PDA

View Full Version : Pushing The Panic Button on the Heat: If 1 of the 3 Were To Go Who Would It Be?

jkcronyn
11-29-2010, 04:17 PM
I'm not talking this year but before their contracts are up, do you think any of them leave, and if so, who?

gilly
11-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Lebron/Anthony for Deng/Noah

lol

abe_froman
11-29-2010, 04:21 PM
i dunno who,but yes i think one will leave before their contract is up..right now my guess would be bosh

RIPSweetness34
11-29-2010, 04:25 PM
I say Bosh and Lebron stay and the Heat end up trying to trade D Wade since he's older and more beat up. Build around Bron and Bosh with extra cap/trade and draft picks for D Wade.

Baller1
11-29-2010, 04:29 PM
I say Bosh and Lebron stay and the Heat end up trying to trade D Wade since he's older and more beat up. Build around Bron and Bosh with extra cap/trade and draft picks for D Wade.

That would be the smartest thing to do.

abe_froman
11-29-2010, 04:31 PM
i cant see that happening,with what wade is to heat(and heat fans).thats the guy above all all there

tangent12
11-29-2010, 04:34 PM
My guess would be LeBron. This is just part of LeBrons journey, having the chance to team up with Wade and Bosh and see what they can accomplish together. It is more of a freak show kind of thing that I don't see lasting beyond his contract expiration. I honestly think he'll finish his career in Cleveland.

hoopsguy820
11-29-2010, 04:37 PM
i cant see that happening,with what wade is to heat(and heat fans).thats the guy above all all there

100% agree!!! He brought them a championship, then James and Bosh come and it's Wade's fault. I just don't see that happening. What is also difficult is that if Wade soesn't go, you can't let Bosh go because Lebron and Wade don't gell, and there is no way Lebron would go anywhere. So seeing someone go, i don't think it'll happen during the contract no matter how bad it gets.

PurpleJesus
11-29-2010, 04:37 PM
What RIPSweetness posted would probably be the smart thing to do, but like Abe said, Wade means too much to Miami. I think it would be the dumbest thing to trade Lebron as you are basically guarenteed the playoffs every year by just having him on the team. I think Bosh is the most likely to be moved because his contract is reasonable, and a team that needs an athletic big could make a move for him hoping that he can be the guy he was in toronto. I dont think anyone will laeve though, I just think Bosh is the best candidate. No one will move because all 3 of these players are much better than they are playing, and because they are so talented, they will eventually play well in Miami

J_M_B
11-29-2010, 04:40 PM
They are 16 games into their 6 year deals..

If they go on to win multiple championships, then why leave?

tangent12
11-29-2010, 04:41 PM
They are 16 games into their 6 year deals..

If they go on to win multiple championships, then why leave?

... Or if they continue sucking like they are, which is a fact not an "if" so that's the reality of things right now... why stay?

Giraffes Rule
11-29-2010, 04:47 PM
Oh, we're talking about the Heat. When I see Big 3 I think of the Celtics still...

ttam68
11-29-2010, 05:17 PM
My guess would be LeBron. This is just part of LeBrons journey, having the chance to team up with Wade and Bosh and see what they can accomplish together. It is more of a freak show kind of thing that I don't see lasting beyond his contract expiration. I honestly think he'll finish his career in Cleveland.

Really? After all thats happened?

wmudford
11-29-2010, 06:23 PM
3 way trade:

miami: Melo/pick

denver: deng/gibson/picks

chicago: lebron

finalverse
11-29-2010, 06:27 PM
Doubt it. They are going through a tough strech but it will get better. I'm sure they question their decisions once in a while but overall they probably wouldn't want to admit they were wrong. Now...the Heat might one day make the decision for them and trade one of them.

jp611
11-29-2010, 06:49 PM
3 way trade:

miami: Melo/pick

denver: deng/gibson/picks

chicago: lebron

no thanks, really don't want lebron or melo on our team... we're a championship contender the way we're currently built

Patman
11-29-2010, 06:53 PM
Oh, we're talking about the Heat. When I see Big 3 I think of the Celtics still...

As a Spurs fan it should be TD / TP / Manu, they were the big three before there was a big 3 with the Celtics ;)

ChiSox219
11-29-2010, 06:54 PM
"Do either of the 'big 3' leave"

"Do any of the 'big 3' leave"

If Wade meant so much to Miami fans, I would think they would sell out more often than they did last year.

100% agree!!! He brought them a championship, then James and Bosh come and it's Wade's fault. I just don't see that happening. What is also difficult is that if Wade soesn't go, you can't let Bosh go because Lebron and Wade don't gell, and there is no way Lebron would go anywhere. So seeing someone go, i don't think it'll happen during the contract no matter how bad it gets.

In case you missed this past summer, loyalty doesn't exist in the NBA.

Best move would be to trade Wade for a big man that can bang on both ends of the court.

J_M_B
11-29-2010, 07:42 PM
"Do any of the 'big 3' leave"

If Wade meant so much to Miami fans, I would think they would sell out more often than they did last year.

We have sold out every game..

The fans are pathetic, so the seats don't fill up until the 6 minute mark in the 1st quarter.

hgtiger32
11-29-2010, 07:52 PM
Just thinking here, but if these 3 can't play together could you see one of the big 3 traded?

Trade Wade: Older than James, so Heat move forward with LeBron and Bosh as corner stones

Trade LeBron: Stick with face of franchise in Wade cuz the 2 can't play together so Wade and Bosh can run pick and rolls, and surround Wade with talent or players in return for LeBron

Trade Bosh: Trading Bosh in order to get a true force in the post, however he has a terrible contract so that would be hard

Thoughts?!?!

John Walls Era
11-29-2010, 07:56 PM
Is talking about the Heat all people do now-a-day? Non of them will be traded this season so just stop.

mjt20mik
11-29-2010, 07:57 PM
This should be merged with the other thread regarding the possibility of one of the Big three being traded.

hgtiger32
11-29-2010, 07:58 PM
Is talking about the Heat all people do now-a-day? Non of them will be traded this season so just stop.

I said IF. If the Heat were to trade one of them which would you do? Simple question...

John Walls Era
11-29-2010, 08:00 PM
I said IF. If the Heat were to trade one of them which would you do? Simple question...

Theres been like 500 of these threads. You don't see them because they're closed. Simple thing to understand...

Chacarron
11-29-2010, 08:02 PM
Lebron would give you the most talent in return.

Cano4prez
11-29-2010, 08:06 PM
Lerbon would give you the most talent back. Definitely not Bosh, and loyalty would keep Wade

CountSackula
11-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Maybe PSD needs to have a Heat Index seeing as most of the Top 10 Threads on the homepage is about the Heat. :eyebrow:

knicks=love
11-29-2010, 08:17 PM
bosh because he's not even good. he's a lanky mother****er who can't play basketball even if his life depended on it. no way they trade wade, ever. and lebron, yeah i don't think so

Avenged
11-29-2010, 08:18 PM
The Heat wouldn't trade Wade..

Sounds foolish to trade a player like Lebron..

My bet would be on Bosh.. Although Wade/Bosh duo could probably do wonders..

None of it will happen.

Bigbadmoffo
11-29-2010, 08:18 PM
Imagine what they could get for lebron. If they traded him they would be an instant success.

Bigbadmoffo
11-29-2010, 08:20 PM
Theres been like 500 of these threads. You don't see them because they're closed. Simple thing to understand...

First time i seen this poll.

Doneit
11-29-2010, 08:33 PM
bosh because he's not even good. he's a lanky mother****er who can't play basketball even if his life depended on it. no way they trade wade, ever. and lebron, yeah i don't think so

c;mon stop hating you know bosh is talented.

Cano4prez
11-29-2010, 08:35 PM

Better than Amare

Slimsim
11-29-2010, 08:35 PM
LBJ beside i can see LBJ wanting out of Miami if they fail to give him a Championship

ink
11-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Just thinking here, but if these 3 can't play together could you see one of the big 3 traded?

Trade Wade: Older than James, so Heat move forward with LeBron and Bosh as corner stones

Trade LeBron: Stick with face of franchise in Wade cuz the 2 can't play together so Wade and Bosh can run pick and rolls, and surround Wade with talent or players in return for LeBron

Trade Bosh: Trading Bosh in order to get a true force in the post, however he has a terrible contract so that would be hard

Thoughts?!?!

btw, Bosh has a fantastic contract. He's in the wrong situation. Put him beside Yao or Noah and see just how fantastic his contract is.

JordansBulls
11-29-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm not talking this year but before their contracts are up, do you think any of them leave, and if so, who?

Lebron because it is Wade's team.

Doneit
11-29-2010, 08:42 PM
btw, Bosh has a fantastic contract. He's in the wrong situation. Put him beside Yao or Noah and see just how fantastic his contract is.

what is it ? 6 years 110 mill, thats far from fantastic.

T-Smooth
11-29-2010, 08:43 PM
None. Its been 17 games! Come on now guys

BcEuAbRsS
11-29-2010, 08:45 PM

To fix this problem the celtics will now be called the Good 3... problem solved and now nobody will be confused...

Blazers#1Fan
11-29-2010, 08:50 PM
trade bosh to denver in a 3 team trade with CHI

DEN GETS: BOSH,DENG,GIBSON,BIGZ,CHALMERS,1st round pick(CHI)
MIA GETS: Billups,Harrington
CHI GETS: MELO

MIA
ANTHONY
HARRINGTON
JAMES
WADE
BILLUPS

CHI
NOAH
BOOZER
MELO
KORVER,BREWER
ROSE

DEN
NENE/ANDERSON/BIGZ
BOSH/GIBSON/MARTIN
DENG
SMITH
LAWSON/CHALMERS

ink
11-29-2010, 08:50 PM
what is it ? 6 years 110 mill, thats far from fantastic.

It's not horrible. Amare makes a lot more. Pau makes more. In the right situation (i.e. protected by a good C) his value would shoot right up.

BigBlueCrew
11-29-2010, 08:53 PM
this thread is "like a bosh"!. geez

king4day
11-29-2010, 08:57 PM
A good story could be Wade getting dealt and then winning a title with his new team.

Bosh seems the logical choice, but they really need a big man or a PG.
You can probably get Brook Lopez for him. That's a no brainer.

ink
11-29-2010, 09:00 PM
A good story could be Wade getting dealt and then winning a title with his new team.

Bosh seems the logical choice, but they really need a big man or a PG.
You can probably get Brook Lopez for him. That's a no brainer.

IMO Bosh and Wade or Bosh and Lebron would be more valuable than keeping the two guys that both need the ball. Wade and Lebron together are as much of an issue as the lack of a big. Trade Lebron and you could get both the big and the PG that the Heat need.

Mplsman
11-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Bosh is the odd man out.

jkcronyn
11-29-2010, 09:05 PM
anyone feel like bosh shoulda just signed with cleveland?

Ebbs
11-29-2010, 09:08 PM

Thats my guess as well.

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-29-2010, 09:15 PM
anyone feel like bosh shoulda just signed with cleveland?

I was just thinking that. Bosh would've been a significant upgrade over Jamison to go along with that supporting cast he and Lebron would've had...but as a Bulls fan I say thank god that didn't happen even though we would've likely ended up getting Wade :D

Sixerlover
11-29-2010, 09:17 PM
LeBron > Wade and Bosh in terms of talent and age.
Wade > Bosh in terms of talent
Bosh > Wade in terms of age and position of need.

Loyalties aside, I say trade Wade for a very good, defensive center and a solid 6th man and 7th man and go from there.

Doneit
11-29-2010, 09:18 PM
It's not horrible. Amare makes a lot more. Pau makes more. In the right situation (i.e. protected by a good C) his value would shoot right up.

bosh isnt as good as pau. and bosh is getting paid upto 20 + mill a year in his final years. that is hefty.

ink
11-29-2010, 09:30 PM
bosh isnt as good as pau. and bosh is getting paid upto 20 + mill a year in his final years. that is hefty.

I agree that Bosh is not as good as Pau. But salaries rarely reflect actual ability. They reflect the market and the market was white hot this summer. That's why virtually 90% of Raptors fans did NOT want him to be re-signed as a max player. He's good, but we did not want a team built around him. He's a good complementary piece though and he would have looked amazing on the Bulls.

Blazers#1Fan
11-29-2010, 09:39 PM
trade bosh to denver in a 3 team trade with CHI

DEN GETS: BOSH,DENG,GIBSON,BIGZ,CHALMERS,1st round pick(CHI)
MIA GETS: Billups,Harrington
CHI GETS: MELO

MIA
ANTHONY
HARRINGTON
JAMES
WADE
BILLUPS

CHI
NOAH
BOOZER
MELO
KORVER,BREWER
ROSE

DEN
NENE/ANDERSON/BIGZ
BOSH/GIBSON/MARTIN
DENG
SMITH
LAWSON/CHALMERS

this lol

Corey
11-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Realistically, I'd look to trade Lebron for a point guard and a center.

LAC, Memphis, Indiana, Washington, Sacramento, Golden state..hmmm

ChiSox219
11-29-2010, 09:44 PM
We have sold out every game..

The fans are pathetic, so the seats don't fill up until the 6 minute mark in the 1st quarter.

I said last year year, when the Heat sold just over 90% of their tickets. That was good for 16th in the league, behind team like Utah, San Antonio, and Oklahoma City.

Flojo
11-29-2010, 09:53 PM
Lebron. Heat would likely get the most value of of him. Bosh may not be playing like a star, but I think redistributing the touches which Lebron gets to Bosh et all will really help him get into more of a rhythm. Similarly I like the dynamic of Wade and Bosh, and doubt Wade would be traded.

FlashMacker
11-29-2010, 10:18 PM
Bosh should've just went to Cleveland

el_primo_nano
11-29-2010, 10:23 PM
Wade would never leave it's his team.
Nobody would be willing to take Bosh's contract
Riley would step down before trading James.

Doneit
11-29-2010, 10:23 PM
I agree that Bosh is not as good as Pau. But salaries rarely reflect actual ability. They reflect the market and the market was white hot this summer. That's why virtually 90% of Raptors fans did NOT want him to be re-signed as a max player. He's good, but we did not want a team built around him. He's a good complementary piece though and he would have looked amazing on the Bulls.

sometimes i wonder if he'd do well here. but it looks like he's been lazy this summer and not working on his game.

el_primo_nano
11-29-2010, 10:24 PM
although it would be sexy to see Lebron playing alongside Blake Griffin/Dwight Howard

hotpotato1092
11-29-2010, 10:28 PM
From a basketball standpoint: Trade Wade, he's the oldest and honestly LeBron's just better

From a PR standpoint: Trade Bosh, they could get good value and trading Wade or LeBron would be seen as admitting defeat, and I think LeBron and Wade are capable of winning together with the right pieces around them.

What I think will actually happen: I think if they don't win in the first two years things will start getting heated (pun intended), people will be angry, and if they don't win by year three LeBron is the one who asks out, he'd still be in his prime and there are 28 teams (I'm guessing you know which team I'm excluding) that would love to have him.

WatWoudJordanDo
11-29-2010, 11:05 PM
lebron for granger/hibbert/picks? its honestly the only deal i could think of that makes sense for both sides and really isnt that lopsided

ChiSox219
11-29-2010, 11:11 PM
lebron for granger/hibbert/picks? its honestly the only deal i could think of that makes sense for both sides and really isnt that lopsided

Wade for Bogut/Jennings

Heat get a big man that can bang on both ends of the floor + an outside shooting PG that can play like Mo Williams did when he had Lebron

Bucks get a superstar in a market that desperately needs on. Milwaukee is the least valuable team in the NBA and has trouble producing revenue. Even if they aren't better from a basketball stand point, more people will show up to see Wade, the Marquette product.

Wade plays close to home, I believe that divorce case is still going on. He plays for a competitive team that has a ton of cap space during the upcoming off season. He's clearly the loser in this scenario but it's not like he's going to Vancouver or Turkey.

jdmd3
11-30-2010, 12:39 AM
No matter how bad the Heat performs this year, they should still try to see how things workout for atleast one season. With that said, it should be Lebron who gets traded.

Lebron James may be better from a talent, age, and injury perspective compared to Wade, but he's shown this year that his main concern is his own brand, stats, and getting things done in his own way. The oncourt antics with the picture taking and dancing, the elbow, the decision, the refusal to admit any form of fault with the way he delivered his decision, the complain about playing too many minutes despite averaging significantly less minutes per game, the commercial, the bump, and so on. The man just brings way too much drama with him.

Stickng with Wade, the player who has lead a team to the championship with far less complaints, drama, and finger pointing, would be a wiser choice because he's the better leader.

Use Lebron to get honest hard working players who don't view themselves being above the team that are complementary to both Wade and Bosh. Lebron's attitude really isn't a good fit for a team that wants to become a dynasty.

Raph12
11-30-2010, 12:45 AM
Lebron for everyone on the Magic roster besides Dwight!

pd1dish
11-30-2010, 01:02 AM
the current problem is that lebron and wade cant figure out how to play together. if this can never be fixed, then obviously there would be some consideration for trading one of the big 3. they wouldnt even consider bosh because he actually would fit in great with just one of them. they wouldnt trade wade because they will be loyal to the guy that has been there his whole career and brought them a championship. they would trade lebron. and honestly, lebron is such a hot commodity that they would still be legit championship contenders because they will be able to get so much value for him.

im not saying that this happens...just that if 3 years down the block they havent contended yet, then a trade will most likely be in consideration.

hgtiger32
11-30-2010, 02:29 AM
Wade for Bogut/Jennings

Heat get a big man that can bang on both ends of the floor + an outside shooting PG that can play like Mo Williams did when he had Lebron

Bucks get a superstar in a market that desperately needs on. Milwaukee is the least valuable team in the NBA and has trouble producing revenue. Even if they aren't better from a basketball stand point, more people will show up to see Wade, the Marquette product.

Wade plays close to home, I believe that divorce case is still going on. He plays for a competitive team that has a ton of cap space during the upcoming off season. He's clearly the loser in this scenario but it's not like he's going to Vancouver or Turkey.

haha trust me as a Bucks fan they wouldn't do that. Jennings and Bogut are our team. If you would do that trade you have Wade, Delfino, Douglas-Roberts, Salmons, and Magette at the 2 or 3...lol no way that would work.

SouthSideRookie
11-30-2010, 03:31 AM
None. Its been 17 games! Come on now guys

Their only wins have been primarily to bad teams, notice the pattern?

Lebron won't ever be traded, if they fail to win the first three seasons or so, I can see him asking for a trade.

ChiSox219
11-30-2010, 08:43 PM
haha trust me as a Bucks fan they wouldn't do that. Jennings and Bogut are our team. If you would do that trade you have Wade, Delfino, Douglas-Roberts, Salmons, and Magette at the 2 or 3...lol no way that would work.

You have Redd's expiring or cap space this off season. More importantly, can the Bucks owner afford to lose money every year while not seeing an increase in the franchise's value? (I don't know the answer, maybe he can)

todu82
11-30-2010, 09:00 PM
Chris Bosh.