PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin: All-Star??

Cavs_Fan24
11-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Alright we've all seen what Blake Griffin brings to the table as far as athletism, skill, and flat-out passion for the game. My question is this. Is Blake Griffin an allstar this season? If so does he have a chance to start? I know that there are a lot of other good forwards in the west like: melo (for now), dirk, Duncan, etc. But as a fan how don't you vote for this guy? He is lighting it up and watching him play he looks pretty comfortable out there. I wouldn't have thought that he's a rookie IMO.

So, what are your thoughts and opinions on Blake Griffin's all-star capabilities?

All-star this season for sure, good chance to start.
All-star this season for sure, probably could start.
Maybe an all-star, don't see him starting though.
Not an all-star this season.

Sorry guys I apologize I wanted to put a poll but I forgot to check that little box so I kinda screwed the thread up a bit there... Haha sorry so if a mid or something could fix this (idk if they can??) and put the 4 options that I put here I would greatly appreciate it. :)

Mochalman
11-27-2010, 10:16 AM
is he all-star caliber? yes. will he be one this year? nope.

seikou8
11-27-2010, 10:26 AM
yeah why not

Cavs_Fan24
11-27-2010, 10:32 AM
yeah why not

Great opinion bro. You really know basketball.

Everyone give it up for this guy!! Can I get a woot woot??

:crickets:

97NYer
11-27-2010, 10:32 AM
Absolutely. Top 5 PF in the league. Actually, I can't think of anyone better than him besides Dirk and Pau, so top 3.

seikou8
11-27-2010, 10:48 AM
please what ever name is i know that blake is averageing 19 points a game
and 11.4 rebound his field goal percentage is 51 and top 5 pf in the nba right now
who onthe cavalivers will an all star nobody

Boom.Boom
11-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Great opinion bro. You really know basketball.

Everyone give it up for this guy!! Can I get a woot woot??

:crickets:

and the douche bag awards got to. ....

:clap:

D Roses Bulls
11-27-2010, 10:50 AM
Absolutely. Top 5 PF in the league. Actually, I can't think of anyone better than him besides Dirk and Pau, so top 3.

he's putting up good numbers on a bad team which they shouldn't be a bad team but are. didnt we have this discussion about brook lopez before? hell then we should make scola a all star since he is putting up 21.5 and almost 10 rebounds to blakes 19 and 11. I would still put dirk, pau, duncan(he's actually winning) Horford(which I know he is playing center a lot, but is actually a PF) Garnett, Amare and maybe even millsap over him. also you cant include him right now, but you gotta include boozer when he comes back. sorry but im not ready to jump on the band wagon after 15 games or so. I'm going by which players actually help their teams win, not by personal stats and high light dunks.

seikou8
11-27-2010, 10:54 AM
well sometimes good player from bad teams make the all star team

barreleffact
11-27-2010, 10:56 AM

who are both in the west so you just disproved your own answer

Cavs_Fan24
11-27-2010, 11:00 AM
please what ever name is i know that blake is averageing 19 points a game
and 11.4 rebound his field goal percentage is 51 and top 5 pf in the nba right now
who onthe cavalivers will an all star nobody

Yet we still win. We about a .500 team with no all-star. Maybe mo Williams. JJ hickson will be an all-star later on his career. Idc if we don't have allstars. I don't even care if we lose. I care if we give up and stop playing hard which we haven't all season.

I'm a proud, and loyal cavs fan and I can say that confidently.

Now back to Blake griffin, I know those stats are pretty beast, but idk if I would put him ahead of amare yet. But with those stats it hard not too. I have to agree tho top 5 pf. no doubt.

seikou8
11-27-2010, 11:05 AM
knicks have two all star and the better team

seikou8
11-27-2010, 11:06 AM
cavs can make playoffs

Hawkeye15
11-27-2010, 11:12 AM
nope. His team is horrible, and he will be overlooked as a rookie. Pau, Dirk, Love, Milisap, for instance, are having as good or better seasons, and are established

No need to worry Griffin fans. I forsee many all star games in his future.

John Walls Era
11-27-2010, 11:13 AM
He actually could. A lot of media hype

Cavs_Fan24
11-27-2010, 11:15 AM
knicks have two all star and the better team

Amare and....??

PhillysPhinest
11-27-2010, 11:16 AM
If he keeps this up, he should absolutely be an all star. The way he's been scoring lately he could be averaging 22 by the time the break comes around, and I don't see him rebounding any less... dude is a beast, although he could use some work on his free throw shooting. I have a serious man crush on Blake Griffin

Hawkeye15
11-27-2010, 11:19 AM
while many of you think its justified to put him on there, tell me the last time a rookie from a 6-28 team went to the all star game for example.

PhillysPhinest
11-27-2010, 11:23 AM
I dont like to like at the past, if his numbers justify it, then it is good enough for me

Byronicle
11-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Blake Griffin is a freak, he is an All - Star but he will not become one this year because of seniority

Dee Boone
11-27-2010, 11:31 AM
I think that he could no doubt be a starter..if he becomes the starter early in the season he may have a good shot at it an all-star game! but if he doesnt i do have to say that its because his team is not winning!

zambo4president
11-27-2010, 11:32 AM
He's got the numbers. But a rookie is making it over, Pau, Dirk, TD or even Aldridge and Scola? Yeah not buyin in to that.

Hawkeye15
11-27-2010, 11:34 AM
I dont like to like at the past, if his numbers justify it, then it is good enough for me

the past tells us what we need to know though. There have been TONS of worthy all star candidates left off for being on bad teams, and for being rookies. The voters figure they will get their turn.
And as a Wolves fan, seeing Al Jefferson left off for 2 straight years when he was going for 23-11, I really don't think Blake belongs there. They need to be consistent if they are going to screw worthy players from bad teams. That is one case. Everyone on here can give you another

Hawkeye15
11-27-2010, 11:37 AM
and quite honestly, Blake making it over Love at this point of the season would piss me off entirely.

Draco
11-27-2010, 11:38 AM
I'd rather see Blake than any PF in the west.

BALLER R
11-27-2010, 12:02 PM
that guy is going to be a superstar, someone needs to get him off the clippers because I dont think he's going to become a superstar playing for that team

Hunter48MVP
11-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Blake Griffin is already showing he is a superstar. I hope he makes it, but it is unlikely.

JasonJohnHorn
11-27-2010, 12:18 PM
Sure. 20/10, over 50% from the field and close to three assists a game without cuasing too many turnovers. Sounds like an all-star calibre performance to me.

tredigs
11-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Not. A. Chance.

Last rookie to be an all star? Shaq (averaging 28 and 14 with 3.4 bpg). Before him? Jordan. Let that soak in for a minute...

Not even sure Tim Duncan, who was a much better player out of the gate and played on a winning ball club (while winning Rookie of the Month every month of the year) was an All-Star.

If Blake was turning the Clippers into a winning ball club while being a force on defense (averaging 1+ steal and 3+ blocks a game) then you'd have to consider it. But, obviously those couldn't be farther from the truth.

There's not many players I get more excited to watch right now, but the bottom line is that even if you're worthy of it, there is a seniority list that you have to crack. And Blake really isn't worthy of that discussion.

At the forward slot: Durant, Melo, Love, Pau, Dirk > Griffin. Then he'd still have to fight with Lemarcus Aldridge, Rudy Gay, Scola, TIM (who still, at this age with limited minutes, is the far better player and perennial All-Star), etc.

In summation? He's awesome, but a resounding NO.

edit: I checked, and it looks like Duncan made it. So that means Tim Duncan, Shaq and Jordan were the most recent rookie All-Stars? Gonna be tough to back that one up if you're a BG fan...

Hawkeye15
11-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Not. A. Chance.

Last rookie to be an all star? Shaq (averaging 28 and 14 with 3.4 bpg). Before him? Jordan. Let that soak in for a minute...

Not even sure Tim Duncan, who was a much better player out of the gate and played on a winning ball club (while winning Rookie of the Month every month of the year) was an All-Star.

If Blake was turning the Clippers into a winning ball club while being a force on defense (averaging 1+ steal and 3+ blocks a game) then you'd have to consider it. But, obviously those couldn't be farther from the truth.

There's not many players I get more excited to watch right now, but the bottom line is that even if you're worthy of it, there is a seniority list that you have to crack. And Blake really isn't worthy of that discussion.

At the forward slot: Durant, Melo, Love, Pau, Dirk > Griffin. Then he'd still have to fight with Lemarcus Aldridge, Rudy Gay, Scola, TIM (who still, at this age with limited minutes, is the far better player and perennial All-Star), etc.

In summation? He's awesome, but a resounding NO.

you basically put my opinion in a far better way haha.
But that is just it. There is too much seniority ahead of him, and they just don't put rookies, and players on crappy teams, in the game most the time.

Hellcrooner
11-27-2010, 12:57 PM
Tim and Pau show you his rings and their 1 -2 Seeds , Dirk shows you an impresive Career.
Some Respect Thanks.

The Apprentice
11-27-2010, 01:27 PM
If the west wasn't stacked with power forwards he would be a all star this year.

THE GIPPER
11-27-2010, 01:30 PM
IMO blake is the best pf in the league after duncan and pau. So ya he should be an all star

tredigs
11-27-2010, 01:35 PM
IMO blake is the best pf in the league after duncan and pau. So ya he should be an all star

I won't even get into the other guys, but Dirk Nowitzki is somewhere crying with laughter right now.

Chacarron
11-27-2010, 02:56 PM
The All-Star game is about showing the fans what they want to see. I'm sure every single person who watches basketball games would love to see Griffin in the all-star game regardless of his team's records. Since Yao will most probably miss the All-Star game after being elected by the fans, there will be an extra spot for Griffin because most likely the forwards voted in and selected by the GMs for the West will be Gasol (who would move to Center), Duncan, Nowitzki, Durant and Carmelo. The guards in for sure will be Paul, Kobe, Nash and Williams. Since the GMs vote for the reserves, Griffin will certainly have a shot to be selected.

IndiansFan337
11-27-2010, 08:58 PM
Alright we've all seen what Blake Griffin brings to the table as far as athletism, skill, and flat-out passion for the game. My question is this. Is Blake Griffin an allstar this season? If so does he have a chance to start? I know that there are a lot of other good forwards in the west like: melo (for now), dirk, Duncan, etc. But as a fan how don't you vote for this guy? He is lighting it up and watching him play he looks pretty comfortable out there. I wouldn't have thought that he's a rookie IMO.

So, what are your thoughts and opinions on Blake Griffin's all-star capabilities?

All-star this season for sure, good chance to start.
All-star this season for sure, probably could start.
Maybe an all-star, don't see him starting though.
Not an all-star this season.

Sorry guys I apologize I wanted to put a poll but I forgot to check that little box so I kinda screwed the thread up a bit there... Haha sorry so if a mid or something could fix this (idk if they can??) and put the 4 options that I put here I would greatly appreciate it. :)
His stats will be worthy, but with their team so low in the standings I don't see it happening this yr. He will be for the next decade or so, starting next year.

Baller1
11-27-2010, 10:15 PM
No way, not this year. But I would love it, he's so fun to watch.

samevans7
11-27-2010, 10:37 PM
This is how I could see it. Bold denotes the starters

EAST:

C: Dwight Howard, Andrea Barganani, Joakim Noah, Al Horford
F: Amare Stoudemire, LeBron James, Danny Granger, Paul Pierce
G: Derrick Rose, Dwayne Wade, Rajon Rondo, John Wall

WEST:

C:Tim Duncan, Al Jefferson
F: Pau Gasol, Kevin Durant, Kevin Love, Blake Griffin
G: Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant, Deron Williams, Russell Westbrook

Toss up between G Eric Gordon, F Rudy Gay, F Dirk Nowitzki, and G Monta Ellis for the 12th spot