PDA

View Full Version : Amare or Bosh?

mjqusoldier
12-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Before the season started it seemed like the majority of people thought Bosh was a better player than Amare. I personally always said Amare is better because he does what a power forward is supposed to do and thats BANG down low. Now it looks like Amare didnt need Nash that much after all and is a true elite player. Amare has also been a beast down the stretch of games and has been quite a leader for the Knicks. He has also been good defensively. So just just curious. Who is the better player? Amare or Bosh?

tcav701
12-02-2010, 06:53 PM
In a preseason poll, Amare was ranked as the 4th best PF ahead of Bosh according to PSD.

Alot of peole did think Bosh was better but they should realize now that they were simply incorrect.

Kashmir13579
12-02-2010, 06:55 PM
is this even a question?

Jonathan2323
12-02-2010, 06:57 PM
I would still take Bosh over Amare.

Bosh is one of the most efficient PF's in the game

tcav701
12-02-2010, 06:58 PM

And i bet you'd take Arroyo over Felton too?

jackdawson
12-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Welcome to another Heat anti-Heat thread!! This has been discussed thousands time already!

mjqusoldier
12-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Amare is just so much more of a beast.

mjqusoldier
12-02-2010, 07:00 PM

lol na but maybe Chalmers

mjqusoldier
12-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Welcome to another Heat anti-Heat thread!! This has been discussed thousands time already!

not lately. No1 cares about getting at Heat fans

dtmagnet
Who cares Blake Griffin is better than both of them.

eXpLiiCt
It's AMARE HE IS A BEAST? Like should this be discussed? Heat fans are going to say Bosh and non heat fans will say AMARE.

IN B4 THE CLOSE

Ebbs
12-02-2010, 07:03 PM
I would still rather have Bosh

Minimal
Bosh.
Why?
1. Bosh being the main guy on his team averaged 24 points and almost 11 rebounds
Amare being the main guy on his team averages 24 points and almost 9 rebounds
2. Bosh is a better defender
3. Bosh is a better jumpshooter
4. Bosh doesn't need a point guard at all, he can create for himself every play.
5. Amare is injury prone, Bosh not
6. Amare avarages 3.7 turnovers per game, Bosh 3 times less in 1.2
7. Amare is injury prone, Bosh not
etc etc...

mjqusoldier
Who cares Blake Griffin is better than both of them.

slow down

Evolution23
12-02-2010, 07:04 PM
is this a real question? we all know amare is the man and bosh is a twinkie.

Jonathan2323
12-02-2010, 07:06 PM

I would take Felton, he's a 100X better than Arroyo.

mjqusoldier
12-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Bosh.
Why?
1. Bosh being the main guy on his team averaged 24 points and almost 11 rebounds
4. Bosh doesn't need a point guard at all, he can create for himself every play.
5. Amare avarages 3.7 turnovers per game, Bosh 3 times less in 1.2
etc etc....

Amare can do everything Bosh can do and more. Amare has stepped up his defense and I would say its as good as Boshs now. Plus Amare is clutch and a huge leader and not a whiner.

tcav701
12-02-2010, 07:08 PM
I would take Felton, he's a 100X better than Arroyo.

Huh???

you do know that Arroyo is on the HEAT right?

goose15
12-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Stoudemire >>> Bosh

arkanian215
12-02-2010, 07:09 PM
Bosh, unsurprisingly has been more efficient this year than in his previous years. Surprisingly, his rebound percentage is down b/c the Heat don't have that many good rebounders around him that play significant time (other than Z and Haslem who is injured).

LanceUpperCut
12-02-2010, 07:13 PM
I still say Bosh is better. If Amare was on the Heat he would be getting the same **** Bosh is now even when realyl Bosh has been playing good lately. This coming from a guy who hates Bosh too.

Hunter48MVP
12-02-2010, 07:13 PM
None of them. They both can't play defense.

OA SLAY
12-02-2010, 07:15 PM
HAHA, sorry i voted for Bosh 6 times as a joke!

Hoopsadvocate
12-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Can they play a whole season first? K thnk

Or can i just conviniently wait till the HEAT make the playoffs and NY doesnt to remake this thread or wait till amare has a bad stretch and bosh has a good one. Not like there is bias or anything with the world hating the team bosh is on and the players in it including him.

