PDA

View Full Version : Blake griffin best pf in the nba!!

kobe24>lebron23
12-02-2010, 02:10 AM
Nuff said!!!!!

I mean this guy does everything he
Scores,rebounds,assists and his defense is good...

Tonight he was 14-21 and he finished with 31 pts 13 reb and 4 ast
Not to mention he's a human highlight reel!!
Yes I'm a big laker fan and all and pau is awesome but to me Blake has been out of his mind this year and he's only a rookie... The sky the limit for him I see mvp's coming his way in the future(pending he stays healthy and the clippers start winning)
By the end of next year he will be a top 5 player in the league and maby in 2 or 3 we can consider him the best in the NBA!!!

I'm happy for the clippers I wish them the best of luck just not against the lakers (;

airforceones25
12-02-2010, 02:17 AM
shaq tweeted the most exciting player in the game
bron tweeted the most explosive player in the game

nuff said

justinnum1
12-02-2010, 02:22 AM
No.
most exciting PF to watch? yes.

KG2TB
12-02-2010, 02:23 AM
I really hope he has a healthy career. He's a hard worker too. His potential is scary. The best PF still is Dirk but Griffin is definitely approaching superstar status. He just needs to stay consistent and he's gonna be the next big thing in the NBA.

JRisdabest
12-02-2010, 02:23 AM
Top 3

PC
12-02-2010, 02:24 AM
Maybe in the future, but not yet...

By the way, are you forgetting that Love put up 31 and 31 earlier this season?

beasted86
12-02-2010, 02:24 AM
So is this the new hype train on PSD?
Well sell me a ticket, because that kid is sick.

No but seriously, this shtick is getting old with the 'hype guy saying he is a future MVP' bit. I think we've pretty much seen in the past year from November 09 to now (close to this order): Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, Brandon Jennings, Tyreke Evans, Stephen Curry, Michael Beasley, Blake Griffin.... all claimed to be future MVP material

tredigs
12-02-2010, 02:25 AM
shaq tweeted the most exciting player in the game
bron tweeted the most explosive player in the game

nuff said

"Exciting", "explosive". No doubt.

But that's far from "nuff said" as it correlates to "best". He's not the best, and he's not even close. But I love this kids game. If he can step up his defense, learn to make a foul shot (that's going to be a tough one) and get his entire team to start playing better on a consistent basis, we'll have a serious contender for top PF in the league.

But he isn't there yet.

Edit: Beasted, the guy you're alluding to right now from last years "hype the new player on PSD thing" is undoubtedly Durant (given past conversations). You know, the same guy who finished 2nd in MVP voting last season? Learn when to take a loss my man.

The hype on BG is different, simply for the fact that he has the potential for an all-time great highlight reel at any moment of the game. He's pure excitement, and that leads to hyperbole (though he's absolutely awesome as a player, also).

airforceones25
12-02-2010, 02:27 AM
"Exciting", "explosive". No doubt.

But that's far from "nuff said" as it correlates to "best". He's not the best, and he's not even close. But I love this kids game. If he can step up his defense, learn to make a foul shot (that's going to be a tough one) and get his entire team to start playing better on a consistent basis, we'll have a serious contender for top PF in the league.

But he isn't there yet.

i stand corrected. shaq tweeted Blake is one of the Top 2 PF's in the league right now!

BluejaysFan08
12-02-2010, 02:29 AM
Griffin is the man.

beasted86
12-02-2010, 02:29 AM
Edit: Beasted, the guy you're alluding to right now from last years "hype the new player on PSD thing" is undoubtedly Durant (given past conversations). You know, the same guy who finished 2nd in MVP voting last season? Learn when to take a loss my man.

The hype on BG is different, simply for the fact that he has the potential for an all-time great highlight reel at any moment of the game. He's pure excitement, and that leads to hyperbole (though he's absolutely awesome as a player, also).

What exactly are you talking about duke? I have no idea. :confused:

whitemamba33
12-02-2010, 02:30 AM
I will never consider any player to be the best at his position on a team that is currently tied for last in the league.

redsox0717
12-02-2010, 02:32 AM
Well someone needs to get points and rebounds on that god awful team. He is an exciting player, but best PF in the league after only playing around 20 games and his team has only won 4? LOL.

MacFitz92
12-02-2010, 02:33 AM
Lol.

tredigs
12-02-2010, 02:34 AM
i stand corrected. shaq tweeted Blake is one of the Top 2 PF's in the league right now!

That would mean that he's better than Pau and/or Dirk. Long story short - he isn't close. And there's about 7 other PF's that could be easily argued to be better as well.

If a Shaq "tweet" is the basis for some analysis on Blake being top 2, you've gotta take that with a grain of salt. Players (especially Shaq) can get caught up in the excitement of surreal dunks combined with solid play just like anyone else.

Here's hopin' to see about 20 more BG posters this year though.

krest213
12-02-2010, 02:35 AM
No.

:clap:
that title still belong to Tim Ducan
now Imagine he was a spurs right under Tim D arm
pfffffff. i'll leave the thinking to you guys.

Hustlenomics
12-02-2010, 02:36 AM

if Shaq says it then it must be true

Mplsman
12-02-2010, 02:37 AM
No.

This.

John Walls Era
12-02-2010, 02:41 AM
I like him, but not yet. Hes ROY imo (look at name and sig too) for sure. You need at least 1 year under your belt to be considered the best.

beasted86
12-02-2010, 02:42 AM

Nevermind... I get it now... you assumed incorrectly.

Raph12
12-02-2010, 02:42 AM
He's the most explosive definitely, not just PF but player, haven't seen anyone take off like him since VC in '99.

GOON MUSIC
12-02-2010, 02:45 AM
Definitely the most exciting

Mplsman
12-02-2010, 02:46 AM
He's the most explosive definitely, not just PF but player, haven't seen anyone take off like him since VC in '99.

For real.

tredigs
12-02-2010, 02:47 AM
Nevermind... I get it now... you assumed incorrectly.

