PDA

View Full Version : Ricky rubio

Mlbrules21
11-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Hey everyone, so everyones heard about Rubio, Twolves drafted him but he thought he wasnt ready so he stays in barsalona or where ever. Is he coming to the US and NBA? Is he suppose to go to the wolves? The wolves could use him, embarrasing 21 point lead against the spurs yesterday then they blew it in over time, they really need this guy, any news on him?

tredigs
11-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Hey everyone, so everyones heard about Rubio, Twolves drafted him but he thought he wasnt ready so he stays in barsalona or where ever. Is he coming to the US and NBA? Is he suppose to go to the wolves? The wolves could use him, embarrasing 21 point lead against the spurs yesterday then they blew it in over time, they really need this guy, any news on him?

http://dunkingwithwolves.com/2010/05/12/ricky-rubio-update/

The Wolves No. 5 pick from last years draft, Ricky Rubio, is back in the news as member of the recently crowned Euroleague Champion, Regal FC Barcelona. Rubio played 17 minutes and ended with 9 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, and 5 turnovers in the win of Greek’s Olympiacos.
I have not been following Rubio all season, but I have checked in every once in a while to see his stats and have only seen bits of games online.
Here is a quick rundown of his stats this season and you can get more info from the team website here.
PPG: 6.8
RPG: 2.9
APG: 4.1
SPG: 1.4
2P%: 38.2%
3P%: 35.8%
FT%: 89.3%
He started all 22 games, playing 21 minutes a game, and was named the 2009-10 Euroleague Rising Star. The rising star award recognizes the best player in the league under the age of 22 and the winner is chosen based on voting from the head-coaches in the league.
“One of the most precocious talents in pro basketball history, Regal FC Barcelona point guard Ricky Rubio, has been the overwhelming choice of Euroleague head coaches to receive the 2010 Rising Star Trophy. Rubio, 19, is the only player to have started all 20 Euroleague games for Barcelona, which became just the second team all decade to finish the Euroleague regular season undefeated.”

This may not sound like a big deal, but here is a list of the previous winners of the award:

Novica Velickovic of Partizan
Danilo Gallinari of AJ Milano – Picked 6th in the 2008 draft by New York.
Rudy Fernandez of DKV Joventut – Picked 24th in the 2007 draft by Phoenix. Now in Portland.
Andrea Bargnani of Benetton Treviso – Picked first in the 2006 draft by Toronto.
Erazem Lorbek of Climamio Bologna

While we still don’t know what the Wolves plans are for Rubio, or if he even has a future in Minnesota, it is still nice to check with him and know he is doing alright. It’s like checking on your kid in college and finding out they have not dropout or been arrested.

For more info on Rubio, you can go to his site www.rickyrubio9.com which has an option for English. Or his twitter http://twitter.com/rickyrubio9, not in English.

In summation, he's still progressing, and nobody knows for sure if/when he's coming to the Wolves. But the hope is that he'll be there by 2012.

smith&wesson
11-25-2010, 09:23 PM
I dont care who the pick is. if it takes years for the kid to finally come play in the nba, while he is getting older and older whos to say it wont take him further years to develope in to a nice nba player, and by the time he reaches his potential he'll aready have dipped in to his prime years.

whats the point ?
should have just picked someone else.

specially since the t wolves are a young squad and ricky could have developed with the rest of the youngsters. now by the time he comes his pears will be in theyre prime and he will still be a rookie. a 25 year old rookie lol jk jk.

eric1501
11-25-2010, 09:51 PM
I dont care who the pick is. if it takes years for the kid to finally come play in the nba, while he is getting older and older whos to say it wont take him further years to develope in to a nice nba player, and by the time he reaches his potential he'll aready have dipped in to his prime years.

whats the point ?

specially since the t wolves are a young squad and ricky could have developed with the rest of the youngsters. now by the time he comes his pears will be in theyre prime and he will still be a rookie. a 25 year old rookie lol jk jk.

Do you realize our core players are Mike Beasley at 21 years old, Kevin Love at 22 years old and Jonny Flynn at 21 years old? Don't post if you have no idea what you are talking about. Not to mention the first paragraph you said was another reason you should think before you hit the Submit Reply button.

Borat24
11-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Do you realize our core players are Mike Beasley at 21 years old, Kevin Love at 22 years old and Jonny Flynn at 21 years old? Don't post if you have no idea what you are talking about. Not to mention the first paragraph you said was another reason you should think before you hit the Submit Reply button.

Somebody seems a little mad. I would be too if I was a T-Wolves fan.

WolvesJagsOs
11-25-2010, 09:59 PM
^lol, you would be mad with having all these young good players too build around? Darko who is turning tons of heads and ppl are taking notice and starting to double team him. Kevin Love who is averaging like 19/15? Beasley who is averaging like 21/5.5/2? Wesley Johnson?

Borat24
11-25-2010, 10:02 PM
^lol, you would be mad with having all these young good players too build around?

All those good young players? LOL. Getting a little ahead of yourselves? Beasley's got serious attitude issues, Love's decent but not athletic enough to be that great. Flynn's a nobody and Rubio's never coming over. Plus living in Minnesota *yuck*, or in your case, living in Iowa *yuckier*.

eric1501
11-25-2010, 10:13 PM
Somebody seems a little mad. I would be too if I was a T-Wolves fan.

Wow 4 posts into your career and you get banned. :clap:

Knicks Fire Dog
11-25-2010, 10:28 PM
Great player, just nervous about getting into the NBA... He will be great though. He needs guidance from a vet. I know I am a Knicks fan and would love to have him but he would really be suited more with a team that has a vet as a point guard. Like J-Kidd, Steve Nash, Chancy Billups, Derrick Fisher, etc. I think if he makes it to the NBA next season (which is projected) he would be a backup. I think thats where he needs to be to be honest. His defense is not as good as Flynn's. I still think Flynn is a great piece and your point guard moving forward. Maybe Minny can trade him for some value?

Again, I am a Knicks fan and would love to have him but he wouldn't be worth what you guys want for him. But maybe a different team can make him into an all star

I just have doubt cause he is on the same team as Juan Carlos N.. and JCN is a much more efficient point. Maybe not better but more efficient.

Hellcrooner
11-25-2010, 10:46 PM

whats the point ?

big news ricky rubio is 19!!!!!!!!!!!!! years old he could spend 4 more years in spain and join the league at the oh so old age of 23 :D

Btw he will Probably sign after this season because he has an early buyout option on his Barcelona contract.
BUT i think if a Lockout takes place he may want to wait one more year.
( not to mention that if he waits that extra year then he is not obliged to sign the contract with the rookie salary scale established for his pick number but isntead he is free to negotiate how much does he want to earn, check Tiago Splitter case to see what i am talking bout).

BillyHoyle35
11-25-2010, 10:49 PM
wow, classy thread.

kingbrentg
11-25-2010, 10:54 PM
When those things happen, don't quote the post, guys.

Boom.Boom
11-25-2010, 10:56 PM
i think the wolves are playing well and have a tremendous future.

Faneik
11-25-2010, 10:58 PM
ah ha
changing sides? sell out!

PurpleJesus
11-25-2010, 11:08 PM
All those good young players? LOL. Getting a little ahead of yourselves? Beasley's got serious attitude issues, Love's decent but not athletic enough to be that great. Flynn's a nobody and Rubio's never coming over. Plus living in Minnesota *yuck*, or in your case, living in Iowa *yuckier*.

I love the athletic argument, its so pathetic. Here is a player who is averaging 19 points and 14.5 rebounds...but he's not athletic, so he wont be good. Its just so stupid to think that way. I guess you would probably prefer a Tyrus Thomas over a Kevin Love huh? Thats hillarious. I guess by your argument, Steve Nash isnt that great, or David Lee, or damarcus cousins or etc..etc... This post is pathetic.

And as far as Beasley's attitude, you are looking at his past. Look at what the dude is doing now.

also as far as your assesment goes of living in Minnesota, this should help you out

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/100-best-places-to-live-in-america-2010-edition.html

Funny how Minnesota always dominates these lists of top places to live in the country, yet ignorant people like you just think "too cold."

goblazers7
11-25-2010, 11:24 PM
Ya

BluejaysFan08
11-25-2010, 11:33 PM
Hes getting to be to old for the NBA.

Sixerlover
11-25-2010, 11:39 PM
^^ Agreed. 20 is way to old to come over to the league. Should have brought him over at 15

BluejaysFan08
11-25-2010, 11:43 PM
^^ Agreed. 20 is way to old to come over to the league. Should have brought him over at 15

I was thinking 12 but 15 is okay to I guess...

Mikey Roxx
11-26-2010, 12:00 AM
I really like Rubio, and I think that once he's gotten acclimated to the NBA game, as well as with the Minnesota core (should take maybe a year after he arrives), then the Wolves are going to be elite. Check out this line-up:

Rubio
Johnson
Beasley
Love
Milicic

If the weakest player there can continue his current level of play, this team will be incredibly scary. I'm looking forward to that day.

iliketurtles24
11-26-2010, 12:04 AM

really, no good argument in there. Why do you have to hate on the wolves, they are not the best team out there, so you dont have to put us down, because you know we will be really goo in a few years.

THE MTL
11-26-2010, 01:12 AM
His numbers look awful!

Sixerlover
11-26-2010, 01:13 AM
His numbers look awful!

:laugh2:

That was the elephant in the room for me as well. His numbers look piss poor.

Mochalman
11-26-2010, 01:30 AM

but check out those awesome free throw stats!

Hawkeye15
11-26-2010, 01:33 AM
are we really starting another Rubio thread?

AI4MVP
11-26-2010, 01:42 AM
i cant wait til this kid comes over and u guys eat your words

Tony_Starks
11-26-2010, 01:43 AM
IF Rubio ever plays for the Wolves he could possibly make them respectable (i.e. Portland, OKC) IF and only IF he has a bonafide legit franchise player to pass the rock to. Him with the current squad would maybe have a 5 game improvement, and thats a BIG maybe.

Like I said before ship Love out while his value is through the roof and get a superstar.

VikesTwinsWolve
11-26-2010, 02:06 AM
IF Rubio ever plays for the Wolves he could possibly make them respectable (i.e. Portland, OKC) IF and only IF he has a bonafide legit franchise player to pass the rock to. Him with the current squad would maybe have a 5 game improvement, and thats a BIG maybe.

Like I said before ship Love out while his value is through the roof and get a superstar.
Love not a superstar yeah ok. :facepalm: Rubio feeding love would be sick. No Wolves fans are saying we're gonna shock the world but we're getting better!

Hellcrooner
11-26-2010, 10:51 AM
The Numbers are FINE for European Measures.
You cant translate stats directly.

I mean Pau Gasol was doing like 9 ppg 5 rpg his last season in europe.

Rentzias
11-26-2010, 11:10 AM
A LOT of Rubio's current games are on ESPN3.com, or on Xbox ESPN right now. I've been waiting for this guy to blow me away on the eye-test of watching a full game of Rubio, and not someone's Youtube montage. He's not there yet. He has the framework of good PG (court vision, thought process), but he hasn't put it together yet.

koreancabbage
11-26-2010, 11:27 AM

those numbers are stymied by the way they are accounted in European leagues. you might want to multiply that assist number by 1.5 or 2 a little bit cuz they don't count assists the way we do in NA.

and he only plays 21 minutes a game on average. So if he avgs like 6-8 assists in 20 minutes, thats pretty good. Point total would go down if he dishes that many dimes in 20 minutes.