PDA

View Full Version : What will the Hornets do next?

xbrackattackx
11-22-2010, 12:09 PM
With the recent trades and acquiring a good back up for Paul in Jack. Then also getting Marco B earlier in the Season. Do you think they have done enough to keep Paul? Or Will they trade Banks, Andersen and more expiring contacts to get a couple of more solid pieces? Will they get someone this Summer? What would you like to see them do? Will they lose their hot streak? PSD you tell me what will be the next chain of events for N.O.?

And I am asking the General Consensus of PSD, A opinion of each person and if they feel they are making steps forwards or Backwards?

And Obviously I wanted the Full Opinion of the masterful PSD fan Panel,so no one be lame and say "Hornets Forum".

king4day
11-22-2010, 12:11 PM
If the Suns look like they're done by the deadline, maybe they should deal for Richardson.

ShakeN'Bake
11-22-2010, 12:15 PM
If the Suns look like they're done by the deadline, maybe they should deal for Richardson.

That would be very interesting.

Would that mean the suns would be heading into a full out rebuild mode? If they would it might be likely that expiring contracts would be enough to grab him.

Gibby23
11-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Trade Ariza, Green, Thorten, and draft picks for Melo.

xbrackattackx
11-22-2010, 12:22 PM

Yea that would be a nice deal, I Imagine if they got Jrich they would send Marco back to the Suns and he has been killing.

Trade Ariza, Green, Thorten, and draft picks for Melo.

I like this, if Nuggets would do it.

Paul
Jrich
Melo
West
Okafor

Nice.

Gibby23
11-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Yea that would be a nice deal, I Imagine if they got Jrich they would send Marco back to the Suns and he has been killing.

Paul
Jrich
Melo
West
Okafor
Nice.

I don't think the Hornets would have the salary to trade for both J Rich and Melo.

xbrackattackx
11-22-2010, 12:29 PM
I don't think the Hornets would have the salary to trade for both J Rich and Melo.

:(

Yea both of them make like 15-18 a year.

If the suns wanted to just rebuild and get of of J-rich's contract though,

They could send Marco,Banks,Anderson and a couple of picks to the suns...

If I had to Pick one I would snag Melo cause Marco has been doing very nice.

Ebbs
11-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Marco is not much worse then J-Rich that be foolish IMO. I think Paul staying relies on how they do this season not so much on the trades they make.

Evolution23
11-22-2010, 01:10 PM
Trade cp3 to the knicks

SensandRaps
11-22-2010, 01:15 PM
big name players sometimes dont mesh and if i were the hornets i wouldnt take that risk with getting melo. i know there are some cases where multiple stars on a team mesh but there are more cases where they dont. if i were the hornets i would go for a sf who wouldnt want to be a number 1 option in NO.

Sly Guy
11-22-2010, 01:15 PM
you guys will change your tune on Marco before season's end. He has potential, but has yet to find a full season of consistency.

Avenged
11-22-2010, 01:17 PM
Pair Chris Paul with another all-star caliber player and game over..

CP3/West/??? will most likely than not contend, that's how good Chris Paul is.

JasonJohnHorn
11-22-2010, 01:23 PM
NO reminds me of the Suns over the last few years, and even of themselves in 08. They have an extremely talented PG, with some solid players, and are clearly capable of putting together a great regular season, even if they cool down, which I expect they will, they will still be a 50+ win team. The problem is that isnt good enough in the West. I cant see them getting to the finals, especially if they have to face a team like the Spurs or the Lakers. if either of those teams knocks the other out and a team like the Thunder or Nuggets upset the the other, then NO would have a shot at the finals, but I cant see them beating LA or the Spurs in a 7 game series. I can see them putting up a fight, but there just isnt enough depth, and I cant see them taking on any big contracts unless they are expring because they are hurting for money.

GeekInThePink
11-22-2010, 01:29 PM
I think the Hornets have a really nice team going forward. All though I think the Peja Stajokovic trade could have been better (a lot of teams are looking for expiring's these days especially for the potential 'Melo trades) I think what they did acquire is exactly what they needed. A really solid backup point guard (Jarrett Jack) who can be a leader, a big man who has a really nice shot and who was a fan favorite in Toronto (David Anderson) who's also an expiring and the expiring contract of Marcus Banks.

There line-up after the trade is,

PG - Chris Paul, Jarrett Jack, Marcus Banks
SG - Marco Belenelli, Marcus Thornton, Willie Green
SF - Trevor Ariza, Quincy Pondexter
PF - David West, Pops Mensah-Bonsu, D.J Mbenga
C - Emeka Okafor, Jason Smith, David Anderson

it's a nice team I think.

Geargo Wallace
11-22-2010, 01:33 PM
Sign Dampier.

hvg
11-22-2010, 01:53 PM
I really really like this team. They have players who know their roles and fit in well together. I expect NO to be a top 3 seed and would probably pick them to beat any team but the Lakers. They might even have a shot against the Lakers, considering Derek Fisher's recent defensive struggles. Either CP3 will go off every game or Kobe will have to run around after him for D-Fish.

I honestly wouldn't make any big moves until January. If they start playing poorly by then, reevaluate.

pebloemer
11-22-2010, 02:50 PM

Paul
Jrich
Melo
West
Okafor

Nice.

Unfortunately there is only one ball.

Their defense has been a huge strength for them this year, I definitely think they continue to add piece sthat fit into that recipe for success. Of course adding Melo would be huge, but I'm unsure that is the best offer Denver can recieve. I don't think JRich AND Melo are a possibility for them given contract situations, but putting Jrich beside Ariza on the wings would be nice offense/defense balance.

Klivlend
11-22-2010, 03:08 PM

What about Hill? I know he is getting old, but I think he may fit in well in NO. Maybe swing a deal to aquire J-Rich and G-Hill?

ICUNO
11-22-2010, 03:51 PM
I would if the Hornets try and get G. Wallace from Bobcats move Ariza to SG .

JerseysFinest
11-22-2010, 03:55 PM
if they could somehow get like Iggy or Richardson..., that combo of cp3 and iggy in the backcourt, for example, with ariza, west, and okafor is dangerous

markbutter
11-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Unless it's a blockbuster deal, I don't think the Hornets do anymore trades.

First, I think Paul still opts out, if not to test the market and go somewhere else, then to get NO to give him a new contract.

Second, if Melo's wife doesn't like Denver for her modeling/etc., she sure isn't going to like NO.

From the article I read, Jack and Paul played on the same AAU team, played against each other in the ACC and hang out over the summer working out. So any trade involving Jack is probably off the table.

The reason they traded for Ariza was to get more athletic to push the ball with Paul (and also Trevor's D). So any trade would have to do that.

If they could sign Damp as a backup, that's something that would really help them. They could match up with the Lakers better with him, Okafor at the 4 and West at the 3 vs. Lamar/Artest and Ariza on Kobe. They should really push towards Damp.

sunnydayin'zona
11-22-2010, 04:33 PM
That would be very interesting.

Would that mean the suns would be heading into a full out rebuild mode? If they would it might be likely that expiring contracts would be enough to grab him.

he is an expiring contract...so picks and young players with potential would grab him.

there'd be no reason to get rid of him for expirings...he is one.

sunnydayin'zona
11-22-2010, 04:34 PM
:(

Yea both of them make like 15-18 a year.

If the suns wanted to just rebuild and get of of J-rich's contract though,

They could send Marco,Banks,Anderson and a couple of picks to the suns...

If I had to Pick one I would snag Melo cause Marco has been doing very nice.

what contract would they be trying to get rid of? jrich expires this year.

hedo's the only contract the suns dont want

Sixerlover
11-22-2010, 04:35 PM
They should play with this team. Enough deals have been made. They shaped the team to their liking, now time for CP3 to lead them to the WCF

SNYmets86
11-22-2010, 04:43 PM
they puttin a pretty darn good team for paul.

if he leaves then i dont know what is going on his head