PDA

View Full Version : Andre Iguodala Doesn't Expect to Be a 76er for Long (Cleveland, Houston and New York)

John Walls Era
11-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Andre Iguodala has been around long enough to know he might not be around the Philadelphia 76ers much longer.

The fit isn't there anymore.

He's not good enough to carry a young team just beginning a major rebuilding project -- and probably not patient enough to go through it -- but he's still good enough to have value around the league, fueling the daily speculation about his future.

Getting traded now almost sounds inevitable.

"I would love to stay in Philadelphia, but if I'm playing somewhere else, I definitely understand how that could happen. I know how the business works,'' he told FanHouse Friday night before his Sixers lost to the Heat, 99-90. "You have to be prepared for anything in this league. And I am. It's one of the first things you learn when you get here. Guys get traded on draft night.''

Iguodala, now in his seventh NBA season and all in Philadelphia, has grown weary of the losing. The Sixers (3-13) are the worst team in the Eastern Conference. They won just 27 games last season, and are likely to win even less this season.

They will fail to make the playoffs for the fourth time in his tenure. He never has been past the first round, and it's unlikely to happen with this team anytime soon.

The Sixers are pinning their future hopes not on veterans like Iguodala and Elton Brand, but on their budding young backcourt of Jrue Holiday, 20, and Evan Turner, 22.

His value now revolves more around the draft picks and salary cap relief he can bring in a trade than the points and rebounds he still can provide.

"I feel badly for Andre and Elton and some of our older guys,'' said Sixers coach Doug Collins. "I want this to change so they can taste winning again.''

Iguodala, who played well in a supporting role with USA Basketball at the World Championships this summer, is mired in a frustrating season.

Once a model of durability -- he missed just six games in his first six seasons combined -- he already has missed five this season because of tendinitis in his right Achilles.

He led the league in minutes played two seasons ago, and was second last season. This season he is averaging 36.6 minutes. And after averaging at least 17 points in each of the last four seasons, he is down to just 14.2 points now.

He had 20 points and nine rebounds Friday night, but it wasn't nearly enough for Philadelphia.

Although the Sixers re-signed him as a free agent before last season, believing he could be their centerpiece, his production hasn't matched his salary level. He has four years and $56 million remaining on his contract, making him very expendable.

As an athletic, 6-6 small forward, his skills are similar to Turner, the 6-7 shooting guard. And if Iguodala disappears, the Sixers already have third-year small forward Thaddeus Young awaiting a chance to become a starter.

It all points to a trade. Cleveland, Houston and New York all have expressed interest in his versatility and athleticism, and his skill set now looks more suited to a role as a second or third option.

"Losing like this is tough. It doesn't matter who you're playing with,'' Iguodala said. "I'm here trying to help the young guys. My whole thing is to go out there, and use this as a learning experience. I couldn't ask for a better job. I'm just happy now to be playing ball, wherever that will be.''

LINK (http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/11/26/andre-iguodala-doesnt-expect-to-be-a-76er-for-long/)

John Walls Era
11-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Wouldn't mind having him in Houston. Depends what we would have to give up. Expiring or 2, no draft picks.

netsgiantsyanks
11-27-2010, 01:34 PM
cleveland should definetely look into trading for him.

Hawkeye15
11-27-2010, 01:35 PM
Wouldn't mind having him in Houston. Depends what we would have to give up. Expiring or 2, no draft picks.

yep. Take that Indiana boy, and a pick, and give them another filler.

effen5
11-27-2010, 01:37 PM
in b4 a bulls fan says three way trade for melo, deng to philly, iggy to Denver.

(im a bulls fan btw)

Tony_Starks
11-27-2010, 01:44 PM
I can't believe its taken Philly this long to figure out he's not a franchise player. He would be a very solid piece on a contender, but on a poor team all he will do is get numbers without impacting the game....

NYKNYGNYY
11-27-2010, 01:47 PM
i can see him in cleveland

John Walls Era
11-27-2010, 01:48 PM
TRADE (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=24vjdbj)

Houston gets the 76ers pick this year (top 1 protected) and 76ers gets the Rockets pick next year (or Knicks pick next year).

kntresistheheat
11-27-2010, 01:55 PM
I see him in a cavs uni.

fredo832
11-27-2010, 01:59 PM

Houston gets the 76ers pick this year (top 1 protected) and 76ers gets the Rockets pick next year (or Knicks pick next year).