/thread

kswissdaf
amare still is a god awful rebounder/defender Bosh isnt amazing on D but he sure does hustle he just doesnt know how to play d

arkanian215
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=boshch01&y1=2011&p2=stoudam01&y2=2011

As someone said earlier, Bosh doesn't turn the ball over as often. Amar'e no doubt has been very good. Bosh is better overall though. If someone told you the Heat had the fourth best defense in the league and you knew Bosh was the starting PF and Z or Joel Anthony as the starting center, would you think that statement is true?

Blazers#1Fan
non Knicks Heat fan

Bosh on the Raptors over amare on the knicks

Amare on the knicks over bosh on the heat

YoungOne
12-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Bosh.
Why?
etc etc...

thats very funny :D

ChiSox219
12-02-2010, 07:21 PM
I hate the Heat but Bosh is the better all around player.

Amare would be doing worse in Miami.

kswissdaf
12-02-2010, 07:23 PM

Im just wondering have you watched bosh play D not saying you haven't. Or are you just saying that of prior assumptions

Cano4prez
12-02-2010, 07:23 PM

Bosh is better, not only on defense. Even his DRTG is 101 compared to Amares 107 as well.

OA SLAY
12-02-2010, 07:24 PM
amare cause his dick is so small

welcome, great 1st post:clap: we look foward to hearing more of your insight!

knicks09
12-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Bosh.
Why?
etc etc...

You put Amare is injury prone twice but yet Amare has been 100% healthy this season. Also Bosh is the better defender ??? I hope you're joking...

Da Knicks
12-02-2010, 07:25 PM
And the haters come out! lol

Da Knicks
12-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Im just wondering have you watched bosh play D not saying you haven't. Or are you just saying that of prior assumptions

Ive watched the heat play, can't say i have seen bosh play d if that was the question.:D

YoungOne
12-02-2010, 07:26 PM

i've watched enough knicks and heat games this year to stay on my opinion.

D-Leethal
12-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Amare is one of the best bigs without the ball, he would find ways to score easily off Lebron and Wade, he wouldn't just stand around the perimeter like Bosh, Amares presence demands attention from all 5 defenders, don't think you can say the same about Bosh, and that is something that does not show up in stats but changes the outcome of games, Amare is a leader and steps up in big time games, Bosh is a softy, Amare averaged 37 in a series against the best PF of all time in his prime and has been the # 1 scoring option on numerous 60 win teams, Amare has respect around the league and besides his 2 butt buddys in south beach, Bosh doesn't get too much respect and there are many statements by players and coaches that support that

Amare > Bosh, STATS don't tell everything, and if they did David Lee would also be better than STAT, and any Knick fan will tell you that is not even a debate

OA SLAY
12-02-2010, 07:28 PM

Im just wondering have you watched Amare play. Or are you just saying that cuz you heard it from everyone else. God awful rebounders dont make all-star teams and win playoff games.

Hoopsadvocate
12-02-2010, 07:28 PM

And you wonder why some of the HEAT fans act the way they do. :pity:.

ALl heat fans besides the PR ones would give up arroyo for a washer/dryer if we could. We value the big 3 and haslem/miller thats it the rest are expendable and dont provide much but for their price their a bargain which is what we praise riley for. Dont confuse that with homerism.

DwayneMVPwade
12-02-2010, 07:30 PM
At the start of the season I thought Bosh was a better player than amare. However, the reason I thought this, is I thought Amare could not get it done without steve nash. Amare has definetly proved that he can do it without nash so I have to say Amare is better now.

Oh yeah, A lot of you guys are saying that Bosh is a good defender and all. However, I watched as a Raptor fan bosh for 7 years and Amare is a way better defender than Bosh. Enough said

OA SLAY
12-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Bosh cant even post up most opposing teams SG. This thread was a joke before both players switched teams and still is today.

tcav701
And you wonder why some of the HEAT fans act the way they do. :pity:.

ALl heat fans besides the PR ones would give up arroyo for a washer/dryer if we could. We value the big 3 and haslem/miller thats it the rest are expendable and dont provide much but for their price their a bargain which is what we praise riley for. Dont confuse that with homerism.

Ive explained to you before:

There is away I talk to the fantastic four and then there is a way I talk to other Heat fans.

Please dont take what I say to the 4some personally because I in no way believe their daily dose of repulsive posts reflect those of the Heat fans of last year.

icon1914
Bosh.
Why?
etc etc...

1. Bosh is a better rebounder... But he was the Raps only rebounder.
2. WTF? Niether are great... But Bosh is not even averaging a block this season... Wilson Chandler averages more blocks.
3. Bosh is a solid shooter, but that shot seems to keep him out of the paint, a problem for the Heat right now.
4. Creating for yourself, and being the only legitimate scoring option on your team are two totally different things.
5. Amare has bounced back from his injuries, but a solid point.
6. Solid point.
7. What do you like the #7?

I get your two solid points, but it's hard to give Bosh props until he gets deep into the post season. Amare has done more, and is showing he can lead a team. By the end of the season we might be singing a different tune, but up to now Bosh looks like the new age Vin Baker...

Hoopsadvocate
12-02-2010, 07:38 PM
1. Bosh is a better rebounder... But he was the Raps only rebounder.
2. WTF? Niether are great... But Bosh is not even averaging a block this season... Wilson Chandler averages more blocks.
3. Bosh is a solid shooter, but that shot seems to keep him out of the paint, a problem for the Heat right now.
4. Creating for yourself, and being the only legitimate scoring option on your team are two totally different things.
5. Amare has bounced back from his injuries, but a solid point.
6. Solid point.
7. What do you like the #7?

I get your two solid points, but it's hard to give Bosh props until he gets deep into the post season. Amare has done more, and is showing he can lead a team. By the end of the season we might be singing a different tune, but up to now Bosh looks like the new age Vin Baker...

1. Andre barg avg more rebounds than anyone amare played with on the suns so Yes Bosh was a better rebounder even with ur excuse.

2. A block doesnt mean ur a great defender its one of many things. But if u wanna go there team usa picked the defensive minded players which is why bosh started over the other pfs cause it def wasnt for his points when they have kobe and lebron. So yes he is the better defender, to what extent i wont say.

3. All he said was he was a better shooter the rest is irrelevant to his bullet point.

4. Again creating for himself was the bullet point not anything else. Which he clearly does.

5. were in agreement

6. ^

7. loled

Minimal
12-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Bosh is a better player, but Amare would have fitted better on Miami imo.

LanceUpperCut
12-02-2010, 07:41 PM
It's close, an argument could go either way so for all of you having a fit cause someone has a diffrent opinion then you just relax. smoke a joint and just enjoy LeBron getting murdered tonite.

Daze9900
12-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Yeah Bosh is a "fugazi" as my boy Tim Thomas would say.

BALLER71
12-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Like someone said, I'd take Blake Griffin over both of them.

Even though, Bosh has a sick jumpshot.

BALLER71
12-02-2010, 07:49 PM
You put Amare is injury prone twice but yet Amare has been 100% healthy this season. Also Bosh is the better defender ??? I hope you're joking...

ZOMGGGGG. AMARE HAS BEEN 100 % HEALTHY THIS SEASON? NO ****ING WAY. 20 GAMES, AND HE HAS BEEN HEALTHY? ZOMGGGG.

:rolleyes:

HeaTxRipZz
12-02-2010, 07:50 PM
My personal opinion is Amare is the better player.

Others may not agree but even before the summer of 2010 and all this stuff I wasn't a big Bosh fan he just always seemed too soft for a PF atleast what I'm used to seeing in a big man.

Slimsim
12-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Both amare and Bosh are good in their own ways Amare is a better fit in NY

Bosh is good but i don't like him in Miami with wade and LBJ. David lee would be a better Fit

mjqusoldier
12-02-2010, 07:59 PM
ZOMGGGGG. AMARE HAS BEEN 100 % HEALTHY THIS SEASON? NO ****ING WAY. 20 GAMES, AND HE HAS BEEN HEALTHY? ZOMGGGG.

:rolleyes:

If Im not mistaken Amare played every single game last season. No?

Crackadalic
12-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Amare is a better fit for the heat because he is more of a low post guy and finisher.
Bosh just shoots jumpshots and i dont understand how with haslem out he still doesnt rebound the ball well amare doesnt either but thats no excuse

Both our good in their own way but Amare>Bosh

JJ81
12-02-2010, 08:01 PM
I said Amare then and I'll say Amare now.

Klivlend
12-02-2010, 08:02 PM
amare cause his dick is so small

Ya, I usually factor in a players dick size too. Dick size is really very relevant in this thread and is not incredibly homo to bring up.

By the way, great first post ;)

kswissdaf
12-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Im just wondering have you watched Amare play. Or are you just saying that cuz you heard it from everyone else. God awful rebounders dont make all-star teams and win playoff games.

