PDA

View Full Version : If you could construct your own big 3......

D Roses Bulls
12-01-2010, 02:40 PM
I got this idea from a person asking Chad ford this question on his chat

Ford said he would take Dwight Howard, Durrant, and CP3.

I would probably do the same But I might take rose over cp3 for the fact that rose is a little younger and I'm thinking long term.

So who would your big 3 be? you have no cap restrictions and try and factor age and that this would be for the long haul.

Chronz
12-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Rose with those guys? Yuck no thank you. I agree with them, that would be absolutely magical

asandhu23
12-01-2010, 02:42 PM
David Lee, Monta Ellis and Stephen Curry....oh wait :D

D Roses Bulls
12-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Rose with those guys? Yuck no thank you. I agree with them, that would be absolutely magical

he can pass the ball and can get to the rim anytime. with a out side shooter like durrant and someone as dominate as howard is underneath the rim for rose to dump the ball off to, I think it would be unstoppable.

Baller1
12-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Westbrook, Durant, and Dwight.

Maybe Rondo instead of Westbrook, but that's what immediately came to mind when I read the title.

RapToronto95
12-01-2010, 02:45 PM
CP3
Kobe
Dwight

Chacarron
12-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Deron, Dwight, Durant.

ManRam
12-01-2010, 02:50 PM
I do think Ford took the most obvious choice. A great passing PG, who can defend and create with the best of them. A wing scorer who is great with the ball in his hands, but can feed off of a great PG too. And then Dwight...obviously.

A PG/wing/big combo is the only right answer. The wing has to be able to play equally as effective with and without the ball to be successful with a star PG and center.

I almost think a Paul, Dirk, Dwight lineup would be the best. Miami just has me scared that two many playmakers who need the ball in their hands is bad, which is why Durant scares me, even with a guy as unselfish as Paul. For some reason I just think Dirk would do more damage with an elite PG.

Mochalman
12-01-2010, 02:51 PM
deron, dwight, gasol

ChiSox219
12-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Durant, Dwight Howard, Steph Curry

nycericanguy
12-01-2010, 02:56 PM

Ford said he would take Dwight Howard, Durrant, and CP3.

I would probably do the same But I might take rose over cp3 for the fact that rose is a little younger and I'm thinking long term.

So who would your big 3 be? you have no cap restrictions and try and factor age and that this would be for the long haul.

come on, offer a non-biased big 3...lol. Rose with Durant & Howard? Why? Much better off with a better outside shooting PG and playmaker like D-Will.

My big 3 would be

D-will (I like CP3 better but he's had injury problems before)
Howard (best big man in the league hands down
Durant

I'd probably put Dirk as my #3 because he would open the floor so much but he's too old if we're factoring age.

Minimal
12-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Chris Paul, LeBron James, Dwight Howard.

Chris Paul being the main playmaker.

Sox72
12-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Deron, Dwight, Kobe

I'd replace Durant for Kobe if thinking long term.

bringinwood
12-01-2010, 02:58 PM

Xs 1000000000000000000000000000000000000

Exactly what I thought of when I thought of this thread...

The LeBron hate will continue throughout this thread as he, the best player in the league, will get very little to no mention as part of most of these "big 3" discussions...

Joshtd1
12-01-2010, 02:59 PM
TP/Manu/Duncan :smoking:

Really though if we are goign long term, I think CP3/Griffin/Dwight would be sick..CP3/BG pick and roll all day, and Dwight would be able to anchor the defense and not have to worry about offense alot. Plus if Paul can turn Chandler into a guy that averaged 12 ppg or so that one year..I can't imagine what he cold do with one of those guys.

John Walls Era
12-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Rajon Rondo, Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard

finalverse
12-01-2010, 03:00 PM
For a big, I guess the best option is Howard. You'd need a guy to get them the ball and facilitate, in which case pure point guard has to go to CP3. Now...that xfactor guy is where it gets tricky. I would need a guy who can make a shot while twisting in the air...for those last minute buckets. Kobe fits that bill, as does Wade. Unfortunately, Kobe is much older now and Wade is having an off year.

Joshtd1
12-01-2010, 03:01 PM

The LeBron hate will continue throughout this thread as he, the best player in the league, will get very little to no mention as part of most of these "big 3" discussions...

LBJ is the best player in the league, but if you are going to pair him with someone it needs to be someone that compliments him. Another guy who is the main ball handler like Paul doesn't. LBJ/Dirk/Howard would be the 3 I would pair with him.

Geargo Wallace
12-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Weems, Derozan, Amir Johnson. oh wait they suck!

Da Knicks
12-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Cp3, Melo, Stat lol

Bellz
12-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Paul+Melo/KD+Howard/STAT

Storch
12-01-2010, 03:08 PM
I'll go with a less obvious choice and take:

Deron Williams
Kobe Bryant
Pau Gasol

ManningToTyree
12-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Rondo, Durant, Howard

Double_R
12-01-2010, 03:10 PM
DH, Pau, Lebron... Size Matters...Surround them by shooters and it's a wrap.

GSRaider
12-01-2010, 03:11 PM
To win a ring this year... Deron Williams, Kobe, Tim Duncan

In the future... Westbrook, Durant, Dwight

Favorite players... Steph Curry, Durant, Blake Griffin

ChiSox219
12-01-2010, 03:11 PM
LBJ is the best player in the league, but if you are going to pair him with someone it needs to be someone that compliments him. Another guy who is the main ball handler like Paul doesn't. LBJ/Dirk/Howard would be the 3 I would pair with him.

You would think more people would start to understand this but I guess not.

I agree, Lebron-CP3 is not optimal.

Minimal
12-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Man listen. I know the 3 should look like:
true point guard - scorer (preferably with good jumpshot) - defensive big

But...
Making that list I thought about a lot of things.
1. This 3 are both great on offence and defence (Durant or Dirk doesn't)
2. Chris Paul doesn't need to score much like Dwyane Wade does leaving scoring duties to LeBron.
3. This 3 will have heck a lot of fouls on them.
4. Having LeBron driving to the rim and Howard rebounding the ball makes it deadly.
5. Besides that both Chris Paul and LeBron can play pick and rolls with Dwight all day long, due to their great passing abilities.
6. This is prolly the fastest 3 you can have on the court. Dirk or Durant will slow it down.
7. Athletic abilities
People forget how dominant LeBron is and how effective he is on both sides of the court. Heck he is reigning 2 time mvp.
By far this is the best 3 you can make IMO.

Double_R
12-01-2010, 03:18 PM
You would think more people would start to understand this but I guess not.

I agree, Lebron-CP3 is not optimal.

The thing that doesn't make it optimal is that I am not sure if Lebron can play with a good pg or a true pg, I think that Lebron plays better when you surround him by shooters and athletic bigs.

mikantsass
12-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Derrick Rose, Luol Deng, Joakim Noah

TO to the CHI
12-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Deron, Dwight, Durant.

Winner.

You need a point guard who is happy to distribute, not be the star, and do what is necessary to get his team wins. Deron demonstrated going back to Illinois that he can work with other scorers and make his contributions in many ways. Dwight is a no brainer based on his rebounding, athleticism, defense, and lack of a need to have the ball in his hands. Durant is a scoring machine and doesn't feel compelled to bring it up the floor like some other leading scorers.

I can't think of anyone I would sub in here (though I can fully understand someone putting in CP3 ahead of DWill).

ChiSox219
12-01-2010, 03:23 PM
The thing that doesn't make it optimal is that I am not sure if Lebron can play with a good pg or a true pg, I think that Lebron plays better when you surround him by shooters and athletic bigs.

Yep, i share the same thoughts. Lebron is best when he is completely dominating the ball. You surround him with good shooters and a good PnR big and you should be fine. That's why Cleveland brought in Mo Williams, he was consistently near the top of the league at making open shots when he was in Milwaukee.

Derrick Rose, Luol Deng, Joakim Noah

> Wade, Lebron, Bosh

ChiSox219
12-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Jordan, Garnett, Pippen

Knickfan78
12-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Derron Williams
Carmelo
Blake Griffin

dynasty7961
12-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Rondo, Howard, Durant.

Double_R
12-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Winner.

You need a point guard who is happy to distribute, not be the star, and do what is necessary to get his team wins. Deron demonstrated going back to Illinois that he can work with other scorers and make his contributions in many ways. Dwight is a no brainer based on his rebounding, athleticism, defense, and lack of a need to have the ball in his hands. Durant is a scoring machine and doesn't feel compelled to bring it up the floor like some other leading scorers.

I can't think of anyone I would sub in here (though I can fully understand someone putting in CP3 ahead of DWill).

Yea obviously this is the ultimate(with CP3), either works though... You explained it too, good post. I think you can also sub in Melo for Durant if you want due to his post game and shooting to go along with him not needing the ball in his hands to be effective.

TO to the CHI
12-01-2010, 03:26 PM

I don't follow you at all here. How is it hate to think that if you were putting together a top-3 you wouldn't include Lebron, even if you think he is the best?

If I was hosting a 1 on 1 tournament I would take Lebron over everybody for sure. 2 on 2 I take Lebron and Dwight and am laughing. But if I am building an NBA team around three guys, then I want to have guys that are truly complementary with one another and that I think will work well as part of a team. LeBron might, but thus far it is very debatable as to whether he can work well with other players who need/want the ball in their hands. CP3 and LeBron might have serious conflicts. Conflicts that I don't think Durant would have with CP3 or DWill. I don't see it as LeBron hate so much as a realistic assessment of what he has shown thus far.

jeter 2
12-01-2010, 03:27 PM
This is somewhat plausible because it has been discussed: CP3, Melo and Amare in the Big Apple.

Draco
12-01-2010, 03:27 PM
I'll go with Rose, Griffin and Noah for variation

Luke0842
12-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Rondo (homer pick), Durant, and for a big, I honestly don't think Howard, as athletic as he is, is no where near as dominant as he could/should be. Granted he is amazing. I'll go with Brook Lopez who is more polished offensively, can knock down an open 15 footer, and a little younger as well.

TopsyTurvy
12-01-2010, 03:28 PM
I would take Rose, Griffin, and Durant.

PS. I wouldn't take Lebron due to the years of NBA play already on his body. The decision has little to nothing to do with him as a player.

twin4life
12-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Love
Beasley
Rubio!!!

nyyfan4life
12-01-2010, 03:30 PM
CP3, Durant, Howard... Pretty easy, IMO.

ChiSox219
12-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Rondo (homer pick), Durant, and for a big, I honestly don't think Howard, as athletic as he is, is no where near as dominant as he could/should be. Granted he is amazing. I'll go with Brook Lopez who is more polished offensively, can knock down an open 15 footer, and a little younger as well.

Did you see what Dwight did to Brook Lopez earlier this year?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_9GirOcpUk

k24springs
12-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Rose, Durant, Howard(the best combo)

Great PG with the ability to penetrate and find open man plus has the ability to score when needed and as he gets older will become a better outside shooter.

One of the top scorers in the league and he's not even 22 yet still has a long ways to go to be the player that he wants to be when the game is on the line he is great when the ball in his hands.

The best big man in the league and still hasn't hit his prime he is the DPOY and the most dominant big man in the league. This is the best big three you could put together probably better then the big 3 in Miami.

HornetsSolution
12-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Lebron/Dirk/Dwight would be great to see..

BUT

CP3/Melo/Dwight would probably be the best to every form a Big 3...

Double_R
12-01-2010, 03:39 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_j0iq7cyj0&feature=related

Yea that was downright embarrassing... What did Lopez go 2-15, missing his first 11 shots or something like that... I think that the previous poster is failing to realize that you don't need 3 guys commanding the ball, Dwight gets 20 a game on like 10 shots, that means that the rest of your guys (Durant, Lebron, CP3, DWill, Etc.) will still get theirs and don't have to play as hard on defense because of Dwight's presence.

Anyone who says someone other than DH isn't fully understanding how winning in the NBA is conducted.

Luke0842
12-01-2010, 03:42 PM

Can't say I did. Haven't really seen Dwight play much this year to be honest. Just going by what I saw of him from previous years. To me he has always seemed to have a poor offensive post game. He just gets by on his pure athletic gifts. I think that by his 6th or 7th year in the league, whichever it is, he should have more moves in the low post than he does. Granted he is always guarded by Perk or Davis (who is actually a decent post defender due to his quick feet) when I watch him play.

But if he did beast on Lopez it still doesn't change my opinion. I've always liked the way Lopez plays.

If Howard, has improved this year dramatically, I wouldn't have noticed. Don't watch many teams besides whoever is playing the C's.

NeutralFan
12-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Gasol, Kobe and Bynum(healthy)

CrasH-X
Westbrook, 'Melo, Dwight .. on the Suns of course .. but I'll take CP and 'Melo with Dwight on the Magic any day .. it would just be so fun to watch .

avrpatsfan
What you have to put in the equation is players that compliment each other. I'd go:
CP3, Durant, and Howard. You could easily switch out CP3 with Rondo but that big 3 would win a lot of games.

pujolsdabomb5
12-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Wade, Bosh Lebron :facepalm:

But seriously,
Rondo
Lebron
Dwight

jacquewho?
12-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Rajon Rondo - Kevin Durant - Dwight Howard

I was thinking about Deron Williams as well since he is a better shooter from outside but it really doesn't get much better than that IMO. And if KD's shots aren't falling just kick it out.

smith&wesson
john wall
dwade
blake griffen

zambo4president
Deron Williams, Dirk Nowitzki and Carmelo Anthony

ChiSox219
12-01-2010, 03:48 PM

Can't say I did. Haven't really seen Dwight play much this year to be honest. Just going by what I saw of him from previous years. To me he has always seemed to have a poor offensive post game. He just gets by on his pure athletic gifts. I think that by his 6th or 7th year in the league, whichever it is, he should have more moves in the low post than he does. Granted he is always guarded by Perk or Davis (who is actually a decent post defender due to his quick feet) when I watch him play.

But if he did beast on Lopez it still doesn't change my opinion. I've always liked the way Lopez plays.

If Howard, has improved this year dramatically, I wouldn't have noticed. Don't watch many teams besides whoever is playing the C's.

Lopez was 3-17 with as many fouls as rebounds (5). Dwight dropped 30 and 16 on 13 FGA. "Beast" is an understatement.

That'd be like taking Rik Smits over Shaq.

Lake_Show2416
12-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Kobe, Pau and Phil haha

Naw but for short term Kobe, Dwight and Deron

n for future i'd pick Dwight, Durant and Deron

farsouthside
12-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Rose, Durant, Howard

Southsideheat
12-01-2010, 03:53 PM
This would be a great 3 on 3 tournament

1) Williams, Durant, Howard

4) Rose, Griffin, Dirk

3) Paul, Melo, Noah

2) Rondo, James, Gasol

Luke0842
12-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Lopez was 3-17 with as many fouls as rebounds (5). Dwight dropped 30 and 16 on 13 FGA. "Beast" is an understatement.

That'd be like taking Rik Smits over Shaq.

There is no denying that Dwight is the best center in the league. I just like a center on my team who can knock down the 15 footer consistently. Really opens up the floor for players who like to get to the rim. i.e. Rondo and Durant who were my other two.

Kyben36
12-01-2010, 03:56 PM
I would take D Rose ( kinda Homer ), Blake Griffin, and hmmm, last one is a toughy.

I think I would go with Kevin Durrant, just because we would need the shooting. i want a good defender at C, but I think that 3 would be killer for years to come.

ChiSox219
12-01-2010, 03:59 PM
There is no denying that Dwight is the best center in the league. I just like a center on my team who can knock down the 15 footer consistently. Really opens up the floor for players who like to get to the rim. i.e. Rondo and Durant who were my other two.

What about the defensive end? I picked Dwight as one of my three and the main reason was for his defense.

jtsunami
12-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Anyone saying STAT is extremely homer. Rose is a little bit of a homer pick, but you can't honestly think STAT is a better player to have over Gasol/Dwight/Dirk. I'd probably take Kevin Love and Milsap over STAT.

I'd build my 3 for years to come.
Rose/Westbrook
Durant
Dwight/Blake Griffin (definitely lean towards Dwight given Blake's injury last year)

Rose/Westbrook are still on rookie contracts so you could fill out the roster pretty well.

alencp3
12-01-2010, 04:04 PM
CP3,LeBron,Griffin

CHANGO
12-01-2010, 04:05 PM
PG - CP3
SF - Lebron
C - Dwight

mikantsass
12-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Anyone saying STAT is extremely homer. Rose is a little bit of a homer pick, but you can't honestly think STAT is a better player to have over Gasol/Dwight/Dirk. I'd probably take Kevin Love and Milsap over STAT.

Rose/Westbrook
Durant
Dwight/Blake Griffin (definitely lean towards Dwight given Blake's injury last year)

Rose/Westbrook are still on rookie contracts so you could fill out the roster pretty well.

Same could be said for Rose. No way he should be taken over CP3/Williams/Rondo/westbrook. and I'd probably take Wall and Tyreke over him too

Luke0842
12-01-2010, 04:08 PM
What about the defensive end? I picked Dwight as one of my three and the main reason was for his defense.

If you look at the Defensive rating (estimation of points allowed per 100 possessions) Dwights is 99 while Brook's is 109. That isn't that much of a difference in terms of 100 possessions. But yes, you're right, Dwight is an amazing defender.

I'm just thinking long term and trying to stay away from picks that all look the same. So for me, I'm just going by who I think would work well together and could compete for years down the road.

clehmun
12-01-2010, 04:14 PM
If you look at the Defensive rating (estimation of points allowed per 100 possessions) Dwights is 99 while Brook's is 109. That isn't that much of a difference in terms of 100 possessions. But yes, you're right, Dwight is an amazing defender.

I'm just thinking long term and trying to stay away from picks that all look the same. So for me, I'm just going by who I think would work well together and could compete for years down the road.

That's actually a lot IMO. It's ONE player, saving you 10 points.

ne3xchamps
12-01-2010, 04:15 PM
I would have to go rondo, LBJ, and dwight. the defense alone would absolutely insane! that big 3 would probably win 70 games. LBJ could be the main scorer and dwight being down low to clean up any misses. rondo would probably avg. 15-20 assist/game.

ChiSox219
12-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Same could be said for Rose. No way he should be taken over CP3/Williams/Rondo/westbrook. and I'd probably take Wall and Tyreke over him too

If you would take Tyreke and Wall over Rose, well that's just being biased. I've noticed a large quantity of your posts are anti-Bulls/anit-Rose so no surprise.

Rose vs Rondo/Westbrook...if you need you're PG to be able to shoot from the outside, you go with Rose. (Anyone picking Lebron and Dwight should take Rose over Rondo/Westrbrook)

CP3 and Deron can't cut up defenses quite like Rose, so if you have outside scorers like Dirk/Durant, Rose might not be the better player but would be the better fit.

The average Defensive rating this season is 106.8. Brook is below average while Dwight is well above average. It might not seem like a significant difference when you compare 109 to 99 but really that's a huge difference.

There's a reason why the Magic are the #1 defense and the Nets are #21

Furymaker
12-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Rose
Durant
Noah

It's my opinion , don't judge it !

ChiSox219
12-01-2010, 04:18 PM
I would have to go rondo, LBJ, and dwight. the defense alone would absolutely insane! that big 3 would probably win 70 games. LBJ could be the main scorer and dwight being down low to clean up any misses. rondo would probably avg. 15-20 assist/game.

That team would have trouble scoring 90 points a night.

Tha Truth
12-01-2010, 04:22 PM
LeBron, Dwight Howard and CP3

Double_R
12-01-2010, 04:23 PM
If you would take Tyreke and Wall over Rose, well that's just being biased. I've noticed a large quantity of your posts are anti-Bulls/anit-Rose so no surprise.

Rose vs Rondo/Westbrook...if you need you're PG to be able to shoot from the outside, you go with Rose. (Anyone picking Lebron and Dwight should take Rose over Rondo/Westrbrook)

CP3 and Deron can't cut up defenses quite like Rose, so if you have outside scorers like Dirk/Durant, Rose might not be the better player but would be the better fit.

The average Defensive rating this season is 106.8. Brook is below average while Dwight is well above average. It might not seem like a significant difference when you compare 109 to 99 but really that's a huge difference.

There's a reason why the Magic are the #1 defense and the Nets are #21

You are spot on with DH, beyond everything else he does on the defensive end; he also meshes well with any of the top players period. Not to mention that by just being on the floor he changes the dynamics of the game completely.

Also, I'm not really a Rose fan, but I do think he is one of the most talented players in the NBA, not just pgs, I'm just not sold on him being a guy that can elevate everyone around him or get the best out of everyone on his team. I think that DWill, CP3, Rondo, Westbrook, and Nash can all do that better than him. Not knocking his talent, just his ability to make others better and I'm not going by assists(because they are arbitrary to my point), but I do agree with most of your posts.

jdmd3
12-01-2010, 04:23 PM
CP3, Melo, D12

nitric
12-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Wade LeBron Bosh

Melo4Mvp
12-01-2010, 04:24 PM
D-Will, Durant, Howard

Weezy
12-01-2010, 04:25 PM

Rose/Westbrook
Durant

:laugh2: calm down man.. they are joking. Let me say STAT also you gunna cry about it also?

Here is my trio STAT, STAT and STAT.

Yes if I had a cloning machine and wanted my own NBA trio I would clone STAT 3 times.

eugene
12-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Howard, Ellis, D.Williams

ChiSox219
12-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Also, I'm not really a Rose fan, but I do think he is one of the most talented players in the NBA, not just pgs, I'm just not sold on him being a guy that can elevate everyone around him or get the best out of everyone on his team. I think that DWill, CP3, Rondo, Westbrook, and Nash can all do that better than him. Not knocking his talent, just his ability to make others better and I'm not going by assists(because they are arbitrary to my point), but I do agree with most of your posts.

I don't disagree that Rose isn't able to elevate his teammates at the level Deron/CP3/Nash can.

That said, if you have two guys like Dwight and Durant, how much can anyone really elevate their games?

People give CP3 credit for elevating David West's game or Tyson Chandler's game but those guys aren't nearly as talented as Dwight, so they need someone to create all of their shots.

I didn't take Rose in my trio, I want a PG that can shoot the 3 and doesn't need to dominate the ball so I chose Curry because I think he's a great 3rd option next to Durant and Howard but still able to takeover a game if needed.

ne3xchamps
12-01-2010, 04:33 PM
That team would have trouble scoring 90 points a night.

they wouldn't have to with that defense. Defense wins championships. plus that's just the big 3, you could get a decent scorer to help.

rickshaw
12-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Rondo Durant Blake

Minimal
12-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Also besides cp3, lbj, d12....
LeBron James, Blake Griffin, Dwight Howard will just destroy every other 3 imo.

MrX27
12-01-2010, 04:43 PM
LeBron, Kobe, & Dwight!

ne3xchamps
12-01-2010, 04:44 PM
LeBron, Kobe, & Dwight!

no to kobe if you want long term. kobe only has a few good years left in him.

JordansBulls
12-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Probably take a PG, SF and C.

Rose, Melo, Dwight

Tqafg96
12-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Melo
D Will
D. Howard
Hands down.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-01-2010, 04:54 PM
westbrook, durant, howard

game over

crewfan13
12-01-2010, 05:04 PM

Agreed, Lebron needs teh ball in his hands to score. He doesn't want to run off screens and shoot jumpers. He wants to be the guy with teh ball, so I actually think a Lebron, Dwight, and Steph Curry setup might be ideal. I know Steph isn't a top 10 player in teh league, but I think he compliments Lebron well. Steph is comfortable running around without the ball adn coming off screens. He's at his best shooting jumpers. This opens things up for Lebron to do his thing while Curry floats around and comes off screens for open jumpers. Obviously pretty much everyone agrees Dwight the center.

ZHawk1123
12-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Rondo, Lebron, Dwight

jtsunami
12-01-2010, 05:16 PM
:laugh2: calm down man.. they are joking. Let me say STAT also you gunna cry about it also?

Here is my trio STAT, STAT and STAT.

Yes if I had a cloning machine and wanted my own NBA trio I would clone STAT 3 times.

Ha ha ha!

j/m_ets
12-01-2010, 05:22 PM

yup the lebron hate is so crazy ... to say he is not in your big three is pure hate.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
12-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Rondo, Bryant, Howard FTW

Blazers#1Fan
12-01-2010, 05:23 PM
C D.Howard
PF B.Griffin
SF K.Durant or Lebron

Mines better then yours offense + defense

J_M_B
12-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Deron, Durant, Dwight

Blazers#1Fan
12-01-2010, 05:27 PM
yup the lebron hate is so crazy ... to say he is not in your big three is pure hate.

i thought about putting in lebron but since his numbers dropped on that big 3 i think his numbers would drop also

FadeAwayLikeMJ
12-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Sub LeBronze for Kobe

goose15
12-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Paul - Melo - Amare

Sanchez4Life
12-01-2010, 05:30 PM
1. Rondo, Lebron, and Howard
2. CP3, Durant, and Nowitzki
3. Curry, Wallace, and Stoudemire

Kashmir13579
G-Mac, Rautins, Melo

WAYNEBO
CP3 / STAT / Melo (future NYK Super Friends)

magichatnumber9
12-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Kevin Durant, Deron Williams,Dwight Howard

Blazers#1Fan
12-01-2010, 05:32 PM
knicks who keep saying cp3 melo amare will be on the same team soon :facepalm: havent you guys learned from the lebron sweepstakes?

Blazers#1Fan
12-01-2010, 05:35 PM
C D.Howard
PF B.Griffin
SF K.Durant or Lebron

Mines better then yours offense + defense

you could put rafer alston and and terrence williams on this team and they would be good but besides this

Rose,Lebron or durant,Dhoward
Rose,Kobe,Howard
Griffin,Howard,Kobe
griffin,Howard,cp3 or rose or rondo

all time big 3
MJ,Shaq,Wilt hahahahaaa

j/m_ets
12-01-2010, 05:36 PM
knicks who keep saying cp3 melo amare will be on the same team soon :facepalm: havent you guys learned from the lebron sweepstakes?

Nope.. i would take all 3 from them right now. they will click just watch.

Meaze_Gibson
12-01-2010, 05:42 PM
1. Deron, Lebron, and Blake Griffin (Byron Scott)
2. CP, Durant, D Howard (Stan Van Gundy)
3. Westbrook, Melo, Bosh (Doc Rivers)
4. Wade, Granger, Noah (Monty Williams)

Blazers#1Fan
12-01-2010, 05:43 PM

lol they said that about bosh,lebron,wade but i do think they will click but im not sure it will even happen say melo gets traded to chi...he's staying there or if cp3 wins a championship or gets deep in the playoffs he's staying

TO to the CHI
12-01-2010, 05:44 PM

I could be wrong, but I think that you missed the point -- being that the Knicks can dream about getting whoever they want but they aren't going to get anybody.

Blazers#1Fan
12-01-2010, 05:45 PM
1. Deron, Lebron, and Blake Griffin (Byron Scott)
2. CP, Durant, D Howard (Stan Van Gundy)
3. Westbrook, Melo, Bosh (Doc Rivers)
4. Wade, Granger, Noah (Monty Williams)

good idea

Durant,Griffin,Howard(Phil Jackson)

Raidaz4Life
12-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Curry/Durant/Dwight

Blazers#1Fan
12-01-2010, 05:47 PM
I could be wrong, but I think that you missed the point -- being that the Knicks can dream about getting whoever they want but they aren't going to get anybody.

they can dream im just saying dont get your hopes up i like the knicks but i dont think they get the big 3 they wishing for chi can offer 2-3 (i think they have somebody else's) 1st round picks and deng and gibson and korver or brewer for melo alone and jersey has alot to offer also hey have picks plus favors plus Twill

kidfury
12-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Dwight
Lebron
S. Curry

Bishnoff
12-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Deron, Dwight, Durant.

This.

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-01-2010, 05:52 PM
To win a championship right now- Kobe, Duncan, Pau Gasol

To build a team around- Deron Williams, Blake Griffin, Dwight Howard.

Kyben36
12-01-2010, 05:53 PM
I think im changing mine from Rose Griffin and Durrant to Rose Dwight and Durrant, I just think that I would need Dwights Defense. Griffin is great, but no need for him with Dwight.

OA SLAY
12-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Jordan, Pippen, Rodman

Chronz
12-01-2010, 05:54 PM
he can pass the ball and can get to the rim anytime. with a out side shooter like durrant and someone as dominate as howard is underneath the rim for rose to dump the ball off to, I think it would be unstoppable.

Im sure he can, Im just saying he cant do it better than CP3. Nobody keeps his dribble alive in a crowd as well as him. Rose's ability to get to the rim is overrated. Nobody who takes as many jumpers as he does gets to the rim anytime he wants. If so then explain why he chooses not to.

Ill21
12-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Rondo, LeBron, D12

Raidaz4Life
12-01-2010, 05:55 PM
One I would find extremely interesting would be Wall/Lebron/Blake Griffin

Chronz
12-01-2010, 05:56 PM
I do think Ford took the most obvious choice. A great passing PG, who can defend and create with the best of them. A wing scorer who is great with the ball in his hands, but can feed off of a great PG too. And then Dwight...obviously.

A PG/wing/big combo is the only right answer. The wing has to be able to play equally as effective with and without the ball to be successful with a star PG and center.

I almost think a Paul, Dirk, Dwight lineup would be the best. Miami just has me scared that two many playmakers who need the ball in their hands is bad, which is why Durant scares me, even with a guy as unselfish as Paul. For some reason I just think Dirk would do more damage with an elite PG.

Agreed

unleashthebeast
12-01-2010, 05:56 PM
lebron,dwight,and rondo

AntiG
12-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Rondo, LeBron and Dwight. Rondo is an unselfish distributor who would be setting up LeBron on the regular for big plays, Dwight doesn't need the ball to be effective. Not only would they destroy opponents with the slashing game, but their defense would shut opponents down. Surround them with a couple of spot up shooters and you've got a great squad.

Meaze_Gibson
12-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Rose is a tough pick to choose for me because he doesn't play as good defense as the other guards. Not including potential his best fit to me is rose, pierce, gasol. He's pickin up on his trey ball tho so watch out.

I couldn't put rondo on any big three cuz of his inability to hit free throws. Dude is top 3-5 guard no doubt but if you countin jus three players, i'm scared he'd miss the important ones.

iCOOKiE MONSTER
12-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Westbrook, Durant, and Dwight.

Maybe Rondo instead of Westbrook, but that's what immediately came to mind when I read the title.

Durant,Howard,Westbrook
^
1 day this will happen

Meaze_Gibson
12-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Rondo, LeBron and Dwight. Rondo is an unselfish distributor who would be setting up LeBron on the regular for big plays, Dwight doesn't need the ball to be effective. Not only would they destroy opponents with the slashing game, but their defense would shut opponents down. Surround them with a couple of spot up shooters and you've got a great squad.

To me I'd jus foul them if ever it got close. The guys prolly shoot 60% from free throws combined. But their defense would be outrageous

kArSoN RyDaH
12-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Kobe, Gasol, CP3.

They could mesh well since Gasol and CP3 don't always need to score to be effective.

blue collar B
12-01-2010, 06:01 PM

Chris Paul being the main playmaker.

x2

HeaTxRipZz
12-01-2010, 06:03 PM
I would probably go with

Stephen Curry
Lebron James
Dwight Howard

Everyone chooses guys like CP3 with Lebron and such but I feel as though he needs a sharpshooting pg next to him for things to move well.

My second choice would probably be

CP3
Melo
Dwight

hugepatsfan
12-01-2010, 06:06 PM
CP3, Durant, Dwight

Minimal
12-01-2010, 06:06 PM
I would probably go with

Stephen Curry
Lebron James
Dwight Howard

Everyone chooses guys like CP3 with Lebron and such but I feel as though he needs a sharpshooting pg next to him for things to move well.

My second choice would probably be

CP3
Melo
Dwight

Truth, he needs a 3 point shooter along him.
Chris Paul shoots .400 from 3 point line last 2 seasons, he is great 3 point shooter. And overally he is better than Curry.

JWO35
12-01-2010, 06:07 PM
CP3, Durant, Dwight

This = 82-0

The_Mac22
12-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Durant, Dwight Howard, Steph Curry

This!

unwantedplayer
12-01-2010, 06:10 PM

Completely offtopic, but the video that you linked in your sig is completely ridiculous. If you think that Rondo lacks a scoring instinct, you are false. There was miscommunication on that play as it was supposed to be an alley-oop. Now I know you're going to say that Rondo should have taken the lay-up and all, but theres a reason why Rondo is called a pass-first point guard not a shoot-first point guard.

Anyways, if I were to construct my own big 3....

Deron Williams - A distributor who can also shoot lights out
Dwight Howard - A powerful center playing with an elite PG = win
Dirk Nowitzki - A big man who can knock down J's and rebound and space the floor. Despite getting up there in age, he still shows that he can be an elite offensive player.

$KnicksAndKobe$
12-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Steph Curry
Kobe
Dwight

These 3 would thrive in Phil Jacksons System (the triangle)

Hunter48MVP
12-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard.

KmB728
12-01-2010, 06:22 PM
James Wade Bosh.....oh wait does winning factor into this?

THE MTL
12-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Chris Paul and Dwight Howard are the obvious choices....but they need a PURE SCORER and thats tough between Kobe and Durant. And then again, why wouldnt you put the best player in the NBA (Lebron James) in a fantasy big three...just thoughts....

1. Chris Paul
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Dwight Howard

BirdIsTheWord
12-01-2010, 06:35 PM
John Wall. Landry Fields. Blake Griffin. Give it a few years though

mttwlsn16
12-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Rajon Rondo
Blake Griffin
Dwight Howard

aussie
12-01-2010, 06:41 PM
CP3, Ray Allen, Dwight

John Walls Era
12-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Chris Paul is the favorite, but imo a bad decision. Hes supposedly the number 1 pg, opposing elite PGs always bring their best against him.

Rondo-KD-Dwight = Unstoppable

Raps08-09 Champ
12-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Rondo, Durant and Howard because we get a shooter alongside Howard and a defensive beast who is a great playmaker in Rondo.

or

LBJ, Durant and Howard. Durant doesn't really need to handle the ball that much so he can play with LBJ. LBJ would have the ball most of the time in his hands and Howard will just eat up the rebounds.

smiddy012
12-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Rose/Lebron/Dwight

I would rather have those three than Rose/Durant/Howard... specifically because theyd be funner to watch, not to mention theyre the most athletic players of their respective positions.

Chill_Will_24
12-01-2010, 07:19 PM
I say Melo, Dwight, and CP3 those three together would be a nightmare. It's so possible too! If only Melo wasn't such an idiot.

numba1CHANGsta
12-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Kobe, Durant, Dwight

All three of them would always be getting double-teamed so basically it would be a 3 on 6 lol

smiddy012
12-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Rose/Lebron/Dwight

I would rather have those three than Rose/Durant/Howard... specifically because theyd be funner to watch, not to mention theyre the most athletic players of their respective positions.

Scratch that. If I had to pick three to win this year it would be Rose/Kobe/Dwight.

Chucky Woods
12-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Pau Gasol, Dwight, Durant

richiesaurus310
12-01-2010, 07:33 PM
CP3 Blake Griffin, and Melo.

Minimal
12-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Pau Gasol, Dwight, Durant
I guess Dwight Howard will be a playmaker in your team.
Howard - The Point Guard (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81_-2oa4WUw)

Chronz
12-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Completely offtopic, but the video that you linked in your sig is completely ridiculous. If you think that Rondo lacks a scoring instinct, you are false. There was miscommunication on that play as it was supposed to be an alley-oop. Now I know you're going to say that Rondo should have taken the lay-up and all, but theres a reason why Rondo is called a pass-first point guard not a shoot-first point guard.

I would love to hear you out on why it is false. You dont need to be a score/pass first PG to know the right play. That miscommunication was completely on Rondo. Its called a predetermined pass, Rondo overpasses to a fault at times, its something the coaching staff and players have brought to his attention. He needs to be more selfish because teams are playing him for the pass. It was evident here, in this situation he should have taken an extra dribble to become a threat worthy of attention.

KnicksorBust
12-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Maybe I missed this one already...?

LeBron James
Amar'e Stoudemire
Dwight Howard

central2003
12-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Ty Evans, Durant , Howard

el_primo_nano
12-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Dwight Howard, CP3, Black Mamba

unwantedplayer
12-01-2010, 09:18 PM
I would love to hear you out on why it is false. You dont need to be a score/pass first PG to know the right play. That miscommunication was completely on Rondo. Its called a predetermined pass, Rondo overpasses to a fault at times, its something the coaching staff and players have brought to his attention. He needs to be more selfish because teams are playing him for the pass. It was evident here, in this situation he should have taken an extra dribble to become a threat worthy of attention.

I realize that he should have taken the shot, but being unselfish and not having a scoring instinct are completely unrelated. You can be the most selfish player and not have a scoring instinct. Just because he is not selfish does not qualify Rondo as a player who does not have scoring instinct. Yes, I see Rondo passing up more shots with each game that passes by, but to say that he doesn't have scoring instinct is preposterous.

For example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY1nIFbs6NY

That's no sign of scoring instinct, huh?

Ok: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RIhNb-Lezk&feature=related

With the addition of Shaq, Rondo has looked to score less and pass more. According to ESPN, Rondo averages 10 shots per game and makes 5 of those shots (5.1-10.1 actual stats compared to average 5.7-11.2). At the same time, his FG% rose from 50.8% to 51.1% (2009). OK, .3% increase might not be such a lengthy rise, but it is still higher than last season so far, no? The addition of Shaq and a healthy KG allows Rondo to become more of a distributor than he ever was. Now saying Rondo lacks scoring instinct because of that one play is not fair, because every player makes mistakes. Also, Rondo's game last night demonstrated that he can become aggressive when he wants to. Sure it was the Cavs, but he still played aggressively.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A7DceaonuA&feature=related

What about that video? No scoring instinct there either?

Evolution23
12-01-2010, 09:23 PM
CP3, Melo, Amare

unleashthebeast
12-01-2010, 09:30 PM

lol these little jabs in every single nba thread are gonna be funny when we win a title and all you are left crying (die hard heater here). id go with rondo/king james and superman

wadecounty305
12-01-2010, 09:34 PM
wade lebron and bosh

TrueFan420
12-01-2010, 09:37 PM
d will/dirk/pau... im sure there will be some soft jokes about dirk and pau playing together but still tell who could stop those two teamed up.

Byronicle
12-01-2010, 09:38 PM

Ford said he would take Dwight Howard, Durrant, and CP3..

that is the exact big 3 i've always dreamed of

davids22
12-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Cp3 or Rondo (Prob CP3 since he has an outside shot... but really I'm just looking for a point guard that can create looks, since Lebron would do most of the scoring)
Lebron
Dwight

dc5jdm
12-01-2010, 09:44 PM
CP3, Melo and Pau
Deron, Kobe and Dwight
Rose, Melo, Dwight

BALLER71
12-01-2010, 09:48 PM
CP3, Lebron, Dwight.

momoneyyyy
12-01-2010, 09:50 PM
curry/james/howard

Supreme LA
12-01-2010, 09:53 PM

This. I don't understand why people can't grasp the idea that having two ball dominating players on the same team isn't good for chemistry. Just look at Wade and Lebron duo.

Supreme LA
12-01-2010, 09:56 PM
It's gotta be CP3, Durant, and Dwight.

Runner up - CP3, Melo, Dwight.

Realistically - Derek Fisher, Kobe, Pau.

krest213
12-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Easy

Me
Dwight
Timmy "go glass" Ducan

Tmath
12-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Patrick Mills, David Anderson and Andrew Bogut

bringinwood
12-01-2010, 10:09 PM
This. I don't understand why people can't grasp the idea that having two ball dominating players on the same team isn't good for chemistry. Just look at Wade and Lebron duo.

The Wade/LeBron/Bosh trio is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too early to judge...

I love how people are so eager to mash LeBron they are willing to kill them 20 games into their first season together...

If they get destroyed in the 1st round of the playoffs and they are playing .500 basketball 20 games into next season, you'd have an argument that they didn't work out...

Until then, it just makes people look spiteful...

heatking
12-01-2010, 10:12 PM
curry, lebron, dwight... the best possible trio. you have your slasher in lebron, curry isnt a ball dominant pg, and dwight is a monster post presence. this would be the PERFECT big 3.

