PDA

View Full Version : Report: Kings kick DeMarcus Cousins out of practice

EWOR
11-29-2010, 07:31 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/31268636/ns/sports/

There have also been rumors that World Wide Wes wants Cousins to be traded out of Sacramento and to Washington.

Cousins & his entourage's feud with the coaching staff will be interesting to watch.

SeoulBeatz
11-29-2010, 07:41 PM
Sixers would gladly give up Iguodala and Mo Speights for cousins and filler.

Jrue
Turner
Thad
Brand
Cousins

id like to see that!

JayW_1023
11-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Trade him for his older self, Erick Dampier.

SouthSideRookie
11-29-2010, 07:47 PM
And Kings fan have sworn that all is well in Sac town with Cousins and media was blowing things out of proportion.:eyebrow:

Kyle N.
11-29-2010, 07:53 PM
It's not like he's been playing particularly well and is justified getting more minutes. It looks like somebody needs to get on the Gerber Life Grow-Up Plan. :eyebrow:

BoognishMN
11-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Thank you Kahn for not picking this loser. His career will see him traded often, I gurantee it

CityofTreez
11-29-2010, 07:54 PM
jus a rookie dealing with the NBA transition a little harder than the rest!

Not worried!

MU and UW Fan
11-29-2010, 07:55 PM
The guy is simply not mature enough to handle being in the NBA. Wasn't mature his frosh year at UK and certainly not now with the Kings. Grow up and man up Demarcus.

mjt20mik
11-29-2010, 07:56 PM
The guy is simply not mature enough to handle being in the NBA. Wasn't mature his frosh year at UK and certainly not now with the Kings. Grow up and man up Demarcus.

This.

John Walls Era
11-29-2010, 07:58 PM
Don't expect his attitude to change anytime soon. He was not mature enough in college; what makes you think becoming a millionaire would change him for the better? To tell you the truth, I would be more of an a**hole too if I became rich and famous.

DenButsu
11-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Glad I benched him on my fantasy team this week. Guess he won't be getting those big minutes.

Watched some of the last Kings game - he really just looks indifferent and aloof out there. So unfortunate, given how much talent he's got. I actually picked him for ROY (oops). He really tore it up at the summer league. Kid needs to swallow his pride and learn how to be a ****ing professional.

This "world wide" mother****er (and does anyone outside the U.S. really know who the hell he is anyhow?) seems hell bent on being a one-man wrecking crew to the NBA. As a general rule, I tend to support unions and I'm sympathetic to the players' side of the impending labor dispute (the owners, imho, are lying about not making much money, and wanting their fair cut is a legit stance). But this wesley douchebag and the entourage of divas he's creating is tempering my sympathy...

EWOR
11-29-2010, 08:02 PM
jus a rookie dealing with the NBA transition a little harder than the rest!

Not worried!

Name me one guy who was as immature who turned their career around?

You cant.

Everybody comes into the league with talent except Brian Cardinal. It all depends on maturity & work ethic.

CityofTreez
I'm more worried about Paul Westphal than DeMarcus Cousins!

They guy has been making my head hurt for a good 2-3 weeks now with his dumbfoundedness!

Sox72
Don't expect his attitude to change anytime soon. He was not mature enough in college; what makes you think becoming a millionaire would change him for the better? To tell you the truth, I would be more of an a**hole too if I became rich and famous.

Is that possible?

arkanian215
11-29-2010, 08:03 PM

+1

I mean I would be a douche to folks I don't like but I wouldn't go out of my way to be a dick to everyone. That's all you man.

jeter 2
11-29-2010, 08:04 PM
The Knicks will gladly give the Kings, Mosgov and Mason Jr for Cousins. Seriously I would give the Kings AR4 and Mosgov for Cousins and a 2nd rounder. Amare should straigten his Cousins out.

jp611
11-29-2010, 08:05 PM
i've only seen cousins play one game this year and that was against the bulls but man he was pouting like a little baby on the court... noah made him his *****

John Walls Era
+1

I mean I would be a douche to folks I don't like but I wouldn't go out of my way to be a dick to everyone. That's all you man.

nah man, I'm an a**hole now. Imagine if I had millions of dollars. Humility is overrated.

Crackadalic
And he wonder why those other teams pass on him even though he is clearly more talented teams these days are not looking for head cases anymore look at waht happen to marbury and AI

CityofTreez
11-29-2010, 08:06 PM

You cant.

Everybody comes into the league with talent except Brian Cardinal. It all depends on maturity & work ethic.

Ron Artest.........Nice try!

What the **** did he do last year, yeah he used that maturity and won a ****ing championship with the Lakers! Ron Artest was applying at Circuit City and drinking hennessey in the lockerrom in his 1st years in the league!

also, we had Ron Artest as a King when he viciously beat up his wife and prohibited her from calling the police to help her! mature enough for you?

boomheadshot45
11-29-2010, 08:07 PM
So frustrating as a Sacramento fan. No true PG, no consistent shooters, DMC acting like a spoiled brat, PW not understanding Tyreke's role, etc. DeMar needs to realize how privileged he is and associate himself with better people. Stop it with the entourage. You're not Vince ffs.

JayW_1023
11-29-2010, 08:09 PM
Which one is Brian Cardinal?

http://idigitalcitizen.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/tweedledee-and-tweedledum-inside1440x960.jpg

bringinwood
11-29-2010, 08:09 PM

What the **** did he do last year, yeah he used that maturity and won a ****ing championship with the Lakers! Ron Artest was applying at Circuit City and drinking hennessey in the lockerrom in his 1st years in the league!

I guess it's better to look like the crack addict that is now Ron Ron...

They have him so hopped up on antidepressants/anxiety and mood stabilizers i'm suprised the dude gets dressed for the game...

That was the best laugh i've had all day... Thanks... ;)

John Walls Era
11-29-2010, 08:11 PM

also, we had Ron Artest as a King when he viciously beat up his wife and prohibited her from calling the police to help her! mature enough for you?

Ron Artest was always talented...

"yeah he used that maturity and won a ****ing championship with the Lakers!"

Yup, Kobe and the rest of the squad were only sidekicks to Ron Artest's maturity. Put Cousins with the Lakers now and they would still win... doesn't mean Cousins would be anymore mature.

bringinwood
11-29-2010, 08:11 PM
Sixers would gladly give up Iguodala and Mo Speights for cousins and filler.

Jrue
Turner
Thad
Brand
Cousins

id like to see that!

Casspi and Cousins for Iguodala and Mo...

In less than a heartbeat... In less than an eye blink... Get Cousins to Philly yesterday...

JLynn943
11-29-2010, 08:27 PM
As a Kings fan, I don't want to have to deal with this. He's an unproven rookie who apparently thinks he's great already. Just trade him while his value is high or fire Westphal now. Hell, do both. Why not?

Sactown
11-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Westphal goes before cousins.. and cousins won't be traded

JLynn943
11-29-2010, 08:49 PM

While I think the first part is true, it's just a matter of time until Cousins is traded imo. If he isn't, then the new coach is either a fantastic coach who can control his players and knows what he's doing, or some figurehead just letting the players do whatever they want (just like they are now), but without trying to punish them by pulling names out of a hat for a starting line-up.

I'm all for trading him now. Hopefully I'll eat these words and he'll mature into an all-star, but that's pretty unlikely. Sell while the bidding is high...

edit: or maybe I'm just a pessimist and nothing is as bad as it seems

Blazers#1Fan
11-29-2010, 09:01 PM
sac should bring in mike brown lol

central2003
11-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Well C-Webber was very immature before he came to sacramento. He went from the magics to the Bullets.. then Kings and he changed here and became one of the most talented PF's who have never won a championship (even though he should have in 2002). Cousins will change to but I do not know why the NBA is allowing that Mother *** World wide wes interfere in NBA matters and teams should have this guy ousted and shut his ***** up. He is a nobody who is middling with players emotions. People like him would love to get rich and ruin the NBA because he would put all the talent in only 3-4 teams only that is it.

Jenceman
11-29-2010, 09:04 PM
Lolbust

RayRay
11-29-2010, 09:23 PM
Eddie Curry 2.

Hawkeye15
11-29-2010, 09:37 PM

That is what I was going to say.

Cousins may be a problem, but there is no way the Kings give up on Cousins this fast.

Its too bad. This kid had red flags all over (sorry Sactown and Derek, he did), and it would be a SHAME to see that talent go to waste.

fadedmario
11-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Prince and Monroe for Cousins and Thompson

Hawkeye15
11-29-2010, 09:58 PM
please make sure and understand everyone, Sac is NOT trading Cousins currently. The coach will go first

jmoney85
11-29-2010, 10:17 PM
The Knicks will gladly give the Kings, Mosgov and Mason Jr for Cousins. Seriously I would give the Kings AR4 and Mosgov for Cousins and a 2nd rounder. Amare should straigten his Cousins out.

lol? knicks fans are hilarious

1st its yea lets give up landry fields for carmelo anthony

and now this proposal???

get real ... nobody wants ur trash players

Kashmir13579
11-29-2010, 10:30 PM
Thank you Kahn for not picking this loser. His career will see him traded often, I gurantee it

Wes Johnson is #1 pick material. he's like a young T-mac mixed with Shawn Marion. kahn made an amazing selection.

Kashmir13579
11-29-2010, 10:31 PM

and now this proposal???

to be fair i rarely see that poster in the knicks forum and fields is certainly not trash. don't be a dick.

CityofTreez
11-29-2010, 10:33 PM
please make sure and understand everyone, Sac is NOT trading Cousins currently. The coach will go first

Yup. If this season doesn't improve

EWOR
11-29-2010, 10:34 PM
Huh?

Ron Artest has never been a locker room cancer or gotten into it with his coaches. Never. If you look back on every team hes been with, he has been a model player & teammate. It wasnt until ESPN started giving him attention after the brawl in which they tried to turn him into a immature diva.

And beating up your wife isn't a sign of immaturity. Artest is a thug, we've all known that. Do you see Artest pouting on the court or being kicked out of practice for yelling at the strength coach?

Thats right.

Dont even counter with Michael Beasley because Beasley has 4x the work ethic that Cousins has or ever will have. Hes going to get fat(300+ lbs) and then end up bouncing around the league like another very talented headcase in Eddie Griffin. RIP.

Sactown
11-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Cousins is only saying what all the players are probably thinking.. Westphal is making really strang rotations.. a player will be a starter for 2 games and get 3 DNP's the next three games. He should force Evans to sit a few games and rest that plantars fasciitis he has going on in that foot, find a rotations that works so the players can start to get a rythem and Petrie needs to trade for a guard who can shoot the ball and not be a liability on defense. Westphal isn't just aggrivating cousins.. this is going to turn into the Heat every soon

jimbobjarree
11-29-2010, 10:52 PM
really, who didnt see this coming apart from the optimistic kings fans?

jeter 2
11-29-2010, 10:52 PM

and now this proposal???

It was just a joke. But yeah, I think Fields for Carmelo would be a fair deal lol.

Jays Claw
11-29-2010, 10:53 PM
His immaturity and lack of discipline are the only negatives holding him back. I seriously doubt that the Kings would trade him off this early considering his potential though.

NJBASEBALL22
11-29-2010, 11:01 PM
Eddie Curry 2.

I was just about to say that!

Mplsman
11-29-2010, 11:59 PM
DCus is the real big baby.

Giaps
11-30-2010, 12:18 AM
The modern NBA player is a whiny beeotch.

Thank goodness for Kevin Durant.

Niro
11-30-2010, 07:07 AM
how about biedrins and udoh or wright for cousins and fillers

checkit
11-30-2010, 07:10 AM
you shouldn't be in the NBA if you need a babysitter for yourself. I knew Cousins would be a headcase but not like this.

Mr.ATLHawks
11-30-2010, 08:22 AM

You cant.

Ron Artest
Rasheed Wallace
Stephen Jackson
Latrell Spreewell

probably more but cant think right now..

CityofTreez
11-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Huh?

Ron Artest has never been a locker room cancer or gotten into it with his coaches. Never. If you look back on every team hes been with, he has been a model player & teammate. It wasnt until ESPN started giving him attention after the brawl in which they tried to turn him into a immature diva.

And beating up your wife isn't a sign of immaturity. Artest is a thug, we've all known that. Do you see Artest pouting on the court or being kicked out of practice for yelling at the strength coach?

Thats right.

Dont even counter with Michael Beasley because Beasley has 4x the work ethic that Cousins has or ever will have. Hes going to get fat(300+ lbs) and then end up bouncing around the league like another very talented headcase in Eddie Griffin. RIP.

:laugh2:

el_primo_nano
11-30-2010, 01:50 PM
All the skills in the world, shame his isnt mature

mikantsass
11-30-2010, 02:01 PM
He must be doing the Dougie too much

Gibby23
11-30-2010, 02:06 PM
He isn't that good. The kings radio guy Napier was hyping him up after a 15 point 10 rebound game against the knicks in a loss. He didn't mention that he shot 5-15.

lavilevi23
11-30-2010, 02:07 PM
Pittman,Dampier or Chalmers + a couple of picks for Demarcus.

ShakeN'Bake
11-30-2010, 02:14 PM

The next Z-Bo

CityofTreez
11-30-2010, 03:27 PM
He isn't that good. The kings radio guy Napier was hyping him up after a 15 point 10 rebound game against the knicks in a loss. He didn't mention that he shot 5-15.

He isn't that good right now! Rookie center's just don't come into this league and shoot great fg% and become impact players. You should know this being a lakers fan and the neverending questioning of Andrew Bynum. He's put together some OK seasons to prove some wrong, Cousins can achieve this.

Yeah, he did shoot 5-15, but it's something to work upon as a rookie. I knew he wouldn't just come in here hooping going 10-15 game-to-game. Give the kid some time to transition.

Da Knicks
11-30-2010, 03:32 PM

and now this proposal???

lmao at you so much hate bud!:)

Hawkeye15
11-30-2010, 03:36 PM
amazing how most of you are just willing to throw this kid under the bus and call him a bust less than 20 games into his career.

magichatnumber9
11-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Just a younger Zach Randolph.

Raph12
11-30-2010, 03:48 PM
Gortat for Cousins straight up :p

CityofTreez
11-30-2010, 03:53 PM
amazing how most of you are just willing to throw this kid under the bus and call him a bust less than 20 games into his career.

it's a shame

Just a younger Zach Randolph.

He's actually got that potential. I know Randolph was a head-case and kinda still is, but Cousins kinda plays Randolph's kind of game. He's bashing the boards, aggressive player, and can actually hit some outside shots. Granted, Randolph is a great shooter, but Cousins has shown he can hit those spot-up shots outside the key in his limited appearances in the NBA!

Rego247
11-30-2010, 04:09 PM
this kid isnt a bust, yes he has an attitude problem, i expected this may happen over the course of the season. but hes a very talented player from what i've seen of him. he has a LOT of potential.

he just gotta get his head together. give it time.

Kyle916
11-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Just a heads up Cousins isn't going anywhere.

DerekRE_3
11-30-2010, 04:53 PM
Just a heads up Cousins isn't going anywhere.

Yep. Westphal on the other hand might if the kings don't figure things out. And it's not just because of Cousins. The rotations have never been consistent and the offense is stagnant.

Part of me kind of hopes Westphal gets canned in season. Mario Elie would be the obvious interim head coach and I would love to see what he can do.

iCOOKiE MONSTER
11-30-2010, 04:56 PM
It's not like he's been playing particularly well and is justified getting more minutes. It looks like somebody needs to get on the Gerber Life Grow-Up Plan. :eyebrow:

Can't stop looking at Diora
Dammm :)

Kyle916
11-30-2010, 05:13 PM
I'd definitely love to see Westphal kicked to the curb.

dtmagnet
11-30-2010, 05:16 PM
The NBA needs to ban player's entourages from being in the facilities.

thedfactor
11-30-2010, 05:28 PM
The guy is simply not mature enough to handle being in the NBA. Wasn't mature his frosh year at UK and certainly not now with the Kings. Grow up and man up Demarcus.Well stated

central2003
11-30-2010, 06:08 PM
He is going to be a King and The franchise Center they have been wanting, end of story. now Coach P-West I really have a feeling he will be gone at the mid to end of the season.
Kings need a coach that can deal with divas.

jmtapia
11-30-2010, 06:08 PM
it sucks when you lose. DMC needs to grow up but that will happen with time.

Robbw241
11-30-2010, 06:09 PM
I blame it on his lack of hamburgers.

DenButsu
11-30-2010, 07:04 PM
He is going to be a King and The franchise Center they have been wanting, end of story. now Coach P-West I really have a feeling he will be gone at the mid to end of the season.
Kings need a coach that can deal with divas.

They should contact Tim Grgurich. He left the Nuggets last summer. The prospect of working with the young talent the Kings have could be attractive to him.

DerekRE_3
11-30-2010, 07:08 PM
They should contact Tim Grgurich. He left the Nuggets last summer. The prospect of working with the young talent the Kings have could be attractive to him.

Can you fill me in on him? I've never heard of him.

DerekRE_3
12-01-2010, 11:29 AM
DeMarcus Cousins is like the big kid smothered at the bottom of a scrum, the oversized, obvious target who invites and absorbs a majority of the jabs. He is taking blows to the gut and to the ego. He has been fined, benched and berated. He has spent most of his young career in foul trouble.

On Monday, the 6-foot-11 rookie lashed back and smart-mouthed his coach, which was really not very smart. And all that got him was thrown out of practice.

Cousins said late Tuesday that he reacted out of frustration.

"It was a good lesson for me," the rookie said. "I'm mad and I'm frustrated about losing, and in my opinion, I think different strategies should be in the game.

"But I was being selfish. I'm a big part of this team, and coach (Paul) Westphal has been saying it. I've been terrible. It's the truth."

"It's not a perfect world," Cousins' mother, Monique, said Tuesday afternoon from Mobile, Ala. "These kids are used to instant (gratification) and they come into the league so young. It's hard. They have to learn. We preach this: 'Just don't say anything!' He'll get better, you'll see."

Is he listening? Is he learning? Is he getting too much blame for the Kings' disappointing season? Yes. Absolutely.

While the Kings struggle along, the Cousins debate is only one of several hot topics inside Arco Arena. The locker room is a nasty place of late. There is more sniping than conversation.

Think of Sacramento as a chilly Miami.

The players are mad at the coach. The offensive system often consists of five players standing or dribbling, and seemingly oblivious to the beauty and benefits of the pass. The pace is too slow. The defense seldom creates transition opportunities. Sort of like last year.

Cousins, 20, stumbled into the mess after only one season at Kentucky, and with a reputation as an immature youngster with tremendous upside. All true. But he also joined a team that is among the youngest in the league, and one with glaring personnel weaknesses.

Interestingly, as Cousins has gone, so have the Kings. After an impressive debut during the encouraging 3-1 opening week, the rookie has labored to stay on the floor. He entered Tuesday's game with averages of 2.4 turnovers and 4.9 fouls per game. In 23.3 minutes. As Samuel Dalembert's backup.

Offensively, he has forced shots and settled for long jumpers instead of muscling inside or showing off his passing skills. Some of this is a byproduct of that excruciating offense and some can be attributed to youth and inexperience.

"I don't have any rhythm," Cousins said glumly before finishing with a season-high 20 points (and eight rebounds). "No rhythm. I don't know why. And defensively, I don't know what I can do. I asked for a DVD from the coaches so I can try to figure something out."

As for those recent emotional flare-ups and what some teammates describe as a tense relationship with his coach, neither of the involved parties is offering up details. (Sources say Cousins wisecracked Westphal after the coach had scolded him for his fouls and turnovers, among other things.)

"Certainly it's not anything you can hide," said Westphal, who remains amazingly calm amid the chaos. "He's got some issues and we're doing everything we can to help him overcome them. I'm very glad we have him and we're going to hopefully have a long, productive time together. I'm excited for those days ahead. We'll look back on this someday and say, 'Man, those were rough days, weren't they? You were a handful, you knucklehead!' "

But not always a knucklehead. See Tuesday's Kings-Pacers game. See a shake here, a shake there, at least a little bit of rhythm. Cousins scored on putbacks, converted open jumpers, found Beno Udrih on a beautiful back cut. He dove for a loose ball that provided another possession during the Kings' fourth-quarter rally. Twice, he even smiled.

"DeMarcus has a competitive spirit some people look at (as) a negative," Monique Cousins continued. "He's just trying to fix things, wants to win. It's not a negative. I'd rather have the ugly face than him getting techs. Just give him time."

Obviously Cousins has growing up to do, but this really all stems from him being very competitive. He's frustrated with his play, he's frustrated with the coaching, and he's frustrated with losing. He's also not the only one angry with the coaching, he just hasn't learned when to keep his mouth shut. At this point, I'd really rather Cousins care "the wrong way" than not care at all. It's pretty obvious that he does.

Obviously I'm biased as Kings/Cousins fan. But in all honesty, he kind of fascinates me (no homo).

Sactown
12-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Obviously Cousins has growing up to do, but this really all stems from him being very competitive. He's frustrated with his play, he's frustrated with the coaching, and he's frustrated with losing. He's also not the only one angry with the coaching, he just hasn't learned when to keep his mouth shut. At this point, I'd really rather Cousins care "the wrong way" than not care at all. It's pretty obvious that he does.

Obviously I'm biased as Kings/Cousins fan. But in all honesty, he kind of fascinates me (no homo).

This + 100000000 to the 100000000000 power