PDA

View Full Version : Is it about time for the Rockets to have a fire sale???

JordansBulls
11-30-2010, 05:55 PM
Let's be honest, this team is not going anywhere this year or anytime soon.

There best players are 30+ years of age and older in Yao and Scola. Yao is constantly injured and there backcourt even though they can score provides no defense at all while at the same time there defensive stopper in Battier is pretty much losing his ability and rep as a defensive stopper.

Do you think it is time for the Rockets to consider rebuilding and having a firesale or do you think it is best to leave the team as is?

Hawkeye15
11-30-2010, 06:01 PM
they should obviously be putting their players on the market. I think the Bulls for instance would see if they could get Martin. I think there are some teams that could use Scola as well. The Rox would need to get back young talent, picks, and capspace I would guess, in their potential deals.

But they are for sure going nowhere, and their young talent is not enough to build on

Chronz
11-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Not until they give Yao time with the team. They can flip him and rebuild come midseason. They havent been as bad as people think all things considered.

central2003
11-30-2010, 06:35 PM
Ouch! well I know the Kings would love to get Aaron Brooks

magichatnumber9
11-30-2010, 06:40 PM
Not until they give Yao time with the team. They can flip him and rebuild come midseason. They havent been as bad as people think all things considered.
More like give Yao the boot.

Carey
11-30-2010, 07:00 PM
Id say no, they still have a pretty solid core and with 33 mill on the books for next season they can be real players in free agency

Chronz
11-30-2010, 07:10 PM
More like give Yao the boot.

Yaos been off the boot for awhile now

DerekRE_3
11-30-2010, 07:12 PM
We're having a fire sale!!!!

Forgive the arrested development reference.

jimbobjarree
11-30-2010, 07:15 PM
what happened to this team being a top 5/6 seed? Half of PSD seemed convinced.

D1JM
11-30-2010, 07:16 PM
they should obviously be putting their players on the market. I think the Bulls for instance would see if they could get Martin. I think there are some teams that could use Scola as well. The Rox would need to get back young talent, picks, and capspace I would guess, in their potential deals.

But they are for sure going nowhere, and their young talent is not enough to build on

:clap: :clap::clap:

hotpotato1092
11-30-2010, 07:20 PM
They have over 30 million dollars coming off the cap this offseason, my guess is Morey waits it out until then.

Chronz
11-30-2010, 07:25 PM
It could still happen but...
Didnt think Battier would decline, thought Yao would be back to form, thought Ariza could be replaced by Lee/Budinger but its clear his defense was more valuable than initially thought

Sixerlover
11-30-2010, 07:29 PM
Fire sales are overrated.

sep11ie
11-30-2010, 07:31 PM
This is the 3rd time you've started this exact thread.

wileyisTOFU
11-30-2010, 07:37 PM
balls

Klivlend
11-30-2010, 07:37 PM

Probably thought Yao was going to play at least 55 games.

Blazers#1Fan
11-30-2010, 07:42 PM
i think they should they could get some legit players in return for there players just keep brooks and they could get a SF PF C trade scola 2nd round pick to the thunder and get jeff green and send yao to ATL and get a maybe josh smith and send battier and get a center like Dalembert maybe even send martin and 2011 1st and 2013 first and get melo

S.Dalembert
J.Smith
J.Green
C.Anthony
A.Brooks

KingPosey
11-30-2010, 07:53 PM
Not yet. Their stud PG is hurt, Yao is still hurt. I would give it till the deadline. That team is stacked, and they still have an entire season to turn this around.
Not to mention the rockets seem to go on a run where they win 100 games in a row every year

IAmKira
11-30-2010, 08:51 PM
morey and fire sales dont go together. Sorry, that dude is just too good of a gm to be going fire sale. He will make the knicks or someone else fires sale instead.

IAmKira
11-30-2010, 08:52 PM
i think they should they could get some legit players in return for there players just keep brooks and they could get a SF PF C trade scola 2nd round pick to the thunder and get jeff green and send yao to ATL and get a maybe josh smith and send battier and get a center like Dalembert maybe even send martin and 2011 1st and 2013 first and get melo

S.Dalembert
J.Smith
J.Green
C.Anthony
A.Brooks

why would atl trade jsmooth when they have hartford at center? trading jsmooth for a cripple yao will literally cripple the team.

Raph12
11-30-2010, 09:02 PM
We'd want Martin or Scola...

John Walls Era
11-30-2010, 10:09 PM

S.Dalembert
J.Smith
J.Green
C.Anthony
A.Brooks

Those teams will not accept those terrible offers.

JasonJohnHorn
11-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Yes, they should have a fire sale. Yao's potential was always high, but injuries have turned him in to ralph sampson. I'm sure he will have a solid season or two playing fewer minutes, and be a servicable big man for another five years or so, even with injuries teams will still take a chance with him, so long as they dont have to hand out more than the MLE. The rest of the guys on that team are role players with no stars to play roles around. Best thing to do is clear out capspace, trade for some promising young players and draft picks, and hope you can pick up a couple quality guys in free agency.

Its like the old saying goes: $#!T or get off the pot. It seems like its time to get off the pot.

DreamShaker
11-30-2010, 10:48 PM
The Rockets really have no need for a fire sale. They have a talented roster and trade assets that could realistically bring in a star player without killing the core of the team.

Il Mago 7
11-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Th Raptors call Dibs on kevin Martin :P

xabial
11-30-2010, 11:10 PM
No, Any Team with Yao Out, and Aaron Out, and plays still plays AT .500, id be Impressed.

Blazers#1Fan
11-30-2010, 11:12 PM
why would atl trade jsmooth when they have hartford at center? trading jsmooth for a cripple yao will literally cripple the team.

horford is a natural PF

xabial
11-30-2010, 11:13 PM
morey and fire sales dont go together. Sorry, that dude is just too good of a gm to be going fire sale. He will make the knicks or someone else fires sale instead.

its too bad he couldnt get the #1 overall draft pick 1 year later. :D

Blazers#1Fan
11-30-2010, 11:13 PM
Th Raptors call Dibs on kevin Martin :P

naw portland already called shotgun when h got traded the first time so we got dibs then you can have him lol

Blazers#1Fan
11-30-2010, 11:19 PM
Those teams will not accept those terrible offers.

im pretty sure OKC would take scola for green since they wont resign green and they need a better true PF

and i think denver would take kmart and 2 1st for melo rather then a bunch of garbage at least that trade would keep em relevant

and i think the kings would take battier for dalembert then they could play cousins more

maybe not the josh smith where yao go's to ATl but horford is a natural PF and they would be better off with horford as a PF maybe send jordan hill & yao for smith

SouthSideRookie
12-01-2010, 12:00 AM
The Rockets really have no need for a fire sale. They have a talented roster and trade assets that could realistically bring in a star player without killing the core of the team.

I have a feeling that Morey is waiting for Dec 15th to make a trade from some comments he made recently. I think Iggy is as good as gone from Philly and supposedly the Rockets and Cavs are the frontrunners.

Gideon
12-01-2010, 12:39 AM
I just hope the Rockets have a worse record than the Knicks so they won't wanna swap picks in 2011 and all we will have given up to clear cap space is Jordan Hill and a 2012 1st rounder which by that time will be a late 1st rounder.

SouthSideRookie
12-01-2010, 01:42 AM
I just hope the Rockets have a worse record than the Knicks so they won't wanna swap picks in 2011 and all we will have given up to clear cap space is Jordan Hill and a 2012 1st rounder which by that time will be a late 1st rounder.

:eyebrow: I actually don't expect the Rockets to keep losing and so far the Knicks have had a really soft schedule, but even so it wouldn't suprise me if they made the playoffs since they do play in the east.

abe_froman
12-01-2010, 02:07 AM
I have a feeling that Morey is waiting for Dec 15th to make a trade from some comments he made recently. I think Iggy is as good as gone from Philly and supposedly the Rockets and Cavs are the frontrunners.

by dec 15 you guys might be in too deep of a hole that no star,no matter who he is, can be expected to dig you guys out.

but to the op:it was time to have a fire sale about a week or two ago

SouthSideRookie
12-01-2010, 02:10 AM
by dec 15 you guys might be in too deep of a hole that no star,no matter who he is can be expected to dig you guys out.

but to the op:it was time to have a fire sale about a week or two ago

I agree actually, to be honest I would not mind them tanking at this point. Like I said though, it sounds like they are not willing to go that route.

Geargo Wallace
12-01-2010, 02:24 AM
They've wanted Chris Bosh for a while. They should give up Scola and Brooks/someone.

JB0B0
12-01-2010, 02:42 AM
the bulls need to pursue a trade for Kevin Martin

zambo4president
12-01-2010, 03:08 AM

I distinctly remember arguing with many posters in the NBA forum before the season started about Houston, I was told by many that Houston could be the 2 seed if healthy:laugh2:

Lim
12-01-2010, 04:23 AM
no but phoenix should

Htownballa1622
12-01-2010, 11:48 AM
I distinctly remember arguing with many posters in the NBA forum before the season started about Houston, I was told by many that Houston could be the 2 seed if healthy:laugh2:

Yeah..ppl would argue it and say IF HEALTHY.

IndyRealist
12-01-2010, 12:20 PM

Take any team. Now take away their top 2 players and tell me how many games they'd win. If healthy Houston has a great team, but they're never healthy.

JordansBulls
12-01-2010, 01:21 PM
the bulls need to pursue a trade for Kevin Martin

Agree. Maybe the Rockets would take some talent in Bogans and James Johnson for him.

mikantsass
12-01-2010, 01:26 PM
^^^ I love how every discussion turns into the Bulls forum

The Rockets gave up Carl Landry to get K Martin last year, what makes you think they want to take two scrubs back for him

sep11ie
12-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Cuz JB thinks the Bulls can get gold for crap on every trade

Draco
12-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Martin's a popular name for who people would like the Bulls to get but I'd rather they acquire an above average defensive guard.

Weezy
12-01-2010, 02:17 PM
I agree actually, to be honest I would not mind them tanking at this point. Like I said though, it sounds like they are not willing to go that route.

Its too early for that. Let the season ride out a little more. I am guessing your schedule will get easier I would assume?

JB0B0
12-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Martin's a popular name for who people would like the Bulls to get but I'd rather they acquire an above average defensive guard.

Taj, JJ, Bogans, Kurt Thomas, Bulls 1st rounder

SouthSideRookie
12-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Yeah Martin isn't great on the defensive end but the Bulls need a 2 who can shot and most importantly knock down the three, which Martin does. The Bulls as a team have good enough defense to negate Martin's deficeincies IMO.

Its too early for that. Let the season ride out a little more. I am guessing your schedule will get easier I would assume?
You're right, the schedule gets alot easier this month. Yao and Aaron are coming back next week also.

Taj, JJ, Bogans, Kurt Thomas, Bulls 1st rounder
I like it, as long as Taj and the first rounder(Charlotte) is included.

JordansBulls
12-01-2010, 04:50 PM
^^^ I love how every discussion turns into the Bulls forum

The Rockets gave up Carl Landry to get K Martin last year, what makes you think they want to take two scrubs back for him

Obviously having a fire sell means trading players right?

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Spurs could use Shane!!!

mikantsass
12-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Obviously having a fire sell means trading players right?

True dat. Celts should chime in. How about Harangody, Erden, Wafer and Bradley for Martin Brooks and Scola. Oh wait the Celtics will throw in a draft pick.

JordansBulls
12-02-2010, 12:51 AM
Spurs could use Shane!!!

Agreed

OA SLAY
12-02-2010, 01:04 AM
3 years ago!

JordansBulls
12-02-2010, 09:33 AM
3 years ago!

regarding the fire sale or trading Shane?

thekmp211
12-02-2010, 09:38 AM
it's time. martin, battier and scola need to go. i'd love to see the following (for the sake of good team fit)

martin to the bulls -- high-efficiency wing scorer to pair with defensive minded brewer
scola to the magic -- how great would he look along side dwight?
battier to the mavericks -- sure he's regressed, but he's still an asset. the mavericks could use a long, versatile stopper against the lakers' and thunders' of the western conference.

yao needs to prove he's healthy. i'd be fascinated to see what a healthy yao could garner in the trade market. i can't imagine much would be given up.

JordansBulls
12-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Would Hawks/Rockets do a Joe Johnson for Yao swap?

dolfan720
12-02-2010, 02:45 PM
no considering the fact that we just beat an elite team like the lakers wtihout Brooks or Yao!!!!

Raph12
12-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Carter ($17m expiring) for Martin, Pietrus ($6m expiring) for Battier, Shard for Scola and Gortat for Yao. :D

JordansBulls
12-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Carter ($17m expiring) for Martin, Pietrus ($6m expiring) for Battier, Shard for Scola and Gortat for Yao. :D

Would you trade Vince still?

Dnovakovic099
12-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Damn I though Martin would be good on the Bulls, but imagine Scola on the Magic! Also, I hate the Magic! But damn that would be sick. A post up scorer that can rebound and make good passes to shooters and Dwight.

Dnovakovic099
12-02-2010, 05:49 PM
If I was Orlando I trade a couple first rounders and a bench player for Scola.

JordansBulls
12-03-2010, 09:55 AM
If I was Orlando I trade a couple first rounders and a bench player for Scola.

Why does Orlando need Scola???