PDA

View Full Version : East All-star team?

tbw18
12-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Will any of the Heat be on it and as of now who do you think will be in the starting lineup?

Kefman2110
12-04-2010, 11:39 AM
wade and James will probably start for the East team.

javaid64
12-04-2010, 11:39 AM
wade and lebron cause they both will get voted in like always

Slimsim
12-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Rose
Wade
LBJ
Amare
Howard

potential starting 5

NYYCowboys
12-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Bosh should definitely not be on it. Amare should be starting at PF for the east.

detzfish
12-04-2010, 12:00 PM
i believe james and wade will both be voted in as starters

rondo
wade
james
stoudemire
howard

i see that being the starters but the pg spot could end up going to rose. or even wall-if enough mindless people vote based on name acknowledgement like they have in the past with iverson and mcgrady.

goose14741
12-04-2010, 12:12 PM
even tho your both knicks fans and im a celts fan i agree, he's dropping 30 every game and rejecting every ignorant player who thinks they can yam on him.

1.rondo
2.wade
3.LBJ
4.Amare
5.Howard

bench.
D-rose
Carter
Felton/Jennings
Iggy
Wallace
Josh Smith
Bosh
Pierce/Garnett
Lopez
Horford/Shaq

what do ya'll think
horford or shaq?
Pierce or garnett?
Felton or jennings? or maybe nelson?

bostncelts34
Theres a big diffrence of who WILL be on the team, and who SHOULD.

Starters

Rose
Wade
James
Garnett ( due to voting no stats)
Howard

reserves:

Rondo
Granger
Pierce
Amare
Bosh
Bargnani
Noah
Felton/Wall/jennings (any one of them for extra Guard)
Ray Allen/S Jax

Guys like Shaq,Carter etc. will get voted in and take a couple of these guys deserving spots though.

Fmaranesi
Rose, Rondo, Felton, Granger, Stat, Bargnani, Howard, Lopez, Noah, Garnett, Wade, James < All these will get in, in my opinion.

bostncelts34
12-04-2010, 12:15 PM
even tho your both knicks fans and im a celts fan i agree, he's dropping 30 every game and rejecting every ignorant player who thinks they can yam on him.

1.rondo
2.wade
3.LBJ
4.Amare
5.Howard

bench.
D-rose
Carter
Felton/Jennings
Iggy
Wallace
Josh Smith
Bosh
Pierce/Garnett
Lopez
Horford/Shaq

what do ya'll think
horford or shaq?
Pierce or garnett?

Iggy doesnt belong anywhere enar a all star list this year IMO

mikealike305
12-04-2010, 12:22 PM
1. rondo
2. wade
3. lebron
4. amare
5. howard

ManRam
12-04-2010, 12:27 PM
Rose, Rondo, Felton, Granger, Stat, Bargnani, Howard, Lopez, Noah, Garnett, Wade, James < All these will get in, in my opinion.

No way Bargs, Howard, Brook and Noah all make it. 4 centers isn't happening. Bargs and Brook don't deserve it either. Bargs scores 20 a game, but really doesn't do much else. Terrible rebounder for a center, and a 46 FG% isn't really sexy either. He has no chance. Horford deserves it over both of them.

Guards:
Rondo/Rose/Wade/Allen

Forwards:
James/Pierce/Garnett/Amare/Bosh

Centers:
Howard/Noah/Horford

Those would be my 12 right now. The guards are pretty weak this year.

Quick tangent, who is the third best PG in the East this year. Is it Nelson who's 6th in asst%, 10th in winshares/48, third in the East in assists/48, and probably the best shooter of the bunch; or is it Felton who logs way more minutes and puts up better counting stats, but his production isn't nearly as good; or is it Jennings, who falls in the same boat?

masalex1205
12-04-2010, 12:34 PM

Starters

Rose
Wade
James
Howard

reserves:

Rondo
Granger
Pierce
Amare
Bosh
Bargnani
Noah
Ray Allen/S Jax

Guys like Shaq,Carter etc. will get voted in and take a couple of these guys deserving spots though.

Felton? gross

John Walls Era
12-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Bargnani should make it. Teams can't stop him. Also hes a PF/C and theres no rule saying that you can't have 4 Cs on the team.

CHANGO
12-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Rondo
Wade
Lebron
Garnett
Howard

pd7631
12-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Allen Iverson
Dwyane Wade
Lebron James
Amare Stoudemire
Dwight Howard

John Walls Era
12-04-2010, 12:51 PM
My Starting 5: Rondo, Wade, Lebron, Josh Smith, Dwight

Reserves: Amare, Rose, Andrea Bargnani, Noah, Horford, Pierce, Garnett(or Ray Allen, I don't think Celtics will have 4 players).

Lets be real here... Bargnani deserves this more than Bosh. And don't get me wrong, I'm not a Bosh hater.

IndiansFan337
12-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Will any of the Heat be on it and as of now who do you think will be in the starting lineup?

