PDA

View Full Version : Spoelstra calls out LeBron: I can't tell when you're Serious

kblo247
11-29-2010, 05:46 PM
link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=5862172)
In contrast to the popular view that Spoelstra has been hesitant to jump on Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh, sources say the Heat coach has shown no fear in criticizing them.

Exhibit A was a recent shootaround in which Spoelstra told LeBron James that he had to get more serious. The source said Spoelstra called James out in front of the entire team, telling him, "I can't tell when you're serious."

"He's (Spoelstra) jumping on them," one Heat source said. "If anything, he's been too tough on them. Everybody knows LeBron is playful and likes to joke around, but Spoelstra told him in front of the whole team that he has to get more serious. The players couldn't believe it! They feel like Spoelstra's not letting them be themselves.

I respect Spo for standing up to them and trying to get it through Lebron's head that his antics haven't won **** in this league.

What I don't get though, is in what world does Lebron and Bosh live in where Pat Riley will let them be themselves and just chill since they seem to be closer and closer to forcing him back like with SVG when he has never let anyone do that?

ink
11-29-2010, 05:48 PM
link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=5862172)

I respect Spo for standing up to them and trying to get it through Lebron's head that his antics haven't won **** in this league.

What I don't get though, is in what world does Lebron and Bosh live in where Pat Riley will let them be themselves and just chill since they seem to be closer and closer to forcing him back like with SVG when he has never let anyone do that?

They've only really had dealings with Riley the GM who was trying to woo them and massage their egos into signing. It would be the same with any GM right? Coaching is another matter.

ink
11-29-2010, 05:50 PM
btw, we're trying to let a few Heat threads stay up so people can discuss the situation. We appreciate the fact that the discussions have been a lot more civil than before. It makes a big difference to the quality of the forum. Thanks.

kblo247
11-29-2010, 05:52 PM
Yes it would be the same with any GM, but you would think that when a guy says he knows his basketball history (Lebron) would know that Pat is known for killing guys in practice. He did it to Showtime, to the Knicks, and to his two different heat teams.

Wade knows the deal which is why I think he is trying to stay PC about it, but Lebron and Bosh are asking for a whole slice of be careful what you wish for pie.

Nothing is easy with Pat

kntresistheheat
11-29-2010, 05:52 PM
They've only really had dealings with Riley the GM who was trying to woo them and massage their egos into signing. It would be the same with any GM right? Coaching is another matter.

This has been posted already. As for the topic, The difference is, no one will respect coach spo over Riley...NO ONE!

Riley>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Spo

kblo247
11-29-2010, 05:53 PM
btw, we're trying to let a few Heat threads stay up so people can discuss the situation. We appreciate the fact that the discussions have been a lot more civil than before. It makes a big difference to the quality of the forum. Thanks.

Thanks. I won't bash the Heat fans or none of that stuff, I was just caught off guard by some of the comments these guys make at times because to me there is no logical way that they felt this would be easy.

Hawkeye15
11-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Spo is trying to save his job, and needs to do anything possible to get these guys playing better.

kntresistheheat
11-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Let me give you an example. My boss that has been in the business for 25 years, was a dick but I respect him more over my new boss that has only been in the business for 9 years and thinks he is a know it all.....When I know more than he does! I cant stand my boss!

Edit: I learned a lot from my old boss and made me a better leader and Manager. My new boss I feel that I can slap him around and teach him how to do his job.

DaBUU
11-29-2010, 05:57 PM
LBJ will eventully end up butting heads with Riley too, seems as tho its in his makeup.

ChiSox219
11-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Can we label the Heat a "Quagmire" yet?

29$JerZ
11-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Nothing wrong if that's what he said to LeBron
Coach is an easy scapegoat sadly.

DaBUU
11-29-2010, 05:59 PM
Can we label the Heat a "Quagmire" yet?

giggidy

robdizzle3
11-29-2010, 05:59 PM
Is that why Erik got bumped by Lebron?

sep11ie
11-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Sounds like the entire team won't take "spo" for an answer.

redsox0717
11-29-2010, 06:02 PM
LeBron has obviously been coddled all his life by his coaches and by everyone for that matter. Now a coach tells him to man up and start taking things more seriously and he gets all upset. Now the players are sending subtle messages through the media that they don't like their coach, essentially trying to get him fired. It's bull ****. The players need to be held accountable for their poor play, not Spoelstra, who is a classic example of a scapegoat.

kblo247
11-29-2010, 06:03 PM
Let me give you an example. My boss that has been in the business for 25 years, was a dick but I respect him more over my new boss that has only been in the business for 9 years and thinks he is a know it all.....When I know more than he does! I cant stand my boss!

