PDA

View Full Version : What happen to all the Tyreke Evans hype?

D Roses Bulls
11-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Last year, A lot of you were saying tyreke evans was gonna be a star in the league. Some of you went as far to say he was better then Rose, Westbrook, and Rondo already. It's not like the man fell off that much, he still is averaging almost 18 points and 5.4 assists a game and it's only his second year in the league. So where did all this hype on psd go for him? Cause I haven't seen his name mentioned one time this year so far and I know it's early but this time last year he received all this attention on psd and he received more as the season went on. what happen?

ManRam
11-28-2010, 06:30 PM
He plays for sacramento. No one cares about sacramento.

:shrug:

D Roses Bulls
11-28-2010, 06:32 PM
He plays for sacramento. No one cares about sacramento.

:shrug:

last year they did for some reason

Ebbs
11-28-2010, 06:33 PM
I still think he will be a stud.

Hiphopopotamus
11-28-2010, 06:34 PM
PSD loves to hype anyone, in anyway if it can slight rose and/or annoy bulls fans. This may not really be true, but there is a disproportionate amount of Rose/Bulls dislike here and people love to list the PGs who they think could be (fact or fiction) better than Rose. That and...he plays in Sac.

Hiphopopotamus
11-28-2010, 06:35 PM
I also think Evans can still be a great player, but probably will have to be a 2 or play with a ball handling 2.

Byronicle
11-28-2010, 06:37 PM
must be some sort of inner turmoil going on

my guess is Cousin's been a trouble maker in the team

Mplsman
11-28-2010, 06:38 PM
He will still be a star. Just off to a slower start this year. Last year he was so hyped because he was the first rookie since Jordan to avg. 20-5-5.

abe_froman
11-28-2010, 06:39 PM
he's battling injuries i hear,he'll bounce back

NYtilIdie
11-28-2010, 06:40 PM
He's still going to be big. Its just Sactown isn't the spot right now, nothing is going right and nobody is happy.

A brand new coach is greatly needed.

ManRam
11-28-2010, 06:41 PM

He was a rookie. Rookies get far more attention than they should. Now that he's not new and not unknown...and not in a big market, people have moved on to the next one.

Sadds The Gr8
11-28-2010, 06:42 PM
He was a rookie. Rookies get far more attention than they should. Now that he's not new and not unknown...and not in a big market, people have moved on to the next one.

this.

DerekRE_3
11-28-2010, 06:43 PM
He's had a slow start. He's been dealing with a nagging ankle injury as well as plantar fasciatis, which can really affect how a player moves. He's not getting attention because the Kings aren't winning and are a small market team.

And he's still gonna be a superstar. All he needs is a jumpshot, and he has about 5 years until he hits his prime.

redsox0717
11-28-2010, 06:45 PM
tyreke who

D Roses Bulls
11-28-2010, 06:45 PM

exactly........ that's why I seem agitated when people talk about potential because its just hear say pretty much. most of these players in the NBA don't live up to their potential. Now I think evans could be a solid or pretty good player, but I dont think he is gonna be what people last year were saying about him.

D Roses Bulls
11-28-2010, 06:46 PM
PSD loves to hype anyone, in anyway if it can slight rose and/or annoy bulls fans. This may not really be true, but there is a disproportionate amount of Rose/Bulls dislike here and people love to list the PGs who they think could be (fact or fiction) better than Rose. That and...he plays in Sac.

I think your onto something here cause ive thought that too before

SA5195
11-28-2010, 06:47 PM
He will still be a star. Just off to a slower start this year. Last year he was so hyped because he was the first rookie since Jordan to avg. 20-5-5.

You mean first rookie since Lebron to average 20-5-5.

Hiphopopotamus
11-28-2010, 06:48 PM
I think your onto something here cause ive thought that too before

Has to be, right? Otherwise, how can so many people on here who seem pretty knowledgable deny how talented Rose is and how well he is playing.

Boom.Boom
11-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Last year, A lot of you were saying tyreke evans was gonna be a star in the league. Some of you went as far to say he was better then Rose, Westbrook, and Rondo already. It's not like the man fell off that much, he still is averaging almost 18 points and 5.4 assists a game and it's only his second year in the league. So where did all this hype on psd go for him? Cause I haven't seen his name mentioned one time this year so far and I know it's early but this time last year he received all this attention on psd and he received more as the season went on. what happen?

he is.