I think they are looking for younger talent other than Expiring veteran talent. I hate to say it but we would most likely have to give up Probably Brooks and Jordan Hill to make a trade work

tennisoscar1
11-27-2010, 02:01 PM
its time to get rid of him, we all know that. they are just waiting for the best offer available.

Hawkeye15
11-27-2010, 02:02 PM
I think they are looking for younger talent other than Expiring veteran talent. I hate to say it but we would most likely have to give up Probably Brooks and Jordan Hill to make a trade work

nah, they have Jrue. I think it would require an expiring and pick, and maybe Hill

Hawkeye15
11-27-2010, 02:03 PM
its time to get rid of him, we all know that. they are just waiting for the best offer available.

pretty much

Jeff Boyd
11-27-2010, 02:04 PM

No need for Brooks. Hill and Chase might get it done.

DoMeFavors
11-27-2010, 02:05 PM
Knicks wont trade for Iggy unless they know for a fact that Melo isn't going to happend. Cleveland wouldn't be bad since they still get fans in their seats and they arent bad.

poleandreel
11-27-2010, 02:06 PM
to the knicks for landry fields/eddy curry?

philly gets a good young player and an expiring

knicks get another scorer who can create for himself as well as others

tennisoscar1
11-27-2010, 02:06 PM
A couple weeks ago I heard Marcus Thornton, Peja (expiring), and a pick, but that obviously wont happen now since the hornets already traded away their big expiring. I think this was the best deal for us...oh well

TheShock45
11-27-2010, 02:07 PM

No not only will you not get the sixers pick, you won't get speights. If he goes anywhere its going to be for a young player, an expiring and a pick. Only way that differs is to Cleveland, I believe they have multiple 1sts. if the sixers could get two from them, they could go that way.

poleandreel
11-27-2010, 02:08 PM
A couple weeks ago I heard Marcus Thornton, Peja (expiring), and a pick, but that obviously wont happen now since the hornets already traded away their big expiring. I think this was the best deal for us...oh well

new orleans received another expiring in that deal so it could still happen

NYK_kidd77
11-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Yay another player rumored to the Knicks lol.

PC
11-27-2010, 02:11 PM
Pass on Iggy, even if we can't get Melo

tennisoscar1
11-27-2010, 02:14 PM
new orleans received another expiring in that deal so it could still happen

Yeah I forgot they got Banks and his expiring. I feel like the Sixers front office is going to wait this out till around the deadline though...as much as I want Iggy out of here asap.

Rafer17
11-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Imagine him with a good PG. Hope he lands in New Orleans

lvlheaded
11-27-2010, 02:26 PM
I would take Iggy if we knew for a fact that we weren't getting Melo. But the asking price is going to be high for Iggy

DoMeFavors
11-27-2010, 02:29 PM
I would take Iggy if we knew for a fact that we weren't getting Melo. But the asking price is going to be high for Iggy

Probably an expiring a 2nd rounder and a decent player.
For Knicks

Eddy Curry, 2nd rounder, Gallo

Rafer17
11-27-2010, 02:31 PM
Trade (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=28e2ucv)

lvlheaded
11-27-2010, 02:38 PM
Probably an expiring a 2nd rounder and a decent player.
For Knicks

Eddy Curry, 2nd rounder, Gallo

I would prefer to send Anthony Randolph or Wilson Chandler in that deal

Probably gonna have to send the Sixers something better than that

More-Than-Most
11-27-2010, 02:38 PM
nah, they have Jrue. I think it would require an expiring and pick, and maybe Hill

It was already stated a couple weeks ago they will not be looking for expiring as the main return... they want young players or draft picks to be the center pieces... They are already to far over the cap to worry about expiring contracts.

DoMeFavors
11-27-2010, 02:41 PM
I would prefer to send Anthony Randolph or Wilson Chandler in that deal

Probably gonna have to send the Sixers something better than that

Chandler might be able to get that done but I doubt AR would, he is having an awful year and right now dont think they would take him.

Hawkeye15
11-27-2010, 02:42 PM
It was already stated a couple weeks ago they will not be looking for expiring as the main return... they want young players or draft picks to be the center pieces... They are already to far over the cap to worry about expiring contracts.

well, then as much as it pains Philly fans, you will have to sit and wait until near the deadline I would guess. They need to take as many offers as possible, and then take what they deem the best one.

RocketsRule
11-27-2010, 02:50 PM
With the Rockets really struggling at the moment, trading for Iggy might not be such a bad idea. He can bring athleticism (something Houston lacks), versatility, and a possible go-to-guy. If we can land him for our expiring contracts and some young assets (Jermaine Taylor, Patrick Patterson, picks) I'd be all for it.

thedfactor
11-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Wouldn't mind my Mavs looking to get him either a straight deal or 3-way. Mavericks have a good center in Haywood to deal after Dec. 15th, Caron Butler and his 10.8 million expiring, a backup point in Barea, Stevenson's 4.5 million expiring, and two young athletic bigs in Mahinmi and Ajinca.

Might take that 3rd team to toss in a pick.

iCOOKiE MONSTER
11-27-2010, 02:53 PM
If the Knicks get him and Melo...
dammmm, they'll be balling

DoMeFavors
11-27-2010, 02:54 PM
With the Rockets really struggling at the moment, trading for Iggy might not be such a bad idea. He can bring athleticism (something Houston lacks), versatility, and a possible go-to-guy. If we can land him for our expiring contracts and some young assets (Jermaine Taylor, Patrick Patterson, picks) I'd be all for it.

Rockets def have the pieces to get him, Kevin Martin and Courtney Lee might get him.

More-Than-Most
11-27-2010, 02:56 PM
well, then as much as it pains Philly fans, you will have to sit and wait until near the deadline I would guess. They need to take as many offers as possible, and then take what they deem the best one.

Me personally I just want him and his contract gone... I would take anything for him... But I think it was D Lynum here in Philly who reported it... Even if the sixers got a 15 mill expiring contract it would do next to nothing for next year in trying to aquire a free agent worth acquiring. Basically the only option is young players until we can ship out brand or he expires in general.

thedfactor
11-27-2010, 03:01 PM
Rockets def have the pieces to get him, Kevin Martin and Courtney Lee might get him.Is there a way for Dallas to get in on a 3-way with Houston and Philly. Iggy to the Rockets, Martin to Dallas, Lee and Butler to Philly.

DoMeFavors
11-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Is there a way for Dallas to get in on a 3-way with Houston and Philly. Iggy to the Rockets, Martin to Dallas, Lee and Butler to Philly.

Mavericks get everybody so its def possible, every year atleast 1 new good player joins the team, I guess Iggy might be the guy.

gilly
11-27-2010, 03:06 PM
All I want is a lottery pick for him to be honest, gimme a lottery first rounder and maybe a good young big and I am happy. We just need to get rid of the clustershite of player we have. Nocioni, Hawes, Brand (better this year) Songalia, really? And tweeners like Young, Williams, Speights. Not many players I want on this team anymore, I would rather just blow it up and start again with Turner, Jrue, whoever we draft next year, Brackins and Meeks.

thedfactor
11-27-2010, 03:07 PM
Mavericks get everybody so its def possible, every year atleast 1 new good player joins the team, I guess Iggy might be the guy.I'm thinking to Rockets would like Igoudala instead, my Mavericks could really use Martin's shooting and scoring, and Philly gets a nice young player in Lee with decent player in Butler who's expiring saves them big money dumping Iggy.

SchyGuy11
11-27-2010, 03:10 PM
he has been a real cry baby in philly

Meatmypet
11-27-2010, 03:14 PM
Don't want this bum in NY.

Ty Fast
11-27-2010, 03:17 PM
the cavs would be good. they could use their trade exeption they got lebron. iggy and 2 1st for lebron? it still is a crap trade, but sounds better than before

sep11ie
11-27-2010, 03:22 PM
I'm thinking to Rockets would like Igoudala instead, my Mavericks could really use Martin's shooting and scoring, and Philly gets a nice young player in Lee with decent player in Butler who's expiring saves them big money dumping Iggy.