Wade & James will be voted as starters.

Bosh probably won't make it, even though the East has a limited amount of big F's.

Khalifa21
12-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Felton? gross

18/8 whilst leading his team to a winning record doesn't look gross to me :shrug:

D Roses Bulls
12-04-2010, 01:08 PM
all I know is that rose will be starting........ why cause the fans vote. so I don't know why some of you think rondo will get voted in over him.

anyways

rose
wade
james
amare
howard

Khalifa21
12-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Starters:

PG: Derrick Rose
SG: Dwyane Wade
SF: LeBron James
PF: Amar'e Stoudemire
C: Dwight Howard

Reserves:

G: Rajon Rondo
G: Ray Allen
F: Paul Pierce
F: Josh Smith
C: Al Horford

W/C: Raymond Felton
W/C: Chris Bosh

MagicBucsSox
12-04-2010, 01:11 PM
flawless

YoungOne
12-04-2010, 01:15 PM
i would like to not vote in pierce or garnett, they could use the rest :)

hotpotato1092
12-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Starters:

Rondo
Wade
LeBron
Amare
Howard

reserves:

Granger
Garnett
Rose
Pierce
Noah
Felton
Bargnani

daleja424
12-04-2010, 01:35 PM
lol at Bargnani over Bosh...

Bosh is putting up arguably better numbers as a number 3 option...while Bargnani is the number one option. Guess what...we already saw that Bosh was the far superior player the last several years in Toronto.

Even statistically, Bosh is a more efficient scorer and a better rebounder...

Minimal
12-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Mine East All-Star team, atleast this is how I want it to see:

PG - Rajon Rondo - Derrick Rose
SG - Dwyane Wade - Stephen Jackson
SF - LeBron James - Danny Granger - Gerald Wallace
PF - Amare Stoudemire - Josh Smith - Chris Bosh
C - Dwight Howard - Joakim Noah

John Walls Era
12-04-2010, 01:38 PM

Bosh is putting up arguably better numbers as a number 3 option...while Bargnani is the number one option. Guess what...we already saw that Bosh was the far superior player the last several years in Toronto.

Bargs has been keeping the Raptors from getting blown out. I guess that means nothing... Raptors were suppose to suck and be last in the East, guess what? They're 8th.

DoMeFavors
12-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Rondo Rose
Wade Johnson
LeBron Pierce
Garnett Amare
Dwight Shaq

DoMeFavors
12-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Starters:

Rondo
Wade
LeBron
Amare
Howard

reserves:

Granger
Garnett
Rose
Pierce
Noah
Felton
Bargnani

Amare deserves it but fans always seem to love KG in starting line up just like Iverson.

daleja424
12-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Bargs has been keeping the Raptors from getting blown out. I guess that means nothing... Raptors were suppose to suck and be last in the East, guess what? They're 8th.

so? Bosh did the same last year... no?

hockeyunhboy77
12-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Garnett
Felton
Shag

1.rondo
2.wade
3.LBJ
4.Amare
5.Howard

bench.
D-rose
Carter
Felton/Jennings
Iggy
Wallace
Josh Smith
Bosh
Pierce/Garnett
Lopez
Horford/Shaq

what do ya'll think
horford or shaq?
Pierce or garnett?

Dankster
12-04-2010, 02:02 PM

Starters

Rose
Wade
James
Howard

reserves:

Rondo
Granger
Pierce
Amare
Bosh
Bargnani
Noah
Ray Allen/S Jax

I doubt Garnett will start over Amare- you have to factor in almost every person in NY is going to pencil in Amare at the starting PF spot...to be honest, it's not 100% that Garnett or Bosh will make the team---i think one of them will lose a spot on this roster...

Rose/Rondo (almost interchangeable as to who starts)
D-Wade
Lebron
Amare
Dwight Howard

knickerbockerny
12-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Starters

C Dwight Howard
PF Amare Stoudemire
SF Lebron James
SG Dwayne Wade
PG Derrick Rose

First, I do believe Derrick Rose will be voted a starter by the fans over Rajon Rondo for whatever reason.

Second, I believe Amare is going to garner more votes than Garnett. Amare is almost always near the leading vote getters and he is having the better season.

Last Wade and Lebron are givings.

Reserves

C Joakim Noah
PF Kevin Garnett
SF Danny Granger
SG Paul Pierce
PG Rajon Rondo

W/C Raymond Felton (if Knicks keep winning)
W/C Andrea Bargnani (if the Raps are in a playoff position by the time coaches pick)

The Wild card spots are really up in the air.

DaoudS
12-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Lets not make this about Bosh vs. Bargnani. It is fairly obvious this season that Bosh's numbers don't justify an all-star selection and though Bargnani has played well, he likely won't get in IMO.

Starting:
Rondo - Wade - James - Amar'e - Howard

Bench:
Rose - Pierce - Granger - Smith - Horford

Probables:
Garnett - Noah

Maybes:
Hibbert - Felton - Shaq (probably through votes)

ball4reel
12-04-2010, 02:09 PM
all i know is that rose will be starting........ Why cause the fans vote. So i don't know why some of you think rondo will get voted in over him.