You mentioned KD in the very post? So obviously not. D. Rose is also an MVP candidate early on this season, and those were the only two that actually got serious consideration on here by fans of other teams. You're always going to find hype for EVERY young/exciting player from a group of posters (particularly from that team), but including players like KD/Rose in your rant is just nonsensical based on what they've done.

stawka
12-02-2010, 02:49 AM
Somewhere in a dark, daaaaaark place... Hellcrooner wears his black robe, mixing chemicals and cursing he who DARES to say such things!

Anyway, Timmy and Gasol still own the title for that -- give him a couple of years and then we'll all agree

beasted86
12-02-2010, 03:03 AM
You mentioned KD in the very post? So obviously not. D. Rose is also an MVP candidate early on this season, and those were the only two that actually got serious consideration on here by fans of other teams. You're always going to find hype for EVERY young/exciting player from a group of posters (particularly from that team), but including players like KD/Rose in your rant is just nonsensical based on what they've done.

Actually it's pretty clear you assumed I was only talking about KD. Aside from that, it's clear you assumed that I don't think KD is an MVP candidate.

Either way was just wondering what you were talking about, I get it now. But on a side note, MVP hype based on a player's streak of play less than 20 games into any season.... or talk of future MVPs 1 season or less into any players career is nonsensical in itself ... and that pretty much applied to all the players I mentioned aside from KD.

ElMarroAfamado
12-02-2010, 03:09 AM
why are Heat fans hating? i dont get it?
arent you happy with your victory over the powerhouse Pistons tonight? you guys are back!! haha

and he is pretty great but I still hate how he plays D...he helps when he comes from the weakside...and he is pretty good at drawing charges but it still bothers me that most often than not he just puts both of his hands in the air...he seldom TRIES to block one on one and he just lets his guy go......but besides that

WOW.

soundjunkies2
12-02-2010, 03:17 AM
No I really don't think so. I think he will eventually but not yet.

SeoulBeatz
12-02-2010, 03:20 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if he is in a year or two. he's a freak.

Baller1
12-02-2010, 03:22 AM
He's obviously not the best, but he's on a direct path straight to super stardom. I actually watched some of the Clipper game tonight. That alone tells you everything you need to know. But in all honesty, they're actually a really exciting team to watch, especially with BD back. Davis, Gordon, and Griffin make for some exciting basketball on a nightly basis.

Byronicle
12-02-2010, 03:26 AM
No but seriously, this shtick is getting old with the 'hype guy saying he is a future MVP' bit. I think we've pretty much seen in the past year from November 09 to now (close to this order): Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, Brandon Jennings, Tyreke Evans, Stephen Curry, Michael Beasley, Blake Griffin.... all claimed to be future MVP material

you mad?

weren't a certain trio overhyped to be the most dominant trio the league has ever seen? except the difference is that trios in the past that were not as hyped up have actually had much much better success

griffin is a maniac, a freak of an athlete, this guy soars from half court. the thread isn't even about MVP candidates, just Top PF of the league right now

Byronicle
12-02-2010, 03:29 AM

i said the same thing in another thread

this guy's athleticism will make the Clippers stay put in LA for a long time. Seattle fans, blame it on Blake for not getting a team sooner

numba1CHANGsta
12-02-2010, 03:32 AM
Bron and Blake would have been dynomite!

OA SLAY
12-02-2010, 03:35 AM
Aside from Amar'e n Duncan....Yes!

mjt20mik
12-02-2010, 03:57 AM
Aside from Amar'e n Duncan....Yes!

Dirk, Bosh, Boozer.. The list goes on.

Don't get me wrong the kid is good. But best in the league is a far stretch.

Crackadalic
12-02-2010, 04:13 AM
When he plays at least a little bit of defense, which is suspect in its own right, then ill consider him a top 5 PF.
Now he is just a human highlight reel thats fun to watch but if your not racking up wins along the way and making big shots to help the team i can't say he is the best
Plus Watch when Kaman comes back because that rebounding number will go down but no doubt the kid will be a superstar soon

eso
12-02-2010, 04:19 AM
I will never consider any player to be the best at his position on a team that is currently tied for last in the league.

this X 2

central2003
12-02-2010, 04:21 AM
I don't know about best PF, but he is very entertaining to watch and this coming from a Kings fan. The guy is just on Beast mode right now, I really hope Clippers go to Vegas where they will be respected and get out under the shadow of the Lakers.

Niro
12-02-2010, 04:24 AM
So is this the new hype train on PSD?
Well sell me a ticket, because that kid is sick.

this

griffin is a beast. i would love him on my warriors.
but i dont tihink he can win mvp with durant,lebron,howard,cp3 etc in the league.
he can be a solid top 10 player in the future imo and after dirk and pau the third best pf

OA SLAY
12-02-2010, 06:08 AM
Dirk, Bosh, Boozer.. The list goes on.

Don't get me wrong the kid is good. But best in the league is a far stretch.

Ha good one! How far does this list go.. West, Scola, Hickson...:p

JayW_1023
12-02-2010, 07:48 AM
He is making a case. The Spurs just couldn't stop him.

kArSoN RyDaH
12-02-2010, 07:56 AM
I seen this guy in college and in the preseason last year. I called it that he would be a top 5 player in the league in a year or two. He's on his way.