Im sorry but you think Amare is even an average rebounder then you are delusional. He could be but just doesnt have any effort on Defensive side of the ball

number1nykfan25
12-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Bosh might be a better fit for the heat and Amare for the knicks. No way the knicks are as good as they are now with Bosh instead of Amare. Even without Nash Amare is doing well. one on one Amare would crush Bosh. Does this make him a better player i am not sure.

mjqusoldier
12-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Is Bosh a god awful shot blocker?

Byronicle
12-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Amare is a better fit for Heat first of all, you got too many jump shooters on that team, nobody crashing the boards, making blocks and no one with a real post game and could finish like Amare

Amare is better, he has made the playoffs and performed well. He plays like a PF, Bosh plays like a SF.

knicks09
12-02-2010, 08:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5B04Q9D-EU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

smith&wesson
12-02-2010, 08:19 PM
look at amare's play off numbers for his career
and look at bosh's play off numbers for his career.

the reason i say check for theyre career numbers is because
i want you guys to know that amare has always been better
not just now that bosh is a heat.

nuff said.

Quietmoney
12-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Are ya'll kidding me?? Does anyone on here think Bosh has any chance of defending Amare when they meet?? Bosh will get abused and dunked on!! While in the meanwhile that diva will be trying to go back at him with a 17 footer. This thread is a joke! Amare with Lecon would be hell in the nba for other teams, but with bosh the scouting report is that their soft on the interior. I wonder who plays on the interior for the heat?? Bosh likes to chill... Amare, he likes to kill! Watch out Bosh, because I'm sure Amare will be coming with a head full of steam when we play the heat. Hope your not in chill mode then.

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Blake Griffin is definitely better than Amare, just to throw that in their.

Bosh is the better overall player. Amare is just more athletic, but other than that, Bosh is virtually better at everything else.

Crackadalic
12-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Didnt Amare dominate in the spurs series and average 38ppg against the greatest pf of all time? You think Bosh can do the same? The times he was in the playoffs he was pathetic nuff said

kingkenny01
12-02-2010, 08:22 PM
i don't know why this is a question they are the same player just different names and different teams both are ******* on defense

StriveGreatness
12-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Easy. Amare. No doubt.

RedRicanoBx
12-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Im sorry but you think Amare is even an average rebounder then you are delusional. He could be but just doesnt have any effort on Defensive side of the ball

you my friend are WRONG !!!

he is definitely playing better defense now... and his career stats(no pun intended) overall is better than bosh and uhh he is averaging like .7 blocks ?? amare is averaging 2.0 even ! amare is better point blank and not saying cause im a knick fan I actually thought bosh was better but than I did my homework...

Amare is more of a banger down low too bosh is a lil girl and settles for jumpers... all tho amare does as well but not as much as bosh... so moral of the story is...

Amare > Bosh

NYYCowboys
12-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Easily Amare. Anyone who says Bosh is a hater, or homer Heat fan. And Amare is better than Blake Griffin right now. Griffin will be better most likely, but not yet.

dtmagnet
12-02-2010, 08:28 PM

As someone who watched him for 7 years in Toronto, he's as bad on defense as anyone else. Also to say Amare is injury prone but Bosh isn't is also wrong, Bosh misses games every year because of his knee.

OA SLAY
12-02-2010, 08:30 PM
We will talk come April....

number1nykfan25
12-02-2010, 08:35 PM
funny half the users in here are knicks fans.

knicks4life33
12-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Bosh sucks ! If u put amare on the heat the heat probaly have a much better record.

Quietmoney
12-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Mosh is a Diva. It was looking to obvious that's why he took that dred wig off!

justinnum1
12-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Bosh sucks ! If u put amare on the heat the heat probaly have a much better record.

Just what the heat need, even less defense in the paint:facepalm:

ManningToTyree
12-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Bosh.
Why?
etc etc...

Their career avg. are both 20 and 9. Also, Bosh sucks on D and Amare is averaging 2 blocks this season . Amare is better right now

RedRicanoBx
12-02-2010, 08:41 PM
funny half the users in here are knicks fans.

thats cause our fans are real, no bandwagon fans here we strong !

Il Mago 7
12-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Bosh.
Why?
etc etc...