Anyways

rose
wade
james
amare
howard

+1

HeaTxRipZz
12-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Allen Iverson
Tracy Mcgrady
Vince Carter
Kevin Garnett
Shaquille Oneal

Reserves

Steve Francis
Penny Hardaway
Grant Hill
Juwan Howard
Alonzo Mourning

ManRam
12-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Here's my shameless "Jameer Nelson is the third best PG in the East" argument.

Amongst EC PGs...

Jameer: 3rd in PER, 4th in TS%, 1st in WS/48, 2nd in AST%.

His lack of minutes (our depth) is hurting his counting numbers.

In per/48 stats, only Rose, Harris, and Jennings score more. Only Rondo and Calderon average more assists. His shooting percentages (49.2 and 40.7) are nothing short of elite. Only Rondo and Bibby shoot better from the field, and only Bibby and Calderon shoot better from three.

His offensive rating is 117. His defensive rating is 102.
Felton's offensive rating is 115. His defensive rating is 108.
Harris is 105 and 109.
Wall is 103 and 109.
Augustin is 120 and 110.
Jennings is 104 and 103.

Best defensive rating and second best offensive rating.

Not saying he is definitely the third best...but he's definitely slept on, he's definitely the second best player on the second best team in the East. He just deserves a little more love. He's playing at the level he did in 08-09 when he was an all-star.

justinnum1
12-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Rondo
Wade
Lebron
Garnett
Howard

This.

Bigbadmoffo
12-04-2010, 02:22 PM

This The raps are better without bosh in a tougher conference then last year. The team doesn't spoon feed bargs he creates his own shots and plays with the team.

smith&wesson
12-04-2010, 02:24 PM
rondo
wade
lebron
amare
howard

2nd unit

rose
joe johnson or granger or both
gerald wallace
kg
bargnani

Stunner
12-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Rondo and Rose should be the PG and SG.

balla4life22
12-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Mine East All-Star team, atleast this is how I want it to see:

PG - Rajon Rondo - Derrick Rose
SG - Dwyane Wade - Stephen Jackson
SF - LeBron James - Danny Granger - Gerald Wallace
PF - Amare Stoudemire - Josh Smith - Chris Bosh
C - Dwight Howard - Joakim Noah

no pierce? he's having one of his best seasons. avg 20 pts on 52% shooting

mjt20mik
12-04-2010, 02:33 PM

Bosh is a more efficient scorer, and better rebounder. However, I think Bargnani suits our system very well, is a nightmare to contain, and isn't a black hole on offense. I mean for a team that people dubbed being the worst in the ECF, we are 8th right now. We have a better record than last year, with a weaker roster and an apparently weaker franchise player in Bargnani.

HOZ THE KNICK
12-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Rondo
wade
lebron
amare
howard

mjt20mik
12-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Rondo
wade
lebron
amare
howard

This.

NYYCowboys
12-04-2010, 02:37 PM
PG- Rondo
SG- Wade
SF- Lebron
PF- Amare
C- Howard

The only argument really is Rondo or Rose, and that's it so far.

dtmagnet
12-04-2010, 02:49 PM
I think the only way Bargnani makes it is if his RPG goes up (which it should with Evans out) and if the Raptors win A LOT more games.

goose15
12-04-2010, 02:51 PM
starting 5:

Rondo
Wade
Lebron
Stoudemire
Howard

fadedmario
12-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Who cares. Wasn't Iverson supposed to start last year? I'll pass on the all-star lol game

JordansBulls
12-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Starters

Rose
Wade
James
Garnett
Howard

reserves:

Rondo
Granger
Pierce
Amare
Bosh
Bargnani
Noah
Wallace
Vince Carter

I can't justify the Celtics having 4 guys in the allstar game and the Magic only 1.

alencp3
12-04-2010, 02:56 PM
I wouldnt mind seeing Shaq for the last time putting on a show

alencp3
12-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Starters

Rose
Wade
James
Garnett
Howard

reserves:

Rondo
Granger
Pierce
Amare
Bosh
Bargnani
Noah
Wallace
Vince Carter

I can't justify the Celtics having 4 guys in the allstar game and the Magic only 1.

Nelson and Wall instead of Crash and Carter

meloman1592
12-04-2010, 03:00 PM
1:Rondo (Rose could make a push)
2:Wade
3:LeBron
4:Amare'
5:Dwight

Il Mago 7
12-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Bargnani Still Doesnt Have Respect Yet? Wow

ManRam
12-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Bargnani Still Doesnt Have Respect Yet? Wow

Why does he deserve it? Terrible defender. Terrible rebounder. Terrible passer.

He's shooting percentages are not good. Poor FG%, poor eFG% and TS%. His offensive rating is only 104 this year. That's not that great at all. He's 18th amongst all centers in PER too.

Sure, he scores 20 points a game, but really, there's not much else he does.

And if you want to talk about how they are playing better than we expected...well, he has 1.1 win shares. Not impressive.

Bargs doesn't deserve it over the likes of Horford, Noah, or Howard. Or probably even Hibbert or Lopez.

el_primo_nano
12-04-2010, 03:18 PM
How is anybody even considering Garnett to start?? He isnt putting up the numbers that Amare is.. I hope Rondo could start over Rose

BHF
12-04-2010, 03:19 PM

He's shooting percentages are not good. Poor FG%, poor eFG% and TS%. His offensive rating is only 104 this year. That's not that great at all. He's 18th amongst all centers in PER too.

And if you want to talk about how they are playing better than we expected...well, he has 1.1 win shares. Not impressive.

Bargs doesn't deserve it over the likes of Horford, Noah, or Howard. Or probably even Hibbert or Lopez.

put that calculator away and watch a game or 2

John Walls Era
12-04-2010, 03:19 PM
so? Bosh did the same last year... no?

Yeah... so he got the AS birth. What's your point? If AB does the same thing than he should get it.

John Walls Era
12-04-2010, 03:23 PM

You didn't give us a lesson on this when he was going Dirk on the Magic in what you called "Hide the Children, Magic will stomp the Raptors" game.

Also confused by why you say hes a bad passer. Big men don't get assists (hockey assists), he knows when to pass it. Hes a smart passer.

Badluck33
12-04-2010, 03:30 PM
put that calculator away and watch a game or 2

best way to use a calculator when watching andrea bargnani play is to cover your eyes with it.

John Walls Era
12-04-2010, 03:33 PM
best way to use a calculator when watching andrea bargnani play is to cover your eyes with it.

Says the guy who has to see Noah's mug every game.

I don't get the hate, everyone would be loving him if he played PF on your team.

ManRam
12-04-2010, 03:33 PM
You didn't give us a lesson on this when he was going Dirk on the Magic in what you called "Hide the Children, Magic will stomp the Raptors" game.

Also confused by why you say hes a bad passer. Big men don't get assists (hockey assists), he knows when to pass it. Hes a smart passer.

He refuses to pass. Just like a lot of big men. Not really a knock against him I guess. My only point was that I truly think all he does is shoot...and every other aspect of his game is less than par for a big man.

He did go off verse us and lead his team to a win. He scored 27 points on 23 shots which is pretty decent. That's one game. For the season, Horford and Noah, and probably a few other centers, have just been far better.

If seen him plenty plenty of times. He's one dimensional. He's a guy who loves to shoot from outside the paint (11.5 of his 17 shots a game), and is afraid of doing anything else. He's a points per game guy, and that's it.

For you, and whoever told me to "put away the calculator and watch a game"...please tell me why he's more deserving than Noah or Horford. There aren't going to be 4 centers on the squad.

John Walls Era
12-04-2010, 03:44 PM
He refuses to pass. Just like a lot of big men. Not really a knock against him I guess. My only point was that I truly think all he does is shoot...and every other aspect of his game is less than par for a big man.

He did go off verse us and lead his team to a win. He scored 27 points on 23 shots which is pretty decent. That's one game. For the season, Horford and Noah, and probably a few other centers, have just been far better.

If seen him plenty plenty of times. He's one dimensional. He's a guy who loves to shoot from outside the paint (11.5 of his 17 shots a game), and is afraid of doing anything else. He's a points per game guy, and that's it.

For you, and whoever told me to "put away the calculator and watch a game"...please tell me why he's more deserving than Noah or Horford. There aren't going to be 4 centers on the squad.

Based on advance metrics, you make a solid case for Noah. However Bulls are more talented than the Raptors. Bargnani has less to work with. In 2003, the East had 4 C: Brad Miller, Big Z, Ben Wallace and Jermaine Oneal. Same with in 2004 (You can make a case that O'Neal can play both PF and C). You can also make a case that Bargnani is a PF despite being forced to officially play as a C.

mrblisterdundee
12-04-2010, 03:50 PM
East All-Star Team:

PG - Rajon Rondo, Derrick Rose
SG - Dwayne Wade, Joe Johnson or Ray Allen
SF - LeBron James, Paul Pierce
PF - Chris Bosh, Carlos Boozer
C - Dwight Howard, Andrew Bogut

Andrea Bargnani, Brandon Jennings, Danny Granger

joeboow90
12-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Lmaooo some ppl said Ray Allen and KG?? ahaha talk about a homer pick, those guys should be no where near the all star team...SMH C'mon Son

VinceCarter
12-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Felton? gross

I'd say Devin Harris before Jennings.

