PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Players Retiring

kArSoN RyDaH
11-26-2010, 01:53 AM
Just a quick question:

How would you feel seeing your favorite player retiring?

or if you already have,

How did you feel seeing your favorite player retiring?

For me, i think it's going to be a sad day in Los Angeles when Kobe retires, but how do you anticipate yourself feeling when your favorite players like Shaq, Duncan, Nash, Kobe, Pierce, Carter, Lebron, Wade retire? or how did you feel when your favorite players like magic, bird, ewing, wilkin, ewing, barkley, robinson, kareem retired?

kingbrentg
11-26-2010, 01:55 AM
Sad when I saw Scottie Pippen retire.

Then once Kirk Hinrich retires, I'm going to feel really old.

RayRay
11-26-2010, 01:57 AM
Basketball will never be the same with out Jordan. I still miss watching him. :(

bigsams50
11-26-2010, 02:07 AM
Just a quick question:

How would you feel seeing your favorite player retiring?

or if you already have,

How did you feel seeing your favorite player retiring?

For me, i think it's going to be a sad day in Los Angeles when Kobe retires, but how do you anticipate yourself feeling when your favorite players like Shaq, Duncan, Nash, Kobe, Pierce, Carter, Lebron, Wade retire? or how did you feel when your favorite players like magic, bird, ewing, wilkin, ewing, barkley, robinson, kareem retired?

I've had my favorite player in the NFL retire (Curtis Martin), and it sucks. But eventually you get a new favorite player.

As for the NBA, it'll be a sad day when KG calls it quits

kArSoN RyDaH
11-26-2010, 02:09 AM
I've had my favorite player in the NFL retire (Curtis Martin), and it sucks. But eventually you get a new favorite player.

As for the NBA, it'll be a sad day when KG calls it quits

I loved Tim Brown as a kid. I was super sad when he retired. Sadly i was a big John Elway fan as a kid too and when he retired i hated everyone. lol. i was only 8 or 9 or 10 but yeah.

My favorite player right now is Kobe and i think i'll cry! LMAO! i love kobe to death man. it's gonna suck.

Mochalman
11-26-2010, 02:11 AM
I will feel grateful watching a class act and a sure hire hall of famer play in Tim Duncan play.

Geargo Wallace
11-26-2010, 02:32 AM
Timmy D

MJ-BULLS
11-26-2010, 02:37 AM
it was sad when Jordan retired in his last stint with the bulls in the 90's. :(

kArSoN RyDaH
11-26-2010, 02:38 AM
mj-bulls

yeah i didn't really watch him but man he was worshipped. i remember all the commercials and stuff for him. and then his last all star game. crazy.

asandhu23
11-26-2010, 02:39 AM
Shaq is one of my favorite players.... when he retires, it will be a sad day. sadly that day is very close

MJ-BULLS
11-26-2010, 02:55 AM
mj-bulls

yeah i didn't really watch him but man he was worshipped. i remember all the commercials and stuff for him. and then his last all star game. crazy.

yeah. i didn't grew up seeing MJ's first 3 peat, but i will say i wished i had the chance to see it. :cry:

but i was lucky enough to witness the second 3 peat. :clap:

effen5
11-26-2010, 02:56 AM
It sucked when Phil said this was the last dance at Grant Park....

MJ's last stint with the Bulls :(

Raph12
11-26-2010, 03:01 AM
When Jordan left, I was gonna stop watching basketball... Then he came back and I was ecstatic!... Then he left and I was heartbroken... Then he came back and I was overwhelmed with joy... Then he sucked and left again... I'm waiting for his return to this day. ;)

kArSoN RyDaH
11-26-2010, 03:09 AM
When Jordan left, I was gonna stop watching basketball... Then he came back and I was ecstatic!... Then he left and I was heartbroken... Then he came back and I was overwhelmed with joy... Then he sucked and left again... I'm waiting for his return to this day. ;)

hahaha i remember him saying not too long ago that he could still play against some of these guys today and school em. lmao. that would be epic.

i just know that my family was in shock at the 03 all star game. they dont even watch basketball but they knew about michael jordan.

Raph12
11-26-2010, 03:21 AM
hahaha i remember him saying not too long ago that he could still play against some of these guys today and school em. lmao. that would be epic.

It's funny he should say that because in his two years at Washington, his stats saw a significant drop across the board. Playing against the athletes of this generation would be too much for a 40-something Jordan. He would've been smart to retire after the 2nd three-peat and just be on his way.

i just know that my family was in shock at the 03 all star game. they dont even watch basketball but they knew about michael jordan.

Dude I grew up watching MJ and he kept me up late at night just thinking about the type of games he was having. Truly the GOAT bar none, that guy's combination of talent, work ethic, athleticism, drive, will, leadership, etc was just unparallel throughout history.

Kevj77
11-26-2010, 04:01 AM
Huge Magic Johnson fan watched him growing up. When he announced his retirement because he had HIV it was so sad. Not only because he was my favorite player, but everyone thought he would be dead in a few years.

Htownballa1622
11-26-2010, 01:41 PM
It'll be sad to see shaq , kobe, nash, duncan, t mac(feels like he retired), and ray allen. BUT I am counting the days until kobe retires so the lakers can hopefully be normal lol...i cant wait for kg and paul pierce to retire. Matter of fact...i cant wait until even rondo retires lol :) .

Oh and grant hill looks like he'll be playing until 2020. He and mcdyess.

Baller1
11-26-2010, 01:51 PM
It's not going to be as bad because he's no longer on my team, but I don't want to see Ray Ray leave. I ****ing love that man.

jasondrobinson
11-26-2010, 02:01 PM
super sad seeing david robinson retire but his last game was for the title so it was the best way to go out.

Rentzias
11-26-2010, 02:05 PM
I don't feel overly affected when individual favorite players retire; I like good legacies, so when Elway retired, I was glad it was at the top of the game, and I pretended like MJ's Wizard Era never existed. I feel it more when a player with a distinctive move/trait retires, i.e. Joe Sakic, and I thought, "I'm never gonna see another wrist shot like that again," or when Barry Sanders retired, and you knew there wouldn't be another guy who eluded defenders on a run play as though he was returning a punt or kickoff.

Hawkeye15
11-26-2010, 02:07 PM
I am 35. Seen a bunch of my favorites retire. It makes you feel old really, nothing more. When KG retires, I will officially feel old.

Hawkeye15
11-26-2010, 02:08 PM
I think its much sadder watching your favorite player the year they hit that sharp decline actually

Drewlius
11-26-2010, 02:18 PM
super sad seeing david robinson retire but his last game was for the title so it was the best way to go out.

+1

For me, it's going to be a sad day when Timmy D & Kobe are both out of the league. Those are the two guys have who have been running things since I've been mature enough to understand the game of basketball. They definitely are two different animals, but both have been nothing less than dominating & competitive.

Zefflin
11-26-2010, 02:45 PM
When Kobe and Timmy D and Nash, Kidd retire, I will be a saaad panda.

Luckally I'll have a bunch of other players/teams to follow...

Hangtime
11-26-2010, 02:52 PM
Yet Jordan still dropped 50 on these young cats with the Wizards. That was amazing.

Ty Fast
11-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Priest Holmes

Ty Fast
11-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Yet Jordan still dropped 50 on these young cats with the Wizards. That was amazing.

plus he had like 46 the game before or after. i dont remember.

Ty Fast
11-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Priest Holmes

sorry wrong sport. i seen this thread in the nfl one and ment to put it in that one.

goose15
11-26-2010, 03:12 PM
sucked watching the end of Ewing career with the Sonics & Magic and when he finally called it quits

llemon
11-26-2010, 03:28 PM
Wilt went out like a D-bag. He just quit.

I was very sad when Bobby Jones and Julius Erving retired.

Hawkeye15
11-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Wilt went out like a D-bag. He just quit.

I was very sad when Bobby Jones and Julius Erving retired.

I remember watching him when I was really young. He was one of my Dad's favorite players. Erving and Bird.

stawka
11-26-2010, 03:43 PM
I think its much sadder watching your favorite player the year they hit that sharp decline actually

I gotta agree with you on that one, especially being a Shaq fan. Love him or hate him, it'll be a sad day when he retires and that's when I'll REALLY feel old. I stopped following Jordan coz of that man, but his years in Phoenix and Cleveland were hard to watch, luckily he's playing well for his age atm

Hawkeye15
11-26-2010, 03:45 PM
I gotta agree with you on that one, especially being a Shaq fan. Love him or hate him, it'll be a sad day when he retires and that's when I'll REALLY feel old. I stopped following Jordan coz of that man, but his years in Phoenix and Cleveland were hard to watch, luckily he's playing well for his age atm

I absolutely have hated the Spurs since 1992-3 or so. Over time, I grew to respect them, but I still hate them. But I have to say, watching Tim Duncan so far this year makes me sad. He looks about done. I hate seeing that.

momoneyyyy
11-26-2010, 04:04 PM
im gonna miss dirk when he retires there really hasnt been a big like him and i think there never will be!

FadeAwayLikeMJ
11-26-2010, 04:18 PM
The day Walter Ray Allen retires will be horrible for me.

i was 10 years old when he finished up at UCONN, and being born and raised in CT, even that broke my heart lol. i was more excited when we landed Ray than KG.

and of coarse as a Celtics fan i can only pray he retires in Green.

netsgiantsyanks
11-26-2010, 04:25 PM
when jason kidd retires, i will cry. i defientely miss him in a nets jersey. and when derrick favors retires, i'll be sad because i'll be one old *** person.

stawka
11-26-2010, 06:25 PM
I absolutely have hated the Spurs since 1992-3 or so. Over time, I grew to respect them, but I still hate them. But I have to say, watching Tim Duncan so far this year makes me sad. He looks about done. I hate seeing that.

Yeah I've hated the Spurs since the Robinson era and that hasn't changed for me. I've never liked Duncan because he bores me, but he's a damn good player and has my respect. When Duncan/Shaq/Kobe/Kidd etc retire it'll be sad -- like all the 90's are completely gone

gilly
11-27-2010, 03:16 PM
I hope VC gets a ring before he retires, he's my favourite player so I hope Orlando go all the way this year, then VC comes and plays for Philly for a seaso before he retires :cool: