PDA

View Full Version : Stoudemire, Westbrook are Players of Week

Gators123
11-22-2010, 04:44 PM
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/11/22/players-of-week-stoudemire-westbrook/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

NEW YORK -- The New York Knicks' Amar'e Stoudemire and the Oklahoma City Thunder's Russell Westbrook today were named the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively for games played Monday, Nov. 15, through Sunday, Nov. 21.

Stoudemire averaged 29.0 points on .608 shooting from the field, 9.5 rebounds and compiled eight blocks, leading the Knicks to a 3-1 week on a four-game west coast road trip. The Knicks' captain posted a point/rebound double-double in each of New York's three wins during the week and scored a season-high 39 points while adding 11 boards in a victory over the Los Angeles Clippers on Saturday night.

Westbrook led the Thunder to a 4-0 week, averaging 23.0 points, 7.8 assists and 3.5 rebounds. With 7.3 seconds remaining, Westbrook connected on two free-throws at Milwaukee to help secure the team's fourth consecutive victory. With Kevin Durant out of the lineup, Westbrook stepped up and scored 31 points at Boston to help the Thunder defeat the Celtics by a score of 89-84 on Friday night.

DaBUU
11-22-2010, 04:45 PM
Westbrook is a beast, really impressed with his play.

Baller1
11-22-2010, 05:02 PM
Rose: 1
Westbrook: 1

Just playin'.

ManRam
11-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Definitely very deserving for the both of them. Beyond just the stats, they led their teams to very successful weeks record-wise, and in Russy's case, he did it without the best player on their team.

tangent12
11-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Well deserved. Two decent players who deserve to get at least a little bit of spotlight due to their occasional good games.

Gators123
11-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Well deserved. Two decent players who deserve to get at least a little bit of spotlight due to their occasional good games.

Somebody's mad.

0nekhmer
11-22-2010, 05:16 PM
bargnani should have won. leading raptors in 4 game winning streak this week

Pierzynski4Prez
11-22-2010, 05:26 PM
both on my fantasy team, yet somehow still lost 5-4

alencp3
11-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Funny that neither Durant or James havent been player of the week

Cool007
11-22-2010, 05:36 PM
I really think Gasol got robbed more than anything. Gasol was simply BEAST last week yet they gave it to Westbrook - who shot measly 37% from the field last week.

Amare totally deserved it. Westbrook kind of but Gasol had a MUCH BETTER week.

Congrats to both of them though.

sargon21
11-22-2010, 05:40 PM
whoever is awarding these really values a winning week

Baller1
11-22-2010, 05:47 PM
whoever is awarding these really values a winning week

I was thinking the same thing. But then again, what isn't based on winning in the NBA? It seems to be the same with all awards.

jackdawson
11-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Westbrook is a special special player. He has shown what he is capable of as the man. Hands down a top 4 point guard in the league right now (Behind CP3, Rondo, and D-Will).

Draco
11-22-2010, 05:54 PM
5 for 18 was the manliest performance of the week. Kudos.

ManRam
11-22-2010, 05:58 PM
Winning does matter. Russy lead his team to a great week, and some of that was without Durant. He put up solid numbers, definitely not the most impressive, but you have to factor in other things besides just numbers. His overall performance last week was the most impressive. Gasol's numbers were probably better, for sure, but again, I'm more impressed with Russy willing his team to those wins mainly on his lonesome.

Beating Boston with KD and Green is nothing short of amazing.

Bargs does NOT deserve it over Amare. Bargs just scores, and literally nothing else. At least Amare can rebound a little bit. He even sprinkled some blocks in there...all the while winning just as many games as Bargs did that week.

NYYCowboys
11-22-2010, 06:02 PM
Amare was a beast this week definitely very deserving of this honor.

checkit
11-22-2010, 06:04 PM
westbrook deserved it. :eyebrow: @ Amare

John Walls Era
11-22-2010, 07:08 PM
All I'm going to say is that Westbrook deserved it.

Kashmir13579
11-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Amar'e getting some props. i can roll with that. i don't get it though because Felton and Gallo were just as important in the Knicks recent win streak (maybe more important). should've just given the award to somebody else.

alchemist0123
11-22-2010, 07:56 PM
Winning does matter. Russy lead his team to a great week, and some of that was without Durant. He put up solid numbers, definitely not the most impressive, but you have to factor in other things besides just numbers. His overall performance last week was the most impressive. Gasol's numbers were probably better, for sure, but again, I'm more impressed with Russy willing his team to those wins mainly on his lonesome.

Beating Boston with KD and Green is nothing short of amazing.

Bargs does NOT deserve it over Amare. Bargs just scores, and literally nothing else. At least Amare can rebound a little bit. He even sprinkled some blocks in there...all the while winning just as many games as Bargs did that week.

you forgot to include amare being a turnover machine too.

John Walls Era
11-22-2010, 08:01 PM

Bargs defense isn't as bad as people say. Its avg. which is more than what Amare can provide. Last time I checked, Reggie Evans is a rebounding machine, thus I wouldn't expect an already avg rebounder (Bargs) to be able to get any more rebounds. Also you gotta score to win... Bargs has been Dirk-esque recently.

Slimsim
11-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Bargs defense isn't as bad as people say. Its avg. which is more than what Amare can provide. Last time I checked, Reggie Evans is a rebounding machine, thus I wouldn't expect an already avg rebounder (Bargs) to be able to get any more rebounds. Also you gotta score to win... Bargs has been Dirk-esque recently.

Gallo is more Deserving than BArg.

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Dudes on this forum still manage to hate on Amare... Nobody else on Toronto can score.. Weems and Derozan are the next best thing in Toronto. No disrespect to Bargs but Amare was more deserving this week.. And if u dint watch knick games Amare plays great help defense and has been blocking shots a lot this season.. He's scoring without great chemistry with Felton.. Come on guys.. Just admit he's playing well without Nash, and has way more room 4 improvement.

Khalifa21
11-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Good to see Amar'e getting some recognition for his great week.

NYtilIdie
11-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Was a great week for Amare.