PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Like to See Come Of the Nex CBA?

JasonJohnHorn
11-23-2010, 01:44 PM
I know there are a number of things that the NBA and players want from the CBA, but what would you as fans like to see?

High school players? Should they be allowed? Or does raising the age another year seem like a better idea? (I think players should be allowed to enter after highschool, but teams just need to be smarter about how high they pick guys who are long-term investmentes over NBA read talent).

Longer or shorter contracts? (I dont mind the length of contracts, I just dont like how teams pay way above the market value for some players like Gibert and Rashad, though I think a 4 year max for players who arent your, and a 5 year max for players who are already on your roster seems reasonable).

Guaranteed contracts? Thoughts?

Buy-out clauses for European players? (I'd like to see guys like Rubio and Splitter get over here when they are drafred, perhaps a rule needs to be made that would allow teams to buy out the contracts of their own draft picks regardless of pay roll salary).

higher vet min? (I'm for this personally, I hate seeing teams give up so much money while trying to outbid for midlevel talent, only to see quality role players scrounge for decent contracts).

Limit on big contracts? Should teams only be allowed to pay 10 mil+ for a certain number of players?

Just wondering what the fans of the game were hoping to see come from the collective barganing agreement. thoughts?

king4day
11-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Contracts should be no longer than 4 years.
Hard caps. Keep the league balanced.
Non-guaranteed contracts.

xbrackattackx
11-23-2010, 02:02 PM
I hope the players salaries drop at least half. Maybe players will appreciate the chance to play in the NBA again instead of making sure they get millions and millions. And looking like Prima Donnas.

dtmagnet
11-23-2010, 05:21 PM
Non-guaranteed contracts would be so good for the league, no more signing a big deal then taking it easy.

JasonJohnHorn
11-23-2010, 06:29 PM
I think profit sharing for the teams would be great to.

I notice a lot of the time fans get upset with the players for the high salaries, but its really the multi-billionaire team owners who take in huge profits every year and can over pay mid-level talent that drive the market value up for guys that arent that good.

The NFL has a lot of things that work well, like no guaranteed contracts, but they also have profit sharing for the owners, so that no one team makes a disgusting amount more than another team, and they all in turn have the same pool of money to draw from when it comes to spending cash on players.

I like the soft cap, and I think a hard cap would really be too big a change for the league right now, so a soft cap, with limited size and legnth combined with owner profit sharing would help even the playing field out for small market teams.

BillyHoyle35
11-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Im liking the draft rules with making players go to college first, generally the talent and impact of the rookies is looking better without unready high school players being taken

D1JM
11-23-2010, 06:41 PM
hardcap, no more mle and contracts being about 3-4 years.

Kevj77
11-23-2010, 07:01 PM
No hard cap.
4 year guarunteed contracts.
Lower the yearly raises for max players.

Possibly eliminate exceptions, but allow Bird rights. This allows teams to continue to keep homegrown talent. They won't be able to land any FA above the vet min. Makes the soft cap a lot harder. Gives teams with cap room a much better shot at FAs, instead of players taking the MLE to play on a contender.

A lot of this is on the owners they need to step up and take their part of the blame. They were complaining about losing money and they go out this summer overpaying players. Stop giving max money to players that aren't max talent. Stop paying someone like Eric Dampier $10 mil just for being tall.

Rafer17
11-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Whatever makes the ticket prices go lower, well do that....

ManRam
11-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Non-guaranteed contracts will never be accepted by the player's union...but I'd be for it. At least partially guaranteed contracts.

I actually really like how the cap works now. I think it works very well, I think it requires teams to be savvy. I could go on and on...but I really like it.

I don't know what I'd change.

kgjfan243
11-23-2010, 09:38 PM
lower salaries
hard cap

Allstar21
11-23-2010, 10:03 PM
lets pay the players nothing so the billionaire owners can make more money

MGB
11-23-2010, 10:24 PM
let players enter straight out of HS... it'd improve the college game and possibly free up scholarships for people who actually want to goto school...

BillyHoyle35
11-24-2010, 07:43 PM
let players enter straight out of HS... it'd improve the college game and possibly free up scholarships for people who actually want to goto school...

thats a good argument for letting players enter out of high school.

Jeff Boyd
11-24-2010, 07:48 PM
If your team doesnt make the playoffs 4 years in a row, GM Fired.

NBA should be able to void trades.