PDA

View Full Version : Music during NBA game action?

Gormans Mic
11-23-2010, 07:12 AM
I find it extremely annoying and frankly bush league, wondering if it bothers anyone else too.

I don't mind the defense chants to get the crowd going, but random music going on while the game action is happening is ridiculous in my opinion.

magichatnumber9
11-23-2010, 08:34 AM
Most of that comes from small market teams that truly believe they need gimmicks like the Hawks for example.

TO to the CHI
11-23-2010, 09:11 AM
I just attended a Mavs game last week and I was shocked at the amount of piped in music and chants. There were times when the crowd seemed to be silent (or perhaps stunned into silence) while there were excessive chants from the announcer and piped in noise. Frankly, I did find it annoying and thought it hurt the atmosphere.

TheHoopsProphet
11-23-2010, 09:33 AM
I personely think its a necessity gimmick. Crowds cannot scream at the top of their lungs 24/7 in America, they are too busy texting and gossping about Britney Sppears. If crowds were half of what the football crowds in europe are, they wouldnt need some ahole to remind them that if they clap their hands together they can make noise. But until texting becomes illegal or Britney kicks the buckets, theyre going to need that artificial noyse. Especially the Stapler Center...my god. They've got the best player in the history of basketball playing in front of them and they still cant get excited. I can't imagine what that hellhole filled with liposucted faces from their cake-sampling binges would be like without the musik and noyse. In fact, I think the Stapler Center Needs MORE NOIS. They should have random soundbites of panthers attacking prey when colby captain crunch time bryant has the ball in his hands, to scare opponents EVEN MORE. Wade will be guarding colby on christmas, focused and locked in, then as colby drives towards him the panther noise comes and wade will be like, "whoa, what the hell was that. colby is intimidating, he sounds like he wants to eat my flesh. ill stay off him" then we score more buckets. Or maybe when LeJames is at the freethrow line we can put up soundbites of LeJames during interviews like "im bringing championship to cleveland", or "A lejames team never gives up" (during 2007 playoffs against wizards), and then Lejames will be like "aw man, i cant focus on these freethrows." I mean, can u imagine ur past constantly bringing up to you? You dont constantly want to listen to voicemails of your ex do you? Imagine trying to shoot fts while hearing voicemails of ur ex. God damn, I would go nuts, that stupid whore! Just the thought of my ex makes me want to punch somebody in the face! What a manipulative *****! Shes probably sucking on some fat **** as I write this that loose, whore! **** that *****! I hope she chokes on her disgustind dinners she makes!

king4day
11-23-2010, 11:46 AM
Depends on what you mean by music. If it's the organ playing a beat to get the fans to chant, that's fine.
But if it's an actual song that's playing during gameplay, than it's silly. No reason for it and it doesn't help the home team.