PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the Bucks?

LTBaByyy
12-04-2010, 02:08 AM
People were bashing me of a most overhyped thread I made in the summer bc I had the Bucks as the team, some people had them as a 4-5 team in the east!!

But they are 6-12 and 11th seed in the east

Thoughts?

Dol-Fan
12-04-2010, 02:12 AM
They got Corey Maggette.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-04-2010, 02:17 AM
All of bucks players are throwing bricks, thats pretty much it

their defense is fine

Bruno
12-04-2010, 02:25 AM
Bogut isn't healthy. He wasn't entirely heathy last year either but there has been a significant drop off.

OA SLAY
12-04-2010, 02:32 AM
What do you mean what happen? Where have you been the past 25 years....This is reality son!

NYK_kidd77
12-04-2010, 02:32 AM
Bogut not being health hurts them alot. They also overachieved last year in my opinion

Chacarron
12-04-2010, 02:43 AM
Bogut is not healthy. Salmons came down to earth. Delfino is injured.

MJ-BULLS
12-04-2010, 02:55 AM
the bucks are simply overrated.

i stated this before the season began.

Kenny
12-04-2010, 02:59 AM
I saw this coming took them as a under. When John Salmons is your leading scorer your not that good. Jennings is not your ideal PG either.

GoatMilk
12-04-2010, 03:15 AM
overachieved last year

arkanian215
12-04-2010, 03:20 AM
Luke Ridnour.

Crackadalic
12-04-2010, 03:53 AM
I saw this coming took them as a under. When John Salmons is your leading scorer your not that good. Jennings is not your ideal PG either.

This Jennings should look to get his teammates involve but he looks for his shots more and isnt shooting well at all real overrated
Id take the pacers making the playoffs before id take the bucks this season

Blazers#1Fan
12-04-2010, 03:58 AM
trade jennings,Gooden to portland for batum,Miller,Babbitt + hornets 1st Round pick

Raph12
12-04-2010, 04:09 AM
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRyU9HPjxlQ&feature=related) happened...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-04-2010, 04:15 AM
What do you mean what happen? Where have you been the past 25 years....This is reality son!

:confused:

Niro
12-04-2010, 04:43 AM
M-A-G-G-E-T-T-E

seriously though bogut is still hurt and they are overrated

JayW_1023
12-04-2010, 07:06 AM
Jennings chucking wins or loses them games. This guy needs to play under control.

ImThatDude
12-04-2010, 08:16 AM
Well the last few years The East was a joke, due to nearly every team tanking in anticipation for the summer of 2010.

Giannis94
12-04-2010, 10:58 AM
What happend? Injuries thats what happend. Boguts been out for a few weeks. When the Bucks got bogut they are fine when they dont, they suck. Also expect hammond to make a big deadline deal. He hinted at it earlier in the year

Brew Crew
12-04-2010, 11:16 AM
The team got hot in the second half last year and a large part of that was chemistry, defense, and Andrew Bogut.

Now, we didn't have CDR until a week ago, Bogut and Delfino have been out quite a while, our offense is just flat out bad, Jennings will hit 3 shots in a row then throw up the most embarrassing jumper you'll find in the NBA. There is really no chemistry on the offensive side and the team still runs plays extremely slow. I don't blame Scott Skiles at all really, and I'm not counting the Bucks out of the playoffs just yet.

Kefman2110
12-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Its still so early yet in the season to write them off. They just have no chemistry yet. Injuries is jsut killing this team right now. People are blaming Jennings for chucking up shots. He has to haha. Delfino,CDR,Bogut,and not to mention Maghette is still working through injuries. Who else is going to take the shots? Salmons cant shoot for the life of him right now and Ilyasova hasnt found his groove yet. But once we get at full strength i expect us to be back into it.

Hiphopopotamus
12-04-2010, 11:56 AM
They got "Skiles'd". This always happens to Skiles, he gets a ton out of a team. He pushes them and the play D and win games and have moderate success. His method is so hardcore though that ultimately he burns his players out. We saw this as Bulls fans and it happened in Phoenix too

Hiphopopotamus
12-04-2010, 11:56 AM
They got "Skiles'd". This always happens to Skiles, he gets a ton out of a team. He pushes them and the play D and win games and have moderate success. His method is so hardcore though that ultimately he burns his players out. We saw this as Bulls fans and it happened in Phoenix too

essentially you can only play above your talent level for so long.

Badluck33
12-04-2010, 11:57 AM

I agree, Scott Skiles has a tendency to burn players out.

DeyAce
12-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Salmons showed his true side

Rafer17
12-04-2010, 12:44 PM
They over performed last year
andrew boguts injury
corey maggette pickup - always looks good on paper, but never the court
brandon jennings is cocky

Tha Truth
12-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Basically injuries and the fact that they are not surprising teams anymore. In the second half of last year they surprised a lot of teams, but this year teams are more prepared for this team.

I think once they get some of their key players back from injuries they will start playing better basketball.

drobe86
12-04-2010, 01:14 PM
I think the secret is out on the Bucks. Defensively, the Bucks are trill. They should make a move to get some offense somehow. And the B Jennings hate out there is unwarranted. Dude is a top 10 pg right now, and will only get better going forward.....

fadedmario
12-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Bucks been rebuilding forever

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Well ya figured Bogut,Salmons and Maggette were injured in the summer. Missed most of preseason came back rusty. Then we lost CDR in preseason. Besides last ten games we didn't have our glue guy in Delfino. Plus now Gooden might be injured more now then expect since we dropped Hobson for Skinner. If we can get 100% healthy soon enough if not to late we can be a eighth seed at the minimum. Plus we have Redd back in February. lol Heck ill take what ever we can get that can make a basket at this point. I haven't check but were like #2 for defense yet.

Ty Fast
12-04-2010, 04:27 PM
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRyU9HPjxlQ&feature=related) happened...

ouch!!!!

DoMeFavors
12-04-2010, 04:29 PM
They had great chemistry last year, they lost like 9 of their players from last year and Salmons is back to his former self.

bovice163
12-04-2010, 04:30 PM
I didn't even know that people had expectations for this team. Salmons had a contract year last season, and he always takes it easy after he gets paid. Jennings is still the chucker that he was the season before, and until he learns to take good shots, he will be an above average PG in the league at best. Aside from the scoring dip, Bogut is still the same player as last year, there just aren't enough shots when you have Maggette chucking, Jennings chucking, and Salmons chucking if his game picks up. They really really overachieved last year since Bogut was healthy and Salmons wanted a fat paycheck.

DoMeFavors
12-04-2010, 04:33 PM
The team got hot in the second half last year and a large part of that was chemistry, defense, and Andrew Bogut.

Now, we didn't have CDR until a week ago, Bogut and Delfino have been out quite a while, our offense is just flat out bad, Jennings will hit 3 shots in a row then throw up the most embarrassing jumper you'll find in the NBA. There is really no chemistry on the offensive side and the team still runs plays extremely slow. I don't blame Scott Skiles at all really, and I'm not counting the Bucks out of the playoffs just yet.

CDR doesnt make a difference, I am a Net fan and for 2 years I watched this guy cry about losing and be a baby on twitter. Soon he will be doing this with the Bucks. He isnt a good defender, makes stupid mistakes, is really skinny and doesnt help a team.

ElMarroAfamado
12-04-2010, 05:25 PM
They got Corey Maggette.

Nailed It.
I dont know why Clipper fans always praised this guy he is horrible and his wackness always affects the teams he is on....

Chronz
12-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Has nothing to do with Maggs unless your holding it against him for being injured. I still believe in them, just need to get healthy

MU and UW Fan
12-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Jennings has to shoot a lot of the time with the injuries and no one else is scoring so stop giving him so much crap. Bucks always start out slow and will get better during the second half of the season.

Giannis94
12-04-2010, 06:25 PM

edit

magichatnumber9
12-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Salmons has to be traded every year or he will be rendered powerless.

nycericanguy
12-04-2010, 06:58 PM
Salmons has been horrible, but MIL will be fine. I will hold my prediction from before the season that these 8 teams make the east playoffs. I think they grab the 8th seed.

ORL
BOS
CHI
MIA
ATL
NY
IND
MIL

Giannis94
12-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Salmons has been horrible, but MIL will be fine. I will hold my prediction from before the season that these 8 teams make the east playoffs. I think they grab the 8th seed.

ORL
BOS
CHI
MIA
ATL
NY
IND
MIL

LOL at Indy,NY and probably Atlanta. Lets wait till after the season

nycericanguy
12-04-2010, 07:21 PM
LOL at Indy,NY and probably Atlanta. Lets wait till after the season

whats funny? IND has a good young team. Hibbert, Granger & Collison is a good young core.

NY is gelling after the slow start and having to adjust to 10 new players. But they are 8-1 in their past 9 games including an impressive win in NO last night where NO was 8-1.

MIL is off to a horrible start but I still see them bouncing back to around .500 and making the playoffs. Salmons will be better and they have had some injury issues.

ATL is what they are, a very solid good regular season team that will win 45-50 games. But they are definitely not an elite team.

Don't get whats funny about that? :confused:

DoMeFavors
12-04-2010, 07:35 PM
whats funny? IND has a good young team. Hibbert, Granger & Collison is a good young core.

NY is gelling after the slow start and having to adjust to 10 new players. But they are 8-1 in their past 9 games including an impressive win in NO last night where NO was 8-1.

MIL is off to a horrible start but I still see them bouncing back to around .500 and making the playoffs. Salmons will be better and they have had some injury issues.

ATL is what they are, a very solid good regular season team that will win 45-50 games. But they are definitely not an elite team.

Don't get whats funny about that? :confused:

I see Toronto getting the 8th not Milwakuee, they overachieved and have a very new crew who dont do well together.

goose15
12-04-2010, 07:51 PM
trade Bogut to NY

KnicksorBust
12-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Bogut is not healthy. Salmons came down to earth. Delfino is injured.

This. Plus I just don't think Jennings is a winner.

mrblisterdundee
12-04-2010, 08:29 PM
The Bucks need more shooting to match the slashing. Bogut, Salmons and Maggette are all slashers/post players. Jennings can do it from outside, I think. Has Redd come back? If he could come back and shoot, then maybe the Bucks would have a chance; or maybe Bogut just needs to get back to old form.

0nekhmer
12-04-2010, 10:09 PM
they had a lot of good pieces that they took away. luke ridnour, taking corey maggette..

Lim
12-05-2010, 01:22 AM
they are proving that defense doesn't lead to offense LoL

tangent12
12-05-2010, 02:06 AM
The Bucks are simply not a good team.

They've had a few lucky stretches here and there where they deceived people into believing they were actually a decent team but luck runs out... and that's that.

Kyben36
12-05-2010, 02:17 AM
1, I think jennings is highly over rated, he is not a guy who can run a team effectivly, he is a volume shooter from what I have seen. can he fill it up, yes, but I dont beleive that he nor bogut can be a #1 option
2) Bogut was injured
3) no options behind those two worth speaking of, salmons, Dont even know who their PF is
Maggete, is over rated. Redd is a has been, CDR is a role player alot of their players are weird if you ask me. I am unitimidated by them.

majestic
12-05-2010, 03:36 AM
they let jodie meeks go

nycericanguy
12-05-2010, 09:38 AM
I see Toronto getting the 8th not Milwakuee, they overachieved and have a very new crew who dont do well together.

MIL is a much better team than TOR. MIL beat ORL last night. They have a good PG and a great defensive center, that alone should get them in the playoffs. As bad as they've played they are only 1 game back of TOR. MIL should win around 41 games, TOR probably around 30-35.

DoMeFavors
12-05-2010, 09:42 AM
MIL is a much better team than TOR. MIL beat ORL last night. They have a good PG and a great defensive center, that alone should get them in the playoffs. As bad as they've played they are only 1 game back of TOR. MIL should win around 41 games, TOR probably around 30-35.

STAT wise they are but on OFF they are terrible. They beat Orlando who didnt have Jameer, Dwight, JJ Reddick and Michael Peatrus. The Magic had Rashard Lewis the highest paid player who is a joke and VC chucker. The Bucks have a great center that is hurt nearly every 2 weeks and a PG who shoots up a storm and either he makes them or misses them the entire game.

nycericanguy
12-05-2010, 09:56 AM
STAT wise they are but on OFF they are terrible. They beat Orlando who didnt have Jameer, Dwight, JJ Reddick and Michael Peatrus. The Magic had Rashard Lewis the highest paid player who is a joke and VC chucker. The Bucks have a great center that is hurt nearly every 2 weeks and a PG who shoots up a storm and either he makes them or misses them the entire game.

my bad, i caught the end of the game, i didnt even know Jameer & DH were out. I still think they make it though.

