PDA

View Full Version : Lando Fields 2nd in ROY

Da Knicks
12-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Nba.com has Landry Fields in second place for rookie of the year thoughts?

http://www.nba.com/rookieladder/?ls=iref:nbahpt1 :D

steveshane67
12-01-2010, 11:53 AM
anytime you can get a guy in the 2nd rnd that makes the team is good, having a guy that plays is a bonus, this is just icing on the cake.

John Walls Era
12-01-2010, 11:55 AM
You realize the list is not "official"; its 1 guy's opinion.

Weezy
12-01-2010, 11:57 AM

:laugh2: you scared? Its alright buddy. John wall will win it anyways. It is impressive enough when a 2nd Rounder has made it this high. Give credit when its due.

Ezio
12-01-2010, 12:00 PM
:laugh2: you scared? Its alright buddy. John wall will win it anyways. It is impressive enough when a 2nd Rounder has made it this high. Give credit when its due.

Not if Griffin has something to say about it.

Weezy
12-01-2010, 12:04 PM

Yes I agree. He is a monster. I was just being a little sarcastic in that post.

SluggeR
12-01-2010, 12:05 PM
At the end of the day Griffin & Wall will probably share the award, but if Fields continues this for the rest of the year...IMPRESSIVE.

Da Knicks
12-01-2010, 12:05 PM

My thoughts exactly Griffin is a monster but plays no d, crazy to think a second rounder would be in first place if Griffin would of being healthy last year.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
12-01-2010, 12:09 PM
kids good but i think wall n griffen will be the top 2

Chill_Will_24
12-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Looks like a nice equalizer in the Melo front... Just sayin. Only thing stopping Melo from being traded there is NYs lack of talent. I say Fields trumps anything the Nets, Magic, Bulls, or Mavs could offer. Fields, Randolph, Gallo, currys expiring for Melo definitely trumps Favors, Humphries, Murphy, and 2 lottery picks...

goblazers7
12-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Ya

koreancabbage
12-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Landry looks like he's going to be a solid contributor in the NBA, a very small chance for NBA stardom like previous 2nd rounders but a chance nonetheless.

nstojic
12-01-2010, 12:28 PM
anyone else impressed with the knicks recent ability to get serviceable guys with late 1st/2nd round picks? fields, so far.... douglas... chandler... lee... ariza...

lvlheaded
12-01-2010, 12:28 PM
I dont think he ends up finishing in the top two of the ROY voting, but it is nice to see the kid get some credit. He has been great this year

HOZ THE KNICK
12-01-2010, 12:30 PM
a 6-7 ball hawking sg that's a defensive presence also a rebounding machine walsh did his job on the draft.

NYsFinest
12-01-2010, 12:31 PM
anyone else impressed with the knicks recent ability to get serviceable guys with late 1st/2nd round picks? fields, so far.... douglas... chandler... lee... ariza...

unfortunately same can't be said with our lottery drafting... really happy for this kid, he probably wont end up as a top 5 player from this draft class, but definitely worth a lottery pick.

Hustla23
12-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Landry looks like he's going to be a solid contributor in the NBA, a very small chance for NBA stardom like previous 2nd rounders but a chance nonetheless.
It's this sort of thought process that led him to being drafted in the second round in the first place.

You have no clue how good he can be and neither does anyone else.

"Potential" and "upside" are things that aren't realized until actually fulfilled.

As for the thread, Landry for ROY, MVP, DPOY! :)

Da Knicks
12-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Looks like a nice equalizer in the Melo front... Just sayin. Only thing stopping Melo from being traded there is NYs lack of talent. I say Fields trumps anything the Nets, Magic, Bulls, or Mavs could offer. Fields, Randolph, Gallo, currys expiring for Melo definitely trumps Favors, Humphries, Murphy, and 2 lottery picks...

I think the nuggets will go after Chandler instead of Gallo, he has an expiring contract and can play multiple positions and is in second place for 6th man of the year right now.

Draco
12-01-2010, 12:34 PM
It's nice to see an unknown name climb up the rookie ladder.

NYsFinest
12-01-2010, 12:37 PM
I think the nuggets will go after Chandler instead of Gallo, he has an expiring contract and can play multiple positions and is in second place for 6th man of the year right now.

I think he was trying to be funny and sarcastic... because a PF averaging 6.5 and 5.5 for one of the worst teams in the NBA and "lottery picks" which are clearly assumed since GS's picks are protected and Melo might be able to drag the Nets out of the lottery in the weak east are SOOOO MUCH better than anything the Knicks can ever offer. Plus I think Chandler is very underrated 17 and 6 and 2 blocks per game off the bench.

Slimsim
12-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Happy for Landry. But does this mean that this year draft was weak i mean beside Wall, Landry,Griffin and Cousin non of the other rookies stand out like curry Jennings Evans and collson last year.

clutchski
12-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Like the writer said, the stats don't lie.

Weezy
12-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Happy for Landry. But does this mean that this year draft was weak i mean beside Wall, Landry,Griffin and Cousin non of the other rookies stand out like curry Jennings Evans and collson last year.

Way too early. Many players need time to develop. I think Favors will still end up a nice player in a couple of years. And there are others. We should bring back this class in a couple of years.

There was a thread that brought back the 2008 draft. Now that is a draft class that looks nice right now so far.

Chill_Will_24
12-01-2010, 12:48 PM
I think he was trying to be funny and sarcastic... because a PF averaging 6.5 and 5.5 for one of the worst teams in the NBA and "lottery picks" which are clearly assumed since GS's picks are protected and Melo might be able to drag the Nets out of the lottery in the weak east are SOOOO MUCH better than anything the Knicks can ever offer.

No actually I was being serious. Favors potential trumps anything you got but factoring everything in can't compete with what Fields is doing RIGHT NOW. Humphries has been a surprise so I know Denver will want him. Chandler is playing well. If the rumors are true and the Nuggs are holding out on the Nets till Feb to increase the value of their pick, assuming they keep struggling (right so far), then even with Melo the Nets might be at best a first round exit so your looking at a decent pick and GS is struggling and probably will continue to do so. So like I said, if Fields is in the package, the Nets will be outbid. It's hard to judge talent on a losing team so the Nets might be outta luck

nstojic
12-01-2010, 01:02 PM
unfortunately same can't be said with our lottery drafting... really happy for this kid, he probably wont end up as a top 5 player from this draft class, but definitely worth a lottery pick.

looking back at the last several years... it's not like you guys pick and then a stud goes, next pick...it's more like you guys pick and then after another poor pick or two, some team takes that 'stud'... bynum..lopez...jennings...etc... so don't feel bad... it's not that bad

nstojic
12-01-2010, 01:05 PM
although.. gallinari over gordon does suck a bit.. but knowing a thing or two about euro players... give him time.. there's a whole other adaptation for him, off the court, that other players don't have to worry about...

phoenix_bladen
12-01-2010, 01:08 PM
looking back at the last several years... it's not like you guys pick and then a stud goes, next pick...it's more like you guys pick and then after another poor pick or two, some team takes that 'stud'... bynum..lopez...jennings...etc... so don't feel bad... it's not that b
ad

And gallo isn't even a bad player not like we picked a bust...

Also we had to trade our pick in 09 Jordan hill to open up cap space and we ended up with our players now had we picked Jennings we probably couldnt get players like Felton mosgov and players from the golden state trade Randolph turiaf and azu

Da Knicks
12-01-2010, 01:14 PM
although.. gallinari over gordon does suck a bit.. but knowing a thing or two about euro players... give him time.. there's a whole other adaptation for him, off the court, that other players don't have to worry about...