So you think the Rockets would allow themselves to be butt raped WHILE making the Mavs better?

JNore151
11-27-2010, 03:29 PM
vince carter for iggy!!!

gilly
11-27-2010, 03:31 PM
vince carter for iggy!!!

Get me a first round pick from a third team and ship someone like Thad out aswell and I would love this deal... VC is my favourite player all-time, would make me truly happy if he came to my Sixers.

thedfactor
11-27-2010, 03:32 PM
So you think the Rockets would allow themselves to be butt raped WHILE making the Mavs better?Valid point. Martin is a stud and it would probably take more. Lee is also a really good player for the Rockets so maybe another piece would go to Houston.

Do you like having Martin in Houston more than a desire to get Iguodala?

pd1dish
11-27-2010, 03:43 PM
if iguodala goes to NY, does that help or hurt the chances of them landing carmelo?? as a bulls fan, i want everything to happen that can hurt their chances so that chicago gets the edge, but i cant figure out how iguodala would affect the situation.

xbrackattackx
11-27-2010, 03:46 PM
Iggy can play shooting guard if they get melo.

Felton
Iggy
Melo
Amare
Turiaf

Jahari Kavi
11-27-2010, 03:47 PM

my thoughts exactly :clap:

OaklandsFinest
11-27-2010, 03:51 PM

Boston kinda rapes this deal but I think KG mentoring Randolph and Bill Walker has always been a talent I thought didnt play enough.

checkit
11-27-2010, 03:52 PM
The fit isn't there anymore.

He's not good enough to carry a young team just beginning a major rebuilding project -- and probably not patient enough to go through it -- but he's still good enough to have value around the league, fueling the daily speculation about his future.

Yeah I find this to be true, I thought he would come around but as of this season i just don't see it happening (carrying the 76ers). I think he would be more valuable on a contending team like the Mavs.

checkit
11-27-2010, 03:55 PM

not bad

bringinwood
11-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Iggy can play shooting guard if they get melo.

Felton
Iggy
Melo
Amare
Turiaf

Are they going to trade MSG to get this done ???

I'm not sure if they have enough to get Iguodala or Melo by themselves let alone both of them...

BenFrank
11-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Houston trade
Lowry ( from philly/nova )
Battier (Expring)
Hill
NY 1st round pick (2012)

Philly Trade
Iggy
Speights

Trade save's philly money... with gettin a tuff pg in Lowry, and a risin talent in hill, Houston get's a little tuffer, and might have to consider movin on from the Yao era, if this season don't go well

John Walls Era
11-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Is there a way for Dallas to get in on a 3-way with Houston and Philly. Iggy to the Rockets, Martin to Dallas, Lee and Butler to Philly.

Why would the Rockets want to include the MAvs?

John Walls Era
11-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Houston trade
Battier (Expring)
Hill
NY 1st round pick (2012)

Philly Trade
Iggy
Speights

Trade save's philly money... with gettin a tuff pg in Lowry, and a risin talent in hill, Houston get's a little tuffer, and might have to consider movin on from the Yao era, if this season don't go well

no way.

John Walls Era
11-27-2010, 04:00 PM
not bad

no its bad. 76ers are getting ripped off.

dturpin598
11-27-2010, 04:00 PM
The Mavs will definitely be trying to get him. Cuban has been trying to get him the past 2 years. He and Dirk would be an awesome 1-2 punch.

HouRealCoach
11-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Jeffries, Hill, Lee, Taylor, Knicks First Rounder, Future Second Rounder for Iggy, Meeks, 2 Second Rounders...

Yao/ Miller
Scola/ Patterson/ Hayes
Iggy/ Battier
Martin/ Chase/ Meeks
Brooks/ Lowry/ Smith

Sixerlover
11-27-2010, 04:07 PM
If I was Thorn talking to NY wouldn't be an option unless we are taking all of their talent. Helping to pair Iguodala - Anthony - Stoudemire would come back to kill you for years.

Cleveland - TPE created by LeBron + Hickson + Top 10 protected 1st

Houston - Battier's expiring (bought out return to Houston), Budinger, Hill NYK 2012 1st for Iguodala is something I'd sign off on.

thedfactor
11-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Why would the Rockets want to include the MAvs?Makes sense they would want to avoid dealing with Dallas whether directly or indirectly. However, Houston is struggling right now with Brooks and Yao. Brooks you can count on, Yao not so much. Iggy would help for sure, but you could argue losing Martin and Lee hurts more. Idk was just an idea.

THE MTL
11-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Why does New York want Iggy?

bringinwood
11-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Houston trade
Battier (Expring)
Hill
NY 1st round pick (2012)

Philly Trade
Iggy
Speights

They definitely don't need an expiring or a PG...

The Sixer's will be looking towards getting a solid young big...

sep11ie
11-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Valid point. Martin is a stud and it would probably take more. Lee is also a really good player for the Rockets so maybe another piece would go to Houston.

Do you like having Martin in Houston more than a desire to get Iguodala?

The only thing I don't like about Martin is his inability to stay healthy. I also don't see him being the go to guy(which is Houston's main problem, too many 2nd-3rd option players). Iggy would be a nice compliment to him though, I just think it would be kinda pointless to replace one with the other. Lee is off to a slow start and turning the ball over a lot, but he's young and on learning his 3rd new system in his 3rd year in the league. He has a chance to be a strong role player and is very cheap.

DaddyCool
11-27-2010, 04:20 PM
As a 76er fan, I'd want atleast the following in return for Iggy:
A young big man with potential (ex. Jordan Hill, J.J. Hickson)
Expiring Contract/Trade Exception

Anything else is a bonus.

Chronz
11-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Rockets def have the pieces to get him, Kevin Martin and Courtney Lee might get him.
Morey would want to pair Iggy WITH Kevin, they compliment eachother perfectly. The deal for Iggy would be Battier, Lee, JJ + Picks/Chase/Hill

Wouldn't mind my Mavs looking to get him either a straight deal or 3-way. Mavericks have a good center in Haywood to deal after Dec. 15th, Caron Butler and his 10.8 million expiring, a backup point in Barea, Stevenson's 4.5 million expiring, and two young athletic bigs in Mahinmi and Ajinca.

Might take that 3rd team to toss in a pick.

No chance the Sixers want Haywoods deal. Wrong mixture of expiring contracts and no prospects

MiamiWadeCounty
11-27-2010, 04:26 PM
iggy is a good player

phillyphan4
11-27-2010, 04:33 PM
If I was Thorn talking to NY wouldn't be an option unless we are taking all of their talent. Helping to pair Iguodala - Anthony - Stoudemire would come back to kill you for years.

Houston - Battier's expiring (bought out return to Houston), Budinger, Hill NYK 2012 1st for Iguodala is something I'd sign off on.

I'd do this trade in a heartbeat

bringinwood
11-27-2010, 04:45 PM
What about Sac ???

I'd rather have Cousins than Hickson...

Trade Iguodala, 2011 (protected top 3) 1st rounder for Casspi and Cousins ???

Sacremento has Sammy D to go along with Iguodala, Reke, Garcia and Landry... That starting 5 could compete for a 5-8 spot in the west...

Kashmir13579
11-27-2010, 04:50 PM
i don't want him.

disgruntledbull
11-27-2010, 04:58 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2b8z4vp
just the main pieces picks and other players would have to be thrown in as well

John Walls Era
Makes sense they would want to avoid dealing with Dallas whether directly or indirectly. However, Houston is struggling right now with Brooks and Yao. Brooks you can count on, Yao not so much. Iggy would help for sure, but you could argue losing Martin and Lee hurts more. Idk was just an idea.

I rather lose some value than trade with a division rival.

John Walls Era
What about Sac ???

I'd rather have Cousins than Hickson...

Trade Iguodala, 2011 (protected top 3) 1st rounder for Casspi and Cousins ???

Sacremento has Sammy D to go along with Iguodala, Reke, Garcia and Landry... That starting 5 could compete for a 5-8 spot in the west...

Kings won't do that. I rather have Cousins than AI.

masTOR_shake1
11-27-2010, 05:01 PM
eff. probably the right thing for the 6ers to do. as a raps fan though I hate to see philly trading iggy, it might gaurantee they will finish last and scoop up a great pic unless he was a real nightmare for their chemistry.

t_money25
11-27-2010, 05:03 PM
Utah should get in the race for Iggy. AK-47 has an expiring contract and Iggy could help Utah contend in the west.

bringinwood
11-27-2010, 05:04 PM

I can't see the sixers trading one player ( who is virtually the same player ) for the exact same player...

Deng for Iguodala is pretty much a wash...

If the Sixers are going to trade Iguodala before the deadline, they are going to have to win the deal...

If they don't, they'll just deal him during the offseason when more teams ( with more cap flexibility ) will be apt to deal...

lvlheaded
11-27-2010, 05:05 PM

The Sixers would want to dump salary and get a young talent back for Iggy, why would they add a less talented, just as expensive version of him in Deng?

alencp3
11-27-2010, 05:17 PM
I dont think Rockets should give up on Hill he is looking good so far

thedfactor
11-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Most likely Iguodala moves in a multiple team team, 3-team or so. Cause it seems Philly wants more than just an expiring veteran in return. This means Philly can either get an expiring with a young player or 1st rd pick. And some teams that want him will have either the player and/or pick to make it happen, but will need a third team to satisfy everyone.

Obviously Iggy is tired of losing and the 76ers seem willing to possibly meet his non-official desire to be traded. So they should be fine with dumping his salary for an expiring and a decent young player OR draft pick.

John Walls Era
11-27-2010, 05:43 PM
AI has been bad this year. I don't think the 76ers will get the value they want.

drobe86
11-27-2010, 05:47 PM
maybe the Mavs can do something for Caron Butlers expiring and a 1st round pick...

OA SLAY
11-27-2010, 06:24 PM
knicks should pass, only because of contract.

mgeise
11-27-2010, 06:45 PM
I think he ends up in Cleveland.

I don't think New York will seriously pursue unless there is no chance of Melo coming to town. I think he could fit with Amare as the first option, but his contract doesn't fit right now.

76erEaglePhils
11-27-2010, 06:52 PM
not badDid you even look at the trade it's fn horrible.

76erEaglePhils
11-27-2010, 07:00 PM
Cleveland has the pieces I would want right now to make a deal.

Hunter48MVP
11-27-2010, 07:10 PM
Cleveland seem see like the best fit for Andre Iguodala

goose15
11-27-2010, 07:35 PM
Knicks should just wait for Melo, dont trade Eddy's expiring yet

IndiansFan337
11-27-2010, 09:05 PM
cleveland should definetely look into trading for him.

The Cavs need a go-to scorer. Iguodola has proven he is not that guy. He is not what they need & he would tie up potential salary cap space for years to come.

John Walls Era
11-27-2010, 10:39 PM
Has he reached his ceiling?

Korman12
11-27-2010, 11:09 PM
Cleveland or Houston may have the pieces.

dturpin598
11-27-2010, 11:36 PM
The Mavs will have a chance only because I think they will be the only team that would take Brand in the deal.

Mavs get: Iggy and Brand
Philly gets: Butler, Beaubois, Stevenson, and Haywood

Philly would get 2 expiring contracts, Roddy B is a real nice prospect, and Haywood is a C that is a bad contract swap for Brand's terrible contract.

Chronz
11-27-2010, 11:40 PM
The Mavs will have a chance only because I think they will be the only team that would take Brand in the deal.

Philly would get 2 expiring contracts, Roddy B is a real nice prospect, and Haywood is a C that is a bad contract swap for Brand's terrible contract.
You there, guy with sound logic. Post more often

Thats the kind of grandfather trade a team without alot of assets could make, the only downpart is that the Sixers are already loaded with PG phenoms. Still it would be easier to move them than Brand.

Raph12
11-27-2010, 11:49 PM
VC for Iggy... Gives the Sixers a potent scorer with veteran experience and he's an expiring so they can rebuild without him; Iggy would give the Magic some much needed defense on the wing, some extra rebounding and a slasher who could attack and create for others.

dturpin598
11-27-2010, 11:49 PM
You there, guy with sound logic. Post more often

Thats the kind of grandfather trade a team without alot of assets could make, the only downpart is that the Sixers are already loaded with PG phenoms. Still it would be easier to move them than Brand.

Thanks, I just joined this site today. Well the thing with Roddy is he is more of a scoring guard than a passing guard. He will probably end up playing off the ball the majority of the time. He shoots the 3 well, is lighting fast and can finish at the rim. If Turner and Jrue start, he and Lou would be an awesome backup guard combo.

jeter 2
11-28-2010, 12:07 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2c8bz4c

D/w not complicated lol but the picks are going to be the 2014 nyk pick to the cavs. thoughts?

Chronz
11-28-2010, 12:22 AM
Thanks, I just joined this site today. Well the thing with Roddy is he is more of a scoring guard than a passing guard. He will probably end up playing off the ball the majority of the time. He shoots the 3 well, is lighting fast and can finish at the rim. If Turner and Jrue start, he and Lou would be an awesome backup guard combo.
Yea but long term do you really think they would move Iggy for a backup piece? Im sure they will flip one of their combo guards for a better fit at some point. Kind of hard to find minutes in a 4 guard rotation, especially when some dont have the height to defend the 2.
Still if Roddy's potential is as good as people think, then it becomes more of a deal in favor of Philly, rarely do teams sending away the star get equal value so if Roddy is in the deal then I would assume the least Cuban asks for is Lou. Which is why I dont think he needs to be included if your taking Brands contract off their books. I say this without knowing the duration of their deals so I could be wrong.

Still welcome to PSD, where the masses are quick to point out how wrong you are without reason, but the intelligentsia keep you comin back. Some really great posters here once you weed out the trolls

zambo4president
11-28-2010, 12:24 AM
New York and Cleveland would be nice fits for Iggy. Someone should pony up and make a move for him, he's worth it.

aaronmckie
11-28-2010, 12:53 AM

I think Dallas would be taking on too much money for that to work. And I know they wouldn't want to take replace Chandler with Haywood to make it work in trade checker.

metsfanssince05
11-28-2010, 01:09 AM
I woudnt mind Iggy on the Knicks, he sure would help us.

Kiss Ma Grits
11-28-2010, 01:25 AM

Noooooo way!! Not if it's gonna cost Cleveland the TPE, Hickson, AND a top 10 first pick lmbo! no way! bwahahahaha Man if he was worth all of that, then the 76er fans wouldn't be willing to part with him. If I'm Cleveland, ALL I'm offering is the TPE. Other then that, I'd tell Philly to eat his salary then.

nysportsfan23
11-28-2010, 01:52 AM
From a knicks perspective, this makes no sense whatsoever, unless there is 100% confirmation that melo is not an option.
I guess your looking at a big three of amare, iggy, and williams/paul or amare, iggy, felton, and gallo in that scenario. Maybe top 5 in east, but not a contender.

John Walls Era
11-28-2010, 02:27 AM
76ers won't get a lot. I would be surprised if they get back a 1st rounder. AI's contract is brutal.

JayW_1023
11-28-2010, 04:54 AM
Why don't they just trade Iggy for Mayo and a future draft pick.

gilly
11-28-2010, 07:45 AM

I'd take this. This would be good, we shed our two worst contracts and get a solid center, young piece and expirings, and we could try and resign Butler for cheap to replace Iggy (or tutor Harrison Barnes :cool:).

hawaii808papi
11-28-2010, 08:58 AM
Bad Trade Idea, Because you are giving up 2 good players in Butler and Haywood and 1 good possibly great player in beaubois. for 1 great player in Iguodala and one injury prone player in Brand.

