PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Power Rankings: week 5

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 04:33 PM
1 (2) Spurs 14-2 Stealing this edgy-but-effective comment concept from friend o' the committee Jemele Hill: How many Hollywood actresses does Tony Parker have to split up with to get the new high-octane Spurs some media spotlight?
2 (6) Mavericks 12-4 Historic week in Big D: Mavs sweep four games in five nights for just the third time in team history ... and The Sports Guy launches a passionate Dirk4MVP campaign on his podcast that sees us trying to calm him down.
3 (4) Celtics 12-4 Delonte's injury is an undeniable blow, but Rondo's return puts our focus back on dimeage, with RR (14.2 apg) attempting to join John Stockton as the only other player in history to average 14 dimes for an entire season.
4 (5) Magic 12-4 Time to start considering the possibility that those offseason tutorials from Hakeem Olajuwon did make some impact? Dwight has scored at least 20 points in six straight games, two games shy of his best-ever scoring run.
5 (3) Lakers 13-4 Wondering why the Lakers can't crack the top two? Must have escaped you that the champs are in the midst of their second losing streak and have feasted on teams with a combined record of 83-131 in their 13 wins.
6 (9) Jazz 13-5 Make that eight winning comebacks already this season after facing a double-digit deficit before Sunday's rally vs. the Clippers ... although the repeated need for comebacks still strikes us as equal parts worrisome and awesome.
7 (1) Hornets 12-4 Apologies to the Hornets, who are suddenly 4-4 since that 8-0 start and bookended the week with a loss to the Clips and a fall-from-ahead L to the Spurs for their first home defeat. Looks like the rankings' jinx still has some juice.
8 (7) Bulls 9-6 Not much more you have to say beyond running the final tab on the havoc D-Rose wreaked on the first winning Circus Trip (4-3) since MJ's last season running with the Bulls in 1997-98: 30.5 ppg, 6.5 apg and 5.7 rpg.
9 (8) Thunder 11-6 We're down to two players averaging at least 20 points, five rebounds and five assists: LeBron and Westbrook. Which means Durant, amazingly, wouldn't even be voted the first-month MVP on his own team. Right?
10 (12) Nuggets 10-6 Four straight wins. Four more to 1,000 lifetime for George Karl. A buzzer-beating dagger against Chicago -- and an attempt to play through illness -- from the allegedly detached Melo. Life's as tranquil as it ever gets in Denver.
11 (20) Pacers 8-7 Road wins over the Heat and Lakers? Sandwiched around a gut-wrenching OT loss to OKC? Throw in the recent narrow L to Orlando and you get one the finest 3-2 stretches in the nine-season existence of this committee.
12 (11) Trail Blazers 8-8 Not the best start to Portland's four-game swing through the East: Nate McMillan announces that B-Roy is restricted to 30-to-35 mpg ... and a players-only meeting ensues after losing in New Jersey on the first stop.
13 (10) Heat 9-8 The number of Cavs questions lobbed at LeBron this week in advance of his first game back in Cleveland just got slashed. A 9-8 start, rumblings of player dismay with Spoelstra and Bumpgate surely took care of that.
14 (13) Suns 8-9 You don't have to have your own rankings formula like Professor Hollinger to know that allowing 138 points to the Nuggets -- when Melo plays only two minutes -- sounds about as good to Alvin Gentry as trading Nash.
15 (14) Hawks 11-7 We indefinitely suspend all "Highlight Factory" references. The Hawks boast all of two wins over teams with records of .500 or better (New York and Indy) and have five losses at home after seven all of last season.
16 (21) Knicks 9-9 The Knicks' victims in this 6-1 run indeed have a combined record of just 44-75. But five of those wins came on the road ... and Landry Fields is one of only four rookies scoring in double figures. Let Spike Lee enjoy the moment.
17 (15) Grizzlies 7-10 You can safely assume Mayo isn't thrilled with new sixth-man role, just as you can safely assume that the new job description will only increase outside trade interest in him. The Grizz, though, are 3-1 since the switch.
18 (16) Bucks 6-10 Probably not hugely surprising given the Bucks' standing as the NBA's least efficient team offensively, but they've lost all three games decided by three points or less. (Miami and Philly are also 0-3 in one-possession games.)
19 (24) Cavaliers 7-9 Think back to July -- or even October -- and tell me you would have dared to predict that the jilted Cavs would be starting the week of LeBron's return to the Q with the East's eighth seed and only two Ws fewer than Miami?
20 (23) Rockets 5-11 Durant's buzzer miss Sunday might have been Houston's first fortuitous bounce of the season. The Yao-less/Aaron Brooks-less Rockets took a perfectly blemished record of 0-7 into that game when held under 100 points.
21 (19) Warriors 8-9 Surprising: Golden State is a heady 7-1 with D-Lee in uniform (1-8 without him). Stunning: Heat castoff Dorell Wright is tied with Jason Richardson for the league lead in most games with at least six 3-pointers (three).
22 (17) Bobcats 6-11 The next team they beat with a record of .500 or better will be the first. The Bobs are 0-8 against that group -- including last week's consecutive momentum-crushing losses to the Knicks -- and 6-3 against sub-.500 teams.
23 (18) Raptors 6-11 Losing the Rodmanesque rebounding of Reggie Evans also robs the Raps of their biggest post-Bosh personality ... but we'll get by on more of the brief flurries of 3s (and resultant ovations) Peja has delivered so far.
24 (26) Nets 6-11 If the rumors are true about Kris "Career Year" Humphries and Kim Kardashian, maybe Prokhorov wins that ring sooner than anyone thinks. As the Saints (Kim and Reggie Bush) and Lakers (Khloe and Lamar) could tell you.
25 (22) Pistons 6-11 No matter what you think of what's left of his own game at this point, T-Mac's views on the "terrible" compatability of the LeBron/D-Wade tag team in Miami are relevant, candid and irresistible comment fodder.
26 (27) 76ers 4-13 Funny thing about Philly: The same team beaten twice in overtime by the Wiz has cruised by double-digits in all four of its rare victories. Must be why Hollinger's rankings treat the Jrue Holiday Sixers kinder than we do.
27 (29) Wizards 5-10 J-Wall is averaging 18.0 points, 9.1 assists and 2.6 steals ... numbers no rook has managed for an entire season. What we didn't expect: Wall missing five of his first 15 games while his ROY co-favorite in L.A. has missed none.
28 (30) Clippers 3-15 When Vinny Del Negro said he didn't regret taking the Clippers' job after a 1-13 start, it didn't take too many guesses to pinpoint why: If you have to leave Derrick Rose's side, Blake Griffin ain't a bad rebound rook.
29 (28) Timberwolves 4-13 The committee (of one) gets its first live look later this week at 'Sota's eclectic front-line triumvirate of K-Love, Beasley and Darko. We're probably more excited than we should be saying out loud but & oops. Too late.
30 (25) Kings 4-11 Cousins, like the Knicks' Fields, is also on the four-man short list of rookies scoring in double figures along with Griffin and Wall. The defenseless Kings, though, can't enjoy it amid all the losing and Tyreke's soph slump.

http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings

JayW_1023
11-29-2010, 04:35 PM
Spurs at 1. Damn straight!

Baller1
11-29-2010, 04:40 PM
No way Bulls should be ahead of the Thunder, but other than that, it looks good.

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 04:43 PM
No way Bulls should be ahead of the Thunder, but other than that, it looks good.

:rolleyes: Bulls have the same amount of loses and just went 4-3 on the road in the west on the circus trip and could have easily been 5-2 on the trip if thibs didnt screw up that nuggets game without rose. thats why they are ranked higher right now because of quality of wins on the road.

gbrl
11-29-2010, 04:44 PM
good list i agree with spurs being #1 also like that the pacers made the biggest jump

Baller1
11-29-2010, 04:46 PM
:rolleyes: Bulls have the same amount of loses and just went 4-3 on the road in the west on the circus trip and could have easily been 5-2 on the trip if thibs didnt screw up that nuggets game without rose. thats why they are ranked higher right now because of quality of wins on the road.

We have a 6-2 road record, beat the Bulls head-to-head, and have a better record. There's really no reason the Bulls should be higher, at all.

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 04:48 PM
We have 6-2 road record, beat the Bulls head-to-head, and have a better record. There's really no reason the Bulls should be higher, at all.

but marc steins rankings are based on a weekly basis really. not the season. yes, you beat the bulls in the opener, but that was a month ago, not last week. he mostly bases his rankings on what a team did the following week.

jimbobjarree
11-29-2010, 05:43 PM
jazz 6th going for their 6th straight tonight...its a sign!

dnewguy
11-29-2010, 05:45 PM
In the end, none of those teams ranked above the Heat can beat them when play-offs approaches.

ManRam
11-29-2010, 05:47 PM
I'm a thunder hater I've decided...but they should definitely be ahead of the bulls. The bulls have played what we like to call a cupcake schedule.

The lakers, despite their losses of late, are the best team in the league still.

FaM0us Skins
11-29-2010, 05:48 PM
I'm glad to see the Spurs finally at the top of the Power Rankings again

Baller1
11-29-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm a thunder hater I've decided...but they should definitely be ahead of the bulls. The bulls have played what we like to call a cupcake schedule.

The lakers, despite their losses of late, are the best team in the league still.

Why are you a Thunder hater? :(

LTBaByyy
11-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Mavs are #2!!!!!!!!!! I like this :)

Add Carmello and we will move up one spot.

ChiSox219
11-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Hollinger rankings:

1. Spurs
2. Celtics
3. Mavs
4. Lakers
5. Bulls
6. Hornets
7. Jazz
8. Magic
9. Pacers
10. Heat

ManRam
11-29-2010, 05:51 PM
In the end, none of those teams ranked above the Heat can beat them when play-offs approaches.

Look, I've supported the heat and defended against heat bashing...but how can you honestly say that, especially stated as fact not opinion? What have they shown that proves you are right.

At least save your fellow heat fans some grief and just state that as your opinion and not so boldly without anything at all to back it up.

ChiSox219
11-29-2010, 05:52 PM

Cupcake schedule?

:facepalm:

The Bulls have played the 4th toughest schedule.

http://espn.go.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS

Based on Hollinger's SOS the Bulls have played the #1 most difficult schedule

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings/_/sort/sos

Giraffes Rule
11-29-2010, 05:52 PM

lolwut?

29$JerZ
11-29-2010, 05:53 PM
NY at 16 :)

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 05:54 PM

what? :confused: they have had the 3rd or 4th hardest schedule in the NBA.

ManRam
11-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Why are you a Thunder hater? :(

I like being a contrarian. I love russy, but the team as a whole and durant especially have received too much love and praise that I feel wasnt totally deserved. they're like the love child now...so I'm making it my job to not like them. To much hype this off season for the tram and especially KD.

Makes sense, right?

finalverse
11-29-2010, 05:58 PM
We have a 6-2 road record, beat the Bulls head-to-head, and have a better record. There's really no reason the Bulls should be higher, at all.They don't rank them by record. They rank it on who has the better team.

JordansBulls
11-29-2010, 05:59 PM
We have a 6-2 road record, beat the Bulls head-to-head, and have a better record. There's really no reason the Bulls should be higher, at all.

That's like saying: Thunder lost to Rockets and Mavs while the Bulls beat the Rockets and Mavs, thus the Bulls should be in front.

ManRam
11-29-2010, 06:00 PM
what? :confused: they have had the 3rd or 4th hardest schedule in the NBA.

Youre right. I'm on my stupid cell phone since my computer broke. I had both the lakers and chicago's schedule/SOS up. The lakers have the weak SOS. Ignore me.

Baller1
11-29-2010, 06:00 PM
I like being a contrarian. I love russy, but the team as a whole and durant especially have received too much love and praise that I feel wasnt totally deserved. they're like the love child now...so I'm making it my job to not like them. To much hype this off season for the tram and especially KD.

Makes sense, right?

Yeah, unfortunately I know exactly what you mean. And I actually agree with you, so I understand. Plus, I've grown to know that you'll respect a team/player even if you don't necessarily like them. So I'm hoping they'll prove you wrong. :)

DaBUU
11-29-2010, 06:01 PM
Spurs at 1. Damn straight!

they deserve it, Underrated so far

DaBUU
11-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Cupcake schedule?

:facepalm:

The Bulls have played the 4th toughest schedule.

http://espn.go.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS

Based on Hollinger's SOS the Bulls have played the #1 most difficult schedule

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings/_/sort/sos

lol, let me guess these rankings suck too, correct?

Baller1
11-29-2010, 06:03 PM
That's like saying: Thunder lost to Rockets and Mavs while the Bulls beat the Rockets and Mavs, thus the Bulls should be in front.

There's always parity in the league, so that makes that statement completely irrelevant. Every single team loses to teams that have beat others (that was confusing, but I think you get what I'm saying).

Head to head is different, and regardless of that, we still have the better record.

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 06:04 PM
Hollinger rankings:

1. Spurs
2. Celtics
3. Mavs
4. Lakers
5. Bulls
6. Hornets
7. Jazz
8. Magic
9. Pacers
10. Heat

hollinger is just a joke.

ChiSox219
11-29-2010, 06:06 PM
hollinger is just a joke.

Well, not really, but ok.

Avenged
11-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Decent list. Nice to see the Spurs and Mavs at the top, well deserved.

Oh and the Heat aren't even in the top 10 in the most basic of rankings.. Ouch.

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 06:08 PM
Well, not really, but ok.

he still has the heat in the top 10 man...... I'm really surprised he didnt find some reason to keep the heat number 1. I bet some how he will come out with an article to blame the lakers to why the heat arnt number 1 this week.

ChiSox219
11-29-2010, 06:11 PM
he still has the heat in the top 10 man...... I'm really surprised he didnt find some reason to keep the heat number 1. I bet some how he will come out with an article to blame the lakers to why the heat arnt number 1 this week.

His rankings are objective, the formula he has used for years now determines the rankings.

I don't know how Stein determines his rankings but it seems to be pretty subjective.

Draco
11-29-2010, 06:18 PM
Youre right. I'm on my stupid cell phone since my computer broke. I had both the lakers and chicago's schedule/SOS up. The lakers have the weak SOS. Ignore me.

lol.

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 06:25 PM
His rankings are objective, the formula he has used for years now determines the rankings.

I don't know how Stein determines his rankings but it seems to be pretty subjective.

I know all of this, but his formulas are a joke. no one else that has anything to do with the NBA uses similar formulas. thats why you hear all the time why hollinger gets bashed. his formulas are non sense like his PER rankings.

sep11ie
11-29-2010, 06:25 PM
Look, I've supported the heat and defended against heat bashing...but how can you honestly say that, especially stated as fact not opinion? What have they shown that proves you are right.

At least save your fellow heat fans some grief and just state that as your opinion and not so boldly without anything at all to back it up.

Thats why he's easily the most :facepalm:'d and sig quoted poster in the NBA forum.

abe_froman
11-29-2010, 06:29 PM

strength of schedule,we had a tougher schedule than you guys

BaustinSali08
11-29-2010, 06:29 PM
Pacers ranked 11th and 9th......:dance:

DoJoTheSlasher
11-29-2010, 06:35 PM

You guys are 9-8 when according to all Miami fans and local bars you guys should be 17-0. Let's concentrate Wade not having only 1 good game out of every 3, same thing with Bosh and also Miami beating teams over .500.

LA, BOS, ORL, SA, DAL, UTA. You won't beat these teams in the playoffs. MIL and ATL have good shots as well.

Baller1
11-29-2010, 06:36 PM
strength of schedule,we had a tougher schedule than you guys

By about 2 games. That doesn't warrant a higher ranking.

I could care less about power rankings, but I'm just making the logical case. The Bulls shouldn't be ranked higher than OKC.

DaBUU
11-29-2010, 06:38 PM
Pacers ranked 11th and 9th......:dance:

Pacers and Granger are underrated

Sir Buckets
11-29-2010, 06:38 PM

The lakers, despite their losses of late, are the best team in the league still.If there was ever a time to spit out my beverage...

I think you're serious, so I'll go forth here. The Bulls have had one of the toughest early schedules in the league. According to Hollinger, we've had the hardest SOS (Strength of Schedule) out of anyone, at .561. The Mavs, 2nd, are at .557.

The Lakers have had the 4th easiest, at .455 -- just throwing that out there.

Hollinger Rankings (Sorted by SOS) (http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings/_/sort/sos)

Oh, and we did all that without our 2nd best player.

And for the record, the Thunder are my 2nd favorite team.

*edit* I see this issue has already been resolved, as I though it might be. G'day gentlemen.

jp611
11-29-2010, 06:39 PM

lol... is this some kind of joke?

Sir Buckets
11-29-2010, 06:41 PM
lol... is this some kind of joke?I hope.

adidas2307
11-29-2010, 06:48 PM
By about 2 games. That doesn't warrant a higher ranking.

I could care less about power rankings, but I'm just making the logical case. The Bulls should be ranked higher than OKC.

Who's side are you on man? :p

Kashmir13579
11-29-2010, 06:52 PM

are you for real? :facepalm: really? at this point? at least this dude hasn't hopped off the bandwagon yet. i guess thats worth something:rolleyes:

Silent
11-29-2010, 06:55 PM

haha thats if they make the playoffs

finalverse
11-29-2010, 06:56 PM
The Bulls should be ranked higher than OKCIf you feel that way then why are you hating the rankings?

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 06:56 PM
are you for real? :facepalm: really? at this point? at least this dude hasn't hopped off the bandwagon yet. i guess thats worth something:rolleyes:

yeah, I'll give him credit for that.

Baller1
11-29-2010, 06:57 PM
Who's side are you on man? :p

:laugh2:

My bad, thanks for pointing out my flaws. Edited.

D Roses Bulls
If you feel that way then why are you hating the rankings?

yeah baller, seriously, your confusing the hell out of me right now.

LakersMaster24
Totaly agree with the list, I expect the Spurs to stay on top for another week or two. As we get further into the season, i think the Lakers and the Celtics will be on top (as usually). :) Btw why do you guys think dnewguy has over 1000 posts already? Anyone who posts just out-right funny things about how the 9-8 Heat are superior will have over 1000 in about 2-3 months. You guys should checkout his new thread at the Heat forum. :facepalm:

tcav701
11-29-2010, 06:58 PM
lol... is this some kind of joke?

I agree with Dnewguy,

Come playoff time, the following will be done in Maimi:

The Heat will get CP3 for Juwan Howard and their 2035 1st rounder. ( dont have a 1st round pick untill then)

The Heat will get Dwight Howard for Arroyo, Dampier, Erik Spoelstra and the rights to the empty seats in the American Airlines Arena.

Pat Riley, Phil Jackson and Doc Rivers will all unite and coach the Heat for the next 45 years.

U MAD?????

Baller1
If you feel that way then why are you hating the rankings?

Typo.

finalverse
lol I know, just messin with you

bodupp311
11-29-2010, 07:25 PM

The Bulls have played The Thunder, Celtics, Spurs, Mavs, Lakers & Denver ON THE ROAD so far. Yeah, um...no.

bodupp311
11-29-2010, 07:27 PM
yeah baller, seriously, your confusing the hell out of right now.

Ignore him, he's always *****ing about The Bulls in some form or another.

Baller1
11-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Ignore him, he's always *****ing about The Bulls in some form or another.

Or maybe I'm just sick of all the Rose love, and actually take the time to debate it?

I've learned which Bulls fans to actually discuss with and which to ignore though, so I'm not going to waste my time with you.

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Or maybe I'm just sick of all the Rose love, and actually take the time to debate it?

I've learned which Bulls fans to actually discuss with and which to ignore though, so I'm not going to waste my time with you.

oh so thats why I never got a response :sad2:

Baller1
11-29-2010, 07:41 PM
oh so thats why I never got a response :sad2:

No, you're actually tolerable. Most of you have become tolerable, and I'm going to assume because you guys are aware that I know what I'm talking about (when it comes to the Thunder at least), and because I'm an ******* and you guys don't like me.

Either or.

Chicagofaithful
11-29-2010, 07:41 PM

Except for the fact that the bulls have played the hardest schedule in the NBA to date.... so I'd say thats a pretty legitimate reason. Thanks for your concern though

finalverse
11-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Or maybe I'm just sick of all the Rose love, and actually take the time to debate it?Dayum it really does bother you. :speechless:

Baller1
11-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Except for the fact that the bulls have played the hardest schedule in the NBA to date.... so I'd say thats a pretty legitimate reason. Thanks for your concern though

Ohhhh, I see. So the Clippers must be top 15 for sure in your rankings, huh?

finalverse
11-29-2010, 07:59 PM
PSD's Better PG Than Rose. Hard to discuss with you when that is how you greet people lol

Dnovakovic099
11-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Ohhhh, I see. So the Clippers must be top 15 for sure in your rankings, huh?

Here is why most people will but the Bulls ahead of the Thunder. The Thunder have two more wins and same amount of losses, and they beat the Bulls. On the other hand, the Thunder have played 10 to 11 playoff teams. The Bulls have also played 10 to 11 playoff teams, so the extra two wins the Thunder have are teams that are non playoff teams that analysts believe the Bulls will win. The Bulls still have not lost to a non-playoff team! So, it is safe to say that they are equal in records. It is not fair to the Bulls that the Thunder played more games. Add the Carlos Boozer factor, and well you don't have much of a case saying that the Thunder should be ahead. Now, for the head to head, it usually is ignored because teams almost never stay the same in quality, and anything can happen any given night. Hey, Clevland beat Boston. The only argument you actually have is that Boozer has to fit in. Just like the Heat don't work early and will probably never work as good as some imagined, Boozer might not work.

finalverse
11-29-2010, 08:06 PM
yeah baller, seriously, your confusing the hell out of me right now.It was his subconsious speaking. :D

Dnovakovic099
11-29-2010, 08:08 PM
I personally believe that both teams are equal. That is ranking based on my opinion. If I had to bet which team will be better by the end of the season I would bet the Bulls in a heartbeat.

jp611
11-29-2010, 08:11 PM
I agree with Dnewguy,

Come playoff time, the following will be done in Maimi:

The Heat will get CP3 for Juwan Howard and their 2035 1st rounder. ( dont have a 1st round pick untill then)

The Heat will get Dwight Howard for Arroyo, Dampier, Erik Spoelstra and the rights to the empty seats in the American Airlines Arena.

Pat Riley, Phil Jackson and Doc Rivers will all unite and coach the Heat for the next 45 years.

U MAD?????

:laugh: that made my day... i should have factored that in... my bad

Dnovakovic099
11-29-2010, 08:12 PM
PSD's Better PG Than Rose. Hard to discuss with you when that is how you greet people lol

I believe there is an argument that Westbrook is better than Rose. I also believe there is an argument that Rose is better than Durant. To me there is no point of needing to argue this. All three players are all-stars and are players you can build your franchise around. Both fans should be happy they have their players:), and that we have good teams.

finalverse
11-29-2010, 08:16 PM
I believe there is an argument that Westbrook is better than Rose. I also believe there is an argument that Rose is better than Durant. To me there is no point of needing to argue this. All three players are all-stars and are players you can build your franchise around. Both fans should be happy they have their players:), and that we have good teams.Of course. I actually feel the same way.

Dnovakovic099
11-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Of course. I actually feel the same way.

I will go on and say this and I will be trashed for it. I would rather have Noah and Deng than Durant and Ibaka. There I have been dying to say it!

Dnovakovic099
11-29-2010, 08:32 PM
Durant and Ibaka: 38.8 ppg 13.3 rpg 3.1 apg 1.7 spg 2.9 bpg
Deng and Noah: 34.9 ppg 20.1 rpg 5.1 apg 2.2 spg 3.4 bpg

Ibaka and Durant are more efficient scorers, but Deng and Noah are better defenders so it's a valid argument.

Sixerlover
11-29-2010, 09:14 PM
^ Uh-Oh, the Team Durant fans from the summer are going to come for your head!

soundjunkies2
11-29-2010, 10:32 PM

What makes you think that? Their 1-7 record against teams that have a record of 500 or above.

effen5
11-29-2010, 10:34 PM
What makes you think that? Their 1-7 record against teams that have a record of 500 or above.

and that one win was a fluke...like their championship

BAZINGG

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 10:36 PM

:burn:

GodsSon
11-29-2010, 10:57 PM

GTFO

That is all

Super.
11-29-2010, 11:07 PM
The Bulls have played The Thunder, Celtics, Spurs, Mavs, Lakers & Denver ON THE ROAD so far. Yeah, um...no.

Relax. He already admitted it was a typo.

Right. How have the Heat done against over .500 teams? 1-7 and two losses against Boston?

bovice163
11-29-2010, 11:08 PM

No, you're actually tolerable. Most of you have become tolerable, and I'm going to assume because you guys are aware that I know what I'm talking about (when it comes to the Thunder at least), and because I'm an ******* and you guys don't like me.

Either or.

Oh the irony. :rolleyes:

The Thunder, who are a great team by the way, are not, and will not be better than the Bulls this season. The Thunder and the Bulls have played a somewhat similar schedule in difficulty, but the Bulls' have had the more impressive games against very tough road teams like the Spurs, Mavs, Boston, and LA. Hell, this is the first time we have had a winning circus trip since MICHAEL JORDAN. It took us 13 whole years to get a 4-3 record on our Western road trip, so that should count for something. Not only that, but this was done without our second option, and a huge part of the success of our team. Sure, OKC has had some impressive wins over some great home teams like the Spurs and the Celtics, but the whole roster has been intact. Take away Russell or KD for the period of time Boozer has been out, and I can guarantee that those games would have gone much differently. (Sans the Boston game) So to those calling the Bull's schedule a cakewalk so far, please, actually know what you're talking about so you don't look like a total douch-bag.

And from what i've noticed, most if not all Bulls fans are respectable and knowledgeable enough to have great basketball debates. But look at it this way: how are Bulls fans going to be tolerable towards you with your sig and incessant bashing towards our franchise player? If you can figure that one out, then maybe you can figure out why Bulls fans are so "intolerable". :rolleyes: :laugh:

finalverse
11-29-2010, 11:12 PM
So to those calling the Bull's schedule a cakewalk so far, please, actually know what you're talking about so you don't look like a total douch-bag.They don't know ****. They will discount stats to prove what they want to prove. They will discount SOS to prove what they want to prove. lol

effen5
11-29-2010, 11:14 PM
Laker fans know how awesome we are :)

Aapox
11-30-2010, 12:30 AM
But look at it this way: how are Bulls fans going to be tolerable towards you with your sig and incessant bashing towards our franchise player?

hahaha. +1. I really like Russel Westbrook's game but there is no chance he is better than Derrick Rose, even with better defense.