KnicksorBust
11-28-2010, 06:49 PM
He's had a slow start. He's been dealing with a nagging ankle injury as well as plantar fasciatis, which can really affect how a player moves. He's not getting attention because the Kings aren't winning and are a small market team.

And he's still gonna be a superstar. All he needs is a jumpshot, and he has about 5 years until he hits his prime.

I agree and still think he's one of the toughest 1 on 1 covers in the NBA.

Hiphopopotamus
11-28-2010, 06:50 PM
he is.

ha, in what way?

Boom.Boom
11-28-2010, 06:51 PM
they also were playing .500 ball early in the season last year.

Boom.Boom
11-28-2010, 06:52 PM
ha, in what way?

every way humanely possble.

D Roses Bulls
11-28-2010, 06:53 PM
he is.

my response http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOIHPvIBh7M

Dr Cyanide 28
11-28-2010, 06:54 PM
ha, in what way?

im proud of u for not getting upset in his unintelligent, unenlightened, irritating, somewhat ignorant response. btw love the flight of the conchord reference in the name

John Walls Era
11-28-2010, 06:55 PM
I use to like him when he played at Memphis. I think hes going to be a solid player, few AS appearances, but nothing amazing.

Hiphopopotamus
11-28-2010, 06:55 PM
im proud of u for not getting upset in his unintelligent, unenlightened, irritating, somewhat ignorant response. btw love the flight of the conchord reference in the name

Lol, nice catch on the F of the C name. You are only the second person to get it. I love that show.

Minimal
11-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Tyreke who?

Hiphopopotamus
11-28-2010, 06:56 PM

:cool:

Dr Cyanide 28
11-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Lol, nice catch on the F of the C name. You are only the second person to get it. I love that show.

are your lyrics bottomless tho?

Hiphopopotamus
11-28-2010, 06:58 PM
are your lyrics bottomless tho?

nodding silently...

Dr Cyanide 28
11-28-2010, 06:58 PM
i feel like everybody in psd is all over derrick rose's sugalumpss

Hiphopopotamus
11-28-2010, 07:00 PM

lol

D Roses Bulls
11-28-2010, 07:03 PM

lol.......

tangent12
11-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Rookie year luck, nothing more, nothing less. Teams now have solid scouting reports on the guy, they know his tendencies and weaknesses and that's when you can distinguish who's a star and who's not. That's what separates a good player and a star, when they still cause teams problems after years in the league being scouted and tried to be figured out.

Crackadalic
11-28-2010, 07:04 PM
i think he plays better as a shooting guard i remember dwade played point his 1st year then moved to the 2 guard spot he will be a star soon

D Roses Bulls
11-28-2010, 07:04 PM
I wonder if blake griffin will have the same fate as evans on psd next year if the clippers still suck.

MJ-BULLS
11-28-2010, 07:07 PM
in my eyes Tyreke Evans will still be a stud.
he has been battling some injuries throughout this season.
I love kids game, once he is fully healthy and has that explosion back that he had Last year, he would reverse himself back to the old form he had.

Hiphopopotamus
11-28-2010, 07:08 PM
[QUOTE=Crackadalic;15719204]i think he plays better as a shooting guard i remember dwade played point his 1st year then moved to the 2 guard spot he will be a star soon[/QUOTE

I agree with you. He needs to have less ball handling duties.

D Roses Bulls
11-28-2010, 07:09 PM
[QUOTE=Crackadalic;15719204]i think he plays better as a shooting guard i remember dwade played point his 1st year then moved to the 2 guard spot he will be a star soon[/QUOTE

I agree with you. He needs to have less ball handling duties.

agreed

Sixerlover
11-28-2010, 07:12 PM
He's still having a pretty good year with those injuries and the turmoil in Sac-Town. There just isn't a "sophomore of the year" award, so your team's record also becomes involved in your "production"

Boom.Boom
11-28-2010, 07:14 PM

my response: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jco0RtxyA8

D Roses Bulls
11-28-2010, 07:16 PM
my response: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jco0RtxyA8

That was last year and rose was playing hurt......... lol........ it took you all that time to come up with a response and the best you could do was a clip from last year? ;)

Boom.Boom
11-28-2010, 07:16 PM
any one remember how rose started his 2nd year ?

tyreke is hurt right now, with ankle and knee issues.

