PDA

View Full Version : Who are your top 3 underrated players in the NBA?

drobe86
11-29-2010, 12:29 AM
Who are your top 3 guys in the NBA that are outstanding but simply don't get the recognition they deserve for whatever reason? They may play in a small market or just go unnoticed.

drobe86
11-29-2010, 12:38 AM
1. Danny Granger
2. Zach Randolph
3. Joe Johnson

Danny Granger is a budding superstar and can shoot from anywhere on the floor. Dudes literally got in the gym range and has the pacer playing great ball.

Z-Bo is a straight up baller and backs down from nobody despite his height. At 6'9 260 he can shoot great inside 20 feet and rebounds with the best of them. Off the court problems early in his career have ppl not looking at him the way they should.

Joe Johnson is one of the most versatile players in the NBA. IDK why people hate on him like they do. Dude averages 20 5 and 5 and has for most of his career.. Its just a shame

JoeyBoy718
11-29-2010, 12:39 AM
(Note: They have been getting their respect this so far this season, but it's still early)

1. Pau Gasol- Was one of the best big men with Memphis and continuously went unnoticed (small market). Then came to the Lakers and went unnoticed until this season (overshadowed by Kobe).

2. Russell Westbrook- Still young but he is finally getting his due. Everyone talks about Durant but no one mentions Westbrook. Has emerged as one of the top 5 point guards in the league -- along with Paul, Williams, Rose and Rondo -- in a league run by PGs. Without him, the Thunder would be a bottom feeder team and Durant would not get all the hype.

3. Manu Ginobli- It's hard to say Duncan hasn't gotten his praise. And Parker is great but there are so many better point guards in this PG heavy league. That leaves Manu. 4 NBA titles, on the best team in the league, and continuously leads the team in scoring. Still hasn't gotten his due.

asandhu23
11-29-2010, 12:41 AM
1. Monta Ellis
2. Kelenna Azubuike
3. Ronny Turiaf

LTBaByyy
11-29-2010, 12:42 AM
Monta Ellis!!! Bc of the team and market he's on

Josh Smith, he does so much and not an all star in the EAST?!? Plus he's 24

Reggie Evans? He avg 12 rebounds but only 4 points, so why can't people just box him out lol I guess hes one of the best rebounders in the world currently

JordansBulls
11-29-2010, 12:42 AM
1. Pau Gasol (Led team last in Win Shares and PER and also doing so this year)
2. Derrick Rose (2nd in the league in scoring)
3. Russell Westbrook (leading team in PER and Win Shares)

drobe86
11-29-2010, 12:43 AM
(Note: They have been getting their respect this so far this season, but it's still early)

1. Pau Gasol- Was one of the best big men with Memphis and continuously went unnoticed (small market). Then came to the Lakers and went unnoticed until this season (overshadowed by Kobe).

2. Russell Westbrook- Still young but he is finally getting his due. Everyone talks about Durant but no one mentions Westbrook. Has emerged as one of the top 5 point guards in the league -- along with Paul, Williams, Rose and Rondo -- in a league run by PGs. Without him, the Thunder would be a bottom feeder team and Durant would not get all the hype.

3. Manu Ginobli- It's hard to say Duncan hasn't gotten his praise. And Parker is great but there are so many better point guards in this PG heavy league. That leaves Manu. 4 NBA titles, on the best team in the league, and continuously leads the team in scoring. Still hasn't gotten his due.

+1 on Manu... Manu is probably the best player on that team and has been to me for most of his career. All anybody wants to talk about is Tim duncan, when its been Ginobili putting the ball in the cup in consistently and taking and making HUGE shots in the season and playoffs.

drobe86
11-29-2010, 12:45 AM
Monta Ellis!!! Bc of the team and market he's on

Josh Smith, he does so much and not an all star in the EAST?!? Plus he's 24

Reggie Evans? He avg 12 rebounds but only 4 points, so why can't people just box him out lol I guess hes one of the best rebounders in the world currently

+1 on Monta Ellis. That guy is a budding superstar as well and can score with anybody. J Smoove is a really good player as well but hasn't taken his game to the next level. Once he develops a consistent offensive game I think he will get his due.

drobe86
11-29-2010, 12:47 AM
1. Pau Gasol (Led team last in Win Shares and PER and also doing so this year)
2. Derrick Rose (2nd in the league in scoring)
3. Russell Westbrook (leading team in PER and Win Shares)

Derrick Rose to me is overrated lol. I think he's really good but Bulls fans have forced fed him to me as a top 5-10 NBA player and that's just simply not the case. We'll see going forward but I stopped looking and listening to that when a Bulls fan told me he was better than Lebron and Wade lol.....

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-29-2010, 12:51 AM
Derrick Rose to me is overrated lol. I think he's really good but Bulls fans have forced fed him to me as a top 5-10 NBA player and that's just simply not the case. We'll see going forward but I stopped looking and listening to that when a Bulls fan told me he was better than Lebron and Wade lol.....

Check back with us in April.

Shonuff
11-29-2010, 12:56 AM
The guy that said that was just f'n around. Use your own judgment based on play and not because bulls fans have "force fed him" to you.

BSplaya2121
11-29-2010, 01:02 AM
my biased pick......... Ray Felton

LakersA's49ers
11-29-2010, 01:02 AM
Kevin Love, Monta Ellis, and Danny Granger. Very good at what they do

stawka
11-29-2010, 01:05 AM
LOL @ Rose. Let's just throw LeBron, Kobe, Wade in the mix as well yeah?

Odom = inconsistent but underrated. When he's on his A-game, the Lakers are hard to beat because he's everywhere

ATM I think Eric Gordon is pretty underrated. He's playing awesome ball but Blake is just taking the limelight away from him. Obviously not THE most underrated, but he has to be mentioned

bigsams50
11-29-2010, 01:08 AM
Joakim Noah
Lamar Odom
Luis Scola

jim51990
11-29-2010, 01:11 AM
1. d-will -- for those who watch him regularly its pretty clear he is the best pg in the nba (thou paul is very close)

2. Pau Gasol -- during the playoff last year and this season thus far he has been the best player on the best team in the league

3. Manu - I dont think he has ever got the respect he should because when healthy he is one of the best sgs in the league

mgeise
11-29-2010, 01:11 AM
Some names I'll throw out there: Eric Gordon, Luis Scola, and Brook Lopez

B.JenningsMVP
11-29-2010, 01:12 AM
Luke Walton
Vladamir Radmonavich (poor mans nowitzki)
Donte Greene

RayRay
11-29-2010, 01:16 AM
1. Russel Westbrook
2. Paul Milsap
3. Rudy Gay

Raph12
11-29-2010, 01:18 AM
1. Dwight Howard (offensively)
2. Manu Ginobli
3. Thunder roster besides Durant (especially Westbrook)

SeoulBeatz
11-29-2010, 01:22 AM
1. d-will -- for those who watch him regularly its pretty clear he is the best pg in the nba (thou paul is very close)

2. Pau Gasol -- during the playoff last year and this season thus far he has been the best player on the best team in the league

3. Manu - I dont think he has ever got the respect he should because when healthy he is one of the best sgs in the league

Very true.

You gotta watch Deron a lot to see that he simply is the most dominant pg in the NBA. Not the flashiest, just best. then paul, then the usual rose/rondo/westbrook...

Mavrix
11-29-2010, 02:01 AM
Jason Terry.

Ebbs
11-29-2010, 02:18 AM
Love
Beasley
Manu (maybe the most underrated player since I started watching NBA. And I hate the spurs.)

5ass
11-29-2010, 02:24 AM
1.Josh Smith
2.Danny Granger
3.Monta Ellis

PrettyBoyJ
11-29-2010, 02:31 AM
Manu- Guy can do anything with a basketball, and his game is respected buy everyone in the league and he's clutch..

Deron Williams- Might sound crazy but he doesnt get recognition that he should get.. dude only started getting notice as the best pg when CP3 had an injury plague season, but the truth is he's been toe to toe wit CP3 for awhile and no one notice.. Maybe its the small market or maybe ppl are too obsessed with CP

Paul Milsap- Having a break out year but got over looked on the allstar ballot.. full of potential and prob will have crazy numbers when he reaches his prime.

dukejazz
11-29-2010, 02:34 AM
paul millsap,blake griffin they only talk about his dunks not his scoring and rebounds,monta ellis

KG2TB
11-29-2010, 02:59 AM
Kevin Love, Russell Westbrook, Rudy Gay, Tony Parker, Eric Gordon

Sadds The Gr8
11-29-2010, 03:01 AM
Russell Westbrook
Luis Scola
Gerald Wallace

jimbobjarree
11-29-2010, 03:04 AM
paul millsap getting left off the allstar ballot was a huge underestimation

with the other 2 I'ma take Brook Lopez and Eric Gordon

kingbrentg
11-29-2010, 03:09 AM
Eric Gordon
Luis Scola
Kevin Love

Kashmir13579
11-29-2010, 03:14 AM
Gallo
Crawford
everyone on the Spurs besides Duncan.

Drewlius
11-29-2010, 03:58 AM
Jason Richardson
Manu Ginobili
David West

TylerSL
11-29-2010, 04:03 AM
Manu Ginobilli
Udonis Haslem
Shane Battier

CityofChaos
11-29-2010, 04:54 AM
1. Luis Scola
2. Monta Ellis
3. Russell Westbrook

D1JM
11-29-2010, 04:55 AM
Scola, love, Wallace

gbrl
11-29-2010, 04:57 AM
manu
westbrook
scola

Storch
11-29-2010, 05:18 AM
Luis Scola: he's a great player and i dont care what anyone says
Lamar Odom: extremely versatile and more consistent than what most claim him to be
Steve Nash: two time mvp with a lot of doubters. ppl easily forget how nash makes everyone around him better. Hell, nash can make the towel boy average 15 ppg with his amazing passing.

Minimal
11-29-2010, 06:31 AM
1. Josh Smith (The guy is better that Joe Johnson couple of year and is not an all-star???)
2. Joakim Noah (More valuable to the team than Rose IMO)
3. Pau Gasol (Finals MVP, without the Finals MVP title, more effective than Kobe, but is considered as 2nd best player on the Lakers...)

beardown78
11-29-2010, 07:52 AM
Kevin Love
Monte Ellis
Loul Deng

beardown78
11-29-2010, 08:00 AM

Lmao Overrated averaging 26 and 8 huh, either your A plain hater or you're so weak minded you'll allow a couple of overboard fans on an internet site to sway you're opinion about a good young basketball player

Hawkeye15
11-29-2010, 09:06 AM
Manu
Noah
Scola

Joshtd1
11-29-2010, 09:33 AM
I can't see how people are saying Gasol is underrated, when most people I've seen say he's the best PF in the nba today? Maybe he was underrated in Memphis but once he got to LA he certainly hasnt been..

Anyway people to me who are underrated are the guys who haven't been all-stars yet, but are finally breaking out and showing how good they are, or the guys who just consistently put in work yet really aren't talked about a lot because the #'s aren't overwhelming, yet have an impact on the game.

Guys like Love, Millsap, Noah, Haslem, etc

rhymeratic
11-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Wilson Chandler
Landry Fields
Jason Thompson

John Walls Era
11-29-2010, 09:43 AM
1) Monta Ellis

2) Kevin Love

3) Andrea Bargnani

aussie
11-29-2010, 09:52 AM
David West (Great shooter, but CP3 takes the talk from him)
Pau Gasol (Running the lakers with Kobe atm)
Reggie Evans (12+ rebounds)

Ollie Tabooger
11-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Serge Ibaka
Udonis Haslem
Carl Landry

Slimsim
11-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Landry fields
Thaddeus Young
Milsap

threalReginald
11-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Udonis Haslem
Wilson Chandler
Dorrel Wright
Rasual Butler

Joshtd1
11-29-2010, 01:05 PM
How is Gasol underrated to the people putting him? A guy who keeps being considered the best PF in the game by all these analysts and announcers, and most people here think that..is underrated?

the unknown
11-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Josh Smith- Common he is probably the most versitile defender in the nba.. Can handle it shoot it.. passes really well.. freak athelete.. and nobody talks about him at all.. just because he doesnt score 25 a game

wilson chandler- even knicks fans take this guy for granted.. he is 16-6 with 2 blocks off the bench playing the 2,3, 4 and guarding 1-5.. he usually plays defense on the other teams best player.. and can still do just about everything.

ginboli-one of the toughest guys in the entire league to guard.. plays with heart and smarts.. when he is playing well the spurs are a championship caliber team

BranWingss
11-29-2010, 01:12 PM
Milsap
Love
Odom

Philly 4 Life
11-29-2010, 01:15 PM
Elton Brand, Andre Iguodala, Willie Green.

Just kidding i hate all 3 of dem nd we got rid of 1 already now i wish we can get rid of the other 2...but my 3 are Rudy Gay, Pau Gasol, Danny Granger

iliketurtles24
11-29-2010, 01:17 PM
love, westbrook, milsap

ATL Falcons
11-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Ellis
Rose
Granger
Love

kntresistheheat
11-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Ellis
Westbrook
Milsap

RIPSweetness34
11-29-2010, 01:53 PM

This is exactly why he is underrated. He is 2nd in the league in scoring, is averaging 9 assists per game. Has the Bulls over .500 on the circus trip for the first time since MJ. He is also doing this without our second best player. Meanwhile the Heat have a worse record then the Bulls and they have D Wade AND Lebron. The guy is 4th in the league in MVP voting, and just makes people look absolutely silly when he drives to the basket. All he has done since he got to the NBA is get better and better and people still say "ehhhh, I guess he's good but not top 5." It is ignorance like this that has Bulls fans force him down peoples throats, bc they are either not smart enough or don't know enough about basketball to see how much of a talent this kid really is. Not to mention, if the refs start blowing their whistles when he makes people look silly driving to the basket, then his PPG will go up. So you tell me why he is overrated.

Robbw241
11-29-2010, 01:54 PM
Kris Humphries for sho.

MJ-BULLS
11-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Kevin love
Noah
Paul Millsap

ShadyTip
11-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Lamar odom
Luis Scola
Kevin Love

ShadyTip
11-29-2010, 02:09 PM
How is Gasol underrated to the people putting him? A guy who keeps being considered the best PF in the game by all these analysts and announcers, and most people here think that..is underrated?

i agree 100%

Hawkeye15
11-29-2010, 02:15 PM
This is exactly why he is underrated. He is 2nd in the league in scoring, is averaging 9 assists per game. Has the Bulls over .500 on the circus trip for the first time since MJ. He is also doing this without our second best player. Meanwhile the Heat have a worse record then the Bulls and they have D Wade AND Lebron. The guy is 4th in the league in MVP voting, and just makes people look absolutely silly when he drives to the basket. All he has done since he got to the NBA is get better and better and people still say "ehhhh, I guess he's good but not top 5." It is ignorance like this that has Bulls fans force him down peoples throats, bc they are either not smart enough or don't know enough about basketball to see how much of a talent this kid really is. Not to mention, if the refs start blowing their whistles when he makes people look silly driving to the basket, then his PPG will go up. So you tell me why he is overrated.

I think its safe to say the national media has Rose ranked about right. PSD is more like this- Chicago fans overrate Rose, Boston fans underrate, and most the others have him right where he should be

mikantsass
11-29-2010, 02:18 PM
I dont know about three... but here are some guys I feel are underrated this year:

Scola, Blake Griffin, Ray Felton, Devin Harris, Josh Smith, Jameer Nelson, All Pacers, Carlos Delfino, Paul Milsap, Tony Parker, Jrue Holiday, Sonny Weems

Slimsim
11-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Forgot Wesley Mathews That kid is a stud

Da Knicks
11-29-2010, 02:21 PM
1. Pau Gasol - not his fault he plays with the most overrated player in the league.
2. Carmelo Anthony - some people dont consider him a top 10 player.
3. Ray Felton - brings it everynight and got dogged this summer by the bobcats.

k24springs
11-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Manu Ginobili - I know Duncan is the franchise player but, when this guy is healthy he takes that team to different heights. He is just as good as Kobe, Wade, Roy. Has such passion for the game I love his game. 3 time NBA Champion, won a gold medal for Argentina, and still doesn't get a lot of love. This guy just wins wherever he goes he is really an exciting player to watch.

Gerald Wallace - This guy plays his heart out for the Bobcats he is all of the floor every night for that team. I was real happy when he made the All-Star team last year well deserved. A 6-7 SF averaging over 10rpg and one of the top shot blockers in the league last season now to me that's pretty impressive. Great defender, his outside shot is getting better, he might play a little reckless and might miss some game due to his style of play but, no doubt that he is underrated in my opinion.

Jameer Nelson - Dwight Howard is the franchise player and one of the top 5 players in the league but, if you really watch Orlando play Nelson is the second best player on that team(despite his small stature). When he is healthy and playing aggressively he makes that team go. He's not a traditional PG but, he is the only guy on that team who can penetrate and find the open man. He's become a great shooter, rebounds good despite his height, plays with a chip on his shoulder, just a very good player who is important on that team.

drobe86
11-29-2010, 02:25 PM
I think its safe to say the national media has Rose ranked about right. PSD is more like this- Chicago fans overrate Rose, Boston fans underrate, and most the others have him right where he should be

+1 on that. Finally Hawkeye we can agree on something. Rose is a good player probably somehere in the 15-20 range and Chicago Fans think he's the second coming of Michael....

Da Knicks
11-29-2010, 02:29 PM
my next three would have to be
1. Wilson Chandler dude is a stud and people never give him his due.
2. Scola - this guy is such a good player but gets no hype
3. Manu - Dude plays crazy but puts daggers all the time.

Dyna-sty
11-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Eric Gordon
Granger
Rudy Gay.

Draco
11-29-2010, 02:33 PM

Most others had a problem with Rose having MVP aspirations before the season started. There are still plenty of people who don't consider him in their top 5 list for candidates contrary to what those in the national media think.

Hawkeye15
11-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Most others had a problem with Rose having MVP aspirations before the season started. There are still plenty of people who don't consider them in their top 5 list for candidates contrary to what those in the national media think.

I never got why anyone would have a problem with a player having MVP aspirations.

Draco
11-29-2010, 02:41 PM
I never got why anyone would have a problem with a player having MVP aspirations.

My guess, backlash against all the love that Bulls fans show Rose. When Rose was played poorly early into last season there were a lot of people who thought that was confirmation that he was overrated. He recovered from his ankle injury and went on to have a nice season. Similar story so far this season with Tyreke (or for that matter, Brook Lopez or Marc Gasol) but without as much "see, the guy is overrated" backlash.

Hawkeye15
11-29-2010, 02:45 PM
My guess, backlash against all the love that Bulls fans show Rose. When Rose was played poorly early into last season there were a lot of people who thought that was confirmation that he was overrated. He recovered from his ankle injury and went on to have a nice season. Similar story so far this season with Tyreke (or for that matter, Brook Lopez or Marc Gasol) but without as much "see, the guy is overrated" backlash.

I have to admit, I didn't think the kid could get an MVP soon. I still don't, only because the Bulls just won't win enough games for him to be up there. But stranger things have happened.
And he showed a lot of improvement last season. What was the one thing he couldn't do as a rookie? Shoot. What did he do last year? Become one of the better midrange shooters in basketball.

Its because fans of other large markets with good PG's, or fans of the usual suspects, scoffed at his words. Whatever. I WANT a player who wants to be the best

ManRam
11-29-2010, 02:45 PM
Manu: STUD. Top 5 MVP candidate for me right now
Jameer: The heart and soul of the Magic offense. Before he was injured, he was an all-star, and one of the 2-3 players in the league who was a 50/45/85 shooter. He's healthy again, finally 100%, and he's been tremendous.
Rudy Gay: One of the 10 best pure offensive players in the game IMO. He's so slept on.

D1JM
11-29-2010, 02:46 PM
+1 on that. Finally Hawkeye we can agree on something. Rose is a good player probably somehere in the 15-20 range and Chicago Fans think he's the second coming of Michael....

No we dont think he is the second coming of MJ. You just keep on hearing On PSD that rose is good but since bull fans overrate him, I hate him. How ignorant does that sound?

mikantsass
11-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Most others had a problem with Rose having MVP aspirations before the season started. There are still plenty of people who don't consider him in their top 5 list for candidates contrary to what those in the national media think.

I have a problem with anyone being considered for MVP before the season starts. I also have a problem with someone being considered for MVP when it isnt even December yet.

n83417
11-29-2010, 02:48 PM
I can't help but laugh at the people saying Monta Ellis and Derrick Rose. They are just your generic answer. Any way to make those guys the center of conversation, you will do it.

Both players are very good players, stars. Both on the brink of superstardom. How can that be underrated?

Hawkeye15
11-29-2010, 02:49 PM
I have a problem with anyone being considered for MVP before the season starts. I also have a problem with someone being considered for MVP when it isnt even December yet.

no. Rose SAID he had MVP aspirations. And PSD slammed him

D1JM
11-29-2010, 02:51 PM
I can't help but laugh at the people saying Monta Ellis and Derrick Rose. They are just your generic answer. Any way to make those guys the center of conversation, you will do it.

Both players are very good players, stars. Both on the brink of superstardom. How can that be underrated?

Same reason everyone seems to say Westbrook is underrated. He is the one leading OKC and he has been getting praised since the FIBA tournament non-stop.

Hawkeye15
11-29-2010, 02:52 PM
Manu: STUD. Top 5 MVP candidate for me right now
Jameer: The heart and soul of the Magic offense. Before he was injured, he was an all-star, and one of the 2-3 players in the league who was a 50/45/85 shooter. He's healthy again, finally 100%, and he's been tremendous.
Rudy Gay: One of the 10 best pure offensive players in the game IMO. He's so slept on.

cause there are two sides of the floor, and he is at best a top 20 rebounder at his position. His offensive rating is around 110 career wise, which is fine, but nothing special. And he just got a monster deal that will force Memphis to make a decision on Mayo and Gasol.
I love ya manram, but Gay is what he is. A potential filled player who can score, but zones out for periods of times, and will be that player listed in the "WHO BREAKS OUT THIS SEASON" forever

n83417
11-29-2010, 03:00 PM
I would have to say.

JaVale McGee
Luis Scola- I always thought that Scola was underrated, not just this year
Manu Ginobili

Big420Bob
11-29-2010, 03:01 PM
1. Roy Hibbert
2. Kris Humphries
3. Darko Milicic

n83417
11-29-2010, 03:02 PM
1. Roy Hibbert
2. Kris Humphries
3. Darko Milicic

I agree with Humphries especially, I just picked him up on my fantasy team. I like him a lot.

lvlheaded
11-29-2010, 03:38 PM
Derek Fisher-Dudes been doing it for years
Wilson Chandler-Even Knicks fans under value this kid, myself included
Jameer Nelson-Always loved this kid, I think he is a lot better than he is given credit for

bulldog312
11-29-2010, 03:49 PM

With Rose, its because everyone here seems to bash him any chance they get. And I think the reason is because last year he was ridiculously talked up in here and overrated by Bulls fan to the point that it became extremely annoying and every non Bulls fan started to hate him (which is really unfortunate, because he is a very likeable player).

j/m_ets
11-29-2010, 03:51 PM
Beasley
kevin martin
ron artest (he is nasty and his mishaps over shadow it)

RIPSweetness34
11-29-2010, 04:07 PM

So he is in the 15-20 range but #4 in MVP voting, #2 in scoring, #8 in assists. Tell me how that makes sense, and how you still didn't explain why he is overrated. That's like when you are in an argument with a broad and you ask for her reasoning and she says "because". Because what? Beacause you have no answer and you know you are wrong you just can't admit it. National media has him ranked pretty high, higher then 15-20. And I would like you to name 15 players that are better right now. If you say Rajon Rondo I will slap you considering what he has around him and the fact he was cut from the USA squad.

I stole this from a poster in the Bulls forum, but I think it helps my point...
Ranking among PG's
PPG: 1st-26.6-(2nd in whole NBA)
APG: 8th-8.2
RPG-3rd-4.6
SPG-16th-1.0
BPG-1st-0.6
FG%-8th-46.8
MPG-1st-39.1
FGA-1st-22.0-(1st in whole league in shot attempts)
FGM-1st-10.3-(1st in whole leage in shot makes)

Hes the only guy in the NBa averaging 26ppg and 8+apg. The guy is taking more shots than any other PGs and making more shots than any of the PGs. Hes averaging 10.3 made shots a game that more than, Durant, Wade, Bron, Kobe, he's first in the whole league.

dpospish
11-29-2010, 04:52 PM
So he is in the 15-20 range but #4 in MVP voting, #2 in scoring, #8 in assists. Tell me how that makes sense, and how you still didn't explain why he is overrated. That's like when you are in an argument with a broad and you ask for her reasoning and she says "because". Because what? Beacause you have no answer and you know you are wrong you just can't admit it. National media has him ranked pretty high, higher then 15-20. And I would like you to name 15 players that are better right now. If you say Rajon Rondo I will slap you considering what he has around him and the fact he was cut from the USA squad.

I stole this from a poster in the Bulls forum, but I think it helps my point...
Ranking among PG's
PPG: 1st-26.6-(2nd in whole NBA)
APG: 8th-8.2
RPG-3rd-4.6
SPG-16th-1.0
BPG-1st-0.6
FG%-8th-46.8
MPG-1st-39.1
FGA-1st-22.0-(1st in whole league in shot attempts)
FGM-1st-10.3-(1st in whole leage in shot makes)

Hes the only guy in the NBa averaging 26ppg and 8+apg. The guy is taking more shots than any other PGs and making more shots than any of the PGs. Hes averaging 10.3 made shots a game that more than, Durant, Wade, Bron, Kobe, he's first in the whole league.

Well if he is leading the league FGA he should be leading the league in scoring.

ChiSox219
11-29-2010, 06:09 PM
Underrated by PSDers:

Lamar Odom
Al Horford
Darko Milicic

Hawkeye15
11-29-2010, 06:11 PM
Underrated by PSDers:

Lamar Odom
Al Horford
Darko Milicic

haha, I thought it said:

Underrated PSDers

ChiSox219
11-29-2010, 06:14 PM
haha, I thought it said:

Underrated PSDers

Ovratd1up
Tredigs
abe_froman

Hawkeye15
11-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Ovratd1up
Tredigs
abe_froman

haha. I lead the overrated list, and I am proud of it!

ManRam
11-29-2010, 06:22 PM
cause there are two sides of the floor, and he is at best a top 20 rebounder at his position. His offensive rating is around 110 career wise, which is fine, but nothing special. And he just got a monster deal that will force Memphis to make a decision on Mayo and Gasol.
I love ya manram, but Gay is what he is. A potential filled player who can score, but zones out for periods of times, and will be that player listed in the "WHO BREAKS OUT THIS SEASON" forever

I figured someone would call me out. deservingly so. little known secret...I have an opinion clouding man crush on rudy. I try to hide it...and hardly ever mention it. But I cracked.

Hawkeye15
11-29-2010, 06:24 PM
I figured someone would call me out. deservingly so. little known secret...I have an opinion clouding man crush on rudy. I try to hide it...and hardly ever mention it. But I cracked.

:guns: gotcha

JordansBulls
11-29-2010, 06:27 PM

I put him underrated because he has led his team in overall production the last few years and yet doesn't get the recognition. Despite his production still doesn't get in the top 5 in MVP voting or make 1st or 2nd team all nba. to me that is seriously underrated.

ManRam
11-29-2010, 06:27 PM
:guns: gotcha

There are only a hangul of players I enjoy watching more than him. I don't know what it is...but I think he's got Melo in him :hide:

[/end my nonsense talk of the day]

Cunanan
11-29-2010, 06:40 PM
1. Manu

2. Noah

3. Bogut

Joshtd1
11-30-2010, 01:06 AM
I put him underrated because he has led his team in overall production the last few years and yet doesn't get the recognition. Despite his production still doesn't get in the top 5 in MVP voting or make 1st or 2nd team all nba. to me that is seriously underrated.

Well if you are considered the best player at your position, there is no way a player should be considered underrated. Guys like CP3/Dwill, Kobe/Wade, LBJ, Howard..those guys are considered the best guys at their positions, but no way would they even be considered underrated.

We know LA would not have won these back to back rings if it wasnt for the Gasol trade, most knowledgeable that as good as Kobe is, and yes he is their guy, that LA won the ring because of Gasol.

Again when he was in Memphis, I would agree he was underrated..but not even close now.

bovice163
11-30-2010, 01:20 AM
1. Manu - The guy has finally gotten a starting spot this year, and he is showing exactly why he belongs there. He was awesome as the sixth man and would always come out with energy off the bench, but now that he's starting it has directly affected the Spurs success hence why they are currently #1 in the league record wise.

2. Noah - He's averaging 15/13/3/1.5/1.5 and people still continue to look past him. His intensity and hustle is unmatched in the league. He has continued to improve every single season in every category, and plays very good post defense. Joakim brings to the defensive end what Rose brings to the offensive end for the Bulls. What ticks me off more is when people say Varejao is a poor mans Joakim. He's more like a starving Ethiopians version of Noah.

3. Odom - One of the best rebounders in the league, very versatile player, very good 3rd option. If it weren't for Bynum, Odom could play to his full potential each season and be an absolute monster for the Lakers. He can shoot from practically anywhere on the floor, hustles for loose balls and has very good footwork, even his defense is solid. He always plays within himself and is very efficient. He is just so overshadowed by Pau that people forget what he does for LA.

NYKNYGNYY
11-30-2010, 01:25 AM
russell westbrook hes pretty dam good
landry fields is my homer pick steal in the draft and has been playing pretty dam goood
kevin love is just a beast

NYKNYGNYY
11-30-2010, 01:26 AM
lebron wade bosh....oh you meant underrated :p

FeartheMachine2
11-30-2010, 01:45 AM
Ive got to say Javale McGee, Kevin Love, and no one has said Stephen Curry

central2003
11-30-2010, 04:02 AM
Manu

Deron Williams

Kevin Love

I would say Ty Evans but I feel like he will get enough attention in the coming years.

DoJoTheSlasher
11-30-2010, 04:06 AM
Carl Landry
Dirk Nowitzki
Gerald Wallace

GoatMilk
11-30-2010, 04:42 AM
Eric. Gordon.

SanAntonioSpurs23
11-30-2010, 05:31 AM
Awesome to see Manu Ginobili getting some love. He has been the Spurs motor for so long now. Duncan is obviously the anchor and Parker is a top 10 PG, but a healthy Manu
Is what makes this team Great. The man can do it all, crafty scorer, excellent passer and playmaker, solid defender (even if he does flop). Aside from Kobe or Wade I would not take any other SG on this Spurs team.

Anyway my 3

Noah
Luis Scola
Monta Ellis

JayW_1023
11-30-2010, 05:38 AM
Awesome to see Manu Ginobili getting some love. He has been the Spurs motor for so long now. Duncan is obviously the anchor and Parker is a top 10 PG, but a healthy Manu
Is what makes this team Great. The man can do it all, crafty scorer, excellent passer and playmaker, solid defender (even if he does flop). Aside from Kobe or Wade I would not take any other SG on this Spurs team.

Anyway my 3

Noah
Luis Scola
Monta Ellis

Manu's numbers:

21.6 pts, 3.6 boards, 5.1 assists nearly 48% FG and 40% from deep. In just 33 minutes.

And at 33, still good for at leasty one highlight reel a game. Such a travesty he isn't even on the all-star ballot.

Ticket Guy
11-30-2010, 06:20 AM
#1 Joakim Noah
#2 The San Antonio Spurs
#3 Paul Milsap
#4 Derrek Rose
#5 Rajon Rondo

( Paul, Williams, Parker & Nash get all the credit PG wise at least in recent years)