PDA

View Full Version : Chris Sheridan thinks Carmelo will be traded to NY, Orlando, or Dallas

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 04:40 PM
this was on a chat with sheridan today when asked what he thought will happen when alls said and done with carmelo.

jon (nyc)

how do you think the whole melo situation ends up when all is said and done?

Chris Sheridan
(2:32 PM)

Traded at the deadline, either to NY, Orlando or Dallas.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/35735

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Kind of surprised he didn't say the Bulls, but I still don't get NY. I could see Orlando and Dallas because both those teams with Melo would be instant favorites probably, but NY? I just don't get it.

Sir Buckets
11-29-2010, 04:44 PM
Anything but Orlando and Dallas. Anything.

gbrl
11-29-2010, 04:46 PM
orlando is the team i would like to see him go to

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 04:46 PM
Anything but Orlando and Dallas. Anything.

lol, those two would be so good with melo. I think orlando would be unstoppable if they had a core of nelson,melo, and howard

Giraffes Rule
11-29-2010, 04:48 PM
I went him to go to Orlando.

LTBaByyy
11-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Melo with a passing first, rebound second, and score last guard like Kidd?!?!?!?!?! CRAZY.

Plus Dirk thats crazy.

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 04:55 PM
Melo with a passing first, rebound second, and score last guard like Kidd?!?!?!?!?! CRAZY.

Plus Dirk thats crazy.

honestly, if he doesn't go to someone where they would be automatic contenders or favorites right away, melo is just dumb and you know what his true intentions are.

hugepatsfan
11-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Melo in DAL would be nasty. I'm not sure they have what it takes to get the deal done though. Thye have the expirings, but not a lot of young pieces to offer.

oak2455
11-29-2010, 04:57 PM
the way the Knicks have played.. Melo on the Knicks could be alright...but on Magic or Mavs that would move them up to 3 and 4 in the league....Lakers and Celts 1 and 2 BTW...

SouthSideRookie
11-29-2010, 04:59 PM
honestly, if he doesn't go to someone where they would be automatic contenders or favorites right away, melo is just dumb and you know what his true intentions are.

Prett much. If he gets traded to Orlando and would decide to still bolt at the end of the season, he'd be an idiot, I don't see anyone in their right mind leaving a situation like that.

Rep_tdot
11-29-2010, 04:59 PM

Plus Dirk and the rest of the talent thats crazy.

Caron Butler's 14 mil expiring + Haywood + Alexis Ajinca + Dominique Jones + 1st

for

Melo + Birdman

Can I dream???

man dont know mello and dwight would be crazy !!!

but then mello and dirk would be :speechless:

comes down to what they can offer, but the route throught the east looks easier. i would lovev to see dwight win one.

hugepatsfan
11-29-2010, 05:00 PM
DAL would have to part w/ Roddy B, Ajinca, and Stevenson to get a deal done IMO. DEN would most likely prefer to send him east.

LTBaByyy
11-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Caron Butler's 14 mil expiring + Haywood + Alexis Ajinca + Dominique Jones + 1st

for

Melo + Birdman

Can I dream???

(I didnt give Roddy Buckets because he is our future and Melo would prob still walk after the season but I still think that's a better deal than the Knicks can offer)

Sadds The Gr8
I doubt Dallas

Chicagofaithful
bah... if he went to NY it would be a lateral move from the Nugs... they'd be good for sure, but no championships in his future. If he went to orlando... bah... that would be miserable for everyone else. I think they have the most to offer too, it makes sense.

Hunter48MVP
Carmelo to Mavericks Please NO! My favorite basketball player going to the team that I hate the most. NO! NO! NO!

JerseysFinest
Sheridan is a funny guy. I remember when he absolutely berated the Nets in an article about their new arena and the prospect of Anthony coming to the team. IMO, he is either in NJ, NY, or Chicago by the deadline

JordansBulls
11-29-2010, 05:02 PM
If not the Bulls then go to Dallas.

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 05:02 PM
Prett much. If he gets traded to Orlando and would decide to still bolt at the end of the season, he'd be an idiot, I don't see anyone in their right mind leaving a situation like that.

me either honestly you need to throw out NY in that situation and bring it down to orlando, dallas, or chicago. call me a homer all you want, but thats all chicago is lacking is a consistent shooter, if they get melo, they could be favorites to win it all right away. as well in orlando and maybe dallas.

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 05:04 PM
bah... if he went to NY it would be a lateral move from the Nugs... they'd be good for sure, but no championships in his future. If he went to orlando... bah... that would be miserable for everyone else. I think they have the most to offer too, it makes sense.

everything you said is what ive been saying all summer.

LTBaByyy
11-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Melo and Dirk complements either sooooo much its scary

plus Kidd is the PG!!! Everyone plays even better when Kidd is the pg cause more shots and alley oops are around lol

and Chandler with the Defense and Rebounding

That's a perfectly arranged team

D1JM
11-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Who cares what Sheridan thinks. The only people that know is denver's front office

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Who cares what Sheridan thinks. The only people that know is denver's front office

I know, trust me I know, ESPN sucks, but its still fun to talk about.

Rep_tdot
11-29-2010, 05:06 PM

for

Melo + Birdman

Can I dream???

(I didnt give Roddy Buckets because he is our future and Melo would prob still walk after the season but I still think that's a better deal than the Knicks can offer)

c'mon rody would have to be included. nyk can give a way better package.

Rep_tdot
11-29-2010, 05:09 PM
If not the Bulls then go to Dallas.

mello and howard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> bull,dallas,nets,knicks with mello

LTBaByyy
11-29-2010, 05:10 PM
c'mon rody would have to be included. nyk can give a way better package.

Then Ill pass,bc he would still leave after the season for NY

But Mark Cuban knows how to pull trades, everyone on our roster was through a trade!!! Literally lol

1)We got Caron Butler, Haywood, and Stevenson for only Josh Howard and James Singleton!!! hahaha

2) We got Dirk for Tractor Taylor

3) We got Tyson Chandler (and Ajinca) whos playing amazing this year for only Najera, Carrol, and Dampier

4) We got Terry for only Antoine Walker and Tony Delk

Cuban knows how to pull trades

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 05:11 PM

as a bulls fan, I agree with this.

mikantsass
11-29-2010, 05:11 PM
Uhhh ohh... No Bulls?

Here comes the excuses on why they didnt want him... (See James, Lebron; Wade, Dwayne; Bosh, Chris; Stoudemire, Amare; Johnson, Joe; Miller, Mike)

Slimsim
11-29-2010, 05:12 PM
I know Denver will ask for Lando Fields and we need a guy like Lando fields He does good things without the ball and helps with he rebounding

rhymeratic
11-29-2010, 05:12 PM
Orlando & Dallas make the most sense from b-ball/chip standpoint.

Melo to Knicks only as a FA.

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Uhhh ohh... No Bulls?

Here comes the excuses on why they didnt want him... (See James, Lebron; Wade, Dwayne; Bosh, Chris; Stoudemire, Amare; Johnson, Joe; Miller, Mike)

I'm a lebron hater, but whats your excuse on being a bull hater?

mjqusoldier
11-29-2010, 05:14 PM
His first choice is NY hands sown but since its not up to him. The question is who has the best package???

Knicks have alot of good young players such as Gallo, Fields, Chandler, Douglas and Randolph but no draft 1st rd draft picks to offer.

I dont know what the Magic can offer...Maybe Lewis, Reddick and a 1st rder?????

SouthSideRookie
11-29-2010, 05:16 PM
me either honestly you need to throw out NY in that situation and bring it down to orlando, dallas, or chicago. call me a homer all you want, but thats all chicago is lacking is a consistent shooter, if they get melo, they could be favorites to win it all right away. as well in orlando and maybe dallas.

You're not being a homer. Dallas and Orlando are contenders, the Bulls are on the cusp, with Carmelo they would definately be right there for sure.

IMO he gets traded to either New Jersey, Chicago or New York.

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 05:18 PM
His first choice is NY hands sown but since its not up to him. The question is who has the best package???

Knicks have alot of good young players such as Gallo, Fields, Chandler, Douglas and Randolph but no draft 1st rd draft picks to offer.

try vc which he still can give you 16-20 pts a game and has a expiring contract. bass,reddick,anderson,pietrus, franz (rights), williams for example and multiple draft picks.

Slimsim
11-29-2010, 05:19 PM
Orlando would be Scary with Chris Paul. I think Melo to NY is a bad idea To much expectation People would consider us as Contenders even though with melo and Amare we are 4th seed at best and probably a second round exit in the playoffs. Just my opinion

jmoney85
11-29-2010, 05:19 PM

gallo and chandler are decent players

fields isnt really a player other teams are drooling over

douglas is ok but again just like fields when it comes down to upside

and please.... randolph was a roster dump from golden state in the lee sign and trade

the knicks dont have anything that other exec's dieng for

obcha22
11-29-2010, 05:20 PM
the way the Knicks have played.. Melo on the Knicks could be alright...but on Magic or Mavs that would move them up to 3 and 4 in the league....Lakers and Celts 1 and 2 BTW...

With the way felton is playing, Amare in the middle and Gallo shooting and slashing, I think Melo walks into the ideal situation. He is a slasher and scorer and that is just what this team is lacking.. He will be the primary scorer on a team with a distribution first PG, a stud big man to dish it to and a spot shooter to dish to. There is no way to D that team. They could run like hell and play half court. I think Melo wants the NYC. At least I hope so.

(him on the magic would be insane as well. But they play more of a Defensive minded game.)

lvlheaded
11-29-2010, 05:21 PM
You can not just "throw away NY" because they are rumored to be his preferred destination. That doesn't mean they will get him but they can not simply be thrown away for that matter because its where Melo is rumored to want to go to. He can simply say Im not signing anywhere but NY and force his way to the Knicks.

That said, Orlando would make a lot of sense

JordansBulls
11-29-2010, 05:22 PM

Yeah, That is why I said go to Dallas for Melo if he isn't coming to Chicago.

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 05:23 PM

and please.... randolph was a roster dump from golden state in the lee sign and trade

THIS

really trying not to hate on NY, but honestly if you look at the people who create these rumors mostly is ESPN. ESPN I think is dying for the knicks to get real good again. ESPN rumors any star going to NY, I mean look at their history. they really don't have a lot to give up at all. I don't see melo going there unless its during FA and he wants to be on a big stage.

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 05:24 PM

oraldno would probably be a better option then dallas

mikantsass
11-29-2010, 05:24 PM
I'm a lebron hater, but whats your excuse on being a bull hater?

Bulls fans such as the one below...

kntresistheheat
11-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Caron will be the perfect replacement for melo. Please don't go to Orlando go to DALLAS!!

LTBaByyy
11-29-2010, 05:27 PM
To be honest, If I get atleast Reddick, Peitrus, Bass, Orton and Gortat then Ill go with the Magic

But if I cant some how get all 5 in a deal then Ill go with the Mavs

Im about to play 2k11 lol

Kashmir13579
11-29-2010, 05:30 PM
this is non news

Slimsim
11-29-2010, 05:32 PM

Don't agree with this Fields was a second round pick that is playing better than any other rookie not name Griffin or wall.

Double_R
11-29-2010, 05:38 PM
Orlando would be Scary with Chris Paul. I think Melo to NY is a bad idea To much expectation People would consider us as Contenders even though with melo and Amare we are 4th seed at best and probably a second round exit in the playoffs. Just my opinion

Most logical thing I've read.

Orlando has the pieces to get a big deal done... not to mention Otown with Melo or CP3 would be pretty legit.

The Bulls when healthy will be the 3rd best team in the East, they might make a deal to try and get better, but they are also young and will improve regardless, but they aren't getting Melo.

Melo doesn't get traded to the Mavs... Same Conference=Not happening, what do you think the Nuggets are the Eagles.

SNYmets86
11-29-2010, 05:39 PM
melo and dwight is just to beast how can u stop those 2 period .. magic will definit be dangerous

el_primo_nano
11-29-2010, 05:47 PM
That would be scary to see him in a Magic Uni.

DasBoot
11-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Knicks have the best pieces of all these teams to offer.

Chandler, Gallinari, Fields, Randolph, Douglas, Expiring contract of Curry

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Knicks have the best pieces of all these teams to offer.

Chandler, Gallinari, Fields, Randolph, Douglas, Expiring contract of Curry

:confused: no they don't and if you wanna a response, go about one page back. somebody else explained that

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Melo to the Magic :pray:

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Melo to the Magic :pray:

If i didnt like the magic, I would be doing this :hide: especially if I played in their conference.

JB0B0
11-29-2010, 06:13 PM
Orlando and Dallas would be amazing with Melo....hopefully the Bulls can work something out with Denver first :)

thedfactor
11-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Dallas? Are we actually in this despite it only being hearsay...

Mavs do always give their two cents when it comes to big name players on the tradeing block.

Magic make tons of sense, they have decent pieces to give. Being in the east might be helpful. Maybe Denver makes it a bigger deal and swaps Billups w/ Melo to the Magic to join Dwight. Magic need either Melo or CP3 later down the road to get over the hump.

Chitown would love him, who wouldn't, but Denver wants Noah. Bulls cannot give up Noah and that might continue to be the deal breaker.

New York always in the news. Knicks could use a go-to playmaker/scorer of Melo's caliber. Melo would be happy in NYC, but had Denver received an offer they liked from NY, you'd think a deal would have been done by now. It seems revolved around Gallinari and whether he'd be included. Worth it?

I've always thought Dirk needed that true superstar player alongside him or vice versa. Of course he's played with his share of really good players, but not a Melo-type. Dallas doesn't seem to have what it would take to land Melo, but Cuban always works the phones and does his best to get talent to make the Mavs even better. Roddy B would for sure be the center piece of any deal with Dallas.

Orlando and Dallas become instant title favorites w/LA if adding Anthony.
Chicago elevates to serious threat for Boston
NY makes playoffs, 2nd rd exit, but legit improvement and hope to resign Melo

Draco
11-29-2010, 06:23 PM
No mention of the Nets and Favors?

blahblahyoutoo
11-29-2010, 06:26 PM

it is pretty much up to him. he has veto rights and no team is going to take him on unless he agrees to sign long term.

blahblahyoutoo
11-29-2010, 06:29 PM
THIS

really trying not to hate on NY, but honestly if you look at the people who create these rumors mostly is ESPN. ESPN I think is dying for the knicks to get real good again. ESPN rumors any star going to NY, I mean look at their history. they really don't have a lot to give up at all. I don't see melo going there unless its during FA and he wants to be on a big stage.

they're going by what melo and pals hinted at during his wedding over the summer. it's no secret that melo wants to be in NY.
i don't think ESPN is playing favorites.

PC
11-29-2010, 06:31 PM
try vc which he still can give you 16-20 pts a game and has a expiring contract. bass,reddick,anderson,pietrus, franz (rights), williams for example and multiple draft picks.

I don't think the Nuggets will be overly concerned with the production they could get from VC. Bottom line is that if they're trading Melo, they're going to be rebuilding so an expiring contract is an expiring contract.

I consider Bass, Pietrus, and Redick more as veterans at this point than young talent that a rebuilding team like the Nuggets would want. Plus, aside from Pietrus who has a 2 year deal, Bass and Redick are both locked down for 3 years. I don't think the Nuggets would want to be tied down by those contracts?

And Vazquez is already 27 and to my knowledge, I haven't heard anything recently to suggest that he's coming to the NBA anytime soon. I could be wrong about that. And you mention multiple draft picks but I think Melo+what the Magic have right now almost ensures that Denver would get one of the last three picks in the first round so it's virtually early second rounders, except they get guaranteed contracts...

So yeah, I do think the Nuggets can get more from the Knicks (expiring contract+some combo of Gallo, Randolph, Chandler, Fields, etc.) than they could from the Magic:)

PC
11-29-2010, 06:32 PM
No mention of the Nets and Favors?

Yeah I agree, it's surprising that the Nets weren't mentioned. In my opinion, I think it's pretty clear who the top three teams are at this point: the Knicks, Bulls, and Nets.

Draco
11-29-2010, 06:32 PM
they're going by what melo and pals hinted at during his wedding over the summer. it's no secret that melo wants to be in NY.

Sheridan admitted his NY bias when he gave his Lebron to NY prediction.

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 06:35 PM

he had admitted it before and people not on the east coast always have this joke about espn saying it stands for something like eastern sea port network cause they are so biased towards east coast teams.

DoJoTheSlasher
11-29-2010, 06:43 PM
Dallas will not give up Roddy to get Melo. If we get him, there is about a 80-85% chance he leaves for New York to try to get with Amare and Paul regardless if Dallas is better. A deal could be Butler, Jones, Stevenson and picks/cash. That probably won't be enough for Melo but that's about as much as I would offer. Melo would take shots from Dirk (who is the superior player) and Melo is also all about Melo.

The L Train
11-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Look, there is no way in hell that the Knicks should trade for Melo. And I doubt they will, I think Donnie Walsh is smarter than that.

If they were to trade for him, they'd have to give up too much, and for what, when they can probably just wait and sign him after the season? As as lifelong Knicks die hard, the last thing I want is to see a trade for Melo. Probably have to give up Gallo, Chandler, Douglas, way too much.

For as much as they'd give up, I'm not sure they'd be any better than they are now. Just wait till next year and sign him up Donnie.

thedfactor
11-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Dallas will not give up Roddy to get Melo. If we get him, there is about a 80-85% chance he leaves for New York to try to get with Amare and Paul regardless if Dallas is better. A deal could be Butler, Jones, Stevenson and picks/cash. That probably won't be enough for Melo but that's about as much as I would offer. Melo would take shots from Dirk (who is the superior player) and Melo is also all about Melo.Dirk needs a Melo and Melo needs a Dirk.

However, Orlando makes the most sense IMO. He gets there he'll stay and CP3 will join up in 2012.

Blazers#1Fan
11-29-2010, 06:47 PM
ORL
DHoward
Bass
MELO
(fill)
Nelson

CHI
NOAH
BOOZER
MELO
korver or brewer
ROSE

DAL
Chandler
DIRK
MELO
(filler)
KIDD

NYC
Turiaf
AMARE
MELO
Azubukie
Felton

i think only way CHI get melo is if its a 3team team trade with the 76ers getting deng and draft pick iguodala + pick go to DEN

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 07:00 PM
ORL
DHoward
Bass
MELO
(fill)
Nelson

CHI
NOAH
BOOZER
MELO
korver or brewer
ROSE

DAL
Chandler
DIRK
MELO
(filler)
KIDD

NYC
Turiaf
AMARE
MELO
Azubukie
Felton

i think only way CHI get melo is if its a 3team team trade with the 76ers getting deng and draft pick iguodala + pick go to DEN

could, but you never know. whoever thought the lakers would get gasol for kwame brown and marc gasol, lol

Chacarron
11-29-2010, 07:10 PM
It's his opinion. Who gives a ****?

The Jokemaker
11-29-2010, 07:13 PM
I think Melo would be a good fit at all three of these teams but I'm hoping he goes up to NY.

SluggeR
11-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Orlando and NYK could make the better offers. NYK would probably need a 3rd team, but Orlando could develop a good package by themselves. I think CP3 would be the best fit or Orlando, but I don't think Melo would hurt.

JOSKOMANG4
11-29-2010, 07:25 PM
3 way trade!

- magic acquire sf melo & pg c.billups

- pistons acquire sg v.carter & pg j.nelson

- nuggets acquire c m.gortat, sf t.prince, sg b.gordon, & pg r.stuckey

JJ_JKidd
11-29-2010, 08:17 PM
this was on a chat with sheridan today when asked what he thought will happen when alls said and done with carmelo.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/35735

Trade for Butler's expiring.

Kidd
Roddy B (maybe)
Melo
Dirk
Chandler

Off the bench:

Marion and Jet

Crunchtime line up

Kidd
Jet
Melo
Dirk
Chandler

DasBoot
11-29-2010, 08:24 PM
:confused: no they don't and if you wanna a response, go about one page back. somebody else explained that

I would venture to say a package of Wilson Chandler, Galo, expiring Curry is a much better package then what Dallas or Orlando has to offer. I'm sorry

JJ Reddick, Rashard Lewis and a Late first rounder wont do the Nuggets any good.

Nor will anything on the Mav's.

JayW_1023
11-29-2010, 08:27 PM
He'd be a horrible fit in Dallas, who have a similair player in Dirk...but he would make the Knicks a solid playoff team but Orlando the favorite the win the whole thing.

Crackadalic
11-29-2010, 08:28 PM
I doubt Melo is going to the mavs if i were the nuggets i would trade my star player out of the conference Magic Bulls Knicks in that order Magic probably has the best pieces same with the bulls the knicks probably would need a 3rd team to make something happen but there talent isnt as bad as people make it out to be

lvlheaded
11-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Listen, I am not one to say the Knicks have the best package in the world because I dont think they do. But if Melo tells the Nuggets I will only sign with NY I dont think a package of Gallo, Chandler, Curry and a pick is as bad as people want to make it...

Gallo-15.7 ppg, 4.80 rpg, 1.5 apg-22 years old

Chandler-16.2 ppg, 5.70 rpg, 1.4 apg-23 years old

Fields-11.1 ppg, 7.20 rpg, 1.6 apg-22 years old

Douglas-10.9 ppg, 2.90 rpg, 2.1 apg-24 years old

Curry is pretty much just an expiring. But keep in mind, Chandler is 23 and Gallo 22. 2 solid young players for the Nuggets to build around, along with Ty Lawson.

Now lets look at what the Magic would have to offer assuming that VC is automatically in the deal because of his expiring...

Redick-6.9 ppg, 1.50 rpg, 1.8 apg-26 years old

Nelson-14.6 ppg, 2.80 rpg, 6.8 apg-28 years old

Brandon Bass-9.3 ppg, 4.90 rpg, 1.2 apg-25 years old

Daniel Orton- No stats this season-20 years old

No team looking to rebuild would want Rashard Lewis and his asinine contract so I didnt include him.

And now Dallas assuming Caron Butler is part of the trade due to his expiring...

Roddy Beaubois- No stats this season-22 years old

Dominique Jones-0.8 ppg, 0.60 rpg, 0.6 apg-22 years old

Deshawn Stevenson-4.4 ppg, 1.20 rpg, 0.7 apg-29 years old

The only advantage either the Mavs or Magic have over the Knicks is the expiring they would be sending the Nuggets and lets be realistic, an expiring is just that. You don't build a team through expiring players. Actually EC has the biggest expiring deal in basketball so technically the Knicks could offer more financial flexibility than either team.

As for the draft pick argument, both the Magic and Mavs are going to be picking in the mid to low 20's. A team could go out and buy a pick in that area for 3 million dollars. It would not be hard for the Knicks to go out and find a pick of the same caliber of Mavs and Magic that would appease the Nuggets.

So is the Knicks package the best package ever? No. But lets not undervalue the solid young players the Knicks could offer.

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Listen, I am not one to say the Knicks have the best package in the world because I dont think they do. But if Melo tells the Nuggets I will only sign with NY I dont think a package of Gallo, Chandler, Curry and a pick is as bad as people want to make it...

Curry is pretty much just an expiring. But keep in mind, Chandler is 23 and Gallo 22. 2 solid young players for the Nuggets to build around, along with Ty Lawson.

Now lets look at what the Magic would have to offer assuming that VC is automatically in the deal because of his expiring...

No team looking to rebuild would want Rashard Lewis and his asinine contract so I didnt include him.

And now Dallas assuming Caron Butler is part of the trade due to his expiring...

The only advantage either the Mavs or Magic have over the Knicks is the expiring they would be sending the Nuggets and lets be realistic, an expiring is just that. You don't build a team through expiring players. Actually EC has the biggest expiring deal in basketball so technically the Knicks could offer more financial flexibility than either team.

As for the draft pick argument, both the Magic and Mavs are going to be picking in the mid to low 20's. A team could go out and buy a pick in that area for 3 million dollars. It would not be hard for the Knicks to go out and find a pick of the same caliber of Mavs and Magic that would appease the Nuggets.

So is the Knicks package the best package ever? No. But lets not undervalue the solid young players the Knicks could offer.

dude your forgetting gortat, pietrus, franz (draft rights) jason williams, anderson, richardson and the draft picks that they have the knicks dont

Ebbs
11-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Kidd, Roddy/ Terry, Melo, Dirk, Chandler

is pretty damg nice

lvlheaded
11-29-2010, 10:13 PM
dude your forgetting gortat, pietrus, franz (draft rights) jason williams, anderson, richardson and the draft picks that they have the knicks dont

The draft picks, like I said, would be very low 1st rounders, picks that can be very easily acquired as I noted.

And to be fair Jason Williams is 35, Gortat's best statistical season is 4.4 ppg and 4.6 rpg(hardly earth shattering considering Landry Fields is averaging better numbers as a rook) Q-Rich is 30 years old and has been no better than average for years, Pietrus is no more than a role player in his best season and if Im right, an overpaid one at that, and the rights to a player who may never come isnt exactly enticing.

Ill give you Anderson because he is young and has potential but other than that, all the players you named are not exactly players you can rebuild a team around and not one of them has had a better statistical season than Gallo or Chandler have at such young ages, except maybe Q-Rich almost 9 years ago.

Like I said, the Knicks may not have the best package, but what the Magic and Mavs are offering isnt exactly breath taking either.

jmoney85
11-29-2010, 10:22 PM

flawed logic..... knicks play a fast pace uptempo system in which they have alot more shots hence why they have good ppg numbers

effen5
11-29-2010, 10:23 PM
Stay away from the east melo

jmoney85
11-29-2010, 10:26 PM
if the knicks traded for him they would have to gut the roster to get him and they would be soooooo bad

i think the nets can get him with 2 players that dont even start and would be the #4 team in the east at worst

harris morrow melo hump brook

that would be a good lineup

lvlheaded
11-29-2010, 10:30 PM
if the knicks traded for him they would have to gut the roster to get him and they would be soooooo bad

i think the nets can get him with 2 players that dont even start and would be the #4 team in the east at worst

So the Nets get him for 2 unproven backups(I'm assuming you are talking about Favors and T-Will) and go from 6-11 to the #4 Seed in the east and The Knicks have to gut a roster that has at least 4 solid young players and 3 proven young players and go from 7th in the east at 9-9 to being "soooooo" bad? And my logic is flawed?

Not to mention you would have to include Troy Murphy for his contract and probably Humphries for good measure.

nycericanguy
11-29-2010, 11:27 PM
flawed logic..... knicks play a fast pace uptempo system in which they have alot more shots hence why they have good ppg numbers

thats sillyness. A guy like Gallo is putting up 16ppg on only about 10 shot attempts per game. You really think pace is blowing up his numbers? Maybe it adds half a point per game if you want to be extremely generous, but people throw that out there as if it makes a HUGE difference.

D'antonis system benefits PG's more than anything, as you can see with Felton averaging 18ppg & 8 apg

Crackadalic
11-29-2010, 11:51 PM

So the combination of Favors who cant even beat out humpries and T-will who is in the d league is enough to get the job done?

But a combination Of Gallo(starter)/Chandler(starter playing 6th man role)/AR(Young cheap potential and 21)/Buike(Expiring)/Eddy(expiring)/Lando(cheap young talent third best rookie so far) isnt enough

People act like we have garbage players when we have cheap young talent which the nuggets are looking for.

for the magic there best package is Q-Rich(30 streaky shooter)/R-anderson(young cheap talent)/Pietrus(expering)Vince(over 30 making 17 mil this year and next)or JJ(cheap young talent).
The nuggets be stupid to take lewis horrendous contract and i doubt the magic give up nelson knowing that duhon(doo doo) would be starting

for the bulls Deng(25 11+ for 4 years)/Gibson(cheap young talent)/Johnson(cheap young talent)Draft picks

Now depending if the nuggets are rebuilding or just making moves to improve there going to either want cheap young talent and/or expirings plus draft picks

So you tell me a nets package thats better then all 3 i listed above because i cant think of one

acehole
11-30-2010, 12:05 AM

:facepalm:

you havent watched a knicks game this season have you?

jeter 2
11-30-2010, 12:07 AM
I think the Knicks have the best offer of young talent out of all 3 teams, but I do not think Melo will get traded unless the Nuggets know he is gone. I think Melo lands in New York in the offseason-just my opinion. I think the Knicks could trade their 2011 pick(if its Houston or New York) in the offseason so there could be a lot of chatter going on in the big NYC after the collective bargaining agreement gets done.

jeter 2
11-30-2010, 12:12 AM
So the combination of Favors who cant even beat out humpries and T-will who is in the d league is enough to get the job done?

But a combination Of Gallo(starter)/Chandler(starter playing 6th man role)/AR(Young cheap potential and 21)/Buike(Expiring)/Eddy(expiring)/Lando(cheap young talent third best rookie so far) isnt enough

People act like we have garbage players when we have cheap young talent which the nuggets are looking for.

for the magic there best package is Q-Rich(30 streaky shooter)/R-anderson(young cheap talent)/Pietrus(expering)Vince(over 30 making 17 mil this year and next)or JJ(cheap young talent).
The nuggets be stupid to take lewis horrendous contract and i doubt the magic give up nelson knowing that duhon(doo doo) would be starting

for the bulls Deng(25 11+ for 4 years)/Gibson(cheap young talent)/Johnson(cheap young talent)Draft picks

Now depending if the nuggets are rebuilding or just making moves to improve there going to either want cheap young talent and/or expirings plus draft picks

So you tell me a nets package thats better then all 3 i listed above because i cant think of one

You forgot the Nets have draft picks, which could easily be lottery picks so Favors, 1 lottery pick and 1 potential lottery pick could be big for the Nuggets. However from what I've heard the Nuggets want more and the Nets are not including Favors because they do not think the competition such as the Knicks could beat their current offer. Lets hope Carmelo does not want to play in Newark(I think thats where they play) or maybe the Meadowlands and then Brooklyn in 2012.

9GRAVES9
11-30-2010, 12:13 AM
people just need to stop hating on the knicks, he wants the knicks and thats it. so any team that trades for him, will be without a contract extension. the nets deal was a done deal, and the nuggets backed out at the last minute, come on people wake up, melo nixed that deal. either he gets dealt to the knicks or he signs with them. that's whats going to happen.

MJ-BULLS
11-30-2010, 12:19 AM
i still think the main teams in for melo are NYK NJ and CHI.

but if he did go to ORL, that would be scary. please dont let that happen.

momoneyyyy
11-30-2010, 12:24 AM
i would love him to dallas but we would have to give away roddy buckets.

Raph12
11-30-2010, 12:35 AM
Melo to Orlando!!! Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please! :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

DRose7
11-30-2010, 12:38 AM
Melo in DAL would be nasty. I'm not sure they have what it takes to get the deal done though. Thye have the expirings, but not a lot of young pieces to offer.

Roddy beabouis, that dudes strikes me as a rondo in the making, hes def young talent to build apon

HeaTxRipZz
11-30-2010, 12:49 AM
hmmm reguardless I still believe the teams with best chances whether it happens this season or a sign n trade when he's a FA is NYK, Bulls, NJ and then Orlando. Dallas is probably up there some where as well but I can't see Denver trading him to another western conference team and shooting themselves in the foot. Rebuilding or not I don't think many people want to make sure a team in the same conference will beat up on their young players especially a team with Kidd, JET, Melo, Marion and Dirk.

I could see Bulls doing something for sure if they are willing to take Deng's contract and probably a package including Taj Gibson and some picks. The knicks would probably have to move Gallinari, Chandler and more than likely Toney Douglas so they can allow those 3 to grow with Ty Lawson and any other future picks.

The Nets would definitely have to move Favors, Murphy and I could see Denver wanting a SF like Outlaw there.

I personally think that Bulls & Knicks are clearly ahead of anyone else and that's not because I love both teams but because with the Bulls the instantly become favorites to win and with the Knicks Melo gets what he wants basically. The Big stage, Playing with one of his best friends Amare and whatever else that may come along.

Also like others have said and I will add now....If he went to Orlando with Dwight that would be sooooooo nasty......They would punish ppl for a longggg time. My only question is what players would have to be moved to make that possible? I can't see a rebuilding team taking on Rashard Lewis's bloated contract if they are trying to build a whole new team

Raph12
11-30-2010, 01:18 AM
hmmm reguardless I still believe the teams with best chances whether it happens this season or a sign n trade when he's a FA is NYK, Bulls, NJ and then Orlando. Dallas is probably up there some where as well but I can't see Denver trading him to another western conference team and shooting themselves in the foot. Rebuilding or not I don't think many people want to make sure a team in the same conference will beat up on their young players especially a team with Kidd, JET, Melo, Marion and Dirk.

I could see Bulls doing something for sure if they are willing to take Deng's contract and probably a package including Taj Gibson and some picks. The knicks would probably have to move Gallinari, Chandler and more than likely Toney Douglas so they can allow those 3 to grow with Ty Lawson and any other future picks.

The Nets would definitely have to move Favors, Murphy and I could see Denver wanting a SF like Outlaw there.

I personally think that Bulls & Knicks are clearly ahead of anyone else and that's not because I love both teams but because with the Bulls the instantly become favorites to win and with the Knicks Melo gets what he wants basically. The Big stage, Playing with one of his best friends Amare and whatever else that may come along.

Also like others have said and I will add now....If he went to Orlando with Dwight that would be sooooooo nasty......They would punish ppl for a longggg time. My only question is what players would have to be moved to make that possible? I can't see a rebuilding team taking on Rashard Lewis's bloated contract if they are trying to build a whole new team

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=276b47e

VC and Pietrus are expiring, so we could send them Carter, Nelson, Pietrus and Anderson for Melo, Chauncey and Smith (guys they want to get rid of)... That's young talent and expiring.

Nuggets:
PG - Nelson-Lawson
SG - Carter-Afflalo
SF - Pietrus-Forbes
PF - Harrington-RyanAnderson-Williams
C - Nene-ChrisAnderson

Magic:
PG - Billups-Duhon-JWill
SG - Redick-Smith
SF - Melo-QRich
PF - Lewis-Bass
C - Dwight-Gortat

This would allow the Nuggets to stay competitive for the rest of the season and rebuild in the offseason...

Dade County
11-30-2010, 03:17 AM
Melo to Orlando!!! Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please! :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

I think he should go their too........ but at the end of the day, Orlando will still not win a ring.

I'm a heat fan, so feel free to bash.

shep33
11-30-2010, 03:25 AM
Doesn't make sense that Denver would send him to Dallas, being in the same conference and all. New York is the likely destination... Chicago would be disgusting.

Raph12
11-30-2010, 03:50 AM
I think he should go their too........ but at the end of the day, Orlando will still not win a ring.

I'm a heat fan, so feel free to bash.

Seeming as how you said "I'm a heat fan, so feel free to bash" and your username is "Dade County" I am pretty sure you are not a Heat fan... So screw you Lakers/Bulls/Knicks fan! :D

Trouble87
11-30-2010, 04:02 AM
he's going to the Mavs

they have the mix of expiring contracts and young talent that could land Melo & maybe JR Smith

Phenomenonsense
11-30-2010, 04:17 AM
3 way trade!

- magic acquire sf melo & pg c.billups

- pistons acquire sg v.carter & pg j.nelson

- nuggets acquire c m.gortat, sf t.prince, sg b.gordon, & pg r.stuckey

lmao. The pistons give up Prince, BG7, and their best player this far, for Nelson, not an upgrade over stuckey in our system as the SF plays a lot of PG this year, and an aged VC? Holy hell, we're not the wolves.

Dade County
11-30-2010, 11:31 AM
Seeming as how you said "I'm a heat fan, so feel free to bash" and your username is "Dade County" I am pretty sure you are not a Heat fan... So screw you Lakers/Bulls/Knicks fan! :D

LMAO!!!

I am a heat fan, born and raised in the county of dade; so now you can post, screw you heat fan lol.
If Orlando gets Melo, we can have are self a nice little rivalry, did you expect me to say that Orlando will win a ring if they get Melo, (NOOOOOO!!!) that means, that year the heat will not win; so now you no I am a heat fan........ :D So bash........ We will have good playoff WARS, for years to come; I just would like the HEAT to win all of them.

D Roses Bulls
11-30-2010, 11:57 AM

:sad2: but ralph, I love the Magic too

ravistarr
11-30-2010, 01:06 PM
One thing that hasn't really been mentioned (through page 3 of this thread...didn't read everything) is that Melo said that he wants to go to a DEFENSE MINDED team. That's a telling comment on his part. He knows that run and gun just doesn't win championships. That's why I think Orlando, Bulls and possibly New Jeresey have to be preferred destinations for him.

I think he knows D'Antoni's system just won't produce championships.

Go_NUGGETS
11-30-2010, 01:15 PM
One thing that hasn't really been mentioned (through page 3 of this thread...didn't read everything) is that Melo said that he wants to go to a DEFENSE MINDED team. That's a telling comment on his part. He knows that run and gun just doesn't win championships. That's why I think Orlando, Bulls and possibly New Jeresey have to be preferred destinations for him.

I think he knows D'Antoni's system just won't produce championships.

Melo hasn't said anything.

ravistarr
11-30-2010, 01:19 PM
Melo hasn't said anything.

I can understand how you might not have seen this. It didn't get that much press at the time.

On Monday at morning shootaround, I asked Melo about coach Mike D’Antoni’s offensive system in New York: “You’re up and down, fast-paced and you get extra possessions in the game,” he said. “On the flip side, I’ve been on teams where we weren’t known for our defense, and that’s not something I want to ever deal with again.”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2010/11/15/carmelo-anthony-talks-about-tuesdays-game-against-the-new-york-knicks/

Draco
11-30-2010, 01:21 PM
It's easy to believe that the Knicks are one of those organizations that wouldn't blink at dealing for Melo as a rental. That's the only way I see him going there because I don't see any good basketball reasons for Melo wanting to be a Knick.

Raph12
11-30-2010, 01:48 PM
:sad2: but ralph, I love the Magic too

Raph no Ralph, short for Raphael...

I was just trying to say screw "that guy" not all fans of each team.

LMAO!!!

I am a heat fan, born and raised in the county of dade; so now you can post, screw you heat fan lol.
If Orlando gets Melo, we can have are self a nice little rivalry, did you expect me to say that Orlando will win a ring if they get Melo, (NOOOOOO!!!) that means, that year the heat will not win; so now you no I am a heat fan........ :D So bash........ We will have good playoff WARS, for years to come; I just would like the HEAT to win all of them.

Well in that case, you should hope we don't get Melo, he's a guy who could score on anybody and the absolute best guy when it comes to the last shot. Ask Lebron, he lit his Cavs up for 41pts including the game-winner which he drained in his eye... It will be a great rivalry regardless, but if we get Melo, it will be of epic proportions.

Btw if we get CP3, game over.

I can understand how you might not have seen this. It didn't get that much press at the time.

On Monday at morning shootaround, I asked Melo about coach Mike D’Antoni’s offensive system in New York: “You’re up and down, fast-paced and you get extra possessions in the game,” he said. “On the flip side, I’ve been on teams where we weren’t known for our defense, and that’s not something I want to ever deal with again.”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2010/11/15/carmelo-anthony-talks-about-tuesdays-game-against-the-new-york-knicks/

YES!!! And since the Nuggets don't want to trade him to a team out West, that leaves Orlando and NJ... Cmon Melo, where do you want to play, in NJ with Harris-Lopez? :puke: or on the ORLANDO MAGIC with Dwight Howard! :cool:

ravistarr
11-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Raph no Ralph, short for Raphael...

I was just trying to say screw "that guy" not all fans of each team.

Well in that case, you should hope we don't get Melo, he's a guy who could score on anybody and the absolute best guy when it comes to the last shot. Ask Lebron, he lit his Cavs up for 41pts including the game-winner which he drained in his eye... It will be a great rivalry regardless, but if we get Melo, it will be of epic proportions.

YES!!! And since the Nuggets don't want to trade him to a team out West, that leaves Orlando and NJ... Cmon Melo, where do you want to play, in NJ with Harris-Lopez? :puke: or on the ORLANDO MAGIC with Dwight Howard! :cool:

I'm just curious why you're disregarding the possibility of the Bulls in your reasoning?

Dade County
11-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Raph no Ralph, short for Raph

:cool:

That is my dream line-up for the magic, (but the league want let it happen, it would destroy four franchises; but i do feel like the league should subtract) but I would love to see that team in the playoffs CP3, Melo, and Super Man ....... it would be F'in amazing !!!
But I'm still not afraid.

Raph12
11-30-2010, 04:12 PM
I'm just curious why you're disregarding the possibility of the Bulls in your reasoning?

Didn't know they were an option... Would you guys be willing to blow your team up for a 1yr rental?

That is my dream line-up for the magic, (but the league want let it happen, it would destroy four franchises; but i do feel like the league should subtract) but I would love to see that team in the playoffs CP3, Melo, and Super Man ....... it would be F'in amazing !!!
But I'm still not afraid.

That would just be unfair, plus we don't have the pieces to get it done really.

ravistarr
11-30-2010, 04:17 PM
No, but I'm not sure they'd have to. Taj Gibson is an increasingly valuable piece, plus they have draft picks, including Charlotte's 1st, which grows increasingly unprotected each year. Deng is the ? He would either have to raise his value or get traded for another more appealing piece that Denver would want.

godolphins
11-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Anything but the Knicks

Tony_Starks
11-30-2010, 05:44 PM
Him on Dallas would actually put them in position to beat the Lakers. I prefer to see him go to Orlando though, him and Dwight? Man oh man, that would be sick!

Evolution23
11-30-2010, 05:51 PM
I can Melo going to New York or Orlando. But it makes no sense to go to Bulltown, they have nobody to trade for.They have zero assets that the Nuggets want. PLus Rose and Melo would never work just like Wade and Lebron isn't working.

Mavrix
11-30-2010, 08:19 PM
Caron Butler (big exp contract), Roddy Beaubious (young talent), JJ Barea, first rounder, and cash for Melo and trash

Mavrix
11-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Caron Butler (big exp contract), Roddy Beaubious (young talent), JJ Barea, first rounder, and cash for Melo and trash

If Dallas gets Melo + Carter..

Kidd - Terry/Carter
Terry - Stevenson/Jones
Melo - Marion
Dirk - Marion/Cardinal
Chandler - Haywood

Raph12
11-30-2010, 08:39 PM
If Dallas gets Melo + Carter..

Kidd - Terry/Carter
Terry - Stevenson/Jones
Melo - Marion
Dirk - Marion/Cardinal
Chandler - Haywood

But do you think Denver is dumb enough to trade him within the conference?

D Roses Bulls
11-30-2010, 08:45 PM
But do you think Denver is dumb enough to trade him within the conference?

Nope.........

I Hope its the Bulls or Magic, if not, I will be super pissed.

Blazers#1Fan
11-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Nope.........

I Hope its the Bulls or Magic, if not, I will be super pissed.

i hope its chicago all chi needs to trade is Deng,Gibson a 1st in 2011 and a future 1st and 2013 and maybe korver or brewer

Noah
Boozer
Melo
Brewer or korver
Rose

that is the scariest team in the league if it go's down

jeter 2
11-30-2010, 09:24 PM
I think its pretty naive to say that Melo and Amare would not at least be a top 4-5 team in the East. The Knicks are currently 9-9, which is not far from the Miami Heat. The Knicks do have young talent, but those guys could more likely be good NBA players than NBA superstars. However, I am not saying the Knicks have the best offer but if Melo continues to pursue his goal of going to the Knicks, the Nuggets will have to look at the Knicks offer because Orlando and Dallas cannot put together a package of solid young, cheap talent as the Knicks can. Honestly, you guys honestly think Melo and Amare could not be a lethal duo?

DenButsu
12-01-2010, 12:19 AM
From the Nuggets' perspective, I think there's no way in hell Melo gets traded to the Mavs.

And either of NY or Orl would definitely need 3rd/4th teams in the mix to provide better picks, prospects and cap relief to the Nuggets than either team alone is able to now.

dturpin598
12-01-2010, 11:45 AM
From the Nuggets' perspective, I think there's no way in hell Melo gets traded to the Mavs.

And either of NY or Orl would definitely need 3rd/4th teams in the mix to provide better picks, prospects and cap relief to the Nuggets than either team alone is able to now.

As a Mavs fan, I would have to agree with you. He will end up in the East somewhere.

thedfactor
12-01-2010, 12:04 PM

And either of NY or Orl would definitely need 3rd/4th teams in the mix to provide better picks, prospects and cap relief to the Nuggets than either team alone is able to now.Exactly. It's not plausible for several reasons. It's as if situations were reversed, I couldn't see the Mavs dealing Dirk to Denver. Melo to Dallas isn't happening.

Shamar81
12-01-2010, 04:11 PM
THIS

I disagree if anything ESPN is always belittling us and laughing at us. We are always ranked under the nets even though we have had a better record than them for the past three years. Your boy Chris Bousssard is always hating on us. Espn cares only about two teams, Lakers and Heat thats it.

Shamar81
12-01-2010, 04:16 PM
As a Mavs fan, I would have to agree with you. He will end up in the East somewhere.

I agree with you as much as I like melo to dallas, Denver isnt trading their best player in there conference at all. He's going to the East for sure. I would think the knicks are in the lead for his services via trade or free agency

D Roses Bulls
12-01-2010, 04:16 PM
I disagree if anything ESPN is always belittling us and laughing at us. We are always ranked under the nets even though we have had a better record than them for the past three years. Your boy Chris Bousssard is always hating on us. Espn cares only about two teams, Lakers and Heat thats it.

I disagree....... they will answer negative questions about almost every team besides the heat and knicks (maybe even boston). you asked them what the knicks have to give up for melo and they dont have an answer. i dont know if they are just trying to get ratings from new york or what. broussard was a knicks beat writer. i think that guy is an idiot.

Shamar81
12-01-2010, 04:26 PM
I disagree....... they will answer negative questions about almost every team besides the heat and knicks (maybe even boston). you asked them what the knicks have to give up for melo and they dont have an answer. i dont know if they are just trying to get ratings from new york or what. broussard was a knicks beat writer. i think that guy is an idiot.

well I agree with you is that Chris Broussard is an idiot lol and I forgot to mention Boston they Love Boston.

oak2455
12-01-2010, 04:27 PM

Broussard and all of ESPN looks sad when talking bout the Heat...