PDA

View Full Version : Why is there such a lack of Superstars on bad teams?

DoMeFavors
11-26-2010, 10:21 PM
5 years ago bad teams would have future hall of famers, and all stars. Now it seems like just the top teams have the all stars and the bad teams have nobody.

Ray Allen- was on Supersonics
Kevin Garnett- was on Timberwolves
Vince Carter- was on Nets
Chris Bosh- was on Raptors
Paul Pierce- was on bad Celtics team

Right not I cant think of any bad teams with veteran all stars except Pistons who have T-Mac but he isnt close to what he use to be, is this just because of the change in times? It seems like great players now just dont like to be on bad teams, it used to be fun to watch those games.

2010 NBA EAST ALL STARS

Allen Iverson - bad team on Philly
Dwyane Wade - made playoffs
LeBron James - made playoffs
Kevin Garnett - made playoffs
Dwight Howard -made playoffs
Joe Johnson - made playoffs
Rajon Rondo - made playoffs
Derrick Rose - made playoffs
Paul Pierce - made playoffs
Gerald Wallace - made playoffs
Chris Bosh - didnt make playoffs but went to Heat right after season
Al Horford - made playoffs
David Lee - bad team on NY

asandhu23
11-26-2010, 10:27 PM
NBA is top heavy and full of players who want to take the easy way out. ahem LeBron

JWO35
11-26-2010, 10:30 PM
HS Players not being allowed to declare for the NBA Draft

Never got why the NBA discontinued it, but if you look at the Superstars today(Durant,Rose,Wall, Griffin) all would have came outta HS...its hard to explain but the NBA talent is 1yr behind of talent compared to the early 00s

Trouble87
11-26-2010, 10:37 PM
give the "bad" teams a chance to develop their young talent.... they might not have legit superstars but they have stars in the making

topdog
11-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Transitional time. The old superstars are out of their primes and banding together, while younger players are casting off hype and solidifying themselves as stars. Plus, there has been a lot of lotto luck for teams that barely missed the playoffs i.e. Portland, OKC and Chicago.

Boom.Boom
11-26-2010, 10:43 PM
5 years ago bad teams would have future hall of famers, and all stars. Now it seems like just the top teams have the all stars and the bad teams have nobody.

Ray Allen- was on Supersonics
Kevin Garnett- was on Timberwolves
Vince Carter- was on Nets
Chris Bosh- was on Raptors
Paul Pierce- was on bad Celtics team

bosh= superstar :laugh2:

Geargo Wallace
11-26-2010, 10:56 PM
1. there are very few "superstars" in this league.
2. There are many good players on good teams. that's why some teams are bad and some are good.

Iodine
11-26-2010, 11:02 PM
Im going to not be a smartass on this.
It's just too easy

Matrix3132
11-26-2010, 11:05 PM
HS Players not being allowed to declare for the NBA Draft

Never got why the NBA discontinued it, but if you look at the Superstars today(Durant,Rose,Wall, Griffin) all would have came outta HS...its hard to explain but the NBA talent is 1yr behind of talent compared to the early 00s

How would HS players not going straight to the nba effect the percentage of super stars on bad teams? Those players were all better after having a year of college and when drafted, usually all go to "bad" teams.

Kevj77
11-26-2010, 11:13 PM
There aren't enough superstars in the NBA for every team to have one. Most of them want to win because that is how superstars are judged.

aman_13
11-26-2010, 11:32 PM
bosh= superstar :laugh2:

It's funny how you point out Bosh when he never said he was a superstar.

gjsii13
11-27-2010, 12:00 AM
Current athletes would prefer to "take their talents to South Beach"

Hawkeye15
11-27-2010, 12:34 AM
The Wolves were a bad team when KG was there? huh

the answer is, bad teams don't have superstars. They may have players who eventually turn into superstars (then they win), or players who used to be superstars, but tell me the last time a top 5 player was on a 25 win team. There are going to be extreme exceptions, but bad teams don't have superstars.

ElMarroAfamado
11-27-2010, 12:49 AM
cause teams wanna do what the celtics startd to beat hte Lakers haha
but some fail miserably like the heat....

had each of em gone to a different team that be 3 different teams with a "superstar" since they didnt..well...

DoMeFavors
11-27-2010, 12:57 AM
The Wolves were a bad team when KG was there? huh

the answer is, bad teams don't have superstars. They may have players who eventually turn into superstars (then they win), or players who used to be superstars, but tell me the last time a top 5 player was on a 25 win team. There are going to be extreme exceptions, but bad teams don't have superstars.

In the last couple of the years there, and I dont only mean top 5 players I mean multi time all stars who are on non playoffs teams.

kArSoN RyDaH
11-27-2010, 01:01 AM
dont forget to add kobe to that list. he was carryin the lakers.

but a lot of them are grouped now a days. that's why i like the 96 draft class.

Sixerlover
11-27-2010, 01:06 AM
AI was on some **** sixers teams, T-Mac and the bad Magic teams, Kobe and the bad lakers, etc I get your point.

Hawkeye15
11-27-2010, 01:09 AM
In the last couple of the years there, and I dont only mean top 5 players I mean multi time all stars who are on non playoffs teams.

all stars are not superstars. We simply have a misunderstanding. Superstars are top 5 players, and they don't play for bad teams.

But I get the point of the thread. And its worth discussion, no doubt

cambovenzi
11-27-2010, 01:10 AM
When over half the teams make the playoffs its going to be rare when a "superstar" misses the playoffs.
Superstars usually contribute to a lot of wins.
Along with that we have had some stars come together on superteams like the lakers celtics and heat.
the bad teams also rebuild and traded away their older stars and get upcoming new ones like griffin, rose, wall etc.

NYKNYGNYY
11-27-2010, 01:20 AM
Im going to not be a smartass on this.
It's just too easy

yea im glad you changed my mind