Raidaz4Life
11-28-2010, 09:25 AM
I think Iggy would be the PERFECT fit in Cleveland. I guarantee that Cleveland would be a playoff team if they managed to acquire Iggy.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2cphmuu
maybe throw in a first going to Philly as well.

blahblahyoutoo
11-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Do NOT want him in New York.
He doesn't add any value to the team. Chandler has more upside than him. Fields is just a rookie and has huge potential.

joeboow90
11-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Hope the Knicks dont trade for him. He is exactly the type of player we DONT need on the knicks. Im praying the knicks dont do anything stupid and trade for that bum.

dturpin598
11-28-2010, 06:01 PM
I think Dallas would be taking on too much money for that to work. And I know they wouldn't want to take replace Chandler with Haywood to make it work in trade checker.

It worked when I did it in the trade machine. I used Marion instead of Haywood since their salaries are similar, and Haywood is available till December. If this actually works, I have no clue but that is how I came up with the deal.

John Walls Era
11-28-2010, 06:12 PM
I think Iggy would be the PERFECT fit in Cleveland. I guarantee that Cleveland would be a playoff team if they managed to acquire Iggy.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2cphmuu
maybe throw in a first going to Philly as well.

76ers won't do that. If you add in a pick then I don't think the Cavs would want to do that. Has to be top 10 protected.

dturpin598
11-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Bad Trade Idea, Because you are giving up 2 good players in Butler and Haywood and 1 good possibly great player in beaubois. for 1 great player in Iguodala and one injury prone player in Brand.

I know it is a lot but Cuban has to put a really good player next to Dirk. Iggy would be the best player Dirk's played with, besides a young Nash. But the Mavs have to try to win now because Dirk has only a few years left and the team looks like it is 1 piece away.

Totally agree that Dallas is giving up a lot, but they have to get a big name to contend otherwise they will be 1 and done in the playoffs the next few years.

BkOriginalOne
11-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Cavs
Wizards
Mavericks
Hornets
Warriors would be nice

Mplsman
11-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Iggy would look good with Amare in NY.

John Walls Era
11-28-2010, 06:56 PM
I don't think AI is all that good. Especially not this season. Great as a 2nd option though. Overpaid.

ElMarroAfamado
11-28-2010, 06:59 PM
Clippers should trade Kaman for him straight up ....we could use another Corey Maggette type player

John Walls Era
11-28-2010, 07:01 PM
Clippers should trade Kaman for him straight up ....we could use another Corey Maggette type player

Why would they do that? Kaman is better. 76ers would agree in a heartbeat

Crackadalic
11-28-2010, 07:02 PM
i was all for iggy but then i thought about that contract and thought it isnt worth it rather sign melo in the offseason and still keep our core players minus wilson chandler

Sixerlover
11-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Noooooo way!! Not if it's gonna cost Cleveland the TPE, Hickson, AND a top 10 first pick lmbo! no way! bwahahahaha Man if he was worth all of that, then the 76er fans wouldn't be willing to part with him. If I'm Cleveland, ALL I'm offering is the TPE. Other then that, I'd tell Philly to eat his salary then.

You know top 10 protected means you keep the pick if it is in the top 10 right? And TPE's are meant to either be used in a trade or relinquished to an owner's pocket, doesn't effect cap space. So is there another player in the league that is a tier 1b - 2 talent that you can get for Hickson and a TPE? I don't think so, but if you'd rather keep Hickson that's fine as well.

And it's not "eating his salary" when he's a top 10 SF. The Knicks are "eating" Eddy Curry's salary, the Clippers are "eating" Baron Davis' salary, the Magic are "eating" Rashard Lewis' salary, the Wizards are "eating" Gilbert Arenas' salary. This isn't the same situation at all.

I swear fans become so much more enthralled with "cap space" then GM's are. It doesn't help 90% of the time, it actually hurts. I'd accept a great young prospect and a veteran on a 2 or 3 year deal than a mediocre young prospect and an expiring contract 10/10 times.

blahblahyoutoo
11-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Iggy would look good with Amare in NY.

no he wouldn't.
he doesn't bring anything additional to NY other than a fat contract.

John Walls Era
11-29-2010, 01:50 AM
Iggy in New York doesn't make any sense to me.

29$JerZ
11-29-2010, 02:00 AM
Iggy in New York doesn't make any sense to me.

It's because he sucks on the perimeter and we already have a play maker and forwards with size who can slash and also hit the 3.

I honestly don't see why NY would even trade for him.