PDA

View Full Version : Bad Attitude

JasonJohnHorn
11-23-2010, 05:51 PM
LBJ was recently quotes as saying: “What we're lacking are two things: That is fun and a little bit of swagger right now.” Fun and swagger? Is that really what the Heat are missing? Or is it a bench? and rebounding? and chemistry? and coaching? and experience? and consistent play from Bosh, Wade and James?

I personally think going into thinking all you need to win is to have swaggar and a little fun is a bad attitude. Not that I think either is a bad thing to have, but it isnt what wins games for you, and with the list of problems Miami does have, I hardly think fun and swaggar are at the top of the list, and acting like the problem is that small is just going to aggrivate the the actually problems because then they wont be addressed.

tcav701
11-23-2010, 05:56 PM
I dunno,

Swagger helps Ray Lewis talk to animals.

Byronicle
11-23-2010, 05:58 PM
winning is pretty fun

and you got to earn the 'swagger'

but seriously my explanation to this is that there is probably some sort of clashing of egos happening behind close doors or something for players to be miserable on this team. and if that is the case, and i will bet my bottom dollar that it is, then LBJ really has to stop making excuses for this team and just man up

sep11ie
11-23-2010, 06:10 PM
I think they really need to work on thier hand shakes/high fives. Turns out, thats a MAJOR aspect of a quality winning team.

haggis
11-23-2010, 06:21 PM
I dunno,

:clap:

IDB Josh M
11-23-2010, 06:24 PM
FUN?!?!?

If LBJ wanted fun, his dumbass should have stayed in Cleveland. With all the hanky panky he was doing there with Mo Williams and company.

LayZbone
11-23-2010, 06:32 PM
LBJ was recently quotes as saying: “What we're lacking are two things: That is fun and a little bit of swagger right now.” Fun and swagger? Is that really what the Heat are missing? Or is it a bench? and rebounding? and chemistry? and coaching? and experience? and consistent play from Bosh, Wade and James?

Riley is the ultimate motivator. I've been on Coach Spo's side for a long time, and I feel bad that the Heat aren't performing very well right now because that could very well put him in the hot seat. But having Riles on the sideline would go a long way towards giving this team the kick in the rear that they need. Nothing we can do about the weak bench until Haslem & Miller return (who make it a good bench).

Tony_Starks
11-23-2010, 06:34 PM
The fun will come once they get a nice win streak going and the pressure eases up a lil bit.

As far as the swag goes him and DWade never had a problem in that departments but Chris Bosh has the swagger of a gay pirate.....

edit-

no offense to any pirates!

tcav701
11-23-2010, 06:36 PM
Riley is the ultimate motivator. I've been on Coach Spo's side for a long time, and I feel bad that the Heat aren't performing very well right now because that could very well put him in the hot seat. But having Riles on the sideline would go a long way towards giving this team the kick in the rear that they need. Nothing we can do about the weak bench until Haslem & Miller return (who make it a good bench).

Yeah,

I dont think Spo os a bad coach, I just think these spoiled stars don't respect them.

I doubt he's asking his guys not to play D, rebound or move without the ball.

The coach and the role players look scared to upset the big three who have become the voice of this team. They do need a coach that can do the talking for them and keep the focused on basketball.

Hoopsadvocate
11-23-2010, 06:43 PM
:facepalm:

Come on He doent mean just do that and nothing else urbeing way to crtical of his words. He means somethng along the lines of what chris bosh sai before when he wasnt doing so well "I just started relax and play my game and stopped thinking so much"

If you overthink anything ur can mess urself up. I think it has to do with the "chill and work" quote too. They mean lets get back to this being a natural thing where it flows on the court and for them thats swagger and fun. If your playing basketball and have a bunch of specific schemes to play out where positioning is everything are ur always thinking and not letting ur game just come ur probably gonna make a couple mistakes and get frustrated. Where as when ur having fun and have confidence u play a whole different way.

I think the same thing is what led michael beasley play the way he did. He wasnt a basketball smart guy and while talented he tryed to change his game from fun and swagger to technical which obviously wasnt his thing. Now that he doesnt have to think so technically on the court he has confidence and that has made all the difference.

Thats all.

Bishnoff
11-23-2010, 06:58 PM
LBJ should take a note out of the Delonte West Book of Fun and Swagger. Oh wait, that would be incest.

braveniler58
11-23-2010, 07:51 PM
LBJ should take a note out of the Delonte West Book of Fun and Swagger. Oh wait, that would be incest.

:laugh:

smith&wesson
11-23-2010, 08:14 PM
LBJ is a yapper and a half. he needs to learn how to play through struggles and stop talking smack. funny how wades not making any excuses and just playing i respect that man.

pat riley is probably thinking omg, i should have just got amare and then went after mello.

LA_Raiders
11-23-2010, 08:18 PM
I dunno,

lol

Super.
11-23-2010, 08:24 PM
LBJ is realizing that he painted a giant bullseye on his back, that his bench blows, and that being the villian isn't fun.

Aww how sad

mjt20mik
11-23-2010, 08:36 PM
LBJ is a yapper and a half. he needs to learn how to play through struggles and stop talking smack. funny how wades not making any excuses and just playing i respect that man.

pat riley is probably thinking omg, i should have just got amare and then went after mello.

Wade is a class act no doubt. However, the media can take stuff out of proportion.

el_primo_nano
11-23-2010, 08:40 PM
He needs to shut up and win. Stop making excuses, what a crybaby.

Chronz
11-24-2010, 03:13 PM
Why is this bad? Would you really expect him to start calling out players by name or anything? That would be even worse IMO. Besides there is some truth to his words, your talking about a guy that got 66Wins out of a what seems to be a less than .500 team, my guess is he know what it takes to win at a high level in this league. But the fun comes with the winning, and that will come with health. These guys dont know that theyve been good to start the year because people keep cramming expectations on them that are truly irrelevant at this point.

Hawkeye15
11-24-2010, 03:23 PM
Why is this bad? Would you really expect him to start calling out players by name or anything? That would be even worse IMO. Besides there is some truth to his words, your talking about a guy that got 66Wins out of a what seems to be a less than .500 team, my guess is he know what it takes to win at a high level in this league. But the fun comes with the winning, and that will come with health. These guys dont know that theyve been good to start the year because people keep cramming expectations on them that are truly irrelevant at this point.

Hi, I am the portion of PSD with the maturity level of a 12 year old. Have we met?

Chronz
11-24-2010, 03:45 PM
Yea but JJH is part of that +20 age group, at the least. When teams ask a player about his teams weakness its a loaded question. Answer honestly, ala Tmac, and you get bashed for not supporting your squad and singling out players. I thought Bron gave a halfhearted response but hes going to answer a million of these questions throughout the season, lets not hang on his every word now.

ManRam
11-24-2010, 03:51 PM
He needs to shut up and win. Stop making excuses, what a crybaby.

Do you guys just not want him to talk? In post game interviews do you just want him to sit their and nod his head?

Jesus Christ...he said nothing at all that warrants a "he needs to shut up". He's not making excuses; making excuses would be saying "my teammates aren't good enough", "my coach isn't good enough".

All he's saying is that they need to loosen up, relax, play team ball and have some fun. Again, what's wrong with that? What good comes from saying "well, gosh, you're right...we have so many weakness. You know what, we're screwed. I'm an idiot for thinking I could win here!".

Come on...

I'm surprised you guys don't make a thread every time he breathes. This is just ridiculous.

ManRam
11-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Whoa. Some one just said he's talking smack here!

OMG. Can't breath. Suffocated by mind-numbing hate.

You Wade-lovers, and LeBron haters...is this burning-at-the-stake worthy too?

"You just want to see enjoyment out there with guys, you want to see guys having fun playing together," Wade said. "Myself, LeBron, and Chris [Bosh], this is what we wanted to do. You want to see guys having fun playing with us and I don't think you're seeing that."

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14347208/lebron-wade-need-to-figure-out-roles-and-start-having-fun

KILL HIM!! How dare he mention having fun! How dare he suggest that they just need to play loose and play like they know how to! He is such a terrible human being!

TopsyTurvy
11-24-2010, 05:15 PM
He needs to pass around the henny in the locker room at halftime and get his Dougie back on out there on the court.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
11-24-2010, 05:55 PM
i agree with half of what LeBronze said

he used the wrong verbiage.

not 'swagger' ... 'confidence' ... i swear i can smell the nervousness through the TV when i watched them play the C's

and not 'fun' ... 'relaxed' ... they are playing very uptight and nervous. relax and do what you do best...

FKNRUEHH925
11-24-2010, 06:12 PM
I dunno,

I LOL'd