FlashMacker
12-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Dwight Howard, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul

fadedmario
12-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Brian Cardinal, Eddy Curry, Starbury

mrblisterdundee
12-01-2010, 10:37 PM
I would make Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant and Dwight Howard my big three. The scary thing is that it could happen, if Orlando doesn't start doing more than shoot jumpers. For the Thunder right now, though, I'd say trade Jeff Green in a package for Josh Smith, then sign a lower-cost, defensive-minded center.

yanks08
12-01-2010, 10:41 PM
STAT
Melo
CP3

RenegadeRiot36
12-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Deron, Dwight, Durant.

This. "The Killer D's"

airforceones25
12-01-2010, 10:42 PM
without hesitation i take..

Steve Nash
LeBron James
Blake Griffin

no indian givers!

fadedmario
12-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Kurt Rambis, Pete Chilcutt, Oliver Miller

amos1er
12-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Kobe Bryant
Kobe Bryant
Kobe Bryant

Thats my big three. :D

Bishnoff
12-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Patrick Mills, David Anderson and Andrew Bogut

You mean Andersen? I'd take Mark Bradtke or John Dorge over Bogut :D

Supreme LA
12-02-2010, 01:56 AM
The Wade/LeBron/Bosh trio is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too early to judge...

I love how people are so eager to mash LeBron they are willing to kill them 20 games into their first season together...

If they get destroyed in the 1st round of the playoffs and they are playing .500 basketball 20 games into next season, you'd have an argument that they didn't work out...

Until then, it just makes people look spiteful...

Nobody is spiteful and it seems you have set the bar pretty low for what is considered a working combo of Lebron/Wade and not. Individually, Lebron has had great success in Cleveland and has propelled that team to 60 wins seasons and a Finals appearance. If they don't reach that standard in Miami with this duo or trio, than I believe it's safe to say the experiment is a failure.

It's already obvious them playing .500 ball and getting bounced out in the first round would be an epic failure. To me, Lebron has to find more success in Miami than he has in Cleveland, otherwise people would say he made the wrong choice by jumping ship and escaping to what he perceived would be a easier route to a ring for him.

quikslvr2269
12-02-2010, 02:10 AM
Adam Morrison, Kwame Brown, D.J Mbenga.

quikslvr2269
12-02-2010, 02:12 AM
Don MacLean, Harold Minor, Shawn Bradley.

KG2TB
12-02-2010, 02:41 AM
Rose, Griffin, Howard

Mplsman
12-02-2010, 02:48 AM
I agree with Ford.

CP3,Durant, Dwight.

SluggeR
12-02-2010, 02:57 AM
EASY:

Superman
The King
CP3

airforceones25
12-02-2010, 03:07 AM
Manute Bol
Gheorghe Muresan
Yao Ming

22'8" is pretty big!

Lost Art
12-02-2010, 03:10 AM
Honestly, I think that having a "Big 3" of superstars doesn't work. A great team needs 1 guy to be "the man" and the rest of the guys willing to accept supporting roles. That is why Lebron with a bunch of 2nd tier guys in Cleveland >>>>>>> Miami's Big 3 of Superstars

I'm good with Kobe + Pau + Bynum (or Odom)

OA SLAY
12-02-2010, 03:42 AM

Zing!:cry:

OA SLAY
12-02-2010, 03:44 AM
Honestly, I think that having a "Big 3" of superstars doesn't work. A great team needs 1 guy to be "the man" and the rest of the guys willing to accept supporting roles. That is why Lebron with a bunch of 2nd tier guys in Cleveland >>>>>>> Miami's Big 3 of Superstars

I'm good with Kobe + Pau + Bynum (or Odom)

^^Best SIG of all time^^

ragee
12-02-2010, 03:48 AM
Deron, Dirk and Dwight- A pg who can great passer, great scorer and good defender... Dirk will provide the range and length that will clear the middle for Dwight to dominate... What's good about this big 3 is ego's won't clash...

Raph12
12-02-2010, 04:06 AM
Idk if Ford's "Big 3" can be topped, as Chronz said earlier "that would be magical" get it done Otis. :p

mjt20mik
12-02-2010, 04:11 AM
Paul, Durant, Howard.

Mile High Champ
12-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Dwight, Westbrook and Durant is my 3...

JayW_1023
12-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Billups, Durant and Gasol.

I would fill that starting line-up out with Nicholas Batum at SG and Kendrick Perkins at C.

Khalifa21
12-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Chris Paul/LeBron James/Dwight Howard

KALI4ORNIA
12-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Durant, Griffin, Dwight would dominate! I'm sure they could get a decent PG.

Spiderman 1nner
12-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard

SpeeMN
12-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Tim Duncan. Calling them the Big Three would be an Understatement. The team would be called the "MVPs."

Double_R
12-03-2010, 11:22 AM
I would make Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant and Dwight Howard my big three. The scary thing is that it could happen, if Orlando doesn't start doing more than shoot jumpers. For the Thunder right now, though, I'd say trade Jeff Green in a package for Josh Smith, then sign a lower-cost, defensive-minded center.

You obviously know nothing about the Magic or how free agency works... Let's get a few things out of the way... No superstar is leaving FL (no tax, Orlando(will pay the luxury tax) to go to OKC. It is just a fact, why do you think Lebron left Cleveland??? Because it's Cleveland, same reason why Westbrook and Durant could leave later in their careers(not saying they will) Not to mention that the Thunder will not be able to afford Durant, DH, and Westbrook and don't tell me about Miami. If anything those 2 would come to Orlando way before they all team up in Oklahoma(haha). On to the Magic, who is one of, if not the best defensive teams in the NBA, so you are wrong about the jumpers, they also are in the tops in pts in paint, etc. Don't post next time if you don't know what you are talking about. Ignorance= Stupid comments

CavsYanksDuke
12-03-2010, 11:28 AM
The obvious answer is CP3/LBJ/D12.

A more fun option would be Curry/Durant/Lopez

Fmaranesi
12-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Kobe, Lebron, Dwight

farren.louis
12-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Deron williams, Carmelo, and dwight! That's toughness durant, Cp3, and lebron are all soft

Minimal
12-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Deron williams, Carmelo, and dwight! That's toughness durant, Cp3, and lebron are all soft
Soft?:facepalm:

Yanks All Day
12-03-2010, 01:53 PM
I think the best choice is Dirk, LeBron, Dwight, but to be different I would go D-Will, Griffin, Oden (healthy).

ShockerArt
12-03-2010, 01:59 PM
I'd probably go with D-Will (I like CP3, but I don't like his knee), Durant and Howard. If you like defense and dunking, John Wall, Josh Smith and Dwight Howard would be a fun trio.

PhillyFan001
12-03-2010, 02:03 PM
CP3- very unselfish, tons of assists
Durant-he would still score
D12- he would put a ton of putbacks in, grab rebounds

td0tsfinest
12-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Deron, Dwight, Durant.

http://rlv.zcache.com/tha_triple_d_hat-p148856974379700162qz14_400.jpg :D

I agree with Ford. Paul, Durant and Dwight combo would be nasty.

