PDA

View Full Version : Boozer: Barkley or Brand?

JasonJohnHorn
12-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Boozer made his Bulls debut, and obviously needs some time to get into the system, but my question to you all: Will he be what Barkley was to the Suns, making them a legit title contender and a dominant team, or is he going to be what Brand is to the 76ers, leading a playoff team into the lottery?

Draco
12-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Neither?

kingbrentg
12-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Neither..

But more towards a contender than a lottery team.

KnicksorBust
12-04-2010, 07:46 PM
I hate this comparison but if I had a gun to my head he's more likely to compare with Barkley than with Brand. Boozer is highly skilled and a great fit on that team.

nycericanguy
12-04-2010, 07:47 PM
interesting comparison. I remember when PHI acquired Brand I thought they'd be a contender and look how that turned out.

That being said I don't think Boozer will fall off a cliff like that.

Basketash
12-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Neither..

But more towards a contender than a lottery team.

This.

John Walls Era
12-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Boozer won't fall of the cliff like Brand did. That being said, both Brand and Barkley have better careers (thus far). Brand was very underrated in the 2000s.

JordansBulls
12-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Boozer made his Bulls debut, and obviously needs some time to get into the system, but my question to you all: Will he be what Barkley was to the Suns, making them a legit title contender and a dominant team, or is he going to be what Brand is to the 76ers, leading a playoff team into the lottery?

Is this a joke? Barkley was a top 3-4 player in the league for years. Not even close to Barkley's level. And Boozer is better than Brand and played more important roles than him.

Chronz
12-04-2010, 08:22 PM
More like Barkley to Houston

John Walls Era
12-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Is this a joke? Barkley was a top 3-4 player in the league for years. Not even close to Barkley's level. And Boozer is better than Brand and played more important roles than him.

I agree with more important roles, but Brand was a perennial 20-10 guy in the 2000s. Give Brand some credit. He had amazing seasons with the Bulls and Clippers (though he didn't lead them anywhere).

Hawkeye15
12-04-2010, 09:12 PM
ugh, neither

dtmagnet
12-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Neither one, he is going to help them but not the way having Barkley would...

effen5
12-05-2010, 12:17 AM
What a terrible thread....

Chacarron
12-05-2010, 12:19 AM
How about compare Boozer to Webber when the 76ers got him?

heatking
12-05-2010, 01:11 AM
brand

iggypop123
12-05-2010, 01:35 AM
the bulls still look like a drive and kick offense. boozer needs more time to help them. if he doesnt become the inside presence the bulls will be a 1st round exit.

tangent12
12-05-2010, 02:08 AM
Very poor comparisons.

Sadds The Gr8
12-05-2010, 02:19 AM
More like Barkley to Houston

this. and good sig

DitchDat
12-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Brand just isn't a good basketball fit. It's a watered down example of adding Shaq to Phoenix. Adding a halfcourt player to a running team doesn't work.

Boozer fits the Bulls way better. He is paired with a tough center and an elite point guard, so he'll be fine. Not quite like Barkley though

BullySixChicago
12-05-2010, 11:33 AM

What an uneven comparision, what does Brand have in 6er land? Look at what Boozer is playing with in Chicago. Furthermore I dont even want to compare him with Barkley and the Suns what did they win? Being a title contender in Chicago means nothing if we dont win the title its a bad season, so forget the comparision 6ers lottery bound and Suns did't win crap with Barkley

masalex1205
12-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Brand isn't a good comparison b/c he wasn't a good fit w/ PHilly's up tempo offense. In contrast, Boozer is the PERFECT b-ball fit beside Noah, he can just worry about rebounding and let NOah do the dirty work. Plus, they've got Gibson to limit Boozer's minutes.

Really don't see the comparison.