LOL AMARE IS A BEAST INSIDE AND BOSH IS SOFT IM A RAPTORS FAN HES INJURY PRONE Look at His KNEE Huge buckle stap On It Thje Miami Heat Are Injury Prone

Il Mago 7
12-02-2010, 08:42 PM
i was happy cuz BC was gunna swap bosh for amare but :/ amare had his eye surgery :(

Slimsim
12-02-2010, 08:43 PM
I think Amare is better

Bosh has a better chance of winning RIngs

OA SLAY
12-02-2010, 08:43 PM
You cant say Bosh sucks. But just watch him run, its obvious Amar'e is the Alpha Male.

mjqusoldier
12-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Just what the heat need, even less defense in the paint:facepalm:

Na Amare can defend in the paint, BoSH IS allergic to paint.

nystandup
12-02-2010, 09:01 PM
amare can take over a game with an without the ball. He can also block shots, not to mention is a leader and battles downlow. Bosh has a good jumper. ill take amare

What?
12-02-2010, 09:22 PM
I think there about equal but Bosh losing in a landslide made it easier to vote for him.

Statistically its a wash
Amare has a slightly higher PER, TS, RB%, AST% along with a blk twice that of Bosh

Bosh has a lower usg%, a TOV% half that of Amare's, a much higher ortg, a much lower drtg, and a lot higher WS/48

For those saying it's obvious that Amare didn't need Nash need to check there stats Amare has the worst stats since the year before Nash showed up. His WS/48, Ortg, orb%, TS%, Efg%, USG% all are career lows along with the 2nd lowest PER in that time frame. His stats are also below his career average almost across the board.

icon1914
12-02-2010, 09:40 PM
1. Andre barg avg more rebounds than anyone amare played with on the suns so Yes Bosh was a better rebounder even with ur excuse.

2. A block doesnt mean ur a great defender its one of many things. But if u wanna go there team usa picked the defensive minded players which is why bosh started over the other pfs cause it def wasnt for his points when they have kobe and lebron. So yes he is the better defender, to what extent i wont say.

3. All he said was he was a better shooter the rest is irrelevant to his bullet point.

4. Again creating for himself was the bullet point not anything else. Which he clearly does.

5. were in agreement

6. ^

7. loled

1. Shawn Marion averaged between 9-11 boards in his tenure with the Suns. Bargs is between 4-6... Toronto had no rebounders outside of Bosh.

2. Averaging less than a block when you are an inch or two under 7 feet says alot about your devotion to defense. This year I have seen a few people score on him than people he shut down.

3. Ok

4. Yeah, he looks so good creating his own shots in South Beach.

5. Cool.

6. ^

7. Just going keep seven alive just cuz...

RangersMets
12-03-2010, 03:49 AM
If you take out every single vote by a Knicks fan...Amare is still winning. Roasted.

rufo4100
12-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Amare...bosh has been horrible this year.

JordansBulls
12-05-2010, 11:28 AM

Bosh is 2nd on his team in WS while Amare is 2nd on his team in WS.

yankeefan54
12-05-2010, 11:39 AM
amare

ink
12-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Neither are perfect by a long shot, but as POWER forwards, the only one that actually brings any kind of POWER to their position is Amare. That kills it. Bosh is a tweener, and we're seeing him settle for jumpshots from farther and farther away these days. That's fine if you have the luxury of two of the top three players in the league, but most teams don't have that luxury. They need their POWER forward to play hard inside.

ink
12-05-2010, 12:14 PM

He started off shaky, but he has not been horrible. He has played really well lately. The problem with him is the complete lack of a physical presence. It's like conceding an immediate advantage to any team with a traditional frontcourt.

JordansBulls
12-10-2010, 12:39 AM
Amare now with 6 games in a row of 30+

baghdadbob
12-10-2010, 01:04 AM

Well if by "Bosh b/c is he is more efficient" you actually mean Bosh is willing to submit his vagina to Wade and LeBron pounding it every night whereas Amar'e would bang LeBron's mom, bang Wade's ex-wife with the kids watching Sponge Bob in the Living Room, and then wipe his dirty johnson on their pillows ................. then yes, Bosh is much better than Amar'e for the Heat.

i.got.the.nutz
12-10-2010, 01:20 AM
How can anyone pick Bosh at this point? It's Amare by a landslide.

Lakersfan2483
12-10-2010, 02:30 AM
I would rather have Amare. Bosh is about as soft as cottonelle tissue paper.

Sadds The Gr8
12-10-2010, 02:34 AM
Rupaul's getting owned. I voted for Amare

JordansBulls
12-10-2010, 09:51 AM
I would rather have Amare. Bosh is about as soft as cottonelle tissue paper.

:laugh2: