PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Pacers!

srsly_chris
11-29-2010, 12:54 AM
Respect US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap:

drobe86
11-29-2010, 12:55 AM
Awesome win bro.... I just saw them drop the Lakers off. The Pacers are truly one of the up and coming teams in the East. I see them as the Thunder of last year.

srsly_chris
11-29-2010, 12:58 AM
Pacers are playing hard, even our losses have mostly been battles. They Lost to Orlando by four, Beat Miami in Miami, Blew a big lead on the Thunder, Beat LA in LA. They're on the rise. Thanks alot for the compliments

Valkyrie
11-29-2010, 01:00 AM
lol

Chacarron
11-29-2010, 01:01 AM
B.Jennings lol what the hell is wrong with you? trying to get banned?

B.JenningsMVP
11-29-2010, 01:02 AM
sorry just high n slightweight mad @ the 2 game losing streak

tangent12
11-29-2010, 01:02 AM
It's only one game. The Pacers have a long way to go before their anywhere near respected.

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-29-2010, 01:05 AM
Great. We'll need some competition in the Central so the Bulls players don't get too lazy and lose any intensity going into the playoffs :)

Teeboy1487
11-29-2010, 01:12 AM
You guys are pretty good. Great game. I guess that almost perfect quarter against Denver was not a fluke. You guys should make the playoffs barring injury. To beat Miami and my Lakers is pretty good. Again, Good game. PS, Hibbert is a monster now. I like his development.

Bruno
11-29-2010, 01:13 AM
Hibert dominated Gasol tonight.

DreamShaker
11-29-2010, 01:14 AM
The weed is bad?? Lol.

As far as the Pacers go...they are looking as good as they ever have since Artest went insane and crippled the franchise. I bet they never mind beating his teams too much either, especially right after he helped the Lakers win it all.

And Pau Gasol should not be playing 45 minutes in a regular season game against the Pacers. Are they trying to get him injured? I know with Bynum and Ratliff out it's thin up front, but I read an article saying Jackson was planning on monitoring his minutes, then he does this? I know it's only November but this is not a good situation with Gasol.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-29-2010, 01:14 AM
pacers fans should send thank you letters for pau

Avenged
11-29-2010, 01:15 AM
Good win for the Pacers, but the Lakers lack of effort and lazy play in the beginning is what cost them the game.. Not trying to discredit the Pacers win, but L.A definitely looked down onto their opponent and got burned.

justinnum1
11-29-2010, 01:16 AM
That defensive breakdown at the end of the game was huge, nice win for the pacers. They are a pretty good team. And they shot only 4/20 from 3's.

Mochalman
11-29-2010, 01:19 AM
i'd still take lakers in a 7 game series

Raph12
11-29-2010, 01:20 AM
Hibbert's been beasting for you guys, hopefully he doesn't get injured like the rest of the up-and-coming players at the center position.

zambo4president
11-29-2010, 01:20 AM
Ive been planning on going to some games since I live here now, I was gonna go either way but it's a nice bonus that their a competetive team now. I had them as my sleeper this year, I just wasn't completely sure if it would be this year or next year they started putting it together. They have the ideal pieces to be good again. A good young center that plays D, A young playmaking PG, And a strong scoring wing and a young SG on the rise. Plus some good role players like Tyler Hansbrough, TJ Ford, Dahntay Jones and Josh McRoberts. They've been playing good basketball.

shep33
11-29-2010, 01:24 AM
Good win for the Pacers... Lakers need a backup big haha, we have none! All we have is LO and Pau... and both, especially Pau is dying out there playing so many minutes. Phil doesn't play Caracter because... well he's not too good right now. Can't wait till Bynum and Ratliff get back, don't want Pau to get hurt too with such a load of minutes.

Still good game Pacers!

adidas2307
11-29-2010, 01:24 AM
Awesome win bro.... I just saw them drop the Lakers off. The Pacers are truly one of the up and coming teams in the East. I see them as the Thunder of last year.

Lolwut?

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-29-2010, 01:29 AM
I had no idea Hibbert would devolop like this. He was very good tonight. And before anyone says Kobe jacked up a lot of shots, you had to have seen the game. Everyone but him was in weird type of funk. He tried to get them back in the game when they were down by 15 in the 3rd

ChiSox219
11-29-2010, 01:35 AM
I picked Indiana to make the playoffs and they are exceeding even my expectations. Eastern Conference teams better take notice.

mgeise
11-29-2010, 01:35 AM
Lolwut?

I can see them sneaking into the playoffs and giving one of the high seeds in the East a scare in the first round. They are very young and should continue to improve like the Thunder have been. I don't think they have anywhere near the talent that OKC has, but I definitely can see the comparison.

SouljahPhil...
11-29-2010, 01:37 AM
Very nice game by the pacers..congrats!

Plus the minutes on pau is making him gasoft all over again...

Kobe was the only 1 trying hard...

Plus the last play was horrible...don't we have a timeout left?

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-29-2010, 01:53 AM
Very nice game by the pacers..congrats!

Plus the minutes on pau is making him gasoft all over again...

Kobe was the only 1 trying hard...

Plus the last play was horrible...don't we have a timeout left?

I actually like the last play. Kobe got the best look he had all night. He just chocked it away. (Not the 38 footer) the one before that

Avenged
11-29-2010, 01:56 AM
I actually like the last play. Kobe got the best look he had all night. He just chocked it away. (Not the 38 footer) the one before that

Yep, he had plenty of space on his first attempt, the sucker just didn't go down. His last shot was just awful though, I don't blame him, but Artest for dribbling it out and getting it to him when he was so far out.. and the lack of not calling a timeout when they were struggling to find anything.

SouljahPhil...
11-29-2010, 01:59 AM

Actually I'm not refering to that..I also like that play...what I meant was the next one.,when ron rebound the ball should have called a time out..

SouljahPhil...
11-29-2010, 02:01 AM
Yep, he had plenty of space on his first attempt, the sucker just didn't go down. His last shot was just awful though, I don't blame him, but Artest for dribbling it out and getting it to him when he was so far out.. and the lack of not calling a timeout when they were struggling to find anything.

mind boggling or may be ron just don't have the presence of mind to call one..:confused:

Avenged
11-29-2010, 02:19 AM
mind boggling or may be ron just don't have the presence of mind to call one..:confused:

He should've and probably would've if his teammates would have actually yelled out for him to call it since he obviously wasn't [and didn't]. I don't really remember, but was Phil even asking for one? It's not entirely Ron's fault if that's the case.

SouljahPhil...
11-29-2010, 02:33 AM
He should've and probably would've if his teammates would have actually yelled out for him to call it since he obviously wasn't [and didn't]. I don't really remember, but was Phil even asking for one? It's not entirely Ron's fault if that's the case.

yeah...not even one teammate yell or ask him to call for a time out..

PrettyBoyJ
11-29-2010, 02:34 AM
if they can consistency from Roy hibbert and Darren Collison.. and danny Granger putting 25+ a game then they're gonna be a problem

ChiTownPacerFan
11-29-2010, 02:34 AM
Meh, as someone else said, we have a long way to go before we can start demanding respect.
As for the positives:

-Hibbert is truly looking like the next great big man in the NBA. His post game is much improved on both ends, he's blocking shots without following, and he has a pretty nice stroke out to about 18 feet.

-Brandon Rush is finally asserting himself. Apart from being the teams best perimeter (by a huge margin), I believe he still has the potential to be a very efficient scorer.

-The team seems much more cohesive on both ends, but mainly in their team defense; which has vastly improved.

Ok, now on to the problems:

-Outside of Brandon Rush, the team doesn't have a single good one-on-one defender.

-Josh McRoberts is our starting power forward.

-Obrien's system does not utilize the point guard at all. This is why Darren Collison has been a disappointment and T.J. Ford has been relegated to an expiring contract.

-Danny Granger can not carry a team. He is a great shooter and a very smart basketball player, but he has no one-on-one skills. I cringe every team he has the ball on an iso, or tries to handle the ball on a fast-break. The team still lacks a creator/slasher who we can go to in the clutch.

Alright, this post is getting way too long. Long story short, perhaps we can use some of our expirings to build going forward, but we are indeed a work in progress.

srsly_chris
11-29-2010, 02:38 AM
Yes, I agree we are a work in progress, and we will continue to improve and go through growing pains, my post was more of an Outcry to ESPN.. They always point out how the good teams struggled, they don't talk about how well we have played team defense, or show any of the bright spots of our young and improved franchise.

_KB24_
11-29-2010, 03:07 AM
Our big's inside positioning was pathetic tonight, especially Gasol. If your a supposed "Mvp" candidate, you don't let guys like Hibbert abuse you in the paint..:pity:

ChiTownPacerFan
11-29-2010, 04:10 AM
Our big's inside positioning was pathetic tonight, especially Gasol. If your a supposed "Mvp" candidate, you don't let guys like Hibbert abuse you in the paint..:pity:

I know you are frustrated by the loss, but what do you mean by "guys like Hibbert"? Hibbert has been playing like a stud all year, pay attention.

kArSoN RyDaH
11-29-2010, 04:13 AM
Enjoy it, because it's not going to happen again. You are playing a Laker team coming off a back-to-back loss to Utah (a playoff contender). You are also playing a team without a starting center. I don't think that merits any respect.

cambovenzi
11-29-2010, 04:17 AM
Win something beside a regular season game and you might get respect

iggypop123
11-29-2010, 04:24 AM
nice win. would have been more impressive if it didnt look like the lakers didnt try for half of the game. this team looks to me like last yrs bucks or the bocats. an average team in the eastern conference who could make some noise (2nd round).

ko8e24
11-29-2010, 04:35 AM
Great defensive job by the Pacers. They took the Lakers out of their comfort zone and offensive flow the entire game and forced Kobe to do all the scoring. Congrats to this young Pacers squad. They deserved the win.

ko8e24
11-29-2010, 04:37 AM
And what is wrong with all these Lakers fans getting all butt sore. Man-up and accept defeat. Congratulate the fan of the winning team. Swallow your pride and ego guys! :mad:

gbrl
11-29-2010, 04:55 AM
Enjoy it, because it's not going to happen again. You are playing a Laker team coming off a back-to-back loss to Utah (a playoff contender). You are also playing a team without a starting center. I don't think that merits any respect.

guy with the excuses, that loss was 2 days ago as was the pacers loss to the thunder (also a playoff contender) and your playing a team without a starting pf

D1JM
11-29-2010, 05:00 AM
Gasol fatigue started with Noah lol

lakersfan211
11-29-2010, 05:21 AM
pacers are better but if they make the playoffs they will be one and done , talk about a team of nobodys , thats what the pacers are , meaning they have no star player .

lakersfan211
11-29-2010, 05:25 AM
damn pacer fans act like they won the championship by beating us , remember the lakers have been known to play down to teams below them .

lakersfan211
11-29-2010, 05:27 AM
just reading some of the comments up top , well they mise well , its not like they will see a championship anytime soon .

lakersfan211
11-29-2010, 05:28 AM
or should i say pacer fan .

ESaady
11-29-2010, 05:48 AM
I ****ing despise Dunleavy.

Niro
11-29-2010, 06:50 AM
i really like hibbert..theres a reason he is on my fantasy team:cool:

shep33
11-29-2010, 08:22 AM
Meh it's okay... I'm not too worried about the Lakers. Weird game tonight though... i watched most of it. First 3 quarters... I swear it looked like the Lakers didn't care, and weren't trying half as hard as the Pacers... then Kobe wakes up and goes off and the team starts trying during the 4th to make it a close game.

We've seen this happen before as Laker fans... it's frustrating but I understand that they don't really care about the regular season. I feel bad for Pau and LO, the only two bigs that play for us with Drew and Ratliff gone. Pau is logging way way too many mins, and I hope he doesn't get injured.

Overall though, I'm pretty pleased with the Lakers... they haven't really lost big to anybody... all their losses to Utah, Indy, Denver, Phoenix, were all close games down to the wire. Considereing we're not healthy or not in sync yet defensively and our record being 13-4 I believe... makes me okay with it. This is the same Laker team that sucked bigtime at the end of last season... 4-7 going into the playoffs... so really regular season doesn't mean much.

Pacers deserved the win though.

Draco
11-29-2010, 09:18 AM
i really like hibbert..theres a reason he is on my fantasy team:cool:

He's been interesting and it'll be interesting to see if he continues maintaining his physical conditioning.

Joshtd1
11-29-2010, 09:41 AM
Pacers are a pretty solid team, they got Collison at PG now (upgrade over what they had last year for sure) who can distribute and score the ball nicely. Granger/Dunleavy/Rush can all shoot the ball. Hibbert has looked really good this year, and could be a good defender if he tries.

Offense definately shouldn't be a problem with them, if anything it would be the D IMO, but they really arent a bad team at all.

drobe86
11-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Lol@ Lakers fans trying to discredit this win. Lakers fans always come up with some excuses. Like the Lakers didn't care about the game, or they didn't play hard, or the regular season doesn't matter. Well why do they play the regular season? The excuses are so pathetic. You got your *** whooped..... The End

Super.
11-29-2010, 09:54 AM
Hippert = Beast

Jenceman
11-29-2010, 09:57 AM
Lol@ Lakers fans trying to discredit this win. Lakers fans always come up with some excuses. Like the Lakers didn't care about the game, or they didn't play hard, or the regular season doesn't matter. Well why do they play the regular season? The excuses are so pathetic. You got your *** whooped..... The End

Didn't know 3 points was an *** whooping...

And the Lakers did look like they didn't care, it happens a lot with this team. Basically cruised through a lot of the reg. season last year.

Minimal
11-29-2010, 10:05 AM
Hibbert will be best all-around center in the league soon, along with Dwight Howard.

Geargo Wallace
11-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Hibbert is playing solid ball and holding his own against some of the better bigs in the game. Shoulda' been a Raptor.

SouljahPhil...
11-29-2010, 10:34 AM

LOL @ u mister...:facepalm:

Watch the game before you post so you won't look like a fool for your comments...plus I think most laker fan here is crediting and giving credit were it is due....Nice *** whooping???...:speechless:

WolvesJagsOs
11-29-2010, 10:59 AM
You guys are pretty good. Great game. I guess that almost perfect quarter against Denver was not a fluke. You guys should make the playoffs barring injury. To beat Miami and my Lakers is pretty good. Again, Good game. PS, Hilbert is a monster now. I like his development.

This. Hibbert is truely a beast.

fadedmario
11-29-2010, 11:10 AM
its about time.

Philly 4 Life
11-29-2010, 11:24 AM
I really like this team a lot, they are really on the rise, granger is a very good player, and it turns out sending hibbert to the d-league to work on his stuff really turned out to be a great move. I wonder if the same results will happen with Cole Aldrich who was sent there about a week ago. But in general, im glad for the pacers i hope they can make a run in the playoffs to so we can finallly talk about someone else besides, the heat, celtics, nd magic in the east

Philly 4 Life
11-29-2010, 11:29 AM
A stat that I like about this young team is that they are 4-2 on the road, including wins against miami and the lakers. Also, they are a really scrappy solid team, they are 4th in the league in rebounding with just about 44-45 a game, and 8th in points allowed giving up about 96 a game. If they can get their offensive numbers a little higher maybe around the 102-103 a game, (their 16th right now averaging about 99) this team can make a nice run and be like the flyers of last season and make an incredible run by shocking team after team.

mikantsass
11-29-2010, 11:37 AM
I think the best part about the Pacers is that they are actually a TEAM. They blend well and play well TOGETHER. Mostly all of their players (especially the starters) games compliment each other.

drobe86
11-29-2010, 11:39 AM
LOL @ u mister...:facepalm:

Watch the game before you post so you won't look like a fool for your comments...plus I think most laker fan here is crediting and giving credit were it is due....Nice *** whooping???...:speechless:

I actually did watch the game. And I noticed that the Pacers led the game throughout most of the game. It is what it is the lakers lost. Don't get me crap about the Lakers not caring about the game. Seriously Professionals don't care about the game? Really?

drobe86
11-29-2010, 11:41 AM
Didn't know 3 points was an *** whooping...

And the Lakers did look like they didn't care, it happens a lot with this team. Basically cruised through a lot of the reg. season last year.

They didn't care? Really? I watched the game and on that day the Pacers were a better team... Don't make excuses you LOST...

Hunter48MVP
11-29-2010, 11:54 AM
Didn't see the Laker game, but LAKERS LOST! What! Pacers WON!

Team*Chicago
11-29-2010, 11:57 AM
I thought the Bucks was going to give the Bulls some serious competitions in the Central Division but it looks like the Pacers are doing that instead of the Bucks. The Pacers has proven to be a good team just like the Chicago Bears against the Philadelphia Eagles and will probaly make the playoffs.

JordansBulls
11-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Gasol has no backup at this point and he is playing out of position against a guy that is bigger than he is.

JayW_1023
11-29-2010, 12:18 PM
Gasol was obviously tired from trying to wrestle 7'2 260 pount Hibbert in the post for 45 minutes. It's good to see the Pacers finally becoming a team with an identity. They haven't had that since the Big Brawl.

lavell12
11-29-2010, 12:47 PM
I would love to see the Pacers get another star to go along side Granger and make them a real contender for a title.

Joshtd1
11-29-2010, 01:15 PM
Gasol has no backup at this point and he is playing out of position against a guy that is bigger than he is.

So why is Gasol playing out of position when he is the same height and weight as Duncan, and are pretty similar players...yet Duncan is a center?

Philly 4 Life
11-29-2010, 01:25 PM
I would love to see the Pacers get another star to go along side Granger and make them a real contender for a title.

i will gladly give the pacers andre iguadala, hes avergin 20, 9.5 rebs, and 7 dimes since his return from injury

Philly 4 Life
11-29-2010, 01:25 PM
^^^ ill take cash in return or a pack of bubble gum

masalex1205
11-29-2010, 01:33 PM
How did they get Collison for Troy Murphy/taking on Posey? I thought NO could have gotten a lot more than Ariza for him

shep33
11-29-2010, 02:43 PM

Did you even watch the game?

Mcnabb_vision
11-29-2010, 03:08 PM
the pacers are my sleeper pick this year...i always believed in hibbert..and now they got a real pg whos young n has madd potential..with granger attacking the rim, this team does deserve its respect for the work they've put in this year...big wins against big teams...

mjt20mik
11-29-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm so upset the Raps traded Hibbert for JO. God I wish we could have had that trade back.

bulldog312
11-29-2010, 03:38 PM
the pacers are my sleeper pick this year...i always believed in hibbert..and now they got a real pg whos young n has madd potential..with granger attacking the rim, this team does deserve its respect for the work they've put in this year...big wins against big teams...

Sleeper pick for what exactly? I hope you just mean to make the playoffs. This team is improving, but I can't see any way they make any noise if the get there.

SouljahPhil...
11-29-2010, 06:09 PM
I actually did watch the game. And I noticed that the Pacers led the game throughout most of the game. It is what it is the lakers lost. Don't get me crap about the Lakers not caring about the game. Seriously Professionals don't care about the game? Really?

Pacers gain the lead in the 2nd and did not lead by more than 6 points... you call that an *** whooping? :facepalm: hahaha... take a close look at the game and you will see only kobe is doing all the effort and maybe barnes.. most of the guys are lazy or just tired... And yeah! a lot of professionals don't care about the game.... anyway that lose was no problem with me and the pacers deserves it..

Hawkeye15
11-29-2010, 06:10 PM
I have to admit I didn't think Hibbert had this upside coming out of school.

shonk688
11-29-2010, 07:28 PM
Pacers gain the lead in the 2nd and did not lead by more than 6 points... you call that an *** whooping? :facepalm: hahaha... take a close look at the game and you will see only kobe is doing all the effort and maybe barnes.. most of the guys are lazy or just tired... And yeah! a lot of professionals don't care about the game.... anyway that lose was no problem with me and the pacers deserves it..

Actually they lead by 15 or so I believe in the 3rd. I watched the game.

It was by no means an *** kicking.