PDA

View Full Version : Harshest critique of Heat/Wade Ive ever seen

Chronz
11-22-2010, 12:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfbBMz7vcT0&feature=player_embedded

What do you guys think of Coach Nick and Wade's play vs the Celtics?

Slimsim
11-22-2010, 01:13 AM
Kinda old

sargon21
11-22-2010, 01:14 AM
i've watched 2 mins and there's too much love for rondo lol

tredigs
11-22-2010, 01:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfbBMz7vcT0&feature=player_embedded

What do you guys think of Coach Nick and Wade's play vs the Celtics?

Wade was clearly being lazy that night on D, and they are absolutely struggling to gel with each other offensively (I disagree with his contention that it's mostly fundamental and won't be changed. I was expecting that it would, although with Haslem out the team is in some trouble), but I just can't get over this guys over-infatuation with Rondo.

I think Rondo's an amazing point, and don't have a problem with "coach" calling him the best in the league (though I'd give that to Cp3, it's closer than a lot of people like to admit), the guy is just being ridiculous with his hyperbole. Go to 4:40, he says "Rondo is leaving me speechless right now, look at this fake pass and crosscourt find to Allen here; it's that kind of vision that maybe Magic had, but hardly anybody else". He says that after a play where Rondo was STARING DIRECTLY AT RAY ALLEN. I just had to laugh at that point, and take everything from that moment forward with a grain of salt.

ayuntalo
11-22-2010, 01:22 AM
the guy on the video was stupid..
he lost me when he said "rondo has a good jumpshot he's just too good he doesn't need too"
wtf?! are you serious?!

and also the guy speaks like as if its very easy to play on nba.. i bet he hasn't played basketball himself.. rebound play and he is expecting wade to check ray allen way above the perimeter? are you kidding me.. guards tend to leak out on that and start a fastbreak

Draco
11-22-2010, 01:24 AM
Coach Nick loves him some Rondo.. Wade, not so much.

News24/7
11-22-2010, 01:31 AM
I was too busy laughing at his guy love for Rondo. :laugh:

John Walls Era
11-22-2010, 01:33 AM
wtf I love Rondo, but that guy seemed biased. "Rondo has a good jumpshot, but he doesn't use it because hes soo good"....

tredigs
11-22-2010, 01:41 AM
wtf I love Rondo, but that guy seemed biased. "Rondo has a good jumpshot, but he doesn't use it because hes soo good"....

What he means is that he can penetrate with ease, and he's right. Then he either finishes at the hole or dishes it off for an open look. He does this all game, and it works. Why settle for the jumper?

Check out his shots-by-distance on HoopData. He's at 40% from 10-15 ft., and 41% from 16-23 ft. That's better than Lebron, and the same 16-23 ft percentage as Kobe. His foul shooting is what's horrible, but the guy can make a jumper at this point.

Soxfan54
11-22-2010, 01:46 AM
ouch man, that was scathing
the heat look like a horribly coached team that lacks hustle

D Roses Bulls
11-22-2010, 01:47 AM
the guy obviously is a boston fan or he is having sex with rondo or something...... cause he is all on his nuts, but I do agree with some of his points.

John Walls Era
11-22-2010, 01:49 AM
What he means is that he can penetrate with ease, and he's right. Then he either finishes at the hole or dishes it off for an open look. He does this all game, and it works. Why settle for the jumper?

Check out his shots-by-distance on HoopData. He's at 40% from 10-15 ft., and 41% from 16-23 ft. That's better than Lebron, and the same 16-23 ft percentage as Kobe. His foul shooting is what's horrible, but the guy can make a jumper at this point.

O i don't disagree that Rondo is a top 3 PG and is amazing. But the way he said it was funny... you have to be/pretend to be objective if you want people to take you serious, which this guy failed to do.

WadeCounty
11-22-2010, 01:55 AM
I have always said, wade sags off the guy he is supposed to defend wayyyy too much, ray allen just exposes it to the world tho. I've always noticed ray allen always lights up wade

Baller1
11-22-2010, 01:56 AM
Damn, this a an extremely broken down study.

I haven't watched every Heat game, but he's right about Wade's effort. And this video did nothing but prove that. Is it his ego? Is it just something personal? Who knows, but Wade better get it figured out soon if he plans on contending for a title.

The guy definitely was loving Rondo too much, but he did have some valid points. Rondo does have a sufficient enough jump shot (we saw it in the HORSE competition last year), but he doesn't have to use it most of the time because 1) He's amazing at penetrating into the paint and 2) He has some pretty incredible vision in which he is able to pass to an open player for a higher percentage shot as opposed to relying on his own shot.

I really enjoyed this though, I'd love something like this for Thunder because it was interesting. But yeah, the guy really exposed Wade in this video. I'd like to see a breakdown of a good Miami game by this guy to see what he has to say about Wade in that one.

Nice post Chronz.

D Roses Bulls
11-22-2010, 01:56 AM
I have always said, wade sags off the guy he is supposed to defend wayyyy too much, ray allen just exposes it to the world tho. I've always noticed ray allen always lights up wade

thats cause wade is mostly going for the steal. he really isnt a one on one defender

xabial
11-22-2010, 02:00 AM
i like it. Very Well Made Video and he broke it down better then any video i have ever seen before.
Lil- 2 much love for Rondo, But at the Same Time Rondo has just been Amazing These First few games.

Klivlend
11-22-2010, 02:02 AM
Hard to argue with the points he makes.

tangent12
11-22-2010, 02:07 AM
If you're going to put yourself out there, specially with the way the Heat have done it, you better be ready for the critics. You reap what you sow.

News24/7
11-22-2010, 02:19 AM
(we saw it in the HORSE competition last year)

That's Horse. Almost anybody that has played basketball long enough can do that. Especially since Horse=wide open. An NBA game=not as much. Plus a whole bunch of other factors.

In other words, being good at Horse does not mean that will happen to you in a game. If it did, then the guy that beat lebron at horse would be like....well....the best player in the god damn planet. :p

John Walls Era
11-22-2010, 02:34 AM
Well at least we all know how great Rondo is now. At least the video covered that.

Baller1
11-22-2010, 03:16 AM
That's Horse. Almost anybody that has played basketball long enough can do that. Especially since Horse=wide open. An NBA game=not as much. Plus a whole bunch of other factors.

In other words, being good at Horse does not mean that will happen to you in a game. If it did, then the guy that beat lebron at horse would be like....well....the best player in the god damn planet. :p

I understand it's a completely different situation of course, but it proves that he can knock down an open jumper. And with Rondo's intelligence, the only jumpers he's ever taking are wide open because if he's not, well, he gets the ball to someone who is. So yeah, you're right in that context, but I didn't necessarily mean him shooting well in HORSE was my attest to him being able to shoot.

Fireworld
11-22-2010, 05:20 AM
Thanx.

falas112
11-22-2010, 06:23 AM
welcome to: *****************************

The website wholesale for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan,prada,****, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations. All the products are free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the paypal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short time.

free shipping

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

jordan shoes $32

nike shox $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Smful short_t-shirt_woman $15

ed hardy short_tank_woman $16

Sandal $32

christian louboutin $80

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

puma slipper woman $30

daleja424
11-22-2010, 08:27 AM
dude was pretty spot on...

IMO Wade has looked like that all year... he is not hustling as much as usual...and his defense has been really suspect...

News24/7
11-22-2010, 10:54 AM
And with Rondo's intelligence, the only jumpers he's ever taking are wide open because if he's not, well, he gets the ball to someone who is.

That's very true. :)

Sly Guy
11-22-2010, 11:08 AM
the guy on the video was stupid..
he lost me when he said "rondo has a good jumpshot he's just too good he doesn't need too"
wtf?! are you serious?!

and also the guy speaks like as if its very easy to play on nba.. i bet he hasn't played basketball himself.. rebound play and he is expecting wade to check ray allen way above the perimeter? are you kidding me.. guards tend to leak out on that and start a fastbreak

yeah, I lol'ed when I heard that.

Aide from that his breakdown wasn't all that bad, but there was a lot of Boston ego stroking.

AIRMAR72
11-22-2010, 11:33 AM
well this not the 80s or 90s when players and team took pride in playing defense ima wade fan and i agree wade is lazy on D sometime

MLB2K10King
11-22-2010, 11:59 AM
It was nice of Rondo to let that guy wipe his mouth before he went on camera

Gibby23
11-22-2010, 12:06 PM
I understand it's a completely different situation of course, but it proves that he can knock down an open jumper. And with Rondo's intelligence, the only jumpers he's ever taking are wide open because if he's not, well, he gets the ball to someone who is. So yeah, you're right in that context, but I didn't necessarily mean him shooting well in HORSE was my attest to him being able to shoot.

He can't even knock down an open free throw. What are you basing your assumption on? That he got hot during a horse competition?

Baller1
11-22-2010, 12:35 PM
He can't even knock down an open free throw. What are you basing your assumption on? That he got hot during a horse competition?

Jesus, one little comment I make gets taken so out of context. Or maybe I'm basing it on the fact that he's shooting .50% from the field this season, and statistically, about half of the shots he takes are jumpshots. So he's obviously make them at a somewhat efficient rate.

Gibby23
11-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Jesus, one little comment I make gets taken so out of context. Or maybe I'm basing it on the fact that he's shooting .50% from the field this season, and statistically, about half of the shots he takes are jumpshots. So he's obviously make them at a somewhat efficient rate.

And if half of his shots were not jumpers, he would be shooting about 75%. Im pretty sure half of his shots are not jumpers.

Public Enemy #1
11-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Little bias towards Rondo but he was right on about Wade. Very sloppy, let his ego get in the way, and cost the Heat some major points with Ray Allen wide open.

Hawkeye15
11-22-2010, 04:36 PM
I think coach Nick posts on PSD...

Kashmir13579
11-22-2010, 05:47 PM
I love Rondo too. wasn't this Miami's first game together though?