Mochalman
12-05-2010, 09:58 AM
they were who we thought they were? also it doesnt help that bogut isnt 100%. maybe they want to do bad and get harrison barnes

DoMeFavors
12-05-2010, 10:03 AM
they were who we thought they were? also it doesnt help that bogut isnt 100%. maybe they want to do bad and get harrison barnes

Harrison Barnes has slipped there are now guys that will be picked ahead of him, he isnt doing to well in college thus far. Perry Jones and Kyrie Irving I would pick in a heart beat ahead of Barnes. Barnes is about potential and what he can be, Irving looks like the next Chris Paul and Perry Jones is incredible.

Mochalman
12-05-2010, 10:05 AM
but if you draft irving does that mean you give up on jennings? team needs reliable shooters and a pf i believe. havent really looked at their line up that much

kurivaimu
12-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Their offense is struggling and thats why they have such a bad record.

Fmaranesi
12-05-2010, 10:19 AM
They are only 1 game out of 8th place so I wouldn't worry too much

bucksfan31
12-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Well i'm a Bucks fan and i've watched bascially every game and to sum it up I will quote San Francisco 49ers coach Mike Singletary

"I WANT WINNERS"

What have the Bucks done this off season? They've signed people that look good on paper!

ON PAPER-

Maggette - Averaged nearly 20 points a game last season. However, the other thing that was most appealing about this was that we dump two major salarys that were not producing. Charlie Bell and Danny G, to all Bucks fans this seemed like a steal.

Gooden - We have been thin at power forward since Villanueva left a year a year ago (if you even call him a PF). We had luc richard running the 4 and ersan, they were not good rebounders and the Bucks were desperate this offseason. So Hammond brought in a guy who averaged 14 and 9 reb with the clippers, and signed him long term.

CDR - was acquired for basically nothing beacuse the Nets were in a rebuilding mode and dumping salary. This was before the Bucks re-signed Salmons and i think this was more of an insurance move by Hammond. CDR had 5 games strech where he was averaging more than 20 points a game.

THE REALITY

Maggette - This guy was a terrible acquisition, sadly enough, we would have been better off having Danny G and Charlie ride the pine, then have Corey out there. The guy is not a bsketball player, he's some circus show body builder in a uniform. He is a black hole, in a sense that when you pass him the ball, your not getting it back. He shoots an awful percentage so he drives it most of the time, but theres two main problems with the guy. 1) He plays absolutley no defense. 2) he still plays like he's in Golden Sate, very fast pace, and when the offense runs inside out you can't do that. The only use this guy has is a coaching position for teaching Bogut how to shoot free throws.

Gooden - Well he's been injured as of late. He also doesn't know how to win, he makes terible decisions, makes awful passses that can be read by helen keller. Has some solid post moves and a decent jumper, but he's a one trick pony. All offense, no defense.

CDR - Oddly enough right now, I think CDR has been the most beneficial to the team. Its still early and we've only seen a couple games out of him, but he provides a decent spark off the bench. It seems like he gets a little too flashy at times. His jumper is that bad, and he is a pretty good at slashing to the basket. The only knock I have on him is his defense. He makes Maggette look solid. His anticipation in the passing lanes is way off, he brings help D way to soon, and often leaves his man open behind the 3 pt line.

The Verdict - On the court, these guys are all losers. Your talking about players that came from the bottom feeders of the 09-10 season. The Warriors, Clippers and the NETS. We have two players off that nets squad from last year, and i think they forgot how to win! I ronically Hammond tried to bring in guys that would provide instant offense for a team that shot the worst percentage in the league.

So Hammond brings in a bunch of instant offense players who have no idea how to play defense, and he expects Skile (whos a great coach), to work mircales and turn these guys into lock down defenders. Its like bringing Lil Wayne, Eminem and Drake into a studio and saying "Alright guys lets write a really dope country song!"

DoMeFavors
12-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Well i'm a Bucks fan and i've watched bascially every game and to sum it up I will quote San Francisco 49ers coach Mike Singletary

"I WANT WINNERS"

What have the Bucks done this off season? They've signed people that look good on paper!