I actually like Gallo over Gordon alot, Gordon looks like a shooting guard in a pg body. Brook cant rebound to save his life and Gallo plays sound defense and seems to have a very high b-ball iq. Ive seen Gallo take on all 5 positions on defense and seems like he is finding his niche on offense as well.

el_primo_nano
12-01-2010, 01:20 PM
If Fields gets second in ROY, Walsh should get exec of the year. I doubt it will happen, Wall will eventually get 2nd once he becomes more consistent, but even then, him coming in 3d is great. He is a BEAST!!

nycericanguy
12-01-2010, 01:20 PM
I actually like Gallo over Gordon alot, Gordon looks like a shooting guard in a pg body. Brook cant rebound to save his life and Gallo plays sound defense and seems to have a very high b-ball iq. Ive seen Gallo take on all 5 positions on defense and seems like he is finding his niche on offense as well.

I'd take Brook over Gallo any day, but I'm not a huge fan of Gordon. He is putting up a ton of points on a horrible team but he's also taking a ton of shots. Gallo gets his 16ppg very efficiently and plays the game the right way.

NYsFinest
12-01-2010, 01:32 PM
No actually I was being serious. Favors potential trumps anything you got but factoring everything in can't compete with what Fields is doing RIGHT NOW. Humphries has been a surprise so I know Denver will want him. Chandler is playing well. If the rumors are true and the Nuggs are holding out on the Nets till Feb to increase the value of their pick, assuming they keep struggling (right so far), then even with Melo the Nets might be at best a first round exit so your looking at a decent pick and GS is struggling and probably will continue to do so. So like I said, if Fields is in the package, the Nets will be outbid. It's hard to judge talent on a losing team so the Nets might be outta luck

oh well then you deserve an apology lol. I think you guys should hang on to favors though, kid can be something special I think its worth the risk over getting a player who is just a scorer.

Da Knicks
12-01-2010, 01:37 PM
oh well then you deserve an apology lol. I think you guys should hang on to favors though, kid can be something special I think its worth the risk over getting a player who is just a scorer.

I think if Melo ends up in New York he will be in the top three for mvp voting! Qoute me on that!:D

Giaps
12-01-2010, 01:38 PM
I don't care if he doesn't win it. The fact that he is the 39th pick and even in the discussion is way more than I could have ever asked.

omdigga
12-01-2010, 01:44 PM
nice addition to our talent pool.. hes really impressive to watch.. always is in the right place..

hope he keeps this up. mad props for being in the ROY convo.. although i like griffen to win..

bovice163
12-01-2010, 01:49 PM
The kid has a very high basketball IQ, you gotta give him credit for that. Obviously he'll get bounced out of the #2 spot by either Griffin or Wall, but the attention he's getting is well deserved. I'm really surprised by the way he rebounds, he can box out some smaller forwards in the league like nothing.

Da Knicks
12-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Glad more and more people are noticing him, now if they can notice Wilson Chandler. lol

BK-TY
12-01-2010, 01:55 PM
The NEW John Starks. GREAT pick Donnie!!

IndyRealist
12-01-2010, 03:44 PM

Might have something to do with all those illegal workouts the Knicks were conducting with college players over the past half decade....

alencp3
12-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Taller Shane Battier rookie version

jkcronyn
12-01-2010, 04:48 PM
griffin has to win... a player like griffin is wayyyy harder to find where as a coach cal pg comes in the league pretty much annually

nycericanguy
12-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Well Fields was just voted Eastern Conf Rookie of the month for whats its worth

dtmagnet
12-01-2010, 05:07 PM
He should be third place but this guy is impressing everyone.

Gram
12-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Landry Fields is sick. Love his game.

Crackadalic
12-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Find me a rookie not name wall or blake better then fields. everyone want to talk about potential but fields is getting the job done. He is the type of player a championship team needs like shane battier bruce bowen doug christie type players.

And the fact that he wasnt even in a lot of people's top 100 has me to question what they think is potential......

mjqusoldier
12-01-2010, 05:43 PM
I know its too early but Fields is 2nd on the rookie ladder and was just named Easter Conference Rookie of the Month. Blake Griffin and John Wall are better players but since both their teams are terrible is it possible that Landry Fields can win this award? It would be crazy because he was the 39th overall pick but he leads shooting guards in the entire league in rebounds and fieldgoal percentage and is contributing to what looks like a Knicks team that can make the playoffs. Thoughts???

Kashmir13579
12-01-2010, 05:57 PM

just like lebron won it when melo had better stats and took his team to the playoffs in the west. lets not forget lebron missed Playoffs in the east while the KNICKS had the 8th seed..... its like winning the academy, its a sympathy vote.

neither wall or griffins team is winning, and neither of them are leading for their position in any statistic. fields has them both beat in those areas.

arkanian215
12-01-2010, 06:00 PM
just like lebron won it when melo had better stats and took his team to the playoffs in the west. lets not forget lebron missed Playoffs in the east while the KNICKS had the 8th seed..... its like winning the academy, its a sympathy vote.

neither wall or griffins team is winning, and neither of them are leading for their position in any statistic. fields has them both beat in those areas.

I never got this. Why does winning matter when deciding personal achievement award?

mjqusoldier
12-01-2010, 06:14 PM
You know whats crazy...if Griffin plays even 1 regular season Nba game last year, Fields would be number 1 right now lol nutz. Props to Land-o-Fields...Butter

PC
12-01-2010, 06:17 PM
I never got this. Why does winning matter when deciding personal achievement award?

I definitely think it should matter for MVP but yeah I agree, it's pointless to look at wins when you're looking at ROY

Chill_Will_24
12-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Too early... I won't say anything else cuz I'm already getting ganged up on by 60 Knick fans in the Felton thread

airforceones25
12-01-2010, 06:35 PM
I know its too early but Fields is 2nd on the rookie ladder and was just named Easter Conference Rookie of the Month. Blake Griffin and John Wall are better players but since both their teams are terrible is it possible that Landry Fields can win this award? It would be crazy because he was the 39th overall pick but he leads shooting guards in the entire league in rebounds and fieldgoal percentage and is contributing to what looks like a Knicks team that can make the playoffs. Thoughts???

I forgot how great the Knicks team was. Knicks 2010/2011 NBA champs! Stupid me... Now on a more serious note, remember kids, drugs are bad okay! :facepalm:

Chill_Will_24
12-01-2010, 06:43 PM
I forgot how great the Knicks team was. Knicks 2010/2011 NBA champs! Stupid me... Now on a more serious note, remember kids, drugs are bad okay! :facepalm:

Lol priceless... You should come over to the Felton thread an give me a hand with all these Knick fans... I got it under control but you can join the fun with wit like that...

John Walls Era
12-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Griffin will win it. Wall is too raw.

knicksfan42
12-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Griffins taking it. Who was the last rookie of the year winner to play on a winning team that year?

Hawkeye15
12-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Fields has been a great surprise for the Knicks, and honestly makes Chandler expendable down the line. But its Griffin's to lose.

I am sure Knicks fans are plenty happy with their selection though. He has looked good

Kashmir13579
12-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Fields has been a great surprise for the Knicks, and honestly makes Chandler expendable down the line. But its Griffin's to lose.

I am sure Knicks fans are plenty happy with their selection though. He has looked good

i don't think so.... although i think Fields does some things better than Wilson, going up against certain teams Wilson can play the 4 and the 5. theoretically he can play any position. he's about 6'7 6'8 but his size and be deceiving. he's an excellent shot blocker and an intimidator in the paint. i guarantee you regardless of Fields, the Knicks' record would look much different without Chandler.

but yea, super stoked about this steal.

Kashmir13579
12-02-2010, 12:09 AM
Lol priceless... You should come over to the Felton thread an give me a hand with all these Knick fans... I got it under control but you can join the fun with wit like that...

it isn't just Knicks fans making you out to be a hater and ultimately disproving your notion that Ray isn't playing well enough to be recognized. must be a nice world you live in. :facepalm:

Mplsman
12-02-2010, 01:43 AM
Landry Fields looks good.