Giannis94
12-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Boozer dreams to be what Ersan Ilyasova is

Fmaranesi
12-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Both Sir Charles and Brand were better than Boozer will ever be but all three situations are different. I can see Boozer making the Bulls a better team but still not title contenders, they are essentially playing 4 on 5 with how bad their SG position is.

magichatnumber9
12-05-2010, 12:41 PM
This is a scale question. So by putting neither, well you were better off going to another thread to be honest. I will say Barkley if Rose utilizes the pick and roll very well they will be a contender. That Boston game was closer then most will admit. Great game plan by Tibs the team needs to get into better shape and stick with it for 4 quarters.

kingkenny01
12-05-2010, 01:05 PM
it could go either way but to me it looks more like brand
it is not at all a perfect fit but it looks really good on paper
thing is when you have two big men they get in each others way and don't really flow well
the best example of this is kevin love and al jefferson last year
you really need a high level of chemistry between Noah and boozer to make it work
then you have to factor in that boozer gets injured alot, i don't think it works

MGB
12-05-2010, 03:38 PM
it could go either way but to me it looks more like brand
it is not at all a perfect fit but it looks really good on paper
thing is when you have two big men they get in each others way and don't really flow well
the best example of this is kevin love and al jefferson last year
you really need a high level of chemistry between Noah and boozer to make it work
then you have to factor in that boozer gets injured alot, i don't think it works

You're talking about the NBA right? You know what basketball is right? Have you watched them play? Noah and Booze are almost a perfect compliment to each other.

mikantsass
12-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Boozer is no where near as good as Barkley was and no where near as bad as Brand has been

chipurmunki
12-05-2010, 09:39 PM
boozer would fit if he suits up.

get used to him pushing the date back and pushing the date back and pushing the date back. sucks to be the bulls

chipurmunki
12-05-2010, 09:41 PM
barkley....

not even a comparison. hmmm, let me think, hall-of-famer or namby pamby???

and brand? seriously?

kingbrentg
12-05-2010, 09:44 PM
boozer would fit if he suits up.

get used to him pushing the date back and pushing the date back and pushing the date back. sucks to be the bulls

Except he's playing now and actually fought his way back soon than expected lol.

JasonJohnHorn
12-06-2010, 10:01 AM
What an uneven comparision, what does Brand have in 6er land? Look at what Boozer is playing with in Chicago. Furthermore I dont even want to compare him with Barkley and the Suns what did they win? Being a title contender in Chicago means nothing if we dont win the title its a bad season, so forget the comparision 6ers lottery bound and Suns did't win crap with Barkley

the Suns won division titles with Barkely, and a conference title. That is not 'crap'. They were contenders, and were a dominant team (best record in the league). Just because they didnt win didnt mean Barkley didnt help move them into contention. they took the Bulls to 6 games, which is more than what most teams in the 90's did, and he took the Suns from getting knocked out in the first round to pushign their way to the finals.

As for the Bulls: An appearance in the NBA finals, win or lose, would be a great season for this team.

Geargo Wallace
12-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Neither. Did you really just compare Boozer to a top 4 PF of all time?

TO to the CHI
12-06-2010, 10:35 AM
the Suns won division titles with Barkely, and a conference title. That is not 'crap'. They were contenders, and were a dominant team (best record in the league). Just because they didnt win didnt mean Barkley didnt help move them into contention. they took the Bulls to 6 games, which is more than what most teams in the 90's did, and he took the Suns from getting knocked out in the first round to pushign their way to the finals.

As for the Bulls: An appearance in the NBA finals, win or lose, would be a great season for this team.

To be clear, a trip to the conference finals, win or lose, would be a great season for this Bulls team.

ShakeN'Bake
12-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Neither

Knicks Fire Dog
12-06-2010, 05:54 PM
OK...time for a new comparison

How about STAT and Brand!!!! Go KNicks....

Im just playing, but seriously, the Brand comparison I can see but the Barkley comparison, not even close. C-Webb would be a good one that one poster mentioned when he got traded to the Kings.

C-Webb
Garnett Minny-Boston
Brand again from Chi-Clippers

I would compare the Garnett vs Brand though Because Garnett helped the C's win a chip while C-Webb just got them to the finals.

Bulls should get to the finals the way their playing right now without Booz

Raph12
12-06-2010, 06:04 PM
With Rose, Deng and Noah healthy, I can't see him dragging them down to the lottery, so I'll go with Option A...

chipurmunki
12-06-2010, 09:25 PM
:rolleyes:

like i said, don't get used to it. i give him 2 weeks before he starts missing again.and for what? a popped pimple gone awry? shaving accident?