Bigbadmoffo
12-02-2010, 08:51 AM

This but the kid will be the best pf in the future unless a rookie comes along.

alencp3
12-02-2010, 09:02 AM
He is better than Scola, KG, Bosh and Love at the moment. You can make case for Amare too.
With better defense ( he played good defense in college but he doesnt want to get in foul trouble like other rookies do ) he will be the best PF in the league better than Dirk, Pau and Duncan.

thekmp211
12-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Ha good one! How far does this list go.. West, Scola, Hickson...:p

says the guy who named amar'e a top 2 pf? lolz.

look. it's easy to get hyped up about players. but if you watch this guy play...the hype is well-deserved.

how does he stack up right now with the best 4's in the league? if i wanted to win this year i'd probably take the following players:

pau
dirk
duncan

that's really about it. i could entertain the case for some other top-tier players, but the fact is griffin has come into the league as a 20-10 guy and timmy duncs was the last guy to do that. we all know how that turned out.

more impressive are the assists stats he's put up lately. averaging almost 5 a game over the past few weeks.

defense needs improvement. jumper/ball-handling (although he is already a strong handler for the four imo) need to improve. but he is already there.

watch him play. he stands out above most guys on the court, already.

something i found particularly funny was STATS thoughts on griffin after his monster game against the knicks.

stat basically said he's going to be a great player, i see a lot of me in him ect ect. i will come out and say this right now: blake griffin is a more complete power forward, RIGHT NOW, than amar'e stoudemire.

best in the league right now? no. next year? it's a possibility, health pending. bad team aside, this guy has the goods. it's obvious to see.

Mile High Champ
12-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Really?? The best PF in the game..That is a downright crazy statement to make. I am sorry but I will take Gasol and his consecutive NBA championships as the best PF in the NBA. He is also having the best statistical year of his career and is one of the better defensive big's playing the game today. There is way too much hype for Griffin, he plays on the Clippers and someone has to get 20 ppg when Baron Davis has been awful and Chris Kaman has been hurt. Griffin's stats are inflated!

I would rather have Dirk, Gasol, Bosh, Duncan, Mlillsap etc this year over Griffin

thekmp211
12-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Really?? The best PF in the game..That is a downright crazy statement to make. I am sorry but I will take Gasol and his consecutive NBA championships as the best PF in the NBA. He is also having the best statistical year of his career and is one of the better defensive big's playing the game today. There is way too much hype for Griffin, he plays on the Clippers and someone has to get 20 ppg when Baron Davis has been awful and Chris Kaman has been hurt. Griffin's stats are inflated!

I would rather have Dirk, Gasol, Bosh, Duncan, Mlillsap etc this year over Griffin

you clearly have not watched the guy play. he scores because he cannot be stopped, not because someone HAS to score the points. yes, the clippers are bad, but Griffin would get his on any team that gave him minutes.

saintl2510
12-02-2010, 09:50 AM
no pau gasol is the best pf in the game today there is no competition

saintl2510
12-02-2010, 09:51 AM
true theres other power fowards ahead of him

mttwlsn16
12-02-2010, 10:08 AM
That would mean that he's better than Pau and/or Dirk. Long story short - he isn't close. And there's about 7 other PF's that could be easily argued to be better as well.

If a Shaq "tweet" is the basis for some analysis on Blake being top 2, you've gotta take that with a grain of salt. Players (especially Shaq) can get caught up in the excitement of surreal dunks combined with solid play just like anyone else.

Here's hopin' to see about 20 more BG posters this year though.

I would like for you to name 7 PF in the NBA better than Blake...

epumpers21
12-02-2010, 10:18 AM
he's lebron mixed with amare

mttwlsn16
12-02-2010, 10:20 AM
:clap:
that title still belong to Tim Ducan
now Imagine he was a spurs right under Tim D arm
pfffffff. i'll leave the thinking to you guys.

tim duncan is boring as ****. jumps about 2 inches off the ground and does layups when hes 7ft tall

Mile High Champ
12-02-2010, 10:20 AM
you clearly have not watched the guy play. he scores because he cannot be stopped, not because someone HAS to score the points. yes, the clippers are bad, but Griffin would get his on any team that gave him minutes.

I have watched the guy play and it is a combination of being skilled and being on a terrible team. If Griffin were on a better team, I doubt he scores 20+ per game. Its downright insane to say Griffin is the best PF in the league..

mttwlsn16
12-02-2010, 10:23 AM
why are Heat fans hating? i dont get it?
arent you happy with your victory over the powerhouse Pistons tonight? you guys are back!! haha

and he is pretty great but I still hate how he plays D...he helps when he comes from the weakside...and he is pretty good at drawing charges but it still bothers me that most often than not he just puts both of his hands in the air...he seldom TRIES to block one on one and he just lets his guy go......but besides that

WOW.

LOL !! cant wait to watch the cavs roll on miami tonight, and Lebron get booooooooooooooooooooo'd and harrassed ALL NIGHT!

epumpers21
12-02-2010, 10:26 AM
I would like for you to name 7 PF in the NBA better than Blake...

dirk,duncan,gasol,amare,boozer...ok so blake's a top 7 pf far from the best though

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-02-2010, 10:26 AM
hell no

Becks2307
12-02-2010, 10:31 AM
LOL, his team has 4 wins.

He is damn good but no one was calling Al Jefferson the best C/PF in the league when he put up 21/11 and 23/11 back to back seasons.

dont be blinded by the dunks

kid is sickk though!!!

SensandRaps
12-02-2010, 10:33 AM
in the future there is a good chance right no definatley no there are a at least 5 that i consider better than him and two more that are argueable

KnicksorBust
12-02-2010, 10:55 AM
LOL, his team has 4 wins.

He is damn good but no one was calling Al Jefferson the best C/PF in the league when he put up 21/11 and 23/11 back to back seasons.

dont be blinded by the dunks

kid is sickk though!!!

But Jefferson didn't start doing that until his 4th season in the league. Griffin is averaging 21-12 as a rookie. That doesn't just happen. That's Shaq and Duncan territory. His career arc is ridiculous. I'm just confused why the kid isn't blocking more shots.

PrettyBoyJ
12-02-2010, 11:00 AM
He's playing at a high level even tho he's a 2nd year rookie he's not afraid of anyone.. going head to head with Amare puttin up crazy numbers...the guy is gonna be a star

fredv
12-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Get him to OKC somehow and that team is unstoppable!

Johann
12-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Hes the 'go-to' guy in Clippers.
Look at Bosh in Toronto, now Miami............

Byronicle
12-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Hes the 'go-to' guy in Clippers.
Look at Bosh in Toronto, now Miami............

thats a horrible comparison

Blake Griffin has way more offensive weapons then Bosh would ever have and he plays defense as well which Bosh doesn't really do. This guy is a prime VC in a PF body and he is only a rookie

Weezy
12-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Sasquatch, Godzilla, King Kong, Lochness, Goblin, Ghoul, a zombie with no conscience...

EVERYBODY KNOWS HES A MOTHA****EN MONSTER!!!

Johann
12-02-2010, 11:47 AM

Blake Griffin has way more offensive weapons then Bosh would ever have and he plays defense as well which Bosh doesn't really do. This guy is a prime VC in a PF body and he is only a rookie

VC comparison is much worse than cchris bosh. If your speakin of dunking...maybe.

I was just sayin hes number 1 in clip land, right now, which shouldnt be sayin much...

Dnovakovic099
12-02-2010, 11:53 AM

This statement is ignorant and simply not true. As of right now Bosh has more weapons that Blake and I hate the Heat and Bosh. Griffin's defense is not that great either. It is mediocre at best. Toronto fell from almost a five hundred team to a .389 winning team after Bosh left. I know it is only twenty games in, but they won't win 35 games IMO. While the Clippers are doing worse, and they got their savior Blake Griffin. Blake is great but he isn't a superstar. Until he develops some post moves that warrant double teams and becomes a top three defensive big man we cannot crown him in the likes of Pau, Duncan, and Dirk. Even Bosh for that matter because at least Bosh made his team better. If I had superstars on my team of course I would take Blake cause he gives me garbage points, but if someone told me that for every win this season I would get a 1000 dollars and I pick a PF to center a team around of I would pick: Dirk, Duncan, Pau, Amare, Bosh, Boozer, KG, and Scola over him. That is just my opinion. That would make him the 9th best PF in the league. This is just my opinion, but if you think that Bosh would not get that Clippers team more wins than you sir are either a homer, or you don't know much about basketball because as much as I hate the Heat and Bosh, the dude has some offensive moves.

Dnovakovic099
12-02-2010, 11:55 AM
For the person who said that he is the best PF. Please, tell me that Dirk would not get the Clippers more wins. Please do it so I can quote you.

True Blue
12-02-2010, 11:56 AM
amare

airforceones25
12-02-2010, 12:02 PM
the kid can't be stopped. in Phoenix he was double teamed the entire game right off the tip off. explain to me what kind of rookie has ever garnered that kind of attention. it simply doesn't happen.

i'm sure you seen all the highlights but here is some more that all came last night over the 1st place Spurs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owvfn6QJiTg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm-1duKVDCg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQW5m_zC_5A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAKgajgjD9U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhPTuugZwpA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2SX9i-9Wx4

omdigga
12-02-2010, 12:18 PM
i dont think hes the best yet.. but hes definaetly the most fun to watch.. hes jumpin on trampolines out there..

jezzyman05
12-02-2010, 12:23 PM
no pau gasol is the best pf in the game today there is no competition

Sorry I disagree with you Pau is not the best PF that title belongs to Tim Duncan, Im sorry but Duncan has been the best best PF in the league since he came in, and could be in the running for the best PF in the history of basketball, Pau Gasol not so much granted his game his complete but the Lakers do not live or die with Pau, They live or die with Kobe...

1. Tim Duncan
2. Pau Gasol
3. Kevin Garnett
4. Dirk Nowitzki
5. Carlos Boozer
6. Amare Stoudamire

This is the order of PF in the league...Dirk is not the best cause his Defense is not that good, in order to be an elite Power forward you have to play both Offense and Defense and establish a dominate low post presence...Dirk stays on the wings and is a awesome shooter but needs work on his post-up game...same with Amare awesome slasher, but ned to improve on his defense to be top 3.

Kevin Garnett is currently #4 but some can argue about him being #3 cause Garnett can play defense and shoot the rock.

Mochalman
12-02-2010, 12:24 PM
i dont think after this wave of duncan/gasol/garnett are gone that i would still claim griffin as the best.

jezzyman05
12-02-2010, 12:28 PM
tim duncan is boring as ****. jumps about 2 inches off the ground and does layups when hes 7ft tall

Tim Duncan has dominated and schooled all other PF in this league multiple times and has LED the Spurs to 4 championships (even in the Robinson days) he dose not have a flaw in game and is the most fundamentally sound PF to ever play the game, he might be boring as **** but in the end of the day he might just be the PF ever..

meloman1592
12-02-2010, 12:32 PM
hE'll be the best soon enough..not best player but bigman because theres no way in hell he could ever be better than bron kobe melo wade cp3 or durant. Those players are more valuable to a team

jezzyman05
12-02-2010, 12:33 PM
For the person who said that he is the best PF. Please, tell me that Dirk would not get the Clippers more wins. Please do it so I can quote you.

Maybe a win or 2 more but thats it, cause Dirk can't he is a offense PF and nothing more, Dirk has proven during his career that while he is good he is not elite, he disappears in games when it matters, im sorry but look at Duncans history he always comes through and when the sprus are down (i.e. 2008 playoffs vs. Hornets series) Duncan had to Carry the spurs, thats what makes a player an elite players, Kobe is that kind of player same with Wade and maybe Durant...please do not tell me that your one of the few that think Dirk is the #1 PF in the league.

I would consider Pau Gasol to be #1 but how can he be #1 when he is the second guy in LA, how can you even make an arguement that he should be ahead of duncan why cause he won the last 2 titles...sorry but the Lakers are Kobe's team and that team runs thru Kobe if Kobe got hurt for the year Gasol can't carry them to a championship like the way Duncan can, if that was the case Memphis would have been elite when he was with the grizzlies and yes the grizzlies had enough talent around Gasol to make them a threat

Sactown
12-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Blake is not great on D.. I've seen him play.. as far as no rookie has been double teamed before?? Tyreke was doubled all of last year LOL.. The Clippers have 4 wins and they have a talented lineup, so clearly he can't be the best in the NBA if he isn't puting up W's. And if you do all consider him the best PF in the NBA then I would rather have the 2nd best PF over him...

jezzyman05
12-02-2010, 12:35 PM
hE'll be the best soon enough..not best player but bigman because theres no way in hell he could ever be better than bron kobe melo wade cp3 or durant. Those players are more valuable to a team

This thread is about Power Forwards not Players in general cause to put Griffen in with Kobe, Bron, Melo, Durant and Wade is dumb.

jezzyman05
12-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Blake is not great on D.. I've seen him play.. as far as no rookie has been double teamed before?? Tyreke was doubled all of last year LOL.. The Clippers have 4 wins and they have a talented lineup, so clearly he can't be the best in the NBA if he isn't puting up W's. And if you do all consider him the best PF in the NBA then I would rather have the 2nd best PF over him...

Agree no doubt Griffen has the best ptoential in the league right now I would #7 at best...it way to early to give him that title

koreancabbage
12-02-2010, 12:39 PM
first Lebron, then Durant, while still entertaining the idea of Rose (mostly Chicago fans and there a lot on PSD), and now Griffin. good job PSD

kobe24>lebron23
12-02-2010, 12:44 PM

Well I'm pretty sure he can but I would give them no more then 7 wins with dirk I mean Blake is averaging monster number ever since the Knicks game but how many of those have they won??
And ugh gasol>dirk!!

jezzyman05
12-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Well I'm pretty sure he can but I would give them no more then 7 wins with dirk I mean Blake is averaging monster number ever since the Knicks game but how many of those have they won??
And ugh gasol>dirk!!

The sky is falling I'm actually agreeing with a Laker fan :)

Ebbs
12-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Griffin is sick. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite players to watch. And he is going to be a stud. That being said no chance in hell he is the best PF right now, or a top 5 player in the NBA that's just stupid.

what54!?
12-02-2010, 01:14 PM
he's a beast and fun to watch but your jumping the gun a little bit. A couple of years from now he'll probably have that title

Ebbs
12-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Dirk - PER 23.9, .614 TS%, .559 EFG%, 12.5 TRB%, 115 ORTG, 101 DRTG, 0.216 WS/48

Blake - PER 22.9, .555 TS%, .531 EFG%, 19.6 TRB%, ORTG 110, DRTG 110, 0.126 WS/48

The bolded is where Dirk is enjoying career highs. Blake has been really good but even the often misleading advancd statistics don't prove him to be better. We all know Dirk is still better no doubt over the next 2-3 seasons as Blake gains experience and Dirk ages **** will change but come on.

Korman12
12-02-2010, 01:34 PM
By far my favorite player to watch right now. It's funny how I wish more games were on TV for a team with one of the worst records in the league.

Byronicle
12-02-2010, 01:49 PM
This statement is ignorant and simply not true. As of right now Bosh has more weapons that Blake and I hate the Heat and Bosh. Griffin's defense is not that great either. It is mediocre at best. Toronto fell from almost a five hundred team to a .389 winning team after Bosh left.This is just my opinion, but if you think that Bosh would not get that Clippers team more wins than you sir are either a homer, or you don't know much about basketball because as much as I hate the Heat and Bosh, the dude has some offensive moves.

wow you don't watch basketball do you? you really dont, you can't because this is more ignorant than anything that I could possibly think of

Raptors were 7-11 after 18 games last year, without Bosh...wow we are 7-11 and have a much tougher schedule so far and have been winning through defense something unheard of in Raptors land and we won some of these games shorthanded with either players not playing because they got traded or because of injuries.

If you ever watched Bosh, which I have for the past 7 years, you would know all he can do is make jump shots, relies on that so that he can fake and drive and never plays with his back to the basket like a true PF. I never seen Bosh drive from halfcourt to blow by teams defenses and make a slam dunk, Bosh doesn't pass often and most of his points are through isolation plays

why do you think the raptors are playing a lot of team ball, maybe because the blackhole has disappeared and the ball is not sticking to one's hands. who is going to double team a rookie anyways? has any of these guys you named been double teamed their first year back after a serious injury? Blake is a franchise player, Bosh was always a 2nd option but we had to rely on him because we had no true superstar on our team, why do you think he has only led us to the playoffs twice only to get demolished.

you should know your facts before you post and make yourself look like a homer

tcav701
12-02-2010, 01:52 PM
WTF?!?!?!?

Look, Blake is a great talent and I am willing to give him as much credit as I have EVER given a rookie but heres how PFs stack up:

1st tier:

Gasol
Dirk
Duncan

I dont take any list without these guys as their top 3 (in any order) seriously.

1st/2nd tier tweener:

Amare

2nd tier:

KG
Bosh
Boozer

3rd tier:

Josh Smith
Blake
Milsap
West
Randolph
Lee

I've got Blake somewhere in the top half of the 3rd tier guys leaving him somewhere in the 8-11 range depending on what i need from my PF.

He's looking great and putting up big numbers but all the points that are being made by BG fans just make him sound like the Josh Smith of the west. Which isn't a bad thing for a rookie.

I'm Seriously
12-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Not Sure If Serious.

jezzyman05
12-02-2010, 01:59 PM
first Lebron, then Durant, while still entertaining the idea of Rose (mostly Chicago fans and there a lot on PSD), and now Griffin. good job PSD

Again this thread is about Power Forwards not overall players

jezzyman05
12-02-2010, 02:01 PM
WTF?!?!?!?

Look, Blake is a great talent and I am willing to give him as much credit as I have EVER given a rookie but heres how PFs stack up:

1st tier:

Gasol
Dirk
Duncan

I dont take any list without these guys as their top 3 (in any order) seriously.

1st/2nd tier tweener:

Amare

2nd tier:

KG
Bosh
Boozer

3rd tier:

Josh Smith
Blake
Milsap
West
Randolph
Lee

I've got Blake somewhere in the top half of the 3rd tier guys leaving him somewhere in the 8-11 range depending on what i need from my PF.

He's looking great and putting up big numbers but all the points that are being made by BG fans just make him sound like the Josh Smith of the west. Which isn't a bad thing for a rookie.

I can live with your elite PF's being

1. Duncan
2. Gasol
3. Dirk

I have in this order
Duncan
Gasol
Garnett
Dirk
Boozer
Amare

dont agree with Dirk being #3, little changes from my top 6 ( but my opinion) anyways the rest of the list is exactly how I would rank them

tcav701
12-02-2010, 02:06 PM
I can live with your elite PF's being

1. Duncan
2. Gasol
3. Dirk

dont agree with Dirk being #3 but my opinion anyways the rest of the list is exactly how I would rank them

I didnt put them in any order just classes.

Though I have my own opinion on the rankings, I think anyone can have a case over another in their same tier. I also think the people I put in higher tiers are clearly better than the players in a lower tier.

As far as this thread is concerned, I dont see how anyone could have BG higher than 8 and that might even be generous.

Dodgers99
12-02-2010, 02:20 PM
He is certainly way ahead of the curve as far as rookies go. I don't think even the most optimistic Clippers fan thought he would average nearly 21-11.

But at-best he is 6th among Power Forwards.

jackdawson
12-02-2010, 02:39 PM
He will probably be the best PF when Tim Duncan retires. I agree he is very very exciting to watch and is destined to superstardom.

Ebbs
12-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Dirk
Gasol
Duncan
Bosh
Boozer
Amare
Griffin

IMO obviously this is on a one season basis.

Hunter48MVP
12-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Griffin is a BEAST!

daleja424
12-02-2010, 02:46 PM
he is a BEAST... and I love watching him play... but we cant anoint him the best yet...

Bos_Sports4Life
12-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Nope, If i had a chance to trade kg for him for THIS YR ONLY, no way i do it

topdog
12-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Rookie hype. Griffin will learn the secret handshake when he joins Tyreke in the "Your game has been figured out club" next year.

Fun to watch? Talented? Sure. But let's not go overboard until he shows that he can not only do it over one season but repeat once he is in other teams' game plans and has to adjust.

tbone2171
12-02-2010, 03:06 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves...You're not the best PF in the league if your averaging only .7 steals & .5 blocks/game.

Super.
12-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Best in the NBA? Naahh

Exicting as hell to watch? **** yes!

BaddNewz
12-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Kevin LOVE?????:shrug:

OA SLAY
12-02-2010, 03:36 PM
says the guy who named amar'e a top 2 pf? lolz.

look. it's easy to get hyped up about players. but if you watch this guy play...the hype is well-deserved.

how does he stack up right now with the best 4's in the league? if i wanted to win this year i'd probably take the following players:

pau
dirk
duncan

that's really about it. i could entertain the case for some other top-tier players, but the fact is griffin has come into the league as a 20-10 guy and timmy duncs was the last guy to do that. we all know how that turned out.

more impressive are the assists stats he's put up lately. averaging almost 5 a game over the past few weeks.

defense needs improvement. jumper/ball-handling (although he is already a strong handler for the four imo) need to improve. but he is already there.

watch him play. he stands out above most guys on the court, already.

something i found particularly funny was STATS thoughts on griffin after his monster game against the knicks.

stat basically said he's going to be a great player, i see a lot of me in him ect ect. i will come out and say this right now: blake griffin is a more complete power forward, RIGHT NOW, than amar'e stoudemire.

best in the league right now? no. next year? it's a possibility, health pending. bad team aside, this guy has the goods. it's obvious to see.
Dirk is scared to play in the paint and with Pau a more fundamentally sound player he is a puss, Griffin would push him around. Put Griffin that system with those players and without a doubt hes one of the top two. This game is severely lacking true powerfowards, and most forgot what truly is their role

THE MTL
12-02-2010, 03:36 PM
His talents arent translating into wins however. Clippers are FAR TOO TALENTED to be as bad as they are now. Its pathetic.

airforceones25
12-02-2010, 03:40 PM
all you people are ridiculous. how soon do we all forget that the OKC THUNDER started the season 2 years ago 3-29! That team had Durant and Westbrook. 1 year later they win 50 games. give it a rest. Blake is a beast and the wins will come when you have a talent like that. so for all the his team is horrible crap i laugh every time!

Shamar81
12-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Blake is awesome as hell but not the best. When I think of the best I think of someone who can shoot, dominate the paint on offense and defense and can lead there teams to victories. Blake isnt there yet but he's close. He needs to develop into a better shooter and and defender before I give him the title. With that being said I dont think Dirk is the best power foward ethier. If they had a position like shottin foward he would be the best. I have to give it to Pau Gasol for now meaning this season. My List for this season not careers

Gasol
Dirk
Amare
Duncan
KG
Blake

Tha Truth
12-02-2010, 04:00 PM
He is the best in terms of exciting a crowd.

OA SLAY
12-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Blake is awesome as hell but not the best. When I think of the best I think of someone who can shoot, dominate the paint on offense and defense and can lead there teams to victories. Blake isnt there yet but he's close. He needs to develop into a better shooter and and defender before I give him the title. With that being said I dont think Dirk is the best power foward ethier. If they had a position like shottin foward he would be the best. I have to give it to Pau Gasol for now meaning this season. My List for this season not careers

Gasol
Dirk ?
Amare
Duncan
KG?
Blake

When has Dirk ever dominated the paint? KG hasnt been dominate in 3 years. By Mid-season we should re-post this thread so most of you all can see how simple-minded you really are.

Shamar81
12-02-2010, 04:21 PM
When has Dirk ever dominated the paint? KG hasnt been dominate in 3 years. By Mid-season we should re-post this thread so most of you all can see how simple-minded you really are.

so your saying Dirk and kg are not in the top five pf's right now? If you really read what i wrote i said the best pf would dominate the paint. Now go look at my list is dirk number one? Is Kg number one? so read before u comment. Plus you cant tell me that they are not in the top 5 right now

Klivlend
12-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Let's not jump to conclusions. He sure is one helluva a player, not sure if he is the best, yet. He very well could be one day soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8riXGpPFD34

Jemikz9Clutch
12-02-2010, 04:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gG4W0L41FI

blake griffin's top dunks in november. he's a beast. i vote him for roy award.

Shamar81
12-02-2010, 04:38 PM

Ill tell you this even if i put Stat over Dirk and to be honest I really want to. Is Dirk not the third best pf this season?

Gasol
Stat
Dirk
Duncan
KG
Blake

Thats as of now. Your telling me Mid season this list cant change?

kobe24>lebron23
12-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Anyone who says Duncan is the best pf at this moment is very dumb he's top 3-5 but not 1-2... And ok I might have been a little hyped yesterday when I wrote this thread but only guys who I consider better then Blake are pau dirk and Duncan ... People who say boozer or millsap are better then griffin are just crazy!!

alexander_37
12-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Nuff said!!!!!

I mean this guy does everything he
Scores,rebounds,assists and his defense is good...

Tonight he was 14-21 and he finished with 31 pts 13 reb and 4 ast
Not to mention he's a human highlight reel!!
Yes I'm a big laker fan and all and pau is awesome but to me Blake has been out of his mind this year and he's only a rookie... The sky the limit for him I see mvp's coming his way in the future(pending he stays healthy and the clippers start winning)
By the end of next year he will be a top 5 player in the league and maby in 2 or 3 we can consider him the best in the NBA!!!

I'm happy for the clippers I wish them the best of luck just not against the lakers (;

Ya because Pau is best anything in the league????

I mean come on people please use SOME discretion when making threads... we need a PSD guideline on thread making like

If you can shout it out in the middle of a crowded room and 3 people care or don't laugh at you it's thread worthy.

Blazers#1Fan
12-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Well someone needs to get points and rebounds on that god awful team. He is an exciting player, but best PF in the league after only playing around 20 games and his team has only won 4? LOL.'

exactly!
he gets barely any BPG and barely any spg put Lamarcus Aldridge on the clippers i bet he puts up better numbers then griffin ....Griffin is just more fun to watch

Blazers#1Fan
12-02-2010, 07:59 PM

dirk has dominated period maybe not in the paint but he does every were else

JJ81
12-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Hi, I'm Pau Gasol

http://blogamole.tr3s.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/paul_rodriguez.jpg

northsider
12-02-2010, 08:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gG4W0L41FI

blake griffin's top dunks in november. he's a beast. i vote him for roy award.

In #2 I think he is actually flying. I am not positive yet but, I am sure he was about to fly through the roof he just had to relax it as to not raise suspicion.

Blazers#1Fan
12-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Hi, I'm Pau Gasol

http://blogamole.tr3s.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/paul_rodriguez.jpg

wassup pau let me borrow a dollar lol

northsider
12-02-2010, 08:14 PM
wassup pau let me borrow a dollar lol

Or a million.

masalex1205
12-02-2010, 08:20 PM
I think hes the best right now; a lot of people want someone to do it over a longer period of time but this guy is the best right NOW whether you want to admit it or not.

Daze9900
12-02-2010, 08:32 PM
When I watched that Knick game against the clips i was off the couch wating to see what he was going to do next. Even his missed dunks are exciting to watch. His potential is so scary because he does miss alot of free throws; when he cut down on his turnovers and learn to play within the system he's going to dominate even more. He should have had over 50pts over the Knicks that day with all the points he left on the table.

airforceones25
12-02-2010, 08:47 PM
'

exactly!
he gets barely any BPG and barely any spg put Lamarcus Aldridge on the clippers i bet he puts up better numbers then griffin ....Griffin is just more fun to watch

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha!

no words can explain how ridiculous you are! :facepalm:

momoneyyyy
12-02-2010, 09:08 PM
dirk??? dirk is definetly the best

thekmp211
12-02-2010, 09:17 PM
I have watched the guy play and it is a combination of being skilled and being on a terrible team. If Griffin were on a better team, I doubt he scores 20+ per game. Its downright insane to say Griffin is the best PF in the league..

obviously it would depend on teammates, the system ect. and i didn't say he was the best right now. but....there are a select few better than him and perhaps none that are playing better ball than he is RIGHT NOW.

my point is that a good team, with the right players, could run an offense through him. he cannot be stopped.

JayW_1023
12-03-2010, 08:45 AM
As a Spurs fan, even I think Duncan isn't the best PF in the game anymore. But he is still a smart veteran player whose skills haven't diminished much.

Mile High Champ
12-03-2010, 11:27 AM
obviously it would depend on teammates, the system ect. and i didn't say he was the best right now. but....there are a select few better than him and perhaps none that are playing better ball than he is RIGHT NOW.

my point is that a good team, with the right players, could run an offense through him. he cannot be stopped.

I disagree, his game remains very flawed still and its because he is a rookie. He is nowhere close to being a top 5 PF in this league. While be a talented low post scorer, dunker and rebounder, the rest of his game still lacks development. He is an awful free throw shooter (under 60%). He does not have a consistent jump shot, he does not block any shots (averaging 0.5)... Those are all concerns for me at the moment. He also is not a good defensive player and his TS% is very average. People are putting way too much hype into Griffin right now. Come on people, he is putting up good numbers on the worst team in the league...

blahblahyoutoo
12-03-2010, 02:10 PM
besides his crazy dunks and athleticism, what else does he offer?
honest question since i haven't watched any clippers games and only know of him through highlights.

does he have post moves? is he good on D? does he rebound well? good short/mid range jumper? good passer?

farsouthside
12-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Not the best in the leage but he is going to be in the talk soon

ElMarroAfamado
12-03-2010, 02:47 PM
honest question since i haven't watched any clippers games and only know of him through highlights.

does he have post moves? is he good on D? does he rebound well? good short/mid range jumper? good passer?

ive watched every game this season and watching him you would think they guy has been in the league years already...

he posts up.they feed him the ball down there..scores from the post...whether by spinning and freeing himself...(usually faces up) ...gets to the hoop lays it up or dunk...he shoots it off the glass, he also has a fadeaway shot from the post...he rebounds, he finishes, he is always going after balls, he takes a midrange shot ala Stoudemire and he makes it but he misses some...when he faces up he has this little spin move that he has used to free himself up and get to the hoop hes used it more than once..

he gets doubled sometimes triple teamed in the post and he has the vision to usually get it to a cutting man or an open shooter He has Great vision....(we would run these same plays for Kaman and 99% of the time it would lead to a turnover)

my only knock on him is his D...there are times where he will come from the weak side to block shots...or come out of nowhere and try to block shots but as far as 1 on 1 D its horribly in my opinion...his man will beat him and rather than put up a hand and try to block it all he does is put both his hands up ....this works when he draws charges cuz he is very good at it...but putting both his hands up does nothing to stop the opponent.....

thekmp211
12-03-2010, 02:48 PM
I disagree, his game remains very flawed still and its because he is a rookie. He is nowhere close to being a top 5 PF in this league. While be a talented low post scorer, dunker and rebounder, the rest of his game still lacks development. He is an awful free throw shooter (under 60%). He does not have a consistent jump shot, he does not block any shots (averaging 0.5)... Those are all concerns for me at the moment. He also is not a good defensive player and his TS% is very average. People are putting way too much hype into Griffin right now. Come on people, he is putting up good numbers on the worst team in the league...

jesus do you want the man to be a first-team all nba player right out of school?
once again, i'm not claiming he's the best in the league but he sure as hell is in the top 5 discussion.

again, besides dirk and pau, who is more productive than him?

he is the number 4 power forward in PER (for the record, tyrus thomas (!) is third while playing just over 20 minutes a game. i think we can all safely eliminate him from the discussion) 5th in estimated wins added. and this is all with the deficiencies that you just mentioned.

as for the worst team in the league...the clippers aren't the worst team in the league. and, even if they were, it would be just as likely that griffin would be susceptible to much more attention from defenses.

considering his relatively average TS% it's pretty remarkable that he's still been so productive. c'mon man...give the dude some credit. he is a stud.

thekmp211
12-03-2010, 02:50 PM

he can get anywhere he wants more or less from the post. good moves and an incredible motor. jumper is iffy. the d comes and goes at this point, and he isn't built to be an elite defensive four. the passing has been shocking lately...the guys has been dishing five a game or so for a couple weeks now.

i feel like blake griffins number one fan boy, but i haven't been this taken aback by a rookie since lebron, honestly.

NYK_kidd77
12-03-2010, 02:52 PM
I wouldn't say his is the best right now way to early. Does he have the potential to be the best? Hell yes! His defense is turrble though.

mike_noodles
12-03-2010, 02:56 PM
He won't be in that conversation until they are a winning team... nuff said

xxplayerxx23
12-03-2010, 03:03 PM
No not yet, he is amazing for a rookie I understand he is on a bad team but wow he is explosive. he is still behind dirk, Gasol, amare, Off the top of my head those come to mind there culd be more

bears88
12-03-2010, 03:08 PM
I don't think he is the best PF in the NBA right now, but if he can be consistent and keep playing the way he is yes he will be considered as the best PF in the league in the future. I Love how Griffin has been playing I think its going to be a close race for ROY its going to be him or Wall. The NBA has plenty of young stars

Swashcuff
12-03-2010, 03:11 PM
sasquatch, godzilla, king kong, lochness, goblin, ghoul, a zombie with no conscience...

Everybody knows hes a motha****en monster!!!

this!!!!

blahblahyoutoo
12-03-2010, 03:19 PM
ive watched every game this season and watching him you would think they guy has been in the league years already...

he posts up.they feed him the ball down there..scores from the post...whether by spinning and freeing himself...(usually faces up) ...gets to the hoop lays it up or dunk...he shoots it off the glass, he also has a fadeaway shot from the post...he rebounds, he finishes, he is always going after balls, he takes a midrange shot ala Stoudemire and he makes it but he misses some...when he faces up he has this little spin move that he has used to free himself up and get to the hoop hes used it more than once..

he gets doubled sometimes triple teamed in the post and he has the vision to usually get it to a cutting man or an open shooter He has Great vision....(we would run these same plays for Kaman and 99% of the time it would lead to a turnover)

my only knock on him is his D...there are times where he will come from the weak side to block shots...or come out of nowhere and try to block shots but as far as 1 on 1 D its horribly in my opinion...his man will beat him and rather than put up a hand and try to block it all he does is put both his hands up ....this works when he draws charges cuz he is very good at it...but putting both his hands up does nothing to stop the opponent.....

thanks.
i saw this one highlight video of him where it didn't look like he was boxing out, fighting for position, hands weren't up, etc. but he happened to be in the right place at the right time for a offensive rebound and dunk.

didn't see any hustle, as you would expect from a young rookie. i thought maybe it was because he hasn't learned to fight to get to the right spots, and was relying all on his athleticism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqvrQFI-jCI

ElMarroAfamado
12-03-2010, 03:39 PM
thanks.
i saw this one highlight video of him where it didn't look like he was boxing out, fighting for position, hands weren't up, etc. but he happened to be in the right place at the right time for a offensive rebound and dunk.

didn't see any hustle, as you would expect from a young rookie. i thought maybe it was because he hasn't learned to fight to get to the right spots, and was relying all on his athleticism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqvrQFI-jCI

he hustles throughout...at times ive noticed he is the only guy fighting for a rebound among 3 players from the other team...he goes after rebounds and he gets us alot of extra possessions...one thing i have noticed is that it seems team have began to notice him and i see alot of guys trying to take cheap shots at him and punk him
:mad: