PDA

View Full Version : Worst Team To Face On A Back-To-Back

Trey
11-25-2010, 01:25 PM
What do you guys think is the worst team to face on the second night of a back-to-back? Or a top 3, 5 whatever list of the teams you think.

The reason I thought of this is after watching the Bulls and Suns last night I think the Suns would be the worst. They play at a fast pace but with Nash it's always a controlled frenzy. Another problem they have is all of the picks and pops, forcing the rotations and showings to be crisp to avoid giving up open looks and all of their players can knock down jump shots so you can't cheat over.

On the other end the Suns interior defense is as soft as it gets but on the second night it seems like teams settle a lot more for long 2 point jumpers and the Suns will pretty well leave that wide open and try to cover the paint since they are giving up the most points in the paint this year.

I haven't put a ton of thought into this but I thought it was something that could bring some good discussion.

*EDIT*

To make it a better discussion topic here's a 2nd part question. Are there any other teams other then the obvious ones (Warriors, Knicks, and Suns due to their pace) that are much more difficult on the second night of a back-to-back compared to a regular game (obviously all teams would be better to face regular, I'm just wondering what everyone thinks is the second biggest factor other then pace).

D1JM
11-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Toughest team to start a back to back would be the lakers, suns, San antonio, Orlando and the Knicks.

For example, the bulls played their heart out against the lakers, and then the next day they started out slow vs the suns and you can't do that against the them because of the pace of basketball they play.

Joshtd1
11-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Pretty much any team IMO. You probably don't want to face a team that isnt the best, just for the fact that it could probably be seen as a let down game.

Of coures you don't want to see a top contending team either.

goblazers7
11-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Ya

King Of Kings
11-25-2010, 01:57 PM
Ya

tangent12
11-25-2010, 02:10 PM
For me it's only the Lakers really. That's a team you need to play at your best to beat. They don't make a lot of the silly mistakes other teams make that allow you to get back into the game and they'll capitalize on your weaknesses, whether those are flaws that your team has or fatigue from the other night.

IMHO, there's no other juggernaut similar to the Lakers. The Celtics, Magic, Spurs, etc etc... they are way more vulnerable than the Lakers and you can grind you way to a win against them, even if you dig yourself into a hole at some point in the game.

drobe86
11-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Thunder because they get up and down...

Sadds The Gr8
11-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Toronto Raptors

Hustlenomics
11-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Celtics
Lakers
Thunder

Storch
11-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Any team would be hard on a back to back. But if I had to pick, i'd say any of the legit title contenders for obvious reasons.

NBAfan4life
11-25-2010, 03:04 PM
Lakers easily. Title contender and also currently score either the most points per night or close to leading the league.

JordansBulls
11-25-2010, 03:08 PM
Denver or Utah on the road. Simply because you won't have that much oxygen in that high altitude

lakers4sho
11-25-2010, 03:26 PM
Denver or Utah on the road. Simply because you won't have that much oxygen in that high altitude

spot on

bbcmillionaire
11-25-2010, 03:47 PM
Lol the pacers, for real because they might shock your team. The team might feel it's a easy game and might not "get up" for the game, and the pacers are a scrappy team

central2003
11-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Lakers, Thunder, Spurs, and Dallas.

Iodine
11-25-2010, 03:51 PM
A team thats going to beat you :shrug:

kArSoN RyDaH
11-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Pretty much what Tangent said.

A top tier team one the back end of a back to back is never a good thing because it will drain you. But as always it is expected to lose against these teams, especially on a back to back. On the other hand, those less than average teams will always trap you and it just hurts down the stretch.

Minimal
11-25-2010, 06:00 PM
Celtics IMO.

checkit
11-25-2010, 07:29 PM
Lakers, Celtics, Thunder, Mavs