PDA

View Full Version : Miami Heat acquiring Erick Dampier is definitely a good thing

Eja_30
11-23-2010, 02:37 AM
After watching tonight's Miami Heat loss versus Indiana I'm happy to hear that Erick Dampier will likely be joining the heat. I don't think by any stretch of the imagination that Erick Dampier is the solution to all Miami's problems, but acquiring him is a good start. Miami needs a big man like Dampier that can match up with guys like Dwight Howard and Shaquille O'Neal. But most importantly... can rebound. That being said, Miami still has a long way to go as far as building team chemistry. The injuries that have plagued the Heat thus far this season has definately deterred the team's continuity as far as learning to play with each other, in addition to the fact that it is a new team to begin with. With Miller likely out until January and Haslem out until at least February, the Heat need to find their identity without these key guys in the lineup. Thus far I have not been impressed with Erik Spoelstra as coach. I hate to say it but guys like Lebron, Wade, and Bosh need someone that already has it figured out and can take them in the right direction. For me, Erik Spoelstra is like the heat players on the court, still trying to figure out what works. If I'm the coach of the Miami Heat there's expectations that every player on the team must meet and to achieve results each player must play a role each night. Instead, what I see is, night in, night out Wade and Lebron throwing up threes instead of making the extra pass to get a better percentile shot, I see Bosh not boxing out his man which leads to second chance points, I see a lot of fundamental basketball that is not being played that Erik Spoelstra has to be in control of. I hope that Erik Spoelstra can make the right connection with these guys soon because all these bad habits are hard to break. He's supposed to be the man in charge that is showing them how to play together as a team and to get the best out of his superstars. Instead, what I've seen thus far is lineups getting flipped around so much that the Miami Heat rotation looks like one big free-for-all. At least if Dampier joins the Heat, it won't hurt the team's chemistry because they have very little of it right now. And with it being so early in the season, the Heat will definately get better with an Erick Dampier addition.

whitemamba33
11-23-2010, 02:49 AM
My nomination for 1st post of the year.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
11-23-2010, 02:58 AM
i second that!!!

ElMarroAfamado
11-23-2010, 02:59 AM
Erick Dampier is a taller version of Kwame Brown. He has horrible hands...he is slow...he has a low bball IQ....I know the Heat want him to strictly rebound and defend but the guy can do neither....so its going to be interesting how much worse he makes the team....

if the Heat are expecting more than a big 7 footer that takes up space then damn they are in for a surprise.....(and im not just hating, ask fans of teams he has played for before, the guy is really horrible)

ROY 2 MVP Braun
11-23-2010, 02:59 AM
hate to say i wasted 4 min reading something i already cuda figured out tho.......someone shoot me

Rndy
11-23-2010, 03:04 AM
Erick Dampier is a taller version of Kwame Brown. He has horrible hands...he is slow...he has a low bball IQ....I know the Heat want him to strictly rebound and defend but the guy can do neither....so its going to be interesting how much worse he makes the team....

if the Heat are expecting more than a big 7 footer that takes up space then damn they are in for a surprise.....(and im not just hating, ask fans of teams he has played for before, the guy is really horrible)

Dampier is a pretty good rebounder. Hasn't been lower then 17 TRB% in 7 years. He's also not a poor defensive player either. Not really sure what you're talking about. However he must be looking really bad considering all the teams who have passed on him.

clutchski
11-23-2010, 03:17 AM
Yeah good luck bro. Maybe he'll solve many issues.

sventhedog
11-23-2010, 08:24 AM
when you're losing, any other thing will be a good thing.

mark1125
11-23-2010, 09:27 AM
The final piece of the puzzle is in place. LOL

tcav701
11-23-2010, 09:27 AM
He's obviously an improvement and could probably start for the Heat. He would at least attempt to protect the paint making it a little tougher for teams to get easy baskets early.

I like Z but i think he's best served off the bench because he can give you a mid range option when 1 or 2 of the big 3 are on the bench.

But realistically, a Dampier signing is a move out of panic. Hopefully it works out for Damp and the blame isn't passed on him after a couple games.

69centers
11-23-2010, 09:29 AM
He's been reduced to hacking people with hard fouls lately, and that's about it. After 14 years in the league, he's just about at the end of his career.

Iceman_9
11-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Dampier will solve heat's problems? :D

beasted86
11-23-2010, 12:19 PM
He's been reduced to hacking people with hard fouls lately, and that's about it. After 14 years in the league, he's just about at the end of his career.

I think that's part of what the Heat need actually.

Someone to grab rebounds, play defense, and give a hard foul every now and again. Joel Anthony & Jamaal Magloire haven't been able to do that.

Sly Guy
11-23-2010, 12:30 PM
I think that's part of what the Heat need actually.

Someone to grab rebounds, play defense, and give a hard foul every now and again. Joel Anthony & Jamaal Magloire haven't been able to do that.

yep. goons are underrated in basketball.

jiggin
11-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Lets have ALL Heat discussions in the general NBA forum...ALRIGHT!

we should just delete the heat's sub-form, no need

farren.louis
11-23-2010, 12:44 PM
SMH the heat will do better startin Illgakis lol

PhillyBoomerang
11-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Not that big of a difference depth but dampier is decent rebounder not good scorer.. i think the heat need to worry more about pg Arroyo is a backup at BEST.. they need to adress that issue cause they look really loss, they need someone who can set up the BIG 3 rather then have wade/lebron pg which is a lot of 1-1 isso and standing around etc..

YankeeClipper5
11-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Bring back Harold "Baby Jordan" Miner

xbrackattackx
11-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Someone send the heat the Tractor..He is still alive..I think?

Jack Daniels
11-23-2010, 02:20 PM
hate to say i wasted 4 min reading something i already cuda figured out tho.......someone shoot me

It took you 4 minutes to read that? wow