I don't know what Felton's really been doing so I don't know about him.

knicks=love
12-04-2010, 04:22 PM
are people really gonna say amare and felton shouldn't be on the all star team? yeah, i'm a knicks fan.. typical fan standing up for their team, but amare is dropping 30 a night, and felton is proving to everyone that amare doesn't need nash. if not both of them making it, one of them will, and it should be amare.. other than those two, basically everyone is saying the same people and i agree with the majority of the players

FadeAwayLikeMJ
12-04-2010, 04:30 PM
if Rondo doesnt start i will **** my pants

bovice163
12-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Says the guy who has to see Noah's mug every game.

I don't get the hate, everyone would be loving him if he played PF on your team.

I don't want a PF that plays defense when he wants to, and can't rebound the ball well. I mean cmon, 5 rebounds a game as a 7 footer? The guy is an SF in a PF body. I like the fact that he has range on his jumper, but the guy could at least manage to get 2 or 3 more rebounds.

ManRam
12-04-2010, 04:39 PM
are people really gonna say amare and felton shouldn't be on the all star team? yeah, i'm a knicks fan.. typical fan standing up for their team, but amare is dropping 30 a night, and felton is proving to everyone that amare doesn't need nash. if not both of them making it, one of them will, and it should be amare.. other than those two, basically everyone is saying the same people and i agree with the majority of the players

I will be a homer here...I don't do it enough.

Statistically, he hasn't been better than Nelson. Felton logs a ton of minutes, which inflate his counting stats. But if you look at the stats that matter, Nelson is the better player. Nelson has the higher eFG%, better AST%, better ORating and Drating, and more win shares per 48 minutes. He averages more points, assists, and fewer turnovers per 36. He's great at getting Dwight looks. He has better shooting percentages. Oh yeah, and he's the second best player on the second best team in the East, not the second best player on the sixth best team in the East.

Use this to help sort between the 3/4 guys I think have a shot for the title of 3rd best PG in the East right now...no disrespect to Augustin or Wall.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=nelsoja01&y1=2011&p2=feltora01&y2=2011&p3=harride01&y3=2011&p4=jennibr01&y4=2011

NYsFinest
12-04-2010, 04:40 PM
I'd say Devin Harris before Jennings.

I don't know what Felton's really been doing so I don't know about him.

18.2 PPG
8.4 APG
4.1 RPG
2 SPG
47.1% Shooting
37% 3PT
90% FT %
20 PER

and he has only been getting better because he started off slow because he was on a brand new team and system.

NYsFinest
12-04-2010, 04:43 PM

Statistically, he hasn't been better than Nelson. Felton logs a ton of minutes, which inflate his counting stats. But if you look at the stats that matter, Nelson is the better player. Nelson has the higher eFG%, better AST%, better ORating and Drating, and more win shares per 48 minutes. He averages more points, assists, and fewer turnovers per 36. He's great at getting Dwight looks. He has better shooting percentages. Oh yeah, and he's the second best player on the second best team in the East, not the second best player on the sixth best team in the East.

Use this to help sort between the 3/4 guys I think have a shot for the title of 3rd best PG in the East right now...no disrespect to Augustin or Wall.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=nelsoja01&y1=2011&p2=feltora01&y2=2011&p3=harride01&y3=2011&p4=jennibr01&y4=2011

Both Nelson and Felton are playing great basketball right now. Looks like theres a solid chance they meet in the first round again, hopefully Felton plays better this time if they do.

bovice163
12-04-2010, 04:44 PM
To those saying Felton should be on the All Star team > :facepalm:

Felton is a good PG who's game is catered to having a big man to play off of. His stats have been great, but outside of Felton, the Knicks don't have a true PG so he will get most of the minutes there. His stats are also somewhat inflated due to playing in D'antoni's fast paced system, basically why Duhon did what he did last season.

Fantasy wise, Felton is a top PG in the league, but not so much in reality. Plus there is no way in hell he gets picked in before Rose and Rondo.

ManRam
12-04-2010, 04:45 PM
With that said, I do think that Nelson and Felton should be the two choices for the third PG in the East, if a 3rd PG is chosen. Gotta give props to Felton for what he's done...I just love me some Jameer ;)

J_M_B
12-04-2010, 04:49 PM
My starting five would be:

Rondo
Wade
James
Amare
Howard

NYsFinest
12-04-2010, 04:49 PM

Felton is a good PG who's game is catered to having a big man to play off of. His stats have been great, but outside of Felton, the Knicks don't have a true PG so he will get most of the minutes there. His stats are also somewhat inflated due to playing in D'antoni's fast paced system, basically why Duhon did what he did last season.

Fantasy wise, Felton is a top PG in the league, but not so much in reality. Plus there is no way in hell he gets picked in before Rose and Rondo.

Oh yea, what did Duhon do last season? Please tell me you are referring to the 7.4 ppg and 5.6 apg monster of a season he had as the starter in this "stat-inflating" system.
A big reason for Felton's increase in production is that he actually has talent to play with. Bobcats have a lot of tough gritty players, but they aren't ideal for offensive production. So what if he has a great big man to throw it to, most great PGs do. Also he is given more freedom to create and be a playmaker, Larry Brown and the Bobcats are known for the most offensively restricting system in the NBA. His numbers may be slightly inflated, but not as much as many on here are assuming, he just finally has the freedom and tools to succeed. I'm sure Deron William's numbers would dip is he had to play on that Bobcat's team as well.

Rafters
12-04-2010, 05:02 PM
dwight
amare
lbj
wade
rondo

rose
bosh
johnson
pierce
horford

zambo4president
12-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Derrick Rose
Dwayne Wade
LeBron James
Amare Stoudemire
Dwight Howard

Bench:

Rajon Rondo
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Danny Granger
Joakim Noah
Gerald Wallace
Brook Lopez
Andrea Bargnani
Brandon Jennings
Raymond Felton(There's so many Knick fans that will vote him in)

Frrrrank!!!
12-04-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm surprised so many people are picking Rondo over Rose. Usually the guy who scores more gets the nod.

HeaTxRipZz
12-04-2010, 05:14 PM

Felton and Duhon aren't even comparable. Really lets talk about reality what did Duhon do for the knicks last season?

Rack up 7.4 ppg with 5 apg? not much really I wouldn't say the system did anything for that particular player he was terrible.

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-04-2010, 05:17 PM
I've seen list with no Amare at all but Boozer and Bosh.. The only PF that is playing better ball than Amare is questionably KG ... Numbers wise Amare is better but impact team wise I'd give the slight edge to KG.

sargon21
12-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Rondo
Rose
Lebron
Amare
Dwight

thats right.. **** wade

gerber
12-04-2010, 05:36 PM

1.rondo
2.wade
3.LBJ
4.Amare
5.Howard

bench.
D-rose
Carter
Felton/Jennings
Iggy
Wallace
Josh Smith
Bosh
Pierce/Garnett
Lopez
Horford/Shaq

what do ya'll think
horford or shaq?
Pierce or garnett?

Bargnani over Bosh any day.

Slimsim
12-04-2010, 05:42 PM

Did you take into account that this is Feltons first year with a new group of teammates ?

Kashmir13579
12-04-2010, 05:52 PM
People think Knicks have a chance to have 2 allstars this year? i never thought i'd see the day.

DoMeFavors
12-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Derrick Rose
Dwayne Wade
LeBron James
Amare Stoudemire
Dwight Howard

Bench:

Rajon Rondo
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Danny Granger
Joakim Noah
Gerald Wallace
Brook Lopez
Andrea Bargnani
Brandon Jennings
Raymond Felton(There's so many Knick fans that will vote him in)

Brook Lopez has been awful this year he is the worst rebounding Center in the league, Brandon Jennings has no chance, and Felton might make it but voting only counts for starters.

DoMeFavors
12-04-2010, 05:56 PM
People think Knicks have a chance to have 2 allstars this year? i never thought i'd see the day.

Congrats man, I aint hating anymore. Knicks are a 5th or 6th seed depending on Pacers or Knicks who gets which. Bucks have been awful.

nycericanguy
12-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Felton has become one of the most hated players in the NBA from reading these forums....lol

He def has a chance to make it though, he's been playing at a 20ppg 9apg clip after adjusting to all the new players since the slow start

jackdawson
12-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Miami Thrice + Rondo + Howard.

ManRam
12-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Did you take into account that this is Feltons first year with a new group of teammates ?

No. Why should I? This is the all-star game. We're voting for the guys who are having the best years...or just the better players.

"He probably will continue to get better because he's playing with a new offense" fits no criterion in my all-star voting. It's what you HAVE done. Period. Not what you can do, what you will do, or the reasons why you think a player hasn't been as good as someone else.

Kashmir13579
12-04-2010, 06:02 PM

ok... but Felton has a lower usg% and the same exact PER. he's also a better defender than Nelson and has a SLIGHTLY lower offensive rating.... i think we can all agree that Orlando is a better team than the Knicks so its not really a mystery where Nelson's marginal lead in WSs come from. and please acknowledge and respect how easy Felton is making things for Amar'e.

NYsFinest
12-04-2010, 06:04 PM
No. Why should I? This is the all-star game. We're voting for the guys who are having the best years...or just the better players.

"He probably will continue to get better because he's playing with a new offense" fits no criterion in my all-star voting. It's what you HAVE done. Period. Not what you can do, what you will do, or the reasons why you think a player hasn't been as good as someone else.

good thing the all-star game is not tomorrow

John Walls Era
12-04-2010, 06:04 PM
ok... but Felton has a lower usg% and the same exact PER. he's also a better defender than Nelson and has a SLIGHTLY lower offensive rating.... i think we can all agree that Orlando is a better team than the Knicks so its not really a mystery where Nelson's marginal lead in WSs come from. and please acknowledge and respect how easy Felton is making things for Amar'e.

This is a solid point. Many disregarded Felton's ability in the season by saying Amare will suck without Nash. That being said, I'm not a fan of Felton cuz since I love Tony Douglas.

