PDA

View Full Version : Can We Give the Cavs a Little Props?

Tony_Starks
11-28-2010, 06:59 PM
Almost 20 games into the season and they're playing very respectable ball. Almost at .500, competing in every game, and they've been dealing with injuries. Is it time to give B Scott some props? A lot of you guys were predicting them to have the worst record in the league lets keep it real. In a watered down east coast they may very well sneak into the playoffs......

iggypop123
11-28-2010, 07:14 PM
all they have to do is beat the heat so that riley takes over

bal_ravens
11-28-2010, 07:15 PM
I'm not normally one to brag, but this I will about....

I said the Cavs would surprise people and possibly have a 6,7 or 8th seed this year as long as they stay healthy.

They have some solid pieces, even if they dont have a superstar on that team.

VRP723
11-28-2010, 07:16 PM
I haven't been excited about an NBA game in years, but I'm excited for Thursday.

homestarunner93
11-28-2010, 07:29 PM
I never thought that the Cavs would be as bad as people were saying. Mo Williams and Antawn Jamison have played at high levels before either teamed with LeBron, and Hickson was just waiting to break out. It isn't a good team, but not abysmal either.

ElMarroAfamado
11-28-2010, 07:29 PM
ill give them props...they have just as many wins as the Heat
with 1 more loss...who woulda thought (besides me)

adidas2307
11-28-2010, 07:30 PM
I always thought they would hover around .500 for the season. I never believed everyone saying that they are complete trash without Bron. :shrug:

Chisweetness34
11-28-2010, 07:31 PM
I haven't been excited about an NBA game in years, but I'm excited for Thursday.

The NBA is meh to me, but I couldn't agree more.

Chisweetness34
11-28-2010, 07:32 PM
And yes they do deserve a little bit of respect, it's early however but it's good to see them playing well and hard.

drobe86
11-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Props for what? They are under .500 and would clearly have the best record in the nba if they had a certain player that took his talents to south beach.....

Rafer17
11-28-2010, 07:46 PM
They won't make the playoffs.

Hawkeye15
11-28-2010, 07:57 PM
playing a little better than I thought they would, but its the east. When you get to play east heavy schedules, having a really good defense alone will give you 20 wins even if you shoot 41% that game.
The term "worst team" can't be measured only in record btw. The Cavs will be competing for the 8th spot with 5 other teams most likely since I think it will only take 38 wins to get in out east.
Byron Scott is awesome though.

justinnum1
11-28-2010, 08:00 PM
They have a great coach that is getting the most out of his players.

Byronicle
11-28-2010, 08:10 PM
playing a little better than I thought they would, but its the east. When you get to play east heavy schedules, having a really good defense alone will give you 20 wins even if you shoot 41% that game.
The term "worst team" can't be measured only in record btw. The Cavs will be competing for the 8th spot with 5 other teams most likely since I think it will only take 38 wins to get in out east.
Byron Scott is awesome though.

their coach has an awesome name too ;)

Boom.Boom
11-28-2010, 08:10 PM

the game will be ovver 6 minutes in.

smith&wesson
11-28-2010, 08:19 PM
I love hickson

i like gibson
and
i like AV as well.

i think iggy would be a good fit in clevland.

tredigs
11-28-2010, 08:20 PM
Only team they've beat with a winning record was the Celtics (1st game of the season, when Boston was on the road the day after their game against Miami) and have losses against Toronto, New Jersey, and Sacramento. Their win differential is -4.5, which is the 2nd worst in the east.

I am actually impressed that they've managed to hover this close to .500, but given their relatively weak strength of schedule to this point, I guess it is about right. But this is a very weak team, there's no doubt about that.

If they end up with ~35 wins, I would be very surprised/impressed.

Mplsman
11-28-2010, 08:29 PM
There doing better than I thought they would.

Team*Chicago
11-28-2010, 10:15 PM
I can't believe they are able to win a few games without Le-itch, things are probaly looking good in Cleveland while things are looking bad in Miami.

_KB24_
11-28-2010, 10:17 PM
I knew they would be competitive with Byron Scott at the helm. They have some respectable players in Williams, Jamison, Hickson, and Sessions. They can finish anywhere from 8th--last place in the East. They're an emotional team and the momentum can certainly win you games against tougher competitors.

Bruno
11-28-2010, 10:23 PM
We're almost 20 games into the season and they're only 1.5 games behind Miami! They deserve tons of credit. They have a better road record than Miami.

Most posters were saying they were going to be bottom dwellers of the east with out LeBron. As it turns out, they're really more middle of the pack, they'll be fighting for a playoff spot. Keep in mind, not only did they lose LeBron but they lost Shaq and Z, a big portion of their front court. Managment, players coaches and fans in Cleveland should be proud.

Hawkeye15
11-28-2010, 10:43 PM
We're almost 20 games into the season and they're only 1.5 games behind Miami! They deserve tons of credit. They have a better road record than Miami.

Most posters were saying they were going to be bottom dwellers of the east with out LeBron. As it turns out, they're really more middle of the pack, they'll be fighting for a playoff spot. Keep in mind, not only did they lose LeBron but they lost Shaq and Z, a big portion of their front court. Managment, players coaches and fans in Cleveland should be proud.

we are 1/4 the way in, and its the east, which has become historically bad if you take away the top heavy part of it.

asandhu23
11-28-2010, 10:47 PM
the game will be ovver 6 minutes in.

gotta love riots

JasonJohnHorn
11-28-2010, 11:09 PM
I agree. Hickson, Varajao and Jamison do make a solid front court, Mo Williams is playing with a lot of heart, and Scott is handling the X's and O's very well. The team has some glaring deficencies, but that said, they are playing very well considering what they lost in the offseason, and what they have to put on the court right now. I'm not a Cavs fan or a Bron hater, but I think Cavs fans deserve to have good year considering all the disapointment they've had. I hope this Cavs team does well.

Bruno
11-28-2010, 11:19 PM
we are 1/4 the way in, and its the east, which has become historically bad if you take away the top heavy part of it.

Oh totally, still a lot of time left. They're middle of the pack; they should be proud of what they've done so far. I acknowledge the lower half of the east isn't great, but they were predicted to be bad, even by the EC standards.

blahblahyoutoo
11-28-2010, 11:30 PM
props given.
i thought they would be around a 30-35 win team.

drobe86
11-29-2010, 12:00 AM

+1.. The east is garbage and they haven't done anything but 36 wins could get them in the playoffs. Judging by how bad the Heat have been I'm starting to see them as a 38-44 win team....

stawka
11-29-2010, 12:07 AM
The Cavs aren't playing with talent (Hickson aside) they're playing with heart. If Miami did the same, they'd be a #1 seed right now and wouldn't be dealing with as much hate.

(This is coming from someone who wants Miami to win almost as much as I want Boston to win so don't start with the "UMAD" crap!)

Tony_Starks
11-29-2010, 03:15 AM
Yeah I'm like this even though the east is watered down what they've done so far is pretty impressive, given the expectations. Washington is playing in the same weak east coast with a number 1 draft pick and look at them. Most people predicted them to not only have the worst record in the conference but in the whole league.

If they can play .500 ball and make the playoffs I'd really like to hear all the "Cleveland would be a lottery team w/o Lebron" people then.....

Lest we forget their two best players have missed a good portion of those games as well!

xxcubs22xx
11-29-2010, 03:26 AM
Cleveland is 0-6 when the margin is 10 points or more. That being said, they have played very well to overcome that. But they are probably reaching the ceiling right now as far as this season is concerned.

Plus, 7th seed on down to the dumps is pretty much ALL up in the air in the Eastern Conference.

D1JM
11-29-2010, 03:57 AM
What sucks is that the cavs were built around lebron.

Chronz
11-29-2010, 02:25 PM
props given.
i thought they would be around a 30-35 win team.
Me too, and it looks like they might prove us right. So take your props back

Dig deeper, they havent impressed by any stretch. Sure its a close margin based on W/L%, but look at their SOS/SRS. There is NOTHING to be proud of.

I'm not normally one to brag, but this I will about....

I said the Cavs would surprise people and possibly have a 6,7 or 8th seed this year as long as they stay healthy.

They have some solid pieces, even if they dont have a superstar on that team.
HUH?

Tony_Starks
11-29-2010, 03:08 PM
^ Just out of curiosity what exactly do they have to do to impress you? Make the playoffs? Win a championship?

Chronz
11-29-2010, 05:10 PM
^ Just out of curiosity what exactly do they have to do to impress you? Make the playoffs? Win a championship?
Seriously? Im not asking for much, only that they finish the year with an expected winning% around .500. Its what you would expect from a team that has won as many games as they have and lost their best player. Then again maybe Bron was more valuable than I ever imagined

PS I love how people come out and say I knew they would be better than expected, how many of you actually posted that? Im going to bump this at the end of the year and see if you guys still stand by your statement cuz the way it looks right now Cleveland aint makin the playoffs

Hawkeye15
11-29-2010, 05:12 PM
I gave them 25 wins to begin the season. I feel comfortable with that at the moment. But I also didn't realize how pathetic the east was going to be outside the few top heavy teams. 32-35 wins is not out of the question

RenegadeRiot36
11-29-2010, 05:26 PM
Ive been saying they could compete for a playoff spot all offseason. I know they wont do anything with it, but they are proving a lot of people wrong. They are streaky tho. They might be the only team ever to beat Boston by 9, then lose to Toronto by 23 the very next day lol.

Hawkeye15
11-29-2010, 05:29 PM
Ive been saying they could compete for a playoff spot all offseason. I know they wont do anything with it, but they are proving a lot of people wrong. They are streaky tho. They might be the only team ever to beat Boston by 9, then lose to Toronto by 23 the very next day lol.

well, seeing as it may require only 36 wins to make the playoffs in the east, they could still be a pretty bad team, and make it anyways.
Its always funny watching the east playoff "race". Its almost as if 4-5 teams basically play out their last few games, and the least sucky teams gets in.

valade16
12-12-2010, 03:39 AM

How about not be 7-16...

They did do something worthwhile though, they made you put your foot in your mouth. Still stand by your cavs aren't atrocious mentality?

RulerSlick
12-12-2010, 03:42 AM
LMFAO @ this thread

RulerSlick
12-12-2010, 03:43 AM

:facepalm:

What?
12-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Just shows how much can change in a few weeks though can't blame the op I remember thinking the same thing 2 weeks ago

Chronz
12-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Just shows how much can change in a few weeks though can't blame the op I remember thinking the same thing 2 weeks ago

Literally nothing changed, you guys just weren't paying close attention to their true level of play

dnewguy
12-12-2010, 03:35 PM
What a horrible tread. Absolutely terrific thought process, it seem like most people jumped on the Cavs bandwagon just to diss the Heat...2 weeks later they're hiding under a hut.

Hawkeye15
12-12-2010, 03:40 PM
What a horrible tread. Absolutely terrific thought process, it seem like most people jumped on the Cavs bandwagon just to diss the Heat...2 weeks later they're hiding under a hut.

there is no denying that any and all LeBron haters were hoping the Cavs would win as many games as possible this year. Unfortunately, the reality is that without LeBron, that team is far from a playoff team. Can't say the same of the other contenders.

NYtilIdie
12-12-2010, 03:48 PM
:laugh2: What props? They just lost their 7th straight game last night

LavelC
12-12-2010, 04:08 PM
I preDict3d 13-18 wins 4 the cavs. Now I say maybe 22-24

dpospish
01-12-2011, 04:02 PM
8-30

RocketPower2010
01-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Nice job digging this thread up...I read the title and had a good laugh. Amazing how stupidly hopeful some people can be.

thekmp211
01-12-2011, 04:08 PM
oh man..

Evolution23
01-12-2011, 04:22 PM
LOL @ Tony Starks. FAIL

John Walls Era
01-12-2011, 04:22 PM
I remember I laughed at people who thought the Cavs would get the 8th seed.

beasted86
01-12-2011, 04:25 PM
bwahahaha

NYtilIdie
01-12-2011, 04:30 PM
They have won 1 game outta the last 26 :laugh:

redsox0717
01-12-2011, 04:35 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how the Celtics lost to the Cavs when Rondo and KG both played

Hoopsadvocate
01-12-2011, 05:18 PM
HAHHA this is what people get for making threads when not even a quarter of the season has been played. Goes to show how stupid some people are. I wish someone would dig up the old HEAT are struggling threads when we were barely over 500 saying the stupid things they said. It feels GREAT proving u all wrong.

NYMetros
01-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Did anyone really expect them to keep it up? Apparently so. LeBron was the sole reason they made the playoffs year after year. There is no other talent on that team at all.

Sixerlover
01-12-2011, 05:20 PM
FAIL THREAD OF THE SEASON GOES TO.... *Drumroll please*

Sixerlover
01-12-2011, 05:22 PM

You sure know your basketball

Hoopsadvocate
01-12-2011, 05:25 PM
You sure know your basketball

everyone knows that guys just a hater he just saids anything negative about the heat not even worth paying any attention to because u know hes just gonna say something stupid and absolutley wrong.

nickdymez
01-12-2011, 05:27 PM
HAHHA this is what people get for making threads when not even a quarter of the season has been played. Goes to show how stupid some people are. I wish someone would dig up the old HEAT are struggling threads when we were barely over 500 saying the stupid things they said. It feels GREAT proving u all wrong.

:facepalm: Heat fans are making threads left and right about how they are gonna win the tittle.. So its gonna "feel great proving you wrong".

John Walls Era
01-12-2011, 05:34 PM
:facepalm: Heat fans are making threads left and right about how they are gonna win the tittle.. So its gonna "feel great proving you wrong".

No they don't. I don't see any.

Besides they do have a great chance.

Minimal
01-12-2011, 05:37 PM
Show me any thread about how Miami gonna win the title.

Pwned hard?

Hoopsadvocate
01-12-2011, 05:39 PM

:facepalm:FInd me one from a HEAT fan in which he/she states they are gonna win a title. Please!!!

