PDA

View Full Version : The Heat's Style of Play?

Crackadalic
11-30-2010, 07:02 PM
As everyone knows about the heat struggles and why they are not clicking has some guys trying to figure out why it hasn't work out yet.

So im watching nbatv and Kenny "the jet" Smith was talking about the heat and made some points i found interesting.

The heat don't have a style of play. There style of play is what ever the other teams style of play is weather its Mike's SSOL offense or Larry Brown's Defense or Phil's Triangle Offense but you can't win a lot of games by playing othe teams style but to win with your own style and i feel the heat doesn't quite have that identity yet.

And because they don't have a set system, they don't know what players that pat can bring in to make them better. Yes they need a pg and C but until they know what there style of play is there not going to win a lot of games. You can only win a handful of games on talent only Thoughts?

Cosmic_Canon
11-30-2010, 07:14 PM
It's all lebron's fault

D1JM
11-30-2010, 07:15 PM
why not put this in the heat forum

Crackadalic
11-30-2010, 07:17 PM
why not put this in the heat forum

Because im not a heat fan im a knicks fan and i wanted a non heat fans thoughts on the matter of it

xxcubs22xx
11-30-2010, 07:20 PM
Well, its a good thread, i think it belongs in the NBA forum.

Why?

Well, because there are many affiliated with and following the NBA who share this sentiment. The Heat can't just win with talent. They lack an offensive identity.

Chronz
11-30-2010, 07:24 PM
Merge this thread with mine since it pertains to the Heats offensive gameplan

mlisica19
11-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Teams win through a designed system that has well fitted players in it.
From what I hear, the Heats offense is too simple. too basic, but too be honest I dont know what that really means.

The heat have 3 of the top 15 (without a doubt) best individual players in the world. They have solid starting support group, and a decent bench. The weakness on this team is leadership and I believe it is starting with Lebron James.

It seems in recent years all James ever wants to do is enjoy life by goofing off with friends, hanging out and partying and all he cares about is off the court business... (ex. how to make his name more popular, how to sell more shoes, how to get more advertisements etc). Is this the attitude of a leader? Is the the attitude anyone wants in their best player?

mlisica19
11-30-2010, 07:36 PM
_ Team USA and coach K (respective Duke and USA winning coach) was inches away from kicking out Lebron James from the olympics USA team " the redeem team". Sources say that the coaches were all on board to get in Kobe Byrant for his leadership, focus and obviously skill. James was said by Coach K to be uncoachable, James refused to communicate with most of the coaches, never cared to get to the know the whole team or the whole organization... They placed him with Jason Kidd to be mentored, to be roommates with and to shadow. He got along, they won.

Same months, due to his irressponsibility and immatureity off the court Nike was ready to kick James off their sponsorship if he did not shape up. Mailing a letter to his house.

What Im trying to get at is that James seems to be a very immature kid. A child in the body of a basketball god and its a shame. On the court he can do it all, but in pro sports it takes more than skill. It takes preperation, practice, passion, dedication and a full franchis's teamwork (coaches to players) in order to be a successful player.

James has done nothing to show any of this. While players liek Kobe and teams like the Lakers watch countless video, go to countless meeting and prepare as a team. The Cavs,with Lebron, seemed to care more about what entrance theme song or a entrance celebration or even the jersey they will wear b4 the game. Those choices were allowed by the lenient coach in Mike Brown, the leadership in Lebron James. Its carrying over to the Heat.

When james says hey wanna go out? Will his friends, young Chris Bosh or Dwayne Wade say no? Will his best friend Z say no? in Miami?

Its a immature club. they wont realize the meaning of true happiness and fun playing in the NBA cuz their success wont come