VRP723
11-30-2010, 01:45 AM
Not for us :D

nithanyo
11-30-2010, 01:48 AM
ITs the offseason. Its not supposed to be thrilling and exciting

FeartheMachine2
11-30-2010, 01:49 AM
Although i love the fact u r a duke fan, you guys still will not win with ur rotation.

VRP723
11-30-2010, 01:59 AM
Although i love the fact u r a duke fan, you guys still will not win with ur rotation.

We have a Top 5 rotation in the National League :shrug:

iggypop123
11-30-2010, 02:52 AM
gm meeting will be full of exciting baseless rumors that ammount to nothing

theslick1
11-30-2010, 04:13 AM

Probably. Now, about that offense.....

robdizzle3
11-30-2010, 04:49 AM

True, but at lease get to talk baseball again and fans can get some hope of their team getting somebody.

misterd
11-30-2010, 10:12 AM

Woo hoo!

bagwell368
11-30-2010, 10:14 AM

In 2010, LAD had the 7th best team ERA - but much more to the point the 12th "best" team ERA+ at 96.

Kershaw is an ace, but Kuroda and Billingsley are above average #3 SP types. Kuroda is an old man getting paid very well, and he's a FA in 2012.

No sir, even in that cavernous park, and the cavernous SDP park in your division your pitching isn't that hot. Although I'll grant your SP is better then your pen - yeech..

dunedinjays
11-30-2010, 10:42 AM
Get a job, time will fly by much quicker

Young2Kinsler
11-30-2010, 11:36 AM
Time to make calls to the hotel where everyone is staying! Peter Gammons got really pissed when I called him 2 years ago.

Ian.
11-30-2010, 11:37 AM
It's not even December yet. Of course it's boring.

Ian.
11-30-2010, 11:38 AM
Time to make calls to the hotel where everyone is staying! Peter Gammons got really pissed when I called him 2 years ago.

:laugh2:

You should ask him which is better... CC or Lackey.

I hate that man.

Gunzito22
11-30-2010, 12:52 PM
True, but at lease get to talk baseball again and fans can get some hope of their team getting somebody.

oooooooor watch your team trade their franchise players for 3 prospects and a fruit basket... either way, really.

(talking to you Seattle....)

sep11ie
11-30-2010, 12:55 PM
I suggest going to bars, drinking, and introducing yourself to the female anatomy.

VRP723
11-30-2010, 12:59 PM
In 2010, LAD had the 7th best team ERA - but much more to the point the 12th "best" team ERA+ at 96.

Kershaw is an ace, but Kuroda and Billingsley are above average #3 SP types. Kuroda is an old man getting paid very well, and he's a FA in 2012.

No sir, even in that cavernous park, and the cavernous SDP park in your division your pitching isn't that hot. Although I'll grant your SP is better then your pen - yeech..

I don't even know where to begin....

Well actually I do. I really don't care about who you think is an ace and who you think is a 3 starter. I'd prefer to talk about stats, something that actually matters.

Billingsley and Kuroda are 5th and 6th the past three seasons in FIP and 9th and 11th in xFIP. Give them whatever made up rankings you want, they're both top 20 pitchers in the National League.

As for the bullpen, one year away from the best pen in baseball and you're giving up on Broxton, Belisario and Troncoso? Well luckily you're not working in the Dodger Front Office, because this bullpen is going to be elite again if they add another lefty. Jansen, Kuo and Broxton are a better top 3 then almost anyone can throw out there, add in Belisario, Troncoso and a FA and we're set.

ritz
11-30-2010, 01:31 PM
Twitter is going to blow up next week. Over/under Heyman using "baseball people say" 137 times?

koldjerky
11-30-2010, 01:41 PM
The Dodgers starters were also 2nd best in the Majors in FIP, 3rd best xFIP, and best tERA in the majors last season.

The relievers were 7th in FIP, 11th in xFIP, and 6th in tERA.

Overall 4th best team FIP, 6th best xFIP, and 4th best tERA.

I hate the Dodgers, but their pitching staff [last season] wasn't "not hot."

Young2Kinsler
11-30-2010, 01:48 PM
:laugh2:

You should ask him which is better... CC or Lackey.

I hate that man.

It was classic. I just made up a name and a newpaper that I worked for and started asking him about rumors and news. Then, at the end, I asked him if he thought world peace was ever possible, that's when he hung up. He was probably pissed I woke him up at about 1AM.

It's so stupid that it's easy to get ahold of those guys at the hotel. You just call the front desk and they will patch you strait to them! We called the hotel bar asking for Bobby Cox, but the bartender said he wasn't there :(

TheRuckus
11-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Twitter is going to blow up next week. Over/under Heyman using "baseball people say" 137 times?

Or everyone's favorite, "HEARD THIS:"

el_primo_nano
11-30-2010, 01:57 PM

:facepalm:
Giants
Phillies
Cards
Braves
Cincy have a better rotation than you guys.

VRP723
11-30-2010, 01:59 PM
The Dodgers starters were also 2nd best in the Majors in FIP, 3rd best xFIP, and best tERA in the majors last season.

The relievers were 7th in FIP, 11th in xFIP, and 6th in tERA.

Overall 4th best team FIP, 6th best xFIP, and 4th best tERA.

I hate the Dodgers, but their pitching staff [last season] wasn't "not hot."

And I'd love to see where we'd rank after we got Lilly, which made a big impact on the staff, even though at that point we were scoring 2 runs a game so it didn't matter.

VRP723
11-30-2010, 02:00 PM
Giants
Phillies
Cards
Braves

We're better than Cincinnati and deeper than the Cardinals.

el_primo_nano
11-30-2010, 02:05 PM
We'll see once the season starts. The Dodgers were supposed to win the WS the last 5 years and nothing. Who are your top 3?

VRP723
11-30-2010, 02:08 PM
Top 3 what?

DodgerB24
11-30-2010, 02:11 PM
Giants
Phillies
Cards
Braves

As VRP said, we have a better rotation than Cincy and Cards. So...:facepalm:

Kinsm
11-30-2010, 02:34 PM
I suggest going to bars, drinking, and introducing yourself to the female anatomy.

I second that. :clap:

This offseason is no different than past ones...just be happy the deadlines have actually been moved up this year.

el_primo_nano
11-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Top 3 what?

After Kershaw, who are the number 2 and 3 starters

VRP723
11-30-2010, 02:54 PM
Billingsley and Kuroda

iggypop123
11-30-2010, 02:59 PM
Giants
Phillies
Cards
Braves

:laugh:

Wrench
11-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Been ok for us Braves fans so far ;)

el_primo_nano
11-30-2010, 03:06 PM
Ok call me crazy or logical, I would take Carpenter over Kershaw today. Wainwright over Billingsly. AND Jamie Gracia over Kuroda. Lilly against Westbrook would be a toss up, as they had similar stats last year. Number 5 is always a toss up. So, how is your rotation better? (Im not a Cards fan)

Young2Kinsler
11-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Ok call me crazy or logical, I would take Carpenter over Kershaw today. Wainwright over Billingsly. AND Jamie Gracia over Kuroda. Lilly against Westbrook would be a toss up, as they had similar stats last year. Number 5 is always a toss up. So, how is your rotation better? (Im not a Cards fan)

Kershaw is better than Carpenter, who can never keep healthy. And Lilly is twice the pitcher Westbrook is.

el_primo_nano
11-30-2010, 03:12 PM
Kershaw is better than Carpenter, who can never keep healthy. And Lilly is twice the pitcher Westbrook is.

Kershaw IS NOT better than Carpenter and Lilly is an up and down pitcher, as we saw last year.

VRP723
11-30-2010, 03:13 PM

You're definitely in the small minority if you'd take Carpenter over Kershaw, Wainwright is clearly the best pitcher on the staff, so yeah, he's better than Billingsley. I would never take Jaime Garcia over Kuroda, nor is Lilly and Westbrook a toss up, Lilly's much better and much more durable, and Garland blows Loshe out of the water. You can't just say "Number 5 is always a toss up" when our 5 is a good pitcher and theres is meh.

VRP723
11-30-2010, 03:15 PM
Kershaw IS NOT better than Carpenter and Lilly is an up and down pitcher, as we saw last year.

Kershaw is SO much better than Carpenter, you couldn't be more wrong, it's not even close.

Yup, along with Garland being much better than Lohse and that sums up the matchup.

Banko
11-30-2010, 03:21 PM
You're definitely in the small minority if you'd take Carpenter over Kershaw, Wainwright is clearly the best pitcher on the staff, so yeah, he's better than Billingsley. I would never take Jaime Garcia over Kuroda, nor is Lilly and Westbrook a toss up, Lilly's much better and much more durable, and Garland blows Loshe out of the water. You can't just say "Number 5 is always a toss up" when our 5 is a good pitcher and theres is meh.

Wainwright is the best pitcher out of all the above.

VRP723
11-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Wainwright is the best pitcher out of all the above.

Yes he is, then it's Kershaw right behind him though.

fadedmario
11-30-2010, 03:41 PM

I called Bill Laimbeer drunk 7 years ago to talk Pistons

superabound
11-30-2010, 03:42 PM
It is pretty funny that while you guys can argue whose #4 pitcher is better, neither of your teams made the playoffs nor do they have that great of a chance of getting there this year, either. St. Louis is probably going to finish behind CinCin this year, and the Dodgers will be battling for last in their division with San Diego. Colorado is certainly on the way up, and the Giants are still the World Series defending champs.

superabound
11-30-2010, 03:45 PM
I forgot about Arizona. They don't count. They are just that bad.

detroitfans#1
11-30-2010, 04:00 PM
I called Bill Laimbeer drunk 7 years ago to talk Pistons

thats f***ing hilarious! did he actually talk to you? but i think that we have had a pretty good offseason so far. lets just hope that DD can pull the rabbit out of the hat like a couple of years ago with Miggy! lets shock the baseball world again!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

Brew Crew
11-30-2010, 04:06 PM
Jim Leyland and Don Zimmer are the funniest people to listen to after they do a little boozin'...And never ask Leyland about negative past baseball memories either

Cheezombie
11-30-2010, 04:38 PM
It is pretty funny that while you guys can argue whose #4 pitcher is better, neither of your teams made the playoffs nor do they have that great of a chance of getting there this year, either. St. Louis is probably going to finish behind CinCin this year, and the Dodgers will be battling for last in their division with San Diego. Colorado is certainly on the way up, and the Giants are still the World Series defending champs.

Are you really trying to predict the NL West?

jkiddvc20
11-30-2010, 04:45 PM
It was classic. I just made up a name and a newpaper that I worked for and started asking him about rumors and news. Then, at the end, I asked him if he thought world peace was ever possible, that's when he hung up. He was probably pissed I woke him up at about 1AM.

It's so stupid that it's easy to get ahold of those guys at the hotel. You just call the front desk and they will patch you strait to them! We called the hotel bar asking for Bobby Cox, but the bartender said he wasn't there :(

How the hell do you do this! I gotta know haha PM me

VRP723
11-30-2010, 04:50 PM
I spoke to Neal Huntington last Winter Meetings, it's really not that hard, just find out what hotel they're at and call the front desk.

WolvesJagsOs
11-30-2010, 04:57 PM
agreed, stuff should heat up.

robdizzle3
11-30-2010, 08:34 PM
oooooooor watch your team trade their franchise players for 3 prospects and a fruit basket... either way, really.

(talking to you Seattle....)

Hahaha.... Im happy with our first big addition in Uggla... Already excited.

Superfly
11-30-2010, 09:21 PM
It's half comical to watch the argument Dodger pitchers vs Cardinal pitchers. I'd have Wainwright and Carpenter any day of the week over any pitcher on the Dodger staff, just IMO. (And I'm a Brewer fan -- I know what bad pitching is :facepalm:)

robdizzle3
11-30-2010, 09:24 PM
True... It's not even close.. CC, Wainwright and Jaime is much better.

RTL
11-30-2010, 11:12 PM
I think its safe to say with all the outrageous contracts that have been thrown around (Buck, de la Rosa, Uribe, Tejada, etc) that the baseball economy is on the rise!! Holy ****!

North Country
11-30-2010, 11:12 PM
I don't even know where to begin....

Well actually I do. I really don't care about who you think is an ace and who you think is a 3 starter. I'd prefer to talk about stats, something that actually matters.

Billingsley and Kuroda are 5th and 6th the past three seasons in FIP and 9th and 11th in xFIP. Give them whatever made up rankings you want, they're both top 20 pitchers in the National League.

As for the bullpen, one year away from the best pen in baseball and you're giving up on Broxton, Belisario and Troncoso? Well luckily you're not working in the Dodger Front Office, because this bullpen is going to be elite again if they add another lefty. Jansen, Kuo and Broxton are a better top 3 then almost anyone can throw out there, add in Belisario, Troncoso and a FA and we're set.

But, but, but cavernous ballpark... Kuroda's old...

Darn stats.

Nirvanaskurdt
11-30-2010, 11:22 PM
The guy is arguing over the dodgers not being a top 5 pitching staff in the NL and then went on to argue LA vs STL pitching staff.. I think theres definitely an argument.

Kershaw
Billignsley
Kuroda
Lilly
Garland

I'll take that over STL and maybe even ATL but not by much :)

dodgersuck
11-30-2010, 11:48 PM
lol Dodgers fans butts get hurt so easily because the Giants won the world series :D I love it

Young2Kinsler
11-30-2010, 11:55 PM
How the hell do you do this! I gotta know haha PM me

Just find out what hotel they are at and call the front desk. Ask for who you want to talk to. If you want to actually talk to them for a while, impersonate a person that works for a newspaper. I am Mike Zitterich from the South Dakota Sun, lmao

VRP723
12-01-2010, 12:10 AM
lol Dodgers fans butts get hurt so easily because the Giants won the world series :D I love it

What's ironic is that you're so jealous of the Dodgers you named yourself after us :D

ChetSteadman
12-01-2010, 12:11 AM

The Giants will still own the Dodgers

dodgersuck
12-01-2010, 12:11 AM
haha ya got me :rolleyes:

DodgerB24
12-01-2010, 12:29 AM
The Giants will still own the Dodgers

How so?

VRP723
12-01-2010, 12:33 AM
How so?

Just a sidenote, Cain and Sanchez are a combined 4-13 against the Dodgers in their careers...

Should be a fun season :D

dodgersuck
12-01-2010, 12:37 AM
lol who gives a ****? we won the WS :D

VRP723
12-01-2010, 12:40 AM
It's wonderful I know, we won the World Series a bunch of times, I'm glad your GM is still hungover from the celebrating though while we're making signings and getting better.

dodgersuck
12-01-2010, 12:41 AM
rofl woohoo Garland and Uribe for a combined 27 million, great use of cash.

North Country
12-01-2010, 12:42 AM
It's wonderful I know, we won the World Series a bunch of times, I'm glad your GM is still hungover from the celebrating though while we're making signings and getting better.

And the trashtalking begins... :D

Man, that World Series stuff wears off fast.

VRP723
12-01-2010, 12:43 AM
We'll see then

iggypop123
12-01-2010, 12:56 AM
I think its safe to say with all the outrageous contracts that have been thrown around (Buck, de la Rosa, Uribe, Tejada, etc) that the baseball economy is on the rise!! Holy ****!

scot boras is probably saying to himself "thank you dodgers and giants. yo bell-tray, i think we have a shot at 5 yrs 90 million"

Swishalicious
12-01-2010, 01:10 AM
The guy is arguing over the dodgers not being a top 5 pitching staff in the NL and then went on to argue LA vs STL pitching staff.. I think theres definitely an argument.

Kershaw
Billignsley
Kuroda
Lilly
Garland

I think the Dodgers have a good starting staff.... but Id still take the Cardinals staff. Wainwright has the nastiest curveball in MLB.

Wainwright
Carpenter
Garcia
Westbrook
Lohse

I don't think Lohse is going to be in the #5 spot... and I hear STL has some young guns ready to compete for a spot in the rotation... so we'll see.

But otherwise, Id take the Cardinals 1-4 over the Dodgers 1-4. As for the fifth spot... that depends on who replaces Lohse WHEN Lohse is replaced (unless Lohse has a miracle season like he did in 2008).

RTL
12-01-2010, 01:19 AM
scot boras is probably saying to himself "thank you dodgers and giants. yo bell-tray, i think we have a shot at 5 yrs 90 million"

Don't forget the Rockies and Marlins.

marlinsfan24
12-01-2010, 10:29 AM
This off-season has been far from boring being a Marlins fan. We've been aggressive early and already have a stronger team now then we had last season on the first day of December.

el_primo_nano
12-01-2010, 01:25 PM

blaowwwwwwww RIGHT IN THE KISSER!!! :laugh::silly:
thats always fun to say. Oh man, all in all the Dodgers are making moves, but until they start living up to potential they will not make it past the 1st round. 09 was supposed to be "their year" and NADA. You could argue they had an even better team then, then what they have now so they just gotta go out there and play. Donnie has to push them to be better, and hopefully revive Broxton cause god knows Torre abused that guy's arm.

el_primo_nano
12-01-2010, 01:26 PM
This off-season has been far from boring being a Marlins fan. We've been aggressive early and already have a stronger team now then we had last season on the first day of December.

even without Dan Uggla?? hmmmmmm:eyebrow:

Double_R
12-01-2010, 01:45 PM
I don't like either the Dodgers or the Giants. but some of you Dodgers fans are laughable, the Giants just won the WS, they could care less about the Dodgers making some decent moves, but nothing mind blowing.

TheRuckus
12-01-2010, 02:11 PM
I spoke to Neal Huntington last Winter Meetings, it's really not that hard, just find out what hotel they're at and call the front desk.

Why Huntington of all people? And what did you talk about?

DodgerB24
12-01-2010, 02:27 PM
I don't like either the Dodgers or the Giants. but some of you Dodgers fans are laughable, the Giants just won the WS, they could care less about the Dodgers making some decent moves, but nothing mind blowing.

Giant fans are laughable. They win one WS in 56 years and they act like they're the greatest ****ing franchise in baseball.

dodgersuck
12-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Lol Dodgers sign Uribe to a ****** deal and their fans act like they just landed Albert Pujols

ATL#22
12-01-2010, 02:39 PM

Kershaw
Billignsley
Kuroda
Lilly
Garland

NO. Hanson, Hudson, Lowe, JJ, Minor, Beachy, Teheran. Possibly the deepest pitching staff in baseball.

bringinwood
12-01-2010, 02:53 PM
NO. Hanson, Hudson, Lowe, JJ, Minor, Beachy, Teheran. Possibly the deepest pitching staff in baseball.

I'd pass on that to have the Giants, Phillies, Red Sox, Cardinals, or Marlins staffs...

papipapsmanny
12-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Marlins staff?

Corey
12-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Marlins staff?

Johnson, Nolasco, Volstad, Vazquez, Sanchez.

Pretty solid.

VRP723
12-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Why Huntington of all people? And what did you talk about?

I tried Colletti and Hendry and they both had secretaries, Huntington's assistant just put him on the phone haha. I asked him if the rumors about the Dodgers being interested in Paul Maholm were true lol.

Halladay
12-01-2010, 04:22 PM

I think I've heard that statement come from every single fanbase on this site at any given time.

MetsLegacy
12-01-2010, 04:32 PM
I think I've heard that statement come from every single fanbase on this site at any given time.

I can attest that the Mets don't have the deepest pitching staff in baseball!

They also don't have the best offense!

They're only the best at making me feel like a fool every time I believe. Year in and year out!

ATL#22
12-01-2010, 04:44 PM
I'd pass on that to have the Giants, Phillies, Red Sox, Cardinals, or Marlins staffs...

A. I didn't say the best (even then they are still better then the Marlins). B. The Braves are deeper then the Cardinals, Marlins, and Phillies. (Deep meaning if someone gets injured or struggles the team has a plan B.)

ATL#22
12-01-2010, 04:45 PM

Not many teams have a top 10 and 3 top 100 prospects fighting for the 5th spot.

TheRuckus
12-01-2010, 04:53 PM
I tried Colletti and Hendry and they both had secretaries, Huntington's assistant just put him on the phone haha. I asked him if the rumors about the Dodgers being interested in Paul Maholm were true lol.

:laugh2: That's awesome. Was that the extent of the conversation?

I'd try to call Amaro if I could punch him through the phone.

VRP723
12-01-2010, 05:00 PM
:laugh2: That's awesome. Was that the extent of the conversation?

I'd try to call Amaro if I could punch him through the phone.

The whole conversation was

VRP - "Hello, is this Mr. Huntington?"
NH - "Yes"
VRP - "Alright, well this is (Made-Up Name) with the St. Louis Dispatch, and I was just trying to verify a rumor, is it true that the Dodgers have contacted you about Paul Maholm?"
NH - "Hmm, well I really can't comment about things like that, but it's not a bad idea."
VRP - "Alright, thanks anyway"
NH - "I will say that's an interesting idea though"
VRP - "OK, thank you."

CityofTreez
12-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Not many teams have a top 10 and 3 top 100 prospects fighting for the 5th spot.

Giants. They had a Plan B and that was Madison Bumgarner and he lit it up. I say the Giants may have the deepest right now

TO Rapz
12-01-2010, 05:11 PM

NH - "Yes"
VRP - "Alright, well this is (Made-Up Name) with the St. Louis Dispatch, and I was just trying to verify a rumor, is it true that the Dodgers have contacted you about Paul Maholm?"
NH - "Hmm, well I really can't comment about things like that, but it's not a bad idea."
VRP - "OK, thank you."

:laugh: thats awesome man

TheRuckus
12-01-2010, 05:21 PM

NH - "Yes"
VRP - "OK, thank you."

Haha, I wonder if he bought your cover or knew you were full of **** and humored you.

iggypop123
12-01-2010, 05:26 PM
VRP you gotta make some more calls. see if you can get kim ng on the phone or something

fadedmario
12-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Crawford is going to Detroit

Young2Kinsler
12-01-2010, 06:17 PM
VRP, we should host a chat room, where we call people and let everyone else listen!

KingPosey
12-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Kershaw is better than Carpenter, who can never keep healthy. And Lilly is twice the pitcher Westbrook is.hahahahahahahahaha

VRP723
12-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Haha, I wonder if he bought your cover or knew you were full of **** and humored you.

If he was just ****ing with me than he's a pretty awesome dude.

VRP you gotta make some more calls. see if you can get kim ng on the phone or something

If I call the Dodgers I fear that I'll end up cursing at someone.

VRP, we should host a chat room, where we call people and let everyone else listen!

I'm in.

KingPosey
12-01-2010, 06:31 PM

what are you smoking brotha?

VRP723
12-01-2010, 06:33 PM
what are you smoking brotha?

Statistics, brotha, I'm smoking statistics

KingPosey
12-01-2010, 06:39 PM
their stats from last year is completely different than most people thinking kershaw is a better pitcher than carpenter.

StriveGreatness
12-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Detroit is busy :)

I foresee Carl Crawford in the old English D.

Zmaster52
12-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Statistics, brotha, I'm smoking statistics

Be careful, you can get cancer.

iggypop123
12-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Detroit is busy :)

I foresee Carl Crawford in the old English D.

where you getting your info from? havent heard **** about detroit and crawford

THINKBLUE15
12-01-2010, 08:25 PM
A San Fran fellow accusing others of getting their butts hurt? Irony.

And yes, you did win the WS. Congratulations. I wish you could handle it with more class.

Now we are tied.

Lol Dodgers sign Uribe to a ****** deal and their fans act like they just landed Albert Pujols
When? I've seen nothing but, "Okay deal. Happy with it. Better than Theriot"....yea...we are really acting like we signed Pujols.

You sir are pretty disrespectful and childish.

yankeefan54
12-01-2010, 08:25 PM
hahahahahahahahaha

no its not funny at all kershaw is better and really not close considering age and the fact that carpenter is injury proned and if you would take him over kershaw then you really dont know baseball.

KingPosey
12-01-2010, 09:00 PM
^
whatever you say man. Kershaw is younger, and that ups his value a ton, but he is not better. If I had one game to win and had to choose between those 2 im not choosing clay to bring home the W.

Your boy AJ proves that one good season does not make a pitcher better than another. And its not like Kershaw **** all over Carp's stats last year even. He hada better overall season no doubt, but again, thats ONE season. Carp arguably should have won the cy the year before, when Kershaw had an era in the mid
4s

ATL#22
12-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Giants. They had a Plan B and that was Madison Bumgarner and he lit it up. I say the Giants may have the deepest right now

Right last year Bum was plan B but now he is part of the rotation. Who is plan B now if a starter struggles or gets injured?

Young2Kinsler
12-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Right last year Bum was plan B but now he is part of the rotation. Who is plan B now if a starter struggles or gets injured?

Their plan B is a prospect, which means not alot, just like you talking about all these Braves prospects for the rotation.

VRP723
12-01-2010, 10:08 PM
^
whatever you say man. Kershaw is younger, and that ups his value a ton, but he is not better. If I had one game to win and had to choose between those 2 im not choosing Sammy to bring home the W.

Your boy AJ proves that one good season does not make a pitcher better than another. And its not like Kershaw **** all over Carp's stats last year even. He hada better overall season no doubt, but again, thats ONE season. Carp arguably should have won the cy the year before, when Kershaw had an era in the mid
4s

Kershaw's ERA was better last year than this year. Wanna make more stuff up?

DodgersFanFor23
12-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Thing is Kershaw is getting better... Don't be surprised if he's a top 5 pitcher for next season and on.

RTL
12-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Their plan B is a prospect, which means not alot, just like you talking about all these Braves prospects for the rotation.

A prospect? Who? I would be curious to know

KingPosey
12-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Kershaw's ERA was better last year than this year. Wanna make more stuff up?

I was wrong, but carpenter **** on him during his career year 2 years ago.

ritz
12-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Who cares what happened 2 years ago?

papipapsmanny
12-02-2010, 02:55 PM
I would easily take Kershaw over Carpenter.

Hell I might pick Kershaw first if Im starting my rotation around someone

Very Lester-like but only 22

Super.
12-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Kershaw is ****ing dirty.

wtbaseball
12-02-2010, 03:34 PM
The Astros have the best rotation.
Myers
Wandy
Happ
????
??????
Yall dont know anything haha JK
Giants have the best rotation who cares about 2nd best?

Bob Loblaw
12-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Well one guy who wont be traded is old man Moyer who just had TJ surgery, hes planning to comeback from it too

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5872889