NBAfan4life
01-12-2011, 05:49 PM
I love all of you hindsight posters. The Cavs were playing decent until Lebron embarrassed them on their home court. Basically took the life completely out of this team. They have simply gave up.

BTW I'm not a Cav fan by any stretch of the imagination.

Tony_Starks
01-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Its not like they started off playing good ball a quarter way through the season or anything. Its not like they beat the Celtics or anything. Its not like the majority of their starting lineup has been hurt at one point or another all season.

You guys are right, they deserved no props whatsoever for starting off the way they did. They were destined to fail.

Tony_Starks
01-12-2011, 05:57 PM
I love all of you hindsight posters. The Cavs were playing decent until Lebron embarrassed them on their home court. Basically took the life completely out of this team. They have simply gave up.

BTW I'm not a Cav fan by any stretch of the imagination.

Pretty much. Im no Cav fan either but true indeed Lebron took their heart and since then its been a wrap!

kjoke
01-12-2011, 05:57 PM
many of these are sig worthy

Hoopsadvocate
01-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Lebron and the heat beat plenty of teams as bad or worse than we beat the cavs and guess what there not at the very end of the standings. Its not an excuse since when is it valid to say a former player beat his former team so hard its okay for them to suck now??

nickdymez
01-12-2011, 06:06 PM
:facepalm:FInd me one from a HEAT fan in which he/she states they are gonna win a title. Please!!!

I have to sig this....

Hoopsadvocate
01-12-2011, 06:11 PM
These are some of my favs :D

I can't believe they are able to win a few games without Le-itch, things are probaly looking good in Cleveland while things are looking bad in Miami.

Yep things turned out really well in cleveland and bad in miami.

Turns out the people who thought they were bottom dwellers were right.

Yeah I'm like this even though the east is watered down what they've done so far is pretty impressive, given the expectations. Washington is playing in the same weak east coast with a number 1 draft pick and look at them. Most people predicted them to not only have the worst record in the conference but in the whole league.

If they can play .500 ball and make the playoffs I'd really like to hear all the "Cleveland would be a lottery team w/o Lebron" people then.....

Lest we forget their two best players have missed a good portion of those games as well!

Cleveland would be a lotter team w/o lebron. still.

Hoopsadvocate
01-12-2011, 06:12 PM
I have to sig this....

still waiting where is it? if there are as many as u say it should be easy to link one.

CHANGO
01-12-2011, 06:21 PM
I want to see the post...

Flash3
01-12-2011, 06:27 PM
They have won 1 game outta the last 26 :laugh:

ouch

Chronz
01-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Its not like they started off playing good ball a quarter way through the season or anything.
They werent, you just didnt pay attention to the clues. Heres a hint, dont judge a team by W/L record but by their margin of victory and their SOS.

Its not like they beat the Celtics or anything. Its not like the majority of their starting lineup has been hurt at one point or another all season.

They had the depth to compensate with Booby and Sessions stepping up in Mos absence. And if you think those injuries were enough to offset the glaring holes then you cant be helped.

You guys are right, they deserved no props whatsoever for starting off the way they did. They were destined to fail.

Now your starting to get it.

Chronz
01-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Dig deeper, they havent impressed by any stretch. Sure its a close margin based on W/L%, but look at their SOS/SRS. There is NOTHING to be proud of.

Hmm it seems I already warned you about this a LONG time ago

Avenged
01-12-2011, 08:31 PM
You don't give props to a team with that record this deep in the season, especially when they just got embarrassed..

Sorry but I just can't do it. I do feel a bad bad for the city though, they need to completely blow the "team" they have right now and push in some cash.

Lim
01-12-2011, 08:55 PM
lol this is proof that threads like this so early into the season are pointless.. :/

Tony_Starks
01-12-2011, 08:56 PM
You don't give props to a team with that record this deep in the season, especially when they just got embarrassed..

Sorry but I just can't do it. I do feel a bad bad for the city though, they need to completely blow the "team" they have right now and push in some cash.

Nah its a old thread man. They're giving me a hard time because about 20 games in they were looking decent and everyone had said they would be horrible out the gate.

Its all good though, not the first or last time I'll be wrong. I still stand by that they did have a nice lil start though. Now it appears its tank for lottery time........

Big Quett
01-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Nah its a old thread man. They're giving me a hard time because about 20 games in they were looking decent and everyone had said they would be horrible out the gate.

Its all good though, not the first or last time I'll be wrong. I still stand by that they did have a nice lil start though. Now it appears its tank for lottery time........

You dont tank in January. You ever think they just not be very good?

Chronz
01-12-2011, 09:15 PM

LOL no matter how many times you say this it wont be true, the writing was on the wall. You just refused to acknowledge it. I was giving you a hard time the minute I saw this thread

jasonbird
01-12-2011, 09:29 PM

You are a bad guy!!