PDA

View Full Version : Bosh should get Odom'd

GrandpaPa
11-22-2010, 11:45 AM
Hello all.

The Heat should make Bosh the first option off the bench, he should lead the second unit. That way he can have more touches and a more familar role. He seems to be crowded out the offense in the starting group with Wade and James getting the majority of the touches.
Also production won't drop as much when the Big Two are on the bench getting their rest... ala Leborn!

Ebbs
11-22-2010, 11:48 AM
Umm with Haslem going down I don't see how that's possible.

Joshtd1
11-22-2010, 11:50 AM
No, the Heat won't put a guy they are paying 100 million dollars on the bench.

tcav701
11-22-2010, 11:51 AM
If the Heat tried to bench Bosh, he would quit.

Ebbs
11-22-2010, 11:58 AM
If the Heat tried to bench Bosh, he would quit life.

Poor guy is going to miss the spotlight and feeling of being a hero soon. But I do believe he can turn it around as the team get more acquainted.

Rego247
11-22-2010, 12:09 PM
his ego wouldn't accept it.

TopsyTurvy
11-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Bosh will be fine, it's the other guys in the system at the 4/5 spot that I'm worried about. Bosh will still draw quite a bit of attention from opposing front courts...

Gibby23
11-22-2010, 12:15 PM
Why? He is putting up 17 and 7 and getting better on the boards. He is shooting over 50% and they don't have a better option to put someone ahead of him.

Double_R
11-22-2010, 12:27 PM
It's not a bad idea. I would experiment with it, what can it hurt. They are still a work in progress.

bal_ravens
11-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Miami would get destroyed inside even more...

shep33
11-22-2010, 12:38 PM
It could work if they had some defensive bigs, but they don't. I like the idea that Bosh should mostly be out there with only one of wade or lebron. When all 3 are out there, their offense doesn't look right. I'm sure they'll be fine either way

John Walls Era
11-22-2010, 12:38 PM
What are you people talking about? Bosh has been picking it up lately.

justinnum1
11-22-2010, 12:48 PM
:facepalm: Really a bad suggestion.

clehmun
11-22-2010, 12:52 PM
they should all start, but if someone where to be a 6th man, it'd be wade (olympic team).
usually the best 6th men are guards or vertsatile guys who can create shots for themselves as well as their teammates - ginobili, odom, terry, etc.

bosh also needs to be the 2nd option for miami if they were to be at their best.
wade dominates the perimeter, bosh gets his in the post, and lebron is the jack (king) of all trades.

Evolution23
11-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Putting him on the bench wont take away from soft play. He is Mr. Softy after all!

Avenged
11-22-2010, 01:26 PM
I really doubt a player like Bosh would accept it.. and even with that, he doesn't deserve to be coming off the bench. The Heat just have to find a way to get it together with 3 of their stars on the court at the same time.

Focused1
11-22-2010, 01:28 PM
all pride aside I would do it, as it would allow him to get a couple more touches to produce.

DLeeicious
11-22-2010, 01:29 PM
I agree, I think it makes sense. However his ego is too big and it would only cause issues.

JasonJohnHorn
11-22-2010, 01:29 PM
I actually think you are right. I posted a thread a couple weeks back asking when and if people thought Bosh would be coming off the bench and the Heat would be starting Haslem. Since Haslems injury though, I think that is out of the question, though with a healthy roster I think that would actually work. The Heat could let LBJ take a breather when the second unit comes in because Bosh can lead an offence with the other Heat players setting up low and high post plays for him. It would work very well and since Haslem can move over to center for a spell, the Heat could have Bosh and Haslem both playing starting minutes, which I think would be ideal for them since Haslem is CLEARLY the better rebounder between the two and likely the best rebounder on the team. But, until Haslem is back in uniform, the Heat doesnt have too many options.

RaiderLakersA's
11-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Hello all.

The Heat should make Bosh the first option off the bench, he should lead the second unit. That way he can have more touches and a more familar role. He seems to be crowded out the offense in the starting group with Wade and James getting the majority of the touches.
Also production won't drop as much when the Big Two are on the bench getting their rest... ala Leborn!

It's not a fair apples to apples comparison.

The Lakers have depth at other positions which makes Odom a luxury coming off of the bench. The Lakers also have the kind of smooth flowing chemistry that the Heat presently lack.

Finally, I don't know Bosh and have only seen him play a handful of times, but he doesn't strike me as the same type of selfless, intelligent (Basketball IQ-wise) versatile go-getter that LO is now. Bosh is still trying to figure out where he fits in the scheme of things. LO is smart enough to assess what his team needs and fills the void accordingly.

Personally, I think Bosh, Wade and LeBron should all be on the floor at the same time and expect each man to both sacrifice some of their game, but also play long minutes. Especially now, given the Heat injuries.

Tha Truth
11-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Definitely not.

D1JM
11-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Bosh doesn't have the tangibles that make odom special.

FlakeyFool
11-22-2010, 03:20 PM
Putting him on the bench wont take away from soft play. He is Mr. Softy after all!

Says the fan whos team is building around a gigantic softy in amare

Sadds The Gr8
11-22-2010, 03:33 PM
dumb idea. First of all, Odom is only on the bench because Bynum has more size, plays better defense, and is actually a reliable scoring option. No big man on the heat has that combination of skills to force bosh to the bench. 2nd of all, the heat's frontcourt scoring is already crappy, so why would bosh be a 6th man? the starting frontcourt would be horrible. and like someone said before, his ego and diva personality probably wouldn't handle it well.

Storch
11-22-2010, 03:37 PM
:badidea:

el_primo_nano
11-22-2010, 03:48 PM
:laugh: yea and Lebron will go back to Cleveland and have a standing O. No chance

John Walls Era
11-22-2010, 03:51 PM

You should know. You have the King.

Gibby
11-22-2010, 03:59 PM
He has been putting 20 and 10 over the last few games so i wouldnt mess with it.

Chronz
11-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Nah Bosh is better served playing alongside Bron, besides talks of his struggles have been exaggerated, once he gets his rebounding up we're looking at a career year for him, atleast if he keeps this pace up.

jackdawson
11-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Hello all.

So you created a duplicate account just to make this thread (another Heat hate thread in disguise)? Pathetic.

drobe86
11-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Dumb thread... Bosh is a perennial All star that can take over games when given opportunities (a la phoenix) please don't undermine him with comparisons to Lamar Odom. Bosh is 10x the player Odom is/was or ever will be. Don't believe me just check the statistics.....

RollinDeep
11-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Completely different situation from the Lakers. The Lakers have a wealth of big guys, and with Bynum coming back, they could only start 2 of Lamar, Drew, and Pau. Lamar's skill set is more versatile than Bosh's, and better suited for coming off the bench because of the way he can distribute and handle the ball to lead a 2nd unit, especially one without a pass first point guard. Bosh needs to be scoring to be effective, while Odom's scoring comes and goes, he's always doing everything else, crashing glass, dishing, starting a fast break.

The Heat don't have many frontcourt options, so Bosh is in the starting 5 for good.

Gibby23
11-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Dumb thread... Bosh is a perennial All star that can take over games when given opportunities (a la phoenix) please don't undermine him with comparisons to Lamar Odom. Bosh is 10x the player Odom is/was or ever will be. Don't believe me just check the statistics.....

Check Odoms career and playoff stats against the Suns. Don't be mad because Dirk is ringless.