PDA

View Full Version : Tracy McGrady "Knew" the Heat wouldn't be dominant

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 12:23 PM
‘Bron and D-Wade. If you look at Ray Allen and Paul Pierce, (Allen’s a) traditional shooting guard. Ray Allen, he doesn’t need the ball. And Paul Pierce is a small forward. You add Kevin Garnett …”

“(LeBron and Wade), they’re not like that. Both of those guys need the ball and they don’t shoot the ball like Ray Allen. That’s why they’re having trouble scoring in the halfcourt because they can’t get a rhythm, because one of them is dominating the ball. That guy might be getting off, but the other guy (isn’t).”

“That’s why when they’re on the court together, they’re terrible. They’re rhythm players that need the ball. I’m like that. I can’t stand out there and catch and shoot. I’ve never been a guy that sits out there waiting for the ball to come to me.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/11/29/2010-11-29_tracy_wade_lebron_combo_just_terrible.html

Tracy McGrady told the New York Daily News that LeBron James would have been better off going to the Chicago Bulls, and the reason why the Miami Heat are struggling is because James and Dwyane Wade both command the ball.

"[Chicago] was a better decision, a better place for him," McGrady told the Daily News. "You can't just go somewhere and have that type of chemistry he had in Cleveland."

The Bulls courted James and Chris Bosh before they decided to join Wade in Miami.

McGrady worked out for the Bulls before signing a free-agent contract with the Detroit Pistons. McGrady said one of the reasons the Heat are off to a disappointing 9-8 start is the chemistry of James and Wade on the court.

"When they're on the court together, they're terrible," McGrady told the paper. "Him and D-Wade don't complement each other. They're somewhat the same type of players, 'Bron and D-Wade. ... Both of those guys need the ball, and they don't shoot the ball like Ray Allen. That's why they're having trouble scoring in the halfcourt, because they can't get a rhythm, because one of them is dominating the ball. That guy might be getting off, but the other guy [isn't].

"That's why when they're on the court together, they're terrible. They're rhythm players that need the ball. I'm like that. I can't stand out there and catch and shoot. I've never been a guy that sits out there waiting for the ball to come to me."

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5862624

So where does Tracy McGrady come in? According to him, he didn't agree with experts about the Heat's assumed dominance. He even pulled out the Dennis Green-like line, "It's what I expected," said McGrady after the Pistons double overtime loss to the Knicks last night. He gave more analysis.

"You've got two guys (James and Wade) that really don't mix. I mean, they're the same type of player. They just don't compliment each other."

http://www.itsalwayssunnyindetroit.com/

Venomous88
11-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Why would he be jealous of them then?

JayW_1023
11-29-2010, 12:24 PM
The same Tracy McGrady that was so envious of the Big Three during the preseason?

tcav701
11-29-2010, 12:26 PM
He's obviously just a jealous hater that is mad LBJ and Bosh didnt join him in Detroit.

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Why would he be jealous of them then?

exactly....... this kind of baffled me. I think he is just trying to make him self feel better now.

Baller1
11-29-2010, 12:32 PM
I love you T-Mac, but shut up.

LTBaByyy
11-29-2010, 12:36 PM
Even though he is jealous he is right!

I just think D wade and Lebron dont wanna tarnish their careers by stepping back and being the second guy permanently

Bc they can play together but it just depends on if one of them has the courage to tarnish the second half of their basketball career to have success

bagwell368
11-29-2010, 12:39 PM
So what? I knew they wouldn't be dominant for at least a year or two, so did anybody that knows that difference between basketball and 1 on 1.

ttam68
11-29-2010, 12:40 PM
Dominant

And he tried to get signed there, comes off as moaning now.

Slimsim
11-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Did he call James Lames ? Or was that a Typo ? Either way T mac Just mad his career is over.

mvb815
11-29-2010, 12:47 PM
i'd be madd too if i was the 8th scoring option on the pistons

ttam68
11-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Did he call James Lames ? Or was that a Typo ? Either way T mac Just mad his career is over.

When its in parentheses like that, the guy didn't actually say the names. That article has a couple typos/bad jokes:

"JeBron Lames"
"Souff Beach"

sep11ie
11-29-2010, 12:49 PM
On a side note, T-Mac was injured while releasing that statement.

2_Trill
11-29-2010, 12:49 PM
I agree with my boy Tmac, there is alot of truth in what he said.

Byronicle
11-29-2010, 12:50 PM
there are way too many divas in the NBA these days

sep11ie
11-29-2010, 12:50 PM
I guess Heat fans will start calling him T-Mad.

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 12:51 PM

:laugh:

CB29
11-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Just like how i knew T-Mac wouldn't be anywhere near decent this season... we were btoh right t-mac...

iliketurtles24
11-29-2010, 01:04 PM
haha, he still plays? loved his shoes though

Byronicle
11-29-2010, 01:04 PM

HA:clap:

Da Knicks
11-29-2010, 01:05 PM
t-mac needs to stfu dude wanted to be a heat player! loving every moment of the heat loses though!

ManRam
11-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Aha! That's why he was so jealous...

Makes sense :rolleyes:

He's just trying to get some attention on him. I don't think I've seen a highlight of him all year...or really heard his name much at all. I love T-Mac, always have and always will, but chirping to the media isn't what he needs to do to get some attention.

kntresistheheat
11-29-2010, 01:08 PM

Thats right T-MAD...LOL! Yeah, This guy is a joke...He wanted to join the heat so bad and he was excited if they gave him the chance to play along side wade and lebron. If that happen T-mad, then we would of had 3 players that plays similar you moron!

Edit: Never mind, We dont have a 31 ex-superstar player that gets hurt in every game. So you would of been the only one!

D-Will4Prez
11-29-2010, 01:12 PM
Everyone with a brain knew that the Heat wouldn't dominate. Stats don't equal wins and all 3 of them need to have the ball to be successful.

WolvesJagsOs
11-29-2010, 01:17 PM
Pretty much said the same stuff as reporters that ive heard on ESPN.

Sadds The Gr8
11-29-2010, 01:19 PM
wtf wasn't he sucking their dicks before the season started? what an idiot...

justinnum1
11-29-2010, 01:20 PM
That's why he was hoping to land a spot on the team:facepalm:

farren.louis
11-29-2010, 01:30 PM
dnt sound like jelousy it just sounds like some of you guys can't handle the truth, becaused he 100% right!

Byronicle
11-29-2010, 01:34 PM
dnt sound like jelousy it just sounds like some of you guys can't handle the truth, becaused he 100% right!

its contradictory to his beliefs and actions before the season started

its easy to chirp when all is said and done, but its pathetic to be hypocritical in a league where the media records every single thing you say and do

eugene
11-29-2010, 01:34 PM
two p00sies can't co-exist... at least it is not normal even if looks beautiful :D

Robbw241
11-29-2010, 01:35 PM
Shouldn't Tracy worry more about not being a bench player on the Pistons?

Ty Fast
11-29-2010, 01:35 PM
did he now

Bigbadmoffo
11-29-2010, 01:39 PM
He shouldn't talk but he is right about what he said. I always felt that the where too similar to co-exist and i've heard ppl say it before the season started.

Hunter48MVP
11-29-2010, 01:42 PM
Me and Tracy think the same way. I knew this Heat team wasn't going to be when LeBron James joined Miami. Bosh and Wade would have been better. They could have used their money on Raymond Felton, Shaq and move Beasley at SF.

C-Shaquille O'Neal
PF-Chris Bosh
SF-Michael Beasley
SG-Dwyane Wade
PG-Raymond Felton

ink
11-29-2010, 01:51 PM
The first quote is not a good source. It's just some guy's blog. You can tell by all the spelling mistakes -- even when he supposedly "quotes" McGrady there are two spelling mistakes in the quote. We already have enough Heat threads without starting threads from bad blogs.

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 02:27 PM
Me and Tracy think the same way. I knew this Heat team wasn't going to be when LeBron James joined Miami. Bosh and Wade would have been better. They could have used their money on Raymond Felton, Shaq and move Beasley at SF.

C-Shaquille O'Neal
PF-Chris Bosh
SF-Michael Beasley
SG-Dwyane Wade
PG-Raymond Felton

I don't know how that would of been better, I just read an article that is pretty much blaming felton for when the knicks lose

RayRay
11-29-2010, 02:54 PM
Completely agree. Bosh is extremely overrated, but he isn't the problem. He'd be a nice compliment to either of them. My initial reaction too was whether Wade and Lebron would mesh... so far not so good.

mjt20mik
11-29-2010, 03:04 PM
What a confused child TMac is.

Crackadalic
11-29-2010, 03:08 PM
Tmac is right though they dont compliment each other at all with that said he is clearly upset they didnt call him up to become the starting point guard too help them with there current 17-0 hot streak o wait....

Giaps
11-29-2010, 03:50 PM
He makes good points but because it comes from him it's annoying. This guy was on their nuts before the season started.

ignorance=bliss
11-29-2010, 04:01 PM
There's a guy by the name of Tracy McGrady still in the NBA? Huh, you could have fooled me...

Jamiecballer
11-29-2010, 04:10 PM
i forgot McGrady still played basketball.

fadedmario
11-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Everyone slamming TMac on here should chill. Think about what he's saying. He's right. I think Lebron would have been best suited in NY though. He would be a King right now had he signed with the Knicks. They got a pretty good young team too. TMac has been a model teammate and has been very unselfish this year. I used to hate TMac. He is getting better. By the end of the year he will be averaging around 10 ppg. He's starting to shoot more. He can still create his shot and I have seen him throw a couple nasty dunks down this year too (his legs are coming back). He's entitled to his opinion just like anybody else.

Chronz
11-29-2010, 04:41 PM
For once Tmac is wrong, the Heat are fine

TrueHeatFanHere
11-29-2010, 04:51 PM
hi hater

AddiX
11-29-2010, 04:52 PM
While I somewhat agree to what T-mac said, this is the same dude who tried to go to Miami so he could come off the bench for them.

phoenix_bladen
11-29-2010, 04:55 PM
http://www.gacksports.com/5079/tracy-mcgrady-im-jealous-of-lebron-james/

Tracy McGrady has had his fair share of bad luck.

From injuries, to poor team play, McGrady has just about seen and done it all. But he’s never seen three superstars as big as LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh team up together on one team.

“I am envious (of Miami’s Big Three). I’m jealous as s**t,” McGrady told the media before a Pistons workout on Tuesday. “I look at all the teams I’ve been on, and I never had a Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh on the same team. I’m jealous, but I’m happy for them. I hope they win 10 damn championships.”

Now 31, McGrady is trying to bounce back from a debilitating knee injury with the Detroit Pistons. He has won two scoring titles. but has never had the type of supporting cast worthy of a championship caliber team.

“Ten years ago, we could have done it (put a Big Three together) but without all the hype,” McGrady said in reference to the potential teaming up of Tim Duncan, Grant Hill, and himself in 2000. “But that’s just wishful thinking now. It’s what could have happened. It’s only teasing me. So many nights I remember just wishing that Grant was healthy. I would have loved for Duncan to have been there, too, but a healthy Grant Hill would have been good enough.”

As far as Lebron goes, McGrady sympathizes with the former Cleveland Cavalier.

“I can’t fault him. If I was in that situation, I’d go to a team with Dwyane Wade. It’s about winning, isn’t it?” he said. “Everyone just has a problem with how he did it. Me, I might not have done it that way, but as far as leaving to play with Dwyane, I’m happy for him. It’s about winning.”

And for McGrady, winning is everything. Too bad he hasn’t done much of it over the course of his career, but that’s not his fault now, is it?

**You can reach the author of this post at gazzy@gacksports.com

Houston Fan 21
11-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Okay and this is comming from a guy who wanted to play for yall????
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

tangent12
11-29-2010, 05:00 PM
That's why you were jealous of their situation, right T-whack?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-29-2010, 05:23 PM
lmfao If I remember correctly he was jealous and drooling all over the heat.

netsgiantsyanks
11-29-2010, 05:30 PM
but at least hes somewhat correct and doesnt sound like a complete dumbass. :shrug:

xxcubs22xx
11-29-2010, 05:56 PM
T-Mac is spot on...

Quit hating...

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 06:00 PM
T-Mac is spot on...

Quit hating...

he's spot on, but the only thing I have to go :facepalm: about is that he said he was jealous and wanted to join them at one point.

xxcubs22xx
11-29-2010, 06:15 PM
he's spot on, but the only thing I have to go :facepalm: about is that he said he was jealous and wanted to join them at one point.

I think it was taken out of context much like how other quotes are nowadays. I think McGrady was alluding to being on a team consisting of big name superstars. Eventhough he said he was "jealous as *******", i don't really think he was so to speak of the Heat, although maybe he was jealous of the "Big 3 convergence" that he had an opportunity to have earlier in his career.

kblo247
11-29-2010, 06:36 PM
lmfao If I remember correctly he was jealous and drooling all over the heat.

I know he sounds like a hypocrite now, but I think he drooled over them so much and was admittedly jealous because his idea of the first true big 3 fell through.

If you remember about a decade ago he, Hill, and Duncan were supposed to team up in Orlando before David Robinson talked Tim out of leaving at the last minute.

Kinglorious
11-29-2010, 07:52 PM
Yep, sure he did... :facepalm:

Tracy, Tracy, Tracy...

JasonJohnHorn
11-29-2010, 08:29 PM
T-Mac is just saying what everybody was already saying before anybody signed. Last year, even during the regular season, people were saying Wade and James both needed to dominate the ball to play to their max potential and that the two of them would play well together.

Then when Miami signed the Super Friends... everybody just got excited and a lot of people seemed to forget what everybody had been saying about a potential Wade/James combo.

T-Mac is right, for now at least. James and Wade though are both great players and both are hungry to win. Miami has glaring holes at PG and C, and I just cant see them winning a title this year unless something changes, but while James and Wade (both shooting near career lows from the floor) are feeling each other out and learning to play side-by-side, they will get better at it and the bottom line is they still have 2 of the 5 10 best players in the league, and not too many teams can say that (Lakers are the only team that come to mind).

Everybody was excited about the prospect of these amazing talents playing with each other, and everybody seemed to forget how practically everybody and their dog was saying James and Wade would have a hard time playing side-by-side.

But those two guys are just too talented and too hungry. I'm not rooting for them, but I know they'll figure it out. When Miami won their first title, they did it with a lot of new pieces and they took a while to get things going, but when the playoffs roll around, its more about who was playing well going into the playoffs than who has the best record. Just ask Dallas.

JasonJohnHorn
11-29-2010, 08:34 PM
I know he sounds like a hypocrite now, but I think he drooled over them so much and was admittedly jealous because his idea of the first true big 3 fell through.

If you remember about a decade ago he, Hill, and Duncan were supposed to team up in Orlando before David Robinson talked Tim out of leaving at the last minute.

Orlando only had the money for two free agents that season, and though Duncan admitted to hearing what other teams had to offer, he has stated before that he never really gave and serious condiseration to leaving the Spurs, which is why the Magic signed both Hill and McGrady early on in free agency that summer.

Had the Magic had a healthy Hill and Duncan... my god... that would have been great to watch. Duncan has never had a player as talented as Hill was back then to play with on the wing. Robinson was obviously as great a talent as any, but he and Tim were banging in the post together, it would have been fun to watch Tim and Grant Hill play together in their primes because both guys loved to share the ball.

stawka
11-29-2010, 09:02 PM
It's easy to kick a man when he's down Tracy - you should know plenty of that

By seasons end he will look like more of an idiot for releasing this statement than he does now, and he'll learn to just keep shut like most people on here will soon do too

SA5195
11-29-2010, 09:09 PM
Didn't he say something like: "i'm jelouse of the Heat, I hope they win 10 damn championships."

John Walls Era
11-29-2010, 09:21 PM
I saw this early today. But I don't see how his word has anymore value than any scrub reporter. Both have little impact on the NBA.

Raph12
11-30-2010, 12:51 AM
Although Tmac is contracting himself, I do think he's right this time... Lebron and Wade don't compliment each other well, neither are particularly effective off-ball and that's throwing off their games.

bovice163
11-30-2010, 12:57 AM
TMac has a point, but he really needs to learn to keep this **** to himself. Running his mouth almost cost him a roster spot on a couple teams in the pre season. And he really needs to get out of the first round of the PO's before he starts commenting on capable contending teams.

OA SLAY
11-30-2010, 01:19 AM
just like he thought he would make a comeback.

justinnum1
11-30-2010, 01:41 AM
Tmac gonna get abused on wednesday by lebron.

John Walls Era
11-30-2010, 01:43 AM
I wish I was psychic like Tmac :rolleyes:

Then I knew he would've been a huge choker his whole career and instead of tagging along and becoming disappointed through the times, I could've followed a REAL player.

THE MTL
11-30-2010, 02:37 AM
Wait there was an old article saying how he loved what the Heat done and was kinda jealous.....Can someone pull that article up....TMac is being two-faced