PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Magic Open To Trades

JordansBulls
11-28-2010, 06:58 PM
Link (http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2010/11/magics-ears-perked-to-make-trades.html?%20utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+sports/magic/basketblog+(Magic+BasketBlog))

The Magic still are open to making a deal for either Carmelo Anthony or Chris Paul — they’re partial to Paul — and would part with pieces not named Dwight Howard.
Even Gilbert Arenas would be in the discussion if he wasn’t owed gadzillions. Maybe Monta Ellis.

The Magic are no fools: They want to win a title and they know they need either a big-time scorer or playmaker to get past the Celtics or Heat, and then the Lakers.

They would even be willing to take a step back this season to restock if it meant they could land either Anthony or Paul.

Vince Carter and all their youngish, proven pieces are available in some sort of blockbuster package: Jameer Nelson, Mickael Pietrus, Marcin Gortat, Brandon Bass, J.J. Redick and Ryan Anderson.

Crackadalic
11-28-2010, 07:00 PM
if they ever get chris paul its over best team in the nba

John Walls Era
11-28-2010, 07:01 PM
Any team would be open to getting CP and Melo as long as they keep their main guy...

D Roses Bulls
11-28-2010, 07:06 PM
magic have the pieces in my opinion. a lot more pieces then most teams have to offer. young guys and also a guy in VC who still can put up 18-20 a game and who's contract expires after this year. watch out for the magic guys.

FlakeyFool
11-28-2010, 07:07 PM
im watching out

D Roses Bulls
11-28-2010, 07:08 PM
if they ever get chris paul its over best team in the nba

THIS I'd even say if they get carmelo without giving up a whole lot and can keep a core of nelson,howard, and melo

abe_froman
11-28-2010, 07:09 PM
no way can they get paul,melo on the other hand i can see...

D Roses Bulls
11-28-2010, 07:11 PM
no way can they get paul,melo on the other hand i can see...

I wouldnt say that. I think they have a lot of talent they could offer.

iggypop123
11-28-2010, 07:13 PM
woudlnt every team in the nba be open to getting paul or melo?

abe_froman
11-28-2010, 07:15 PM
I wouldnt say that. I think they have a lot of talent they could offer.

noh is beasting,why the hell would they want to end it

D Roses Bulls
11-28-2010, 07:21 PM
noh is beasting,why the hell would they want to end it
it doesnt have to be just about paul, it could be about melo too and NOH could start of hot and cool down later. you never know.

Hustlenomics
11-28-2010, 07:23 PM
inb4 sasha and shannon brown become magics

MagicBucsSox
11-28-2010, 07:24 PM
im open to Kev Mart,Iggy,Granger,dev Harris,Roy,Love,Eric Gordon.

my thing is if you have the balls to go after Paul, why not Steph Curry?

Ty Fast
11-28-2010, 07:37 PM
they also have a trade exception they got for Hedo

MagicBucsSox
11-28-2010, 07:40 PM
they also have a trade exception they got for Hedo

naw,the gm let that expire in july

Rafer17
11-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Iggy to Magic?

abe_froman
11-28-2010, 07:47 PM
it doesnt have to be just about paul, it could be about melo too and NOH could start of hot and cool down later. you never know.

true,but they could build around paul make as run next year,or wait till next year to trade him.see thats the difference between the two.melo is an expiring,threatening to walk at the end of the year.paul is under contract for a few more years so they can just wait,they dont have to do anything

hugepatsfan
11-28-2010, 07:56 PM
I don't see CP3 getting dealt right now. I think Melo to ORL is a real possibility though.

MagicBucsSox
11-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Iggy to Magic?

Iggy isnt a reason to set your franchise back

Byronicle
11-28-2010, 08:11 PM
this is probably a strategy to try and convince Howard to stay since Dwight is planning to test free agency

DenButsu
11-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Iggy isnt a reason to set your franchise back

Maybe not if you're looking more at the long term than the immediate present. But Orlando has a great window right now. Boston looks great so far, but those guys ain't getting any younger, and who knows what kind of fatigue/injury they might be taking into the postseason? The Heat, so far, don't look like they have their program together well enough to beat top competition in the playoffs (although that could change by the end of the season, admittedly).

If the Magic make any moves by the deadline that immediately improve on the team they have now (even if it might have negative implications on their salary structure moving forward), it could very well be that the only team standing between them and a title is the Lakers. So if I'm their GM, and that opportunity presents itself, I think I have to take it.

iFYouSeekAmy
11-28-2010, 09:41 PM
Who would they give up for Ellis?

Raph12
11-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Not a big deal, we always knew that the Magic are open to trading anything besides Dwight for CP3 or Melo.