The point is that they went to Miami. They didn't get forced into going there by a trade or anything. They chose to sign on the dotted lineup to play with Wade and for a coach that was already in place.

Spo's ways may not be perfect, but it did result in the Heat winning games last year with less talent. Think about that for a minute.

In spo's little time in the league he turned a lottery team into a playoff contender and had the support of his star.

Lebron's way of goofing off, dancing, posing, and playing style resulted in that team he was on actually getting worse and regressing the past two years when you take into where they finished at in the postseason even with HCA throughout and the leagues best record. Bosh's way of playing resulted in the Heat missing more postseason action than anything else.

The fact is when they signed on that line and held that big celebration and talked about sacrificing, they should have known that they were going to have to change their MO to win as what they were doing before wasn't winning ****

Draco
11-29-2010, 06:04 PM
Prompting Lebron to give his best Heath Ledger impersonation.. "why so serious?"

29$JerZ
11-29-2010, 06:05 PM
Even if Spo gets fired it changes nothing about the weaknesses of the team.
Offensively they themselves just need to work together, there is only so much a coach can say to 3 ball dominant players on how to work together.

kntresistheheat
11-29-2010, 06:10 PM
The point is that they went to Miami. They didn't get forced into going there by a trade or anything. They chose to sign on the dotted lineup to play with Wade and for a coach that was already in place.

Spo's ways may not be perfect, but it did result in the Heat winning games last year with less talent. Think about that for a minute.

In spo's little time in the league he turned a lottery team into a playoff contender and had the support of his star.

Lebron's way of goofing off, dancing, posing, and playing style resulted in that team he was on actually getting worse and regressing the past two years when you take into where they finished at in the postseason even with HCA throughout and the leagues best record. Bosh's way of playing resulted in the Heat missing more postseason action than anything else.

The fact is when they signed on that line and held that big celebration and talked about sacrificing, they should have known that they were going to have to change their MO to win as what they were doing before wasn't winning ****

That is why I said in another thread, That I think the big three had planned out to get spo fired and they knew that they could get it done if they signed here. Not so sure if this is something wade agree with, but I am sure they knew that spo offensive play set was not going to fit them.

Avenged
11-29-2010, 06:11 PM
Seriously, I know it's early on in the season but it doesn't look to well at all for the Heat..

And who is the "Heat source" the article is referring to? he says Spo isn't letting the players be themselves? He says Lebron is known to be playful and joke around.. If that's the case, they got more issues than I thought. You're the biggest disappointing team thus far in the season and Lebron is out there joking around? Hmm...

jimbobjarree
11-29-2010, 06:12 PM
shudda gone to the clippers, they'd be so in awe he chose them that he'd be treated like a god

Avenged
11-29-2010, 06:12 PM
That is why I said in another thread, That I think the big three had planned out to get spo fired and they knew that they could get it done if they signed here. Not so sure if this is something wade agree with, but I am sure they knew that spo offensive play set was not going to fit them.

That's pretty messed up if what you believe is true, although I doubt that was the plan all along.. I'm sure now it's lead up to that though, but I don't think getting Spo fired was part of the plan.

kntresistheheat
11-29-2010, 06:14 PM
Seriously, I know it's early on in the season but it doesn't look to well at all for the Heat..

And who is the "Heat source" the article is referring to? he says Spo isn't letting the players be themselves? He says Lebron is known to be playful and joke around.. If that's the case, they got more issues than I thought. You're the biggest disappointing team thus far in the season and Lebron is out there joking around? Hmm...

He is not joking around, thats the problem!!

xxcubs22xx
11-29-2010, 06:16 PM
I think the vast majority of the NBA and fans can't tell when Lebron is serious, especially since Lebron has not done what he said he was out to do ("Bring a championship to cleveland", etc)

Algmuskrats
11-29-2010, 06:17 PM
I think I remember LeBron shoulder bumping Brown in the past...

tjlipford
Blame Spoelstra for everything. Spoelstra may not be the best coach, but it's not all his fault. These dudes expect to be giving something. Lebron said it would be easy, but through the early part of the season it don't look like it's too easy.

Lebron blame the coach because your stats are down and teams are not scared of y'all and are coming at your necks every night. Blame the coach

Avenged

Which is why I'm wondering who the Heat source is..

If the Heat players want to be like themselves, they need to start winning. It's not all fun and games when you're losing. I don't think Spo is the one to blame on this one, he's calling out his players for under performing, it's what every coach should do.

kblo247
11-29-2010, 06:18 PM

Do you think it is cool to be joking when you are a 500 team and made yourself a target to start the year?

It seems counterproductive to me because of how the signing was handled and the show put on to introduce them. They basically told the league FU, come get some! In doing so they are actually hunted now. Besides Wade none of them have been in that situation or even excelled with everyone watching their every move.

I think that is why Spo is trying to get them to be serious and understand that this might be the hardest thing they will ever do on a basketball court.

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 06:19 PM

oh god, I can see some brett favre ESPN type of analysis coming out of this. "He's not out there playing the game he fell in love with as a kid, taking shots like he has no care in the world. Lebron James isn't being Lebron James" some dumb statement like that.

LA_Raiders
11-29-2010, 06:19 PM
way to go Spo, show those primadonnas who is the boss. I think Lebroom Will get traded in a year or two if this circus shw doesnt work out, may be for a top 3 PG or C and then the Heat will be great...

Top 3 PG
Wade
SF
Bosh
Top 3 C

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 06:22 PM
Which is why I'm wondering who the Heat source is..

If the Heat players want to be like themselves, they need to start winning. It's not all fun and games when you're losing. I don't think Spo is the one to blame on this one, he's calling out his players for under performing, it's what every coach should do.

:nod:

eXpLiiCt
11-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Spo is a beast, LeBron is a *** when there not winning he blames the coahes spo should stand up for himself and say what he gotta say and saying lebron i dont no when your serious is being to tough on them thats ridicouls

OA SLAY
11-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Does any coach really need a grown man dancing on the sidelines?/or sulking....

CountSackula
11-29-2010, 07:00 PM
Well this is definitely not good at all. Spo needs to learn how to just chill.

JayW_1023
11-29-2010, 07:01 PM
Spo is not a bad coach. He made the Heat overachieve two seasons in a row. he needs to convince the BIG three they too need to make a sacrifice and can't just play like they did when they were the alphadogs on their teams.

Especially defensively Wade, LBJ and Bosh need to be held accountable. I'm starting to believe Wade and LBJ were only considered good defenders because they were stars. Now that their deficiencies cannot be masked by role players they look pretty overrated on the defensive end.

hugepatsfan
11-29-2010, 07:04 PM
I remember when the Pats signed Adalius Thomas. Belichick coached him in the pro bowl the year before. AD thought that was the BB he would be coached by. But then he got all pissy when he saw the difference between real coach BB and pro bowl coach BB. I think that would happen w/ Lebron is Riley came down.

The Jokemaker
11-29-2010, 07:11 PM
coach Spo is not doing anything wrong in Miami but he will be fired before the season is over because LeDiva is complaining about losing and is throwing the coach under the bus. It'll be interesting who he throws under the bus when they are having similar results with Riley as coach. The Miami Egos are going nowhere this season.

GspLAL
11-29-2010, 08:34 PM

Edit: I learned a lot from my old boss and made me a better leader and Manager. My new boss I feel that I can slap him around and teach him how to do his job.

How is Spo acting like a know it all? From the few Heat games I've seen, the players don't even try sometimes, the coach has the right to question that.

GspLAL
11-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Spo is not a bad coach. He made the Heat overachieve two seasons in a row. he needs to convince the BIG three they too need to make a sacrifice and can't just play like they did when they were the alphadogs on their teams.

Especially defensively Wade, LBJ and Bosh need to be held accountable. I'm starting to believe Wade and LBJ were only considered good defenders because they were stars. Now that their deficiencies cannot be masked by role players they look pretty overrated on the defensive end.

That doesn't necessarily mean he's a good coach though, some coaches are fit to lead superstars and some are better at leading role players/borderline stars.

GspLAL
11-29-2010, 08:41 PM
I think I remember LeBron shoulder bumping Brown in the past...

When he bumped into coach Brown, he looked distracted cuz he was complaining to the refs as he was walking to the bench

Crackadalic
11-29-2010, 08:46 PM
Theres a difference between enjoying the game of basketball having fun with it and just not being serious and goofing around and treat it like trash If lebron thinks Coach Spoelstra is tough wait till he gets pat riley. He needs to adjust his game along with dwade and bosh for the betterment of the team but that isnt going to happen. There playing too selfish now

SouthSideRookie
11-29-2010, 08:47 PM

Nice post.

topdog
11-29-2010, 09:00 PM
All saving-his-job talk aside, I have to agree with Spolestra. Take a lesson from Kobe - for 48 minutes he has a job to do and he puts his game face on. Have fun once you get the job done.

Eagles4Lyfe
11-29-2010, 09:07 PM
this is why lebron will never be the best, this is the 3rd coach hes going to get fired look at the greats they always got it done with whatever coach was handed to them, what a cry baby and waste of talent, i hope he never wins a ring sorry heat fans but wade deserves one not with this little *****

Mell413
11-29-2010, 09:42 PM
I think some of this stuff gets blown out of proportion. I don't think how he looks or acts is going to have a huge effect on his performance. I don't think people were questioning his seriousness when the Cavs were one of the better teams in basketball last year. I don't think he has to have a pissed off look on his face like Kobe to perform. I'm not trying to start a Kobe v Lebron thread, but Kobe is the only person I can think of that looks angry. Maybe KG as well. I'm a Bears fan and this reminds me of people complaining about Lovie Smith because he never gets angry. Some people just are who they are.

Hunter48MVP
11-29-2010, 09:44 PM
LeBron James is nothing but trouble to the Heat. They should just trade him.

IAmKira
11-29-2010, 10:13 PM
joakim Noah says Hiiiiiiiii. kthxbai

IAmKira
11-29-2010, 10:14 PM
LeBron James is nothing but trouble to the Heat. They should just trade him.

back to the cavs! Lol, that would be hilarious.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-29-2010, 10:20 PM
I see 2 different things coming out of this.

Either LBJ just explodes to show Spo how serious he can get or LBJ doesn't perform as well leading to more losses and Spo getting fired.

Kenny Powders
11-29-2010, 10:28 PM
Maybe its time Lebron DOES grow up and take his job seriously, and stop playing a round. This guy is a joke.

magichatnumber9
11-29-2010, 10:44 PM
I'm starting to wonder if anyone could coach these three douche bags.

shep33
11-29-2010, 11:11 PM
LeBron has obviously been coddled all his life by his coaches and by everyone for that matter. Now a coach tells him to man up and start taking things more seriously and he gets all upset. Now the players are sending subtle messages through the media that they don't like their coach, essentially trying to get him fired. It's bull ****. The players need to be held accountable for their poor play, not Spoelstra, who is a classic example of a scapegoat.

Agreed. I know we can't compare Phil Jackson to Spoelstra... but Phil would absolutely lay into Shaq and Kobe if they didn't do things the right way. But I mean that's Phil Jackson so it's tough to make comparisons.

Crab Dribble!
11-29-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm starting to wonder if anyone could coach these three douche bags.

I nominate Bill Laimbeer. I can just imagine his reaction to Maverick Carter. :clap:

effen5
11-29-2010, 11:17 PM
Remember when Valkyrie said Lebron is better MJ

:laugh:

NYY 26 to 7
11-29-2010, 11:49 PM
LeBron went to have fun with his friends in south beach - stop bringing him down Spo!!!!

Giaps
11-30-2010, 12:01 AM
Great job Coach Spo.

Giaps
11-30-2010, 12:14 AM
I hope Coach Spo airs these *****es out if he ever gets fired.

JayW_1023
11-30-2010, 05:18 AM
I nominate Bill Laimbeer. I can just imagine his reaction to Maverick Carter. :clap:

Laimbeer would give him a wedgie.

sventhedog
11-30-2010, 07:18 AM
is there anyone in the right frame of mind who will expect a clown to be serious???

Blazers#1Fan
11-30-2010, 07:48 AM
is there anyone in the right frame of mind who will expect a clown to be serious???

nope hahahaa :clap:

lebron is a idiot he needs to get nto the game instead of bein a B**** about everything i think they should trade him to another team for a PG C SF trade him to memphis James/big Z/Pittman/mike miller for mayo,Gasol,Gay

MIA
C Gasol/Anthony
PF Bosh
SF Gay
SG Wade
PG Mayo

MEM
Thebeet/BIGZ/pittman
Zach Randolph
Lebron
Miller
Conley

MacFitz92
11-30-2010, 10:23 AM
I can't believe a coach would tell a player to be serious. He has got some nerve.

;)

ShakeN'Bake
11-30-2010, 10:42 AM
Anyone else notice they are 1-7 against teams above .500

The Jokemaker
11-30-2010, 10:55 AM
Anyone else notice they are 1-7 against teams above .500

Everyone has thats why they have to emphasize their blowout wins over teams like the wizards.

Draco
11-30-2010, 11:10 AM
I can't believe a coach would tell a player to be serious. He has got some nerve.

;)

I know right.. what a hater.

yanks08
11-30-2010, 11:24 AM

;)

look james is the king...the best player in the world..the best dancer...........the best comdeian..............the best of the best..........................no one can talk to him like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol JOKE!!!!!!!!!

funny thing is that the rest of the players taking james side and that will cause him his job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:facepalm:

ShakeN'Bake
11-30-2010, 11:25 AM
look james is the king...the best player in the world..the best dancer...........the best comdeian..............the best of the best..........................no one can talk to him like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol JOKE!!!!!!!!!

funny thing is that the rest of the players taking james side and that will cause him his job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:facepalm:

He was already going to get fired once Lebron and Bosh came there it was all just a matter of time..

satui10
11-30-2010, 12:13 PM
The one thing that stood out to me in this thread were the players insinuating that Spoelstra is being too hard on Lebron and Bosh. Really? What do they think should be done? Baby and worship Lebron like Cleveland did? We all see how that turned out...

Spoelstra is right to criticize Lebron, hell someone needs to. At the end of the day one has to entertain the thought that through all the antics and "I am the chosen one" bulls***, what has Lebron statistically done, but gotten to a certain point and bi*** and complain that he's unable to go further when many great talents before him have with equal or lesser talent surrounding them.

Dwght Howard can kid. Dwight Howard plays his *** off. No one likes a kidder who kids before getting the job done. I agree with Spoelstra. Don't ****in kid when you won't hustle for the ball, when you walk the ball down, when you won't fight for a rebound, when you stand like you're stupid on the side of the court when you could help a fellow teammate with a play...Don't play like you don't care if you win or not and then laugh and kid in my face when my *** and coaching career is on the line...Just don't...:mad:

magichatnumber9
11-30-2010, 12:27 PM
I am gaining tons of respect for Spoelstra. I think if he stays persistent and keeps persisting on the team to respect his system and him as a coach this team will do a lot better. But Bron, Bosh, and especially Wade has to do a better job at protecting there coach. He is the top of the chain of command and if they don't respect him, how do they expect the other players on the roster to respect him.

Young and Stupid
11-30-2010, 12:30 PM
I should preface this by saying that I never post any LeBron news because quite frankly it's very redundant and usually seems like a waste of energy, but this article really struck me differently. I've usually been accused of being a "LeBron fan" because I defended him in the past, but over the last 6 months I've lost a lot of respect for him.

I thought this article should go here because I didn't want to make another LeBron thread. I apologize if this has already been posted:

Erik Spoelstra reached out to Mike Brown over the summer and searched for insight into both basketball’s blessing and curse: Coaching the two-time MVP LeBron James(notes).

Over and over, Brown uprooted his offensive system to appease James only to have it never work. Brown praised James’ character publicly when he would’ve preferred to have been truthful about James’ narcissism. James defied Brown in public and private, disregarded his play calls to freelance his offense, and belittled him without consequence within the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Meticulous in his preparation, Spoelstra spoke with several past coaches, and league sources said a clear and unequivocal picture appeared on how to proceed: End the cycle of enabling with James and hold him accountable.

And surprise, surprise: LeBron James has responded with a test of his own organizational strength, pushing to see how far the Heat will bend to his will. This season, James is hearing a word seldom uttered to him in Cleveland: “No.” And it keeps coming out of the coach’s mouth, keeps getting between the King and what he wants.

Can I stay overnight to party in New Orleans after a preseason game?

Can I play the clown in practice?

Can I get out of playing point guard?

No. No. No.

Wait, what?

No, LeBron.

No.

Even within a month of the season’s sideways 9-8 start, the NBA witnessed a predictable play out of the James-Maverick Carter playbook on Monday morning. They planted a story and exposed themselves again as jokers of the highest order. They care so little about anyone but themselves. Still, no one’s surprised that they’d stoop so low, so fast into this supposed historic 73-victory season and NBA Finals sweep of the Los Angeles Lakers. They want Spoelstra – and Pat Riley – to bend to them, to bow to the King the way everyone has before them.

Nevertheless, here’s what was surprising – even troubling – when the Heat talked on Monday before a victory over the Washington Wizards: In the blink of an eye, Dwyane Wade(notes) signed up with Team LeBron to scapegoat and sell out Spoelstra.

“I’m not going to say he’s ‘my guy,’ but he’s my coach,” Wade said.

Wade’s always been loyal, and that’s why it was so surprising to witness him bail this fast on Spoelstra, whom Wade knows too well. Spoelstra is a good NBA coach. Everyone knows that Wade isn’t a star who plays hard all the time, knows that he takes plays off on defense. They know that Spoelstra did a terrific job coaching 90 victories out of that flawed Miami roster the previous two seasons.

As much as ever, the Heat need Wade to influence James. Only now, it’s clear James is influencing Wade. With Udonis Haslem(notes) out for the regular season, the locker room misses one of its vital voices. Now, Wade is struggling on the floor and James is the devil on his shoulder, whispering that he doesn’t need to be accountable, that there’s an easy fall guy for everyone: Spoelstra.

Those who know Wade well, who care about him, were disappointed Monday. When Spoelstra needed Wade to stand up for him, Wade never shrunk so small. Spoelstra was Wade’s guy, but Wade’s finding it much easier to align himself with James’ coward act than do the right thing. This was something that you’d expect out of Chris Bosh(notes), who’s never been a leader, never a winner, but Wade?

“He knows better than this,” one of Wade’s former assistant coaches said. “I’m not saying he hasn’t changed some, but he knows right from wrong. And this is wrong.”

The fundamental problem for Spoelstra isn’t that James doesn’t respect coaches – he doesn’t respect people. Give LeBron this, though: He’s learned to live one way with the television light on, and another with it off. He treats everyone like a servant, because that’s what the system taught him as a teenage prodigy. To James, the coach isn’t there to mold him into the team dynamic. He’s there to serve him.

Wade was one of the Team USA players who’d watch incredulously as James would throw a bowl of fries back at a renowned chef and bark, “They’re cold!” Or throw his sweaty practice jersey across the court and command a team administrator to go pick it up. Everyone wants James to grow out of it, but he’s never showed much of an inclination for self-examination and improvement. And he’s never surrounded himself with people who’d push him to do so.

What’s more, the timing of this leak was no accident, because James and his business manager had to like the idea of someone else going on trial this week. When the public wanted to talk about James’ return to Cleveland, about the callous way with which he left, about the disjointed start in Miami, they thrust everything onto Spoelstra.

Part of them believed they could deflect Hell Week at home in Ohio, and part of them probably believed they could indeed align the public with them against Spoelstra.

After all, the coach had it coming to him. Of this, LeBron James was sure. Spoelstra had the audacity to do something that Mike Brown never had ownership’s backing to do in Cleveland: To push James, call him out, coach him.

The funniest part had to be how they leaked the idea that Erik Spoelstra was panicking now, behaving like he feared for his job. Truth be told, he’s been behaving in the opposite way. Spoelstra isn’t running from LeBron, but running at him.

Someone’s scared here, but it isn’t the coach.

Source: Wojo (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-lebronspoelstra112910)

Wow.

Draco
11-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Source: Wojo (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-lebronspoelstra112910)

Wow.

Now you've done it. The thought police are on their way.

joeboow90
11-30-2010, 12:47 PM
Lebron is such a bum. hes like an overgrown kid i really cant stand him anymore. he acts like he knows more than the coach im surprised coach spoelstra even stood up to him. finally some1 did. once he gets fired from the heat im sure he will go on to be a good coach in this league with another team like Van gundy

futureman
11-30-2010, 12:56 PM
I hope this deteriorates to the point where the heat is forced to trade him.

Minimal
11-30-2010, 01:01 PM
I think LeBron knows offence better than Spo. All I gotta say.

ShakeN'Bake
11-30-2010, 01:16 PM
I think LeBron knows offence better than Spo. All I gotta say.

Would that be the everyone stand around and watch me offense?

Seriously though why do you think that I am honestly curious to hear your reasoning.

JJ81
11-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Who cares about letting them be themselves? They can do that off the court. They're getting paid a lot of money, they should be taking it seriously and working hard 100% of the time

Draco
11-30-2010, 01:38 PM
It's interesting to me that the media doesn't protect star players by sitting on bad publicity the way they used to. I wonder why.