PDA

View Full Version : Would Any Objective NBA Fan Be Shocked If The Chicago Bulls Make the 2011 NBA Finals?

ko8e24
11-27-2010, 08:52 PM
Right now, the Bulls are staying afloat, they have stellar all-star play from Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah, Luol Deng is slowly regaining his form from 3-4 yrs ago, the role players are blending and buying into Tom Thibodeau's defensive philosophies and team play, and now all they are expecting is the return of Carlos Boozer.

Bulls fans, settle down, this is mostly for fans of the other 29 NBA Teams. Do you honestly feel that with the championship experience of their head coach, can the Bulls represent the Eastern Conference in the 2011 NBA Finals.

Thoughts...

PS: No hating or insulting Bulls fans will be tolerated. I request a healthy and fruitful discussion on what I think is an interesting topic and scenario to think about.

Gators123
11-27-2010, 08:53 PM
I don't see anyone in the east making it past the Celtics.

ink
11-27-2010, 08:54 PM
I think the Bulls have patiently built a very good team. When Boozer gets back I think we're going to see them go on a run. He's practising for the first time Monday right? Frontcourt of Boozer and Noah should be pretty damn good.

Nowakm33
11-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Its quite possible. However, the Magic, Celtics, and Heat all have their strengths and weakness' also.

Sadds The Gr8
11-27-2010, 08:57 PM
yes.

DamnGoat
11-27-2010, 08:59 PM
I think the Bulls have patiently built a very good team. When Boozer gets back I think we're going to see them go on a run. He's practising for the first time Monday right? Frontcourt of Boozer and Noah should be pretty damn good.
He's practicing Monday, will play his 1st game either against Minnesota or LA (about 2 weeks from now). After the first couple games in December the Bulls have a very favorable schedule, so they should go on a run now that the team is finally healthy.

n83417
11-27-2010, 09:00 PM
I don't see it. I think the Celtics are a much better, deeper team. I think Boozer will be a nice addition, but he will only take shots from Deng. I think this team was getting a nice rhythm with Gibson starting, and their starting five as well as their second unit will lose chemistry when he is inserted, in my opinion.

Niro
11-27-2010, 09:00 PM
bulls over boston,miami and orlando?
yeah

Draco
11-27-2010, 09:01 PM
I'd be surprised because the Finals represents a quantum leap from mostly first round appearances over the last 5 or so years. But sure, with the addition of Boozer, and Korver and development of Rose and Noah and with a healthy in mind and body Deng, it's a possibility.

kArSoN RyDaH
11-27-2010, 09:03 PM
no, only subjective nba fans would be shocked.

kingbrentg
11-27-2010, 09:03 PM
I know I'm a Bulls fan, but I don't think so. Not quite yet. If we're able to add a more respectable starting SG then I definitely think so, but it's close right now.

I don't see us getting past Boston (if they're healthy) at the moment though.

JordansBulls
11-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Right now, the Bulls are staying afloat, they have stellar all-star play from Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah, Luol Deng is slowly regaining his form from 3-4 yrs ago, the role players are blending and buying into Tom Thibodeau's defensive philosophies and team play, and now all they are expecting is the return of Carlos Boozer.

Bulls fans, settle down, this is mostly for fans of the other 29 NBA Teams. Do you honestly feel that with the championship experience of their head coach, can the Bulls represent the Eastern Conference in the 2011 NBA Finals.

Thoughts...

PS: No hating or insulting Bulls fans will be tolerated. I request a healthy and fruitful discussion on what I think is an interesting topic and scenario to think about.

The Bulls are the team the Celtics would like to avoid in the playoffs simply because they have a PG that can go right back at their PG and who can get into the lane. Also we are a good rebounding team as well. Would be an interesting series to say the least. I actually think Boston would be better with Shaq at Center against us than with Perkins.

Also I think for the Bulls to win it all or get to the finals we need Brewer to be that SG or trade for Melo.
Also I think Watson needs to be consistent off the bench with Gibson.

Jays Claw
11-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Although it's unlikely they make it, I wouldn't be surprised. They've got a solid core along with a great defensive-minded coaching staff. The return of Boozer should only help their overall play and there's the slight possibility of them landing 'Melo come February.

chicago lulz
11-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Boston yo

ko8e24
11-27-2010, 09:07 PM
I know I'm a Bulls fan, but I don't think so. Not quite yet. If we're able to add a more respectable starting SG then I definitely think so, but it's close right now.

I don't see us getting past Boston (if they're healthy) at the moment though.

I think you can definitely get past Miami, and even Orlando, if in a 7-game series, Boozer, Noah, Kurt Thomas, and Taj Gibson can annoy the crap out of D. Howard. If that happens, your perimeter players can easily outplay the perimeter (stand-still, lacking peentration, shooters) of the Orlando Magic. Nelson is the only true peentrator on that team, but Rose is >>>> than Nelson. So yes, Boston would be the only road block. But if Boston is not healthy around playoff time, then I think Bulls certainly have a chance.

pd1dish
11-27-2010, 09:09 PM

i know the OP wanted bulls fans to stay out of it, and i understand because he wants to avoid bias answers. however, i agree with you gator. i think that if the bulls met the celtics in the playoffs, it would be extremely difficult to deal with all their big men and depth even with carlos boozer in the lineup. i also dont see the bulls getting past the magic if they met them because i dont see how they could stop dwight howard. noah is a great defender and all, but the strength of howard cant be matched.

Sir Buckets
11-27-2010, 09:10 PM
Just throwing this in here too: we've had the hardest schedule of any team so far.

And, as everyone knows, we don't have Boozer, our 2nd best player, at the moment.

8-6 so far? 3-3 on the brutal Circus Trip? I'll take it!

Once Boozer comes back we're going to be awfully tough to beat. That, and as the season progresses we will almost undoubtedly improve offensively and defensively as our players become more familiar and experienced with Thibodeau's system. We'll can be one of the most complete and balanced teams in the league: elite rebounding, superb defense, and a versatile, hard to stop offense.

We're obviously not the favorites to win the East in most people's eyes, but that will change as the season goes on and more and more people realize how good we are.

In summary, it's definitely possible.

John Walls Era
11-27-2010, 09:11 PM
The Rondo led Celtics will make it through.

majestic
11-27-2010, 09:11 PM
as a bulls fan i wouldnt wanna make it, in sterns league this is kobe's time.. so i dont feel like losing maybe once kobe is older stern will move onto rose and make him a legit star with rings :))

kingbrentg
11-27-2010, 09:12 PM
I think you can definitely get past Miami, and even Orlando, if in a 7-game series, Boozer, Noah, Kurt Thomas, and Taj Gibson can annoy the crap out of D. Howard. If that happens, your perimeter players can easily outplay the perimeter (stand-still, lacking peentration, shooters) of the Orlando Magic. Nelson is the only true peentrator on that team, but Rose is >>>> than Nelson. So yes, Boston would be the only road block. But if Boston is not healthy around playoff time, then I think Bulls certainly have a chance.

That's more or less how I feel at the moment. I think Miami and Orlando are definitely beatable. And if we can bring in a SG improvement (better than Bogans) to start I think it could be another great Boston/Chicago series.

SouljahPhil...
11-27-2010, 09:14 PM
They won't even reach the East finals...I think their ceiling is east semis...

ManRam
11-27-2010, 09:14 PM
Shocked? No. I would be slightly surprised. I think boston and orlando are better, I'm not going to count miami out eithe. they're going to have to step up defensively and I still am skeptical about their outside shooting. They do have a ton of talent. It will be interesting to see how boozer fits in. He could very well put them into define contender status, where I dont think they are quite at now.

tcav701
11-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Hahahaha over half the comments are from bulls fans.....did you read the thread title?

Will the bulls be better than last year? Of course.
Would I be shocked if they make the finals? Of course.

They have to many "what ifs" in order to get past orlando/boston who really only need to stay healthy to best chicago.

Public Enemy #1
11-27-2010, 09:22 PM
I don't see it happening. They have the potential to be a great team when Boozer gets back but I don't see them beating the Celtics.

kingbrentg
11-27-2010, 09:23 PM
Hahahaha over half the comments are from bulls fans.....did you read the thread title?

Did you? It said "objective fans" not "no Bulls fans".

DeyAce
11-27-2010, 09:25 PM
We are a SG away from going all the way.

tcav701
11-27-2010, 09:25 PM
Did you? It said "objective fans" not "no Bulls fans".

Well then you sir are truely one in a million.

redsox0717
11-27-2010, 09:26 PM
Right now there is no evidence at all that the ECF will not be Boston vs. Orlando again

kingbrentg
11-27-2010, 09:30 PM
Well then you sir are truely one in a million.

I like to think so. :)

zambo4president
11-27-2010, 09:31 PM
As a Bulls fan, I know how talented our core is, But we aren't really a championship caliber team for another year or 2 at least IMO. We can play any team in the east a hard series without a doubt. But to answer the question, I wouldn't be shocked because It is possible, Id be more like pleasantly surprised.

Hustlenomics
11-27-2010, 09:31 PM

^

The Bulls are the team the Celtics would like to avoid in the playoffs simply because they have a PG that can go right back at their PG and who can get into the lane. Also we are a good rebounding team as well. Would be an interesting series to say the least. I actually think Boston would be better with Shaq at Center against us than with Perkins.

Also I think for the Bulls to win it all or get to the finals we need Brewer to be that SG or trade for Melo.
Also I think Watson needs to be consistent off the bench with Gibson.

Celtics aint worried about the Bulls if they are healthy the year after that first round battle the Celtics blew the Bulls out when KG was healthy

Badluck33
11-27-2010, 09:35 PM
First, I am SHOCKED to know that JB did NOT start this thread.

Second, the Eastern Conference Finals are VERY likely. Only team I am scared of in the East are the Celtics. Orlando too but not as much. Miami heat don't even know what home court advantage is so I am the least worried about them.

Sir Buckets
11-27-2010, 09:37 PM
^

Celtics aint worried about the Bulls if they are healthy the year after that first round battle the Celtics blew the Bulls out when KG was healthyWe already took you guys to overtime. Without Boozer. In Boston. On the second night of a back-to-back.

Anyone who isn't scared of the Bulls will be by the end of December/mid-January.

JordansBulls
11-27-2010, 09:43 PM
^

Celtics aint worried about the Bulls if they are healthy the year after that first round battle the Celtics blew the Bulls out when KG was healthy

Umm, the Bulls beat the Celtics last year as well. Won in Boston and then in Chicago. Not to mention in 2009 when we played we didn't even have Deng either. Players on our team have improved overall. Guys on the Celtics have not with the exception being only Rondo.

Hawkeye15
11-27-2010, 09:46 PM
yes. I would be very surprised.

tcav701
11-27-2010, 09:47 PM
And the bulls fans take over and try to convince everyone.

bklynny67
11-27-2010, 09:48 PM
i dont think they will, but i cant say i'd be shocked. everyone is saying they wont get passed the Celtics.. well, people dont seem to realize that it is very possible they wont have to play the Celtics. i agree BOS is the team to beat in the East, but it is possible that someone like MIA or ORL could meet them in the 2nd round and beat them, then CHI will have a better chance against one of them.

again, i dont see it happening, but i wouldnt be really surprised.

Hustlenomics
11-27-2010, 09:49 PM
We already took you guys to overtime. Without Boozer. In Boston. On the second night of a back-to-back.

Anyone who isn't scared of the Bulls will be by the end of December/mid-January.

and lost and don't act like Celtics had a full roster either

Umm, the Bulls beat the Celtics last year as well. Won in Boston and then in Chicago. Not to mention in 2009 when we played we didn't even have Deng either. Players on our team have improved overall. Guys on the Celtics have not with the exception being only Rondo.

Celtics also added more players since then

I had too!
11-27-2010, 09:50 PM
Not this year at least. I think an elite defensive team would give them trouble.I don't think adding Boozer automatically makes them all that better. Same thing as in Miami, the individual pieces have to fit for them to be effective. We haven't seen how the Bulls play with Boozer.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-27-2010, 09:52 PM
Heat will get themselves together, Celtics will be healthy by playoffs and Howard will only improve his game. Add to the fact that NY could get Melo(I know Chicago can get him too but then again, Bulls fans were pretty set on that they were going to get LBJ).

They'll make some noise like the Hawks have done the last couple of years but they probably won't make finals. With that said, I will be shocked if they make the 2011 NBA Finals.

goose15
Yes, I would be shocked

D Roses Bulls
and lost and don't act like Celtics had a full roster either

Celtics also added more players since then

and so did the Bulls

bklynny67
11-27-2010, 09:53 PM
Heat will get themselves together, Celtics will be healthy by playoffs and Howard will only improve his game. Add to the fact that NY could get LBJ(I know Chicago can get him too but then again, Bulls fans were pretty set on that they were going to get LBJ).

They'll make some noise like the Hawks have done the last couple of years but they probably won't make finals. With that said, I will be shocked if they make the 2011 NBA Finals.

did i miss something?? or do u mean Melo?

Hustlenomics
11-27-2010, 09:54 PM
and so did the Bulls

and Celtics are still better than the Bulls ..i don't see where you're going here

cambovenzi
11-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Very shocked.

I think boston orlando the miami will end up being significantly better.

Baller1
11-27-2010, 09:57 PM
Yes, I would be surprised.

Hiphopopotamus
11-27-2010, 09:58 PM
I would have been shocked in the preseason, but seeing Rose develop into a monster, along with the Deng, Noah, Boozer front court I can't say I'd be shocked at all. I would be mildy surprised. The Celtics are the clear favorite. However, if the the Bulls upgrade at the 2 guard then all bets are off and teams will be nervous of the Bulls come playoff time.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-27-2010, 09:59 PM
did i miss something?? or do u mean Melo?

Yea that's what I meant.

I'll correct it.

D Roses Bulls
11-27-2010, 10:02 PM
and Celtics are still better than the Bulls ..i don't see where you're going here

I never said they weren't all I said was the Bulls added players as well. simple as that.

ramsizzle
11-27-2010, 10:03 PM

He's saying that the injury to our starter is a bigger loss than perkins is. You're bling to that and hating. This team can definitely beat the c's at fu strength though I don't think it will happen. I will say though the bulls are an OJ Mayo and return of boozer away from being a finals favorite

Sir Buckets
11-27-2010, 10:05 PM
and lost and don't act like Celtics had a full roster eitherSo Shaq + Perkins + West > Boozer?

Hustlenomics
11-27-2010, 10:08 PM
He's saying that the injury to our starter is a bigger loss than perkins is. You're bling to that and hating. This team can definitely beat the c's at fu strength though I don't think it will happen. I will say though the bulls are an OJ Mayo and return of boozer away from being a finals favorite

celtics beat bulls without Perkins AND Shaq this season and the only way Bulls take the Celtics out in the playoffs is if the Celtics have main guys gone due to injury there is no way the Bulls are beating Celtics at full strength c'mon

Baller1
11-27-2010, 10:09 PM
So Shaq + Perkins + West > Boozer?

Yes.

Hustlenomics
11-27-2010, 10:11 PM
So Shaq + Perkins + West > Boozer?

is that a question?

0nekhmer
11-27-2010, 10:11 PM
i do believe they could make the finals. i've watched a couple of their games and from each game they have that championship swag in them. especially rose.

jmlbnks26
11-27-2010, 10:16 PM
Boston is the favorite in the East. If they somehow get knocked off in the playoffs, any of the remaining teams has a shot in the east. In my opinion 2 thru 8 in the East is going to be a battle come playoff time.

Sir Buckets
11-27-2010, 10:17 PM
is that a question?Oh my.

Baller1
11-27-2010, 10:23 PM
I find it funny that so many people are already forgetting about Miami.

Hustlenomics
11-27-2010, 10:25 PM

yea Bulls nearly got swept by Lebron alone in the playoffs and now their fans think they can beat anybody and go to the finals

Baller1
11-27-2010, 10:27 PM
yea Bulls nearly got swept by Lebron alone in the playoffs and now their fans think they can beat anybody and go to the finals

It's possible, but I don't see them getting by Boston, Orlando, or Miami.

CB29
11-27-2010, 10:31 PM
here's the thing... They have a dynamic pg in rose...a solid sf & sg in deng and brewer and two amazing bigs in noah and boozer.... they have excellent rebounders, and exceptional wing defenders.... It's a very complete team when you look at it and korver can be a solid contributor off the bench along with taj gibson who imo is one of the leagues most underrated players... I wouldn't be surprised if they challenge the celts but i doubt they can beat... i can see them taking miami though if that happens in the east final... celts have too much experience... bulls should be around tho at that time and could surprise someone...

Eagles4Lyfe
11-27-2010, 10:36 PM
if its not a boston lakers rematch ill b really shocked

jmlbnks26
11-27-2010, 10:38 PM

LOL! Are you serious. They can win to. But it is some deep holes on that fantasy squad to.

_KB24_
11-27-2010, 10:41 PM
I was saying this since the off-season, that the Bulls are my sleeper pick. They have good depth, toughness, outside shooting, rebounding, and a good coach. They can match up with any team in the league. Their front-court with Boozer in the fold is going to be one of the most feared and dangerous in the league. Watch out for those Baby Bulls! ;)

ink
11-27-2010, 10:42 PM
Imagine a Lakers-Bulls final in PJ's final season.

DeyAce
11-27-2010, 10:49 PM
^ That would be sick

TO Rapz
11-27-2010, 10:56 PM
I absolutely will not be shocked if they make the finals. In fact I think they re definetly a top 3 team in the East maybe even top 2. They have all the right pieces to build around. A young superstar PG who does everything, a hustle rebound guy who will play his heart out night in and night out, a guy in Boozer who will also help out a lot and VERY good role players surrounding their core. I honestly think they ve put themselves in a better situation with Boozer then they would of with the diva LeBron.

Raph12
11-27-2010, 10:59 PM
It's all about matchups and quite frankly, I think Boston's too stacked at every position for anyone to dethrone them in the East... I think LA threepeats.

JordansBulls
11-27-2010, 11:02 PM

:clap:

Sir Buckets
11-27-2010, 11:03 PM
I absolutely will not be shocked if they make the finals. In fact I think they re definetly a top 3 team in the East maybe even top 2. They have all the right pieces to build around. A young superstar PG who does everything, a hustle rebound guy who will play his heart out night in and night out, a guy in Boozer who will also help out a lot and VERY good role players surrounding their core. I honestly think they ve put themselves in a better situation with Boozer then they would of with the diva LeBron.Ladies and gentlemen, THIS.

DieHardCubFan
11-27-2010, 11:08 PM
I watch every bulls game and I honestly think they have the material to make a run at the NBA Championship

koreancabbage
11-27-2010, 11:15 PM
I watch every bulls game and I honestly think they have the material to make a run at the NBA Championship

homerism at its finest.

i get you - you love your team and all, but they are not deep enough to make a serious run. I'd say maybe conference finals is their potential right now.

No way you win with Deng as your premier wing guy- no focus at all.

tcav701
11-28-2010, 12:07 AM
As long as they kings aren't in the east they've got a shot.

OA SLAY
11-28-2010, 12:12 AM
yes!

avrpatsfan
11-28-2010, 12:23 AM
I wouldn't be shocked at all. They have the players to do it. Derrick Rose is a top 5 NBA point guard that should get even better, 2 great bigs (Noah and Boozer) and good outside shooting. They have a great coach as well. There is no reason why they shouldn't be a very good team now and in the future. The only problem for them is the Celtics, Heat, and Magic are tough to beat and make the road tougher but they definitely could.

SouthSideRookie
11-28-2010, 12:32 AM
I was saying this since the off-season, that the Bulls are my sleeper pick. They have good depth, toughness, outside shooting, rebounding, and a good coach. They can match up with any team in the league. Their front-court with Boozer in the fold is going to be one of the most feared and dangerous in the league. Watch out for those Baby Bulls! ;)

+1 The Bulls have been developing some nice chemistry, they probably need to upgrade their 2, but as we have seen it's better to have chemistry rather than the "most talented players"(Heat). I would not be suprised at all.

ko8e24
11-28-2010, 01:27 AM

Weird thing, Phil beat the Lakers for his 1st title 20 yrs ago, lol

effen5
11-28-2010, 01:42 AM
Question for the Celtic fans...would the Bulls be the last team you guys would want to play in a 7 game series?

If I was a Celtic fan, I would try to avoid the Bulls at all costs...IMO, Bulls match up with the Celtics well and even if the C's pull off the win in a 7 game series, they will be gassed as hell on the next round....agreed or disagreed? And remember for all you other fans....we already took the Celtics into OT again earlier this season in another epic game. So its not like we'll get blown out either.

BTW, Celtics vs Bulls > all entertainment wise.

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-28-2010, 01:44 AM
With this squad we can challenge a team like Boston and make it a great series but probably won't beat them. But...if we can upgrade at SG and find a good player there who can defend and score, that could very well put us over the top, we won't need Melo.

Hustlenomics
11-28-2010, 01:46 AM
Question for the Celtic fans...would the Bulls be the last team you guys would want to play in a 7 game series?

If I was a Celtic fan, I would try to avoid the Bulls at all costs...IMO, Bulls match up with the Celtics well and even if the C's pull off the win in a 7 game series, they will be gassed as hell on the next round....agreed or disagreed? And remember for all you other fans....we already took the Celtics into OT again earlier this season in another epic game. So its not like we'll get blown out either.

