PDA

View Full Version : What will happen to sports in the future?

Kinglorious
11-28-2010, 03:05 AM
Right now we are in an era that lives and breathes sports. Seriously, imagine a world without sports. It'd be like the beginning of Terminator 2: Judgment Day - the end of society as we know it... I'm sorry :facepalm: that's a gross exaggeration, but still: I'd be going ape ****. I like my sports, you know?

Will sports ever end? Well, maybe not the "sport" all together - but what about the leagues?

NBA
NHL
NFL (CFL) <--I'm Canadian, so...
MLB
Any soccer/football league in the world
PGA Tour
Cricket... why not?

Will sports - as we know it - still be going strong in the year... 2257 - when we're all long gone? (Unless you've been cryogenically frozen, but that's a longshot...) :rolleyes:

Or will we be a society hell bent on becoming superficial, with no time for "sports."

A silly question, no doubt :shrug: but an honest one, nonetheless.

SugeKnight
11-28-2010, 03:10 AM
There has always been sports (gladiators and stuff) and there will always be sports

redsox0717
11-28-2010, 03:12 AM
Sport will last as long as the human race does. With that said, it's silly to think the leagues will remain unchanged. Something like a permanent lockout might happen with a league, with another league opening later under a different name and slightly modified rules. Or maybe new technology will introduce entirely new sports never before possible. It's tough to predict what will happen, but like has been said, sport will never go away.

John Walls Era
11-28-2010, 03:14 AM
There will always be sports. In the future however it will be all be one sport: where teams of engineers build robots to destroy other team's robots. :shrug:

Kinglorious
11-28-2010, 03:21 AM
There has always been sports (gladiators and stuff) and there will always be sports

Good point. It's just the "evolution" of sports that's got me thinking. Sports nowadays will look so primitive in the future. We just got to get off our collective butts and start working on that flying car...:eyebrow:

lfjlol
11-28-2010, 03:29 AM
There will always be sports. In the future however it will be all be one sport: where teams of engineers build robots to destroy other team's robots. :shrug:

battlebots?

Allstar21
11-28-2010, 03:59 AM
espn will kill professional sports

or people will eventually realize noone is perfect and therefore start ignoring the TMZ bull that is constantly reported on espn

Time2Dieeee
11-28-2010, 04:06 AM
what will happen to sports in the future?? nothing cuz we all gunna die in 2012! lol jk

Canterbury
11-28-2010, 04:11 AM
We will always have sports. It wont necessarily be what we have right now, but that doesn't mean it will be bad. New things will come along and old things will fall out of favor or get an upgrade.

At that, I can't wait to watch the New New York Mets play some hot blurnsball action.