D Roses Bulls
11-28-2010, 07:18 PM
any one remember how rose started his 2nd year ?

tyreke is hurt right now, with ankle and knee issues.

he started off slow as well, rose was hurt as well. this thread really isnt a question of whether evans is gonna be good or is good, its more of a question as to why no one ever talks about him no more when on this site lasy year, a lot of people were hyping him up beyond belief and now you dont hear anyone talking about him anymore.

alencp3
11-28-2010, 07:23 PM

You people really started to ignore LeBron :eyebrow:

DerekRE_3
11-28-2010, 07:25 PM
The reasons for Reke's struggles:
-Ankle injuries
-Plantar Fasciatis
-His teammates don't hit open outside shots. The Kings are shooting under 30% from behind the arc this year. Teams can just load up the lane with defenders all night.
-His jumper isn't falling
-Inept coaching

chicago lulz
11-28-2010, 07:26 PM
Give it some time. Rose struggled just as much the beginning of his sophomore year.

Reference to Rose's number through November his sophomore year
Numbers for November
MIN FG PCT 3P PCT FT PCT STL BLK TO PF OFF DEF TOT AST PTS
35.9 91-196 .464 1-5 .200 28-32 .875 1.0 0.3 3.2 1.5 0.9 2.0 2.9 5.3 16.2

So yeah, Evans will be fine.

Corey
11-28-2010, 07:27 PM
I still think he's a stud.

DerekRE_3
11-28-2010, 07:29 PM
Rookie year luck, nothing more, nothing less. Teams now have solid scouting reports on the guy, they know his tendencies and weaknesses and that's when you can distinguish who's a star and who's not. That's what separates a good player and a star, when they still cause teams problems after years in the league being scouted and tried to be figured out.

You don't lead the entire league in field goal attempts at the rim as rookie through just luck. And as far as weaknesses go, he has one, and has a lot of time to work on it. That one weakness happens to be the key to making him unguardable.

drobe86
11-28-2010, 07:30 PM
Tyreke is a baller. He'll be a Joe Jonson type player real soon....

bigsams50
11-28-2010, 07:34 PM
He's just struggling a little with injuries. And its not like he's doing bad or anything, 17 5 and 5 is still pretty damn good

D Roses Bulls
11-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Give it some time. Rose struggled just as much the beginning of his sophomore year.

Reference to Rose's number through November his sophomore year
Numbers for November
MIN FG PCT 3P PCT FT PCT STL BLK TO PF OFF DEF TOT AST PTS
35.9 91-196 .464 1-5 .200 28-32 .875 1.0 0.3 3.2 1.5 0.9 2.0 2.9 5.3 16.2

So yeah, Evans will be fine.

I think the majority of the people get that, its just funny how people dont even talk about this guy no more.

Boom.Boom
11-28-2010, 08:08 PM
no one talked about rose early last year when he struggled. really no one talks about rose before this season started. i remeber his rookie year everyone was on his nuts.

smith&wesson
11-28-2010, 08:22 PM
evans is sick, when sacremento starts winning, he will get all the credit. but untill then he is just good individually. you gotta make your team better he hasnt done that YET.
I think the kings should rebuild around him and get him some help.

GodsSon
11-28-2010, 08:50 PM
You don't lead the entire league in field goal attempts at the rim as rookie through just luck. And as far as weaknesses go, he has one, and has a lot of time to work on it. That one weakness happens to be the key to making him unguardable.

He has no left hand, teams picked up on that and made adjustments...left hand + bum ankle = struggles

td0tsfinest
11-28-2010, 08:53 PM
must be some sort of inner turmoil going on

my guess is Cousin's been a trouble maker in the team

He's actually playing through two sore ankles and plantar fasciitis. The Kings should rest him for a few games.

nico916
11-28-2010, 09:09 PM
My guy Tyreke is going to be a star and I'm not just saying that cuz he's on my team but because I watch a lot of basketball including Chicago games all the time and I see star written all over him. He's been dealing with a butt load of leg injuries and he has been playing most of his games with Plantar Fasciatis! have you ever played on that? that *****s painful lol every time you put weight on it, it feels like someones stabbing you to the worst degree. And if that wasn't bad enough the guy keeps hurting his ankles because of this he has bad lift and no explosive movement on the court. Look at his highlights from any game last year and watch any of the upcoming games and see how sluggish his movements are. Look at how when he goes up for a layup he looks like he has very little lift. he look like he can't even dunk the ball at times. Despite all of that hes still playing and still putting up some numbers. A healthy him would be doing a lot more and it wouldn't be just from his own skill capability it would also be him being the leader he was as a rookie. That's saying a lot seeing as how last year he beat your Bulls from being down 35pts last year. It was Tyreke and his leadership that got that job done. There have been a lot of guys in the history of the NBA that have gone unsung for short periods of time and then comeback and bite you on the butt for doing it.

D Roses Bulls
11-28-2010, 09:15 PM
no one talked about rose early last year when he struggled. really no one talks about rose before this season started. i remeber his rookie year everyone was on his nuts.

if you mean his second year, yeah they did.

Sactown
11-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Tyreke is injured.. and as far as him switching to a 2, I'm against it. He can guard the 1 and he has the ball handling skills and vision to play the 1. The reason he doesn't average 8 assist a game is because assists require your teamates to hit shots.. also he's getting to the rim fine most the time he just doesn't have the lift to finish the play. If you watched last nights game you saw glimpses of his explosion and you could deffinetly see the vision.. he will be a star and he isn't like joe johnson whoever mentioned that because Tyreke is clutch and doesn't dissapear when it matters most.

KnicksorBust
11-28-2010, 09:46 PM
he started off slow as well, rose was hurt as well. this thread really isnt a question of whether evans is gonna be good or is good, its more of a question as to why no one ever talks about him no more when on this site lasy year, a lot of people were hyping him up beyond belief and now you dont hear anyone talking about him anymore.

Asked and answered.

Tyreke is injured.. and as far as him switching to a 2, I'm against it. He can guard the 1 and he has the ball handling skills and vision to play the 1. The reason he doesn't average 8 assist a game is because assists require your teamates to hit shots.. also he's getting to the rim fine most the time he just doesn't have the lift to finish the play. If you watched last nights game you saw glimpses of his explosion and you could deffinetly see the vision.. he will be a star and he isn't like joe johnson whoever mentioned that because Tyreke is clutch and doesn't dissapear when it matters most.

I agree. I'd take a young Tyreke Evans over a young Joe Johnson everyday of the week.

Team*Chicago
11-28-2010, 09:58 PM
This what happen to the Tyreke Evan's hype last night http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOIHPvIBh7M .

D Roses Bulls
11-28-2010, 10:16 PM
This what happen to the Tyreke Evan's hype last night http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOIHPvIBh7M .

I posted that in this thread already when boomboom said evans was better, lol

DerekRE_3
11-28-2010, 11:20 PM
Well first off, it's pretty clear Rose is quicker than Tyreke...so it's not a shock that he got beat on a play. It's also even more clear that when Tyreke has a bum ankle and plantar fasciatis, he's going to get beat by a quicker player.

Also, pretty sure Tyreke has been on the other end of that a few times during his career as well...for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU-_HK5GmYA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cch6iu6SfE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuL1h8RO-_M&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aopSLHXhBmg

central2003
11-29-2010, 12:25 AM
He is still going to be a star no doubt. People seem to forget that he is avg near 20 points a game INJURED. Also the Kings are struggling because the opposing team is just focusing on him and clogging up the paint because of Evans. When your team can not hit out side shots, the opposing team will concentrate on you, its common cense. Once his injuries start getting better he will be destroying teams on a nightly basis like he did last year esp when he develops a outside shot (He will be un Gaurdable). You are the sh**t when teams are drawing up plays to challenge you each time you have the ball in your hands.

RayRay
11-29-2010, 12:31 AM
Well first off, it's pretty clear Rose is quicker than Tyreke...so it's not a shock that he got beat on a play. It's also even more clear that when Tyreke has a bum ankle and plantar fasciatis, he's going to get beat by a quicker player.

Also, pretty sure Tyreke has been on the other end of that a few times during his career as well...for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU-_HK5GmYA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cch6iu6SfE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuL1h8RO-_M&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aopSLHXhBmg

Those are nothing special. He isn't explosive with his first step. Not sure if they've given up on him as a PG but they should. He's a SG. IF he develops a jumper i could see him in the Brandon Roy mold. If not i don't see him improving much on his rookie season.

29$JerZ
11-29-2010, 12:55 AM

This basically answers the OP question

Also with John Wall being drafted this year and Chris Paul Healthy it's only natural that the attention will shift to them.

