PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Roy close 2 being shut down

TheHoopsProphet
11-29-2010, 09:52 PM
http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/26135302

The Blazers are a team without rhythm or timing, and the prospects look grim for them to be a team with a healthy Roy for the long haul. It’s a young season, they kept saying. But it gets older by the day as Roy’s struggles become more difficult to watch.

With free-agent shooting guard Wesley Matthews eager for a bigger role and capable of justifying his five-year, $32 million contract, it makes you wonder if it might be best for everyone involved to shut Roy down indefinitely so he has a chance to be a factor come playoff time. McMillan sent Matthews out with the starters at the beginning of the third quarter, in place of Nicolas Batum, and the reasons he gave were eye-opening. Accurate, but eye-opening.

McMillan said he was looking for some “scrappiness” and “fire,” and turned to Matthews to supply it. These are things that Roy brings on a nightly basis, except now, when he can’t.

The only problem with my solution is that there’s a good chance it might not help. Privately, Blazers officials are optimistic that the training staff, Roy and McMillan will be able to find a way to manage his injury and keep him effective enough – often enough – to carry them where they need to go. But that isn’t working so far, and it’s worth wondering if the alternative would work better. Let your superstar get better – or at least try – and figure out how to close games with Matthews doing what Roy used to do.

“We’re at a tough point right now, but it’s a young season,” Roy said. “We’ve lost three games in a row and we’re .500, so yeah, it’s a difficult time. We’ve got to stick together and find out what we’re made of.”

TheHoopsProphet
11-29-2010, 09:55 PM
my man B-Rep has only a USG rate of 24.96 this yere, and that rate has steadly declined over past few years. seems Blazers are preparing for him to slowlee be not part of their five years plan

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 09:58 PM
the title was so promising, but I was looking for the old poopsprophet writing that ive come to know and love and I didnt get that. :(

MattColby
11-29-2010, 10:07 PM
shuted down. LOL.

dnewguy
11-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Is "shuted" in the English language? I may be wrong.

Hawkeye15
11-29-2010, 10:10 PM
I fixed the title, since our OP has a history of being hilarious, yet offensive at times.

goblazers7
11-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Shuted down... Haha its funny because one of my classmates spelt it like that today, and he's 18. OP needs to fix that and the '2' needs to be 'to'

Chacarron
11-29-2010, 10:15 PM
Shuted down... Haha its funny because one of my classmates spelt it like that today, and he's 18. OP needs to fix that and the '2' needs to be 'to'

Spelt, really? Sorry I couldn't help myself.

soundjunkies2
11-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Spelt, really? Sorry I couldn't help myself.

:laugh2:

Ironic isn't it.

IAmKira
11-29-2010, 10:18 PM
Is "shuted" in the English language? I may be wrong.

omgz is that akon in ur sig? :laugh2:

GeekInThePink
11-29-2010, 10:20 PM
omgz is that akon in ur sig? :laugh2:

+1:p

Kinglorious
11-29-2010, 10:21 PM
Wow, Portland really can't catch a break. :pity: It's a wonder that they were able to pull through last season and make the playoffs. Funny, this team has such bad luck with all their injuries (especially Oden, also Prysbilla last season) yet they have the league's Iron Man in Andre Miller who hasn't missed a game in over 3 seasons. (I'm not sure if he's missed a game this season or not, sorry.)

TheHoopsProphet
11-29-2010, 10:24 PM
unless i write reserch paper in english class, grammer is not impotent.

this thread is about brendan "strawberry smoothie" roy's health and/or blazers and/or luke walton senior and/or strawberry smoothies-please stay on these topics.

mjt20mik
11-29-2010, 11:21 PM
^
Lol. This guys never fails to amaze me. You make my day sir.

dnewguy
11-29-2010, 11:28 PM
+1:p

No, that's a top 100 C in our league. Stop been disrespectful.

dnewguy
11-29-2010, 11:30 PM
:laugh2:

Ironic isn't it.

Dude, you must be uneducated. Spelt is actually the past tense of Spell in real English, in America, we use spelled. The guy was right.

soundjunkies2
11-30-2010, 12:47 AM
Dude, you must be uneducated. Spelt is actually the past tense of Spell in real English, in America, we use spelled. The guy was right.

I made a mistake.. my bad. But they're both past tense to spell so they're both right.

iFYouSeekAmy
11-30-2010, 03:00 AM
the title was so promising, but I was looking for the old poopsprophet writing that ive come to know and love and I didnt get that. :(

I KNOW. Too bad he didn't make up Brandon Roy's name this time.

robdizzle3
11-30-2010, 05:08 AM
You know your team is destined to injury when your coach breaks his leg... They dont have any luck whatsoever, but I wish Roy a healthy recovery, but that's gonna be tough when you play on or wih the injury night in and night out.