Trouble87
12-02-2010, 01:57 AM
Land-O-Fields is butter!

those are my only thoughts on this

Trouble87
12-02-2010, 02:02 AM

cause individual stats mean nothing when they don't equate to wins for your team

hugepatsfan
12-02-2010, 02:10 AM
i don't think so.... although i think Fields does some things better than Wilson, going up against certain teams Wilson can play the 4 and the 5. theoretically he can play any position. he's about 6'7 6'8 but his size and be deceiving. he's an excellent shot blocker and an intimidator in the paint. i guarantee you regardless of Fields, the Knicks' record would look much different without Chandler.

Wilson Chandler cannot play the 5. Any teams that plays him there extended minutes (meaning more than just on last second shot plays) can't be good. He is not an intimidator in the paint. One of the most underrated players in the NBA IMO, but not a 5.

OA SLAY
12-02-2010, 03:51 AM
Didn't we take Andy before Fields...aha...thank God fo 2!

believeinNYK
12-02-2010, 03:58 AM
Aguaa!!

zambo4president
12-02-2010, 04:02 AM
I think that not only did I draft him in the NBA Mock over 5 months ago, I also said on draft night, Landry Fields is easily the steal of the draft and he's gonna be a beast. Although all the Knicks fans are gonna claim they said the said the same thing, I love being right.

zambo4president
12-02-2010, 04:06 AM

You sound dangerously ignorant. Wilson Chandler is a wing, he belongs absolutely no where near the paint, and not only can he 100% not play in the paint, you went as far as to call him an intimidator.

Raph12
12-02-2010, 04:11 AM
Fields has played well, not better than Wall but if he keeps it up, that's definitely a steal for NY.

OA SLAY
12-02-2010, 05:33 AM
I think that not only did I draft him in the NBA Mock over 5 months ago, I also said on draft night, Landry Fields is easily the steal of the draft and he's gonna be a beast. Although all the Knicks fans are gonna claim they said the said the same thing, I love being right.
Not only r u full of isht, any knicks fan that claims he said that is full of isht too! Hes a 2nd rounder, nothing is expected. I cant said I said that enough!!

OA SLAY
12-02-2010, 05:37 AM
:clap::) I'm a funny muthafock!

D1JM
12-02-2010, 05:39 AM
Not only r u full of isht, any knicks fan that claims he said that is full of isht too! Hes a 2nd rounder, nothing is expected. I cant said I said that enough!!

Lol but fields getting rookie of the month over wall is very impressive

Kashmir13579
12-02-2010, 10:51 PM
You sound dangerously ignorant. Wilson Chandler is a wing, he belongs absolutely no where near the paint, and not only can he 100% not play in the paint, you went as far as to call him an intimidator.

i said against "some" teams. it works fine against many teams in the east. and i'm not exactly sure how much you know about Chandler you don't think of him as somewhat of an intimidator in the paint. regardless of whether or not he is a wing, he's been matching up against 4s and 5s on a regular basis; he has in the past and is doing so much more since the Knicks currently have no big men except Turiaf (injured)

he is currently no.9 in the NBA for blocks and the only player that isn't a forward or center in the top 20; and you have the nerve to say i'm ignorant for recognizing that he is a great shot blocker and intimidator in the paint. know what your talking about.

samevans7
12-02-2010, 11:14 PM
Calrissian?

Giaps
12-03-2010, 12:13 PM
LOL @ your obsession with hating the Knicks. Get off it already guy.

cardinals1226
12-03-2010, 12:32 PM

Really? You don't say? I swore they gave out the Rookie of the Year after 20 games. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the way Griffin is playing, it's going to be hard for anyone to argue that anyone is more deserving. It'd surprise me if anyone but Griffin or Wall won the award. It's very impressive that both are rookies and putting up 20 (Griffin) and 18 (Wall) points per game. Griffin averaging a double-double and Wall very close with 9 assists. The talent in the league is making basketball watchable again.

Kashmir13579
12-03-2010, 01:49 PM
LOL @ your obsession with hating the Knicks. Get off it already guy.

:facepalm:

i put him in his place don't worry.