Chronz
11-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Those are nothing special. He isn't explosive with his first step. Not sure if they've given up on him as a PG but they should. He's a SG. IF he develops a jumper i could see him in the Brandon Roy mold. If not i don't see him improving much on his rookie season.
Hes super crafty, that makes it more impressive considering everyone sags the **** off him. Rose crossover wasnt that special, hes done much better. This wasnt even 1 on 1 and it was against a hurt player

RayRay
11-29-2010, 03:06 PM
Hes super crafty, that makes it more impressive considering everyone sags the **** off him. Rose crossover wasnt that special, hes done much better. This wasnt even 1 on 1 and it was against a hurt player

Roses' first step is pretty special. Evans not so much. He's not a jaw dropping athlete. He's very similar to Roy or Joe Johnson athletically. He's a good player no doubt, but if he's ever gonna reach "star" level he needs a perimeter game.

Sactown
11-29-2010, 03:26 PM
Tyreke has better ball handling skills than Rose.. The D sags off him yet he uses his dribble to penetrate and get to the rim.. Rose has a better jump shot so D can't sag on him so it's easier to pump fake players and get around them. The Kings don't have any consistant out side shooter so the other team just stacks 4 guys in the paint and waits for Evans.

Draco
11-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Tyreke has better ball handling skills than Rose.. The D sags off him yet he uses his dribble to penetrate and get to the rim.. Rose has a better jump shot so D can't sag on him so it's easier to pump fake players and get around them. The Kings don't have any consistant out side shooter so the other team just stacks 4 guys in the paint and waits for Evans.

I don't see it. Reke's bigger, that's the only advantage over Rose that I see.

Ray_R
11-29-2010, 03:31 PM

I still am.

Sactown
11-29-2010, 03:33 PM

Then clearly you're just not looking loll :rolleyes:

LTBaByyy
11-29-2010, 03:34 PM
He will turn out to have a Joe Johnson type career, not money wise lol

But career wise def

Draco
11-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Then clearly you're just not looking loll :rolleyes:

Yeah, I guess not. :rolleyes:

Sactown
11-29-2010, 03:36 PM
Yeah, I guess not. :rolleyes:

I'm not trying to hate on Rose because clearly right now he is the better of the two players

Chronz
11-29-2010, 03:38 PM

You dont need to see it, you can deduce it logically. Think about it, how is that a player with less quickness, less explosion off the bounce, and gets less respect for his jumper manage to live in the paint? If he didnt have his handles/change of pace game he wouldnt be able to carve up defenses and turn games into layup lines. Rose is flashier no doubt and his handles look cooler

DerekRE_3
11-29-2010, 03:50 PM
You dont need to see it, you can deduce it logically. Think about it, how is that a player with less quickness, less explosion off the bounce, and gets less respect for his jumper manage to live in the paint? If he didnt have his handles/change of pace game he wouldnt be able to carve up defenses and turn games into layup lines. Rose is flashier no doubt and his handles look cooler

That's another reason why Reke hasn't gotten a lot of attention this year. He's not flashy. He doesn't throw down monster dunks and is much more crafty than he is flashy. Even when Reke is on his game, he really isn't a highlight machine

D1JM
11-29-2010, 03:52 PM
last year i remember a bunch of sac and tyreke fans bashing rose numbers and play when he had that ankle injury. Now I guess its ok to use that "excuse" for Evans and it wasnt ok for rose

Draco
11-29-2010, 03:55 PM

Reke's great at handling the ball. I'm not denying that but I don't see how his handle is better than Rose. Both have an easy time getting to where they need to using an assortment of moves.. whereas Reke is bigger, Rose is faster. Rose can't change direction, doesn't have a stutter step, doesn't cross over as well as Reke? I've see him use an assortment of moves... maybe I just haven't seen enough of Reke.

AddiX
11-29-2010, 04:03 PM
The same thing that is happening to Ty is what happens to all these bums who can't run the PG and call themselves "combo guards."

Teams realize they are just scorers and can't run the team for crap. And than teams realize they are a lot less useful with all there talent than they originally thought.

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 04:53 PM
The same thing that is happening to Ty is what happens to all these bums who can't run the PG and call themselves "combo guards."