Supreme LA
11-28-2010, 11:48 PM
While Melo and Dwight would be a very strong combo, I still believe that team would be missing something to get past the C's or the Lakers. Picking up CP3 however, would put the Magic over the top IMO. It just doesn't get any better than that. Talk about the perfect playmaker and compliment for Dwight and that system.

Orlando basically has Howard in the middle and 4 guys on the floor that can all spot up and shoot. Imagining CP3 at the top of the key with his man on an island, D12 in the middle, and 3 really good shooters is almost unfair. Would love to see it though.

LTBaByyy
11-28-2010, 11:58 PM
I think they should try to get Monta Ellis

He would def be a superstar if he played the same way he is now but in Orlando next to Dwight

Then there will be no excuses that he has playing in GSW

John Walls Era
11-29-2010, 01:43 AM

Because Curry is not for sale...

mgeise
11-29-2010, 01:48 AM
I know this is off topic, but I would love to see Nash and Howard play together. If Phoenix ever listens to offers for Nash, I hope Orlando makes a huge play for him. CP3 would look great next to Dwight, too, but he will be very expensive to get and may never come available as long as the Hornets keep winning.

Yunqn
11-29-2010, 03:43 AM
i can see why the bulls wanted reddick now from playing off ball and coming off screens and being a vet already and having that duke connection and so many other reasons..but if the magic do trade.. can they swing reddick over here.. we could def use reddick and brewer as a combo 2..which suits both players because they arent big time starters but perfect fits for needed roles

Raph12
11-29-2010, 03:48 AM
i can see why the bulls wanted reddick now from playing off ball and coming off screens and being a vet already and having that duke connection and so many other reasons..but if the magic do trade.. can they swing reddick over here.. we could def use reddick and brewer as a combo 2..which suits both players because they arent big time starters but perfect fits for needed roles

Unless you want Jameer-Redick for Rose or Bass-Redick for Boozer (which I'm sure you don't), I don't think you guys have anything we want.

D1JM
11-29-2010, 04:04 AM
Unless you want Jameer-Redick for Rose or Bass-Redick for Boozer (which I'm sure you don't), I don't think you guys have anything we want.

Why not scal for Howard instead

Sadds The Gr8
11-29-2010, 04:05 AM
Bargnani and Derozan for Howard

Storch
11-29-2010, 04:35 AM
I don't see any possible pieces (except Lewis) that ORL can package together to attain CP3 or MELO without losing Howard. When is Lewis' contract ending? That maybe the only one if it expires this year.

JAHRONMON
11-29-2010, 05:00 AM
well igoudala is on the block soo, you never know, and apprently o.j. mayo is not on the block but memphis did try to get ellis for mayo.

kArSoN RyDaH
11-29-2010, 05:24 AM
adding cp3 would not make them the favorites over LA that's for sure. sounds nice though but 2 players just dont cut it. ask lebron, wade and bosh. orlando can't score and when they do the only time they seem good is when dwight is doing it. melo and dwight seems more appealing to the magic then cp3.

DenButsu
11-29-2010, 05:47 AM
adding cp3 would not make them the favorites over LA that's for sure. sounds nice though but 2 players just dont cut it. ask lebron, wade and bosh. orlando can't score and when they do the only time they seem good is when dwight is doing it. melo and dwight seems more appealing to the magic then cp3.

Now that's a surprising statement coming from a Lakers fan. 2002 wasn't that long ago, was it?

mlozio
11-29-2010, 06:28 AM
Sorry guys, but not this year. Hornets won't trade CP3. Magic may try when CP3's will expire.

Hornets won't cut Chris Paul - he's a leader in NO. He have nice team this year. They have potential to make a play-off and I hope they get it.

mlozio
11-29-2010, 06:28 AM
Sorry guys, but not this year. Hornets won't trade CP3. Magic may try when CP3's will expire.

Hornets won't cut Chris Paul - he's a leader in NO. He have nice team this year. They have potential to make a play-off and I hope they get it.

Blazers#1Fan
11-29-2010, 06:31 AM
melo & Howard

ORL
C - D.Howard
PF - B.Bass
SF - C.Anthony
SG - JR.Smith
PG - C.Billups

DEN
C - NENE.H,C.Anderson
PF - A.Harrington,K.Martin
SF - R.Lewis/Pietrus
SG - V.Carter
PG - J.Nelson

TO ORL: JR SMITH,MELO,Billups
TO DEN: Carter,LEWIS,Nelson,Pietrus 2 1st round pick(11' 13')

Blazers#1Fan
11-29-2010, 06:35 AM
Now that's a surprising statement coming from a Lakers fan. 2002 wasn't that long ago, was it?

they had a good cast in 2002 Rick Fox,Derek Fisher,Robert Horry,Devean George

ragee
11-29-2010, 06:41 AM
I don't see any possible pieces (except Lewis) that ORL can package together to attain CP3 or MELO without losing Howard. When is Lewis' contract ending? That maybe the only one if it expires this year.

Vince Carter has a huge expiring contract... throw in some young talents and some picks then it is a good offer for a team who wants to save money and rebuild... However, NO is really playing well right now so I don't see a reason why they would want to trade CP3...

Niro
11-29-2010, 06:48 AM

warriors wouldnt trade him unless they get howard which is totaly unrealistic

KnicksorBust
11-29-2010, 07:45 AM
Am I the only one who looks at Orlando's young talent and yawns from boredom?

Nelson is the only solid player in the bunch. Guys like Bass-Reddick-Pietrus-Anderson are role players at best. Dwight makes that team go not those guys. I understand that when you offer 4-5 guys for 1 it starts to seem balanced but no one in that group has even the potential to replace Paul or Melo. At least in the KG deal the T-Wolves snagged back an already legit big in Al Jefferson + pu pu platter.

ImThatDude
11-29-2010, 09:30 AM
I'm still trying to figure out what exactly the Magic have to offer.

JordansBulls
11-29-2010, 09:30 AM
I know this is off topic, but I would love to see Nash and Howard play together. If Phoenix ever listens to offers for Nash, I hope Orlando makes a huge play for him. CP3 would look great next to Dwight, too, but he will be very expensive to get and may never come available as long as the Hornets keep winning.

Nash is too old to really help the Magic.

Niro
11-29-2010, 09:33 AM
i think steph curry would be a perfect fit for the magic.

but like i said not gonna happen

Kleonidas
11-29-2010, 10:16 AM
Am I the only one who looks at Orlando's young talent and yawns from boredom?

Nelson is the only solid player in the bunch. Guys like Bass-Reddick-Pietrus-Anderson are role players at best. Dwight makes that team go not those guys. I understand that when you offer 4-5 guys for 1 it starts to seem balanced but no one in that group has even the potential to replace Paul or Melo. At least in the KG deal the T-Wolves snagged back an already legit big in Al Jefferson + pu pu platter.

QUOTE=ImThatDude;15726281]I'm still trying to figure out what exactly the Magic have to offer.[/QUOTE]

Says the two Knicks fans...I'm sure the Nuggets are drooling over Randolph and Azubuike.

The Knicks should do the T-Will move and send Randolph down to the DL league. Maybe he could get five minutes a game there, but probably not.

Kleonidas
11-29-2010, 10:29 AM
PSD Knick fans were saying Randolph and Azubuike for Melo is close...

G MIN FGM-A FG% 3PM-A 3P% FTM-A FT% OFF DEF TOT STL BLK TO PF AST PTS
Season 10 9.6 8-31 .258 0-2 .000 6-10 .600 0.8 2.2 3.0 .30 .60 .80 1.20 0.7 2.2

Poor Azubuike has yet to show his monster skills...Hopefully he can get more then Randolph's 2.2 PTS and 3.0 RPG when he gets healthy.

MagicBucsSox
11-29-2010, 10:43 AM
i think id rather finish the year with devin harris than jameer

DenButsu
11-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Without getting into Buike plus what else might be worth it for Melo, the guy is a damn good player, and I'd be happy to see him land on the Nuggets someday if he can stay healthy.

AR has been a huge disappointment this season, though. Not sure if he'll ever get it together. "Projects" can only be sustained so long...

KnicksorBust
11-29-2010, 10:57 AM
PSD Knick fans were saying Randolph and Azubuike for Melo is close...

G MIN FGM-A FG% 3PM-A 3P% FTM-A FT% OFF DEF TOT STL BLK TO PF AST PTS
Season 10 9.6 8-31 .258 0-2 .000 6-10 .600 0.8 2.2 3.0 .30 .60 .80 1.20 0.7 2.2

Poor Azubuike has yet to show his monster skills...Hopefully he can get more then Randolph's 2.2 PTS and 3.0 RPG when he gets healthy.

So if a couple of people say it then all Knicks fans must think that way? :rolleyes:

DenButsu
11-29-2010, 11:15 AM
So if a couple of people say it then all Knicks fans must think that way? :rolleyes:

Well, in fairness, a LOT of NYK fans were REALLY high on AR before the season started. At least when trying to convince Nuggs fans that he would be a great piece in a trade package, that is. I understand it's not ALL NYK fans who felt that way, of course, but as generalizations go, it's not altogether inaccurate.

MagicBucsSox
11-29-2010, 11:22 AM
knick fans,please get over yourselves believe it or not this thread has nothing to do with the knicks...........but when do they ever?