ON PAPER-

Maggette - Averaged nearly 20 points a game last season. However, the other thing that was most appealing about this was that we dump two major salarys that were not producing. Charlie Bell and Danny G, to all Bucks fans this seemed like a steal.

Gooden - We have been thin at power forward since Villanueva left a year a year ago (if you even call him a PF). We had luc richard running the 4 and ersan, they were not good rebounders and the Bucks were desperate this offseason. So Hammond brought in a guy who averaged 14 and 9 reb with the clippers, and signed him long term.

CDR - was acquired for basically nothing beacuse the Nets were in a rebuilding mode and dumping salary. This was before the Bucks re-signed Salmons and i think this was more of an insurance move by Hammond. CDR had 5 games strech where he was averaging more than 20 points a game.

THE REALITY

Maggette - This guy was a terrible acquisition, sadly enough, we would have been better off having Danny G and Charlie ride the pine, then have Corey out there. The guy is not a bsketball player, he's some circus show body builder in a uniform. He is a black hole, in a sense that when you pass him the ball, your not getting it back. He shoots an awful percentage so he drives it most of the time, but theres two main problems with the guy. 1) He plays absolutley no defense. 2) he still plays like he's in Golden Sate, very fast pace, and when the offense runs inside out you can't do that. The only use this guy has is a coaching position for teaching Bogut how to shoot free throws.

Gooden - Well he's been injured as of late. He also doesn't know how to win, he makes terible decisions, makes awful passses that can be read by helen keller. Has some solid post moves and a decent jumper, but he's a one trick pony. All offense, no defense.

CDR - Oddly enough right now, I think CDR has been the most beneficial to the team. Its still early and we've only seen a couple games out of him, but he provides a decent spark off the bench. It seems like he gets a little too flashy at times. His jumper is that bad, and he is a pretty good at slashing to the basket. The only knock I have on him is his defense. He makes Maggette look solid. His anticipation in the passing lanes is way off, he brings help D way to soon, and often leaves his man open behind the 3 pt line.

The Verdict - On the court, these guys are all losers. Your talking about players that came from the bottom feeders of the 09-10 season. The Warriors, Clippers and the NETS. We have two players off that nets squad from last year, and i think they forgot how to win! I ronically Hammond tried to bring in guys that would provide instant offense for a team that shot the worst percentage in the league.

So Hammond brings in a bunch of instant offense players who have no idea how to play defense, and he expects Skile (whos a great coach), to work mircales and turn these guys into lock down defenders. Its like bringing Lil Wayne, Eminem and Drake into a studio and saying "Alright guys lets write a really dope country song!"

I laughed at that Corey Maggette sumary, I am a Nets fan and I am glad Keyon and CDR are gone both didnt help this team win. Yes the Nets are still bad but those two werent helping. Keyon was so much better on the Nets it seems this year he has been awful as for CDR I dont like him he is a cancer to a team. He complains on twitter if the team loses and just says some stupid things. He annoys me.

Byronicle
12-05-2010, 11:47 AM
they were a better team last year

John Salmons seems to do good whenever he gets traded but the next year his production drops big time, just look at Chicago. He went there, and they played great and they made the playoffs, year after he was crap. Same thing this year

They got a bunch of crap players that were always overhyped like Gooden, Magette, and Boykins and lost great role players like Kurt Thomas and Luke Ridnour

Ollie Tabooger
12-05-2010, 05:00 PM

"I WANT WINNERS"

ON PAPER-

THE REALITY

add to this that Keyon Dooling is the worst excuse for a backup point guard ever. He comes down the court, holds the ball for half the shot clock, and chucks up a brick. We'd be better off having Boykins as our backup. At least he provides a spark, although he's kind of a liability on defense b/c of his height.

xabial
12-05-2010, 06:29 PM
add to this that Keyon Dooling is the worst excuse for a backup point guard ever. He comes down the court, holds the ball for half the shot clock, and chucks up a brick. We'd be better off having Boykins as our backup. At least he provides a spark, although he's kind of a liability on defense b/c of his height.

He's the second shortest man in NBA History, but ill still give him props for being in the league until 34.

bucksfan31
12-06-2010, 05:26 PM

Keyon is like the poor mans Brandon Jennings....VERY POOR. At least Jennings can pass, even though he does't nearly enough.