PDA

View Full Version : Does the Jason Kidd for Harris and other a fair trade now?

LTBaByyy
12-01-2010, 01:51 AM
Everybody bashed the mavs for that trade especially when harris made the all star team

But they both made all star since the trade and kidd is still playing good (rebounds and assist)

And the mavs needed someone to set up everyone easily and manage the game

At the time it seemed dumb to people bc harris was an up and coming pg

But now looking at it, was it a fair trade???

heyman321
12-01-2010, 01:58 AM
I never thought it was an unfair trade, but definitely like Kidd better at this point. I thought Harris was going to explode and become that next level point guard, but clearly he has not, all he really does it score. He's not really that much of a good set up man.

They should trade Nash back to Dallas. Then the Mavs will win the championship and then they can make a movie about Nash and Dirk's bromance, and then all will be well.

goblazers7
12-01-2010, 02:01 AM
Ya

llemon
12-01-2010, 02:23 AM
It was a great trade for Nets.

Kidd had become a cancer, had to go, and no team was offerring more for Kidd.

Nets did great.

ChiSox219
12-01-2010, 02:31 AM
It was a great trade for Nets.

Kidd had become a cancer, had to go, and no team was offerring more for Kidd.

Nets did great.

I agree.

Devin Harris is exactly what the Mavs need.

Hotlikesauce21
12-01-2010, 02:46 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=399bocf

Has this been posted yet?

HT9Canada
12-01-2010, 03:03 AM
Just so everyone knows, the two 1st round picks turn out to be Ryan Anderson and Jordan Crawford which have been sent to Orlando and Atlanta respectively.

Raph12
12-01-2010, 03:12 AM
Seeming as how the Mavs haven't gotten anywhere with Kidd and the Nets haven't gotten anywhere with Harris, the deal didn't really do anything...

Lim
12-01-2010, 04:08 AM
eh i cant blame the mavs for doing this. dirk only had/has a few good years left, they couldn't just wait around for a potential all star in devon harris to break out(which isnt guaranteed). they knew what they were getting into with kidd, where as devon harris could have turned out bad. kidd could give them 3-5 good solid years to take a shot at a title.

Blazers#1Fan
12-01-2010, 04:13 AM
I never thought it was an unfair trade, but definitely like Kidd better at this point. I thought Harris was going to explode and become that next level point guard, but clearly he has not, all he really does it score. He's not really that much of a good set up man.

They should trade Nash back to Dallas. Then the Mavs will win the championship and then they can make a movie about Nash and Dirk's bromance, and then all will be well.

gotta agree send kidd back to PHX and get nash if mavs kept nash they would have already had a championship

mavs send kidd,terry,stevenson 1st round pick for nash richardson

C Chandler
PF Dirk
SF Butler
SG Richardson
PG Nash
6th man Marion

LTBaByyy
12-01-2010, 10:21 AM
gotta agree send kidd back to PHX and get nash if mavs kept nash they would have already had a championship

mavs send kidd,terry,stevenson 1st round pick for nash richardson

C Chandler
PF Dirk
SF Butler
SG Richardson
PG Nash
6th man Marion

That sounds cool, but I like kidd lol

The Jokemaker
12-01-2010, 10:36 AM
I think this is a trade that worked out well for both teams. Nets got cap relief and young players; Mavs got the veteran playmaking PG they needed.

drobe86
12-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Mavs easily got the better end of the deal. Mavs are still contenders, while the Nets wondered into obscurity. I knew this would happen but people wouldn't just listen. Harris is nothing but blazing past pg with 0 awareness, below average passing skills, and a mediocre shot.

bctgg27
12-01-2010, 11:01 AM
The day Kidd was traded was one of the worst days of my life. But it had to be done, for his benefit and the Nets. At this point, I don't consider it to be a lopsided trade. It has worked out for both teams.

JasonJohnHorn
12-01-2010, 11:33 AM
i thought it was one of the rare times when the trade worked out well for both teams. both teams are better now because of that trade.

Weezy
12-01-2010, 12:05 PM
I never thought it was a bad trade from the beginning. It was fair on both sides and it helped both teams in the way they were heading anyways.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
12-01-2010, 12:14 PM
if the mavs got nash back the would have to start marion cause him n nash makes marion look like an elite player so they could give up butler if they needed to i think that would be sick

Chronz
12-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Seeming as how the Mavs haven't gotten anywhere with Kidd and the Nets haven't gotten anywhere with Harris, the deal didn't really do anything...

