View Full Version : RUMOR: Heat inquire about Bosh for Melo swap

DitchDat
11-23-2010, 09:19 AM
just heard this on the radio

the Heat want to trade Bosh for Melo and Ty Lawson

tcav701
11-23-2010, 09:23 AM
Dont buy it.

All I could possibly see is Bosh for Billups which is almost as unlikely.

69centers
11-23-2010, 09:27 AM
We need some kind of an internet source. This could have just been some radio guys' opinions.

Byronicle
haha not going to happen, why would they get another SF ?

BOSTON617
for melo and ty lawson they need to add in chalmers or somthing

bal_ravens
Wow. Id have trouble trading Bosh for Lawson straight up. Bosh would probably help keep Melo in Denver, but Lawson is gonna be a stud when Billups retires or moves on.

BOSTON617
11-23-2010, 09:33 AM
if i was the heat i would trade lebron and chalmers for lawson melo and jrsmith heat would be dirty and lebron would rot in denver everyone would be happy!

ShakeN'Bake
11-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Even if this were true. Why? What makes them think Melo, Wade an LeBron would work. two play the same position and all three are alike, except that Melo is a good shooter.

DitchDat
11-23-2010, 09:34 AM
yeah probably just some guy's opinion, but he said it in a pretty convincing and "knowing" manner...... probably fake

If I remember correctly, it was Bosh, Joel Anthony and picks for Melo, Lawson and Chris Andersen

He said the Miami heat realize they can't have B-level talent at point guard (they would like to have a 3-headed point guard in Lawson, Wade and James), they wanted to add Melo for improved scoring and to pair him with long-time friends James and Wade, and pick up Andersen for rebounding and defense now that Haslem is out. Bosh would become the new face of the Nuggets, and Joel Anthony was added because he became expendable with the Dampier signing and the Nugs have no real bigs.

NBA-GMaster
11-23-2010, 09:35 AM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

faze38
11-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Please Miami got lucky once it's not gonna happen twice! Also Melo and Lebron talked about teaming up in NY and they figured it wouldn't work out so why do u think Melo would want to do that now! I'm sure Lebron wants Melo because he can play without the ball but I don't think Melo wants Lebron!

DitchDat
11-23-2010, 09:45 AM
Total panic move on the Heat's side IMO if it's true

PG Wade/Arroyo
SF James/Jones
C Dampier/Ilgauskas
SG Anthony/House
PF Andersen/Howard

Joshtd1
11-23-2010, 09:47 AM
And whos gonna play the PF if Bosh is gone? Haslem is hurt. Is Melo gonna come off the bench? Im sure his ego wouldnt be able to handle that.

I dont buy it.

DitchDat
11-23-2010, 09:48 AM
The guy also said the Heat front office absolutely wants a title THIS year, because if an old Boston team did it in '08 on their first try, they can't lose face with all these superstars. The Heat are also believed to be searching for every warm body that can still lace em up and contribute. We all think this stuff, but this guy says it's actually true. The Heat organization wants a ring THIS YEAR

el_primo_nano
11-23-2010, 09:48 AM
who the hell would want to take Bosh's ridiculous contract? The Heat shot themselves in the foot with that one. They are stuck with this guy. Pat Riley needs to return in order for them to have some kind of coercion. He can make this team reach its potential, Spoelstra is not cutting it.

Joshtd1
11-23-2010, 09:49 AM
If they wanted a ring this year, they should have gotten a team whos best players complement each other, not do the exact same thing and need the ball to be effective. Only difference is one is taller then the other.

gilly
11-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Nene/Billups for Bosh/Chalmers would be a decent move.

DitchDat
11-23-2010, 09:51 AM
the Heat are melting down this is crazy

OA SLAY
11-23-2010, 09:53 AM
How does this help Miami?
Lawson-ok/
Wade/House
Melo/miller/jones
LBJ-???/haslem
?????.....
ok maybe it does, throw in C.Anderson contract n might be on to something.

JermanJaysFan
11-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Nene/Billups for Bosh/Chalmers would be a decent move.

For both sides. Gives the Heat the interior presence that Bosh isn't, and a point guard to steady the ship. Nuggets get a pal for Melo and open up the starting PG spot for Lawson while adding another nice young PG to back him up.

OA SLAY
11-23-2010, 09:57 AM
For both sides. Gives the Heat the interior presence that Bosh isn't, and a point guard to steady the ship. Nuggets get a pal for Melo and open up the starting PG spot for Lawson while adding another nice young PG to back him up.

thats a good trade.

DitchDat
11-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Jake Voskuhl and Ricky Davis are set for workouts

69centers
11-23-2010, 10:01 AM
I'm just glad Lebron didn't go to the Bulls. Noah, Rose, Lebron, and our ex-assistant coach who knows all our weaknesses would have spelled big trouble for us. Good thing he fell for the "south beach" glamour and lifestyle instead.

ignorance=bliss
11-23-2010, 10:05 AM
This would be even more of a waste of money then signing Lebrick James. Seriously if they would have saved that money they spent on that overrated joke, and actuallyh signed some decent role players, mark my words the Heat would be a much better team. Having Lebrick is hurting D-Wade so much it's pathetic.

Back to the topic though, I say sure let it happen. It's only going to make the Heat look worse then they already do. Seriously Wade is already taking a hit, now you want to add another Lebron ME-FIRST Player in Carmelo Anthony? Yah go ahead...

redsox0717
11-23-2010, 10:08 AM
Close this, no way this trade happens, it's some random radio guy speaking out of his ***

Double_R
11-23-2010, 10:11 AM
If they were to trade anyone, it should be Lebron or Wade/whoever else for Melo/Nene, then they would have guy who doesn't need the ball in his hands at all times to be effective in Melo, a good shooter that can play off the ball.(which is their biggest problem between Wade and Lebron; Lebron is getting his and Wade is having to play off the ball and take shots which is not something he is particularly good at) And they get a formidable big in Nene, which they so desperately need.

xbrackattackx
11-23-2010, 10:13 AM
Everyone Asking how this will work...Well Lebron can play PF he did last year with the Cavs and was proficient at it. I think this would make them even better....

If they could trade for Melo /Lawson it would be

Lawson
Wade
Melo
Lebron
Andersen/Big Z

d00d
11-23-2010, 10:16 AM
close this bull **** thread. the TS is making **** up. no source = close

Double_R
11-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Everyone Asking how this will work...Well Lebron can play PF he did last year with the Cavs and was proficient at it. I think this would make them even better....

If they could trade for Melo /Lawson it would be

Lawson
Wade
Melo
Lebron
Andersen/Big Z

Lebron is not playing PF, he needs the ball in his hand to often to be effective and if they were to run the same offense that they run now, there is no way that it works. Not to mention that Lebron has absolutely no post game. They would be even worse. They need to get rid of one of the guys who has to have the ball all the time, not bosh.

tcav701
11-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Worst thread ever

king4day
11-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Yea this can't be true. They'd be the new smallest team in the NBA.

D Roses Bulls
11-23-2010, 10:25 AM
I dont think this would happen even if the rumor was true....... wade and bosh are real good friends.

king4day
11-23-2010, 10:28 AM
If anyone can find a link, please share it. For now though I'm going to close this.