PDA

View Full Version : Video: Iguodala upset when Evan Turner gets the ball instead of him

aaronmckie
11-24-2010, 12:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySvzbGJ_zTg

Get this mother****er out of Philly right now!

John Walls Era
11-24-2010, 01:00 AM
Well they lost. Wonder who they trade AI to. Do the 6ers need an expiring? Peja for sale.

Gators123
11-24-2010, 01:02 AM
Chris Wilcox for Iggy;)

Seriously though, that was really sad. He looked like a 8 year old girl.

Geargo Wallace
11-24-2010, 01:06 AM
moss dude

John Walls Era
11-24-2010, 01:06 AM
AI probably thinks he would've made it.

xabial
11-24-2010, 01:08 AM
i ask this again... how does this guy have any trade value?

Over-paid, often injured, and his team just isnt winning atm.

Im starting to think its false trade rumors sent out by the 76ers to enhance his trade value :laugh2:

Sadds The Gr8
11-24-2010, 01:08 AM
how'd he throw a temper tantrum? he looked disappointed...that's all. and plus, Turner missed the FT's and it cost them the game.

DoMeFavors
11-24-2010, 01:14 AM
What a baby, its clear to me he doesn't want to be in Philly, its a shame that Philly fans are so good but dont give a crap about their basketball.

effen5
11-24-2010, 01:19 AM
strong username to video relation ratio

avrpatsfan
11-24-2010, 01:19 AM
What a loser

Slimsim
11-24-2010, 01:21 AM
I want thaddeus young.

Mplsman
11-24-2010, 01:30 AM
That was bootleg as hell.

More-Than-Most
11-24-2010, 01:35 AM
AI probably thinks he would've made it.

Never... 99.9 percent of the time he will miss the last shot... he will hold the ball until there is 2 seconds left and take the shot and brick hard... He then turns around makes a weird dumb looking face and plays with his jersey while walking off the court... Every ****ing time to... And yet we still continue to give him the ball in that situation so I really don't feel sorry for us. I have never hated a player more in my entire life than I do Iggy... I don't care what we get for him but he needs to go.

MTone8788
11-24-2010, 01:36 AM

Im starting to think its false trade rumors sent out by the 76ers to enhance his trade value :laugh2:

What? Are you confusing him with someone else? With exception to this year, he has only missed 6 games in any prior season and that was in 06-07. He played all 82 games in the other 5 seasons haha.

Good one Chief

More-Than-Most
11-24-2010, 01:37 AM
how'd he throw a temper tantrum? he looked disappointed...that's all. and plus, Turner missed the FT's and it cost them the game.

Not on that play if I am not mistaken... Isn't that the final play before over time? He just ran down and tossed it up if I am not mistaken... Aside from that Iggy also has missed many big fts in his career... Turner was the reason we stayed in that game at the end... He had the last 6 points in regulation and some big boards.

JPHX
11-24-2010, 01:38 AM
he could just be applauding evans loudly.

iCOOKiE MONSTER
11-24-2010, 01:38 AM
What is he doing???

The_Mac22
11-24-2010, 01:43 AM
Beast

RowanJournalist
11-24-2010, 01:45 AM

Do some research before you post. Iggy has played 486 of 492 Sixers games before this season through a span of 6 years. In other words he's missed six games in 6 years. Often injured my ***. He has value. Stop slinging poop.

Giraffes Rule
11-24-2010, 01:50 AM
Do some research before you post. Iggy has played 486 of 492 Sixers games before this season through a span of 6 years. In other words he's missed six games in 6 years. Often injured my ***. He has value. Stop slinging poop.

Really? It seems like he's in the news for being injured more often than that. I guess he just plays through it?

eXpLiiCt
11-24-2010, 01:58 AM
Id be pissed to asking for the ball like here here here here here here and you know they look at you and pass it to the other person and they miss and you lose the superbowl

Geargo Wallace
11-24-2010, 01:59 AM
He did look like a whiner and a ***** BUT he woulda' definitely made it up the floor quicker than Turner and probably would have gotten off a better shot... jusssss saying

tangent12
11-24-2010, 02:11 AM
LOL.. awesome video. It's funny watching him stare at the rook as he takes off to take the buzzer beater. :laugh2: :laugh2:

Awesome title too... "Portrait of a leader" lolz.

Cubs Win
11-24-2010, 02:19 AM
he could just be applauding evans loudly.

Most likely. Or cheering him on to motivate him. :laugh:

mjt20mik
11-24-2010, 02:25 AM

What are you talking about? The winning is true, but Iggy has played about 200 + straight games coming into this season. He just got injured this year and took a couple of games off. He was averaging 17 - 7 - 6 last year, and he's only making 12 million a year. I think that's pretty darn decent.

MagicBucsSox
11-24-2010, 02:26 AM
because he know evan turner is a bumand never hits iron

hgtiger32
11-24-2010, 02:28 AM
i honestly didn't see a temper tantrum being thrown...

MagicBucsSox
11-24-2010, 02:31 AM
get him to orlando

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-24-2010, 02:34 AM

hell no

numba1CHANGsta
11-24-2010, 02:43 AM
Was that at the end of the overtime? if so, then Iggy had the right to be upset, i mean your team is down by two, your best chance of someone making the last shot is by the best shooter on the team

dbow1920
11-24-2010, 02:45 AM
Id be pissed too...He is the best player on the team, the ball should be in his hands for the last shot, not Evan Turners

djeller1139
11-24-2010, 02:50 AM
Warriors will take him off your hands :D

CityofChaos
11-24-2010, 02:59 AM
Who cares. Turner missed 2 key free throws. Its not unusual to see a veteren get mad at a rookie...go ask Gordon Hayward.

hans dolo
11-24-2010, 03:01 AM
alot of you mix up the term "best player" with "most athletic player". he's not the best player nor shooter on the team. and he's made 1 out of his last 14 last possession shots. iggy should not have the ball in his hand with a game on the line, PERIOD

CityofChaos
11-24-2010, 03:07 AM
alot of you mix up the term "best player" with "most athletic player". he's not the best player nor shooter on the team. and he's made 1 out of his last 14 last possession shots. iggy should not have the ball in his hand with a game on the line, PERIOD

What? Iggy has hit the game winning shot for Philly more than once before. He did it against the Lakers, Magic, Grizzlies, and Timberwolves

You dont let your rookie handle the ball with the game on the line unless he's the best player on the team...which Turner is far from.

More-Than-Most
11-24-2010, 03:10 AM
Id be pissed too...He is the best player on the team, the ball should be in his hands for the last shot, not Evan Turners

Its not smart basketball... He is a playmaker true... He is athletic true... But he is not a good jump shooter by any means... His best work is when he goes right to the basket but instead he holds the ball near the 3 point line until there is next to nothing left on the clock and takes a jump shot instead of playing to his strengths... He does it every time... There is no excuse for why he does or why they allow him to do it... If the team wants to continue to run that play like they usually do then you allow the best shooter to take the shot... Esp when you have a team with no superstars.

CityofChaos
11-24-2010, 03:16 AM
Who's the best player on the Sixers then, Tony Battie?

More-Than-Most
11-24-2010, 03:19 AM
What? Iggy has hit the game winning shot for Philly more than once before. He did it against the Lakers, Magic, Grizzlies, and Timberwolves

You dont let your rookie handle the ball with the game on the line unless he's the best player on the team...which Turner is far from.

I agree Turner should not have the ball on the last shot but there was 3 seconds left in regulation with no time outs and they had the ball all the way down the other end... It was irrelevant who got the ball because it was going to be a pray and shoot shot anyway... Overtime was the key... You don't allow a guy take the last shot when he misses it almost every time and yes iggy does miss it almost every time. Go look in the game day thread... Before the last play happen I said... OH no... Iggy will now hold the ball until the final 2 seconds and then take the final shot from the 3 point line and brick hard... He will then walk off with a dumb look on his face while playing with his jersey... and Guess what it happened... It always happens... Its beyond predictable... Iggy is an over paid role player... He wants to be the man but 99.9 percent of the time falls on his face... I truly Do not know what is worse... Him continually taking the shots or them allowing him to continually take the shots...

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

jmtapia
11-24-2010, 03:24 AM

:confused:

Iguodala has been a iron man throughout his career.

SeoulBeatz
11-24-2010, 03:30 AM

i agree he's over paid, but he's only missed 12 games in his 6 year career.

nice try.

SeoulBeatz
11-24-2010, 03:32 AM
Warriors will take him off your hands :D

he would be a PERFECT fit for the warriors with all that shooting to compliment his slashing/defensive abilities.

who would u wanna give up though?

CityofChaos
11-24-2010, 03:38 AM
I agree Turner should not have the ball on the last shot but there was 3 seconds left in regulation with no time outs and they had the ball all the way down the other end... It was irrelevant who got the ball because it was going to be a pray and shoot shot anyway... Overtime was the key... You don't allow a guy take the last shot when he misses it almost every time and yes iggy does miss it almost every time. Go look in the game day thread... Before the last play happen I said... OH no... Iggy will now hold the ball until the final 2 seconds and then take the final shot from the 3 point line and brick hard... He will then walk off with a dumb look on his face while playing with his jersey... and Guess what it happened... It always happens... Its beyond predictable... Iggy is an over paid role player... He wants to be the man but 99.9 percent of the time falls on his face... I truly Do not know what is worse... Him continually taking the shots or them allowing him to continually take the shots...

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

There are players in the NBA who play well under pressure regardless of how bad they've played the whole game. Iggy falls into that category as well as Jeff Green, Monta Ellis, and even Kobe. It should have been in Iggy's hands. Period. Besides, he was wide open during the inbounds play.

Iggy isn't a bad player at all. He's just hated by fans because of his contract (which is managements fault) and erratic play that most go to guys face. Stephen Jackson was the same type of player for the Warriors. He not only took way to many shots, but took bad ones and turned the ball over like crazy. Warriors fans hated him. But in the end whether you like it or not he was the best scorer and defender which made up for his bad shot selection.
Once they traded him to the Bobcats last season...they made the playoffs.

Trade Iggy to a good team where he isn't the go to guy and you'll see the same result

D Roses Bulls
11-24-2010, 03:42 AM

actually he only missed I believe it was like 6 games sine he has been in the league up until this year. thats what I heard on NBA TV

Niro
11-24-2010, 04:24 AM
get him to the warriors right now!

what do they want???

udoh+wright+vladrad (big exp.)...warriors have a lot of exp contracts if philly wants that

More-Than-Most
11-24-2010, 04:25 AM
There are players in the NBA who play well under pressure regardless of how bad they've played the whole game. Iggy falls into that category as well as Jeff Green, Monta Ellis, and even Kobe. It should have been in Iggy's hands. Period. Besides, he was wide open during the inbounds play.

Iggy isn't a bad player at all. He's just hated by fans because of his contract (which is managements fault) and erratic play that most go to guys face. Stephen Jackson was the same type of player for the Warriors. He not only took way to many shots, but took bad ones and turned the ball over like crazy. Warriors fans hated him. But in the end whether you like it or not he was the best scorer and defender which made up for his bad shot selection.
Once they traded him to the Bobcats last season...they made the playoffs.

Trade Iggy to a good team where he isn't the go to guy and you'll see the same result

That is what I mean... He isn't the go to guy... He should not be the one shooting the final shot... Is he the best player? Sure... But that does not make him the best shooter... I would rather have Thad Young taking the shot to be honest... I don't hate iggy because of his contract... I hate him because he continually tries to be something he isn't and that is the go to guy... He always wants the ball and that wouldn't be a problem if he played to his strengths but he chooses to go outside of the box and continually jack up shots instead of taking it to the basket.

dsickich123
11-24-2010, 04:59 AM
Iggy....THUNDER UP.

DoJoTheSlasher
11-24-2010, 05:26 AM

Hey, kind of like Amare.

Niro
11-24-2010, 06:41 AM
he would be a PERFECT fit for the warriors with all that shooting to compliment his slashing/defensive abilities.

who would u wanna give up though?

would you take
udoh+dorell wright+vladrad (6.5 exp)

you get a poor man iggy with a better shot, a solid defender and rebounder and a big exp..

Trouble87
11-24-2010, 06:48 AM
Iggy can be a solid starter on any NBA team

76ers look to trade him and I see them getting back a pick and talent

maybe the Cavs should see what they could offer

xPhillies08WSCx
11-24-2010, 07:19 AM

Often injured?? The guys streak of 200 and some odd games straight played just ended a week and a half ago. Before you post something you should know your facts first. And we want him gone in Philly, I hope that's the Sixers plans.

Corey
11-24-2010, 07:31 AM
I'd want the ball if I was him too.

Turner just missed two key free throws that could have helped win them the game.

Malz28
11-24-2010, 08:00 AM
I could of swore he took the last shot and missed in O.T.!! He has to be like 2 for 30 in his life when it comes to taking the last shot. He thinks he has a jumper when he absolutely doesn't! DEAR PHILADELPHIA 76ERS MANAGEMENT, get rid of his punk ***** PLEASE! I'm so tired of him it's not even funny. He's the third wheel on most teams and a douche bag on this team!

ignorance=bliss
11-24-2010, 10:09 AM
I've always thought of Iggy as a pretty level headed and respectful player. I liked him when he teamed up with the real AI. I still think he is a very good player. I would love for the Bucks to have him thats for sure. Jennings, Bogut, Iggy. Not bad.

ttam68
11-24-2010, 10:41 AM
As I said in the Sixer forum:

That wasn't that bad. He was trying to call for it when there was still time. Its not like Evan's shown anything to make us think he's a go to scorer. You guys had me thinking it was going to be yelling after the play or something. 95% of that was when he was still trying to get the ball.

You guys overreact to anything. Yes the Sixers suck and we need to make moves but he's our best player, and a damn good one. I want him gone too, but have to laugh at all the people trashing him for wanting the ball over a rookie who averages 8 ppg. Oh, and you all think he's injury prone too. Well-informed posts.

amoore87
11-24-2010, 11:03 AM
i wouldnt exactly call that a temper tantrum

xbrackattackx
11-24-2010, 11:05 AM
Yea, He just wanted to be the "Guy", Not really a Tantrum.

sep11ie
11-24-2010, 11:19 AM

Often injured? Do explain...

John Walls Era
11-24-2010, 12:06 PM
AI and Spencer Hawes for Peja. You guys will have some cap.

xabial
11-24-2010, 05:03 PM
I get it. You make one mistake, you pay for it. :hide:

I thought he was injury prone, because i owend him in fantasy this year and last year and he did terrible in both. Turns out he was just terrible at fantasy last year and injured this year.

gatorbait
11-24-2010, 05:13 PM
lets see do you give the ball to your best player or a rookie?? hmmm, id be pissed too, and it cost them the game.

SNYmets86
11-24-2010, 05:19 PM
with young and turner there iggy needs to get the steppin

xabial
11-24-2010, 05:30 PM
Hey, kind of like Amare.

Lets break down your comment on Amar'e

Over-Paid Too Early to judge. Suns were willing to give him the same contract as the knicks just 3 yr guaranteed instead of 5. Dont say nobody else was willing to give him the 5 yr max. You just dont know that. Also So Far he earned His money.. Helping the Knicks Lead the League in blocks, almost as much as half the blocks they had all last year. Could be overpaid soon, only time will tell. But This is his first year after all, so Far so Good. He could continue to play like this year by year,.. Or Get injured for the next Four years. If he stays healthy i wouldnt regret that contract. If we make the playoffs, i wouldnt regret that contract. IF. See? Im speculating like you.

often injured- yea he has injury history. Anybody in the world knows that. He's had previous eye and knee surgeries. But is it affecting his game? Hell No. This year, Amar'e's playing one of the best defense of his career averaging 1.9 blocks Whose to say he doesnt get injured again? If your concern is conditioning Nobody knows the future... NOT even you, so STOP guessing based on the PAST...

Team isnt winning at the moment- Their Riding a Four Game winning streak, and if they win tonight Amare helps the Knicks do something they havent done since 2006... A Five Game Winning Streak. We've sucked for so long.. lol
Thats called being a difference maker, It isnt the best accomplishment but this shows Amare's presence has made a difference on the Knicks...
Team is 7-8, that isnt terrible. The East is Wide Open, because its a lot easier then the West. Last year they were 1-13.. after the first fourteen games i think.. So far after fifteen games we're in playoff contention.

Showmeyourtds
11-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Often injured? Do explain...

You are like the 8th person to ridicule the person who made that comment, he already admitted he was mistaken so why does everyone still deem it necessary to continually whine about his comment.....Once is fine, Twice someone might not have seen the first, Three times correcting is unncessary, Four times or more just means you're either illiterate or an a$$hole.

robdizzle3
11-24-2010, 05:52 PM
Damn... That looked bad... He looked like a little kid there for real.

xabial
11-24-2010, 06:05 PM
Damn... That looked bad... He looked like a little kid there for real.

Little kid because i didnt want to get into a flame war with eight people?..

Most Def

junion
11-24-2010, 06:27 PM
ai is the franchise player, it's his job to get the ball during the last moment. they didn't and he didn't understand why (lack of communication with the coach/players), then he was disappointed.

but it didn't really look like a "tantrum" to me. yeah he was very disappointed, but tantrum? nah.

pd1dish
11-24-2010, 06:38 PM
What a baby, its clear to me he doesn't want to be in Philly, its a shame that Philly fans are so good but dont give a crap about their basketball.

that made me lol. i dont mean to start anything with anybody or be offensive, but philly fans are by far the worst fans in sports

Westbrook36
11-24-2010, 06:54 PM
that made me lol. i dont mean to start anything with anybody or be offensive, but philly fans are by far the worst fans in sports

False, a common misconception made by the media. Do the fans enjoy messing at times with other fans? Of course (Simple things like people having a jersey on for the other team and saying something, not a big deal) Do other teams have fans that do the same exact thing? Without a doubt. I bet i'll hear about the Santa situation, another thing that people don't simply know too much about.

Westbrook36
11-24-2010, 06:55 PM
ai is the franchise player, it's his job to get the ball during the last moment. they didn't and he didn't understand why (lack of communication with the coach/players), then he was disappointed.

but it didn't really look like a "tantrum" to me. yeah he was very disappointed, but tantrum? nah.

A.I is the perfect number two option for some players, but he is not a franchise player. I love Iggy as much as the next 76ers fan, well some, but he's not a number one option type player.

m26555
11-24-2010, 06:59 PM
I really don't see how that constitutes a temper tantrum, but okay.

bringinwood
11-24-2010, 07:41 PM
False, a common misconception made by the media. Do the fans enjoy messing at times with other fans? Of course (Simple things like people having a jersey on for the other team and saying something, not a big deal) Do other teams have fans that do the same exact thing? Without a doubt. I bet i'll hear about the Santa situation, another thing that people don't simply know too much about.

Have you ever seen the Raider video where like 6 people are stabbing one Bronco fan ???

That's a little worse than a stadium of fans throwing snow balls at a dude who is wearing a santa suit staggering around drunk...

Rafer17
11-24-2010, 08:09 PM

He's missed six games in his six year career...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/i/iguodan01.html

No matter how good you are, if Iggy is your first option then your team will not do well. Its really not his fault...

Mrphilly
11-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Your Post made me LOL, I'm sure you never been to philly, let alone inside a philly stadium or arena. So what are you basing this on? You cant just go around repeating what you hear.

rickshaw
11-24-2010, 08:12 PM

i dont mean to start anything but im gonna say something that will obviously start something

GOON MUSIC
11-25-2010, 12:04 AM
cuz he knew with the ball in turner hands, the game was fail

xabial
11-25-2010, 12:38 AM
He's missed six games in his six year career...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/i/iguodan01.html

No matter how good you are, if Iggy is your first option then your team will not do well. Its really not his fault...

I get it

dolfan720
11-25-2010, 01:22 AM
ok fine Jared Jeffries for Iggy lol

Hunter48MVP
11-25-2010, 02:16 AM
Andre Iguodala :no:

pd1dish
11-25-2010, 01:45 PM

the santa situation is the most known example of bad philly fans, but thats not what i was referring to.

eagles fans cheered michael irvin's career ending injury as he was being carted off the field on a stretcher....classy.

you guys booed mcnabb when you drafted him. i know that a lot of times fans are upset with their teams draft picks, but it was supposed to be a happy, exciting day for a young player in mcnabb, and you guys probably made him feel like ****. and you never treated him right when he was at philly. he was the eagles savior for years, but he was treated like dirt. you guys should be happy that you got mcnabb instead of ricky williams after his crazy career.

philly fans have, on multiple occasions in history, thrown batteries at opposing teams players.

a philly fan intentionally threw up on an 11 year old girl. then, when the cops came to arrest him, he threw up on one of the cops and tried to fight him.

all this, not to mention my own personal experience at philadelphia. i lived there for 3 years and my dad took me to a eagles vs. bears game. i am a chicago fan and was wearing my brian urlacher jersey. the bears lost by 3. besides the fact that my favorite team lost, it was the WORST sporting event experience of my life. 90% of the other philly fans around me were drunken idiots. they were talking trash to my dad and I the entire game. do you know how annoying it is to hear some drunk, fat douche bag sitting directly behind you talking **** for 3 hours straight? beer was being spilled on us throughtout the game. not on purpose, but because every one around us was wasted.

i know you can say that this stuff happens at every stadium, and philadelphia just has a bad rep already and thats why everyone thinks philly fans suck. no!!! philly fans suck because its true. this kind of stuff happens at other stadiums around the country, but it happens an abnormal amount at philly. the ONLY recent story i can think of off the top of my head of another team having an incident like this is at paul brown stadium when the little kid was tackled.

rickshaw
11-25-2010, 02:00 PM
the santa situation is the most known example of bad philly fans, but thats not what i was referring to.

eagles fans cheered michael irvin's career ending injury as he was being carted off the field on a stretcher....classy.

you guys booed mcnabb when you drafted him. i know that a lot of times fans are upset with their teams draft picks, but it was supposed to be a happy, exciting day for a young player in mcnabb, and you guys probably made him feel like ****. and you never treated him right when he was at philly. he was the eagles savior for years, but he was treated like dirt. you guys should be happy that you got mcnabb instead of ricky williams after his crazy career.

philly fans have, on multiple occasions in history, thrown batteries at opposing teams players.

a philly fan intentionally threw up on an 11 year old girl. then, when the cops came to arrest him, he threw up on one of the cops and tried to fight him.

all this, not to mention my own personal experience at philadelphia. i lived there for 3 years and my dad took me to a eagles vs. bears game. i am a chicago fan and was wearing my brian urlacher jersey. the bears lost by 3. besides the fact that my favorite team lost, it was the WORST sporting event experience of my life. 90% of the other philly fans around me were drunken idiots. they were talking trash to my dad and I the entire game. do you know how annoying it is to hear some drunk, fat douche bag sitting directly behind you talking **** for 3 hours straight? beer was being spilled on us throughtout the game. not on purpose, but because every one around us was wasted.

i know you can say that this stuff happens at every stadium, and philadelphia just has a bad rep already and thats why everyone thinks philly fans suck. no!!! philly fans suck because its true. this kind of stuff happens at other stadiums around the country, but it happens an abnormal amount at philly. the ONLY recent story i can think of off the top of my head of another team having an incident like this is at paul brown stadium when the little kid was tackled.

:horse:

:violin:

xxcubs22xx
11-25-2010, 02:15 PM

This.

Plus, it's an inbound play. You pass it in to either 1. Your Rookie, or 2. Your playmaker...

Seems pretty justified to me

smith&wesson
11-25-2010, 02:46 PM
hold on a second here.
are you guys actually pegging the blame on Iggy and Iggy alone ?

:laugh:

you guys are hilarious.

first of all did anyone watch iggy in the summer tourny ? he was
incredable. thats what happens when a good coach knows what
to do with a good player.

phillie doesnt know how to use its assets, why cant turner and iggy
co-exist ? because the coaching staff doesnt know how to make them
co-exist. there should be no problems with having two swingmen that are
that good to play the 2-3 position. and guess what the last shot should
be going to Iggy and not the rookie. thats a coaching problem right there.

if you guys actually think iggy is a problem on your team, im gonna ask you
to watch the summer games again where he out shined almost every other
player on the team.

iggy will get traded, and the 76ers are still gonna suck for a long time.
phillie can actually have somthing nice with iggy and turner together,
they should keep that tandem and make iggy the go to guy obviously
and turner as the 2nd go to guy. and build around those two.
theres no reason why those two cant be playing along side eachother effectivly
the last shot should def be going to iggy and not the rookie, to me that is a coaching error.

Jays Claw
11-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Its not smart basketball... He is a playmaker true... He is athletic true... But he is not a good jump shooter by any means... His best work is when he goes right to the basket but instead he holds the ball near the 3 point line until there is next to nothing left on the clock and takes a jump shot instead of playing to his strengths...

I couldn't agree more. His clutch play (4th quarter/OT+ stats) have been awful and I wouldn't want him taking the final shot under any circumstances.

'10-11:

Iguodala - (-20.7 Net48, .200 eFG% & 0.0 Win%)

Shot Selection:

Jump - 60%
Close - 20%
Dunk - 20%
Tips - 0%
Inside - 40%

It's pretty evident that this guy sucks during the 4th quarter/OT. Iggy's shot selection is horrible and the Sixers have produced 0 wins everytime he receives 25%+ of the minutes available.

robdizzle3
11-25-2010, 10:02 PM
Little kid because i didnt want to get into a flame war with eight people?..

Most Def

I was talking about Iggy

rickshaw
11-25-2010, 10:19 PM
hold on a second here.
are you guys actually pegging the blame on Iggy and Iggy alone ?

:laugh:

you guys are hilarious.

first of all did anyone watch iggy in the summer tourny ? he was
incredable. thats what happens when a good coach knows what
to do with a good player.

phillie doesnt know how to use its assets, why cant turner and iggy
co-exist ? because the coaching staff doesnt know how to make them
co-exist. there should be no problems with having two swingmen that are
that good to play the 2-3 position. and guess what the last shot should
be going to Iggy and not the rookie. thats a coaching problem right there.

if you guys actually think iggy is a problem on your team, im gonna ask you
to watch the summer games again where he out shined almost every other
player on the team.
iggy will get traded, and the 76ers are still gonna suck for a long time.
phillie can actually have somthing nice with iggy and turner together,
they should keep that tandem and make iggy the go to guy obviously
and turner as the 2nd go to guy. and build around those two.
theres no reason why those two cant be playing along side eachother effectivly
the last shot should def be going to iggy and not the rookie, to me that is a coaching error.

he outshined because he wasnt asked to be the best player. durant did the scoring while iggy was the second swingman who could roam off the ball and play shutdown defense. when hes asked to be the scorer he is not as good. "the coaching staff doesnt know how to use him" because they dont have a scoring swingman to put next to him (maybe turner becomes that). but you cant use the guy the right way when the team is built different and with less talent than the usa team

ink
11-25-2010, 10:23 PM
There was no tantrum. :shrug: Lame thread.

Sixerlover
11-25-2010, 11:17 PM
:laugh2:

dodie53
11-26-2010, 08:21 AM
:facepalm:

newbs001
11-26-2010, 10:23 AM

Def off-topic but I didn't know that was a common occurrence. Apparently batteries are thrown at opposing fans also. My friends went to a Mets v. Philly game and said that after the game, batteries came flying their way and dented their car. One friend had his little brother with him.

xbrackattackx
11-26-2010, 10:45 AM
Send Iggy to NO or NY.