PDA

View Full Version : James: No fun in Miami

Gibby23
11-23-2010, 12:14 PM
James was asked after Monday's loss to describe what precisely is wrong with the Heat.

“What we're lacking are two things: That is fun and a little bit of swagger right now.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoopmiamiheat/post/_/id/1640/when-do-you-sound-the-alarm

I put a thread up last night asking why Lebron isn't the same Lebron this year. The one that had a great time and loved to dance around. I said it looked as though he was playing tight and it caused the rest of the team to play tight. Lebron just said the same thing I said.

I wonder why that thread got closed, when it was money.

xbrackattackx
11-23-2010, 12:20 PM
Cause they don't appreciate your great opinions!

I agree though..He hasn't looked like he has had fun once this season.

CLASSOF72
11-23-2010, 12:30 PM
It's just that not all "decisions" are good ones. The Heat need to realise they're still a few pieces away and maybe a quality coach from being a true contender.

ttam68
11-23-2010, 12:38 PM
This thread belongs in the Heat Index

Hunter48MVP
11-23-2010, 12:39 PM
"We're not having fun at all," James said.

Because of the spotlight?

"No, not for me," James said. "I mean, I've been in the spotlight for a long time, and I've continued to have fun. And I've kind of gotten away from it, but I need to get it back."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/heat/commentary-loss-to-indiana-pacers-as-sorry-a-1067909.html

phoenix_bladen
11-23-2010, 12:53 PM
haahahahahah

goblazers7
11-23-2010, 12:55 PM
Seeing the heat not perform at the level they should makes me
happy.

Hunter48MVP
11-23-2010, 12:56 PM
happy.

me too.

RaiderLakersA's
11-23-2010, 12:56 PM
The fun will come when they start winning consistently. No worries.

Jonathan2323
11-23-2010, 12:57 PM
LeBron needs to start dancing again.

Ebbs
11-23-2010, 12:57 PM
Watching Wade last night had me in tears . . . He played god awful 1-11 1-5 from the line . . . in thirty some minutes what a joke.

I still have no doubt that if they stay strong t hey can win but they need to man up an play as a damn team.

ManRam
11-23-2010, 12:58 PM
They do look uncomfortable out there...

He is better when he's loose, when he is enjoying himself, and when he and his teammates get along great. He had all that chemistry in Cleveland, and it will come in due time in Miami.

mjt20mik
11-23-2010, 01:00 PM
They do look uncomfortable out there...

He is better when he's loose, when he is enjoying himself, and when he and his teammates get along great. He had all that chemistry in Cleveland, and it will come in due time in Miami.

x2

Illinirob83
11-23-2010, 01:13 PM
playing in half-full arenas at home can't be all that much fun. I guess the "king" needed a "history lesson" on how Miami is as a crap sports city.

jezzyman05
11-23-2010, 01:16 PM
I bet LeBron is wishing that he had stayed in Cleveland ---:laugh:

Cano4prez
11-23-2010, 01:17 PM
playing in half-full arenas at home can't be all that much fun. I guess the "king" needed a "history lesson" on how Miami is as a crap sports city.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/sort/homePct

Kiss Ma Grits
11-23-2010, 01:17 PM
How is it not fun in Miami Lebron??? You got all the beaches, beach babes, night clubs and ocean you want! If you're talking about winning, weeeell it's not gonna happen. Quit saying he needs to get back to the way he was in Cleveland when he's already there....sigh....he's still the same ole' choke artist that he was in Cleveland. This is not highschool Lebron.

SensandRaps
11-23-2010, 01:18 PM
james and bosh both need to shut up and play. look at wade he hasnt been complaining or going to the media at all but everyday there seems to be something new about bosh and wade. only start talking when your team starts winning

Jonathan2323
11-23-2010, 01:18 PM

All the games have had full attendance. I think you need a lesson.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

Jonathan2323
11-23-2010, 01:20 PM

Capacity is 19,600 and the avg is 19,605
http://espn.go.com/travel/stadium/_/s/nba/id/14/americanairlines-are

path2zion
11-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Plus delonte did his mom

Teeboy1487
11-23-2010, 01:22 PM
It all boils down to Ws. It's fun when they are winning but it's not fun when losing. I say just shut up and play your best.

Avenged
11-23-2010, 01:27 PM
It's not fun because you're not winning. It's still very early in the season but i'll be lying if their early struggles didn't make me happy even if I know it's temporary. They'll pick it up eventually, unfortunately.

John Walls Era
11-23-2010, 01:32 PM
Wade was god awful last night.,

AddiX
11-23-2010, 01:32 PM
Maybe if Bron took less time staring at the camera and the fans every time he scored a bucket like a Priest looks at a young boy, it would be fun again.

I don't know why Bosh and Wade keep getting called out, last I checked it was Bron who was going to score less to get his teammates going. What happened? Did he forget?

Or maybe now he is realizing how good he had it in Cleveland. He had everything there. The team was built to make him look and play like a superstar. And now hes on a team with 2 other guys who want the ball. And it doesn't look good at all.

Matrix3132
11-23-2010, 01:36 PM

Could've fooled me with all the empty seats!

Those numbers are always skewed and mean nothing if your arena is half empty on certain nights....

justinnum1
11-23-2010, 01:38 PM

Sure.:rolleyes:

tcav701
11-23-2010, 01:38 PM

The Heat have an infomerical on how to be a good fan...

xbrackattackx
11-23-2010, 01:41 PM
I can see this being the reason he looks so tight out there.

Sly Guy
11-23-2010, 01:42 PM
"what should I do? Embrace my role, as the villain?"

they're gonna have to if they want to succeed. No press outside of south beach is gonna give them any breaks.

wmudford
11-23-2010, 01:47 PM
should have gone to chicago bron

nycsports2
11-23-2010, 01:47 PM

well put

t_money25
11-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Could've fooled me with all the empty seats!

Those numbers are always skewed and mean nothing if your arena is half empty on certain nights....

Half empty? i have season tickets and have been to 7 games. The arena was always full. It starts to empty late in the 3rd quarter either when the Heat are up big or it looks like they're gonna lose

DaBUU
11-23-2010, 01:54 PM
Half empty? i have season tickets and have been to 7 games. The arena was always full. It starts to empty late in the 3rd quarter either when the Heat are up big or it looks like they're gonna lose

that makes it so much better

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-23-2010, 02:00 PM
In the immortal words of GODOLPHINS !!!!

" IM SO LOVING THIS RIGHT NOW"

ANKUSH
11-23-2010, 02:01 PM

In actuality what you see happening in the Heat's case is that seats are selling out, but the max number of fans aren't coming to games. What gets lost in the data is that many of these tix go through secondary outlets who have scavenged them up at group prices and then try to sell them off to a public at a marginal difference based on the supposed "demand" for the tickets. The Heat does not lose money based on sales (they've sold all their tickets), but these secondary outlets have not. The Heat suffer, though, from a lack of merchandise revenue b/c they do not have max amount of fans at the game. The HEAT organization, itself, has made a public plea on their OWN WEBSITE for fans to show up...you can check it out yourself.

peace,
ANKUSH

Matrix3132
11-23-2010, 02:02 PM

Nice, a counterpoint for my comment and then bury yourself, nothing like the full house when it's 0-0!

Caps1989
11-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Ha. Everything is coming full circle for LeBron now. He had it all (minus the ring) in Cleaveland. Then he left in the most moronic way possible to join the team of his dream. Now his dream is a nightmare and he wishes he was back in Cleaveland where he had it all (minus the ring). Lifes a ***** LeBron.

Gibby23
In actuality what you see happening in the Heat's case is that seats are selling out, but the max number of fans aren't coming to games. What gets lost in the data is that many of these tix go through secondary outlets who have scavenged them up at group prices and then try to sell them off to a public at a marginal difference based on the supposed "demand" for the tickets. The Heat does not lose money based on sales (they've sold all their tickets), but these secondary outlets have not. The Heat suffer, though, from a lack of merchandise revenue b/c they do not have max amount of fans at the game. The HEAT organization, itself, has made a public plea on their OWN WEBSITE for fans to show up...you can check it out yourself.

peace,
ANKUSH

Here it is:

http://www.nba.com/heat/tickets/heat_fan_up_miami_2010.html

SouthSideRookie

Are we talking about tix sold or actual people at the game. That place is dead.

Shonuff
11-23-2010, 02:07 PM

He means when the fans leave during the 3rd quarter.

DLeeicious
11-23-2010, 02:11 PM

loooooool this post is great. Gotta love trying to argue against someone and proving their point for them.

Bigbadmoffo
11-23-2010, 02:13 PM
How is it not fun in Miami Lebron??? You got all the beaches, beach babes, night clubs and ocean you want! If you're talking about winning, weeeell it's not gonna happen. Quit saying he needs to get back to the way he was in Cleveland when he's already there....sigh....he's still the same ole' choke artist that he was in Cleveland. This is not highschool Lebron.

You guys think they actually have time during the season to enjoy the beaches. They're on the road for have the season and when they get back they need to practice and sleep. Ppl that say it must be nice playing in Miami but any player on any team can live in miami on the offseason.

smith&wesson
11-23-2010, 02:13 PM
i dont mind seeing miami lose, its not because im a miami hater,
its because we got theyre protected first rounder and the worst they do
the better our pick is :o

t_money25
11-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Nice, a counterpoint for my comment and then bury yourself, nothing like the full house when it's 0-0!

It's called beating the crowd out of the door. Some people don't like sitting in traffic for an hour after a blowout cause we wanna get home in decent time. The next time you see the Lakers blowing out another team in the 4th quarter and Kobe is on the bench watch how fast those seats empty.

BkOriginalOne
11-23-2010, 02:21 PM
I never thought the Heat would be that good because they really only had about 7 players, as soon as one goes down they'd be screwed.
Now Haslem is getting surgery and Miller is out.
Sad for those guys, but the best part is that they can't even make trades to bolster their depth.
Imagine if they gave AI and Tmac the calls they should've

KeepMonta#8
11-23-2010, 02:22 PM
happy.

Hater :box:

TheWatcher34
11-23-2010, 02:24 PM
i am looking forward to the Cavs-Heat match up...and witnessing the heat loose. YEEAHH!!!

jimbobjarree
11-23-2010, 02:32 PM
awww I feel so sorry for them, earning $110 million but having no fun, poor babies

Jay22Redd
11-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Not much of a Lebron fan anymore but hate to say Wade play this way

KingsPhillies
11-23-2010, 02:51 PM

x2. That's the first thing that popped into my head when I read the title of this thread. Chicago would have been a much better fit for LeBron, I think. They have the pieces to succeed without it being a "superstar circus". Adding LeBron would have made an already strong team stronger. Rose/LeBron/Noah would be a much more effective "Big 3" than Wade/LeBron/Bosh have been. Chicago just has a stronger roster, top to bottom. They could have even dealt Deng for a stronger starting SG. Even if the kept Deng, Rose/Bogans/LeBron/Gibson(or Boozer)/Noah with Deng/Korver(personally I think Korver should start over Bogans) off the bench would be sick. But I guess hindsight is always 20/20.

And no, I'm not a Bulls fan.

faze38
11-23-2010, 02:52 PM

For what to have the same problem with Rose! The Bulls are in good position to be a very good team if they would have added Lebron they would have been worse off because Rose is not a jumpshooter and would become the third wheel! That is why Rose didn't want Lebron! He was better served going to the Knicks or staying in Cleveland because Amare would have been the best complimentry player he would have ever played with in NY and Cleveland was built for him he just needed a good finisher to pass the ball too! I know everyone is gonna say but who were they gonna get? Crazy trades happen all the time and last time I saw Hickson play I think he is becoming that guy that Lebron needed! To bad Lebron got caught up in the glamour and followed Bosh like a lost puppy! The person that should have gone to Chicago from Miami is Mike Miller he is the player the Bulls need! Melo would also fit the role but screw that come to NY Melo so we can put NY back were it belongs in basketball on top!

kobebabe
11-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Believe me they will pick it up at some point! Don't write them off. They are a great team with so much talent going through a learning period. They will be rolling soon. I am just been as unbiased and realistic as i can be

nickdymez
11-23-2010, 02:54 PM

True fans..... :facepalm:

awmathewsjr
11-23-2010, 03:01 PM
happy.

dido

adj3369
11-23-2010, 03:04 PM
mike tolbert for the san diego chargers said he didn't like the denver broncos acting high and mighty and being on their high horse ever since they got josh mcdaniels...i had a friend ask me why do people really seem to be rubbed the wrong way by people who act high and mighty. and what i answered with i believe is demonstrated fully by this miami heat/lebron fiasco. No one likes a bully. no one likes the big kid playing against smaller and younger kids and dominating. the miami heat tried to gang up and make a super roster that could be, in effect, the big kid. and on top of that, this big kid goes prancing around and show boating and so everyone is like, so what, you're bigger going up against little kids, you should be ashamed of yourself. so the people begin to cheer for the underdog, the little man. to knock this guy off his high horse. thats what we have with the heat.

Weezy
11-23-2010, 03:10 PM
man can't he just shut up already?

Hawkeye15
11-23-2010, 03:16 PM
man can't he just shut up already?

i guarantee all the mods in the NBA forum are asking the same thing..

RIPSweetness34
11-23-2010, 03:16 PM

hahahahaha, should have come to Chi Town LBJ, you could have had it all. Top tier C, PG, PF, good defense, a great coach the players love and Sports Weeklys #1 sports city in the nation. But MJ's shadow was too damn big for you, which is ok, because D Rose doesn't think it's too big for him.

RIPSweetness34
11-23-2010, 03:21 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/sort/homePct

You know what else I see here? The Bulls have the highest average attendance per game. Best fans in the world baby, you might have had fun playin w D Rose for the next 7 years LBJ!

Hawkeye15
11-23-2010, 03:21 PM
hahahahaha, should have come to Chi Town LBJ, you could have had it all. Top tier C, PG, PF, good defense, a great coach the players love and Sports Weeklys #1 sports city in the nation. But MJ's shadow was too damn big for you, which is ok, because D Rose doesn't think it's too big for him.

Rose didn't have a choice. He had to go to Chicago. They drafted him

Hawkeye15
11-23-2010, 03:23 PM
this summer has been interesting. It really shows how hateful fans can be. I doubt Miami fans knew on the early July night that all of this was waiting for them. There are such a high percentage of fans out there that just salivate at the thought of the Heat failing, and love to call out their fans, their city, and the players in general for every single thing that happens. What happens in 3 years when the Heat are rolling over everyone? Will you then question the maturity of Heat fans throwing it in your face, while you did the exact same thing?
I think a lot of fans need to grow up and stop taking everything so personally.

Raph12
11-23-2010, 03:25 PM
He looks different because for the first time in over 3 years, his team has lost 6 of their first 14 games, maybe 7 of 15 by tomorrow.

Cullksinikers
11-23-2010, 03:26 PM

Or he's wishing he came to Chicago.

PG- Rose
SG- Korver/Bogans/Brewer
SF- James
PF- Boozer
C- Noah

Not only that amazing starting five which most likely wins the East, he would get tons of endorsements that he'd get from playing in Chicago. He missed out on more money, but you would think that a team with 3 very talented players could get the job done. Right now, the lack of a solidified bench and Haslem is hurting them. They haven't hit a rythym yet, so when they do, they'll be good. I knew they wouldn't win 73, whoever did had wishful thinking or thought this team was way better than it really is. Give it some time, they'll hit their stride. Plus, they'll get Miller back eventually which will help them somewhat.

Gibby23
11-23-2010, 03:28 PM
this summer has been interesting. It really shows how hateful fans can be. I doubt Miami fans knew on the early July night that all of this was waiting for them. There are such a high percentage of fans out there that just salivate at the thought of the Heat failing, and love to call out their fans, their city, and the players in general for every single thing that happens. What happens in 3 years when the Heat are rolling over everyone? Will you then question the maturity of Heat fans throwing it in your face, while you did the exact same thing?

Didn't they already do that in July? With the Yes. We. Did. or You Mad stuff. With all of the ring counting and saying they can challange the Bulls record.

Didn't ESPN throw it in our face with The HEAT Index and the "Decision"?

Didn't Lebron, Wade, adn Bosh throw it in the faces of other NBA fans by saying something like 6, 7, 8 rings without doing a damn thing as a team. they deserve all of this, now we can see what they are really made of.

Frezhnitz
11-23-2010, 03:28 PM
Haha Heats are a joke. Three superstars and they still stink. Should of stayed in Cleveland Lebron.

Statik1
11-23-2010, 03:29 PM
heat index low!

faze38
11-23-2010, 03:29 PM

You guys do not have a top tier C, PF or PG. Rose is close very close but don't get it confused CP3 and D.Will are in a complete class of their own everyone else behind them are second tier PGs! Don't even get me started on the C and PF position because that statement is so off it's not even funny!

Blandy
11-23-2010, 03:32 PM

but the fans there are really quiet. sitting there while texting with occasional claps doesnt make you a great crowd

faze38
11-23-2010, 03:32 PM
Or he's wishing he came to Chicago.

PG- Rose
SG- Korver/Bogans/Brewer
SF- James
PF- Boozer
C- Noah

Not only that amazing starting five which most likely wins the East, he would get tons of endorsements that he'd get from playing in Chicago. He missed out on more money, but you would think that a team with 3 very talented players could get the job done. Right now, the lack of a solidified bench and Haslem is hurting them. They haven't hit a rythym yet, so when they do, they'll be good. I knew they wouldn't win 73, whoever did had wishful thinking or thought this team was way better than it really is. Give it some time, they'll hit their stride. Plus, they'll get Miller back eventually which will help them somewhat.

Brewer, Bogans and Korver wouldn't have been there for u guys if you would have got Lebron unless u could have found away to unload Deng's terriable contract!

tangent12
11-23-2010, 03:33 PM
This is cute.

It's funny seeing them saying these kind of things once they realized they're not a good team. It's also funny how Heat fans were everywhere during the off season and now a Heat fan sighting is as rare as a UFO sighting. :laugh2:

This is probably one of the biggest failures in sports history. Weak bench, weak down low, weak at the PG position and at the end of the day, it's two good players and an emotionally troubled decent player with an identity crisis. :laugh2:

caddiemaster
11-23-2010, 03:33 PM
will trade monta ellis for him!

Cullksinikers
11-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Brewer, Bogans and Korver wouldn't have been there for u guys if you would have got Lebron unless u could have found away to unload Deng's terriable contract!

It would've been one of those guys, most likely Korver, and we probably could've traded him, but gotten a horrible deal.

tcav701
11-23-2010, 03:35 PM
Didn't they already do that in July? With the Yes. We. Did. or You Mad stuff. With all of the ring counting and saying they can challange the Bulls record. Didn't ESPN throw it in our face with The HEAT Index and the "Decision"?

Didn't Lebron, Wade, adn Bosh throw it in the faces of other NBA fans by saying something like 6, 7, 8 rings without doing a damn thing as a team. they deserve all of this, now we can see what they are really made of.

Exactly.

There were even MORE threads of how great the Heat were going to be filled with bogus predicitons regaurding team wins, championships and player stats.

Non heat fans were called jealous and haters for making predictions which have now proven to be accurate.

So now that Heat fans were wrong with their bogus threads and predictions and the "haters" criticisms were correct, the Heat fans are the victims?

Frezhnitz
11-23-2010, 03:36 PM

That isn't going to happen. They should be doing it now.

sep11ie
11-23-2010, 03:38 PM

Maybe, but do you think Wade will be the impact player he's been in the past over the next 3 years?

Zefflin
11-23-2010, 03:39 PM

OH man, this is the best post in this thread. I picture you with a empty tissue box on your left Hawkeye...

And what did you expect about the bolded part?? I'm happy to say I saw all of this coming. Cept even I didn't expect it would start to fast and snowball so quick. Certainly Lebron, Wade and the other guy didn't expect this either...haha.

The season still early bro, don't worry. ;)

Kiss Ma Grits
11-23-2010, 03:41 PM
Dan Gilbert really did send the Cleveland Curse with Lebron lmao.

alchemist0123
11-23-2010, 03:42 PM
thank you miami heat for the inflated lines. i really mean it.

faze38
11-23-2010, 03:47 PM
Take your Bulls hatred elsewhere. Your shtick is most definitely old and busted. This thread is strictly devoted to hating on the Heat. Don't worry, you'll plenty of opportunities.

Ok just making an observation and if his thread is to hate on the Heat it should be closed! I clearly stated that the Bulls are on to something special but to call three of your starters top tier players is over boared even the lakers don't have 3 top tier players! Two years ago they had one! Gasol has become a top tier but that is recently. So just like u i'm intitled to my opinion so the best way for me to put it is get off my nuts! I can say what I want!

Shonuff
11-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Ok just making an observation and if his thread is to hate on the Heat it should be closed! I clearly stated that the Bulls are on to something special but to call three of your starters top tier players is over boared even the lakers don't have 3 top tier players! Two years ago they had one! Gasol has become a top tier but that is recently. So just like u i'm intitled to my opinion so the best way for me to put it is get off my nuts! I can say what I want!

Don't flatter yourself. Nobody is on your nuts but you clearly have something against the Bulls. Top tier is subjective and there can be a few players in the top tiers at their respective position. I think it's fair to say the three players he names are pretty damn good.

J_M_B
11-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Why is this thread still open? It's obviously just a Heat bashing thread, people can't get enough of it.

Shows the maturity of some of the posters on this site.

Anyways, were not even a month into the season. This team has so many new faces and players are still adjusting to the Heat culture. This organization had always had a defensive minded philosophy. Right now, most of the guys are playing one on one defensively, were not going to win that way. They need to get back to team defense. Things can only get better for Miami, and they will.

We're without are two best bench players in Udonis Haslem and Mike Miller, but this team can still win ball games. Right now, nobody is showing any passion or heart out on the court. They are being lazy, not boxing out, allowing easy buckets, etc.

This team will turn it around. They'll be the most dominant team, behind the Lakers. This isn't the first time a Miami Heat has underperformed. The championship squad in '06 got off to a dreadful start, but turned it around with a 14 game winning streak(could be 11 or 12 not sure).

Giaps
11-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Can you imagine Kobe Bryant ever talking about fun???

I can't.

J_M_B
11-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Do some of you actually believe that Miami is going to fall apart? Oh boy..

SouthSideRookie
11-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Do some of you actually believe that Miami is going to fall apart? Oh boy..

I don't think they will fall apart but if you think that somehow the pg and center position is going to magically improve, I think that's being delusional.

mjt20mik
11-23-2010, 04:05 PM
This needs to be closed. There are just too many Heat threads in the NBA forum that aren't anything but a place for people to start bashing.

krazylegz
11-23-2010, 04:07 PM
bron is shook...he cant handle all the negative/neutral light. cleveland worshiped him because he was the only thing going on in the city. he is now hated by the whole nba and even in miami where he isnt hated...there is more to do than care about the nba,so bron isnt the center of attention anymore...and it is true...miami isnt really a sports city

tcav701
11-23-2010, 04:07 PM
:facepalm: Heat haters are funny, a pathetic bunch, but you guys are funny none the less:clap:

Trust me I dont hate the Heat. I am starting to feel bad for them and almost wish them well.

But if you want see funny and pathetic, look at your summer posts.

J_M_B
11-23-2010, 04:08 PM
Justinm, Jake, Jonathon and Dnewguy (the fearsome four) did more than enough talking for the PSD Heat fans.

They still do lol.

Dnewguy, magically became a member in our forum after LeBron's decision..

I've never heard of Jake..

I can agree about Justinm, but Jonathan..