ManRam
12-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Please acknowledge how easy Jameer has made it for Dwight (if we're using that silly, unsubstantiated type of argument).

People bash Dwight's offensive game all the time. I don't think it's a fluke that he plays his best when Nelson is playing his best. Nelson's usage rating is high...and that's because he is such a larger piece of our offense than Felton. He is our offense...it always starts with him.

I might just be swayed by watching Nelson play all the time, but he is the heart and soul of this offense. He runs it so well. The pick and roll with him is just unstoppable these days...ask Chicago. He can get past that first layer so easy.

I've seen the Knicks a few times this year...and I really truly feel that Nelson is more of an offensive force...and more integral to our team's success. Just my opinion.

Either way, saying Felton or Nelson are obviously more deserving just isn't right. It's very close.

LakersMaster24
12-04-2010, 06:22 PM
PG: Rose
SG: Wade
SF: LeBron
PF: Garnett (voted in)
C: Superman

PG: Rondo
SG: Johnson
Sf: Pierce
PF: Amare
C: Noah deserves it....imo

Possible Big Men:Bargnani/Shaq/Horford/ LOVE ( <<<<< deserves it most)
Possible Smaller PLayers:Allen/Wall/Wallace

ImThatDude
12-04-2010, 06:27 PM
People seem to forget that when it comes to the reserves, the coaches vote based on team record and not on solely stats. If the team is well below .500 the player won't even get a look.

DoMeFavors
12-04-2010, 06:30 PM
People seem to forget that when it comes to the reserves, the coaches vote based on team record and not on solely stats. If the team is well below .500 the player won't even get a look.

David Lee got in last year, if a player is good they still get consideration.

Joker117
12-04-2010, 06:35 PM
this has 2 lists for me if the fans vote still has enough impact to get ppl in .. I know they changed it or heard they did anyway

PG - rondo rose could get in just on name basis but I think felton deserves a look too and wont be surprized if john wall gained enough fans to sneak in lol ..but wouldnt deserve it ( though the kids good)

sg- wade hasnt played well enough to deserve it.. and Im a huge fan of his but lets be honest here..
but his name could get him in even amongst coaches players fans any voters... same with joe johnson who doesnt deserve it at all right now ...but his name sort of started saying different

sg - should be jennings or iggy ..

sf- LBJ when he plays as an actual SF hes a beast and despite his turnovers he still playing great

Pf- STAT .. hes freakin playin center both forward spots really and the best defender on his team and he does everything for them like a true all star and well hes been a beast

Center- howard or brook lopez..hmm

Kashmir13579
12-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Please acknowledge how easy Jameer has made it for Dwight (if we're using that silly, unsubstantiated type of argument).

People bash Dwight's offensive game all the time. I don't think it's a fluke that he plays his best when Nelson is playing his best. Nelson's usage rating is high...and that's because he is such a larger piece of our offense than Felton. He is our offense...it always starts with him.

I might just be swayed by watching Nelson play all the time, but he is the heart and soul of this offense. He runs it so well. The pick and roll with him is just unstoppable these days...ask Chicago. He can get past that first layer so easy.

I've seen the Knicks a few times this year...and I really truly feel that Nelson is more of an offensive force...and more integral to our team's success. Just my opinion.

Either way, saying Felton or Nelson are obviously more deserving just isn't right. It's very close.

I thought the Magic wanted to trade Nelson.
I thought they wanted a better PG and distributer.
I thought he doesn't show up in the playoffs.
I certainly didn't think Magic fans acknowledged him as the glue to their team.

then again, i'm not a Magic fan; just as you're not a Knick fan. i'd say Felton has a better chance solely based on fan voting if nothing else.

btw, its clear that Nelson's stats aren't much better, they are about even (Felton winning in a few important catagories). acknowledge that instead of the last line of my post which was obviously a filler.

nycericanguy
12-04-2010, 06:44 PM
David Lee got in last year, if a player is good they still get consideration.

true, but Lee was chosen by Stern as an injury replacement. You can get in on bad teams, but you have to blow away a player on a good team. For example since your a NJ fan and I'm a knick fan.

If it came down to Harris & Felton, even though their stats are similar, Felton probably gets the nod for being on a winning team.

DoMeFavors
12-04-2010, 06:46 PM
true, but Lee was chosen by Stern as an injury replacement. You can get in on bad teams, but you have to blow away a player on a good team. For example since your a NJ fan and I'm a knick fan.

If it came down to Harris & Felton, even though their stats are similar, Felton probably gets the nod for being on a winning team.

No I agree with that, Im just saying sometimes you dont need to be on a winning team to be in the game.

nycericanguy
12-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Rondo
Wade
LBJ
Amare
Dwight

Rose
Pierce
Garnett
Noah
Felton
Bosh

Bargs is way too 1-dimensional to make it IMO. He's probably the least impressive 20ppg scorer in the NBA. He's a 20ppg by default because TOR has no one else. But he's getting a ton of shots.

