PDA

View Full Version : Al Jefferson awfully emotional after beating Lakers.

JordansBulls
11-27-2010, 04:08 PM
Link (http://lakers.ocregister.com/2010/11/27/jefferson-awfully-emotional-after-beating-lakers/44214/)

SALT LAKE CITY ó Check out Utah Jazz center Al Jeffersonís reaction to beating the Lakers on Friday night, and realize how much he wanted this one Ö

ďI havenít beaten the Lakers in probably six years, since I left Boston, and I havenít been in a playoff game in six years and it felt like a playoff game. Every possession counted. Kobe Bryant being who he is, and we were down, we fought back, we didnít give up. We won against all odds. It was just amazing, man. Iím overwhelmed. Itís never been like this before, and to be a part of this. It just meant a lot to me.Ē

Jefferson was acquired by the Jazz in its big move to compete this season after saying bye to Carlos Boozer. Jefferson had 20 points and eight rebounds in the Jazz victory, but I wasnít real impressed by his defense most of the game.

krest213
11-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Like My man Mr. Omar would say
"TRAGGIC"

Corey
11-27-2010, 04:21 PM
JB, how is this even threadworthy?

A guy is happy he won a game against a team he hasn't won against in a really long time.

That's news worthy?

Sixerlover
11-27-2010, 04:21 PM
:cry:

Sir Buckets
11-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Good for him. He's swimming in a figurative Scrooge McDuck money pool... of happiness.

eXpLiiCt
11-27-2010, 04:24 PM
Like My man Mr. Omar would say
"TRAGGIC"

Lmao.

Super.
11-27-2010, 04:27 PM
JB, how is this even threadworthy?

A guy is happy he won a game against a team he hasn't won against in a really long time.

That's news worthy?

Exactly. another pointless JB thread

sargon21
11-27-2010, 04:36 PM
nice to see

Baller1
11-27-2010, 04:55 PM
Good for him. He hasn't really been on a good team, has he?

Seguin
11-27-2010, 04:58 PM
Good for him. He hasn't really been on a good team, has he?

04/05 Celtics, his rookie year won 45 games, was the best team he's been on

ko8e24
11-27-2010, 04:59 PM
Screw all the JB haters!

Baller1
11-27-2010, 05:02 PM
04/05 Celtics, his rookie year won 45 games, was the best team he's been on

Ahhh, alright. I thought he might have had an alright year with them, but still nothing special. He's gotta be feeling great being on such a good team in Utah.

Chronz
11-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Who gets to choose whats deemed acceptable or newsworthy? This is something I didnt know, you guys pass it off as something every player would feel after defeating a team he hasnt in forever but not alot guys care that much about the game. Its good to know he does

Corey
11-27-2010, 05:12 PM
Screw all the JB haters!

I'm not hating on JB, he makes a **** ton of good discussion.

I just don't see how a thread on Al Jefferson being happy has a point.

Corey
11-27-2010, 05:13 PM
Who gets to choose whats deemed acceptable or newsworthy? This is something I didnt know, you guys pass it off as something every player would feel after defeating a team he hasnt in forever but not alot guys care that much about the game. Its good to know he does

Yes, and we have team forums for articles JUST like this one.

Hawkeye15
11-27-2010, 05:15 PM

why you being such a JB hater? :)

its nice to see Al winning some games.

topdog
11-27-2010, 05:16 PM
It's a big deal because he's been a good player on a crappy team for basically his whole career. Any recognition in the past came with a backhanded "on a bad team": he's putting up great numbers... on a bad team, he looks like an allstar... on a bad team.

True, the Wolves ended up just wanting to move him, but just as much if not more Al silently wanted to be moved. Guys who truly love the game can only take losing so much.

King Of Kings
11-27-2010, 05:16 PM
lol thats cool it being the regular season and all...:rolleyes:

topdog
11-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Plus, discussion of Al Jefferson brings up such questions as: Is this the year that the Jazz make it to the finals? Is he the x-factor or was Boozer better? Can Sloan teach him to hold his own on defense or will he eventually be exploited by Phil Jackson's basketball acumen?

Corey
11-27-2010, 05:31 PM
Plus, discussion of Al Jefferson brings up such questions as: Is this the year that the Jazz make it to the finals? Is he the x-factor or was Boozer better? Can Sloan teach him to hold his own on defense or will he eventually be exploited by Phil Jackson's basketball acumen?

Well, you asked the question, so what do you think?

I dont think this team has enough defense to make the finals, personally.

AI4MVP
11-27-2010, 05:44 PM
i have no problem with this thread, but if theres going to be this thread, then why the **** do mods close some threads that are far more thread worthy then this **** and a mod gets to keep this up.

PSD is a ****ed up place

Chateamsfan
11-27-2010, 05:45 PM
Anything is possibleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

Corey
11-27-2010, 05:46 PM

Anyone else care to answer this poster's question?

Chateamsfan
11-27-2010, 05:49 PM

All of those can be answered with one word... No! :facepalm:

Patman
11-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Thread worthy or not i'm just happy that the guy cares that much about the game, i wasn't sure if he really loves the game and winning, but this bodes well for the Jazz and him, so i'm pretty happy about this commentary.

He looks better the longer the season goes. I hope he get's acclimated until the alstar break that would be important. The defense still looks suspect, hope they can get some consistency there.

So far the season looks good for me Spurs starting good and Jazz looking good despite many new faces and a missing Okur (even though i would like a better defensive big).

Baller1
11-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Thread worthy or not i'm just happy that the guy cares that much about the game, i wasn't sure if he really loves the game and winning, but this bodes well for the Jazz and him, so i'm pretty happy about this commentary.

He looks better the longer the season goes. I hope he get's acclimated until the alstar break that would be important. The defense still looks suspect, hope they can get some consistency there.

So far the season looks good for me Spurs starting good and Jazz looking good despite many new faces and a missing Okur (even though i would like a better defensive big).

That's exactly the way I saw it. It's nice to see him show some passion toward the game.

Eagles4Lyfe
11-27-2010, 06:00 PM
i have no problem with this thread, but if theres going to be this thread, then why the **** do mods close some threads that are far more thread worthy then this **** and a mod gets to keep this up.

PSD is a ****ed up place

This.. What can you do lifes not fair:p

hgtiger32
11-27-2010, 06:01 PM
was he crying or something? otherwise idk why its a thread

Chronz
11-27-2010, 06:19 PM
Again how do you make the distinction? Just about every piece of writing in the main forum pertains to a player of a single team, that doesnt mean every bit gos to his team. I for one am happy he posted this here because I sure as hell aint going in the Jazz forum.

Ebbs
11-27-2010, 06:21 PM
I can identify with that it feels good to win every now and then.

ko8e24
11-27-2010, 06:26 PM
I'm not hating on JB, he makes a **** ton of good discussion.

I just don't see how a thread on Al Jefferson being happy has a point.

If Big Al was still on your team, you'd probably having 40 posts in this thread alone sir.

Geargo Wallace
11-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Very emotional. He sounds like LeBron left his team or something.