BTW, Celtics vs Bulls > all entertainment wise.

no, Magic and Heat would be more of a problem

fadedmario
11-28-2010, 01:54 AM
nope.

kilgore2345
11-28-2010, 01:54 AM

Pretend that you can be objective...nevermind.

Chacarron
11-28-2010, 02:04 AM
Wouldn't be shocked, but it would amaze me.

SchyGuy11
11-28-2010, 02:08 AM
as a bulls fan i am more scared of orlando than boston, i think we can beat the celtics

Hustlenomics
11-28-2010, 02:15 AM
as a bulls fan i am more scared of orlando than boston, i think we can beat the celtics

Bulls have no chance against a healthy Celtics team I'm sorry to bring you guys to reality

Draco
11-28-2010, 02:26 AM

I know right.. Knick fans shouldn't be allowed to make predictions on winning. ;)

effen5
11-28-2010, 02:27 AM
Bulls have no chance against a healthy Celtics team I'm sorry to bring you guys to reality
Are we seriously doing this again?

Do you not remember 2 years ago

"Celtics sweep"
"bulls have no chance"

etc.....

Just stop.

Sasuke11
11-28-2010, 02:28 AM

Thank you for providing another moronic post I had to read. I can't wait for the bulls to play the heat so people like you will wake the **** up and realize we are the better team.

Bulls Celts ECF 7 games no doubt. More than likely a rematch of last years Finals though LAL/BOS.

effen5
11-28-2010, 02:28 AM

I think we just match up well against the Celtics, Orlando always kicks the **** out of us. I would like to avoid that at all cost.

justinnum1
11-28-2010, 02:31 AM
Are we seriously doing this again?

Do you not remember 2 years ago

"Celtics sweep"
"bulls have no chance"

etc.....

Just stop.

Was that when KG was hurt?

ChiSox219

I bet this guy feels stupid.

kilgore2345

Actually, you aren't really grounded in reality either; you're dealing in a hypothetical just as much as Bull's fans are. Except your reasoning is, surprisingly, much worse. Your assumption pretty much boils down to the Celtics have beaten the Bulls in the past, therefore they will beat them in the future. For the most part, terrible reasoning.

Now, let's move on from the past and into this season and look at current circumstances and try to form a more cogent hypothesis.

Sox72
11-28-2010, 02:32 AM

Huh?

bodupp311
11-28-2010, 02:34 AM
I bet this guy feels stupid.

:laugh2:

Draco
11-28-2010, 02:38 AM
Your assumption pretty much boils down to the Celtics have beaten the Bulls in the past, therefore they will beat them in the future. For the most part, terrible reasoning.

I don't know if that was his assumption but I also don't know how he's certain about "no chance" without even seeing how Boozer plays with the Bulls. But as I said earlier, these guys annually predict .500 win seasons and playoff appearances for the Knicks.. so take it with a grain of salt. ;)

ChicagoWind1
11-28-2010, 02:43 AM
Was that when KG was hurt?
Little kid voice,Your team is 0-2 with or without so keep your 2 cents.

LeBroom
11-28-2010, 02:48 AM
Anything can happen in the Playoffs. It's not like there are just 4 teams in the East..

kilgore2345
11-28-2010, 02:50 AM
I don't know if that was his assumption but I also don't know how he's certain about "no chance" without even seeing how Boozer plays with the Bulls. But as I said earlier, these guys annually predict .500 win seasons and playoff appearances for the Knicks.. so take it with a grain of salt. ;)

Of course, I disagree, I do think that is his assumption. If you think about, it really is indicative of how sports' fans think, especially when it comes to good teams. Not much consideration is given to changes that are made to other teams; unless they are dramatic (i.e. the Heat).

Any way, it is poor/lazy reasoning and not objective; being objective was the task here. I read posts by Bull's fans that make good arguments why they would be surprise. Better yet, they explain why they think the Bulls aren't exactly championship quality (because the Bulls start a D-Leaguer at the 2).

The poster is free to cherry pick and deride, and I am free to critique his objectiveness.

JasonJohnHorn
11-28-2010, 02:51 AM
I would be surprised a little, but I wouldnt be shocked. With Deng, Boozer and Noah in the frnt court, they have a solid combo of scoring, rebounding and defence, and Rose... he's just one of the best point guards in the league, so you gotta love their chances.

I would love to see Chicago and Orlando in a seven game series, to see Noah and Howard throwing elbows and trying to break down the door to get every rebound, and seeing Chi-town play Boston would be a real treat as well. Miami, not so much, because it wouldnt even be a contest with the mis-matches at center and point guard.

Jonathan2323
11-28-2010, 02:53 AM
No chance. How about getting out of the 1st round first.

ChiSox219
11-28-2010, 02:56 AM

This thread is about the Chicago Bulls, not the Miami Heat.

Jonathan2323
11-28-2010, 02:58 AM
This thread is about the Chicago Bulls, not the Miami Heat.

judging by your response that what you want to make it into.

Miami Heat proven players

Bulls unproven

stlbest5in2013
i think they are right behind boston and orlando, and way ahead of the maimi frauds, ( i love every minute of the 3 primadona queens in miami struggling to play as a team).

that said they do not need melo, they need a legit defensive minded SG that can not only shoot the 3 at a good clip, but create his own shot off of the dribble.

if they acquire that type of player, and keep their current rotation togther, then no i would not be shocked.

but until then i see boston and orlando being the eastern favorites, and i am a bulls fan

kilgore2345

First rate analysis! You care to elaborate why?

kilgore2345
11-28-2010, 03:01 AM

Bulls unproven

What is a "proven player"? Does Bosh count as a "proven player"?

I know you aren't trying to be lazy with your analysis, but you need to find something other than sports' cliches to explain yourself.

effen5
11-28-2010, 03:02 AM

Bulls unproven

chill bro....everyone on your team is...so why don't you.

effen5
11-28-2010, 03:03 AM
What is a "proven player"? Does Bosh count as a "proven player"?

I know you aren't trying to be lazy with your analysis, but you need to find something other than sports' cliches to explain yourself.

you sir need to post more often.

ChiSox219
11-28-2010, 03:07 AM

Bulls unproven

U sad?

DRose7
11-28-2010, 03:43 AM
Bulls will make it to the ECF but will not beat the celts, as long as we are weak on the SG position...and have ****ing JOHN LUCAS III on the team (-_-)...once those things are changed we are in bizzness...as ive been saying over the summer MIA, ATL, and ORL have too many weakness to make it to the ECF this year, unless Bulls and Celts face off early

Geargo Wallace
11-28-2010, 03:44 AM
this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTt-mxip59A

nitric
11-28-2010, 03:54 AM
Their floor is the 2nd round and their ceiling is the ECF. No they will not make the Finals unless they have a massive upgrade at the SG position. I would kill for a Ray Allen at the two on this team

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-28-2010, 04:25 AM

Someone is...MAD

hehe

Sly Guy
11-28-2010, 04:31 AM
this.
too big, too tough, and rondo is rose's equal on the floor. And I don't see orlando taking boston either, so I would be very surprised to see the Bulls in the final.

JB0B0
11-28-2010, 04:39 AM
Boston probably comes out of the East but I think we can give them a run for their money

Kuya_Clive
11-28-2010, 04:40 AM

Bulls unproven

Not trying to be mean but all Miami has proven is that Bosh wants to chill, and that they simply are not the 70 win team many people predicted. They are definitely a good team, ecf with Miller back, but not the team to beat in the East. Also, how are the Bulls "unproven?" Ever since drafting Rose, the Bulls have been a playoff team each year. If anything, this year's Miami team is more unproven "as a team" than the Bulls. The Bulls have had their core players for more than one year unlike the Heat. Oh yeah, I also think Boston will rep the East in the Finals. They are very deep and have great team chemistry.

bklynny67
11-28-2010, 04:42 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, THIS.

of course u say that. ur a bulls fan.. that guy said they are definitely top 3, maybe top 2... thats gettin a little crazy. BOS, ORL, and MIA will finish ahead of them. maybe even ATL. that makes them top 5, MAYBE top 4.

bklynny67
11-28-2010, 04:43 AM
Boston probably comes out of the East but I think we can give them a run for their money

i love hearing this from MIA "fans" now, cuz they were all saying they were the best in the East easily and were winnin the finals this yr. now they are like, "we can give them a run for their money"... lol its great.

i bet those 3 dont think its gonna be so easy to go through this league like they said when they signed. they eattin their words so far.