Teams realize they are just scorers and can't run the team for crap. And than teams realize they are a lot less useful with all there talent than they originally thought.

that is true

mikantsass
11-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Rose's soph effort- 20pts, 6assts, 4rebs, 0.7 stls, 48% shooting in 37mpg

Tyreke's soph effort so far- 18pts, 5.5 assts, 5 rebs, 1.7 stls, 40% shooting in 37mpg

So whats the beef Bulls fans? Both were slowed by injuries in their soph campaigns, both have had below average teams (Kings are worse) in their soph campaigns. Yet the numbers are strangely similar. At this pace Reke is on the Derrick Rose road to top 5 player career path

Chronz
11-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Reke's great at handling the ball. I'm not denying that but I don't see how his handle is better than Rose. Both have an easy time getting to where they need to using an assortment of moves.. whereas Reke is bigger, Rose is faster. Rose can't change direction, doesn't have a stutter step, doesn't cross over as well as Reke? I've see him use an assortment of moves... maybe I just haven't seen enough of Reke.
You didnt acknowledge my points, Rose is quicker/faster, his initial burst is incredible, on top of that teams dont completely ignore his jumpshot the way they do Reke. So if we are to say they're equal at handling the ball then it would be impossible for Reke to replicate Rose's success at getting into the paint due to the fact that he possesses less athletic advantages. Yet we see Reke live there far more often than Rose. Thats only plausible because of his feel for handling the ball.

If Rose has all these advantages yet he still cant get into the thick of the defense the way Reke has then hes got to be the dumbest player in the history of the league. I dont think you want to admit that so either Reke is better at breaking down defenses with his handles or you explain how its possible for someone to accomplish his feats without all those athletic advantages that Rose possesses

Chronz
11-29-2010, 05:07 PM
Rose's soph effort- 20pts, 6assts, 4rebs, 0.7 stls, 48% shooting

Tyreke's soph effort so far- 18pts, 5.5 assts, 5 rebs, 1.7 stls, 40% shooting

So whats the beef Bulls fans? Both were slowed by injuries in their soph campaigns, both have had below average teams in their soph campaigns. Yet the numbers are strangely similar. At this pace Reke is on the Derrick Rose road to top 5 player career path

Those # are NOTHING alike.

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 05:10 PM

Tyreke's soph effort so far- 18pts, 5.5 assts, 5 rebs, 1.7 stls, 40% shooting in 37mpg

So whats the beef Bulls fans? Both were slowed by injuries in their soph campaigns, both have had below average teams (Kings are worse) in their soph campaigns. Yet the numbers are strangely similar. At this pace Reke is on the Derrick Rose road to top 5 player career path

actually it's 17, i just gave him the benefit of the doubt and rounded it up, but this thread isnt trying to put down tyreke.

mikantsass
11-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Those # are NOTHING alike.

How?

Gibby23
11-29-2010, 05:30 PM

Sofar in his short career, Tyreke hasn't played in a game that has mattered.

Hawkeye15
11-29-2010, 05:38 PM
Sofar in his short career, Tyreke hasn't played in a game that has mattered.

every game matters. For a young developing team, any time you are in a 1-2 possession game, its a learning situation. You bet that matters

Gibby23
11-29-2010, 05:45 PM
every game matters. For a young developing team, any time you are in a 1-2 possession game, its a learning situation. You bet that matters

Sure. The games that "mattered" sofar for the Kings this season were the 4 home games they lost to the Wolves, Grizz, Knicks, and Pistons after starting 3-2.

Draco
11-29-2010, 06:01 PM
You didnt acknowledge my points, Rose is quicker/faster, his initial burst is incredible, on top of that teams dont completely ignore his jumpshot the way they do Reke. So if we are to say they're equal at handling the ball then it would be impossible for Reke to replicate Rose's success at getting into the paint due to the fact that he possesses less athletic advantages. Yet we see Reke live there far more often than Rose. Thats only plausible because of his feel for handling the ball.

If Rose has all these advantages yet he still cant get into the thick of the defense the way Reke has then hes got to be the dumbest player in the history of the league. I dont think you want to admit that so either Reke is better at breaking down defenses with his handles or you explain how its possible for someone to accomplish his feats without all those athletic advantages that Rose possesses

I think it's easier for defenses to keep a smaller dude out of the paint than it is for defenses to keep Reke's 220 pound body out.

