PDA

View Full Version : Don't expect Nash to be Traded!

John Walls Era
11-27-2010, 01:54 PM
The Suns will have to win all of those games, of course, without Amar'e Stoudemire, who chased his free agent fortune to New York, and that makes the task more daunting, which is why it has been helpfully suggested that Phoenix should trade its 36-year-old point guard.

"I don't care," Nash said. "I don't think it has anything to do with the Suns organization. It's people in other cities. It doesn't bother me. It comes with the league.

"We're in a 24-hour news cycle, so everyone's got to have something out there. It's one of the things that someone could make sense of when our team isn't doing well and it lives on."

It lives on in an age when attention spans are growing shorter than a hummingbird's sneeze and it's fashionable for veteran players -- a la Kevin Garnett and LeBron James -- to pursue individualistic championship dreams as if they were cherries to be placed on top of an ice cream sundae.

"Certain guys are wired different," said Suns coach Alvin Gentry. "Steve's not just chasing a championship for himself. He wants to win a championship for us, with us. That's what he's chasing."

LINK (http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/fran_blinebury/11/26/nash-health/)

Hawkeye15
11-27-2010, 01:55 PM
I love Nash

John Walls Era
11-27-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm glad Nash wants to win with the Suns, but I do expect him to get traded in the future. Its a matter of time.

ball4reel
11-27-2010, 02:13 PM
If more players had his attitude there would be so much more balance in the nba..

m26555
11-27-2010, 02:18 PM
I like how it says Garnett "pursued individualistic championship dreams" even though he never asked out of Minnesota.

Boom.Boom
11-27-2010, 02:27 PM
nash in l.a :drool:

but i respect him for his loyalty.

Hawkeye15
11-27-2010, 02:28 PM
I like how it says Garnett "pursued individualistic championship dreams" even though he never asked out of Minnesota.

seriously

Boom.Boom
11-27-2010, 02:34 PM
seriously

i remember hikm saying '' losing hurts, but what am i gonna do quit, thats not even in my vocabulary''

i think he and the timberwolves mutually agreed it was time to head their seperate ways

More-Than-Most
11-27-2010, 02:34 PM
Just another reason why Nash is my favorite player... Also people expected him to decline and have an off year with the loss of Amare but he is still averaging 19 and 9

John Walls Era
11-27-2010, 05:00 PM

Yes he did. He refused to go anywhere unless he gave the nod. He didn't even want to go to Boston until they got Ray.

As for this thread, Nash will never win unless he goes championship chasing.

m26555
11-27-2010, 06:16 PM
Yes he did. He refused to go anywhere unless he gave the nod. He didn't even want to go to Boston until they got Ray.

As for this thread, Nash will never win unless he goes championship chasing.
No; he didn't. He NEVER asked for a trade. During the entire process, Garnett actually went to the Wolves' FO and asked for a contract extension, but they said no.

For God's sake; Boston got Ray on draft night. The Garnett trade rumors didn't even heat up and become legitimate until mid-July.

ElFuturoDeESPN
11-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Never expected him to be traded, so...

Hunter48MVP
11-27-2010, 08:18 PM
Thats why I like Steve Nash because he is loyal.

John Walls Era
11-28-2010, 06:11 PM
No; he didn't. He NEVER asked for a trade. During the entire process, Garnett actually went to the Wolves' FO and asked for a contract extension, but they said no.

For God's sake; Boston got Ray on draft night. The Garnett trade rumors didn't even heat up and become legitimate until mid-July.

Yes he did ask for a trade. Let me ask you: Why would the Wolves want to trade him at that point?

iggypop123
11-28-2010, 06:27 PM
like their loyalty, but it may also be that training staff that keeps them there. look at grant hill. he is playing well, which is such a head scratcher why he stayed there. i remember he rejected the lakers offer. picked comfort over rings.

Kashmir13579
11-28-2010, 08:10 PM
i love nash

+1