ManRam
12-04-2010, 06:52 PM
I thought the Magic wanted to trade Nelson.
I thought they wanted a better PG and distributer.
I thought he doesn't show up in the playoffs.
I certainly didn't think Magic fans acknowledged him as the glue to their team.

then again, i'm not a Magic fan; just as you're not a Knick fan. i'd say Felton has a better chance solely based on fan voting if nothing else.

btw, its clear that Nelson's stats aren't much better, they are about even (Felton winning in a few important catagories). acknowledge that instead of the last line of my post which was obviously a filler.

I never wanted that...a few people did, because all they see are PPG and APG...not the stats that really matter. I think the only PG we'd want to move Nelson for now is CP3. Is that ludicrous. Would you not want to move Felton for CP3?
I never felt that way.
I don't think anyone ever said that (he was injured in the 09 Finals, and was our best player last year in the playoffs).
Offensively, I don't think anyone will deny it.

What do you say are the important stats? Just out of curiosity. I think Nelson wins most of them. Points/48 is more telling that PPG. AST% and AST/48 are more telling than APG. Offensive rating and defensive rating favor Nelson. Win shares per 48 hugely favor Nelson.

Minutes: that's the stat you seem to value. Give Nelson Felton minutes, and it's a no-brainer. The Magic have a bench though, so he's not going to ever get 38 minutes a game.

daisuke4cy
12-04-2010, 07:00 PM
starters

Rondo
Rose
James
Amare
Howard

mjt20mik
12-04-2010, 07:15 PM

OK. Firstly, I don't think anyone else is here to say that Bargnani is more deserving of a spot over Horford, Noah, etc. However, unlike those two specifically, they are not your primary options. They are not the guys that are first concerns. You don't have teams saying, "Oh we have to contain Noah", they are more worried about Rose. People are so critical of everything.

Bargnani is not a great player, but he does mix it up. The majority of his shots are from the outside, however, they are off a couple of hard dribbles. Against one of the strongest and toughest defensive teams (in Boston), Bargnani did go to the line 13 times. I mean saying he is afraid is a pretty inaccurate.

Finally, this is his first year as being the man. He has gone out and showed people that he can be the man, and is still adjusting to the pressure. He is not All-star worthy, but saying that his play doesn't deserve any recognition is just being ignorant.

nitric
12-04-2010, 07:37 PM
I'm surprised so many people are picking Rondo over Rose. Usually the guy who scores more gets the nod.

I guess you don't post in the GB enough. 90% of the board hates Rose

John Walls Era
12-04-2010, 08:01 PM
OK. Firstly, I don't think anyone else is here to say that Bargnani is more deserving of a spot over Horford, Noah, etc. However, unlike those two specifically, they are not your primary options. They are not the guys that are first concerns. You don't have teams saying, "Oh we have to contain Noah", they are more worried about Rose. People are so critical of everything.

Bargnani is not a great player, but he does mix it up. The majority of his shots are from the outside, however, they are off a couple of hard dribbles. Against one of the strongest and toughest defensive teams (in Boston), Bargnani did go to the line 13 times. I mean saying he is afraid is a pretty inaccurate.

Finally, this is his first year as being the man. He has gone out and showed people that he can be the man, and is still adjusting to the pressure. He is not All-star worthy, but saying that his play doesn't deserve any recognition is just being ignorant.

:clap::clap:

Joker117
12-04-2010, 08:03 PM
im a huge fan of rose .. but rondos plays been sick ..n hes a passing point guard who can score.. rose seems like he almost should of been a sg ..

kArSoN RyDaH
12-04-2010, 08:13 PM
rondo
wade
lbj
amare
dwight

votes people, votes.

mrblisterdundee
12-04-2010, 08:22 PM
East All-Star Team:

PG - Rajon Rondo, Derrick Rose
SG - Dwayne Wade, Joe Johnson or Ray Allen
SF - LeBron James, Paul Pierce
PF - Chris Bosh, Carlos Boozer
C - Dwight Howard, Andrew Bogut

Andrea Bargnani, Brandon Jennings, Danny Granger

I totally forgot to put Horford in there; forget about Bargnani.

Furymaker
12-04-2010, 08:33 PM
I'd love to see Rondo-Rose guard combo , but it isn't happening .
Rose
Wade
LBJ
Amare
Dwight

-Rondo
-Ray Ray
-Granger
-Josh Smith
-Noah

-Horford , Garnett , P.Pierce ...I think Pierce is not going to make it .

NBA-GMaster
12-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Rose vs Rondo
WADE
JAMES
Garnett, Bosh or Stoudemire
HOWARD

gbrl
12-04-2010, 08:37 PM
rondo
wade
james
amare
howard

rose
pierce
granger
hortford
noah

Bausman
12-04-2010, 09:05 PM
I totally forgot to put Horford in there; forget about Bargnani.

Forget about Horford. What about Jsmoove? Josh Smith shoulda made it over Horford last year. And who would you rather watch in an all star game? ya...