Chronz
11-29-2010, 06:35 PM
I think it's easier for defenses to keep a smaller dude out of the paint than it is for defenses to keep Reke's 220 pound body out.
That was easy

Draco
11-29-2010, 06:38 PM
That was easy

Isn't that partly why they call him mini-Lebron? (aside from his 20-5-5, or whatever the number was)

Chronz
11-29-2010, 06:40 PM
How?
Well for one theres a MASSIVE gap in efficiency. Give Reke time to heal and for his coach to realize that playing nothing but bigs in the frontcourt isnt ideal for his game, and for his shooters to catch fire and then we may see similar career curves, at this point I think Kings fans will settle for him to stop regressing

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 07:02 PM
now why isnt there more votes for "completely forgot bout evans" cause you know most of you did.

GoferKing_
11-29-2010, 07:04 PM
So, Allen Iverson is better then Jordan!!!!!!! Cuz he did this to him --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEmS8ZQIhTA

Wrigheyes4MVP
11-29-2010, 07:11 PM
now why isnt there more votes for "completely forgot bout evans" cause you know most of you did.

Its probably because most people think he is gonna be a star once you reminded them of him.

D Roses Bulls
11-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Its probably because most people think he is gonna be a star once you reminded them of him.

lol probably

Sactown
11-29-2010, 08:27 PM
lol probably

I wasn't here last year lol so I don't know how much hype he was getting, but he is going to become a superstar and a top 5 PG in the league in the next few years. year 3 is the breakout year

mrblisterdundee
11-29-2010, 08:39 PM
Tyreke Evans is doing the same as he did last year, which was like Caron Butler in his prime. He's great, but not better than last year; stagnant players aren't popular. Personally, I think he'll take off once Sacramento takes its head out of its *** and plays him at shooting guard. Kobe Bryant and Joe Johnson average five assists per game, and you don't see them playing the point.

Johann
11-29-2010, 08:57 PM
Demarcus happened...

DerekRE_3
11-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Well for one theres a MASSIVE gap in efficiency. Give Reke time to heal and for his coach to realize that playing nothing but bigs in the frontcourt isnt ideal for his game, and for his shooters to catch fire and then we may see similar career curves, at this point I think Kings fans will settle for him to stop regressing

I dunno if he's regressed. His injuries are hampering him and his teammates make it an easy decision to just clog the lane and make his teammates hit shots, which they aren't.

CityofTreez
11-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Tyreke Evans is doing the same as he did last year, which was like Caron Butler in his prime. He's great, but not better than last year; stagnant players aren't popular. Personally, I think he'll take off once Sacramento takes its head out of its *** and plays him at shooting guard. Kobe Bryant and Joe Johnson average five assists per game, and you don't see them playing the point.

Are you saying Tyreke Evans is making out to be another Caron Butler?

DerekRE_3
11-29-2010, 09:02 PM

He is...Like I've said 1000 times, it doesn't really matter what "position" he plays. He's going to handle the ball a lot whether he's at the 1 or 2. What does matter though is whether he guards 1's or 2's. He should guard opposing 2's because there are a lot of lightning quick PG's in this league right now.

You used Kobe Bryant as an example. Who handles the ball more on the Lakers? Derrick Fisher or Kobe?

jimm120
11-29-2010, 09:44 PM

No, last year, "they" did care, but not about Sacramento, but for the ROOKIE status.

Rookie status is no more. So, he goes back into being another Sac-town player.

Team*Chicago
11-29-2010, 11:24 PM

Those numbers aren't that simular Derrick had improve while he was injuried and Tyreke had regressed while he's injuried meaning when both players are hurt Derrick improved and Tyreke regressed. Tyreke is a great player and he's better than what the miami heat got going on with their "Boston Celtics Big 3 Want'a Be", he became Rookie Of The Year in 2010, beat up the Sophmore's in the Allstar game and should played in the FIBA 2010 over overrated Rajon Rondo.

I have no beef with the Kings fans, I only got beef with the pisston and heat fans.

Sactown
11-29-2010, 11:31 PM
Those numbers aren't that simular Derrick had improve while he was injuried and Tyreke had regressed while he's injuried meaning when both players are hurt Derrick improved and Tyreke regressed. Tyreke is a great player and he's better than what the miami heat got going on with their "Boston Celtics Big 3 Want'a Be", he became Rookie Of The Year in 2010, beat up the Sophmore's in the Allstar game and should played in the FIBA 2010 over overrated Rajon Rondo.

I have no beef with the Kings fans, I only got beef with the pisston and heat fans.

Tyreke has 2 sprained ancles and plantars fasciitis.. what did rose have at the beggining of his soph year