PDA

View Full Version : Heat players reportedly frustrated with Erik Spoelstra

Cubsfan365
11-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Just saw it on Sportscenter. They said Chris Broussard, who reported the story, would talk about it live in a few minutes. Obviously, take it for what it's worth.

dnewguy
11-29-2010, 10:10 AM
Heat fans are also frustrated, we have one of the best defensive point guards in the game, yet we are starting the worst defensive point guard there ever was. Even T J Ford chewed him alive.

akagiredsuns
11-29-2010, 10:12 AM
The Heat simply don't have the chemistry. Will a coaching change really do a huge difference? I just don't see Riley jumping in this again at 65 like he did 5 years ago with SVG. So even if they fire Spoelstra, who do you get to replace? All eyes are on the Heat right now. Riley needs to stick it out with this guy. Spoelstra isn't horrible. The team simply isn't living up to the hype right now. But at least he isn't worse than Vinny Del Negro. :laugh2: Now that's a joke. :facepalm:

Cubsfan365
11-29-2010, 10:15 AM
The Heat simply don't have the chemistry. Will a coaching change really do a huge difference? I just don't see Riley jumping in this again at 65 like he did 5 years ago with SVG. So even if they fire Spoelstra, who do you get to replace? All eyes are on the Heat right now. Riley needs to stick it out with this guy. Spoelstra isn't horrible. The team simply isn't living up to the hype right now. But at least he isn't worse than Vinny Del Negro. :laugh2: Now that's a joke. :facepalm:
Lol, what does VDN have to do with anything?

tcav701
11-29-2010, 10:17 AM
I've said it before,

It is to easy to blame the coach here. Spo is nothing more than the scape goat of the month. When he plays LBJ an Wade, they play to much. When he plays the waiver wire bench, the stars aren't playing enough.

I mean does any REALLY think Spo is telling his guys NOT to defend, rebound or move without the ball?

dnewguy
11-29-2010, 10:20 AM
I've said it before,

It is to easy to blame the coach here. Spo is nothing more than the scape goat of the month. When he plays LBJ an Wade, they play to much. When he plays the waiver wire bench, the stars aren't playing enough.

I mean does any REALLY think Spo is telling his guys NOT to defend, rebound or move without the ball?

Spo doesn't have any offensive set....the Heat does worse after a time-out every single time. They always come out of a time-out with a jumper, what kind of coach draws up that play?

ttam68
11-29-2010, 10:21 AM
What should I do? Should I blame my coach? Should I blame my teammates (again)? What should I do? Should I actually try to play better? Nah, screw that I'm just going to keep being a ****ing dick.

29$JerZ
11-29-2010, 10:22 AM
It was only a matter of time

I wonder what happens when they replace him and the same problems still exist.
There is only so much blame you can put on the coach

Minimal
11-29-2010, 10:24 AM
If Cavaliers were able to win 66 games with lameass coach in Mike Brown, then Miami should be able to win atleast 63 wins with lameass coach in Mike Brown.
Spo doesn't know offence at all, he just sucks balls. Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42J_cUtf81s)
I think Doc Rivers will become the coach of Miami in 2011, Riley mentored him and wants to bring him in Miami and then this team should be unstoppable imo. Doc Rivers is such a great coach, he knows everything defence and offense. Look at the Celtics, they play like a team, not like bunch of players on one court.
I could seriously see this team winning every ****ing year if Miami had a coach like Doc Rivers and a real center.

kntresistheheat
11-29-2010, 10:26 AM
The Miami Heat's players are frustrated with Erik Spoelstra and some are questioning whether he is the right coach for their team, according to people close to the situation

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=5862172

tcav701
11-29-2010, 10:27 AM
Spo doesn't have any offensive set....the Heat does worse after a time-out every single time. They always come out of a time-out with a jumper, what kind of coach draws up that play?

So that has nothing to do with the fact opposing defenses are pretty much playing a zone disguise and giving the Heat the jumpshot?

Would you rather LBJ dribble the ball down to 8 seconds and Jerome Bettis his way to the rim for 40 mins?

It's a personel problem. Everyone on the squad that can play D cant hit a jumpshot and anyone that can shoot gets burned on D.

At the beggining of the year all Miami ppl were saying Spo's system would make Miami a dominant defensive team. They don't have the pieces to be that way. Coaching will only work if you have the players that COMPLIMENT your system.

I think Spo is an issue but not because he's a bad coach. He's a probelm because two spoiled sweet sixteen *****es were brought in and don't respect anyone but themselves.

Rego247
11-29-2010, 10:28 AM

depends on whos taking the jumper and what kind of shot it is.

boston often comes outta timeouts with a screen for an allen jumper, is that the type of shot ur talking about?

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Did anyone see the video the other day where lebron bumped spoelstra?

Lil Rhody
11-29-2010, 10:35 AM
WAH WAH WAH thats what I got from SC...... NBA players need to suck it up.... saying they cant be themselves...... not for nothing but when your team blows and you are the better players in the league maybe you should listen and take it serious............ WAH WAH WAH seems to suite LeBron more then anything :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Draco
11-29-2010, 10:36 AM
I think Spo is an issue but not because he's a bad coach. He's a probelm because two spoiled sweet sixteen *****es were brought in and don't respect anyone but themselves.

lol.

VillaMaravilla
11-29-2010, 10:36 AM
come on guys now it's the coaches fault you have 3 not 2 not 1 but 3 of the best players in the nba and they want to blame the head coach Really? They better win it this year because alot of teams will catch up to them next year in terms of adding talent, example the Knicks who we all know will end up with Melo in the offseason if not this year I don't know but I see all this becoming a disaster in miami these guys thought teams were just going to lye down for them

Hawkeye15
11-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Its typical in the NBA, that when a team is underachieving, the coach gets axed. is it right? Not always. Just the way it is.
It's still funny to me that most thought they would just crush everyone right out of the gate. When you make sweeping changes like Miami did, its going to take time for the players to get used to each other. Should their talent be winning more games, especially against bad teams? For sure. But I still think Heat fans need to be patient. It will get better.
As for the general fans, and the media, of course they are loving this. They are licking their chops actually

_Supreme_
11-29-2010, 10:41 AM
I was already frustrated with Spoelstra last season, and Imo his exit became just a matter of time as soon as we signed the players to be a contender.

He is a nice guy, but not the right fit as the head coach of our team.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-29-2010, 11:03 AM
Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42J_cUtf81s)

bruce bLOLitz:facepalm:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Did anyone see the video the other day where lebron bumped spoelstra?

no, could someone make a thread about it:shrug:
:rolleyes:

todu82
I don't see a coaching change helping this team. I think that James, Wade and Bosh have to play better basketball. I still see this team turning it around relatively soon.

Double_R
I think it is hard for any coach to try and use two guys, who do (almost) the identical thing on the court. They don't have a pg or center; Lebron and Wade seem to take turns instead of playing together. I think the biggest problem is that Wade and Lebron are like water and oil.

Double_R
11-29-2010, 11:08 AM
no, could someone make a thread about it:shrug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgf6fd88g8

masalex1205
11-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Coaching isn't the problem, its the way this team is built, I think Spoelstra is a pretty decent coach actually

NetsPaint
11-29-2010, 11:11 AM
I remember when Wade said he likes Spoelstra before LeBron came to town and declared he sucks and says his 25 year old body cannot take playing big minutes and became the spokesman for Wade that he also feels this way.

jiggin
11-29-2010, 11:14 AM
as long as those players have someone to throw under the bus....

JayW_1023
11-29-2010, 11:18 AM
The Heat are prolly a better team if they start James Jones or Mike Miller (when he is healthy) and put Wade into the Vinny Johnson/Manu Ginobili role off the bench.

My two cents.

Antipod
11-29-2010, 11:19 AM
Fire Eric, trade James and start rebuilding :D

News24/7
11-29-2010, 11:22 AM
The Heat are prolly a better team if they start James Jones or Mike Miller (when he is healthy) and put Wade into the Vinny Johnson/Manu Ginobili role off the bench.

My two cents.

Wade...top 4 player in the NBA....off the bench....over $110 million dollar man...just saying :p

Giaps
11-29-2010, 11:23 AM
That bolded part tells me everything I need to know... I always thought Lebron's joking attitude and high school pre-game routines were bad for the team. Truth is, great players that lead their teams to championships don't joke like that until they actually win something.

Contrary to popular belief that Spoelstra is afraid to criticize superstars LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, he's been very hard on them.

"He's jumping on them," one source said. "If anything, he's been too tough on them. Everybody knows LeBron is playful and likes to joke around, but Spoelstra told him in front of the whole team that he has to get more serious. The players couldn't believe it. They feel like Spoelstra's not letting them be themselves."

JayW_1023
11-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Wade...top 4 player in the NBA....off the bench....over $110 million dollar man...just saying :p

It would make sense from a basketball standpoint. He would kill against the opposing teams reserves.

If I were Spoelstra I would try it.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-29-2010, 11:25 AM

My two cents.

Wade has a gigantic EGO

News24/7
11-29-2010, 11:27 AM
It would make sense from a basketball standpoint. He would kill against the opposing teams reserves.

If I were Spoelstra I would try it.

Ok let me try again...

Heat Star player...no Heat Franchise player...there go-to guy...

The Heat would rather bench lebron or bosh before they bench Wade.

Yes your point makes sense but I'm just looking at it from a Heat rep stand point where they would become the biggest laughing stock if they pulled something like that.

JayW_1023
11-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Wade has a gigantic EGO

Nonetheless winning takes some sacrifice. Manu in his prime would average Wade like numbers if he had played the same amount of minutes. But he sucked it up too for the sake of winning.

With With Bosh, Z and Jones as floor spacers, LeBron would be able to penetrate at will. I would sub in Wade for Z and play LBJ at power forward, Bosh at centre and push the ball and run opposing teams out of the gym. Wade and LeBron both on the floor doesn't work unless LBJ plays PF and becomes a finisher.

Wade as SG and LBJ as SF and you get inefficient Streetball.

Don't tell me LBJ cannot be a PF when Josh Smith can. LBJ is actually 6'9 and not 6'8 so physically he would handle it. He is actually taller than Jamison, who is listed at 6'9 lol.

Byronicle
11-29-2010, 11:38 AM

you got some of the best offensive guys of the game, would Spo really need to set up an offensive set when you got a point forward in Lebron? a finisher in Wade and a jump shooter in Bosh?

how hard would it be to have an offensive play set for those guys?

News24/7
11-29-2010, 11:41 AM
Don't tell me LBJ cannot be a PF when Josh Smith can. LBJ is actually 6'9 and not 6'8 so physically he would handle it. He is actually taller than Jamison, who is listed at 6'9 lol.

That's very different. Josh Smith is not really big at all in terms of size. Sure he's tall but he's a hustle player, like David Lee in the way. He does not focus on offense as much as lebron has to and Smith's defense is 2nd to none.

thedfactor
11-29-2010, 11:43 AM
If Carmelo gets traded, the perfect player the Heat should go after is Chauncey Billups. He's the leader and voice that team could use running the point.

What Denver would actually want though makes it hard to see it happen though.

Double_R
11-29-2010, 11:43 AM
I think if they ran the triangle they would be far more successful offensively.

Team*Chicago
11-29-2010, 11:44 AM
heat, heat, heat, heat, heat! Maybe the heat can't take the heat or the players are having a heat stroke from the coach. If they were 16-0 by now they would not be blaming the coach at all, would they? They are just making up excuses of why this Boston Celtics Big 3 Want'a Be are not dominating the league like the suppose/expected too.

News24/7
11-29-2010, 11:44 AM
If Carmelo gets traded, the perfect player the Heat should go after is Chauncey Billups. He's the leader and voice that team could use running the point.

What Denver would actually want though makes it hard to see it happen though.

Not only the Heat don't have any trade pieces to give for Billups, but i don't any team in the league right now want to give the Heat more help at the moment lol.

Slimsim
11-29-2010, 11:45 AM
If marbury is available they should give him a call

jackdawson
11-29-2010, 11:53 AM
yeah, they should bench Wade. What a fantastic basketball brain where it came from :rolleyes::facepalm: My guess is middle school.

Mishmin
11-29-2010, 11:53 AM
cop-out

thedfactor
11-29-2010, 11:54 AM
Not only the Heat don't have any trade pieces to give for Billups, but i don't any team in the league right now want to give the Heat more help at the moment lol.True, but I was only referring to the article and how it mentioned them lacking a Billups type player. I don't want the Heat getting better either, it's all about beat the heat

JayW_1023
11-29-2010, 11:58 AM
yeah, they should bench Wade. What a fantastic basketball brain where it came from :rolleyes::facepalm: My guess is middle school.

You can still bench Wade and give him a good 32 minutes of burn. It would be much better than Wade and LBJ taking turns playing 1 on 5, that's for sure.

:facepalm: at your close minded comment.

Hunter48MVP
11-29-2010, 12:03 PM
Heat just suck. LeBron James and Wade have too much of a big ego. I knew this team was going to not work out. I just knew it.

JayW_1023
11-29-2010, 12:06 PM
All I'm implying is that with two elite but like-minded players to gell, one has to make a sacrifice. And Wade, how good he is, he ain't as good as LBJ.

For a balanced and efficient offense, you need guys who spot up, screen and move without the ball. For the Big Three their roles are still not clear yet. Make LBJ their go to guy, make Bosh his pick and roll target and use Wade as scorer off the bench (which in turn would save his body, and given his reckless abandon, it wouldn't be all that bad).

Wade off the bench for around 30 minutes would STILL produce more than gloriously overpaid 'stars' like Rashard Lewis and Joe Johnson do as starters. I can tell that for certain.

I still think it makes more sense. Either play LBJ at PF or give Wade the microwave role.

asandhu23
11-29-2010, 12:06 PM
it was pretty obvious when you saw lebron bumping into spo

stlbest5in2013
11-29-2010, 12:09 PM
its all lebron ruining another team. they have no bigs, bosh again is an over sized SF.

you have 2 players, neither are goo shooters, both need the ball in their hands. there for it will never work, wade has improved hs jump shot over his career, ebron has not, and for the "chosen one", you think it would be natural.

its not the coach, its the players. they run the assylum, and now its getting to riot level.

__________________________________________________ ________________________ thou shall not enjoy the heat's failures, or make fun off the little 3. they all signed into the witness protection, when signing their names on the contracts.

kntresistheheat
11-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Heat just suck. LeBron James and Wade have too much of a big ego. I knew this team was going to not work out. I just knew it.

There is still a chance you know:rolleyes: We are only 18 games in and we sill can turn this around.

hgtiger32
11-29-2010, 12:17 PM
If Cavaliers were able to win 66 games with lameass coach in Mike Brown, then Miami should be able to win atleast 63 wins with lameass coach in Mike Brown.
Spo doesn't know offence at all, he just sucks balls. Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42J_cUtf81s)
I think Doc Rivers will become the coach of Miami in 2011, Riley mentored him and wants to bring him in Miami and then this team should be unstoppable imo. Doc Rivers is such a great coach, he knows everything defence and offense. Look at the Celtics, they play like a team, not like bunch of players on one court.
I could seriously see this team winning every ****ing year if Miami had a coach like Doc Rivers and a real center.

:facepalm: haha dude get off of PSD

richardj
11-29-2010, 12:35 PM
They can blame the coach all they want. Until they work together as a team I see nothing better than what the Cavs did with much less of a bench, give the ball to one of the big 3 everyone spreads out and watches as one ball handler tries to attack or shoot. Sorry but Ray Allen, KG, and Pierce all had to accept different roles when they joined up. Ray became more of the touch and shoot of screens and pick and rolls. Pierce became the penetraitor along with the emergence of Rondo, KG played the low post for clean up and the short game, all other players filled in on aggressive defense and support roles. Wade, LBJ and Bosh you cant all be the scorers. Time to accept different roles and have stats drop in order to win you only have 1 ball. KG went from being a mid 20 point a game player to mid teens has not averaged over 20 since joining the celts but he plays great defense and is always on the glass. time to accept different roles if you want to make this work and start watching those hall of fame stats drop. If they wanted HOF stats should have stayed as the number one guy on your previous teams but if winning a title is more important, team play is going to have to outweigh individual accomplishments when you put 3 big names like this on a team.

lavell12
11-29-2010, 12:59 PM
I think this could hurt the team real bad b/c Wade is a big supporter of the coach so this could turn into LeBron versus Wade.

Is LeBron turning into Terrell Owens?

lavell12
11-29-2010, 01:02 PM
Anyone know if LeBron has a no trade clause? If I were the heat i would trade Lebron, you know how much you could get for him, you could get the right pieces to go with Wade and Bosh and be a better team and a real title contender.

Boom.Boom
11-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Heat fans are also frustrated, we have one of the best defensive point guards in the game, yet we are starting the worst defensive point guard there ever was. Even T J Ford chewed him alive.

tj ford is a hard cover.

Malz28
11-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Kharma's a mutha focker! HAHA!!!

nstojic
11-29-2010, 01:41 PM
"They feel like Spolstra's not letting them be themselves."

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3007/2698607832_33db1bd6b6.jpg

MJ-BULLS
11-29-2010, 01:46 PM

:laugh2:

heathonater
11-29-2010, 01:52 PM
i thought miami would start out fast with this new group of players, similar to what happened in la when gasol first joined and the celtics title run in 07-08. it hasnt worked out that way because they gutted their entire roster to get these guys. unlike the celtics, the heat's big 3 dont compliment each other as well and as a result it will take longer for them to get going. i doubt spoelstra gets fired unless the heat are around .500 in january because i dont think riley wants the reputation of ousting coaches.

ttam68
11-29-2010, 01:53 PM

Hahaaha

29$JerZ
11-29-2010, 01:54 PM
I like how Chicago and New York missed out on LeBron, trading away valuable assets like Hinrich and 1st round picks but we have the same amount of wins as Miami does with LeBron/Wade/Bosh

:)

D1JM
11-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Lebron always seems to blame someone else or complain about something when things dont go his way. When you have three big iso players it's not really that hard to guard because you know they will take their shot.

Play zone defense and attack the paint. That's what everyone is doing and will keep on doing.

Lakeshow86
11-29-2010, 02:07 PM
I dont think its the coaches fault. I think Spulstra is a good young coach. The team is filled with the wrong kind a of players. Three guys that need the ball in their hands. James, wade and Bosh were all use to being the guy with the ball in their hands. Now there is only one ball and three stars that need the ball in their hands. Imagine if Kobe and Jordan were on the same team. Two guys that need the ball in their hands all the time. It wouldnt work in the end. On top of that they also dont have a bench. They wasted all their money on three players that dont work well with each other and then they didnt have enough money to build a solid bench. The Heat should have just signed Wade and Bosh and then use the rest of the money to bring in some quality players to build around those two. They have too much superstar power on their team

Slimsim
11-29-2010, 02:19 PM
Wanted to ask was it necessary to trade Beasley in order to sign both LBJ and Bosh ?

LayZbone
11-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Wanted to ask was it necessary to trade Beasley in order to sign both LBJ and Bosh ?

no. it was necessary to trade him in order to sign Mike Miller, who has yet to play. Make no mistake people, Miller is a great fit with this team, and he's one of our most important players. He can shoot lights out, defend, rebound, pass....I can't wait until he returns.

D1JM
11-29-2010, 02:27 PM
no. it was necessary to trade him in order to sign Mike Miller, who has yet to play. Make no mistake people, Miller is a great fit with this team, and he's one of our most important players. He can shoot lights out, defend, rebound, pass....I can't wait until he returns.

Your making mike miller sound like a god

29$JerZ
11-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Having Beasly play off of LeBron/Wade/Bosh wouldn't have worked so I understand why they traded him.

nstojic
11-29-2010, 02:31 PM

oh i never imagined that heat fans are awaiting mike miller to rescue a team that sports lebron james, dwyane wade, and chris bosh

D1JM
11-29-2010, 02:33 PM
oh i never imagined that heat fans are awaiting mike miller to rescue a team that sports lebron james, dwyane wade, and chris bosh

Haha

mikantsass
11-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Lebron always seems to blame someone else or complain about something when things dont go his way. When you have three big iso players it's not really that hard to guard because you know they will take their shot.

Play zone defense and attack the paint. That's what everyone is doing and will keep on doing.

King Blames

nstojic
11-29-2010, 02:39 PM
King Blames

copyright that *****, eh-SAP!

mjt20mik
11-29-2010, 03:01 PM
King Blames

:clap::D

Tony_Starks
11-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Spoelstra: to throw someone under the bus without proper merrit or provocation.

i.e.

"Man I can't believe that guy tried to Spoelstra me!"

Giaps
11-29-2010, 03:56 PM
LOL @ King Blames.

That's Great.

mlisica19
11-29-2010, 04:04 PM
Lebron James is lazy. He rather party than practice, he rather do an ESPN video or play than focus on the game. Hes not a true leader, everything MJ says in that new commercial is the truth. Lebron is only focusing on his talent and I would not be suprised to see James as the modern day A.I.

Do not be fooled, yes hes the most athletic guy in the game but hes no winner.
USA team came out this summer and said it... He was not devoted enough. Nike was ready to drop him for his immaturity and USA was gonna kick him out for his disrespect and lack of focus. The Cavs didnt care cuz he was winning, when he dissapointed them in an embarrassing way they finally came out with the truth that he was not the true king he claimed he was. He gave up

Now Miami is failing to do what they thought they would and now these 3 friends are failing to see that its their fault not the coaches.

From what I hear the coach is only at fault because hes not letting Lebron James and the players play their game. Hes not letting them have fun?
Fun to a true winner is WINNING. Did Jordan joke around during games, practices, meetings and so on and so on? NO! HE WON 6 championships on pure devotion and focus and fire.

Lebron cares more about his name and popularity and his legacy than anything. His priorities are in the wrong place. Hes taking the whole team down with him... Wade actually is coming out as a true leader and blaming everyone rather than one individual.

All you knicks fan who hate Lebron hate him fro the wrong reason. too be honest i have no idea why any of you guys would wnat Lebron James on your team? If he left his home state, home team and a pretty dam good team for miami and friends wont he do it for you!?

Coach S is trying to be a proper coach, demand respect and unit the team as one. Not as 3 and +. Mike Brown was the lenient coach lebron James wants and look what happened to his team? Lebron had one year of pure fire and focus and that was the year he lost to spurs! BUT HE TRIED!!!! Every other year he failed cuz of the lack of focus. Immaturity is Lebron James and until he matures he will never win.

Coach K came out and said it himself, Lebron James is uncoachable.

ink
11-29-2010, 04:06 PM
Very good article on CBSSports saying that Lebron's handlers and "enablers" are behind the push to get rid of the coach - http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/26140228

It's most likely that Broussard is reporting the truth as he knows it, that from his standpoint, LeBron wasn't the one behind this. But if that's the perception he's being given, it's because LeBron's people are purposefully orchestrating it to look that way. All the signs point to the same kind of power play LeBron has been orchestrating throughout his career with alarming frequency.

Remember that James oversaw multiple coaching changes in Cleveland. He constantly pushed for trades to improve his support while bristling at trades that would move players he was close with. (Even trading Zydrunas Ilgauskas was a difficult one for LeBron, even as it was aimed at gaining either Amar'e Stoudemire or the actually acquired Antawn Jamison.) Throughout all of it, James has and a team of people that go far beyond his agent Leon Rose pushing his agenda, running roughshod over the Cavaliers' organization. That tradition seems to be continuing now that the "family" has moved south. The problem here isn't that LRMR/CAA are driving a conversation in the media. The problem is that they're the ones driving the conversation, period.

J_M_B
11-29-2010, 04:07 PM

You've got to be kidding me..

Chalmers?

He's not a good perimeter defender at all..

This is just another case, which a fan looks at steals, and assumes the player is great defensively. He plays the passing lanes, that's it. Mario can't keep anyone infront of him.

J_M_B
11-29-2010, 04:09 PM
Very good article on CBSSports saying that Lebron's handlers and "enablers" are behind the push to get rid of the coach - http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/26140228

Good read.

Double_R
11-29-2010, 04:12 PM
Spoelstra: to throw someone under the bus without proper merrit or provocation.

i.e.

"Man I can't believe that guy tried to Spoelstra me!"

Like a Bosh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2--uG4QMlA0

I.E. I bought this stapler and it is like a Bosh, it looks great, but it doesn't work.

Below is what happens when this is true ; Heat Loss = Free Drinks
http://www.cnbc.com/id/40415733

King P
11-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Spolestra is actually a good coach. It's not his fault for the way the team's playing and that certain people on the team are "uncoachable".

However the one thing he does have going for him is that it's "Wade's team". Wade has said on many different occasions that he likes Spolestra and wants to keep him cause he believes Erik is a good coach.

As long as Spolestra has his support, he isn't going anywhere.

JayW_1023
11-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Funny how Erik Spoelstra's name gets misspelled time and time again.

Spulstra
Spolestra
Spoolstra
Speolstra

JayW_1023
11-29-2010, 04:26 PM
The Heat should sign Hamed Haddadi, a true enforcer in the paint...and outside it.

tangent12
11-29-2010, 04:30 PM
I think this was obvious at plain sight. You just don't bump into your coach at full speed or have a player stare him down while heading to the bench on national TV.

I think Spoelstras age and lack of experience have a lot to do with it, in terms of the players looking down on him. That's why I truly think a coach like Riley would make quite a difference as far as getting the players to perform at their highest level collectively. Experience and resume get you respect from ego centric player like these guys.

It's hard to have little accomplished in the league and not even half of the success/fame these superstars have had and demand respect and for the players to believe in him when things are going wrong.

Ty Fast
11-29-2010, 04:33 PM
I know this is totally out there but just for fun I was wondering what you would think of this? Me and my friend were talking about this and we thought he would do good there. Miami needs someone to come in and take charge and I donít think Pat Riley wants to coach. Ok now, let me have. Your thoughts?

AddiX
11-29-2010, 04:35 PM
I think Bron thinks he is the god father of the NBA and is causing this mess for Miami. What happened to Bron coming in a being more like Magic Johnson and running the offense? He isn't running ****. He just gets the ball and does whatever he wants.

Erik probably told him to stop that BS and Bron been fighting him on it ever since. You don't bump you head coach on TV like that. This dude Bron runs every team he goes to.

dtmagnet
11-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Yeah, its gotta be the coach's fault thats it.... And when they fire him and nothing changes what will be the next excuse?

Chronz
11-29-2010, 05:26 PM
Like a Bosh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2--uG4QMlA0

I.E. I bought this stapler and it is like a Bosh, it looks great, but it doesn't work.

Below is what happens when this is true ; Heat Loss = Free Drinks
http://www.cnbc.com/id/40415733

Yea but in the end the stapler works and the owner of the bar is happy

ink
11-29-2010, 05:29 PM
Yea but in the end the stapler works and the owner of the bar is happy

This is the part that no one seems to get about the video. Funny as hell, but it delivers the message that we might just be premature in writing off a team with so much talent. The stapler may work yet. In fact, the butt of the joke in the video, Bosh, has turned his season around completely in the last few games.

Minimal
11-29-2010, 05:30 PM
I think Bron thinks he is the god father of the NBA and is causing this mess for Miami. What happened to Bron coming in a being more like Magic Johnson and running the offense? He isn't running ****. He just gets the ball and does whatever he wants.

Erik probably told him to stop that BS and Bron been fighting him on it ever since. You don't bump you head coach on TV like that. This dude Bron runs every team he goes to.
Magic Johnson's coach was Pat Riley, not some Erik Spoelstra who doesn't know **** about offense. Wade and LeBron do whatever they want, because Spo can't implement good and effective offensive plays for them.

LA_Raiders
11-29-2010, 05:35 PM
Lol, blame the coach trio of overpaid primadonnas...

AddiX
11-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Magic Johnson's coach was Pat Riley, not some Erik Spoelstra who doesn't know **** about offense. Wade and LeBron do whatever they want, because Spo can't implement good and effective offensive plays for them.

Riley wouldn't let Spoel coach his masterpiece of he wasn't completely sure he knew what he was doing.

I watch the heat as much as I can, and it's as much brons fault as anyone's. Why is he shooing 7-9 3 pointers a game when he sucks at it? Why isn't he running the offense the way he was expected to? It's not the system, it's him. He does what he wants out there.

IDB Josh M
11-29-2010, 05:39 PM
They're frustrated to Spo because they're not winning. But they don't want Pat riley (who is known to run 4 hour practices) because they don't want to work hard.

Maybe LBJ should just run the point. He's certainly capable of it!

DLeeicious
11-29-2010, 05:40 PM
The Heat need to blowup their current squad and rebuild. This just isn't working clearly.

Double_R
11-29-2010, 05:43 PM
This is the part that no one seems to get about the video. Funny as hell, but it delivers the message that we might just be premature in writing off a team with so much talent. The stapler may work yet. In fact, the butt of the joke in the video, Bosh, has turned his season around completely in the last few games.

Yea definitely way to early to write them off... However the "like a bosh" song has the best line ever in it "Tweet my face off"

robdizzle3
11-29-2010, 05:47 PM
This video shows what type of "leader" Lebron is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHIl0xw4Zaw&feature=player_embedded

AddiX
11-29-2010, 06:19 PM
Real leaders don't bump there coach on natinal TV and than have his friends leak information to the media. Bron is a spoiled brat.

Durant is hype
11-29-2010, 06:40 PM
Nonetheless winning takes some sacrifice. Manu in his prime would average Wade like numbers if he had played the same amount of minutes. But he sucked it up too for the sake of winning.

With With Bosh, Z and Jones as floor spacers, LeBron would be able to penetrate at will. I would sub in Wade for Z and play LBJ at power forward, Bosh at centre and push the ball and run opposing teams out of the gym. Wade and LeBron both on the floor doesn't work unless LBJ plays PF and becomes a finisher.

Wade as SG and LBJ as SF and you get inefficient Streetball.

That's a very good suggestion,Lebron at PF might be the formula the Heat need.

Mplsman
11-29-2010, 06:43 PM
Pat Riley would be better imo.

JayW_1023
11-29-2010, 06:54 PM
I believe Spoelstra is trying the best he can to motivate his stars, but the problem is he is no Pat Riley, even if Riley would probably do the same thing in his position.

I hope he still is the Heats head coach by seasons end, because even though he is young, he has made the Heat overachieve the past two seasons. He ain't a bad coach.

LeBron and co. really have no choice but to listen to Spo or continue underachieving. No player is bigger than the game.

Rosh
11-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Doc would be a ***** if he went to the Heat. At least I respect him now.

Chronz
11-29-2010, 07:18 PM

Its almost as if you didnt know that Riley was a nobody when he started coaching

ElMarroAfamado
11-30-2010, 01:14 AM
Eric Spoelstra wont go anywhere ...I believe it was Jalen Rose who said the other day Pat Riley would come back if he felt this was a Championship caliber team...he knows its not ...which is why i dont think we will see him coach anytime soon...

lakerboy
11-30-2010, 02:55 AM

They had orgasms with Dampier

AIRMAR72
11-30-2010, 05:36 PM
Lebron James is lazy. He rather party than practice, he rather do an ESPN video or play than focus on the game. Hes not a true leader, everything MJ says in that new commercial is the truth. Lebron is only focusing on his talent and I would not be suprised to see James as the modern day A.I.

Do not be fooled, yes hes the most athletic guy in the game but hes no winner.
USA team came out this summer and said it... He was not devoted enough. Nike was ready to drop him for his immaturity and USA was gonna kick him out for his disrespect and lack of focus. The Cavs didnt care cuz he was winning, when he dissapointed them in an embarrassing way they finally came out with the truth that he was not the true king he claimed he was. He gave up

Now Miami is failing to do what they thought they would and now these 3 friends are failing to see that its their fault not the coaches.

From what I hear the coach is only at fault because hes not letting Lebron James and the players play their game. Hes not letting them have fun?
Fun to a true winner is WINNING. Did Jordan joke around during games, practices, meetings and so on and so on? NO! HE WON 6 championships on pure devotion and focus and fire.

Lebron cares more about his name and popularity and his legacy than anything. His priorities are in the wrong place. Hes taking the whole team down with him... Wade actually is coming out as a true leader and blaming everyone rather than one individual.

All you knicks fan who hate Lebron hate him fro the wrong reason. too be honest i have no idea why any of you guys would wnat Lebron James on your team? If he left his home state, home team and a pretty dam good team for miami and friends wont he do it for you!?

Coach S is trying to be a proper coach, demand respect and unit the team as one. Not as 3 and +. Mike Brown was the lenient coach lebron James wants and look what happened to his team? Lebron had one year of pure fire and focus and that was the year he lost to spurs! BUT HE TRIED!!!! Every other year he failed cuz of the lack of focus. Immaturity is Lebron James and until he matures he will never win.

Coach K came out and said it himself, Lebron James is uncoachable.

i agree,furthermore bron ball handling skills are just average they need a penerating that who break the defense down sense bron and have no post game PG (steve nash) and a descent C to proctect da rim bron bumping into to coach S what was that all about dude is spoiled rotten i remember couple years when da CAVS played da hawks in da playoffs and da CAVS lost the series bron got upset and took his ball and went home didnt bother shake the wining team hands (that piss me off when he did that) while during da playoffs bron and his CAVS teamates were breakdancing moonwalking and posing for photo shots i like the guy but bron no true leader

Southsideheat
11-30-2010, 05:49 PM
Bron's people probably planted this story.