Let me get this straight, so if a deal doesnt lead to a title its a neutral trade, always?

nycericanguy
12-01-2010, 12:45 PM
i thought it was one of the rare times when the trade worked out well for both teams. both teams are better now because of that trade.

really? Last I checked NJ was a lottery team after being a finals and playoffs team with Kidd.

Interesting though because at the time it looked like NJ had won that deal, but Kidd is defying age, who knew he had 3+ years left in him.

But then if NJ hadn't become a lottery team they probably couldn't have drafted Lopez.

Too many variables, in the end it was probably a good deal for both teams. Harris is a good volume scorer, but he's not a good playmaker and doesn't have the savy that Kidd does.

King P
12-01-2010, 01:31 PM
It's not about the record. it's about the intent of the trade.

Mavs traded for Kidd so that he could take them over the hump to win a title. And that hasn't happened. So as of now, they failed.

DoMeFavors
12-01-2010, 01:46 PM
really? Last I checked NJ was a lottery team after being a finals and playoffs team with Kidd.

Interesting though because at the time it looked like NJ had won that deal, but Kidd is defying age, who knew he had 3+ years left in him.

But then if NJ hadn't become a lottery team they probably couldn't have drafted Lopez.

Too many variables, in the end it was probably a good deal for both teams. Harris is a good volume scorer, but he's not a good playmaker and doesn't have the savy that Kidd does.

I think even if Kidd had finished that year with the Nets 2008 they wouldnt have made the playoffs. It wasnt looking good and the owner at the time Ratner wasnt willing to spend so Kidd wanted out.

nycericanguy
12-01-2010, 01:55 PM
I think even if Kidd had finished that year with the Nets 2008 they wouldnt have made the playoffs. It wasnt looking good and the owner at the time Ratner wasnt willing to spend so Kidd wanted out.

who knows, but they would have had a better record/worse draft pick and may not have been able to draft Lopez so i guess it worked out for you guys.

I wish NY had Lopez next to Amare. That would be sick.

Chronz
12-01-2010, 01:58 PM

Horrible analysis, last we checked the Mavs made the Finals with Devin so?....

nycericanguy
12-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Horrible analysis, last we checked the Mavs made the Finals with Devin so?....

I have no idea what you are trying to argue, NJ got worse & DAL got better... but there were other variables like I said.

Sadds The Gr8
12-01-2010, 02:09 PM

this

smith&wesson
12-01-2010, 02:12 PM
when did harris make the all star team :confused:

LTBaByyy
12-01-2010, 02:29 PM
when did harris make the all star team :confused:

It was like the second year he was in NJ that's when I heard a lot of people say this was a bad trade on the Mavs part

and Kidd made it last year, and now I hear that the trade was fair so I was wanting people thoughts

Chronz
12-01-2010, 02:37 PM
I have no idea what you are trying to argue, NJ got worse & DAL got better... but there were other variables like I said.
Im using your logic against you, Dallas made the Finals with Devin

smith&wesson
12-01-2010, 02:42 PM
It was like the second year he was in NJ that's when I heard a lot of people say this was a bad trade on the Mavs part

and Kidd made it last year, and now I hear that the trade was fair so I was wanting people thoughts

to be honest, at the time i thought it was a bad trade for dallas
simply because i thought kidd was regressing and harris was on the rise.

now Its plain to see guys like kidd, nash, kobe, have incredible conditioning
and were able to stretch out theyre careers.

kidd does make more sence for the mavs because his basket ball iq is higher. He was and is the more polished player ready to compete and win now, and thats what the mavs needed most at the time when dirk was entering his prime instead of a up and coming young talented player.

for the nets it was a good trade because they had decided to rebuild so they could have used a young, rising talented player. It hasnt worked out great for the nets but harris is still young and they can still build around him and lopez or use harris as a trading chip.

looking at the trade now i think it was a good move on both sides. but kidd did have the higher trade value considering he is one of the greatest points gaurds of all time.

llemon
12-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Just so everyone knows, the two 1st round picks turn out to be Ryan Anderson and Jordan Crawford which have been sent to Orlando and Atlanta respectively.

Ryan Anderson turned into Courtney Lee and the ability to dump Vince. Lee turned into Troy Murphy and his expiring contract.

Jordan Crawford turned into Damion James.

holocaust227
12-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Ryan Anderson turned into Courtney Lee and the ability to dump Vince. Lee turned into Troy Murphy and his expiring contract.

Jordan Crawford turned into Damion James.

And they're not even using Troy, dammit :mad: