PDA

View Full Version : Current Superstars in the NBA & will anyone join this group by the end of the season?

JordansBulls
11-27-2010, 09:07 PM
Who are the Current Superstars in the NBA & will anyone join this group by the end of the season?

kArSoN RyDaH
11-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Current:

Kobe
Wade
Lebron
Melo
Howard
Durant
CP3
Nowitzki

Will Join:
DWill
Rondo
Rose
Pau
Griffin

I guess you can say some of those Will Join stars are already superstars but i think in terms of production after this year they will be considered among the leagues elite.

Sadds The Gr8
11-27-2010, 09:17 PM
^^ How is Deron not a superstar?

HoopsDrive
11-27-2010, 09:19 PM
LBJ
Kobe
Wade
Howard
CP3
Nowitzki
Gasol

eXpLiiCt
11-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Kobe
Wade
Lebron
Melo
Howard
Durant
CP3
Nowitzki
Nash
D Will
Gasol

Will Join

D. Rose
J. Wall
Griffin
Rondo
Westbrook

Byronicle
11-27-2010, 09:37 PM
honestly Blake Griffin is going to become a superstar fast

the man is a big, stronger, tougher version of Vince Carter (when he was known as Air Canada/Vinsanity) when it comes to his mad hops and athleticism

DeyAce
11-27-2010, 09:47 PM
Current:
Rose
Kobe
LBJ
Wade
Melo
Howard
Amare
Durant
CP3
D Will
Nowitzki

Will Join:
Gasol
Rondo
Griffin
Love

xxplayerxx23
11-27-2010, 09:49 PM
Current:

Kobe
Wade
Lebron
Melo
Howard
Durant
CP3
Nowitzki

Will Join:
DWill
Rondo
Rose
Pau
Griffin

I guess you can say some of those Will Join stars are already superstars but i think in terms of production after this year they will be considered among the leagues elite.

How is willams not a star and rondo plus wheres amare

DaoudS
11-27-2010, 09:50 PM
Current:
Rose
Kobe
LBJ
Wade
Melo
Howard
Durant
CP3
D Will
Nowitzki

Will Join:
Gasol
Rondo
Griffin

This, though I wouldn't put Rose as the superstar and put him in the "will join" category.

Hiphopopotamus
11-27-2010, 10:04 PM
current: Kobe, Wade, LBJ, CP3, Howard, Celtic Big 3, D Will, Duncan, Dirk, Durant
joining: Rose, Rondo,Westbrook, Griffin

Hiphopopotamus
11-27-2010, 10:05 PM
oops...prob missed a few...Nash, Amare, Melo as current....Pau too

poleandreel
11-27-2010, 10:11 PM
why is everyone saying that rose will join but not including westbrook? someone even listed wall without including westbrook. Thats ridiculous.

Baller1
11-27-2010, 10:25 PM
why is everyone saying that rose will join but not including westbrook? someone even listed wall without including westbrook. Thats ridiculous.

Wanted to say this, but I decided to leave it alone.

So, thank you.

Raph12
11-27-2010, 11:18 PM
In no specific order ;)
Current - Kobe, Lebron, Dwight, CP3, Melo, Dirk and Durant
Class of 2011 - Rondo, Pau, D-Will, Westbrook and Rose

asandhu23
11-28-2010, 01:43 AM
Monta Ellis

HoopsDrive
11-28-2010, 02:04 AM
Are you stupid...

Look at your own list before spouting **** like this. You got Nash and Melo.

Draco
11-28-2010, 02:19 AM
why is everyone saying that rose will join but not including westy? someone even listed wall without including russy. Thats ridiculous.

lol fixed it for you.

John Walls Era
11-28-2010, 02:31 AM
Current:
Kobe
Wade
Lebron
Melo
Rondo
Howard
Durant
CP3
Nowitzki
Gasol
D-Will
Nash
Duncan
Pierce

Will Join:
Westbrook
Wall
Griffin
Rose

John Walls Era
11-28-2010, 02:31 AM
Kinda wanted to put Monta Ellis.

R.I.P.#34
11-28-2010, 02:43 AM

Agreed, if Rose, Rondo, or Westbrook is on your list then all three should be. Maybe in a couple years one of them will pull away from the other two production-wise, but right now all three are in the same class.

kozelkid
11-28-2010, 02:51 AM
Lost it:
Tim Duncan (age)
Yao (injuries

Current:
Kobe
Lebron
Wade (though he can easily leave if he continues playing the way he has)
Manu
Durant
Howard
CP3
Deron
Dirk
Nash (he's up there in age, but he still is as good as ever)
Pau (He joined last season)
Brandon Roy (like Yao he can lose it as well unfortunately if he doesn't stay healthy)

Upcoming:
Rondo
Rose
Westbrook
Monta (if he can keep up his production but I'm skeptical)

NOT:
John Wall
Blake Griffin

Unless your name is MJ, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Shaq, or Duncan, you will not be a superstar by the end of year one.
John Wall is too inconsistent atm and while Griffin has been a highlight reel and a rebounding machine, he will not reach superstar level with his attrocious defense. He will eventually get better at that end, but as of now it's a big reason why he isn't a superstar. Both will get better and eventually be superstars, but not yet.

sargon21
11-28-2010, 03:25 AM
I already have Rose as a superstar, I mean he leads his team to victory in many ways putting up big numbers; I'm hesitant to think that Westbrook will get there b/c in most cases a "superstar" has to LEAD his team, and Durant's the leader so... we'll see

oh.. and i don't think Roy or Duncan are superstars any more

John Walls Era
11-28-2010, 03:31 AM
How is Rondo not on the Current list? Theres a big difference when the Celtics have him starting... Leading in Assists and he gets no respect.

JordansBulls
11-28-2010, 11:20 AM
How is Rondo not on the Current list? Theres a big difference when the Celtics have him starting... Leading in Assists and he gets no respect.

Then you make your own list..

Hawkeye15
11-28-2010, 11:29 AM
it depends how you define superstar. To me, there are only a handful of players every year that can make that claim. At any given time, there are 5-7ish superstars to me. It has to be a player who can carry a team for stretches of play on his back if necessary (and I mean a number of games in a row, not just a game or quarter). You also can't confuse a former superstar on the back end of his career with a current superstar. I think currently, LeBron, Wade, Dwight, CP3, Durant, and Dirk are the superstars in the NBA. I will wait until later this year to see if I think anyone else deserves to be added, its a long season, and I honestly don't see anyone outside possibly Rose or Westbrook at this point, that I would add to that list.

Hawkeye15
11-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Kinda wanted to put Monta Ellis.

players with adjusted plus/minus in the negative for the last 2+ seasons do not qualify as superstars of any sort

Hustla23
11-28-2010, 11:35 AM
players with adjusted plus/minus in the negative for the last 2+ seasons do not qualify as superstars of any sort
But he's the second best player in the league, doood. :laugh2:

Draco
11-28-2010, 11:40 AM
it depends how you define superstar. To me, there are only a handful of players every year that can make that claim. At any given time, there are 5-7ish superstars to me. It has to be a player who can carry a team for stretches of play on his back if necessary (and I mean a number of games in a row, not just a game or quarter). You also can't confuse a former superstar on the back end of his career with a current superstar. I think currently, LeBron, Wade, Dwight, CP3, Durant, and Dirk are the superstars in the NBA. I will wait until later this year to see if I think anyone else deserves to be added, its a long season, and I honestly don't see anyone outside possibly Rose or Westbrook at this point, that I would add to that list.

Let me know when Wessy carries a team for a number (how many?) of games. Lebron and Wade carried teams for years; that's a good number of games.

Hawkeye15
11-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Let me know when Wessy carries a team for a number (how many?) of games. Lebron and Wade carried teams for years; that's a good number of games.

Westbrook has been this season, which is why I said he could possibly be there. Will he? I doubt it.
And LJ and Wade were indeed in my list of superstars, so not sure what the issue is

Draco
11-28-2010, 11:54 AM
Westbrook has been this season, which is why I said he could possibly be there. Will he? I doubt it.
And LJ and Wade were indeed in my list of superstars, so not sure what the issue is

That's not enough games for me. Especially with Durant on the team. (even a sub par Durant by his standards)

Hawkeye15
11-28-2010, 11:55 AM
That's not enough games for me. Especially with Durant on the team. (even a sub par Durant by his standards)

then you can leave him off your potential list. Up to you

sager729
11-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Rose is turning into a superstar as we speak and if he could any kind of scorer at the 2 guard, then he even gets better. That crossover he did last night was sick.

sager729
11-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Wall will be in about 2 years. He reminds me so much of Rose.

Draco
11-28-2010, 12:01 PM
then you can leave him off your potential list. Up to you

There's a bit of a difference in the number of games Wade, Lebron and Rose have carried their teams compared with the number of games WB played this season. Just pointing it out.

Hawkeye15
11-28-2010, 12:07 PM
There's a bit of a difference in the number of games Wade, Lebron and Rose have carried their teams compared with the number of games WB played this season. Just pointing it out.

Rose doesn't belong in the conversation with LeBron and Wade. He was also listed on my potential list btw. He has been a really good player, but Rose has not been a superstar at any point.

Draco
11-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Rose doesn't belong in the conversation with LeBron and Wade. He was also listed on my potential list btw. He has been a really good player, but Rose has not been a superstar at any point.

This really doesn't matter much to me. I'm just pointing out that Wessy's handful of games in which anyone could point to and suggest he "carried the team" is a much smaller sample than the number of games in which Rose "carried the team." 16 games? Hmm, Wessy doesn't belong in the same conversation as Rose in that respect.

Hawkeye15
11-28-2010, 12:20 PM
This really doesn't matter much to me. I'm just pointing out that Wessy's handful of games in which anyone could point to and suggest he "carried the team" is a much smaller sample than the number of games in which Rose "carried the team." 16 games? Hmm, Wessy doesn't belong in the same conversation as Rose in that respect.

dude, both Westbrook and Rose were on my "potential" list, and I even commented we have a long way to go. By no means am I listing Westbrook as a superstar.
As I said, I think in any given year, there are only a few of them. Neither one deserves to be there. Not sure what the issue is here

John Walls Era
11-28-2010, 12:28 PM
Then you make your own list..

Current:
Kobe
Wade
Lebron
Melo
Rondo
Howard
Durant
CP3
Nowitzki
Gasol
D-Will
Nash
Duncan
Pierce

Will Join:
Westbrook
Wall
Griffin
Rose
Monta Ellis

I did.

barreleffact
11-28-2010, 12:56 PM
Wall will be in about 2 years. He reminds me so much of Rose.

i dont think so at all. rose is more of a shoot first pg which disappoints me because i was hoing he'd be pass first. still, rose is a crossover type while to me wall is the real deal for PGs. he will be the next Paul except turn it over more. thats just what I've seen thus far. He will be THAT good in a few years barring injury.

Hawkeye15
11-28-2010, 12:57 PM
i dont think so at all. rose is more of a shoot first pg which disappoints me because i was hoing he'd be pass first. still, rose is a crossover type while to me wall is the real deal for PGs. he will be the next Paul except turn it over more. thats just what I've seen thus far. He will be THAT good in a few years barring injury.

haven't watched Wall play much, but he turns it over way too much to get a Paul comparison. Westbrook/Rose seem good comparisons. Athletes

GOON MUSIC
11-28-2010, 12:58 PM
^^ How is Deron not a superstar?

i ask some regular hump on the street if they know who deron williams is, they are going to say "no"

Hawkeye15
11-28-2010, 01:12 PM
i ask some regular hump on the street if they know who deron williams is, they are going to say "no"

but they know who Amare Stoudemire is, and he aint a superstar. Being a superstar is not a popularity contest. Its about being one of the best players in the NBA. Top 5-7 good

alencp3
11-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Blake Griffin is already becoming a superstar by the end of the season he will be top 3 PF

heatking
11-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Superstars

Wade
Lebron
Bosh

Getting there

Kobe
Dwight
CP3

Furymaker
11-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Lebron
Kobe
CP3
Wade
Durant
Melo
Rose
Howard
Rondo
Amare

no particular order

Next superstars : Westbrook , Gasol , Griffin , Wall ...

Cmone hit me with Rose vs Westbrook ...

barreleffact
11-28-2010, 02:17 PM
haven't watched Wall play much, but he turns it over way too much to get a Paul comparison. Westbrook/Rose seem good comparisons. Athletes

He definately does turn it over far too much. But He also passes well enough to have a min of 6 assists per game. Yes, it is very early, but considering how poorly his team is, how can he get 6 on his WORST games thus far? Plus the man gets steals ala paul as well and rebounds well for his position. Of course Paul does it all in less minutes, but hey he's a rookie. give him some time. Honestly I do not think there is a single fair comparison for Wall currently. But I am hoping he becomes a paul type player that can also play off ball as well. His career could be very interesting very fast IMO.

Hawkeye15
11-28-2010, 02:22 PM
He definately does turn it over far too much. But He also passes well enough to have a min of 6 assists per game. Yes, it is very early, but considering how poorly his team is, how can he get 6 on his WORST games thus far? Plus the man gets steals ala paul as well and rebounds well for his position. Of course Paul does it all in less minutes, but hey he's a rookie. give him some time. Honestly I do not think there is a single fair comparison for Wall currently. But I am hoping he becomes a paul type player that can also play off ball as well. His career could be very interesting very fast IMO.

agreed. He is unique, and we will see what he becomes. I think its safe to say he will be a pretty damn good player

aaronmckie
11-28-2010, 02:46 PM
Only read first page of this thread but JRUE HOLIDAY will be a superstar by years end. Last night he made Devin Harris his bit*h on both ends of the floor.

Ovratd1up
11-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Rose, Westbrook, etc. are superstars NOW.

masalex1205
11-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Blake Griffin is already a superstar

Soxfan54
11-28-2010, 03:11 PM
I would say that Rondo is already a superstar

Kobe
Wade
Lebron
Melo
Howard
Durant
CP3
Nowitzki
Nash
D Will
Gasol

Will Join

D. Rose
J. Wall
Griffin
Rondo
Westbrook

barreleffact
11-28-2010, 03:15 PM
Only read first page of this thread but JRUE HOLIDAY will be a superstar by years end. Last night he made Devin Harris his bit*h on both ends of the floor.

You say that as if Devin Harris was EVER an elite player. Jrue Holida might turn out to be very very good, but superstar??? Thats an elite few and Im with Hawkeye on his definition. The only difference is I still have to have Kobe in there too. He is the focal point of the Lakers and the reason why everyone works so efficiently.

sargon21
11-28-2010, 03:23 PM
jrue holiday is nothing special

GOON MUSIC
11-28-2010, 03:50 PM
but they know who Amare Stoudemire is, and he aint a superstar. Being a superstar is not a popularity contest. Its about being one of the best players in the NBA. Top 5-7 good

that wasnt my argument, that if you know them then they are

Giraffes Rule
11-28-2010, 04:02 PM
I don't think you're a superstar unless you either win championships or transcend the sport so even non-fans know your name.

Kobe and Lebron are the only superstars in the league right now, in my opinion. Kevin Durant will be there eventually as well, but not right now.

Hiphopopotamus
11-28-2010, 04:16 PM
I don't think you're a superstar unless you either win championships or transcend the sport so even non-fans know your name.

Kobe and Lebron are the only superstars in the league right now, in my opinion. Kevin Durant will be there eventually as well, but not right now.

I posted a list earlier, but really you may be right...we may be too loose with "superstar". Hawkeye kept saying top 5-7 players and thats correct IMO. I think (myself included) leave that door open to too many people. I don't think you have to be the best player on your team though (in very rare cases...i.e Pippen). But generally you have to carry a good team on your own...that's why it is tough to see Monta there, for example.

Cubs Win
11-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Superstars

Wade
Lebron
Bosh

Getting there

Kobe
Dwight
CP3

Wow. So the Heat have every superstar in the league on their team, and they are only 9-8? That's embarrassing.

jmcelligott92
11-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Yeah you're right, Bosh Wade and Lebron are the only superstars in the NBA, cuz superstars always lose to the Pacers

jmcelligott92
11-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Drose and Rondo are already Stars, and Westrbrook is well on his way to becoming one.

JordansBulls
11-28-2010, 05:09 PM
Blake Griffin is already a superstar

:confused:

JordansBulls
11-28-2010, 06:41 PM

Disagree. Shaq was a superstar before he ever won a title as was Garnett.

Giraffes Rule
11-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Disagree. Shaq was a superstar before he ever won a title as was Garnett.

Key word: either.

kArSoN RyDaH
11-28-2010, 07:00 PM
SUPER stars. not stars. when you think of SUPER stars you think kobe dwight lebron wade. not rondo, dwill etc.

bal_ravens
11-28-2010, 07:21 PM
The superstar word is thrown around like it means nothing! Some lists consist of like...13 people.

JordansBulls
11-29-2010, 12:14 AM
SUPER stars. not stars. when you think of SUPER stars you think kobe dwight lebron wade. not rondo, dwill etc.

How are they superstars and Dwill not?

kArSoN RyDaH
11-29-2010, 01:28 AM
How are they superstars and Dwill not?

idk to me a superstar is someone who is known everywhere. people who dont watch basketball know about lebron kobe dwight. people dont know about those other guys. that's just my opinion. obviously from a basketball standpoint they are among the leagues elite but not SUPERSTAR

B.JenningsMVP
11-29-2010, 01:32 AM
Nick Young will emerge once gunner arenas will be traded.. him and john wall will be like westbrook n durant next year

JordansBulls
11-29-2010, 06:35 PM
idk to me a superstar is someone who is known everywhere. people who dont watch basketball know about lebron kobe dwight. people dont know about those other guys. that's just my opinion. obviously from a basketball standpoint they are among the leagues elite but not SUPERSTAR

ok I see what you mean.

Baller1
11-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Nick Young will emerge once gunner arenas will be traded.. him and john wall will be like westbrook n durant next year

You didn't really just compare Nick Young to Kevin Durant, did you?

Shammyguy3
11-29-2010, 07:31 PM

This, for the most part.

Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Dwight, CP3, Durant, and Dirk

With Rose & Williams making the jump by season's end.
With Wade & Kobe dropping down by season's end.

So, at the beginning of next season, the superstars in the league will be:

Lebron, Dwight, CP3, Durant, Dirk, Rose, Williams

GW3 all day
11-29-2010, 07:56 PM
Now:
Kobe
Wade
Lebron
Melo
Howard
Durant
CP3
Nowitzki
Nash
D Will
Gasol

End of year additions:
D Rose
Westbrook
Kevin Love
Rondo

sargon21
11-29-2010, 08:05 PM
^ way too many superstars

sargon21
11-29-2010, 08:06 PM
This, for the most part.

Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Dwight, CP3, Durant, and Dirk

With Rose & Williams making the jump by season's end.
With Wade & Kobe dropping down by season's end.

So, at the beginning of next season, the superstars in the league will be:

Lebron, Dwight, CP3, Durant, Dirk, Rose, Williams

You don't consider Rondo a superstar?

JordansBulls
11-30-2010, 12:25 AM
You don't consider Rondo a superstar?

Nope. Not when you had 3 former superstars on one team. Tough to think of a player as a superstar with that many guys who will be allstars as well this season.

DwayneMVPwade
11-30-2010, 12:36 AM
Current : Dawyne Wade, Kevin Durant, CP3, D Will, Lebron, Kobe, Melo, D12

Join : Russel Westbrook, D-Rose, Pau,

arkanian215
11-30-2010, 01:27 AM
Whoa people are saying Blake Griffin? Where are the folks who said average players pad their stats on teams with bad records and are made to look like they're better than they really are?

JordansBulls
11-30-2010, 11:12 AM
Whoa people are saying Blake Griffin? Where are the folks who said average players pad their stats on teams with bad records and are made to look like they're better than they really are?

To me he is like Elton Brand was on the Bulls in the early 2000's. Good numbers 20 and 10 but bad team.

Draco
11-30-2010, 11:15 AM
To me he is like Elton Brand was on the Bulls in the early 2000's. Good numbers 20 and 10 but bad team.

Krause didn't think Brand was a star you could build around. I don't know if anyone thinks the same about Griffin.

meloman1592
11-30-2010, 11:23 AM
Current-kobe,lebron,melo,wade,cp3,durant,dirk,dwight,amare
will join-blake griffin,d rose, westbrook and monta ellis

arkanian215
12-02-2010, 05:41 PM

But is Griffin an average/good player on a bad team or is a great player on a bad team? I've seen a lot of folks here try to imply someone doesn't deserve individual credit if his team is doing poorly. Some more so than others. Like Tyreke, Durant, Griffin right now, Lopez, Love etc had good numbers in years when their teams were struggling yet not all of them are written off equally as stat stuffers on a bad team.

BaddNewz
12-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Im not counting superstars that close to the Hall of Fame age i.e. Nash, Duncan, KG

Kobe
Wade
Lebron
Melo
Dirk
CP3
Howard
Durant
D-Will

Will become a superstar
Granger
Rose
Rondo
Amare'
Griffin
Love
Ellis
Pau
Westbrook

chi-townlove1
12-02-2010, 06:51 PM
This, though I wouldn't put Rose as the superstar and put him in the "will join" category.

how could u not put Rose up there if your going to put all those other guys... with the stats he is averaging? only guy in the NBA with 26-8.

chi-townlove1
12-02-2010, 06:56 PM
^ way too many superstars

agreed. You cant have 15 SUPER stars. it is a handful of guys that can make this claim, and those are the players that EVERYONE knows about, those being---Kobe, LBJ, DWade, Dwight, Durant. You can talk up and coming stars as season goes on and when next year starts.

Blazers#1Fan
12-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Im not counting superstars that close to the Hall of Fame age i.e. Nash, Duncan, KG

Kobe
Wade
Lebron
Melo
Dirk
CP3
Howard
Durant
D-Will

Will become a superstar
Granger
Rose
Rondo
Amare'
Griffin
Love
Ellis
Pau
Westbrook

i gotta agree....another thing wheres BRoy yeah he has bad knees but he's still good!

anybody think wesley matthews will be a star if you look at his last 3 games and see when he plays 25+ minutes he scores 20-30pts thats pretty good in my eyes once he get starting minutes the guys gonna be a beast!

JordansBulls
12-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Krause didn't think Brand was a star you could build around. I don't know if anyone thinks the same about Griffin.

I don't think most think of Blake as a star.

thekmp211
12-02-2010, 10:00 PM

the word "superstar" makes me cringe. it is interpreted differently every time.

in my opinion, the word "superstar" indicates a public fascination that somewhat transcends the sport that a star plays.

in other sports, for example...jeter, arod, brady, manning, ect.

does the "super" indicate an elite level of play or an elite level of attention?

in my opinion, shaq is still an NBA "superstar". more people know his name than they do most "star" NBA players.

but, in terms of guys who are both absurdly productive and popular, the following will suffice:

kobe
lebron
wade
dwight
yao

yes, yao has been hurt...but he is among the most recognizable nba players worldwide and plays well when healthy. there are other guys that might play on the level of those on my list, but they do not demand the attention in the same way. that, to me, separates the "superstars"

thekmp211
12-02-2010, 10:03 PM
I don't think most think of Blake as a star.

he is most certainly a star, right now. superstar? well, thats a different matter. but i'll put it this way, as a non-clipper fan there is precisely one reason why i watch every televized clippers game. and it's not rasual butler.

pd1dish
12-02-2010, 10:19 PM
the current ones are obvious.....

joining: Russell Westbrook, Derrick Rose, Monta Ellis, Blake Griffin, John Wall (maybe), Rondo (if not already), Deron Williams (is underrated by a lot of people, but in reality is a top 3 PG)

THE MTL
12-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Well, I think alot of ppl have superstar and elite mixed up. There are about 10-15 superstars in the NBA now, while only 6 elite players (Bron, Kobe, Wade, Durant, CP3, Howard).

I would include: Melo, DWill, Rondo, Rose, Amare, Duncan, Dirk, & Nash in the superstar list as well.

Bullsfan22
12-02-2010, 11:46 PM
well, i think alot of ppl have superstar and elite mixed up. There are about 10-15 superstars in the nba now, while only 6 elite players (bron, kobe, wade, durant, cp3, howard).

i would include: Melo, dwill, rondo, rose, amare, duncan, dirk, & nash in the superstar list as well.

bingo.

BallinGid3
12-03-2010, 12:09 AM

dwade?

JordansBulls
12-03-2010, 12:16 PM

Barkley, Malone, Ewing weren't superstars???

iCOOKiE MONSTER
12-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Wanted to say this, but I decided to leave it alone.

So, thank you.

Same here
He's BREASTING this year

j/m_ets
12-03-2010, 12:52 PM
rose and wesbrook will be there.

alencp3
12-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Lets be real, real superstars are only Kobe and James, and Shaq was back in the day.

And saying Griffin is like Brand in his rookie year, go and watch a game of him before you write something.

JordansBulls
12-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Lets be real, real superstars are only Kobe and James, and Shaq was back in the day.

And saying Griffin is like Brand in his rookie year, go and watch a game of him before you write something.

Good numbers bad record 20 and 10 players.

Khalifa21
12-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Current:

LeBron James
Dwyane Wade
Kobe Bryant
Chris Paul
Carmelo Anthony
Dwight Howard
Kevin Durant
Dirk Nowitzki

Just below:

Pau Gasol
Deron Williams
Amar'e Stoudemire
Rajon Rondo
Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
Brandon Roy

WolvesJagsOs
12-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Current:
Rose
Kobe
LBJ
Wade
Melo
Howard
Amare
Durant
CP3
D Will
Nowitzki

Will Join:
Gasol
Rondo
Griffin
Love

This.

kblo247
12-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Barkley, Malone, Ewing weren't superstars???

I'd say that the first 2 were, not Ewing. Don't get me wrong he was an all star and hall of fame guy, but he was never close to being one of the best players at his position let alone in the league. That is why I can't call him a superstar. In modern times, I'd say he was like Amare or Bosh in that sense.

kblo247
12-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Current:

LeBron James
Dwyane Wade
Kobe Bryant
Chris Paul
Carmelo Anthony
Dwight Howard
Kevin Durant
Dirk Nowitzki

Just below:

Pau Gasol
Deron Williams
Amar'e Stoudemire
Rajon Rondo
Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
Brandon Roy

I agree with this list, but I'd bump Deron up

MacFitz92
12-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Current:
Kobe
LeBron
Wade
CP3
Deron
Dirk
KD
Melo
Dwight

Upcoming:
Pau
Rondo
Wessy
Rose
Monta

Lower Tier:
J.Johnson
Amare
Nash
Duncan
Pierce
Granger
Bosh

Upcoming (2+ years):
Griffin
Wall

I probably forgot some people, but those are the significant ones.

bmac_121
12-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Current:
Kobe
LeBron
Wade
Durant

Upcoming:
We'll see..

Slimsim
12-03-2010, 06:08 PM
probably Evans and Monta

Super.
12-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Rondo, Rose, Griffin, Love, Westbrook

dtmagnet
12-03-2010, 07:13 PM
"superstar" is just a label that we as fans give players, it is meaningless. Whoever is popular throughout the season will gain that moniker I suppose.

dtmagnet
12-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Good numbers bad record 20 and 10 players.

So their numbers make them similar players? Griffin is based on athleticism Brand is based on skill.

JordansBulls
12-04-2010, 02:54 PM
So their numbers make them similar players? Griffin is based on athleticism Brand is based on skill.

Again, good numbers on bad teams. You won't know if Blake is really a star until the Clippers are a half way decent team record wise.

JordansBulls
12-05-2010, 08:54 PM
I'd say that the first 2 were, not Ewing. Don't get me wrong he was an all star and hall of fame guy, but he was never close to being one of the best players at his position let alone in the league. That is why I can't call him a superstar. In modern times, I'd say he was like Amare or Bosh in that sense.

In no way or shape was he like Amare or Bosh. He was a better version of Dwight Howard for sure. He not only had to deal with Hakeem but DRob yearly. He made 1st team all nba over both in 1990 and was 2nd team a total 6x. Essentially he wasn't 1st team because Hakeem and Robinson generally had a better numbers as they were better than Ewing. And then from 1993 till 1998 he had to deal with Shaq as well. And also led his team to the top seed as the hands down best player on his team.

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Current:
Lebron
Wade
Kobe
Howard
Durant
Paul
Melo
Deron
Rondo
Pau
Dirk

Upcoming:
Rose
Westbrook
Griffin

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Rondo and D Will are definitely current superstars. I mean, what else do you want them to do? They both lead their team to many victories and deep into the playoffs.

On the other hand, Rose is DEFINITELY not a superstar. The Bulls were 33-49 when they got him 3 years ago. Since then, he has "led" the Bulls to a whopping .500 record in both of his seasons, only an 8 win increase. That is not superstar material.

He can one day be a superstar because he is still young and has the ability, but as of right now, its kinda stupid to label him a superstar so prematurely.

bovice163
12-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Rondo and D Will are definitely current superstars. I mean, what else do you want them to do? They both lead their team to many victories and deep into the playoffs.

On the other hand, Rose is DEFINITELY not a superstar. The Bulls were 33-49 when they got him 3 years ago. Since then, he has "led" the Bulls to a whopping .500 record in both of his seasons, only an 8 win increase. That is not superstar material.

He can one day be a superstar because he is still young and has the ability, but as of right now, its kinda stupid to label him a superstar so prematurely.

I will agree with your post for now, because Derrick is still a very young player and has room for improvement. I don't agree with Rondo being a superstar though, because he was basically thrown into a team where he would surely succeed. He is definitely a great player in the league and a top 5 PG, but don't you think playing and learning from 3 HOF guys (4 now) would elevate his play? It's kind of like what happened with MJ and Scottie. Scottie would have never become the player he was without going at MJ in practice, learning mental toughness from him, and many other things that elevated him into the status he holds today. Rondo is an elite PG, but I don't think you can consider him a superstar until he proves he can do it as the man on his team.

JordansBulls
12-09-2010, 08:09 PM

Huh??? What exactly has Rondo led the C's to? I mean they won like only 50 games last year with all of that talent.

deftonesrule
12-10-2010, 03:17 AM
i think when the season is over, felton will be a bondafide superstar if not all star.