PDA

View Full Version : Something that a common fan might not notice....

LTBaByyy
12-03-2010, 08:42 PM
The Miami Heat made all of these changes before the season for the better of course

And they are currently in the same seed that they finished last year (w/ a hard schedule coming up), 5th in the east.

Why was it so easy for the Celtics to turn EVERYTHING around in one summer, and they were one of the worst teams in the league to one of the elite teams in just one summer

Why does the heat have the value of an excuse saying they need time to gel?

This isnt a bash thread at all, but thoughts?

Slimsim
12-03-2010, 08:48 PM
They will be second seed Behind Orlando.

Hawkeye15
12-03-2010, 08:50 PM
they will finish with a much better record than last year.

LTBaByyy
12-03-2010, 08:51 PM
they will finish with a much better record than last year.

Yeah true, but I meant seed wise, not wins

Just thought that was interesting that they finished 5th in the east last year

Then added the best player in the game plus an all star and after 1/4 of the season they are 5th in the east

footballer2369
12-03-2010, 08:52 PM
We're barely a month into a season where the Heat added 8 new players and 3 new starters (and they have a better winning % than 4th seed Chicago)...

IMO they will still finish 1st in the East...

Really all you needed to get from this post is that the Heat actually should be 4th based on winning percentage and their pythag/predicted wins are much higher than that... (pythag says Heat should have 16 wins and be 1st in the East)

ManRam
12-03-2010, 08:56 PM
I think they finish with the second seed too.

I don't understand the point you are making, besides the fact that they are off to a slow start...which is obvious. Are you trying to insinuate that this team is no better than last year's? Hmm...

Baller1
12-03-2010, 08:59 PM
They will finish as a top 3 seed for sure. Celtics, Magic, and Heat will be the top 3 seeds, not necessarily in that order.

LTBaByyy
12-03-2010, 08:59 PM
I think they finish with the second seed too.

I don't understand the point you are making, besides the fact that they are off to a slow start...which is obvious. Are you trying to insinuate that this team is no better than last year's? Hmm...

That there still 5th in the east, it was just interesting

Bc the Celtics were able to turn EVERYTHING around in one summer having the Big 3, never playing with eachother

I wasn't trying to start arguments or anything

ManRam
12-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Why wouldn't a common fan notice this? Seems incredibly obvious to me. If you can look at the league records you can deduce this.

The Celtics had more immediate success because their Big Three all filled roles that completely complemented one another's. Not the case in Miami, which is why it will take time.

tcav701
12-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Every person outside of Maimi knows the Heat were the 5 seed last year.

People in Miami believe they were given an expansion team in the summer of 2010.

jackdawson
12-03-2010, 09:14 PM
The Miami Heat made all of these changes before the season for the better of course

And they are currently in the same seed that they finished last year (w/ a hard schedule coming up), 5th in the east.

Why was it so easy for the Celtics to turn EVERYTHING around in one summer

REALLY? How many games are we into the season that you are already counting on seeds? Lakers are the 4th seed now, so you think they are gonna be the 4th seed at the end of the year? Miami Heat will finish at least as a 3rd seed.

thekmp211
12-03-2010, 09:16 PM
well...

rondo vs. chalmers
perkins vs. anthony

plus, allen and kg slid in perfectly to the system.

but, none of them were as dominant at that point as wade and lebron are as individual players. nor were their games as similar. that said, it's very early and the heat aren't exactly bad. they just aren't where they need to be.

the two dominant individual players comment is meant indicate a hinderance not a help. the adjustment period , especially with similar players, is going to have to be greater.

Bluffmasta
12-03-2010, 09:17 PM
i dont understand why people to understand this thread, all its saying is when the celtics got their big three they started straight away, he is just saying how miami isnt doing as well as the celtics did when they got their big three. Heat fans are saying they need to time to gel, but im assuming this guy is trying to say that the celtics didnt need time to gel. This is what i got out of the thread but maybe im wrong

LTBaByyy
12-03-2010, 09:25 PM
i dont understand why people to understand this thread, all its saying is when the celtics got their big three they started straight away, he is just saying how miami isnt doing as well as the celtics did when they got their big three. Heat fans are saying they need to time to gel, but im assuming this guy is trying to say that the celtics didnt need time to gel. This is what i got out of the thread but maybe im wrong

Thank you!! lol

everybody is thinking im trying to start an argument but i was just trying to state what you just said

LayZbone
12-03-2010, 10:44 PM

Why was it so easy for the Celtics to turn EVERYTHING around in one summer, and they were one of the worst teams in the league to one of the elite teams in just one summer

Why does the heat have the value of an excuse saying they need time to gel?

The answer to your question is that the Celtics players complimented each other better than the Heat players do. Lebron and Wade are very similar. They're two of the most talented players in the league, but it's a bigger adjustment for them to learn to play together than it was for Ray and KG, who both slid into their roles fairly quickly. You can attribute that to their age, style of play, or both.

Also, Haslem and Miller are our 4th and 5th best players. Without them, our bench is pretty thin. I can't overstate their importance to this team.

Will the Heat get better as the season progresses and key players heal from injury? Yes (although Haslem will be out until Apr.)

Will the Heat finish at the top of the East in their 1st year together? Maybe. I'm confident they'll be top 3.

Are there 5 more years on the contracts of 3 star players who are currently in their prime at 25, 26 and 28? Yes.

Bluffmasta
12-05-2010, 12:37 PM
^ you dont know if they will be here for 5 years, lockout next season could change things dramatically so next year will prolly be a lockout like the nhl had, and then who knows maybe a hard cap, meaning the heat would have to trade away one of their players. But if things stay relatively the way they are the heat will just get better adding key free agents using their mid level

ink
12-05-2010, 12:44 PM
I'm not sure why we should leave this open, it's too obvious. People have given the answer to this thread over and over again in the last few weeks. Why is it a thread worthy question?? :confused:

dnewguy
12-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Something a common fan might not notice is that the Mavs always look great in the regular season but horrible in the play-offs.

Cubs Win
12-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Something a common fan might not notice is that the Mavs always look great in the regular season but horrible in the play-offs.

Isn't this thread about the Heat? :confused:

Ethix11
12-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Boston had older stars and didnt need much time other than the offseason to know how they were going to play.

Wade got injured 3 minutes into the first preseason game.
Now they are getting playing time together and its working.
The coach is inexperienced.
I can go on and on.
They are more worried about gelling than wins right now.
Point is the season is early and there are too many reasons to list why they aren't playing like they will come playoffs.