PDA

View Full Version : NBA Legend picks Chicago Bulls to win the East.

dnewguy
11-30-2010, 09:40 PM
I think the Magic have the deepest team in the East, the Celtics have the oldest team and the Heat are going to struggle, but they'll get it together. I think the Orlando Magic are going to have the best record, but the most dangerous team in the Eastern Conference is the Chicago Bulls. Especially once they get [Carlos] Boozer back.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5867625

The Chicago Bulls have all the pieces in place to defeat any team in the East according to Mr Barkley. Apparently Carlos Boozer has also proven to be the difference that takes a team to the championship.

Hustlenomics
11-30-2010, 09:43 PM
same barkley that said Enver Nuggets would win it all two years ago?

D1JM
11-30-2010, 09:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5867625

The Chicago Bulls have all the pieces in place to defeat any team in the East according to Mr Barkley. Apparently Carlos Boozer has also proven to be the difference that takes a team to the championship.

you agree with him?

D Roses Bulls
11-30-2010, 09:46 PM
DNEWGUY posted this??? WOW!!!!

asandhu23
11-30-2010, 09:47 PM
TuRRIBLE

dnewguy
11-30-2010, 09:47 PM
you agree with him?

Well, with Derrick Rose, anything is possible. :)

Hustlenomics
11-30-2010, 09:48 PM

:facepalm: especially a first round exit

D Roses Bulls
11-30-2010, 09:48 PM

:speechless:

asandhu23
11-30-2010, 09:49 PM
i think dnewguy got hacked

D1JM
11-30-2010, 09:50 PM

:love:

dtmagnet
11-30-2010, 09:51 PM
I don't see it.

sargon21
11-30-2010, 09:51 PM
haha i love how you took a snipe at boozer

John Walls Era
11-30-2010, 09:52 PM
haha I see that you left Barkley off the title.

D1JM
11-30-2010, 09:54 PM
i think dnewguy got hacked

no, he is more than welcomed in the bulls forum

Dr Cyanide 28
11-30-2010, 09:54 PM

ummm. somebody sig this **** or something. never forget! lol

adidas2307
11-30-2010, 09:55 PM
He's obviously being sarcastic.

Edit: dnewguy is, not Barkley.

D1JM
11-30-2010, 09:58 PM
ummm. somebody sig this **** or something. never forget! lol

already did

Raph12
11-30-2010, 10:00 PM
Barkley also said Kobe, right now, is better than Magic and Kareem...

bradyoverrated
11-30-2010, 10:06 PM
i like barkley, he seems like a fun guy. but he also was convinced that the cavaliers had a chance of winning with lebron.

Team*Chicago
11-30-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm a Bulls fan myself and I don't see the Bulls winning a championship, yet.

D Roses Bulls
11-30-2010, 10:08 PM
i like barkley, he seems like a fun guy. but he also was convinced that the cavaliers had a chance of winning with lebron.

so did every other "expert"

ManRam
11-30-2010, 10:09 PM
Cool, lets just call it a season and give it to them. I mean, it is charles!

That's also some really elementary analysis there. Didn't really say anything of substance.

If moses malone says who he thinks will win the west tomorrow should I make a thread about it?

bovice163
11-30-2010, 10:14 PM
umad?

:facepalm:

I appreciate the fact that Chuck thinks so highly of the Bulls, but we haven't even played a game with Booz in the line up and he's crowning us ECF champs? :confused:

Gotta give it some time. Personally, I think the Bulls are an SG away from being true contenders, but we'll be able to give some teams a run for their money this season.

D1JM
11-30-2010, 10:17 PM
Cool, lets just call it a season and give it to them. I mean, it is charles!

That's also some really elementary analysis there. Didn't really say anything of substance.

If moses malone says who he thinks will win the west tomorrow should I make a thread about it?

yea do it.

D Roses Bulls
11-30-2010, 10:19 PM
yea do it.

x2

Hawkeye15
11-30-2010, 10:49 PM
TuRRIBLE

hahahahahaha. You stole my answer.

In all reality, do the Bulls have a strong enough roster to win it if the cards fall perfect? Yes. But they are a SG, and depth away from being in that convo

Hustlenomics
11-30-2010, 10:57 PM
hahahahahaha. You stole my answer.

In all reality, do the Bulls have a strong enough roster to win it if the cards fall perfect? Yes. But they are a SG, and depth away from being in that convo

no because they can't beat Orlando,Boston, or Miami in a 7 game series

Afridi786
11-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Love how a heat fan starts this thread so people can pile on the Bulls fans.

nyanks79
11-30-2010, 11:07 PM
This is a week late. He said this on Inside the NBA on thursday.

Bulls are interesting though. If I was a 5-8 seed and had to pick between Orlando, Boston, Miami and Chicago I would pick the Bulls. But at the same time I think the Bulls have solid mathcups within there. Noah is one I think could do a solid job on Howard. Especially if Boozer comes back strong, where them 2 could limit Dwights offensive boards. And against the Heat I think they have ok matchups too. DRose obviously has the advantage at PG and once he gets into the paint he dosent really have anyone to challenge shots. Noah would control the boards there easily too. Still think the Celtics are the favorites though. To much depth.

sargon21
11-30-2010, 11:08 PM

and you know this how...

Hustlenomics
11-30-2010, 11:10 PM
and you know this how...

it's COMMON SENSE don't believe me see for yourself come playoff time

bovice163
11-30-2010, 11:13 PM

Man, you must really enjoy eating crow cause you're gonna be eating a lot of it this April. :laugh2:

*Hell, i'm going to sig your two comments, so expect me to bash the hell out of you when the time comes.

sargon21
11-30-2010, 11:13 PM
^ you don't know ****, and i'm not really worried about any of the other teams except boston b/c they're so deep --i'm not proclaiming that we are guaranteed to make the finals or anything, but it's pretty naive of you to think we don't have a decent chance

edit: any sensible poster knows i'm right, i don't know why i'm wasting my time with you

Jays Claw
11-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Where does it say he picks the Bulls to win the East? :confused:

I think the Magic have the deepest team in the East, the Celtics have the oldest team and the Heat are going to struggle, but they'll get it together. I think the Orlando Magic are going to have the best record, but the most dangerous team in the Eastern Conference is the Chicago Bulls. Especially once they get [Carlos] Boozer back.

He clearly states that the Magic will have the best record, meaning they'll win the East. However, I do agree with him on the Bulls being the most dangerous team. I really like the core of Rose, Noah, Deng and Boozer. Although Barkley's opinions and predictions never come true.

chicagocubsfan
11-30-2010, 11:16 PM

Well the COMMON SENSE around July in here was that the Heat would be 18-0 right now, and how did that work out? :rolleyes:

Hustlenomics
11-30-2010, 11:17 PM
Man, you must really enjoy eating crow cause you're gonna be eating a lot of it this April. :laugh2:

*Hell, i'm going to sig your two comments, so expect me to bash the hell out of you when the time comes.

^ you don't know ****, and i'm not really worried about any of the other teams except boston b/c they're so deep --i'm not proclaiming that we are guaranteed to make the finals or anything, but it's pretty naive of you to think we don't have a decent chance

edit: any sensible poster knows i'm right, i don't know why i'm wasting my time with you

ok both of you bulls fans can sig bet me if you are so confident bulls will make the finals ..lol how blind can you guys be to think they'll make it this year

Hustlenomics
11-30-2010, 11:18 PM
Well the COMMON SENSE around July in here was that the Heat would be 18-0 right now, and how did that work out? :rolleyes:

lol who said that ?! c'mon Bulls won't win it this year guys.. you guys are blinded to the truth if you believe otherwise

DreamShaker
11-30-2010, 11:19 PM
Where does it say he picks the Bulls to win the East? :confused:

He clearly states that the Magic will have the best record, meaning they'll win the East. However, I do agree with him on the Bulls being the most dangerous team. I really like the core of Rose, Noah, Deng and Boozer. Although Barkley's opinions and predictions never come true.

I was thinking the same thing. He just said they were dangerous, didn't he?

Hoopsadvocate
11-30-2010, 11:20 PM
Phew, its safe to say they arent since Barkley is the one prediciting it.

bovice163
11-30-2010, 11:21 PM
ok both of you bulls fans can sig bet me if you are so confident bulls will make the finals ..lol how blind can you guys be to think they'll make it this year

Lol again, another clueless fan that thinks we're saying the Bulls are making it to the finals. I was referring to your "the bulls can't win against Miami/Orlando/Boston in a 7 game series" comment, never once did I say we're making it to the finals.

Hustlenomics
11-30-2010, 11:22 PM
Lol again, another clueless fan that thinks we're saying the Bulls are making it to the finals. I was referring to your "the bulls can't win against Miami/Orlando/Boston in a 7 game series" comment, never once did I say we're making it to the finals.

I'm the clueless one yet you think the Bulls can beat Orlando,Miami, or Boston in a 7 games series?! :confused: didn't yall just lose to cleveland in five last year?

bovice163
11-30-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm the clueless one yet you think the Bulls can beat Orlando,Miami, or Boston in a 7 games series?! :confused: didn't yall just lose to cleveland in five last year?

I think the Bulls can beat Orlando AND Miami, but not Boston. I'm even having trouble seeing LA beating Boston.

The Bulls have completely different personnel now, new identity, new coach, better players in Rose and Noah, and a low post presence in Boozer. I still don't understand how you can use that as an argument.

D1JM
11-30-2010, 11:27 PM
I was thinking the same thing. He just said they were dangerous, didn't he?

He says it in the video

Hustlenomics
11-30-2010, 11:28 PM
I think the Bulls can beat Orlando AND Miami, but not Boston. I'm even having trouble seeing LA beating Boston.

The Bulls have completely different personnel now, new identity, new coach, better players in Rose and Noah, and a low post presence in Boozer. I still don't understand how you can use that as an argument.

:laugh2: ok but they won't be beating them the match ups are too much for the young Bulls come playoff time you'll learn the hard way

SchyGuy11
11-30-2010, 11:28 PM
i still hate charles

bovice163
11-30-2010, 11:30 PM
:laugh2: ok but they won't be beating them the match ups are too much for the young Bulls come playoff time you'll learn the hard way

One of us will. ;)

D1JM
11-30-2010, 11:31 PM

Yea cuz we have the same team as last year. Pargo was our main guy coming off the bench. PARGO!

Hustlenomics
11-30-2010, 11:31 PM
One of us will. ;)

lmao i got to bookmark this thread come April

Hustlenomics
11-30-2010, 11:32 PM
Yea cuz we have the same team as last year. Pargo was our main guy coming off the bench. PARGO!

so will you guys be nba champions?

jmcelligott92
11-30-2010, 11:33 PM
Why is it okay for hustle to bait and start arguments, but as soon as one bulls fan does that its the end of the world on this site?

Hustlenomics
11-30-2010, 11:35 PM
Why is it okay for hustle to bait and start arguments, but as soon as one bulls fan does that its the end of the world on this site?

i have bulls fans using every cuss word in the book and insulting me and I'm not even mad ..but If i said half of those things I would have got an infraction by now and how is it baiting when I say the Bulls won't make it to the finals?

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-30-2010, 11:36 PM

I'd say a 5 on 3 matchup would favor the team with the 5.

D1JM
11-30-2010, 11:37 PM
so will you guys be nba champions?

No. But your stupid logic that we lost to the cavs last year so we won't be able to do nothing this year is dumb. We have seven new players, a better coach , and our young guys have more experience.

bovice163
11-30-2010, 11:39 PM
lmao i got to bookmark this thread come April

Thanks buddy, you saved me the trouble. :clap:

Hustlenomics
11-30-2010, 11:41 PM
^ no problem , just don't run away when you have to eat crow

No. But your stupid logic that we lost to the cavs last year so we won't be able to do nothing this year is dumb. We have seven new players, a better coach , and our young guys have more experience.

that isn't my logic behind you guys not being able to beat the Celtics,Magic, or Heat.. i just mentioned that once ..those teams are BETTER than the Bulls

jmcelligott92
11-30-2010, 11:42 PM
i have bulls fans using every cuss word in the book and insulting me and I'm not even mad ..but If i said half of those things I would have got an infraction by now and how is it baiting when I say the Bulls won't make it to the finals?

Yeah you did start stuff.
this bulls team isnt the same one that lost to the cavs

jmcelligott92
11-30-2010, 11:43 PM
The Heat havent proved that they are a better team so far, until they do the bulls will beat them in a 7 game series

Shammyguy3
11-30-2010, 11:44 PM
Note to all Bulls fans:

Do not, I repeat do not waste any more of your time on these threads. The Boston/Miami/LA/etc fans will only bait you and you will gain nothing out of it. Don't follow in that KingDre's footsteps. Follow me back to our forum, where actual logical discussion occurs between knowledgeable fans.

That means you sargon, D1RoseJM, etc etc

bovice163
11-30-2010, 11:46 PM
Note to all Bulls fans:

Do not, I repeat do not waste any more of your time on these threads. The Boston/Miami/LA/etc fans will only bait you and you will gain nothing out of it. Don't follow in that KingDre's footsteps. Follow me back to our forum, where actual logical discussion occurs between knowledgeable fans.

Yeah, I realized that a couple posts in, but I don't think I was being disrespectful in any shape or form, just trying to clarify that the Bulls aren't as bad as some of these people make them out to be.

sargon21
11-30-2010, 11:47 PM
Note to all Bulls fans:

Sargon rolls out under Shammy's orders...

:guns:

:superman:

jmcelligott92
11-30-2010, 11:52 PM
Note to all Bulls fans:

YES!:worthy:

D1JM
11-30-2010, 11:52 PM
Note to all Bulls fans:

Yeah your right. I'll probably get banned if I keep hanging in this bulls thread that was started by a heat fan.

:moon::moon:

jmcelligott92
11-30-2010, 11:54 PM
Yeah your right. I'll probably get banned if I keep hanging in this bulls thread that was started by a heat fan.

:moon::moon:

Probably will lmao, everything turns on to one us everytime

justinnum1
11-30-2010, 11:54 PM
The Heat havent proved that they are a better team so far, until they do the bulls will beat them in a 7 game series

:laugh2:

jmcelligott92
12-01-2010, 12:04 AM
:laugh2:

Laugh it up all you want, we're not the ones facing 500

justinnum1
12-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Laugh it up all you want, we're not the ones facing 500

After your next 2 games i think you will.

SouthSideRookie
12-01-2010, 12:11 AM
I don't understand why people have such a big issue with the Bulls becoming a threat, yeah the Celtics are still the favorites at the moment along with the Magic but the Bulls are certainly closing the gap.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-01-2010, 12:14 AM
I don't understand why people have such a big issue with the Bulls becoming a threat, yeah the Celtics are still the favorites at the moment along with the Magic but the Bulls are certainly closing the gap.

Same reason why people have issues with the Bears being a threat in the NFL forums. What that reason is? lol I have no idea.

toovey107
12-01-2010, 12:15 AM
Why anyone wastes their time in this forum, I'll never know.

Full of pure bias, homer-ism, and close-mindedness.

jmcelligott92
12-01-2010, 12:16 AM
After your next 2 games i think you will.

Oh really? just as you probably thought your heat would be undefeated ?
Just wait and see your Queens get embarrassed by the Cavs

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-01-2010, 12:18 AM
Oh really? just as you probably thought your heat would be undefeated ?
Just wait and see your Queens get embarrassed by the Cavs

No point of arguing with him, all his responses to your posts will be a facepalm>>>:facepalm:

ecorrea
12-01-2010, 12:31 AM
peace

Southsideheat
12-01-2010, 12:36 AM
Not one intelligent basketball thought in 6 pages. Why do i even bother with this site anymore.

Hustlenomics
12-01-2010, 12:59 AM
^ nobody is forcing you to read any of the posts

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-01-2010, 01:01 AM
Another thread that will get closed because some idiots don't know how to hold an intelligent conversation :facepalm:

Super.
12-01-2010, 01:08 AM
Too bad they need to get by the Celtics first.

Baller1
12-01-2010, 01:15 AM
Well, Barkley is wrong.

Ovratd1up
12-01-2010, 01:17 AM
Well, Barkley is wrong.

Well he's wrong on a lot, so he took the smart approach and spoke on something he can't be wrong about for another six months.

finalverse
12-01-2010, 01:19 AM
Too many people on here have admitted their hate for the Bulls is because of us fans and not that team itself. That's utter stupidity IMO. It's like they root anything Bulls related just to go against the grain. Sad group of folks they are.

Now in saying that, I personally think the Celtics are the best in the east so it's not like I agree with what Charles is saying here. Also I don't mind if others disagree with his opinion especially if they really feel that way and not just because they hate Bulls fans lol.

Hustlenomics
12-01-2010, 01:45 AM
Too bad they need to get by the Celtics first.

Well, Barkley is wrong.

you guys clearly aren't being logical :rolleyes:

Stunner
12-01-2010, 02:03 AM
IDK about this one.

Kyben36
12-01-2010, 02:20 AM
Barkleys words are worth less than air

hard_candy
12-01-2010, 05:02 AM
With the improvement of Rose and Noah, and the addition of Boozer, this team is poised to move into the top 3 of the eastern conference.

Congratulations, Chicago. You are very close to having a legitimate EC title contender.

Ty Fast
12-01-2010, 07:00 AM
barkley is an idiot. always has been. always will be.

Ty Fast
12-01-2010, 07:02 AM
he said the pistons were going to be a contender in the east last year

farsouthside
12-01-2010, 09:05 AM
I love the bulls, but don't see this and as much as i hate Boston I see them wining the East again.

Sly Guy
12-01-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm sorry right now I have a tough time envisioning anyone who can beat the c's.

BTW:
I love you the title of the thread said "an NBA legend", because if we all knew it was chuck saying it, we'd have not even opened the thread. Chuck's ability to forecast the league is as accurate as Bush's ability to predict the outcome of his wars in the middle east.

Avenged
12-01-2010, 11:12 AM
I believe the Bulls are one step away from getting to that level.. But who knows, maybe Boozer is that next step? I'd love it if Chicago win the East so everyone can finally give Rose some respect.. :nod:

mikantsass
12-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Derrick Rose will be the first to win MVP, finals MVP, scoring title, 1st team all nba, 1st team defense, dunk contest, 3 point contest, all star mvp, defensive poy, most improved player, sportsmanship award, coach of the year (yes he will be a player-coach), and executive of the year (yes he will be a player-exec) all in the same season

Team*Chicago
12-01-2010, 11:35 AM

I disagree with those statements, if the 7th seeded Bulls with an stupid head coach and some inconsistent players can take the championship Celtics to 7 overtimes in 7 games what do you think the improve elite team of the east with a smart head coach and better players in the Bulls can do to the Celtics with overrated Rajon Rondo. The heat can't beat teams above .500 and the Bulls are above .500, the only reason the heat beat the Magic because the Magic wasn't shooting the 3 good like they normally do. The Magic is the only thing that made sense because the Magic are tough with Dwight Howard being the only center in the NBA better than Noah and with their 3 point shooting.

mikantsass
12-01-2010, 11:44 AM
I disagree with those statements, if the 7th seeded Bulls with an stupid head coach and some inconsistent players can take the championship Celtics to 7 overtimes in 7 games what do you think the improve elite team of the east with a smart head coach and better players in the Bulls can do to the Celtics with overrated Rajon Rondo. The heat can't beat teams above .500 and the Bulls are above .500, the only reason the heat beat the Magic because the Magic wasn't shooting the 3 good like they normally do. The Magic is the only thing that made sense because the Magic are tough with Dwight Howard being the only center in the NBA better than Noah and with their 3 point shooting.

Great logic here

Southsideheat
12-01-2010, 11:45 AM
^ nobody is forcing you to read any of the posts

thank god. It would be a crime against humanity.

jtsunami
12-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Great logic here

Most of your posts are somehow related the the Bulls. You bring up the Bulls in threads that aren't about them. You respond to Bulls fans' posts. Your PSD activity surrounds the Chicago Bulls.

I think you may have a crush...

jtsunami
12-01-2010, 12:01 PM
What happened that EVERYONE hates the Bulls and gives them no respect. I just don't understand. I mean I know JB makes a lot of threads in the NBA Forum, but this is just stupid. I'd say only 25% of posts by non-Bulls fans regarding Bulls players/team/etc. have logic and just try to put them down. I just don't get it. Even the people who have been here long enough to rack up thousands of posts do it. Why can't you just give respect when respect is due?

drama1386
12-01-2010, 12:13 PM
well as a bucks fan, I absolutlely dislike the bulls. but I can give respect when it's due. I think the bulls will be that elite team in a few years. if rose & noah can continue to grow & improve and boozer can step up and play at an all-star level, I really think the bulls can be that elite team up there with the lakers & celtics.

Southsideheat
12-01-2010, 12:38 PM
What happened that EVERYONE hates the Bulls and gives them no respect. I just don't understand. I mean I know JB makes a lot of threads in the NBA Forum, but this is just stupid. I'd say only 25% of posts by non-Bulls fans regarding Bulls players/team/etc. have no logic and just try to put them down. I just don't get it. Even the people who have been here long enough to rack up thousands of posts do it. Why can't you just give respect when respect is due?

that's because the average age in the forum is 16.

Southsideheat
12-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Per Sam Smith

Look at that lineup around Howard: Lewis, a waif like three point shooting power forward; Quentin Richardson, still unable to be insured with perennial back problems; Jameer Nelson, who can get posterized by Earl Boykins. And the dunker formerly known as Vince Carter. With 25 percent three point shooting J.J. Redick second off the bench after Chris Duhon. This is supposed to be a championship team? They donít have even one player close to being an All Star after Howard.

So itís no time to defer to what the Magic did before. Theyíve gone from the Finals to the conference finals and seem headed backward.

Weezy
12-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Interesting. I still call Celtics win it in the East. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Bulls vs Celts in Conf Finals.

mikantsass
12-01-2010, 01:34 PM
The Bulls are like the Jazz, Thunder, Hawks, Nuggets, and Hornets...

They are all good teams, but noone thinks they are actual title contenders

bovice163
12-01-2010, 01:37 PM
that's because the average age in the forum is 16.

Correction. Age AND IQ. :D

D Roses Bulls
12-01-2010, 01:37 PM

how can you say that without even watching the bulls with boozer one game? also you never know who the bulls might end up trading for as well.

eugene
12-01-2010, 01:50 PM
well... who knows :) i'm more than sure that Celtics will win it all if stay healthy

mikantsass
12-01-2010, 01:52 PM
how can you say that without even watching the bulls with boozer one game? also you never know who the bulls might end up trading for as well.

Well I figured it was assumed that we were talking about the team as is. I mean technically NJ could trade for Melo and CP3. I mean that would change opinions about the Nets and the East.

You are right about Boozer. Noone knows what will happen when he comes back. I mean I personally think that he will make the team better. He is a nice player. But noone knows that for sure. He could completely ruin chemistry or reinjure himself.

Anyway I guess my point was that I was talking about the Bulls and all of the other teams that I mentioned with their teams right now, Dec, 1, 2010

Baller1
12-01-2010, 02:41 PM

The Jazz and Thunder are title contenders.

bovice163
12-01-2010, 02:44 PM

Since when? :confused:

The Thunder haven't been out of the 1st round just like the Bulls, so how can they be title contenders when the Bulls aren't?

Sox72
12-01-2010, 03:16 PM

No. They're not.

Sox72
12-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Great logic here

Agreed! :clap:

JayHunter
12-01-2010, 03:25 PM
We are a shooting guard away from contending

finalverse
12-01-2010, 04:01 PM
^ Because Bulls fan's don't give a hoot. We know who we are :)