Frezhnitz
12-03-2010, 02:16 PM
CP3, KB24, D!3

for who starting lineup:
CP3, KB24, Melo, D13, Pau,

TO to the CHI
12-03-2010, 02:16 PM
You obviously know nothing about the Magic or how free agency works... Let's get a few things out of the way... No superstar is leaving FL (no tax, Orlando(will pay the luxury tax) to go to OKC. It is just a fact, why do you think Lebron left Cleveland??? Because it's Cleveland, same reason why Westbrook and Durant could leave later in their careers(not saying they will) Not to mention that the Thunder will not be able to afford Durant, DH, and Westbrook and don't tell me about Miami. If anything those 2 would come to Orlando way before they all team up in Oklahoma(haha). On to the Magic, who is one of, if not the best defensive teams in the NBA, so you are wrong about the jumpers, they also are in the tops in pts in paint, etc. Don't post next time if you don't know what you are talking about. Ignorance= Stupid comments

And the award for the most dramatic overreaction to a post on PSD goes to.......... Double_R. YAY! CONGRATS!!!!!

I assume you are just having a bad day because otherwise this hissy fit was completely unnecessary. As an aside, Orlando is scarcely a free agent destination (go ahead brag about Rashard Lewis who was dramatically overpaid) and Orlando's biggest superstar ever left as a free agent. Is your memory that short? Heck, JJ tried to leave last summer (he's no superstar, but he did want to leave).

Frezhnitz
12-03-2010, 02:17 PM
Kobe, Lebron, Dwight

They would win many rings.

mikealike305
12-03-2010, 02:18 PM
D. Howard, L. James, D. Wade

tcm746
12-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Derrick Rose, Brandon Roy (when healthy), Dwight Howard

jacobwilson222
12-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Deron, Dwight, Durant.

+ 1 :clap:

Ty Fast
12-03-2010, 02:41 PM
lebron, wade, bosh

ttam68
12-03-2010, 03:06 PM
For now either:

CP3, Kobe, Dwight
or

Lebron, Kobe, Dwight

For the future/overall:

CP3, Durant, Dwight
or

CP3, Lebron, Dwight

Just unsure if all Lebron brings to the table is worth not having a more consistent shooter in his place.

zachattach
12-03-2010, 03:50 PM
For now either:

CP3, Kobe, Dwight
or

Lebron, Kobe, Dwight

For the future/overall:

CP3, Durant, Dwight
or

CP3, Lebron, Dwight

Just unsure if all Lebron brings to the table is worth not having a more consistent shooter in his place.

I am going with the 3 biggest freaks LeBron, Griffin & Dwight

jdub747
12-03-2010, 04:02 PM
The triple D's Deron, Dwight, Durant

HOZ THE KNICK
12-03-2010, 06:19 PM
deron williams melo and amare would be so much fun to watch..

gbrl
12-03-2010, 06:30 PM
mine would be deron lebron and dwight

DwayneMVPwade
12-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Dwight Howard
Carmelo Anthony
CP3

Jaji
12-03-2010, 06:39 PM
LeBron James
Steph Curry (or Durant)
Dwight Howard

netsgiantsyanks
12-03-2010, 06:41 PM
cp3, durant, howard

sixers247
12-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Wall, Griffein, Ilgauskaus

Dee Boone
12-03-2010, 06:43 PM
John Wall
Melo
D Howard

blacknell
12-03-2010, 06:52 PM
D.Will, Lebron, Dirk

Got my PG who can score and pass and has a nice outside game. Lebron has everything and i got my big man who doesn't clog up the lanes who will allow Lebron to do his thang and he can hit the open J

if i wanted to pick a BIG 3 of all time
Jordan,Magic, Shaq

jackdawson
12-03-2010, 06:53 PM
:laugh: @ OP. Replacing CP3 with Rose? Joke of the decade.

jackdawson
12-03-2010, 06:54 PM
My Own big three:

1. Wade
2. LeBron
3. Dwight

FinsSuperBowl
12-03-2010, 07:08 PM
CP3, Mello, Howard- All them alleys CP3 threw to chandler looked too easy and having howard will make it a lot easier.

Why mello over durant and Lebron? Mello is a better scorer in the post. Durant and Lebron are not good with their back to the basket.

CP3 is the best all around pg in the leauge, i cant point any weaknesses out on him.

Howard- best center in the leauge hands down

MiamiWadeCounty
12-03-2010, 07:23 PM
dwight=C, pau gasol=PF, lebron=PG. if you got the two best big men in the game your set. not to mention lebron aint no slouch at PG

bbblack40
12-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Dirk, Dwade, D howard

easy

Avenged
12-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Kobe, Gasol, Dwight.

The Lakers have won 2 championships with Bynum not being 100%, now imagine if he was replaced with Dwight.. :drool:

Meatmypet
12-03-2010, 08:48 PM
cp3, kobe, dwight

Ebbs
12-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Rondo, Durant, Dwight (next 2-5 years)

Or

Deron, Lebron, Dwight (for this year only.)

Or

Westbrook, Durant, Blake Grifin (next 5-10 years)

FlashMacker
12-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Hasheem Thabeet, Marcus Banks, Quinton Ross

Sixerlover
12-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Ray Allen - LeBron James - Dwight Howard

Nicolasvon
12-04-2010, 12:03 AM

this

NYKNYGNYY
12-04-2010, 12:04 AM
a'mare/carmello/cp3

X12Celtics3
12-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Rajon Rondo
Kevin Durant
Dwight Howard

Great perimeter defender/rebounder, great interior defender/rebounder, and one fantastic scorer to rack up points. I like defense and rebounding.

rufo4100
12-04-2010, 10:18 PM
If I was making a team from scratch and wanted to win for a long period of time I'd take Durant, Rondo and Dwight Howard.

If it was for 1 season I'd do Kobe, Dwight Howard and Nash

ClipperfanKevin
12-08-2010, 03:46 AM
TP/Manu/Duncan :smoking:

Really though if we are goign long term, I think CP3/Griffin/Dwight would be sick..CP3/BG pick and roll all day, and Dwight would be able to anchor the defense and not have to worry about offense alot. Plus if Paul can turn Chandler into a guy that averaged 12 ppg or so that one year..I can't imagine what he cold do with one of those guys.

:drool: thats the team I finally decided on too.

Sox Appeal
12-08-2010, 03:48 AM
LBJ, Dirk, Dwight Howard

millerandco
12-08-2010, 04:55 AM
Rondo
Kobe
Dwight

JordansBulls
12-12-2010, 11:10 AM

Ray Allen is wayy too old.

LJEATON26
12-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Russell Westbrook, KD and Blake Griffin. With their current stats it would be 71 ppg, 24 rpg and 15 apg.

Minimal
12-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Russell Westbrook, KD and Blake Griffin. With their current stats it would be 71 ppg, 24 rpg and 15 apg.
Sorry, but that's a really bad combo

nyanks79
12-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Lebron, Blake, Dwight.

JordansBulls
12-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Lebron, Blake, Dwight.

Having Blake with Dwight is redundant.