PDA

View Full Version : Better PF, Kevin Love or Blake Griffin

dnewguy
12-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Who would you rather have? Kevin love just had 10 points, 8 rebounds in the 1st quarter and I was surprised that many on here are already crowing Griffin as the best PF in league.

m26555
12-04-2010, 09:43 PM
I think Griffin has a higher ceiling, personally.

Cubs Win
12-04-2010, 09:44 PM
I think Griffin has a higher ceiling, personally.

This.

D Roses Bulls
12-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Who would you rather have? Kevin love just had 10 points, 8 rebounds in the 1st quarter and I was surprised that many on here are already crowing Griffin as the best PF in league.

really? who? tell me so I can make fun of them.

Minimal
12-04-2010, 09:45 PM
:facepalm:
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=559330

Sadds The Gr8
12-04-2010, 09:54 PM
obviously Blake.

heathonater
12-04-2010, 09:56 PM
i think griffin will be the better nba player going forward since his potential is unlimited. love is a good player, but i dont think he has the talent to be the guy on a good team, whereas griffin could be the focal point of a good team. griffin's athletic ability is insane, and if he develops some post moves he will be unstoppable.

LakersMaster24
12-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Love is a great overall player, but like someone said his a good player on a bad team. Where offense is mainly run through him and Beasley.
Although Griffin is on Clippers and is also one of the main offensive weapons he still put up slightly better numbers. Also in like 5 years, its gonna be Griffin getting his MVP...

Giraffes Rule
12-04-2010, 10:01 PM
If I could only have one for this season, I'd take Kevin Love. Both need work on defense, but I like Love's range and he obviously has more experience.

mjqusoldier
12-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Griffin or Love isnt a top3 power forward in this league.

Hawkeye15
12-04-2010, 10:04 PM
can we agree that we would take both? Love has 20-12 with 2 minutes to go tonight, averages over 15 boards a night to go with 19 ppg, and is 22 years old. Griffin no doubt is the more exciting player, and may very well end up better (higher ceiling), but Love will be an all star PF no doubt

Khalifa21
12-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Love is the better rebounder, but at this point i'd rather have Griffin.

As Hawkeye said though, they are both absolutely outstanding, young, talented big men.

mrblisterdundee
12-05-2010, 12:31 AM
This is actually more of a toss up than most people think. Comparing Kevin Love and Blake Griffin is like comparing Chris Webber and Tim Duncan.
Love isn't terribly athletic, but he's already a master of fundamentals. If he can play defense, he'll be the model of consistency and a true leader. Also, his basketball IQ is higher than Griffin's.
Griffin, though, is freakishly athletic and can score more than Love. He can also grab as many rebounds, although I don't think he's as consistent as Love.
Ultimately, it comes down to health and what team you're on. If Webber was healthy and on the Spurs, I have no doubt he'd be remembered as being equal if not better than Duncan. If Duncan got a major injury and was on the Kings, he wouldn't have been remembered as being so great. Of course, both the Clippers and the Timberwolves are mediocre teams, so it comes down to health.

mrblisterdundee
12-05-2010, 12:34 AM
i think griffin will be the better nba player going forward since his potential is unlimited. love is a good player, but i dont think he has the talent to be the guy on a good team, whereas griffin could be the focal point of a good team. griffin's athletic ability is insane, and if he develops some post moves he will be unstoppable.

Are you saying Griffin hasn't developed some post moves? Last I checked, he was doing all sorts of dunks, reverse layups and fadeaways as a rookie.