PDA

View Full Version : Maybe You Should Rise (Michael and Lebron)

kozelkid
11-25-2010, 04:14 AM
Maybe this doesn't warrant a thread (see what I did there ;)).
I thought it was a cool, but feel free to lock if necessary....
Anyways it's a video combining a not so old MJ commercial with the new Lebron commercial. I thought it was very cool and well done. Gave me goosebumps. Granted, I got goosebumps when I saw just the MJ commercial before...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEVCjUG1Mww&feature=player_embedded

HuRRiCaNeS324
11-25-2010, 04:27 AM
I liked it.

But is this video bashing Lebron or praising him? Because i got the impression its praising him which is a surprise nowadays.

kozelkid
11-25-2010, 04:29 AM
I liked it.

But is this video bashing Lebron or praising him? Because i got the impression its praising him which is a surprise nowadays.

Bashing, I just hope this thread doesn't make for that turn too much cause it was a really cool video imo.

D1JM
11-25-2010, 04:32 AM
I liked it.

its just sayin to stop making excuses, basketball isnt as easy as MJ made it look.

DamnGoat
11-25-2010, 04:37 AM
I loved it and watched it a few times already.

D Roses Bulls
11-25-2010, 04:53 AM
I liked it.

its definitely not praising lebron

THINKBLUE15
11-25-2010, 04:59 AM
LeBron is a stupid name

VRP723
11-25-2010, 05:02 AM
Michael Jordan is the most awesome human being to ever walk the face of the earth, like, ever. It's not even close.

tangent12
11-25-2010, 05:03 AM
Nice video but I prefer this one. It's quite delightful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGTLEFr1_iw

SDBearsFan
11-25-2010, 05:36 AM
Yeah, I thought this was amazing.

jackdawson
11-25-2010, 05:42 AM
Haha...yet another thread of ****.

WatWoudJordanDo
11-25-2010, 06:01 AM
its not really a LeBashing video as more of a man the **** up video...

that said, it was pretty sweet and im just wondering why i dont really remember the MJ commercial in the first place

D Roses Bulls
11-25-2010, 06:04 AM
its not really a LeBashing video as more of a man the **** up video...

that said, it was pretty sweet and im just wondering why i dont really remember the MJ commercial in the first place

yea its not bashing him really, like you said its more of a man up video.

metsbulls1025
11-25-2010, 06:11 AM
Is it normal to have an erection every time you watch that video?

Evolution23
11-25-2010, 08:01 AM
Another Lebron hating thread? SMH

path2zion
11-25-2010, 09:15 AM
Nice video but I prefer this one. It's quite delightful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGTLEFr1_iw

:clap:
lmao, literally. You dont know how relieved I was this summer when we didnt get bron. There are just some people I'll never be able to root for. For a guy with a clean record etc, its uncanny how hateable he is. Vick killed dogs and most people still wish him the best, people actually get joy out of watching this guy fail. I call this glitch in the matrix the phenomebron.
Go Bulls!

GrandpaPa
11-25-2010, 10:06 AM
LeBron is a stupid name
:D
Lol

krest213
11-25-2010, 10:10 AM
Maybe this doesn't warrant a thread (see what I did there ;)).
I thought it was a cool, but feel free to lock if necessary....
Anyways it's a video combining a not so old MJ commercial with the new Lebron commercial. I thought it was very cool and well done. Gave me goosebumps. Granted, I got goosebumps when I saw just the MJ commercial before...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEVCjUG1Mww&feature=player_embedded

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
i love it. but this shouldn't be toward Lebron
only
a lot of players now days just making excuses instead of playing the game:clap::clap::clap:

CB29
11-25-2010, 10:31 AM
that is an outstanding job... loved it

netsgiantsyanks
11-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Haha...yet another thread of ****.

haha.....typical heat fan response

Jaji
11-25-2010, 10:55 AM
LeBron is taking his lumps. You have to take your lumps before you can ascend to greatness. Maybe this slow start by Miami will serve as Miami's hurdle and they win it all this year :shrug:. Maybe this is a compacted version of the lumps. Either way, if you want to win an NBA title in the next 5 years and you don't play for the Heat, this season is your best chance.

Doogolas
11-25-2010, 10:55 AM
lmao, literally. You dont know how relieved I was this summer when we didnt get bron. There are just some people I'll never be able to root for. For a guy with a clean record etc, its uncanny how hateable he is. Vick killed dogs and most people still wish him the best, people actually get joy out of watching this guy fail. I call this glitch in the matrix the phenomebron.
Go Bulls!

But Vick paid well more than his dues to society for what he did. :shrug:

xbrackattackx
11-25-2010, 11:20 AM
Is it normal to have an erection every time you watch that video?

I had one for sho!

Khalifa21
11-25-2010, 11:42 AM
:laugh2: at all the bitter Bulls fans claiming they're happy they didn't get LeBron.

Didn't sound like that before he signed with the Heat.... But obviously Boozer is a much better free agent signing and you'd rather have him than the best player in the world.

:facepalm:

Khalifa21
11-25-2010, 11:44 AM
But Vick paid well more than his dues to society for what he did. :shrug:

So that means we should respect him more than LeBron. Because he killed animals and went to prison but LeBron chose to play for the Miami Heat...

Rndy
11-25-2010, 11:46 AM
:laugh2: at all the bitter Bulls fans claiming they're happy they didn't get LeBron.

Didn't sound like that before he signed with the Heat.... But obviously Boozer is a much better free agent signing and you'd rather have him than the best player in the world.

Lebron as a player is good. But the guy has no respect for the game. Dancing around like an idiot every game. But come playoff time his *** isn't dancing.

effen5
11-25-2010, 11:57 AM

8-7 whose bitter now?

Heat Fans: Fire Spo, we want riley, Wade sucks, trade Bosh

This is what i've heard from you guys so far.

Bulls Fans are very happy with Drose :)

Hawkeye15
11-25-2010, 12:04 PM
that is a great commercial. Michael Jordan DEFINES what it takes to be the best. I never heard excuses out of him. He never quit.
It makes me angry when I have to hear comparisons to Jordan. There are none. He is the best basketball player to ever walk the earth.

And LeBron takes a chance with this commercial. And the sooner he realizes that there are no excuses in the game of basketball, the sooner he will accomplish his goals

I freakin love MJ

m26555
11-25-2010, 12:06 PM
that is a great commercial. Michael Jordan DEFINES what it takes to be the best. I never heard excuses out of him. He never quit.
It makes me angry when I have to hear comparisons to Jordan. There are none. He is the best basketball player to ever walk the earth.

And LeBron takes a chance with this commercial. And the sooner he realizes that there are no excuses in the game of basketball, the sooner he will accomplish his goals

I freakin love MJ
Great post.

Seriously, the comparisons to MJ need to stop. There will never be another player like him. Plain and simple.

Khalifa21
11-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Lebron as a player is good. But the guy has no respect for the game. Dancing around like an idiot every game. But come playoff time his *** isn't dancing.

LeBron is better than just "good"... If he had signed with the Bulls people would be talking about the Bulls as a top contender rather than a second tier team. He turns any team in the league into a contender he is that good. Who cares if he dances? His dance moves don't contribute to the W-L column, so why does it matter?

8-7 whose bitter now?

Heat Fans: Fire Spo, we want riley, Wade sucks, trade Bosh

This is what i've heard from you guys so far.

Bulls Fans are very happy with Drose :)

I suppose you'll be happy with continual second round exits for a while then... :shrug:

And just to clarify, i'm not a Heat fan, i'm a Knicks fan, so if anything I should be joining in with the LeBron hate, but his ability is just too good for me to hate on him. The more hate he receives the more I become a fan of his. Yeah, he's made some mistakes, but every player has. I find it amazing the amount of negativity one guy who has never done anything overtly wrong can receive just because of his ability with a basketball and his personality.

You'd think LeBron had slept with the majority of PSD's girlfriends in their own bed the way he's spoken about on here...

Khalifa21
11-25-2010, 12:26 PM

I freakin love MJ

Completely agree with you Hawkeye.

I hate any comparisons whatsoever with MJ... Whether it be Kobe, LeBron etc. No one will ever reach his level again not only in the sport of basketball but I think professional sports in general.

effen5
11-25-2010, 12:44 PM
LeBron is better than just "good"... If he had signed with the Bulls people would be talking about the Bulls as a top contender rather than a second tier team. He turns any team in the league into a contender he is that good. Who cares if he dances? His dance moves don't contribute to the W-L column, so why does it matter?

I suppose you'll be happy with continual second round exits for a while then... :shrug:

And just to clarify, i'm not a Heat fan, i'm a Knicks fan, so if anything I should be joining in with the LeBron hate, but his ability is just too good for me to hate on him. The more hate he receives the more I become a fan of his. Yeah, he's made some mistakes, but every player has. I find it amazing the amount of negativity one guy who has never done anything overtly wrong can receive just because of his ability with a basketball and his personality.

You'd think LeBron had slept with the majority of PSD's girlfriends in their own bed the way he's spoken about on here...

:laugh:

So you're saying we're bitter but not the Knicks and you're a Knick fan? LOLWUT

Did you even watch the video before posting that first response?

D1JM
11-25-2010, 01:22 PM

I've read trough all this post and didn't read about a bulls fan claiming they wouldn't want lebron. We ain't bitter, we have a good team and once boozer comes back we are going to do damage. Remember he is a 20/10 guy just sitting on the bench right now.

Khalifa21
11-25-2010, 01:37 PM
:laugh:

So you're saying we're bitter but not the Knicks and you're a Knick fan? LOLWUT

Did you even watch the video before posting that first response?

Of course I would have loved it if LeBron signed with us, but he made his decision. I'm not bitter, i'm disappointed but you don't see me claiming "I didn't want him anyway" etc.

I'm only talking for myself but I see Bulls fans claiming they "never wanted LeBron anyway" a lot more than Knicks fans. Knicks fans may be pissed off that he didn't come but we don't hide the fact that he was the most prized free agent and would loved to have signed him. We're used to coming out of things empty handed so Amar'e, Felton and a 5-game win streak will do me just fine for the time being.

I've read trough all this post and didn't read about a bulls fan claiming they wouldn't want lebron. We ain't bitter, we have a good team and once boozer comes back we are going to do damage. Remember he is a 20/10 guy just sitting on the bench right now.

Haven't you? Look a bit closer...

Go Bulls!

It is ridiculous for anyone to say they didn't want LeBron. It's not like he's a superstar that just scores a lot. He helps teams in every aspect of the game, and helps generate huge revenue and publicity for any team he joins. He could've signed with the T'Wolves and they'd be shoved down our throats on every website, article and TV show we see. It's what he does for any team he joins, so I find it hilarious when bitter fans come in here claiming their team is better off without him... Because they're not.

D1JM
11-25-2010, 01:46 PM
It is ridiculous for anyone to say they didn't want LeBron. It's not like he's a superstar that just scores a lot. He helps teams in every aspect of the game, and helps generate huge revenue and publicity for any team he joins. He could've signed with the T'Wolves and they'd be shoved down our throats on every website, article and TV show we see. It's what he does for any team he joins, so I find it hilarious when bitter fans come in here claiming their team is better off without him... Because they're not.

you should of gone into the bulls forum. There were alot of people that didnt want lebron, solely because of the way he acted in the basketball court. You might think its stupid, but alot of bulls fans were still pissed off at lebron for dancing on the sidelines vs us.

kozelkid
11-25-2010, 01:57 PM

I could vouch for Path2zion. He actually never wanted Lebron. Most wanted Lebron, but he never did. We all thought he was crazy. He just puts more priority in liking the players that play for his team and he ALWAYS despised Lebron. I mean I hated Lebron even before the decision, but I would have loved for him to be a Bull. Wasn't the same for path. :shrug:
And most people are long over it til you brought it up. I think you like the attention of some mature poster. When attacking other posters in reality makes you anything but that.

Khalifa21
11-25-2010, 02:34 PM
I could vouch for Path2zion. He actually never wanted Lebron. Most wanted Lebron, but he never did. We all thought he was crazy. He just puts more priority in liking the players that play for his team and he ALWAYS despised Lebron. I mean I hated Lebron even before the decision, but I would have loved for him to be a Bull. Wasn't the same for path. :shrug:
And most people are long over it til you brought it up. I think you like the attention of some mature poster. When attacking other posters in reality makes you anything but that.

I'm not attacking anyone, i'm just saying I find it amazing that anyone can genuinely say they don't want LeBron on their team. If Path2zion has his own personal reasons for not wanting LeBron to be a Bull then fair enough. I joined this site in September so I have no idea what people were saying before Bron signed with the Heat, so if he's been saying that all along that's cool. I just got the idea that he was a bitter Bulls fan that's only saying what he said because Bron didn't choose Chicago. I only bought it up because I struggle to believe the truth in a comment like that, but if he's got his reasons then I suppose it's understandable.

Trust me, I want to get over Bron signing with the Heat, being a Knicks fan but that will never stop me from saying I would've LOVED to have seen him in the blue and orange.

adj3369
11-25-2010, 02:35 PM
Of course I would have loved it if LeBron signed with us, but he made his decision. I'm not bitter, i'm disappointed but you don't see me claiming "I didn't want him anyway" etc.

I'm only talking for myself but I see Bulls fans claiming they "never wanted LeBron anyway" a lot more than Knicks fans. Knicks fans may be pissed off that he didn't come but we don't hide the fact that he was the most prized free agent and would loved to have signed him. We're used to coming out of things empty handed so Amar'e, Felton and a 5-game win streak will do me just fine for the time being.

Haven't you? Look a bit closer...

khalifa, take your insight to the next level. you say lebron was the knicks prize possession and probably every other teams. however, the knicks and those other teams don't have derrick rose. there are bulls fans that were legitimately concerned with the progression of the superstar rose being hindered by lebron. we would've had a situation similar to what you currently see in miami. from the very beginning i wanted joe johnson and chris bosh to come to the bulls. well im glad we got boozer instead of bosh. now we just need a two guard. but now, khalifa, can you see how a bulls fan genuinely didnt want lebron? he may have ******** the growth of derrick rose.

Evolution23
11-25-2010, 02:39 PM

I freakin love MJ

Whos comparing anyone to MJ? Lebrons commercial was to talk to the fans about hating him for going to Miami. It has nothing to do with Jordan. So comparing Lebron to Jordan is something you created in your head.

D1JM
11-25-2010, 02:39 PM
I'm not attacking anyone, i'm just saying I find it amazing that anyone can genuinely say they don't want LeBron on their team. If Path2zion has his own personal reasons for not wanting LeBron to be a Bull then fair enough. I joined this site in September so I have no idea what people were saying before Bron signed with the Heat, so if he's been saying that all along that's cool. I just got the idea that he was a bitter Bulls fan that's only saying what he said because Bron didn't choose Chicago. I only bought it up because I struggle to believe the truth in a comment like that, but if he's got his reasons then I suppose it's understandable.

Trust me, I want to get over Bron signing with the Heat, being a Knicks fan but that will never stop me from saying I would've LOVED to have seen him in the blue and orange.

its cool. Alot of bull fans hate lebron not because he didnt signed with the bulls, but because of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kroxmCZUgQ4

Khalifa21
11-25-2010, 02:43 PM
khalifa, take your insight to the next level. you say lebron was the knicks prize possession and probably every other teams. however, the knicks and those other teams don't have derrick rose. there are bulls fans that were legitimately concerned with the progression of the superstar rose being hindered by lebron. we would've had a situation similar to what you currently see in miami. from the very beginning i wanted joe johnson and chris bosh to come to the bulls. well im glad we got boozer instead of bosh. now we just need a two guard. but now, khalifa, can you see how a bulls fan genuinely didnt want lebron? he may have ******** the growth of derrick rose.

I can see your reasoning but LeBron isn't the type of superstar that would stunt a player's growth, he'd help him get better. Of course there may have been problems with ball handling duties etc. but a LeBron/Rose combo is far more lethal than Rose/Boozer. I don't think the situation would be similar. Miami's team is relatively weak after Bron, Wade and Bosh (with Haslem and Miller's injuries anyway), the Bulls have a lot more depth. With Rose and Bron you'd only have two guys who need their shots to be effective whereas Noah makes his living off garbage buckets and hustle and the rest of the guys could've just spaced the floor and provided shooting.

I don't want to get into what could've been for you guys, but I don't think LeBron would've hindered Rose's progress (although i'm sure Rose wouldn't be putting up 25/3/8) if Bron had signed with you). His output wouldn't have been as large but the team as a whole would've been in a fantastic position to contend.

m26555
11-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Whos comparing anyone to MJ? Lebrons commercial was to talk to the fans about hating him for going to Miami. It has nothing to do with Jordan. So comparing Lebron to Jordan is something you created in your head.
He was speaking in general terms. I mean, we basically hear LeBron and Kobe compared to Jordan on a daily basis.

Hawkeye15
11-25-2010, 02:51 PM

in general terms, and the many times I have seen Kobe, LeBron, or whomever compared to MJ on this site, or in the media in general. Its a complete injustice to MJ. None of them have, can, or will touch him.

adj3369
11-25-2010, 02:59 PM
I can see your reasoning but LeBron isn't the type of superstar that would stunt a player's growth, he'd help him get better. Of course there may have been problems with ball handling duties etc. but a LeBron/Rose combo is far more lethal than Rose/Boozer. I don't think the situation would be similar. Miami's team is relatively weak after Bron, Wade and Bosh (with Haslem and Miller's injuries anyway), the Bulls have a lot more depth. With Rose and Bron you'd only have two guys who need their shots to be effective whereas Noah makes his living off garbage buckets and hustle and the rest of the guys could've just spaced the floor and provided shooting.

I don't want to get into what could've been for you guys, but I don't think LeBron would've hindered Rose's progress (although i'm sure Rose wouldn't be putting up 25/3/8) if Bron had signed with you). His output wouldn't have been as large but the team as a whole would've been in a fantastic position to contend.

khalifa, you say of course there may have been problems with ball handling duties, etc. and then you say you're sure rose wouldn't be putting up 25/3/8 right now... and these are statements to support that lebron wouldn't have stunted rose's growth??? khalifa, if lebron is the type of superstar that makes those around him better then why did he leave cleveland? why is the miami heat record worst right now then it was last year? not only are you contradicting yourself with some of your statements but other things you say aren't supported by reality. the bulls have had an ensemble approach to the game for awhile now. lebron is no ensemble guy, he would have brought the circus to town for more than just the annual two weeks. he would have tried to take leadership from rose and create a larger than the team atmosphere. please fathom, khalifa, why we genuinely didn't want him

Khalifa21
11-25-2010, 03:10 PM
khalifa, you say of course there may have been problems with ball handling duties, etc. and then you say you're sure rose wouldn't be putting up 25/3/8 right now... and these are statements to support that lebron wouldn't have stunted rose's growth??? khalifa, if lebron is the type of superstar that makes those around him better then why did he leave cleveland? why is the miami heat record worst right now then it was last year? not only are you contradicting yourself with some of your statements but other things you say aren't supported by reality. the bulls have had an ensemble approach to the game for awhile now. lebron is no ensemble guy, he would have brought the circus to town for more than just the annual two weeks. he would have tried to take leadership from rose and create a larger than the team atmosphere. please fathom, khalifa, why we genuinely didn't want him

Numbers don't mean growth. Rose may have developed his game just as much if not more, he'd just be taking less shots with LeBron on the team. His numbers will go down when Boozer gets back from injury because he'll be sharing the ball more with him, doesn't mean Boozer's stunting his growth... LeBron did everything he could with that Cavs team. He took a team full of role players to the NBA finals once and the two 60+ win seasons. It's clear the guy makes his teammates better. He made Mo Williams an All-Star, he helped Varejao get paid, he helped JJ Hickson grow and develop into the 15/6 guy he is now. There is no doubting that.

Who would you want as the leader of your team? A third year PG who hasn't been out of the first round of the playoffs? Or a seventh year, two time MVP, who's led his previous team to the NBA finals and best record in the league two years running? He never created a "larger than the team" atmosphere in Cleveland. His focus was on the team and he really highlighted that. What makes you think he'd be any different in Chicago?

D1JM
11-25-2010, 03:19 PM
Numbers don't mean growth. Rose may have developed his game just as much if not more, he'd just be taking less shots with LeBron on the team. His numbers will go down when Boozer gets back from injury because he'll be sharing the ball more with him, doesn't mean Boozer's stunting his growth... LeBron did everything he could with that Cavs team. He took a team full of role players to the NBA finals once and the two 60+ win seasons. It's clear the guy makes his teammates better. He made Mo Williams an All-Star, he helped Varejao get paid, he helped JJ Hickson grow and develop into the 15/6 guy he is now. There is no doubting that.

Who would you want as the leader of your team? A third year PG who hasn't been out of the first round of the playoffs? Or a seventh year, two time MVP, who's led his previous team to the NBA finals and best record in the league two years running? He never created a "larger than the team" atmosphere in Cleveland. His focus was on the team and he really highlighted that. What makes you think he'd be any different in Chicago?

Cleveland weren't a bunch of role players. It was always about lebron in Cleveland. If they won it was cuz of lebron, but if they lost it was cuz he didn't have another star around him and the players surrounding him sucked. Now he has two stars and he is hoovering around .500. So people are finding more excuses that they need time, that he don't have a bench blah blah blah. Jordan never had excuses. How many times did he get dropped on his *** by the bad boy pistons? He got back up and went after them again the following season.

adj3369
11-25-2010, 03:21 PM
i really wasn't trying to get into a debate or argument. but you're really saying some objectionable stuff. lebron never created a larger than the team atmosphere in cleveland? you're obviously not familiar with everything behind the scenes. you might want to google that or something... even iverson got a win in the nba finals against a dominate lakers team.

lebron showed his worth in the playoffs last year. he's never had to face adversity. didn't go to college. wasn't raised in a large hotbed for sports. he's been the big fish in a small pond. meanwhile, rose hails from the southside of chicago, wasn't physically the biggest. he had to earn his. lebron didn't want to earn his last playoffs. he didn't want to earn his this season. he's used to things being handed to him. real recognizes real. very cliche but very true

Khalifa21
11-25-2010, 03:26 PM
Cleveland weren't a bunch of role players. It was always about lebron in Cleveland. If they won it was cuz of lebron, but if they lost it was cuz he didn't have another star around him and the players surrounding him sucked.

It's because that was usually the case.

Now he has two stars and he is hoovering around .500. So people are finding more excuses that they need time, that he don't have a bench blah blah blah. Jordan never had excuses. How many times did he get dropped on his *** by the bad boy pistons? He got back up and went after them again the following season.

I partly agree, and that's why no one should ever be compared to MJ. It's unfair to hate on LeBron for the excuses people on forums and radio shows or whatever give. When those excuses start coming directly from him, then hate on him all you want, but he hasn't come out and said anything about them having a lack of depth or throwing other teammates under the bus even though Wade and Bosh have both underperformed this season.

I'm just trying to defend LeBron because of the huge amount of undeserved hate he receives. There's such a small amount of non-Heat LeBron supporters on this forum, that's it's a tough job, but I feel like he is constantly criticized unfairly.

adj3369
11-25-2010, 03:37 PM
lebron said the coach is playing him too many minutes and he needs his energy to close out games. he's 25 and the reigning mvp. unprecedented comment from lebron.

adj3369
11-25-2010, 03:39 PM
saying we get spoiled by his play is an excuse too. who says things like that? the king i suppose

D1JM
11-25-2010, 03:39 PM
It's more criticism than hate. Every single time bosh or lebron open their mouth, they can't seem to say the right thing. Lebron seemed to think by joining forces things would come easy. Well guess what, teams are going to play the heat harder than any other team.

path2zion
11-25-2010, 03:43 PM

Most bulls fans did want him, but not me, and any regular bulls poster on here will back that up. I just want nothing to do with that guy except watch him lose. But your sarcasm is much appreciated, and oh so witty... :facepalm:

kozelkid
11-25-2010, 04:40 PM

Actually he took shots at MJ and Barkley in that commercial but I guess that's besides the point.

kozelkid
11-25-2010, 04:44 PM
its cool. Alot of bull fans hate lebron not because he didnt signed with the bulls, but because of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kroxmCZUgQ4

Funny enough Lebron said that Noah is a guy who loves attention. Let me say that again, Lebron SAID THAT.

dtmagnet
11-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Yes MJ! You are the greatest!

BigBlueCrew
11-26-2010, 12:46 AM
wow....This is awesome. MJ with the slam.

Apophis
11-27-2010, 01:59 PM
I just saw it... Its a funny commercial...very well done mashup...